1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmanpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14819 3 years ago

Does the Twin Cities metro have a JJP distributor? I want to be in on the new GNR I’m looking for somebody to give money to.

#14824 3 years ago
Quoted from GVONM:

The Pinball Place is an official Stern, American and JJP dealer.
GNR, Hotwheels, Wonka, Avengers, Turtles.
www.ThePinballPlace.com
gvonm

Thanks Glen! Pulling trigger now for the LE

#14831 3 years ago

1 week later
#14860 3 years ago

1 month later
#15230 3 years ago

I’m on the hunt for a local Ghostbusters premium or LE preferably. PM me! I know there are a few on the marketplace sometimes but would like to do a cash local deal.

1 week later
#15284 3 years ago

Still hunting for a Ghostbusters LE!

2 weeks later
#15446 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

While I agree with most of what you have said, I will also note that there are A LOT of new buyers this year too. I am seeing 1 out of 4, maybe 1 out of 5 buyers of nib are first time buyers. Remember, pinball is becoming more and more mainstream again. Rayban ads, Toyota commercial, and many, many more.
People are not traveling, not going to football games, not going to Disney, etc. The people fortunate enough to have their jobs seem to have the disposal income and they are looking to "upgrade" their in home entertainment options.

Agree! Are you spying on me? Jumped in less than a year ago and have 5 pins already.

2 months later
1 week later
#15864 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

brobra has one incoming

He has it listed in the marketplace now. LE looks pretty nice and fair price.

3 months later
#16328 2 years ago

Anyone know if a Mando has landed at Tilt in Minneapolis? They aren’t known for putting Pro’s on the floor so maybe I am answering my own question here?

1 month later
#16604 2 years ago

#16608 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I dislike the price police more than most but this thread is really heading in the wrong direction lately.

This is a vague comment not sure if this is geared towards my ad but i'm obo as are the others. I don't think you'll find a less expensive Mando at this point. Maybe in a year or two! I'm not firm on anything ever.

#16610 2 years ago

i suppose it is a regional for sale thread so you'll get ads you don't like and i'll get comments i don't like. . Want to buy a Mando LE?

#16612 2 years ago

You are blowing out some games lately! Want to trade anything?

Quoted from NightTrain:

Well shit....I might as well add to the fun while we're at

Machine - For Sale

For sale/trade: Guns N' Roses (CE)

New!

As new - New out of box (first owner) “First owner GnR Collectors Edition #66. 260 plays. No issues. I've gone through and installed the updated posts and the PETG clear washers. Playfield looks perfect. I'm happy to ta...”

7 hours ago

Otsego, MN

18,500 (OBO)

NightTrain

#16621 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Very well. I will do so now.

ohhh we are being kicked out...funny! Everybody gets in a twist lately. So be it.

#16640 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yeah I get bored with games pretty quick! I’ve got a sweet Mando for trade. I hear you love that game! Kidding. Mine is actually sold.
I do want your Lebowski though. Hit me up if you want to make some sort of a trade for it.

Yeah gotta get Mando out to make room for something that interests me more. Just added the starry lit apron to Lebowski and it ties the game together. It's too fun. Love the movie and the pin! It may never leave but I should never say never.

#16673 2 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

The fellowship of the over-priced

One overpriced ad to rule them all

1 month later
#16876 2 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Answering my own question, sorta... looks like some people on pinside (2-3yrs ago) have had luck with Michelle Bianchi Beltmann Integrated Logistics. Can anyone share recent experiences with this company/person?

I've used her twice for pins shipped with legs on always scary but that way they can't drive a forklift through it apparently. I had my ruby red Wizard of Oz shipped up from Arizona to the Minneapolis area and not a scratch on it took about seven days.

I would use them again for sure.

#16881 2 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

From Philly/Jersey area. Not sure on legs yet, trying to determine the best route. Assumed legs off and wrapped was safe, but maybe not.

OK, this is great info. I may try to have them ship it with legs on. I'm assuming you have the head folded and wrapped?
Also, thank you both for the replies!

yep wrapped with moving blankets and head was folded down and then shrink wrapped also make sure you request that they bring those cardboard corner protector things for the legs that will ensure it doesn't get scratched or give it an extra layer of protection. I worried about that game for the seven days it was on the truck but it was flawless.

#16895 2 years ago

Anyone in the area want to unload their EHOH premium unto me? I'm on the hunt.

1 week later
#16933 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I've got a Godzilla LE incoming. I'm thinking about trading it for an Elvira House of Horrors.
If you're interested in that trade, hit me up.

Damn, why do we always have the same games incoming?

2 weeks later
#17042 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I'm so spoiled with HD Glass, Invisiglass, PDI glass that I can't stand not having it on my games now. I have overhead lights and the glare off standard drives me bonkers now!

Same here, at this point it's one of the first upgrades I make. Sometimes it's so nice and clear it looks like you can reach in and touch the playfield.

2 months later
#17298 2 years ago

Anyone local want to take a stab?

2 weeks later
#17323 2 years ago

Changed to straight local sale if anyone is interested? I'm around all weekend to assist with pickup.

#17334 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just tells ya you're selling your games too soon! It's all good though. As long as it keeps things fresh for you.

I am in the same boat. Sold my Star Wars comic pro about a year ago now I'm looking for a Premium or LE if anybody in the area wants to let one go. I have a hole to fill since I sold Guns N' Roses.

1 week later
#17350 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Still looking for a Star Wars pro or TWD premium.

Me as well! Star Wars specifically, premium or LE, these were easy to find a year ago even. Now everything is challenging to get!

3 weeks later
#17473 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Back up to 22 pinball machines with the addition of Cactus Canyon Remake.
LTG : )

I must visit!!

2 months later
#17733 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

None on the pinball map.
Lloyd's never had one.

Up Down had one at one point I think also but it's gone as well. My basement has one and it is open.

2 months later
#17915 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone local have an empty stern topper box with the padding in it they would give me? I need to ship a topper.

I have a couple of them actually just sitting in my basement utility room. Let me know!

#17947 1 year ago
Quoted from jonahk:

Thank you! We are so excited to be in this location. It means a lot to us and our Minneapolis roots.

Tilt was instrumental in me moving forward in this hobby and gave me the opportunity to play some amazing games on location and helping me decide what i was interested in and what I wasn't. It's also one rare spot that you can play a lot of LE versions in MN. Looking forward to the new digs!

1 week later
#18020 1 year ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Sorry Jason, but as soon as I realized it was you, I was on to the next buyer. Your name is well known to Twin City pinball collectors as a weirdo, time waster. The game is sold and has been picked up. Everything is gone. I had fun with the hobby and met a ton of really great guys around town the last several years. I wish you all happy flippin’.

Man what a crappy comment. Are you thinking out loud? Probably not necessary but it's Pinside! See you dude!

3 weeks later
#18111 1 year ago
Quoted from abovethepin:

Does anyone know of a local place in MN to pick up a couple of anti glare glass?

NightTrain had some awhile ago.

1 week later
#18146 1 year ago
Quoted from izzymonkey:

Thanks for the info on Up/Down. It's just up the street from me, but I always find myself going a little farther to Tilt. 'Cause, awesome staff, and machines, and food, and nice people, and... well, you know.
Okay, so any opinions, feels, impressions of Tilt becoming LITT and moving to what was (historic) Lyle's?

I feel the same as Krupps4 it'll be a great space. Where else can you play LE's on location or at least so many in one spot in MN? This will give them room to house more! I play there a bit so I can make buying determinations.

2 months later
#18454 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Bond pinball sightings in the Twin Cities Metro, anyone?
No sign of it at Tilt. Could this title be a rare pass for them?

I don't think so. It seems like they end up with every pro initially...at least most of them recently anyway. Then they end up routing an LE in some cases. I'm hoping they get one soon!

#18469 1 year ago

Bond pinball sightings in the Twin Cities Metro, anyone?
No sign of it at Tilt. Could this title be a rare pass for them?

Arrival at Tilt today, Bond Pro!! Go! Go! If I was around this weekend I'd be stopping by for sure

1 week later
#18507 1 year ago

Great website but I can't find their address on their own site? Weird.

#18508 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Great website but I can't find their address on their own site? Weird.

Nevermind must have been my browser

2 months later
#18863 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:I'll have one. Not sure yet for trouble shooting or if another jjp pin bites the dust to get it.
I do tech support for PPS, PPS/CGC. I'm not involved with PPS on the Fathom project, and don't know if I am on CGC/PMP. ( CGC/Raw Thrills )
Time will tell.

I hope you do! I love me some Pulp!

#18885 1 year ago
Quoted from Gopher4653:

Anyone know of a local company that would rent out a machine for home use for 2-3 months?

Check with BFGoodflip

3 weeks later
#19018 1 year ago
Quoted from beergut666:

The following is from a post made on reddit earlier in the week:
Well, this announcement was supposed to coincide with TILT Pinball Bar in Minneapolis, MN moving to our new, much larger space (more on that in a second), but some lawyers had very strongly worded alternate opinions.
TL;DR - TILT Pinball Bar is no more. We are now LITT Pinball Bar, same owners, same staff, same location (for now), same awesome everything except for the name.
Long story long, the pinball location formerly known as TILT Pinball Bar was contacted by lawyers from a company called Nickels and Dimes Incorporated, who operate amusement centers around the US under various permutations of ‘Tilt Studio / Tilted 10 / Tilt Amusement Center’ depending on the amenities offered. They also were issued an overly broad trademark on using the word ‘tilt’ in nearly any capacity back in the early 80’s. They’ve gone after video game manufacturers, pinball locations & arcades like ours that dare to think a word so entrenched in the pinball lexicon would have a legal owner, and be so litigious about it to issue cease and desist letters to us, pinball machine distributors, and even LITT’s friends over at Pinbox 3000 who make DIY cardboard pinball kits for kids and artsy adults. And before you assume that we just blindly opened up a bar without researching potentially competitive names or circumstances like this, the trademark they own for TILT is for “PROVIDING AMUSEMENT ARCADE GAME FACILITY ENTERTAINMENT SERVICES”. Being a bar, and having bar in our name put us into a different category where we thought we’d be safe. We could have fought this, and likely been able to keep the name but you have to realize in trademark battles like this the only people who “win” are the lawyers on both sides. After a protracted discussion with their lawyers and ours going back and forth, the bar formerly known as TILT decided to drop the fight and change the name early instead of agreeing to N&D’s onerously expensive licensing terms or continuing to spend money on lawyers. Kind of hilariously they use a lawyer for this based out of a building in downtown Minneapolis you can see from both our current & new locations, despite Nickels & Dimes Incorporated (fitting name, eh?) being based out of Texas.
LITT’s pouring millions into our next space to create a true destination pinball experience, and that’s just a better use of our limited funds than fighting some legal trolls who feel like they own a four letter word.
Hope to see you all at the new spot this summer! Just had our first 80+ attendee monthly tournament, and looking forward to doubling that at the new place with your help.

Crazy and ridiculous! I’m on Litt’s side aka Tilt and it still will be to me as we have all the old merch and will continue to sport that rare and collector item merch around the area and world. Glad i bought a few hats!

1 week later
#19075 1 year ago

Dropping this here for my fellow locals.

#19078 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

I too need to see this beast. Bmanpin, you got pics?!

I’ll PM you! I can’t post pics on the thread for some reason.

#19080 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Can you post it in the for sale thread?

Good point I'll edit the ad now! Keep in mind it was all trees before. Pics seem far away but this is literally out my back door and whoever shows up to buy Star Wars will get a first hand look.

3 weeks later
#19237 11 months ago

One of our local joins LITT or TILT has them in between pins. They are basically mini drink tables. They seem pretty sturdy, but they might be custom-made. I’m not sure.

#19240 11 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

What kind crazy people drink while playing pinball?!

I play better takes the edge off. I still suck though sober or drunk.

#19250 11 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Price Drop - come get it!

Machine - For Sale

The Godfather (LE)

4% OFF!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Looking to sell or trade a HUO very low plays Godfather LE. This game is perfect in every way and sits at only 80 plays. Save some cash over new and don't look back. Playfield i...”

5 days ago

Minnetrista, MN
(14 mi)

Vitty

Dang! If I didn't already have one I'd be on this. Best deal yet.

1 week later
#19374 11 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I remember going there about five or six years ago. The playfields were dirty, some pins were not working correctly, scratches all over the glass, etc.
I was so turned off that I left earlier than planned and haven’t been back since.
Has it gotten any better for those who have been there in the last year?

I’ve been there a few times in the last year. For the most part it hasn’t changed games are pretty beat up. Glass is not clean, some games are in better shape than others of course. When I was playing Metallica, I broke a flipper rubber. Often times when I walk in, I have to turn on games myself.

Overall it’s ok but not pristine like LITT/Tilt.

#19394 11 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

I will just say this: games that are 40+ years old (and played hard) will always be in a constant state of needing repair and require constant maintenance. If you really want to compare apples to apples, you can’t just say “oh, this place has pristine machines… and this place doesn’t”. Do both places primarily have new games? Do both places have full-time techs? Do both places focus on pinball or is it just a side thing?
Everyone can choose where to go (or not go) based on their preferences… but armchair-quarterbacking locations and their decisions without an understanding of why they do what they do gets pretty tiresome, especially when a bunch of people are just there having fun. If a location isn’t fun for you… maybe play somewhere else.

10-4, Roger that. I totally understand. I think people were just referencing what was said in the media piece as to maybe not being totally correct.

2 months later
#19770 8 months ago

At the risk of sounding like a lunatic...
If you would like to sell your HUO or routed Bond 60th, please PM me. Maybe we can work something out.
Thanks.

These seem to be dropping like rocks in the marketplace right now. Good call waiting it out.

2 weeks later
#19869 8 months ago

Getting ready to list GZLE and Godfather LE. Anyone local want a stab at pickup and a better deal? All very low plays. Maybe a package deal? Not desperate just moving things around for upcoming pins. I will still donate.

PM me with interest.

#19873 8 months ago

I'm all ears!

#19887 7 months ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Looking into building a house and would like to design in a private pinball room with a 1' wide arch opening to the room. If I would like to fit 8 pinball machines and 1 Multicad any ideas on how big or how to lay it out.

Kind of like the old saying goes in the boating world. Buy your second boat first! Go big!

#19891 7 months ago
Quoted from brobra:

Does anyone know if there is pinball at the MN state fair this year?

Haven't been there yet. There was last year in the arcade just before or after the grandstand. Not sure what it's called but it's the one with all the old school photo booths in it. I won't be able to check until 9-1, sorry! I think it's on Dan Patch Ave just before the Sky Glider.

#19901 7 months ago
Quoted from Geezerp:

Litt’s usually the first to get anything new. They’ve got a pro and LE Venom coming but just playing the waiting game like the rest of us at this point.

Looks like they are getting a JP 30th this weekend but that's not really new for gameplay I guess. I'd like to see a PFLE on location somewhere! LTG joint perhaps?

Now who wants to buy my Godfather LE?

#19924 7 months ago

One last chance locally for anyone? You won't find a cheaper one in the marketplace at least not yet anyway...

#19929 7 months ago

More price drops...

1 week later
#19958 7 months ago

Price drops, really wanting to move these locally if possible.

#19981 7 months ago

Stagnation Nation! Another price drop and now I'm open to WI and MN trades, ok maybe SD and ND as well.

#19995 7 months ago

Alright guys and gals- Last price drops on these two then the ads get pulled on Monday and they get to live in the basement for a while longer.

#20018 6 months ago

Fork, yeah! It's about time, too! Woo-hoo! Let's see a fistful of those stored/missed pins back in action! Can't wait!

Great news! Says they will have over 40 pins as well!

3 weeks later
#20112 6 months ago
Quoted from beergut666:

New LITT space is great. Obviously less cramped than the old one. Parking will still be a challenge, especially once winter comes and parking in the surrounding neighborhood is basically halved. Techs were busy cleaning and checking games, always a welcome sight. Played Scooby, Godfather, and Venom for the first time. Oof. None of these games spoke to me in any way and I couldn't get away from Venom fast enough. Spent most of my time playing Embryon, Radical, and EBD. The bank of games with the screens above them was cool, maybe throwing their hat in the ring to host a major tournament at some point?. Lots of LE's including a Metallica MoP which is great to see on location. Overall, new venue is a welcomed expansion to their already successful concept. Bigger bar and tap list is a plus for those of us who enjoy an adult beverage while playing. Congrats to John Galvin and the LITT team!

I need to get there! Thanks for the review! It’s been too long. I bring the wife and purchasing gets easier the more she frequents the establishment.

#20122 5 months ago

Ok 2nd time around… hit me with it.

#20127 5 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Man, even Elwin can't prop up those LE's anymore! Stern shot themselves in the foot with the LE buying group. Great price on the game bman!

Thanks! I am sure I will fall victim to the next NIB if it’s a dream theme but Stern is in for a wake up call!

#20128 5 months ago

Sold in less than 2 hours! Thanks gang!

#20130 5 months ago

On the chopping block again, best deal on a Godfather LE

#20133 5 months ago

Local folks rock! Another one bites the dust!

3 weeks later
#20209 5 months ago

Went to Litt’s new space today in Minneapolis with the wife. Bought some merch. Bravo! Love the new setup! Bar is huge and games are plentiful. Dogs are still delightful. Even got to play GTF just because it’s hiding back by the bathrooms

#20211 5 months ago
Quoted from Whistles:

We were just there too and on that GTF! GTF always seems to have a lot of action there and we don't always get to play it. Others may be shocked to know one of the other three hiding back there is a bond 60!

Yes it was jumpin’ today! They are also hiding SW and Batman back there.

#20228 4 months ago

Best "mod" available in my opinion. No pin gets to enter my house without it.

1 week later
#20309 4 months ago
Quoted from evh347:

Looking forward to checking out NPC at some point. I loved checking out the new LITT location.
I can’t help but echo the others, I really wish we had a similar style location south of the cities. Something near the Apple Valley area would be awesome. You have to think that w/ all the development of businesses in that area, someone would find a great place to put up an awesome Barcade.
I just have no desire to be anywhere near the cities anymore w/ all the riff raff you have to worry about nowadays.

If you want to see what riffraff looks like visit Times Square in NYC. Just wrapped a trip there. Being a boy from the suburbs I get it but I do think Minneapolis is on the upswing and it’s not all that bad anymore but I guess that’s a matter of opinion. My wife and I are starting to visit downtown Minneapolis more and more and it seems to be making a recovery.

There is riffraff everywhere. Suburbs have it as well.

#20332 4 months ago

Well, you know what they say about Wisconsin. It is referred to as Minnesota’s Mexico.

Sorry boys just trying to lighten it up in here!

4 weeks later
#20450 3 months ago
Quoted from Keylime:

Jaws is looking pretty cool. Anyone "Biting" ?

I am. I bet Tilt gets a Pro followed by an LE. Should be a good earner on route. I'll have an LE in the house (hopefully late Feb) if anyone wants to journey out on Hwy 55 to give her a few rips.

#20453 3 months ago
Quoted from Keylime:

Congrats on the LE. It really looks like a fun game. I appreciate how the upper PF looks like it has a few exits. I like the concept of getting a chance to hit a shot and then being done with the area. Not having to figure out how to stay up there. If you hit it, great. If you don't, no big deal. Either way you're done and moving on. I also noticed in the trailer the LE cab has that cool color shift artwork. Is that standard on all LE's now? I saw it on Godzilla the last time I was at Litt. Forgot to look for it on Venom while I was there, though.

Ha! I keep calling it Tilt can’t quite get used to LITT. Yeah I think that shiny foil side art made its first appearance on GZLE and it appears it’s there with Jaws LE from what I can tell from the video.

#20456 3 months ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I wouldn't mind journeying out even with the long drive. Jaws has my attention but definitely want to try it out first.

Ha! You could almost walk up here. I'll let you know when it lands and you can swing in.

1 month later
#20566 71 days ago
Quoted from puristish:

Excited to stop in and play some new pins. Labyrinth is a lot of fun. And really excited to play PF.

I have to get back in there! Excited to see the new additions as well. Plus I need to pet Prada

1 week later
#20608 59 days ago

Wife and I have decided to go to TPF. It's my birthday present! Anyone else from the area going?

I've never been to any pinball event. Any ideas or advice on what to expect?

Staying on-site as well in Frisco, TX.

#20610 58 days ago
Quoted from precisionk:

TPF is great! Food is subpar at the hotel but surrounding area is full of options. There is a secret room or two(JJP usually owns one) usually in the hotel that is setup with the latest and greatest games that are dropping at the show. Keep an eye out on the TPF thread, someone usually gives some info regarding that.
National Video Game Museum is down in Frisco as well with transportation directly to it available at TPF. Deals aren't amazing but the pinball coverage is pretty good. Lots of drinking late night. Hutchins BBQ is decent which is in Frisco. As always, one game per player and remember the deodorant. The two golden rules IMO and sad that it bears even mentioning.
Late Saturday and Sunday are the best days to barter at say Titan Pinball for mats, rubber etc etc.

Perfect, appreciate the advice. Maybe I should bring deodorant to hand out...haha!

#20613 58 days ago

Looks like LITT has Jaws LE…lucky bastards (in a good way) got one. Bet I don’t get one anytime soon since they are off the line now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bmanpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=bmanpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.