1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballKen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2158 10 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

You forgot to mention how you had to shake a can of pennies at me every time i got too excited playing Jolly Park.

HEAD FOR THE MEATPOLE!!

#2199 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

-ralphwiggum get it out now- price,

True dat!

1 week later
#2289 10 years ago

Late night there centerflank?

And Dave too.

#2295 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

http://www.pinballwarehouse.com/
Looks like Al just got in some pretty nice machines, MM, TOM, and a few others.

Nice price on that TAF.

#2312 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

CENTAURFLANK !!!!

That's funny shit!! Looks natural.

#2332 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

No Bug eyes but here it is .

Nice! I'm thinking I'll print that out and bring it to them at the next party.

2 weeks later
#2492 10 years ago

Nice job Russ and Jeremy! Looks terrific!

#2501 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Tony keep your eyes open this weekend you may bump into someone listed above!

Hilton?

#2502 10 years ago

Post edited by PinballKen : i learning to computer

#2503 10 years ago

And as far as the WI/MN relations go, the wife is a Vikings fan and I of course support the Pack. We have THE BEST bets when it comes to games. Just covering for the fact that I multi posted.

#2508 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I may only get to say this for a very short time "DA BEARS, 1st place NFC North"
Hey-O
p.s. I don't expect it to last long

Can we kick him out of the club?

#2510 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sure thing, but it is custom to give any exiting members a WCS as a parting gift.
Feel free to drop it off later today. I will have the burbon ready to rock.

Damn CEO's and their golden parachutes!

#2522 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Everyone is out at Fish Fry's

Everyone with normal schedules. Stuck at work on another Friday. But tomorrow is PINBALL!! Thanks Mark!

#2535 10 years ago

Congrats J! Maybe if we combine our collections we can host a league night.

2 weeks later
#2672 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Always proud of the Packers. Divisional games never taken for granted.

Agreed. As posted earlier, no matter how bad the Vikes do in a season they ALWAYS show up to play the Pack.

#2677 10 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Rogers better come out after this series. No point risking anything.

"Rodgers"...sigh

#2681 10 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Damn it. I'm still a Brett Farve fan.

Me too. The wife is a Vikings fan so I'm just glad to win "the bet" this time around.

#2717 10 years ago
Quoted from johnbuzzz:

I'm down in Racine. I have a Phoenix (played it when I was young so don't make fun of me), Williams IJ, SlugFest and Hot Shots. Currently dismantled is my Paragon and Monster Bash. Been about 5 years since I took the Monster Bash apart. Just have the wood tones to spray on the playfield then the last coat of clear. It's been at that stage for the last two years. Did I mention that I have a new 2 year old daughter? Past machines are Alvin G football, TZ, CP, JD, MM. Only one I really miss is the MM so I'm on the list for a MMLE. I'll hopefully get in the swing of putting the MB back together soon. Good to see this thread.

Welcome to the thread! Next time I'm in racine to visit my sister we'll have to play some pinball!

#2737 10 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

Yup... just ask her what game SHE would like. Then the floodgates will open.

Have to expose her to some games. Wife had no interest, then I took her to a couple of pin parties and now she has a list of what she wants.

2 weeks later
#2918 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hosted a real Rock & Roll pinball party.
Day off in MKE so we loaded up a couple busses and headed to the house. Everyone had a great time including the boss. Had a kick ass bubble hockey tourney as well.
chris

Pinball Party.JPG 2 MB

5-1[1].jpg 564 KB

That looks awesome! The neighbors had to be wondering who was in their neighborhood.

1 week later
#2967 10 years ago

I'm very thankful this holiday for all the WI & MN friends I've made this year. OK, so I've only really met Josh (jonogo) from MN in person, but look forward to meeting many more MN peeps in person (MGC BITCH!). Happy turkey day all! Eat well!

1 week later
#3014 10 years ago
Quoted from tenuto:

Hi everyone, brand new to the forum and to the hobby. I've been interested in pinball for as long as I can remember, and have just begun to look around for my first purchase. Looks like you all have quite the community here!

Welcome to our corner of Pinside. Tons of great people here!

#3075 10 years ago

Just in case anyone wants to try a Star Trek, there is one on the pin map in New Berlin. Lee's Cleveland Pub. Dropped $5 in and had some fun.

#3128 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

He is a super cool dude and has a nice collection.

+1

Quoted from ChrisS:

Not sure how accessible it is with all the machines he has slammed in there right now.

If memory serves he could put one over the ashes of Atlantis.

Congrats on the deal to both parties! Tim is going to have a completely new lineup by the time he hosts the Twisted Flipper league night. Except for WoF and IJ.

#3182 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Ahh yes, one of Ken's finer ideas. I still would have loved to watch that one play out.

Not my walls and stairs

#3200 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

If you want to get back on the "Nice List" you can give me your LOTR for a Christmas present.

Give you his sons birthday present? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Now that's funny!!!

#3210 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Amazing. I hope I make it your way before the breakshot makes its way down the road.
chris

By "his way" you mean the United States?

#3212 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Exactly. Home the 21st. Can't wait. Its frickin 85+ here and I hate it.
chris

Safe travels my friend! Get back here to the -5 temps!

#3235 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

we still have zero idea why he decided to rip that open and start eating the box.

He has to live up to the name "Brutus" once in a while.

#3237 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Well, he certainly lives up to his name "bruiser"

That's what I meant.

#3256 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Green Bay Lambeau Field first stop!

Nice! Have a good time buddy!

#3267 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

it is the only thing holding their shitty crayola paint onto the playfield.

HEHE! At least it's not Rose Art paint.

#3299 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Chris is the god

Fixed that for you.

#3303 10 years ago

You tempt me E! That is a super fun collection!

1 week later
#3372 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Sorry about that 49ers games.
Signed - 9ers fan

Too soon.

#3401 10 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

I've seen the postings for various parties or invites, but I'm not sure I'm keen on visiting strangers houses to play pinball.

HA! You just described my entire 2013. Except I loved it! Met epthegeek, whysnow, deaconblooze, ralphwiggum, centerflank, and many others just by accepting invites to hang at strangers' houses. They are strangers no longer but friends who I look forward to seeing on a regular basis.

If your just looking for games in the wild the Pinside Pinmap is GREAT! I've found and played many games in the last year that way. Monthly tourneys in Milwaukee are laid back and fun too. If you haven't already, make sure and visit http://www.wisconsinpinball.com/ Ralphwiggum set it up for us and it is growing all the time. Good luck.

EDIT: Looking at the Pinmap it seems you have a bunch of good games near you including MM, WOF, Transformers and more! Looks like Pepis has 6 machines!

#3407 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Having "A Good Time" at the Wuan-A-Bowl.

Can't believe it's almost been a year!! And the next one is right around the corner! No Josh H this year so you have a great chance of taking NUMBER 1!

#3413 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Do you mean SCS or WuanaBowl?

Was talking about Wauna. SCS is all mine!

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Who would have thought Ken could have so many great ideas fueled by barley and hops?

Hi, my name is Ken and I'm an alcoholic. And just to set the record straight, I didn't drink a single beer at Wauna. Went right to the hard stuff.

Party at Chris's house is going to be insane!

#3420 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Will I have a chance to win my $5 back at pinball after I donate it to the Chexx fund?

I haven't played bubble hockey in over 30 years. But I will gladly donate as well.

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

God, I am so looking forward to this day of pinball glory.

I think this is the first time I've heard Tim "sound" giddy.

#3427 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Rule Number 1 of Wauna, you don't talk about Wauna.

Damn! I've been sober so long I forgot. I think I'm like Bender from Futurama.

If I can overcome a work conflict and make it, Alec will be with me so it will be fair for all. So many great events in the next few months!

#3434 10 years ago

Congratulations on the child! You didn't get to see mine when I met you but we are BEST gaming and pinball buddies. It just takes a while.

#3459 10 years ago

Awesome buy Chris!! Instead of the front room, how bout putting taxi in the garage for us smokers

Was nice having TF out thre last time!

#3473 10 years ago

Speaking of Tully, not sure if I shared this one of THE MAN!!

TomGWI house.jpgTomGWI house.jpg

#3476 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

took me a while to figure it out!

Drank so much you couldn't remember whoring that night?

#3486 10 years ago

Saw this today and instantly thought of Rusty.

IMG_1729.jpgIMG_1729.jpg

Also played the prototype Lost In Space. Dave did a great job putting lights in the ships!

IMG_1732.jpgIMG_1732.jpgIMG_1733.jpgIMG_1733.jpg

#3518 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

So cool. I have one of those. I need a frame for it.

Dave said they were kinda rare. I thought it looked a lot nicer than the original. I mean come on, naked lizard girl!

#3551 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I dont know if I have that type of attention to detail or the patients.

Dr. dantebean. We need to get this man more patients!

#3563 10 years ago

What's the running head count? From the people I've talked to, sounds like you're going to have A LOT of guests.

#3567 10 years ago

I like your guys confidence in me. Wish I felt the same. So nervous.

The party flowed great last time! There was no waiting for games as everyone was happy to play whatever (all great games) and to play 4 (or however many) player games. I think this party is going to be much bigger though if everyone who says they are coming does indeed make it. I still think it will be fine as you have a great place. And everyone is REALLY looking forward to being there! What's midnight madness?

#3611 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Oh Sh*t, you got a WOZ. nice!

I was thinking the same thing! If Chris posts the audit counts like he did last time, should be interesting to see!

#3624 10 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Me too! "Come on, big money!!"

NO wammies! Oh wait, wrong show... I told Chris this was going to be a big party. Jeremy is even making the long haul!

#3626 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

no WOF CHRIS?!?! I'm done!! FOREVER!

It's OK he's got WOF. Don't be done.

#3643 10 years ago

Yes. Because I REALLY want to visit CO this year.

#3645 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Good luck to all the WI delegation!

(I kind of miss the trash talking)

Yeah, Hilton's reverse trash talking is starting to get on my nerves! Can't wait to DESTROY him tomorrow!

How's that Mark?

Found a place with TOTAN near work. Since I've never played it, going to stop up there tonight just in case they decide to use it for the tourney.

#3647 10 years ago

Damn. Memorized that shuttle simulation for nothing.
Thanks for the update Jon!

#3655 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

After hearing Ken talk the talk about Tully's SS, and then watching it dish out the pain to him, you should be okay...

Yeah, SS cost me a dollar that night but it also got me 7 points.

What are you laughing at? That's it! You and me, SS at Chris's house! It's on!

#3662 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

oh snap... it is that kind of party!!!???!!!

You tell us. You're the one who went to CO.

#3669 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Tim. I'm ready. Bring it.

Racks.JPG 102 KB

You got any of that left? Thanks for hosting Chris! Was awesome to hang at your place with so many great people and play so many awesome pins!

#3670 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Anyone going to ChrisS 's Party , If you have a little time before, in downtown Lake Geneva there are some snow sculptures that are worth checking out . They have been up now for about a week so they aren't as nice as when they were first completed but still cool .

Ain't nobody got time for that when there is so much great pinball to be played!

#3672 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I love that your bored in the car and pinging Pinside. as your wife is driving you home. I want my own personal chauffeur.
Thanks for coming Ken. I know it was a long day and it was great you found the time to drag you wife out
Safe drive home
Chris

Haha! You got me!! Just following Tim home. 10 more minutes and we'll be there. It's a real testament to your character that so many people would show up from so far away, on a snowy ass day to hang with you! We are lucky to have you I'm WI! One of these days I am crashing at that McMansion of yours!

#3673 10 years ago

Yeah, still driving... Great to see everyone else today too! Everyone at SCS and Chris's. And Tom G still owes me a game of SS!! Don't think I didn't notice you sneak out when I got to Chris's! Too many great people to name, but you know who you are!

#3685 10 years ago

Being chauffeured down to Racine now to raise money for animals. Adrenaline long gone yet sleep eludes me. You guys are freakin cracking me up!!

#3687 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Care to explain? Human Society I assume...

Pizza for Paws to raise money for Hope Safehouse. good thing Chris made wings instead of pizza!

#3695 10 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

Thanks. I had seen some PAPA game play videos a few months back, but I had not seen the competition videos. Those were executed even been then I imagined. I can see that really enhancing a live event.

Agreed. To bad we are not at the level that warrants such coverage. Not until we get Tim N on the competition scene.

#3718 10 years ago

You have to have Hilton on speed dial if you hope to get those deals.

1 week later
#3772 10 years ago

So bummed Chris has to work to buy more pins! No I REALLY am!

#3807 10 years ago

I posted this at wisconsinpinball.com but for those who don't go there there...A nice write up about WI pinball.

http://wdtimes.com/app/staff/FamilyMagSpring14.pdf

Article starts on page 10.

#3821 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Nah, it had an LCD display and everything.

And it is PINK!

Can't wait to get home, go through the pics and post them!

Quoted from tmac:

hearing someone would whether come to Waun-A-Pinball then go to the Ohio Show which is probably closer made me smile!

Me too! Heard Chris say that and felt much pride in our pinball community! You guys rock!

#3823 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Ken was obsessed with me yesterday. Seems he had about 80 pictures of me.

You were there?? Are you sure? If this is true I might have to create a thread just for you. I'll look through the pics tonight and see if you're in any.

#3838 10 years ago

Posted in main forum but figured I'd ask here as well. Co-worker is looking for a Fish Tales. No hurry. Willing to wait for a good deal. Thanks.

1 week later
#3914 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Just an FYI to all the locals, Mustang has been ordered and should optimistically arrive late March, early April. It will be on route at Mortimer's in Minneapolis. I will update this thread when it gets here, but I wanted to let everyone know as soon as I knew.
Not sure on a launch party yet, but I will update that info here too if/when it happens.

Might have to make a road trip for that one. You up for carpooling tmac?

1 week later
#3975 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

I heard you can bribe some of the scorekeepers of Chaos

Can confirm.

#4006 10 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I couldn't get a game in on Mustang at Mort's last night. It had a mini crowd around it playing it for a few hours

Should have put your quarters up on the glass.

#4083 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I can attest to this.

Man you get up early!

#4085 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He has the creature itch. It can get really bad.

Yeah, I remember tmac right before he got his.

1 week later
#4180 10 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

With the exception of the guy who was playing a 4 player game by himself

And walks away on player 3 ball 2... Also "people" not guy, saw it happen many times.

Great to see all the regulars and was very excited to meet many new people. Especially the MN gang! Except for that prick Bryan Kelly!

I posted some pics in the other thread. Best event ever.

#4186 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The line voltages on the machines weren't adequate.

I met and talked to Steve (Dan's father in law). Turns out he was a Journeyman to a friend I went through my Industrial Electrician apprenticeship with (I'm so tired I don't even know if that's proper English). Being a fellow sparky, he gave me a tour of Doc Oc. After seeing the whole thing I couldn't even tell you what the line voltages were without putting a voltage meter at each and every receptacle. Nobody could. That being said, I didn't experience a single machine with weak flippers. But then again I talked with people WAY more than I played. Also, I'm not nitpicking your well written post, just giving my 2 cents on a subject I feel comfortable with.

+1 I took a break mid Saturday to take my son to the pool and REALLY could have used this! My back, legs and feet are shot! In a good way.

#4210 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

You will have so many friends to talk to that the games become secondary.

This!

But I do agree that some games were hard to see. Even my ES seemed dark which I never noticed at home.

#4219 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I was tempted to buy that! Did it sell?

I was offered 1550 and 1850. Was seriously going to take the 1850 but my wife and about 4 others said it was a bad idea to sell so I took the sign off on Sunday. Think I will take Hilton's advice and maybe do some temporary swaps with friends. Glad you liked it enough to be tempted

#4269 10 years ago

Man that looks delicious!

#4273 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Anyone interested in trading for this?
ps kiosk.jpg 78 KB

Trade for a GayStation?

1 week later
#4348 9 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Just poking my head in. Old to the hobby and new to the ownership.

Welcome Tallon. You've found a great little corner of the internet here.

#4366 9 years ago
Quoted from Roo:

Does anyone in [Southeast] Wisconsin have recommendations for a good distributor anywhere in the area

If I were to buy new I would use Kingpin (Chris) http://www.kingpingames.net/

Great guy who is very active in the pinball and gaming community.

#4393 9 years ago

That's why I always go through Chicago at around 3-4 AM. Only had trouble twice and made the drive about 50 times to Detroit metro area.

1 week later
#4425 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

PING........... all you SOB's that are out in your yards or doing spring sporting things.

Does pinball league count as "sporting things"? If so I'm a Proud SOB. You were even here in spirit Chris, as we talked about you on the carpool home. Happy hunting on the W?D.

1 week later
#4508 9 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I have Jonobo's old WCS.

Is Jonobo related to Jonogo?

1 week later
#4557 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Mustang LE is now on route at Blainbrook Bowl. Stopped in tonight after softball to play a few games. If you have played the Pro, you have played the LE...it's almost exactly the same. The two LE drop targets only come up after completing a mode and then go down when you start a new mode. The fire button does nothing except launch the ball, the crossover ramp is basically never utilized and the spinning turntable blocks all the pops plus most of the roll overs depending on how you stand. The new side art is nothing special unless you have a super bright light pointed at it. I don't think most people would even notice it unless you pointed it out. Mustang is a fun game, but this is almost certainly the most disappointing LE package to date. Not anywhere near worth the money IMHO.
I will say, the shaker motor interaction on the LE was very nice. It was non-existent on the Pro in the older code revision. I would imagine it would be as nice on the Pro now too with the new code, but I haven't tried the Pro again since the last code update.

And they sold the Pro to get the LE? The salesman needs a raise and the buyer needs to talk to you first next time.
Still waiting on Tullster to invite me over to play that super clean pro with the new code

#4560 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Mortimers sold their pro. Blainbrook never had a pro and just got an LE.

Ahh, gotcha. You guys have so many good spots it's hard to keep them straight.

1 week later
#4669 9 years ago

Love the time lapse video. So cool.

4 weeks later
#4881 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

finish the trim in the kitchen

Free machine and.....nah, too easy.

Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I bought you a PS4, but you have to let me sell LOTR"

Come on Tim Jr.! Hold out a bit longer!

1 week later
#4936 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I didn't want to be first to say I recognized that toilet.

Glad I'm not the only one Tim has taken in there. I was skeptical when he said there was an initiation. But now I'm relieved you all went through it too.

#4966 9 years ago

Going to work in Burlington next Mon, Tue, and Wed. Neo or anyone else in that area going to be around any of those afternoons to play some pinball?

1 week later
#5100 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Anybody down for Friday Pinball south-west of Milwaukee (Muskego) tonight? Eh? Eh? Maybe throw together a $5 for-the-hell-of-it tournament?

I'm right in the middle of working 7, 12 hour days. This would be a nice way to break up the week. Let me know if it's a go.

#5109 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

That gigolo gig gets old, doesn't it, Ken?

You buttering me up so I sell you my treveism restored WCS?

Thanks for hosting tonight E! Your games played great! Really love your MET!

3 weeks later
#5385 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I need some time as many things going on and will put prices up on the WI pinball site first.

Very cool! For those non WI people, that's wisconsinspinballs.com

Quoted from Methos:

Everyone getting pumped for MRP?

Yup. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

2 weeks later
#5454 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

BTW Wisconsin. WTF....... It was summer 3 days ago.
Chris

Pffffft. My dad in Florida would call our Summer, Winter.

And I worked on the roof today at work. Yeah, it was shitty. One of the reasons I left early.

Chris you need to visit Pooley's Friday or Saturday if your available!

#5458 9 years ago

Wasn't thinking when I typed Friday. My fault. No disrespect intended.

3 weeks later
#5578 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

The real question is, are you VIP enough to be let past the ropes?

Very Incompetent Player? Check!

#5586 9 years ago

If that's the criteria I'm first in line!

3 weeks later
#5766 9 years ago
Quoted from DudeMcAwesome:

Too fun, I appear to have been caught on film playing Iron Man, thankfully you did not capture the score. This is the first event I've been to since moving here, and I have to say I cannot wait for the next one, so fun and everyone was fantastically nice.

Can't wait to go to my first MN pinball party! But unless Chris S offers to carpool with me I fear I might have to wait until MGC to see the MN gang.

#5781 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Congrats to Josh (Jonogo) on his engagement. I will refrain from all Jonogo Flow jokes on this topic.

Funny!

Congrats Josh!

#5819 9 years ago
Quoted from roger0043:

Anyone know why Hilton's (whysnow) account is frozen? What drama have I missed?

Only drama I saw lately was Predator thread. Didn't seem enough to freeeze an account though.

1 week later
#5863 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I was wrong. I got one.
Funny this is how Tim feels about Otto.........

Poor Otto. Or is it poor Tim?

2 weeks later
1 week later
#5996 9 years ago

A pinball connection across the whole world. That's awesome!

2 weeks later
#6122 9 years ago

Ahh my old stomping grounds...

Quoted from Timerider:

Needs a cleaning, and very slight right lean. Upper right flipper sticks pretty often, and lower right occasionally. Tilt is set very tight.

Sorry to hear. But even bad pinball is better than no pinball. ST is a fun game. Looking forward to playing the one at Pooley's tomorrow or Saturday. It plays nice thanks to the guys in our crew.
Not bragging, just complimenting our guys.

Oh, and Happy false prophet day my infidel WI/MN cousins! (religious humor)

#6134 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I'll be headed that way the 8th or 9th with a trailer bringing back a couple of games. I can def get it closer for a little gas money.
Chris

Please tell me bubble hockey is ready!?!

1 week later
#6197 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I feel a repeat of Farve's last game coming our way. Dallas seems to have our number too many times, espeically during the 90's.

NOOOOooooooo!!!! Grim memories and bad flashbacks!

1 week later
#6263 9 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Re-read it... he put it in the first line of his post...

Beat me to it Mr. "never on pinside anymore".

#6281 9 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

I'd be interested in the WCS if it's in nice shape and the price is a tad lower, not sure what the going rate is for one of these.

Paid that price for mine a year and a half ago. Mine is in great shape. They seem to be a bit higher lately as I've seen many from 2400-2800. No idea if they are selling for those prices though. Will probably list mine for $4000 at MGC just to piss off the price police.

1 week later
#6313 9 years ago

As a former wedding DJ I can only say 2 things.

1) CONGRATS JOSH!!!!!

2) A Wednesday marriage means a courthouse marriage like mine!

#6316 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Just to clarify its not today. They set a date and it's before MGC.

Well that was anti climactic.

Still happy for him!

#6323 9 years ago

Good to hear about Fox Run. Ladt time I was there the machines were pretty crappy. And they added two more which is nice. Will have to pop by there when my buddy is bowling.

1 week later
#6381 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ARE YOU READY TO RUMBLE???
http://www.madisonpinball.com/#!wwe-launch-party/c58s
also holding an expanded event for our standard monthly due to the official WWE launch happening.
details on the monthly tournament page

Sounds like a lot of fun. And a great way for me to attend my first Schwoegler's monthly!
FYI the link did not take me directly to the launch party page. Not a big deal but figured you should know.

1 week later
#6417 9 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Wonder if the closing staff at Morts figured out where the power switch on WWE is?

Probably still playing it.

1 week later
#6434 9 years ago
Quoted from Dexter:

Madison peeps! I will be in town next Thursday - thinking about going over to Schwoegler's that evening to play these pins. Man - I wish they were there last year - I worked 1/4 mile away. Maybe I wouldnt have moved. Oh wait - winter is much better here.

DEXTER!!! Wish I could join you but I'll be starting a very long stretch of work days next week. Have fun while you're here and hope to catch you next time!

#6437 9 years ago

HEY!!! You MN peeps made the front page of Reddit!

MN FUN.jpgMN FUN.jpg

Looks Fun! Where are my CCM skates from 1987???

1 week later
#6462 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Someone is now required to sell me a junkyard..........

I think this might be the longest I've seen you search for a game. Going to be sweet when you finally score one!

1 week later
#6495 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I just sent him some friendly sales advise.

I'm sure he'll take that well.

#6570 9 years ago

Was nice to meet 2 new MN people Saturday at the Waun-A-Pinball. Ben G and I shot the shit for a bit and Dan T and I had some great playoff games. Hope to see you guys at more WI events.

P.S. What the hell is with MN people and Mustang pinball?? Everyone from MN blew up that game Saturday!!

#6578 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

We play Mustang weekly in our league and have the game down pretty well. The top 4 in league have played each other on it a bunch and we talk strategy and see what works and what doesn't. Normally you have to play it well, cause the other 3 guys usually don't leave too much room for error.

Chris F did mention league. It showed what a difference it can make! Thank goodness Tom G doesn't have that game as I here the MN people had so much fun they are coming back soon.

#6584 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I was registered to go on Saturday with Chris and Ben, but the wife and kids are all sick so I couldn't leave for an entire day. It would have been fun, sucked to miss it. At least I'll get to go to MGC again this year.

Sorry you couldn't make it and look forward to seeing you at MGC!

Quoted from ChrisS:

Garret is good people.

+1

1 week later
#6616 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

At one time a Jolly Park stood there.

And to the left there used to be an 1812, but now it's just a poster.

#6636 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Also I'm still on the hunt for a junkyard. Making some space in the basement and would really like to add one in.
chris

I think the JY is your white whale. I've never seen a title elude Chris S for so long.

Is it the one game Tim has never owned?

P.S. People at Uptowner were talkin about the Chris S Ballers night. It's a hot ticket!

2 weeks later
#6792 9 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Phew. Just got back from ESP.
beatthatbonus.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
That was close.

That's hilarious!

#6829 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A really nice Fist Tales arrived for the party. Less than nine hours of Pinball Circus left.
LTG : )

IMG_0899.JPG

Seems like just yesterday I saw an empty spot where that FT once stood. Wait, that was still today. Man this has been a REALLY, REALLY long day. Congrats on another Circus!

#6832 9 years ago

I couldn't stop playing TWD. Yours is so awesome. Can't believe nobody has snatched up your spare. I need to quit smoking and start saving!

#6839 9 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Looking for a room at MGC for Saturday. If you're looking to cancel, please send me a PM.

Jason Werdrick has a room he's trying to get rid of but I think it's for both nights. He posted on FB. Coying this to a PM for ya. Also osted to Jason's FB with a link back here.

#6885 9 years ago

What a great event. Was cool to hang with all the WI/MN people! And now I need to get some sleep.

1 month later
#7086 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Just checked in and Lincoln Pub in Waukesha (WI) has 3 different games than it had a few months ago. Right now they have TSPP, FG and RBION all set to 50 cents a game. Games seem to flip well and are in decent working shape. The beverages are wet and fairly priced. If you're lucky, locals will glance over your way and shout out friendly slogans such as "what are you making so much noise over there for?" and the like. No complaints.
https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/lincoln-pub-waukesha-wi-united-states
A hand-printed sign on the door says they're open from 3pm until close most nights of the week.

Great updates on local places! Thanks! Will definitely check Lincoln Pub out after work one of these days.

2 weeks later
#7182 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I did - several weeks ago. Thanks for the heads up though!

What Methos wants, Methos gets! Congrats Mark!

2 weeks later
#7212 8 years ago
Quoted from KillerKades:

Selling both my Pin2K machines. Listing with pictures can be found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-for-sale-rfm-swe1-2-machines-se-wi
Come on over and play them, then take them home.

Have played these machines and they are in very good shape. Seller is a great guy too! GLWS!

1 week later
#7286 8 years ago

Kevin, a link to your request has been posted over at wisconsinpinball.com

I talked with some of the Milwaukee people last night and a few of them are still working on logistics. I'll point them to your request in case they have room. A post on the Milwaukee pinball Facebook page would probably help too.

2 weeks later
#7353 8 years ago

What an awesome time at ReplayFX with all my MN and WI brethren! Hope more from our area can go next year!

Special thanks to ChrisS!!! He made sure I was styling for the event!

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#7355 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I love how in each picture Ken is in, his head is titled towards the right - some interesting body language going on.

Guess I just want to be closer to greatness.
In all fairness though, Angie and I were doing the JC Penny catalogue pose. Let's see how my head is tilted in the gangsta pose...oh, yeah...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#7358 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Elwin does look a bit reserved I admit....
So who is this Angie by the way?

I thought the same thing about Elwin once you pointed out the head tilt. But he was extremely kind.
Angie is the voice of Daisy on Mustang and also had a booth selling custom pinball trophies. Awesome girl. And after 2 days of knowing her i learned her boyfriend is Roy Wils! Nice guy!! This weekend will truly be hard to top!

4 weeks later
#7505 8 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Good job madison crew and everyone else who was involved in the fall flipout event -- it sounds like it went great.

In addition to what Dave said, details on the fall flipout can be found here http://www.madisonpinball.com/#!fall-flipout/cmw2

And MadRollin was freaking phenomenal!

1 week later
#7565 8 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

My wife is a huge Bears fan.

I feel your pain. My wife is a Vikings fan.

2 weeks later
#7628 8 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Just a heads up, MGC just placed tickets on sale. I know a couple people have made hotel reservations already... Get your rooms before they are gone!!

Room booked. Hopefully close to the beard bro's room!

#7699 8 years ago
Quoted from Mousin:

I decided to make an account. most of you know me from twisted flippers league and/or shows and tournaments.

Stephanie

Oh boy...

#7720 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is like electricity in the air when you walk in.

+1

Love the whole vibe. Love that I can get from one end of the event to the other in under 2 minutes. But mostly love hanging out with all the different groups I see throughout the year. MN people, IL people, MI people etc...

1 month later
#7969 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

can everyone try going to midwestgamingclassic.com on your phone

Both sites look good on my Iphone 4S.

#8006 8 years ago

Guess I know what I'm doing after work tomorrow.

Also, for anyone not on FB, there is a GOT release party tonight at Bremen Cafe in Milwaukee. 6P start time.

1 month later
#8184 8 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

For anyone in the Madison area or wanting to travel a bit to play the new Spiderman VE, Madison Pinball will be picking one up to add to the Schwoegler's lineup. Hopefully in time for the WI SCS!

That's very cool! Looking forward to it!

2 months later
#8431 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

You can always tear out the kitchen and fridge downstairs and add a few in that corner.

NEVER!!! That's my second favorite part of the house!!

#8449 8 years ago

Cool! Congrats LTG!

#8489 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

awesome indeed. Wish I could attend.

Want to carpool up there?

#8492 8 years ago

Damn I think we have league too! I'm not missing Kingpin's food for anything!

4 months later
#8853 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I need to borrow a Ghostbuster LE for this weekend. My premium/LE launch party is this sat. Premiums have been pushed back to Sept.
Anyone that loans me the use of their LE, gets free entry into both tournaments and free food. I'd need to pick it up friday and I can drop it back off sunday. I'll even break it down, pick it up and bring it back and set it back up.

Somebody hook this guy up! That's my Saturday plans we're talking about. Going to show up at Neo's regardless.

2 months later
#9045 7 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

I'm in the process of relocating to the Milwaukee area, and will be moving into my house in a couple weeks. Looking forward to meeting some of the local pinheads.

Look forward to meeting you at some of the local events!

8 months later
#9879 6 years ago
Quoted from roger0043:

Check with KingPinGames. Chris usually has games like that in stock.

This! ^

https://www.kingpingames.net/

1 month later
#10074 6 years ago
Quoted from smacks:

How was the turnout? I wanted to make it, but two boys with multiple football scrimmages kept me away. Hope everyone had fun

Was only able to stay for a short while but the setup and execution seemed perfect. I used to hang there 15 years ago. What an improvement the pins are! Hope they do another one where I can stay all day.

4 months later
#10697 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Ack, why is there a beer on the glass at the 33 second mark? They have little tables for that....!

Nothing wrong with drinks on the glass. Right Tim?

IMG_0714 (resized).JPGIMG_0714 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#10758 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Two of Wisconsin’s finest exports were in the RD Apartment today.
A spooky pin and old mates chriss !
Chris was nice enough to pop around and talk music, touring and pinball for a few hours before he pulled out of town.
Good stuff!
rd

Judging by Chris's left pant leg I'd say he was pretty happy to be there.

5 months later
#11462 5 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

fox run lanes in waukesha has a houdini and iron maiden to play

I miss going there after work. I've been on nights for a few years now so going at 7A is not an option.

4 months later
#11987 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey All,
Time to move Super Chexx on.
Updated with some custom players from the movie Slapshot $1900.00
https://www.wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1731

Posted this on my FB as this game (and movie) were very popular where I lived in MI growing up. Shoot me a text if it sells.

3 months later
#12462 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how about I pick it up for you and you come over and check out the new gameroom and take it with you?

Nice of you to go to Minnesota for Tim!

#12464 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Lol... right? Thanks Neo!
I actually found a ride for Genie... She leaves Minnesota tomorrow.

Great news! Any chance the elusive Nobling will make an appearance at MGC this year?

3 weeks later
#12539 4 years ago
Quoted from Angry_Radish:

Hi all,
Thought I'd introduce myself in a local-ish thread .
I'm a collector and a tech for a local op which has burnt all the fun out of vids, but I still love pins.
I live in Watertown, but grew up in Waukesha/New Berlin.
I know a few folks here but I figured I'd come out of the shadows and wave.

Welcome!
You taking care of the pins at The Drafty Cellar? If so I popped a ball way up into the upper right corner of Deadpool.

2 years later
#16146 2 years ago
Quoted from Angry_Radish:

If there are any players in the area, we're putting a Big Lebowski out on location at the Drafty Cellar in Watertown, WI tomorrow.
Just finished testing and prep work.

I'll be out there when I'm off work next week! Great lineup at that place!

1 month later
#16414 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Craaaaazy Doug’s - Everything MUST GO!

High 5!

2 weeks later
#16501 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

And of course having a very memorable plate makes me nervous about future retaliations for god knows what out of the blue.

So you're not just abrasive on Pinside?

#16505 2 years ago

I never said I wasn't abrasive. I'm abrasive as fuck sometimes. Just ask Hilton. How is me asking you if you are abrasive outside of Pinside hypocritical?

#16509 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Do you still beat your wife? Yes or no.

And you say future retaliations come out of the blue. No wonder you have change your plates.

8 months later
#17547 2 years ago

Haven't been yet. But I did hear it was opening up when they took The Big Lebowski from The Drafty Cellar to put it there. Once I'm back on a day shift in May I'll head over there after work.

2 months later
#17772 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If anyone in the area wants to see Primus in Milwaukee for free this week, let me know.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/free-primus-tickets-june-2nd-milwaukee#post-6951767

Coworker just asked me if I wanted to go. Haven't been to a non EDM show for a few years. Looking forward to it! Rush tribute should be pretty epic.

1 year later
#20150 5 months ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Hey all you in WI and surrounding areas - if you haven't heard, the Godfather of pinball (Steve Tully) was in a pretty bad car accident not too long ago. I just found out a few days ago, and was made aware tonight of a GoFundMe that his neighbor is putting together to help him and his partner. I know that many of you on this thread know Tully well as he's the MAN at MGC coordinating the Arcade Hall, has been involved with Expo, and really got the pinball rolling in Wisconsin with the Wauna-Tourney so many years ago, and that's just the tip of the iceburg!
Anyway, if you feel so inclined please be sure to check out his GoFundMe and consider helping out the most deserving individual I can think of. https://gofund.me/89b78c8e

Good thinking posting it here! When I heard about it last Thursday I stopped over by his house to visit/donate (didn't know if gofundme took a cut).
He was in good spirits all things considered. Generosity of the pinball community is beautiful to see!

1 month later
#20304 4 months ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

There was one at Drafty Cellar in Watertown. I think it was/is Juke box Larry's route and his "nephew"?? Dan helped alot with the route. I'll try to find out where it went.
I don't know if this is accurate but worth a phone call, Patrick's Arcade Bar Lake Mills WI shows it on pin map app.
Patrick's Arcade Bar https://pinballmap.com/map/?by_location_id=20733

Patrick's is 15 minutes from where I live and this is the first I've heard of it. Just drove by a couple weeks ago too. Didn't even see it. Thanks for the heads up.

3 months later
#20681 16 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I may bring my Olympus (Rare Spanish Game) to MGC this weekend if someone is interested. Otherwise, I may bring something for the tournament section that will piss everyone off.

Ahhhh. I've missed you Neo!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinballKen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=PinballKen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.