1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18622 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Does anyone have a Star Wars Comic Premium they're looking to sell?

Might be outside of your range but a friend of mine has one listed and he's near Detroit Lakes, MN.

Game was immaculate last time I played it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/139242

1 month later
#18872 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

The way Jonah explained it, someone owns the rights to the word “Tilt” when used in any sort of gaming or amusements setting. Full Tilt Tavern is probably getting the same treatment, just in a different timeline. It doesn’t sound like it’s something personal, just ridiculous laws around people being able to own words and flexing on anybody trying to make money with them.

Interesting. I always assumed it was coming from the company that owns Tilt Studios and similar arcades.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilt_(arcade)

3 weeks later
#19043 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone know where I can find a big Lebowski to play in the twin cities? Here for work for the next couple days and want to put some time on one.

Tilt still has one I believe. It hasn’t been at the main location the last couple times I’ve visited but it’s a slim possibility they have it out at one of their route locations (Morts, Sisyphus, others?).

3 weeks later
#19195 12 months ago

WTB a Stern Electronics spinner. My Meteor one finally broke today and I'm not sure if its repairable.

#19197 12 months ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

I swear I see these on Pinball Resource all the time. All the old Sterns used the same one, with varying colors

Currently listed as out-of-stock but I sent in a hail mary email. Would be awesome to find a NOS part regardless of condition.

If anybody has one laying around I'd love to take it off your hands. Or if anybody has experience repairing something like this I would be in your debt for any insight and information that could be provided.

2 weeks later
#19361 11 months ago

Have a players Meteor with the 2021 code on a switch.

Considering a trade for another Stern Electronics / Bally game if anyone has something taking up space or that they are bored with.

#19376 11 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Often times when I walk in, I have to turn on games myself.

FWIW... its always been like this every time i've gone. I don't think they have somebody that comes in and turns everything on in the morning.

The rest of the assessments are accurate. Great lineup of games on paper. Excellent variety for a tournament. But the condition of the games is disappointing.

1 month later
#19659 9 months ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Also look into Pindigo for your tracking high scores. It’s a fun app and has some social aspects I don’t really use. If only my Stern scores auto populated it would be perfect. Sadly Stern has their platform locked down tight. They really need to implement an API so things like this can be supported.

Pindigo is great for keeping a log of scores but man it always sucks to spend time uploading photos and inputting scores after traveling to a place with a bunch of games I haven't played. First world problems indeed.

Scorebit also has some potential if you play JJP games but it seems like the platform has stagnated a bit since IC came out.

#19662 9 months ago
Quoted from Zambonilli:

JJP dropped scorbit support in thire latest firmware and said they are working on their own connected functionality.

Not surprising. Seems like its just something that the company making the games can do better.

Quoted from mackey256:

I like to use Pindigo as a Pokedex to track what games I've played. Gotta Flip 'Em All!

Exactly the way I use it too. High scores on games and anything new I encounter in the wild gets a pic uploaded.

4 weeks later
#19830 8 months ago
Quoted from MasterOnion5:

Sorry I’m a noob. I don’t see wanting to get rid of my Godzilla, like ever.

Give it time - everything gets old/boring eventually.

1 month later
#20030 7 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Did you purposely hide your Thunderbirds in the corner because you’re embarrassed to have it?
In all seriousness, very nice place.

Its such a terrible game. Being shamed to the corner is definitely appropriate.

The lineup at Drekker is definitely destination worthy. The only thing needed is connecting all the Insider Connected machines to the wifi there. Couple games still aren't online yet.

#20039 6 months ago

They both stink. But its rare to see two in one location so I appreciate it for that - even if I never play them at this point.

2 months later
#20422 4 months ago

I always try to stop by to play Lloyds Pirates whenever I could but it’s been a bit since Ive been that way.

Is that one gone/on the chopping block?

#20425 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

jjp Pirates was traded for the jjp Godfather CE.
For me it comes down to the cash box and it was mediocre at best. Might be a great game, rare, etc. etc. But I can't be passionate about it.
LTG : )

No worries. It is a truly great and rare game. But your reasoning is sound.

3 months later
#20702 13 days ago

Does anybody know of a Twin Cities based op/distro that rents pins/arcade games for events?

I have a client doing an event in June at the MCC and wants to get some games on site. Not sure on the actual number of games yet but i'm assuming some modern sterns and bally williams games would be ideal. Maybe a Big Buck Hunter, Golden Tee and some of the new shooters (raw thrills, etc) too.

Appreciated any info. Thanks!

#20704 13 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Facebook - Twin Cities page. Check with Ben Granger.
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd!

Been off FB for several years now. Do you have any direct contact information. Feel free to PM me if so.

#20708 12 days ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

I do rentals for weekend events.

Thanks. Not sure on the dates yet but this would likely be mid-week because its a business conference. The client is definitely looking for a white-glove service that could deliver, setup, strike and load out the games with minimal involvement outside of "hey, we are looking to get the games setup over there."

Feel free to send me contact info and I'll try to forward the information along.

#20715 8 days ago
Quoted from Keylime:

I PM'd you Ben Granger's and Steve Anderson's phone numbers. Both are highly recommended. Have fun at your event!

Thanks. Appreciate everyone that sent me suggestions/contact info. I’ve forwarded everything on to the client so hopefully they’ll be reaching out as we get closer to finalizing the details event.

Unfortunately I won’t be the one having fun at the event. But hopefully I can get some games in during the off-hours of the event if Im on site.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider anathematize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=anathematize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.