1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dan_halen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17961 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

They haven't told us yet. It is a little weird though.

Maybe they’re gonna start selling gummies

2 weeks later
#18050 1 year ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

Okay, who snagged the Gorgar before me?

ArcadeRaid You looking to buy a Gorgar machine? I'm perpetually considering selling mine.

1 month later
#18201 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

Check out SS billiard tonight!

Man, I just left!

1 month later
#18351 1 year ago

Thinking about selling my Williams Triple Action. Guy I bought it from said it didn’t power on, but they had it plugged into a janky outlet, and I can’t find anything else wrong with it. Any interest, feel free to PM me

4 weeks later
#18423 1 year ago

Looking for suggestions on which distributor to go to for a Bond Premium. Any ideas?

#18484 1 year ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:Oh yeah, another vote for Glenn at the pinball place. With his pin crawler he'll make short work of those stairs in your basement Dan. Thanks again for the Triple Action, I'm really digging it.

Thanks Larry!

I did go with Glen, and have paid the deposit. The game isn't for me, unfortunately (unless dude doesn't pay up, in that case, I'm totally taking it!), but I did also enquire about the Pin Crawler and will probably grab one when he gets more.

I'm glad you're liking Triple Action! I ended up getting a Space Mission after you took that, and will probably list it for sale/trade at some point when I get bored.

Thanks again!

1 week later
#18523 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Machine - For Sale

Loaded Jurassic Park (Premium)

New ad!

HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “HUO Jurassic Park Premium with 123 plays. 2022 build no issues to speak of. Super clean basically in new condition. I am the second owner, only selling to make room for a LOTR LE I...”

1 hour ago

Eau Claire, WI

WildRover

10,000 (Firm)

Oh man! I just had a friend tell me they were looking for JP, but then I realized they wanted the DE one.

That said, if anyone is looking to move a DE JP, I know someone looking for one.

#18525 1 year ago

Thinking about selling my 1976 Williams Space Mission. I'd like to see 1500 for it, as it's in pretty decent shape. Let me know if interested.

2 weeks later
#18584 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

So far we are up to 5 members. Anyone else want to join? If you aren't north/west metro chime in if you would be interested as well. Maybe we need to expand our zone to get more interest.

This interests me, I’m in St. Paul. My issue is that I need to get my basement refinished and I can’t seem to get a contractor to commit to doing the work. Until that’s done, there’s no way I can have people here and retain my dignity

#18586 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Just modified my last message to indicate hosting is not a requirement

Oh! In that case, what day of the week will this be happening?

#18594 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Currently thinking mondays or tuesdays - not nailed down yet. Working to get an interested list and then will work quickly to determine schedule and dates/times. Last year we were IFPA sanctioned and will be again this year as well.

Hmm... I've the travelling bar league on Mondays, and the Tilt leagues run on Tuesdays (which are over now, but I'm sure another will start soon). I might be willing to skip the later, but I couldn't bail on my team for Monday nights.

#18595 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Hey everyone…the Pinball Awards would love your thoughts and votes on “best of” 2022”. To add your opinions:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GZ976JB

Signed up!

1 week later
#18632 1 year ago
Quoted from izzymonkey:

Funny, and very on-point observation about board game storage. In my sadly unfinished basement (this is a 100-year-old house in Minneapolis) the thing immediately next to STpro is... the shelf of board games.

I’m trying to get my 100 year old basement in St. Paul finished so I can have a proper pin room that isn’t 48° in the winter. Current estimates are around $150k and there’s absolutely no way I’m doing that.

#18639 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wonder if selling your house and buying a more usable one would be better ?
LTG : )

Or use the money to partner up with you, Lloyd!!

#18643 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Well, color me confused.

What’s confusing? That article is hilarious

#18649 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

On a related note aren’t there some championship tournaments this weekend or next? I don’t usually follow competitions much.

As Les stated, the state tournament is on 1/21, but there’s also a tournament at Blainebrooke the same day dubbed “For the Rest of Us”

#18652 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

We are forming a team to compete in the twin cities pinball league. So far we have a team of 9. We can have up to 12. I will shoot you a PM.

Well this just got more challenging! Took 3rd last season, which is about as high as we could’ve hoped. Either the Tilt or Caffetto teams always win. I’m excited!

#18654 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Just registered our team with 56 brewing - we've got 9 of us

That’s more than enough. We ran a skeleton crew of pretty much 4 people most of the season, since almost everyone else never showed. It can get exhausting having the weight of the whole team riding on you every single round, but I think 12 people might be too many, then you never get to play!

Sounds like the new Up/Down team is kinda comprised of monster players too, so that’ll be interesting as well.

#18657 1 year ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Going to keep us in suspense? What’d you get?

confusedobama.gif

#18660 1 year ago
Quoted from BadgeringBadger:

To add to the Monday Twin Cities league talk, I'm helping form a team at the Oakdale Burrow, and there's still room for more people. If anyone's interested in playing over there, let me know, otherwise there are some posters on site with more info.

This is fantastic! We actually had to vote on whether or not people would want to play that far out. I live in St. Paul, so it’s no biggie for me.

#18662 1 year ago

I'm hoping it works. I've played the last few seasons at UpDown and Tilt, but I'm joining the Burrow team for at least a season to help get it off the ground.
It sounds like we have some interest from people who are new to competitive pinball, so I feel like even if it only lasts a season or two it'll get some new players interested in playing elsewhere. I know it's not as close as most of the Minneapolis locations for some people, but at least it's right off the interstate.

Exactly! It’s not hard to get to, it’s right there.

#18664 1 year ago

I'm hoping it works. I've played the last few seasons at UpDown and Tilt, but I'm joining the Burrow team for at least a season to help get it off the ground.
It sounds like we have some interest from people who are new to competitive pinball, so I feel like even if it only lasts a season or two it'll get some new players interested in playing elsewhere. I know it's not as close as most of the Minneapolis locations for some people, but at least it's right off the interstate.

I do want to say that a lot of people are in the league to just have a good time, and aren't really competitive. Some folks actually decided to quit because it was getting to competitive, which is a bummer, they are good people, fun to be around.

#18665 1 year ago

Taking a long shot here, but I'm looking for an El Dorado City of Gold, if anyone knows anyone looking to part with one. Thanks!

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Just discovered that this gem exists and I'd like to acquire one. Thanks!”
2023-01-17
Saint Paul, MN
Wanted
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 103 times

#18672 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Anyone in the Twin Cities area, there is going to be a launch party for James Bond at St. Paul Tap tomorrow night from 5-8pm. Casual, family friendly event. $5 gets you free play on all the pins and an entry into the random draw for a Stern Bond Pinball Banner. Optional high score contest on Bond as well. Here is the event link for more info...
https://www.facebook.com/events/1170652266904578/

DAMNIT!! I live 10 minutes away, but the Bond Premium on order for my friend arrives tomorrow and I gotta go to the western suburbs after work to drag it downstairs and set it up

#18674 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Dude that sounds like an equally sweet night though! I love the way (most) shots feel in Bond. While you're moving it feel free to code more in the game as well please, thanks.

Should be a good time! I also picked up a Gottlieb James Bond just last night, too bad it won’t be going where the new one is, that would be a sweet lineup next to the other 9 Gottlieb machines (all EM)

#18685 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone in here scoop up that skateball in MN?

That thing went so fast! Meanwhile I've been coordinating the shipment of an Embryon machine to put next to the Space Invaders I picked up yesterday

#18692 1 year ago

Looking for a Bally Spy Hunter, shoot me a message if you wanna unload one

SOLD!
Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “I'd really like to get my hands on a good Spy Hunter machine. I am willing to ship if needed, so if you have one you're looking to get rid of, please let me know. Thank you!”
2023-01-25
Saint Paul, MN
Wanted
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 48 times
Contributed to Pinside

#18696 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Topper for Cactus Canyon arrived. Who wants to help install it ?

I planned to come back on Thursday afternoon, if you can wait that long.

#18698 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I appreciate that. No idea if anyone else will stop in.
It's ready to go. Lift on top, 4 screws and washers and a cable. Plugs in holes on top already removed.
Thank you !

Great! I’ll see if I can come before then, but I’ll see you next week, if not before.

#18700 1 year ago

Whelp, decided to look for a Future Spa

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “I have a really dumb idea to get all 5 Bally Wide Bodies in one room, like a family reunion or something. I've procured 2/5, might have a line on a third. Gonna need this bad boy t...”
2023-08-08
Saint Paul, MN
Wanted
Archived after: 110 days
Viewed: 307 times

#18705 1 year ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

Anyone have a sports or billiards theme EM they want to part with? Thanks

You looking to do work on it? I have a Gottlieb Pro Football that I keep putting on the back burner.

1 week later
#18720 1 year ago

Agreed.

NightTrain you let me know when you’re ready to surrender them pins

1 week later
#18757 1 year ago
Quoted from clairemakesstuff:

Hi! I am brand new to Pinside, TheNoTrashCougar suggested I join. I am a newbie-ish pinball enthusiast from Saint Paul, MN, and a not-so-newbie artist. I have primarily made jewelry from different stones and crystals, but have also dabbled in crochet. I am hoping to incorporate my love for pinball into my jewelry-making, which brings me to my ask... I want your garbage! I want to make jewelry out of faulty and duplicate plastics and do dads... Flippers, balls, levels, plumbobs, pop bumper caps, light coverings, coin slot buttons, etc. Super used and beat up? No problem! The opportunities are endless! I'm willing to pay shipping of course, or pick up locally, or work something else out if needed. I'm also willing to send you samples of what I make! My dream is to vend at tournaments and conventions. My first love is the original Black Knight so bonus points for anything from one of those machines. Let me know if you have a box of old parts you're not using and lets chat! Thanks for looking

I’ve got plenty of scrap stuff, and will probably continually end up with more. I’d definitely give you some of it, otherwise I’ll end up and old man with a basement full of junk!

#18761 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone looking to sell a full size stand up dart board?
Or one of the Atari pong tables?

There’s a dartboard in my garage that the previous tenant left. Probably has water damage to the wood, no idea if it works, free if you wanna come get it

#18763 1 year ago

Definitely not what’s in my garage. Sorry!

#18773 1 year ago
Quoted from Keylime:

Anyone know if Dean from "Dean's Vending" has a pinside account?

Trying to get a game fixed?

#18786 1 year ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Does anyone have an extra backglass that would fit a Monte Carlo? Or an extra backglass and translite?

Not cheap, but you can get one here:

https://www.pinballbackglass.com/product-page/monte-carlo-1972-bally-bm72

#18800 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’ll keep dropping this $100 per day until she’s gone!

I’ll be in Sioux Falls in about 118 days

#18802 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

lol! I think someone might grab it before it’s free.

Keep me posted

#18804 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Call me when it hits $300.00

Road trip with Lloyd!!!

#18808 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hey. Rules are rules. If this bad boy doesn’t sell in 118 days… it’s free! LTG has dibs!

What the hell, man???

#18815 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Looking for a cheap machine for a friend's 9 year old son. This young boy has Down Syndrome and was recently diagnosed with Leukimia. He was in the hospital and had a chance to play pinball. According to the family he really enjoyed it.
Not looking for handouts but if you have something in the $800 range shoot me a message. Game doesn't have to be 100%, more looking for something he can enjoy while he is stuck in the house.

While I don’t have a machine to offer up, I’d do any repairs on what you get labor free, and I’m sure we could find cheap parts on here somewhere.

#18827 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

If anyone is interested in a mint condition BKSOR Pro...lemme know before I post it!

Pro is the way to go with this game. I wish I could buy it!

#18845 1 year ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've got a FREE Joker Poker backglass if anyone wants it. Must pick up in Madison, WI. Has some flaking but very presentable. Will get tossed this weekend if not picked up.

Are you willing to ship it? If not, do you know anyone going to Nationals at District 82? I could have someone grab it there if so.

#18861 1 year ago

LTG i suspect you’ll have one on hand for troubleshooting?!

#18864 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'll have one. Not sure yet for trouble shooting or if another jjp pin bites the dust to get it.
I do tech support for PPS, PPS/CGC. I'm not involved with PPS on the Fathom project, and don't know if I am on CGC/PMP. ( CGC/Raw Thrills )
Time will tell.

Pulp Fiction or no, I’ll see you first thing Saturday

#18866 1 year ago
Quoted from Ribs:

Sucks for Tilt (now Tlt?) with all the name stuff...

Yeah, it’s seemingly pretty aggressive litigation or something. Is it Tilt Amusements that’s suing?

#18869 1 year ago
Quoted from Ribs:

I don't know, but whoever is doing it is not a friend of pinball. They are seriously screwing with their business for seemingly no reason. I assume there is some personal beef or petty jealousy behind it.

The way Jonah explained it, someone owns the rights to the word “Tilt” when used in any sort of gaming or amusements setting. Full Tilt Tavern is probably getting the same treatment, just in a different timeline. It doesn’t sound like it’s something personal, just ridiculous laws around people being able to own words and flexing on anybody trying to make money with them.

#18873 1 year ago
Quoted from anathematize:

Interesting. I always assumed it was coming from the company that owns Tilt Studios and similar arcades.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt_(arcade)

It totally could be them, that information was never disclosed in what I’d heard, so I can neither confirm nor deny.

#18900 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Droppin TNA again, is basically free at this point. $7800

Look, we're clearly steering toward a "I'll pay you to come take this away" situation, so I'll just pop down and grab it. It'll look nice next to an original run

#18903 1 year ago
Quoted from Barkz:

If he gives it to you for free I want mine back for free. Seems fair all the way around. Will donate to pinside.

Free plus the parts and time spent keeping that bitch alive

#18906 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Feel free, just "accidentally" leave 7800 united states dollar bills behind plz.

Do you like Minnesota Fun Bux? Cause I got plenty of those

#18925 1 year ago

Going to pick up a Jungle Lord and Diamond Lady tonight. Never saw DL before, but it looks interesting. I’m not sure I want to keep both of them, but had to take the two. I’ve played Jungle Lord a bit out at D82, and still can’t decide if I’m a fan.

#18957 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Free used pinball glass in woodbury if anyone needs a sheet or 2 or 3. Lol

I’d come and check them out. When works for you?

#18968 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

pinballplusMN and I had so much of it last year I must have taken 40 sheets or more to the county recycling center. Somewhere I have a video with them lined up 20x2 and hammering them from the top edge.
The interest is generally low but Dan_Halen I might have a couple more if you are still in need.

I can dig it. Recently picked up a Totem machine and there’s a chip on the edge of the glass. It’s barely noticeable on the machine, but I know it’s there and it bothers me

#18981 1 year ago
Quoted from Keylime:

GTF looks like good clean fun. I absolutely cannot wait to play one!

I’m rather excited as well! I do like movie themes, but it’s refreshing to get original and silky IPs. Even that marketing video was fantastic, it made me think that’s what would be done if AFM was released today, just a silly fake movie trailer or something.

#18983 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

Pinside as a whole has been banging the “non-licensed IP games will not sell” gong for years, using the last couple decades of poorly executed games as the model to “prove” it.
I’ve never bought that. The only nugget of truth in there is that poorly executed games created WITH a licensed IP have often gotten by with okay sales… but that is not proving the premise, it is proving you can make mediocre pins and still sell them BECAUSE of the IP.

I hope I wasn’t coming off as bitchy about movie/music games, I just like to see people are working to come up with original stuff alongside the pop culture IPs.

#18990 1 year ago

System-7 Wiring: May I Look Under Your Hood?
I have a System-7 Williams machine with a special-solenoid issue. I have tried to decipher the wiring in my schematics but it’s eluding me. It would be a tremendous help if I could take some close-up phone photos of your working System-7 pin to guide me in my wiring repair. I need to install a new diode and capacitor on a kicker switch whose solenoid energizes and locks upon powering the machine. I can pay you for the trouble. I’m in Minneapolis.
Thanks.

My Jungle Lord has a Rottendog Combo Board in it, not sure if that helps or not. I’m out grabbing a game, but can send some when I get home if it helps.

1 week later
#19019 1 year ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Just had our first 80+ attendee monthly tournament

That was ahhh, cramped, to say the least

#19026 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Out of curiosity… what’s the max capacity of the current location?

Legally? 80, including the employees. I believe the signs came down during the tournament in question

I didn’t see that, but someone had told me it happened.

#19039 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Hey. They want to name the New Mall Of America dog for the canine unit. link below. lets see if we can get it named "pinball"!
https://forms.office.com/pages/responsepage.aspx?id=fD8vaSqd5kS9kkIOcU2yFmxPio8bR-lLhItcaV51kitUMk5BVFJJSkhBRjg5NFJQVE1BT0dNRExWVS4u

Done!

#19044 1 year ago

Tilt still has one I believe. It hasn’t been at the main location the last couple times I’ve visited but it’s a slim possibility they have it out at one of their route locations (Morts, Sisyphus, others?).

It’s definitely not at Morts. I think that machine was constantly broken, as it was off more than it was on, so I wouldn’t doubt if it was just pulled from rotation.

#19045 1 year ago

I’ve a friend looking to sell a Drop-A-Card machine. He’d like to get $1k for it, playfield and backglass don’t look bad, can provide pics. I do know one of the drop targets is broken off, but probably isn’t too hard to get another one from PBR. Let me know if you’re interested

#19058 1 year ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

As long as customers paying thousands of dollars for their lack of quality, why would they feel the need to change?

Right?? Fezmid has that glass channel issue, but he also has the holes for the shooter rod assembly drilled too high, so we had to put a washer under the assembly on the bottom to make it stop dragging against the autofire mechanism. Saw the exact same issue on a Bond Pro a couple of weeks after we “fixed” his.

#19071 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

The verdict was it was fun to play. The flippers felt very different from prior JJP games. Almost like WPC flippers feel. Shots were fun and some challenging. I couldn’t get a great sense for the sound in a loud arcade, but suspect in a home environment it comes together well.

I had to play it in a tournament and had never played before. I just asked someone quick what to do and ended up winning by an astonishing amount. So many Multiball options!

#19077 1 year ago
Quoted from isJ:

Now I need pics of this fire pit.

I too need to see this beast. @bmanpin, you got pics?!

1 week later
#19125 1 year ago

Got a local MN guy making me a Wedgehead back door. He said he could do a batch if the first one works out well, if anyone is in need. Not sure on pricing or anything, but I’m sure something comparable or cheaper to PB Resource is doable.

For the record, I tried ordering one from Steve Young and he told me it would probably just be cheaper to have someone make one for me, so here we are.

PM me if interested and I’ll start a list

#19135 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

Which style? There are two, one with the "tabs" the you can see and ones you can't see when the door is installed. The ones you can see has a smaller tab at the bottom. I bet one could be designed to fit both styles.

Oh dang, I suppose I’ll have to get back to you on that. I gave him the door to copy, so I’ll report back whenever I have it. Best I can say is he’s copying the one from my Jacks Open

#19156 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

Asking for a friend that’s not on ps and lives by Blainebrook, are there any tournaments/leagues by there, or semi-close?

Tournament generally every Wednesday night, and one Saturday per month (I think). Registration for Wednesday’s starts around 6:30, rounds start at 7:00

#19162 1 year ago

This thread is getting spicy. If you guys are gonna throw down, I’m interested in spectatorship.

#19186 12 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Man, I need to start a podcast apparently.

I studied audio engineering and have some decent hardware

#19189 12 months ago
Quoted from Barkz:

I’ll guest host. We can talk about how an average man struggles to get out of last place in pinball tournaments.

Live from @ltg’s countertop! I’ll bring the donuts.

#19196 12 months ago

WTB a Stern Electronics spinner. My Meteor one finally broke today and I'm not sure if its repairable.

I swear I see these on Pinball Resource all the time. All the old Sterns used the same one, with varying colors

#19207 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I like Blitz.

I don't like a product that does two things. It usually doesn't do a good job of either.

I picked up a Space Invaders pin a few months ago and the seller was super stoked to give me a bottle of his cleaner. He hands me an original bottle of Wildcat from the 80’s and I just kind of looked at him in shock. “You still been using this, man?” He sure had, because the manual for the game definitely told him to. I was horrified and ordered a new playfield immediately

I also see bottles of Millwax on the counter of a place that shall remain nameless here in town

#19209 11 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

Anyone else here ever tried convincing someone that has always used it to stop doing so? Ha. Get video and let’s meet back up here for giggles.

I see you run in the same circles

#19214 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

It does a pretty good job on lifting the edges of mylar and melting the bases of plastic posts.

So if a guy needed to remove Mylar, I know what to buy?!

#19215 11 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

But what about those wonderful TV / VHS combos?

I had one that was a TV/VCR/DVD combo, so the perfect trifecta of mediocrity. Never did it, but I found comfort in knowing I had the option to copy my new dvds to vhs incase I needed to take the show on the road.

1 week later
#19264 11 months ago

Anyone know of a place in the twin cities where I can physically go buy Novus 1/2? I’m out and need some asap.

#19270 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Ace Hardware Stores usually have it.

Excellent!

Thank you all, not sure why I thought it’d be harder to find. I have only ever ordered from Pinball Life or Marco.

#19272 11 months ago

I’ll come clean. I use Novus 3 exclusively and I didn’t want y’all to know that’s what I was really looking for.

#19274 11 months ago

pronounced insert cupping are things I would like to avoid

This kinda comes with the territory on these games. The triangle inserts in this era are pretty much all trashed. You can definitely replace them with some work though.

#19312 11 months ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Be nice you two. Take everyone at face value til they prove otherwise. Welcome Chumples

I was thinking the same thing.

#19314 11 months ago

Anyone in the market for a classic SS Bally?
Anyone in the market for NOS parts?
Anyone up for an adventure that will challenge and even alarm you?
Anyone exceedingly patient, flexible, accommodating?
Well, then this seller is your ticket:
minneapolis.craigslist.org link
Suggestion: don’t mention my name if you hope for a callback. For reasons no sane person could possibly deduce, I offended him by being on time, speaking politely, and paying $500 cash for a backglass. I passed on his game after expressing interest over the phone. If that makes no sense to you now, a visit there would make the justification for that crystal clear. Still, if you’re an adventurer, go and see for yourself.

Does he really have 52 Bally machines? He wanted top dollar for a Hotdoggin’ machine, and never got back to me on Harlem Globetrotters or Dolly Parton

#19316 11 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Pictures are pretty bad and the fact the seller is calling a Sketball “rare” makes me think something weird is going on there.

Yeah, as I’d mentioned, they said they had 52 Bally machines, yet they were rather unresponsive on pricing.

#19320 11 months ago

I hope I wasn’t giving off vibes that I think he’s a bad dude.

Quoted from skink91:

Jerry is not a bad dude.
Just my 2 cents. Carry on.

#19339 11 months ago
Quoted from Keylime:

Had some unexpected surgeries and a big surprise home repair all right after one another. Sold my collection off and lastly
James Bond Premium,
Freshly opened and under 100 plays. Perfect in every way and running current code.
Added Mirror blades. (They look fantastic! )
Kickout lowered to minimum before game 1 and generic shooter lane protector installed. Cliffys are on order but he's super backed up right now. Can pass on your address to Cliff to have them mailed to you as they are already paid for.
Upgraded wifi dongle for Stern Insider Connected
Included in sale is the custom Bond banner and the official Stern Bond trade show banner.
$8,800 obo
(will contribute to pinside if this procs a deal before I make an official ad this weekend)

Out of curiosity, why did you lower the kickout power? Is this a thing?

I worked on one yesterday that had the black sticker that follows up the ramp on the back wall overlapping the metal ball guide, this was from the factory. It was just enough transition to ensure the ball almost never went up that back ramp.

Can’t upload a pic, but it was so dumb.

#19358 11 months ago
Quoted from janus:

I did, I love Blainbrook, but Donny is an asshole and I don't think he'd care that I said that...

And the games just are not in the condition they sold them on in the news story either. Can’t speak to the assholishness you speak of

#19365 11 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I remember going there about five or six years ago. The playfields were dirty, some pins were not working correctly, scratches all over the glass, etc.
I was so turned off that I left earlier than planned and haven’t been back since.
Has it gotten any better for those who have been there in the last year?

I agree with LTG and you should definitely check it out and make your own decision, don’t take my word for it. I might have higher standards than others, who knows. That said, I’ll still go there for a tournament from time to time.

#19403 11 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

I remember that one well… there have been a few of those rather legendary local facebook outbursts. It would be disingenuous for me to pretend they weren’t entertaining as an ‘innocent bystander’. Well, maybe not entirely innocent… or bystanding… but entertaining!

I only recently heard tell of the Reddit one, but it’s definitely still there to find, 6 years later…

#19419 11 months ago
Quoted from Keylime:

Anybody know if Starcade settled on a new location? I'm heartbroken they're moving from Roseville as they are super close to me. My kids and I love going there. Nothing like being able to take your kids to an arcade and then walking over to the movie theater to go catch a movie with your kids in 2023.

I heard tell they were trying to build a super arcade, but no idea on where or when.

#19447 11 months ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

I got a Bally Viking into a Prius with the hatch closed. Front seat was pulled up far enough to make it a very uncomfortable drive home.

I often wonder if I could jam an EM into my 2017 Prius

2 weeks later
#19515 10 months ago

Anyone happen to have a pop bumper cap for Blackout? Only need one, but would buy a matching set if one were available.

#19518 10 months ago
Quoted from gutz:

Maybe. Are the other two with more yellow or tan(ish) ink? I've seen both.

Looks to be yellow, and the ring around the mushroom is black

#19521 10 months ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Yellow or white on the red background?
Never mind...posted that before I read all the posts.
I have one but don't recall the color...will check tonight.

Awesome, thanks! I go to the client’s next Friday, but I can always just get generic Williams ones if you don’t have it.

#19523 10 months ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Apologies, can't find it.

Not a problem at all, thank you for checking

#19540 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Contact Dan_Halen here on Pinside.

Thanks Lloyd!

3 weeks later
#19643 9 months ago

I just picked up a stunning condition Egg Head machine. I can’t believe how good it looks for being 62 years old. I don’t plan to keep it, so if anyone is interested, just let me know.

It was sold me me as not working, but it works just fine ‍♂️

1 week later
#19703 9 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

ooooh no never mention this!!!!! It’s funny I had a thread way the fuck back in the day about a 4500 twilight zone…
They said you shouldn’t mention it or someone will steal it from you
Others mentioned that a 4500 TZ was overpriced lol

I helped a woman move an AC/DC Premium recently that she procured for under $6k. The seller posted it in a FB group and everyone thought it was spam and deleted/blocked the seller. It was not spam and was practically brand new.

#19731 9 months ago
Quoted from brobra:

Who needs a teleporter when you got the brobra?!

It’s like having a real-time Time Machine! Hop in, and just wait for the time you’re trying to get to

1 week later
#19801 8 months ago

Just had a client ask me to find him an AC/DC machine. Premium and up, if anyone is looking to sell

#19803 8 months ago
Quoted from mackey256:

If you post a YouTube link it shows as a video.

I love this video so much

2 weeks later
#19879 8 months ago

Does anyone here know or know of a tech in St Paul named Gary?
Stern referred me to him, although they didn’t supply a last name.
Thanks.

If it’s the Gary I’m thinking it is, he’s a great EM guy, so I’m betting he’s decent with Sterns.

#19921 7 months ago

Prolly need a Safe Cracker for that xD

#19925 7 months ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Best I know Aaron isn’t an operator. Just a collector with his dad.
I sold him a black night about 5 years back.

Bought by Deadpool off him in 2019. He brought it to my house in NE and everything, super nice guy.

2 weeks later
#19973 7 months ago

Venom sightings, anyone?
PRO’s began shipping last Friday.

I’m not usually one that gets psyched about new games, but I played it a District 82 last month and had a blast. Can’t wait to get one setup at St. Paul Tap

#19974 7 months ago

Strange question, but anyone on here an accountant or know of a good one? I need one for my repair business, cause I'm not an accountant

1 month later
#20102 6 months ago

Oh, and at least one row has huge, playfield-shaped monitors mounted on the wall above each machine, so you can follow the action if you're spectating from further away. Tip: play your ball looking at the monitor and not your playfield! It's a trip!

I decided I’m strictly playing games on this wall ONLY looking at the monitor. Get good doing that and you’re pretty much able to see the future on real games

2 weeks later
#20160 5 months ago

Viking84,
If you're interested in a trade for a HUO Wonka LE plus some cash, please PM me. Thanks.

Didn’t you just sell Elvira?!

Machine - For Sale

Elvira's HOH Premium with Mods

As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Elvira HOH up for sale. under 100 plays. Has some mods like speaker grill art and coin door art. Stern official side armor, kicker speakers in the back box. Art blades. Flipper top...”

29 hours ago

Oakdale, MN
(6 mi)

Viking84

9,500 (Firm)

#20161 5 months ago

Viking84,
If you're interested in a trade for a HUO Wonka LE plus some cash, please PM me. Thanks.

Machine - For Sale

Elvira's HOH Premium with Mods

As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Elvira HOH up for sale. under 100 plays. Has some mods like speaker grill art and coin door art. Stern official side armor, kicker speakers in the back box. Art blades. Flipper top...”

29 hours ago

Oakdale, MN
(6 mi)

Viking84

9,500 (Firm)

Didn’t you just sell one of these?? What gives?!

1 week later
#20194 5 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ive a friend looking for her very first pinball and wants a South Park, hit me up if you are thinking of selling so we can discuss. ty!

I might know of one, but at this point I’m just jacked to learn there’s a town named TRONville!

1 week later
#20223 5 months ago

So, I did a thing with Luke Nahorniak. It’s a tournament venue that will have around 50 games with a flat rate entry fee of $20, all games on free play. Great mix of moderns, classics, and EMs all meticulously maintained. We’re down in Savage and will have our first event on 12/3 at 3:00. Doors open at 3, tournament is at 5 and is totally optional.

https://www.facebook.com/northstarpinballcollective?mibextid=LQQJ4d

#20225 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Good luck and best wishes !

Thanks Lloyd!!

#20235 4 months ago

Looking for a decent EBD. Projects are okay as long as the playfield isn't gnarly, I ain't no playfield specialist!

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking to purchase an EBD. Will consider projects if the playfield is in decent condition. Cabinet doesn't matter too much, and I can repair anything else. Thank you!”
4 months ago
Saint Paul, MN
Expired!

#20238 4 months ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Pics or it didn’t happen!

There’s a whole thread on here about cars that can hold pins!

#20255 4 months ago

Northstar Pinball Collective game list:

Spanish Eyes (Williams, 1972)
Gulfstream (Williams, 1973)
Pro-Football (Gottlieb, 1973)
Jacks Open (Gottlieb, 1977)
Space Mission (Williams, 1976)
Sure Shot (Gottlieb, 1976)
The Spirit of 76 (Gottlieb, 1975)
Black Jack (Bally, 1977)
Bronco (Gottlieb, 1977)
Prospector (Sonic, 1977)
Mars Trek (Sonic, 1977)
Eight Ball (Bally, 1977)
Supersonic (Bally, 1979)
Close Encounters of the Third Kind (Gottlieb, 1978)
Lost World (Bally, 1977)
Wild Fyre (Stern, 1978)
Totem (Gottlieb, 1979)
Gorgar (Williams, 1979)
Big Game (Stern, 1980)
Time Warp (Williams, 1979)
Hot Hand (Stern, 1979)
Paragon (Bally, 1979)
Meteor (Stern, 1979)
James Bond 007 (Gottlieb, 1980)
Blackout (Williams, 1980)
Space Invaders (Bally, 1979)
Xenon (Bally, 1979)
Jungle Lord (Williams, 1981)
Embryon (Bally, 1981)
Spy Hunter (Bally, 1984)
Comet (Williams, 1985)
Bounty Hunter (Gottlieb, 1985)
High Speed (Williams, 1986)
Party Animal (Bally, 1987)
Diamond Lady (Gottlieb, 1988)
TX Sector (Gottlieb, 1988)
Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Williams, 1991)
Demolition Man (Williams, 1994)
Transformers (LE) (Stern, 2011)
Mustang (LE) (Stern, 2014)
Game of Thrones (Premium) (Stern, 2015)
Metallica (Pro) (Stern, 2013)
Total Nuclear Annihilation (Spooky, 2017)
Attack From Mars (Remake) (Chicago Gaming, 2017)
Guardians of the Galaxy (Pro) (Stern, 2017)
Deadpool (Pro) (Stern, 2018)
Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Pro) (Stern, 2018)
Stranger Things (LE) (Stern, 2019)
The Munsters (Pro) (Stern, 2019)
Avengers: Infinity Quest (Pro) (Stern, 2020)

#20258 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

5636 W 125th St, Savage, MN 55378 Opening and tournament this Sunday.
PM Dan_Halen for hours and details.

Good point, Lloyd!

Sundays we’re doing 3-11, tournament starts at 5. Thursday’s will have the same hours, but we’ll only have tournaments every other week so we don’t take away from other tournies in town. Thursday tournaments will start at 6:30.

#20284 4 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

No, I wasn't clear at all.
I updated my post too - looks like the reader that was working is way overcharging right now too.

Quoted from LesManley:

I told Mike about it and he is going there today to check them out.

I’ll be there Monday for sure, if I survive tomorrow

1 week later
#20356 4 months ago

I had the great pleasure of finally meeting John Ross from pinballplusMN this weekend at District 82. I've been looking forward to meeting him for quite some time now as he's clearly the authority on repairs in this city, so I was a bit excited to say the least. He quickly informed me that he was none too happy with my website having images from his site and I was very confused. I'd hired Wix Media Group to make my website, and other than modifying rates, I don't really interact with it much. I took a look and sure as shit there were images directly from his site right on mine and I can't say how embarrassed I was (and still am). I flashed back to the only design meeting I'd had with them and they pushed me to name a website for a similar business and Pinball Plus just came to mind. It had never occurred to me that they would simply steal from him, and it never occurred to me to go back to his site to check anything.

John was incredibly cordial about all of this, even though he had every right to just berate me or take to the internet. I removed all of the images in question as soon as I got home from Green Bay and am even looking into a whole new website overall, this was just what I could do to immediately rectify the most damage.

I take full responsibility for this situation. I should've been more aware of what was going on, I just couldn't have been less interested in the whole process at that time that I simply just said "looks great, thanks" when I was having the site built and this approach bit me in the ass. I will also be in contact with Wix Media Group, though I truly don't expect much, and I'll be working directly with John to make sure there are no more issues going forward.

I felt the need to make this post simply due to the immense respect that I have for those that have come before me in this little hobby we all enjoy, and I'll probably never truly feel that I've made up for this situation.

#20373 4 months ago

Thank you all for the reception to this whole thing. John couldn't be more gracious in this whole matter and as I'd mentioned to him, I'm not stoked about the means in which we met, but we've moved past it and I think we'll have a fantastic relationship going forward.

Also, yes @skink91, John crushed it in a room full of killers last weekend!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dan_halen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=dan_halen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.