1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tallon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4347 9 years ago

Just poking my head in. Old to the hobby and new to the ownership.

#4349 9 years ago

Getting that feeling. I see I have a few members in my area. Nice to have other people around who share an interest in what your doing.

#4390 9 years ago

Its 2 hour almost exactly to the north side of Mad Town (Madison) from Wausau proper. I would plan on ATLEAST an hour for traffic and BS. It is Saturday after all.

#4392 9 years ago

Worked in Dayton last summer and came home twice. I also have a buddy that flies for American out of O'hare. DO NOT GO THRU CHICAGO!! You can add 3 hours instantly! Best way in is 70 to 74 in Indy and stay south of the loop (ignore TOM TOM or whatever) 74 to 39 Bloomington normal. 39 all the way to Wausau. All highway 1 tollbooth and just those 2 crappy stretches for construction. The one before Indy and the 739 miles of one lane in ILL-ANOYED. Sorry all you F.I.B.S. but come on both sides single lane for 130 miles REALLY????????? you spent more in cones to close traffic then to just pay the overtime to get it done!

Anyway plan on 10 1/2 hours on a weekday starting at 5-6 am. According to google you only add 45 min going my way instead of the "Shortest" but trust me....its like 4 hours.

#4396 9 years ago

WOAH WOAH WOAH......I'm on the way from Detroit to St. Paul. No one offered a hookup.

#4398 9 years ago

lol next trip over.

2 weeks later
#4457 9 years ago
Quoted from DudeMcAwesome:

I just got word from my company...I am being transferred to the Twin Cities effective starting in August. I am extremely excited, I've lived in the cities before and have family and friends who live there. The pinball scene is much bigger there than here in Indianapolis where I live currently. Cannot wait to join the community and culture in the Cities on a permanent basis.
Cheers.

Bring the pinball machines with you, you can always buy a new bed or whatever you have to throw out to make room

1 week later
#4536 9 years ago
Quoted from elross66:

Has anyone looked at the Black Rose table that keeps showing up in Mpls Craiglist? I thinking about going to look at it.

If its the one with for sale with the Harley Davidson machine, I'm a bit curious about it too. Take good pics when you pick it up

1 week later
#4613 9 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I'm convinced there's just 1 HS out there in project form that just goes from house to house to house and never gets finished.

Let me know when its rolling thru Wausau, I'll throw $100 at it and send it over to Rustylizard's house

#4636 9 years ago

PARTY AT LORDLOSS HOUSE. JUST SHOW UP HE KNOWS YOUR COMMING!!!!!!

#4654 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

IMG_20140607_132822:nopm:.jpg 181 KB

You can just keep driving right up to Wausau with if you want. I have room to "store" it for you.

#4722 9 years ago

Who has SS boards that need work? Kind of getting into doing boards since I got my new (E-bay) solder station. If you guys have some boards you replaced and want to see if the old ones can be salvaged, I'm willing to take a look. Please nothing that's irreplaceable, not that good yet Pinball 7 070.JPGPinball 7 070.JPG

P.S. willing to take known broken boards just to practice

#4744 9 years ago
Quoted from onceler:

Would Illinoisans be invited as well?

Insert FIB joke here

1 week later
#4795 9 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Still, it cost me nothing!

I want a free pinball seriously, gratz on the score.

#4841 9 years ago

Hey, didn't someone over there just get a free machine. You guys owe us one

1 week later
#4884 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Typical deal from that guy. Nice clean game, couple hundred under market. I bought it because of theme and it turned out to be a keeper. I like shooting for score more than modes and it's a great game for that plus with the possibility of new code coming out I can't see getting rid of it. If I die, talk to my wife. She will give you quite a deal I'm sure. Probably free if you finish the trim in the kitchen.

(Packing the car with his tools, 25 minutes to the house, 12 minutes to kill and hide body, 2 days to get trim done) is it just the NGG or will she let me take all the non DMD machines?

#4888 9 years ago

Jesus crust dude. I'll bring the chop box and the pinner next time. Like 8 seconds

2 weeks later
#4962 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Now let's get to 5000.

Today or just in general because I have time!

1 week later
#5119 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Done with beers. Down to the serious playing.

Yep and he kicked my ass. I am not the Centaur champ today but I'm willing to keep throwing down.

#5127 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Eh, that doesn't really tell us about the condition of the playfield though, all that is repairable and not all that expensive really. If the playfield was mint, 900 bucks...would be a tough decision. You can get 3k or more for a really nice SoF.

Yeah, so your figuring that the person who let a pinball get targets knocked completely out and has one dangling below the PF and shattered the trans light glass took such good care if the machine that it's worth $900? Your seriously trying to tell me that's what your thinking?

I understand wanting a game, trust me. I probable paid too much for my D&D but I knew that going in. I would guess that the machine is about 10 minute from a dumpster

#5129 9 years ago

Holy crap, that sounded bitchy Matt, sorry. Guess I'm still wound up from the copyright lawyers in the other thread today. It's just sounds blown out ans I guess rustylizard just confirmed

2 weeks later
#5271 9 years ago

Would it help if they just put dollar takers on the machines and refit the old coin doors with dollar takers too? Hell, I saw a buck hunter shooting game that was hooked up to the internet for high scores across the country that had a credit card swiped on it instead of taking any kind of money at all

3 months later
#5903 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

dibs on the extra Bad Cats

Woah, what wait.....we can call dibs. HOLY CRAP I have been doing it wrong. I was saving money and paying cash.

#5905 9 years ago

Lol, Russ already beat you to that one. Think we have a side bet on it being playable before the next time he plays it in league.

4 weeks later
#6118 9 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

So it appears that my girlfriend is sneaky as well as wonderful. Some of you knew of her plans of buying me a table before I did.
In no particular order, thanks to the four of you that I know she's contacted regarding tables over the past few months. LTG, jonogo, Policano, and MN-Flipper. My constant babbling about tables even when I assume I'm boring her to tears pays dividends.
A trip to Chicago yesterday was taken under some serious false pretenses. But not only did I more or less accidentally get to play a Big Lebowski table at the Pinball Life warehouse, this now sits in my living room.

She's the damn best.

Dear Santa,
I know I have been bad but if you could send me a GF like this I'm sure she will be able help straighten me out. I will do my best to be the bestest I can from now on.

Scott

P.S. I like red ones

#6125 9 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

She has a sister....
(Who thought she was being insane.)

So your selling the sister? If I take the sister I get the TSSP? What are we talking here?

1 month later
#6408 9 years ago

Starting my hunt for a BOP. Anyone have one they are willing to part with, please let me know.

3 weeks later
#6492 9 years ago

Come on guys. eBay says its 18000. "He know what it's worth" now pay him

1 month later
#6883 8 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Very cool score! One of our league members has a D&G and I play it more than any of the other pins. It's got unique game play with the outer lane ball return actuators.

YES, yes it does

2 months later
#7193 8 years ago

You could bring that BOP to me Paul, then head to Racine.

3 weeks later
#7275 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

If you ever get.to central WI we can arrange for that.

How about some pics for those of us who fell asleep and missed everything

1 year later
#9430 7 years ago

Hey guys. I'm having space issues again and have decided BSD is the one I play the least right now. Nice shape good color on the cab. No credit dot. Mist ball works great. First 2650 takes it

#9433 7 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Hey guys. I'm having space issues again and have decided BSD is the one I play the least right now. Nice shape good color on the cab. No credit dot. Mist ball works great. First 2650 takes it

BSD is tenatively sold pending pickup. Thanks for all the interest

1 year later
#11055 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Ditto. Friends talked me into staying and I am glad I did.

Real men sleep in their own beds Tom! Seriously, we took of just after 6 and I pulled in at 11:23. It was sketchy about an hour or so from the house. Was driving 45-50 for a while and it was all packed snow and ice. No road showing.

1 year later
#12615 4 years ago

Making regular trips to the MN if anyone there is interested I can deliver.

1 week later
#12670 4 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I'm looking to trade my Iron Maiden Pro for a Deadpool Pro in the Wisconsin area. I got my IM through the MGC deal last year.

Anyone in the MN interested in this, I make regular trips to mn and would be willing to do some driving. Eric is a good guy.

3 months later
#13052 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Off the wall question, anyone going from the Milwaukee area to either LaCrosse or Rochester?
I have a fragile item that I don’t want to ship. Any truck or mini van would work just fine.
I’ve got a case of Busch Lattes and some Benjamins for your efforts.
Thanks.

How fast?

3 weeks later
#13114 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pinball Expo week. Who's all going ?
I'll roll in on Thursday and leave Sunday morning.
35th Anniversary Expo. Might be my last one. I wanted to be sure I made this one.
LTG : )

Not funny LTG. planning on you being here forever. Can fix this stuff without help

2 months later
#13411 4 years ago

Yes and the jury is still out. I enjoyed it but kind of feels like a golf coarse. Everything seems like it’s all the way up the playfield. Needs more code as of now. Will try it again latet

1 month later
#13537 4 years ago

Oh and dont think that count is a second off

1 month later
2 weeks later
#13787 4 years ago

Sold one locally last weekend and it was up for a week or so. Thought it was a fair price but pinside said I was high. Got full asking price and new owner is happy. Guess it’s the 1000-3000 games that are appealing right now.

1 week later
#13837 3 years ago

Listed a Jungle Lord here locally if someone was interested let me know. Ill put a listing here in a day or 2 if it doesn't sell asap. Throwing it out there incase someone is looking.

4 months later
#14570 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey Everyone,
So we have sold our house and will be leaving WI for MO...............
I posted some pics over on the Wisconsin site of the basement during tear down.
Thanks for always entertaining me on here.
Stay safe out there everyone.
https://www.wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2259

Wtf??

#14590 3 years ago
Quoted from zenbone:

I will be in this thread a lot more soon, selling our house in Clearwater FL and moving up to Appleton WI. We are coming up for the final house hunt/make offer trip 9/10. bringing all our machines up with us to build out a basement pinball bar room.

Welcome. Good pinball in the appleton area.

2 weeks later
#14632 3 years ago

anyone have a spare system 11 coindoor?

2 months later
#14987 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

JJP Guns & Roses LE in the van. Into SS Billiards shortly.

Congratulations Lloyd

#15059 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Congrats on the pickup. I'm open to any worthwhile/fun title - excluding EMs - priced fairly. I do frequently post Wanted ads for the games that interest me most, but that doesn't mean I have zero interest in the rest of the large catalog of fun games. Just less. Your pinhunting benefits from a larger network, I'm assuming. Things come your way now and then, a fringe benefit of being in the hobby for so long. Nothing comes my way. I have to dig and dig.

Nope. This pick up is from a cold call to an operator and an 11 hour round trip. I’m not sure what you expecting but if your looking for a “deal”, then your gonna have to dig. If you can’t seem to find deals, try trading you HUO to an operator for some old stuff next time. Get a game or two for what you have and maybe make a couple of those contacts. You gotta think outside the box if you really want to build a collection. Otherwise you can expect to take the loss on a sale and keep buying new 8n box and chalk the loss up to what you would have paid to play on location.

1 week later
#15211 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

It's already installed, just not local.

I'll throw an opinion in. Have a friend I who got a really nice Gorgar but didn't want to spend the money to have it cleared. We installed a playfield protector (pretty much a hard top) and it looked and played really nice. The problem with it like everyone said is it doesn't feel right. The ball acts a little off.

If your someone who can tell the difference between Bally linear flippers and the older link and plunger flippers you probably gonna hate it. Every game has a feel and a hardtop can kill that feel.

4 weeks later
#15490 3 years ago

Just a heads up guys. Wrestlemania is now down at District 1 in Stevens Point. We are working on getting more going on in the area. Stay tuned

#15520 3 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone!

2 weeks later
#15617 3 years ago
Quoted from BobA11:

I am new to collecting and I am wondering if there are any pinball techs who can do repairs in the Wausau and Central WI areas.

Yes. Russ and I both work on machines. Kind of depends on what you need and what era machine we are talking about

#15635 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Today at noon, January 11th. Marks the start of a new season of pinball and pool at SS Billiards.
Restrictions in place. At least I can be open and have a fighting chance again.
617 days until the 50th Anniversary Party.

Good luck LTG. I’m sure the Wisconsin crew will be stopping in to make sure your games all get some use

#15643 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

And honestly it's a bit of an excuse to look for a Comic Premium if I do ever decide to get another one.

Called it. Someone owes me money!

2 weeks later
#15703 3 years ago

It’s either a Simpson’s or a time travel.

#15704 3 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

It’s either a Simpson’s or a time travel.

Either way, novus is going to be your next to last step. The playfield (if your just cleaning and not doing a touch up restore) will need to be “stripped” and cleaned then polished (novus) and finally protected (wax). Even though novus is a cleaning product, depending on what you have going on is what will dictate what needs to be done.

#15715 3 years ago

District 1 in stevens point has Monster Bash now

3 weeks later
1 month later
#16036 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Police shot a 20 year old. While some are inclined first to create "context" and justify why it happened, others wonder why having an air freshener hanging from your rear view mirror or a fake $20 are death sentences handed down by an entity who has "sworn to serve and protect."
The second part wasn't on the news, but will result in potential violence from one side and potential rioting on the other, and history repeats itself, hence, be aware/careful.

"Police shot a 20 year old" was all that was need to be said to inform people of the problem.

#16057 2 years ago

Nope. Like was pointed out. Everyone is heated. No need to add to it here

#16058 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I'll make sure to check with you before I post in the future. I was thinking about selling a game, I'll send you the pics and you can succinctly point out the language, information, and pictures I should provide to potential buyers according to satisfy your specific needs.

Nope. There was more I typed but instead of writing a paragraph injecting my views I thought better of it and just pointed out the statement wasn’t needed. Too much drama already

2 weeks later
#16089 2 years ago

Getting tournaments started at District 1 Brewery in Stevens Point, WI. Come on down and have some fun. Coin-drop only for this one and winner gets a 4 pack courtesy of the brewery.

https://fb.me/e/2b8tMRKsN

1 week later
#16098 2 years ago

Second tournament finished up last night at District 1 Brewery in Stevens Point last night. Wanna thank the Green Bay crew for coming over and hanging out. Was a good time and happy to send a 4 pack home with Brock Mallmann for the win. We will post details for our next event when we get it arranged.

1 week later
#16147 2 years ago

Hey everyone,

We are getting ready to run our 3rd event at District 1 Brewery in Stevens Point, WI on May 26th. No entry fee, coin-drop only. The brewery has been kind enough to donate a 4 pack of their house brew to our first place finisher (Soda for the kids) so come on down and have a beer or 2 and play some pinball. We are planning on having another game for this tournament, come see what it is

https://www.facebook.com/events/4811430 ... f=newsfeed

#16176 2 years ago
Quoted from feelin_crumby:

What are some favorite spots for location play in WI, MN, IL? We have some decent options in Madison, but I'm itching to do some exploring post-pandemic. Went to District 82 (De Pere, WI) a few weeks ago, which was pretty fantastic. I'm a little too new to this obsession to know people with crazy pinball pirate basements.

We have a few games on location in stevens point at District 1 brewery. Catch rustylizard or me down there and we will buy you a game or 2

1 week later
#16211 2 years ago

Reminder for that we are holding our coin drop tournament at District 1 Brewery in Stevens Point tomorrow. Signup at 5:30 and should be starting around 6

3 weeks later
#16343 2 years ago

Just a heads up for everyone. Rustylizard was nice enough to secure a Mandalorian for District 1 Brewery in Stevens Point. It’s on location and ready to play. It will also be in the tournament on this Wednesday and will be unavailable for play during that time.

Come down Wednesday and join us for coin drop match play starting at 6

#16345 2 years ago

Tournament at District 1 Brewery in Stevens Point tonight. Coin drop no entry fee, just tip your bartender and drink beer.

Oh yeah, we have Mandalorian

1 month later
#16577 2 years ago

Just a heads up. D1 in Stevens Point is having a tournament tomorrow 8-11-21 celebrating the release of our Wedge Head beer. Every legal player at the tournament will receive a can to take home and enjoy. No entry fee, coin drop only.

1 week later
#16695 2 years ago
Quoted from cvoissem:

Is there anyone within 2hrs of Appleton that can evaluate and/or quote repair on a cracked playfield? Machine was damaged during transit and insurance wants a 2nd opinion on repair VS replace. I will may for your time.

Would be faster to drop a link to Dropbox or something to let some of us take a look. Pretty sure you can get a quote from someone here on letterhead for the insurance

#16722 2 years ago
Quoted from cvoissem:

Tallon KingPinGames or anyone else who can help: Link below to OneDrive folder of photos showing my machine as it was delivered:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhAUyuGTzHRpmiIOzyLNpL6DoShe?e=Bvt3ah
For context: most of the cabinet panels were detached from each other, the left side was bent inward near the backbox hinge, and the front right corner was completely trashed. I don’t know exactly what happened en route but the carrier accepted responsibility.
The playfield was wedged into the bottom of the cabinet, free of its mounts. The front right corner of the playfield was partially supporting the machine weight, via glass and flipper buttons. The back of the playfield was laying on under-side components. I needed help from a 2nd person to free everything.
The cabinet and backbox have been repaired - now dealing with playfield options. The machine plays, but it’s impossible to level / pitch the surface evenly. Pronounced bend and cracking in the front right corner, and bend along left side, make me worry it will get worse over time.
So - what is cost to repair VS replace and which would you recommend? I know labor is most of the cost and replacement will take much more time. But practically-speaking, can the playfield be flattened and repaired to stay that way? Or is a new playfield my only option?
Thanks for any help!

An Addams Family would be more in the Brian Kelly quote realm. If you cant get one of the restorers to help, PM me

2 weeks later
#16749 2 years ago

District 1 Brewery is hosting the coin drop tournament tomorrow. Come join us for casual tournament play.

https://fb.me/e/ECay4s6w

1 week later
#16830 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Always thought that was a kit game.

And you would be right

#16834 2 years ago
Quoted from thetylander:

Interesting forum! It seems to cover many topics. My profile location may (or may not) say Gulf Breeze Florida but we live in Elk Mound Wisconsin. Every time I change it, the thing reverts back, maybe because that address was verified by pinside years ago and our current one isn’t? Doesn’t matter.
Anyway, this seems to be the place where I should ask the tough questions, connect with those regular pinball posters on Craigslist and read or share our miscellaneous ramblings.
Does anyone know who bough the Kings of Steel last week and the South Park yesterday? Whoever you are, you move fast! Granted, both are meh games according to popular opinion, but I like them!
South Park was only up for a few hours, but Brobra had his Black Knight on Craigslist for almost a month… the world is messed up!
Here’s the tough one. I am looking for a Black Rose, any condition. (Why do I like the less popular games?) if anyone can find one for a decent price it would be much appreciated.
Lastly, just a rambling. I have recently gotten back into owning pinball machines after a four year absence. We sold off when my stepmom died so we could do a one truck move back to Wisconsin to take care of my father. After he passed in 2020, pinball and old British cars came back into my life and helped keep me going. There’s nothing like a government enforced lockdown and a funeral to make you happy to be alive.
I’m still practicing my Minnesota sarcasm, I may have grown up in St. Paul but I’m a bit rusty. All those years of learning southern hospitality and courtesy are the exact opposite of Minnesota nice.
I’ll finish with one of my grandma’s jokes, a huge purple fan:
I saw a kid throwing a football at a brick wall the other day, it kept bouncing off and he would run over 20 feet leap on it and curl into a ball. Then he’d get up, then throw it and do the same thing over and over again. I found out later that he was the new Vikings Quarterback!

Welcome back

#16838 2 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/events/282044357078381/permalink/282044367078380/

District 1 Brewery in Stevens Point will be hosting our last tournament til mid November. Come down and enjoy a drink and play some pinball

#16840 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how many districts are we going to have? 9?

Lol. We didn’t name the brewery, we just supply the games

#16844 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

For those of us not on Facebook, what is the date and time of the tournament?

Call it 6 ish. Like pretty much every event, we try to start on time but it never happens

#16862 2 years ago

Running our last tournament until after MGC at District 1 Brewery tonight Starting at 6 or just after if we know your gonna be a few minutes late Dave from Escape room is still having his raffle for a Stranger Things or $6000 credit from KingPin toward a new game of your choosing. $20 per ticket or 3 for $50. Drawing will be held at MGC and winner will be notified.

#16865 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Where can I get more information about the Stranger Things raffle?

I can grab you a pack for the money I owe you if you want

1 week later
#16956 2 years ago

Usually closed to the public if there is an event going on.

On Fridays and Saturdays, it’s open play but some of the people setup impromptu tournaments or sometime Erik will host a side tournament for people who want to participate. Definitely not required and kind of an introduction to how the competitive play works.

I would recommend going over. Always a lot of fun

#17013 2 years ago

Is it in WI or MN?

#17016 2 years ago

That’s why I’m asking. Seems odd to post it here

3 weeks later
#17114 2 years ago

It’s that time again. District 1 Brewery in Stevens Point is hosting our Wednesday tournament again. Back by popular demand (or at least a couple people asking when), we will be running a seven round matchplay tournament starting at 6ish and should finish up around 9:30 or so. As usual, the brewery is kicking in a 4 pack to the winner. Entry is free, coin drop only.

#17122 2 years ago
Quoted from Jethrodog:

Hey y'all! Had a blast the last two Wednesday night tournaments at District 1 in Point. I see it's coming back tomorrow, so hoping to make it down! I don't have much of an online presence and search Pinside mostly for tech info on old Williams, but I have popped on here from time to time. Neat thread!

talk to me (Scott) or Russ tomorrow. We can hold things up a bit if your on your way or sub a player for the first round if you gonna make it. just let us know

1 month later
#17299 2 years ago

Regional Pinheads: How Are You Weathering the Pinball Market?
Just wondering what those of you here who haven't got bottomless pockets are doing that is helping you keep your spirits up.
It seems more and more I am complaining to my various friends about being priced out of the hobby. I used to be excited because there were always real possibilities around every corner. Now HUO games are bringing 20-40% more than they did just two years ago and NIB pins are backordered for months/years. I s'pose you're fine if you have a collection and you want to rotate one out. You sell your pin for a fortune and then spend that fortune to get another. Easy. But if you have a habit of taking a bath on the pins you sell (as I have), how can you possibly buy another pin with the proceeds?
To tide me over, I bought a "project" pin - my first. It's a WMS System-7 from '81. Yeah, it's OLD. I had it shipped here. It was misrepresented a bit, but when you describe a sale pin as a "project," you sort of indemnify yourself to the buyer. As in, well, what did you expect?! It's a project! So yeah, I have a lot of work in front of me before I can even plug it in. (Sent the boards off for rehab'ing today; six weeks turnaround.) I recently shopped a TZ and that was a serious grind. I said I wouldn't do it again, so I bought a Spooky pin afterward. That game disappointed in various ways, too, and I find myself yearning for a Stern again. But can I buy a NIB? Yes and no. Yes if I want to spend $7K for a PRO and get on a list and wait six months, but who wants to do that? I root around for new distributors and ask them for inventory lists, hoping to find a fresh source of worthwhile games. Right now I'm finding Beatles, STh, Beatles, Mando, Beatles, LZ, and Turtles. I will keep looking! And I will keep resurrecting this '81 System-7!

There is no miss representing a “project pin”. Due diligence would have told you to ask more questions or have someone who knows that machine take a look if you were unsure. We all spend too much time and money on this hobby. The trick is to understand that a 40 year old machine might just be a good “players” game and getting it up and running on the cheap might be what that game needs.

Since I do my own board work and find the old bally and Williams system 3-7 board set to be pretty easy to work on, I have no problem getting them up and running. Usually in just a day or two. You might want to take some time and read the bullet proofing threads on pinside and the pinwiki on board repair if you gonna keep spending money on “projects”.

There is no shortage of projects, just grab them when they come along. Hunting for something now with the prices as high as they are Is not a good idea. In times like this either be happy with your collection and play more then you fix or work on the backlog of stuff you have sitting.

On a side note. What’s a good price on a good working cyclone with full board rebuild, LED’s, new rubber, and display reworked. Has some paint missing in the upper arch has the typical system 11 yellowing. Plays pretty good but definitely a players game.

#17302 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

My sentiment is to buy them, enjoy the heck out of them, and don’t fret losing 10% on occasion. If you play and enjoy them the cost per game is actually super low if you end up losing money.

Or better yet, stop listening to a certain now silent podcaster and just buy games you like. Stop buying just to get the newest or speculating on profit later. The term investment should never be used with pinball in my opinion. Ruins the fun

3 weeks later
#17358 2 years ago

Boy. If only we could post pics then y’all could see Rush pinball has landed at District 1 Brewery in Stevens Point

2 weeks later
#17450 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

Anyone local have a broken system 11A board I can use as a reference? Would trade for a new board once that product goes into production.

I have a few system 11 boards on the junk pile. would a junk acid damaged one work? of coarse with a few parts stolen here and there?

4 months later
#17867 1 year ago

Posted a DE JP on Facebook last night. Finishing it up as we speak. Players game, has topper. Will post ad here with fresh pics later this weekend. $3800

2 months later
#18203 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Machine - Wanted

Wanted: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Pro)

New ad!

Wanted! “Looking for a TMNT pro within a couple hour driving distance of Eau Claire, WI. Let me know! (bonus points for Insider Connected).”

2 hours ago

Eau Claire, WI

WildRover

Wanted

calm young padawan, i got you

2 months later
3 months later
#18795 1 year ago

Have a Data East Jurassic Park I'm finishing up today. Has a grocery list of new parts. New translite and glass, reproduction topper, new ramp, new plastics, new up/down motor linkage and sprocket, new left/right motor and gearbox, new coin door harness. Boards gone thru. power supply rebuilt. Comet LED thruout. Cabinet cleaned, repaired, and touched up (had holes for security bar). MGC delivery can be arranged.

Machine - For Sale
Jurassic Park Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Data East Jurassic Park. Has a grocery list of new parts. New translite and glass, reproduction topper, new ramp, new plastics, new up/down motor linkage and sprocket, new left/rig...”
2023-03-02
Schofield, WI
4,200 (OBO)
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 182 times

4 weeks later
#19004 12 months ago
Quoted from mackey256:

I have a set of BrightButtons Classic RGB buttons free to a good home if anyone is interested. I'll also be at MGC on Saturday and can bring them along to make the hand off easier.
http://www.britemods.com/britebuttons--classic-rgb.html
Thanks

I could use them. I’ll pm you

1 month later
#19311 10 months ago

Be nice you two. Take everyone at face value til they prove otherwise. Welcome Chumples

#19356 10 months ago
Quoted from Chumples:

Dakine747
Thank you for reminding me. I have heard many great things about District 82, minus the hours. I will definately have to make a stop out there.

Well hell, if you guys are gonna keep telling him to road trip, District 1 Brewery in Stevens Point has 13 games on location by a few of us here in the thread. Lumberjack Jonnys and Player 2 Arcade in Green Bay both have good lineups and are also run by some of the local guys.

2 weeks later
#19497 9 months ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I have a little experience with Promasters and those things were piles of crap especially if you have drivers that are a little rough on them.

Easy killer. I resemble that comment

2 months later
#19870 7 months ago

Have a Stranger Things I just finished going thru if anyone is interested.

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Stranger Things Pro with Stern UV kit and insider Connect. Received in trade. Did a full topside tear down and cleaning. New flipper bushings as both were cracked. New rubbers. Com...”
2023-08-22
Schofield, WI
8,550 (OBO)
Archived after: 8 days
Viewed: 313 times

#19886 7 months ago
Quoted from MNPinner:

Looking into building a house and would like to design in a private pinball room with a 1' wide arch opening to the room. If I would like to fit 8 pinball machines and 1 Multicad any ideas on how big or how to lay it out.

If you like every other pinball guy, 30,000 square feet and you will be out of room in a week

#19888 7 months ago

Figuring 3’ per machine (room for head) and room to actually play (9’) plus the multi Cade, 30x10 if you running down one wall. My basement is set up like that and works good til I have to squeeze another game in. My room is about 36’ x 13’ and it can feel a little cramped if you get more than 10 people in here. If your gonna run games on both side of the room and want to do like long narrow tables in between the games or a chair rail with a shelf around the edge I would be looking in the 20x20. Have to figure people into the equation.

2 weeks later
#19952 6 months ago

Just finished up a Pinbot. Will get a listing up tomorrow. Solid player game. Listed on Facebook for $3500 obo

#19954 6 months ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Just finished up a Pinbot. Will get a listing up tomorrow. Solid player game. Listed on Facebook for $3500 obo

Pending pickup. Donation to pinside coming

3 weeks later
#20045 6 months ago
Quoted from madtown:

Wondering if anyone near madison sells anti reflective glass, invisiglass/vodoo ect. Might be interested in buying some. Or if anybody is looking to sell theirs, dm me please!

Check with Chris at Kingpin.

1 month later
#20163 4 months ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

As for local distributors, you are stuck with me for being the closest.
www.KingPinGames.net
[email protected] is good way to get in touch too.
Here's my cell if you want to go that route.
608-393-2299 Christopher
Let me know how we can help you

Don't let Chris lie. You're not "stuck" with him, you're lucky to have him. He is a great guy and does a great job. He has always been very good to us and on more then one occasion, gone out of his way to get us a game. If you're looking for a game I would defiantly give him a call.

#20173 4 months ago

Anyone looking for a Mandalorian Topper I have one. Anyone interested let me know, I’ll probably put an ad up this weekend if no one gets ahold of me

#20203 4 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

No, they never sent me the Prize Package so unless it shows up sometime in the future, I guess we won't be having one for Venom.

We had to "Double Check" on our launch party stuff. Might wanna give them a call, things are a little off with the move and all.

2 weeks later
#20328 3 months ago
Quoted from Keylime:

Hey guys, how do I change my name on here to "Riff-Raff" ?

You just did. Congratulations!

#20337 3 months ago
Quoted from bane:

Wisconsin: where the cars are on blocks and the houses are on wheels

don't forget 40 acres of land with it and the $450 in taxes per year.

Oh, and its paid for

#20342 3 months ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

1947 called, they want their property tax values back.

lol, you just have to have the DNR flag 20-30 acres as nature reserve and have you neighbor sharecrop the other 10 acres so its zoned agricultural. Your left with a couple acres for the house next to forest or wetland that can't be developed but isn't really taxed and a crop field that hopefully pays that taxes on the rest. or so i've heard

#20347 3 months ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Your examples sound oddly specific.

Right?

3 weeks later
#20443 87 days ago

Happy New Year!

3 weeks later
#20521 64 days ago

Wanted: Dialed-In
Hoping to find this title within a couple of hours' driving distance of Minneapolis, but I leave the option open to drive even further out for the right deal. SE or LE, HUO or routed. Please PM if you're ready to move on from yours. Thanks.

What do you have to trade?

1 month later
#20651 11 days ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Yello. Is anyone doing Millwaukee/Chicago runs anymore? brobra Still doing his thang? Looking to pay someone to grab a game or two possibly brining them back closer to Eau Claire WI.

Thought you were taking a break?

#20653 11 days ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

No rule on how long or short a break needs to be.

Lol

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tallon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=Tallon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.