1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EJS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13766 4 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Wish I could have made it out to Big Al's today but was busy helping a friend and family with their business/practice that has been impacted by the recent business shutdowns.

Anyway, I'm doing some early spring cleaning and wanted to offer up a cabinet and legs for a pre war pinball machine. Sorry, no playfield unfortunately. I am not going to list a classified ad or anything as I am not looking for cash or interested in shipping parts. The below is free to a good home:

I'm not an expert on this era but parts of value on the cabinet include an elevator and coin mech. The ball plunger assembly is missing. Vintage similar to a Five Star Final. If you look that game up on IPDB that's essentially what we're looking at. I'm told not all games of this era had legs, this one does. There is also a full ball return the size of the playfield and playfield glass is there too! I suppose you could make your own playfield and do a custom project or use this to restore another game of this vintage. I just don't want to see this history end up in a landfill or fire pit. The cabinet is slightly coming apart but a mallet could fix that. There is just a little overspray from someones painting project on one side but could be cleaned off.

If interested please let me know. Keep in mind this is small enough it could be easily transported in the back seat of any car. I'd like to move this along sooner than later but can hold for another month or so if that's convenient for anyone.

1 week later
#13801 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

John is not retiring. He's simply not making house calls at this time. He said he has no idea when he'll be doing them again.

https://pinballplus.com/

Website is now updated with information on service calls concerning COVID-19 (see link on main page). Just like everything, plans and dates can change. Let's hope for the best for everyone!

2 weeks later
#13872 4 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

lol, only you....

Hey I'll give Genesis a shameless plug. I actually wouldn't mind adding one to the collection again for the right price. I remember a good rule set/ layout.

The backglass art, though....could use a custom redo like DM.

2 weeks later
#13966 3 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I went to the Burnsville Costco earlier tonight and saw the sign out front that masks will be required starting 5/4 and “Any member not complying will be denied entry”. I had to ironically chuckle as I walked into their store, carrying a gun that could kill 16 people in 16 seconds, but in a few days, my breathing will deny my entry.

I think Menards is implementing the same thing. I'm bias to Home Depot because my cousin works procurement at the national level so I like to keep it in the family. I went there today with pinballplusMN to grab a few things to get his lawn in shape for the summer. I stood on the X's outside by myself waiting to get in line like it was a night club and was in line for returns. I felt a little bad because they had signs up saying to try to not return stuff; but I was there two days ago and the signs were not up so I figured it was ok. It's nice to see they doubled their return policy lead time.

Anyway, we basically grabbed an empty cart and went immediately to the checkout which was backed up halfway through the garden center. Meanwhile I ran around gabbing everything needed, fertilizer, spreader, extra dirt, seed etc while advancing towards the checkout. By the time we got everything still had a few minutes to spare.

It seems like a mixed bag of who wears masks and who doesn't. This goes for employees and customers. It seems about 50/50 for employees and 60/40 with 60% customers wearing masks.

1 week later
#13976 3 years ago

Somewhat off topic but I have a friend who has a couple kids who are interested in a used skill claw machine if anyone knows one available or a local MN/WI operator who has extra available. I see a couple on MPLS CL now not sure if any of those belong to fellow Pinside folks or not. If anyone knows of any leads feel free to send me a message and I can pass the information along.

#13984 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Many of those CL posts are Gary. He lists himself in White Bear Lake, but the drive to his place from the cities seems more like you are heading to Duluth. It is a hike. Most of his stuff are projects too, so if you want something that works, he probably isn't the best option.

That's good to know. Thanks!

Ironically the friend lives up by North Branch. However I don't think they will be looking for a project so this will probably be a no-go.

I've met Gary several times over the last 15 years never to buy or sell nor have I done business with him so can't form an opinion about him one way or another from a transaction perspective.

#13988 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That's Gary. His place is crazy. He was on American Pickers once too. He has trailers and stuff everywhere. The majority of the really good stuff is long gone since just about everyone local has been to his place years ago and picked through it. I went about 10 years ago and didn't buy anything, but it was fun for the experience. I remember he had a Burgertime up in the rafters of his barn back then, I wonder where that eventually went to.

That reminds me I need to go through video I shot of a couple warehouses and several containers from the summer before last. Logistically it would have been too expensive to travel everything back to my location from what was there.

I just found something now from there I am going to post over in the horror thread....

2 weeks later
#14094 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Or if you wanted a giant sign that says "GNOMES" this would also be for you.

I'd rather it say MANGOES mmmmmm

#14117 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My wife has family that live nearby in Woodbury and Bayport, and we would visit there a few times a year. Just so sad.

I live right in that area. Both Targets are closed and boarded up. Same with several clothing stores. Strip mall by my ma's house where no activity took place yesterday, also has entire strip mall boarded up.

I'm listening to the local police scanner and still activity going on Grand Ave, Payne Phalen area and the usual areas from yesterday. Good news is the calls are coming in slower and they are able to make arrests this time.

I drove past some of my past pinball locations I had games at years ago. I was pleased to see their businesses were still standing and seem to be doing "alright". Was nice to see some old faces too.

#14119 3 years ago
Quoted from BadgeringBadger:

Speaking of checking up on businesses, I haven't heard anything about UpDown or Tilt. I assume they're doing fine so far?

There is no law in Minneapolis tonight. Anything is possible right now.

#14127 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

National Guard giving warnings and moving in and now started using tear gas.

Watching on KARE now. Glad to see they have finally arrived.

#14129 3 years ago

I'm listening to Ramsey county dispatch and it sounds like they are able to get ontop of the thievery in the Snelling University area.

#14163 3 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

I think it’s weird that the cop who shot George Floyd

???

#14188 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

More info from todays press conference inferring that these riots are being started by outsiders
https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeiklebnikov/2020/05/30/every-person-arrested-in-saint-paul-last-night-was-from-out-of-state-mayor-says/ Every Person Arrested In Saint Paul Last Night Was From Out Of State, Mayor Says - Forbes

KARE11 on air now checking Hennepin County (Minneapolis) jail finding a lot of MN residential arrest records (A.J. Lagoe) despite officials saying otherwise.

But honestly I don't care if they are MN or not MN, it needs to stop happening now.

3 weeks later
#14410 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

IO moon just went up for sale

Glad I got a chance to enjoy this last time I was over.

1 month later
#14504 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Everyone thinks they own gold.

Haha, yep. One episode of Pawn Stars and their Tri Zone is suddenly worth $3,500 on CL.

1 week later
#14540 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

25 pins!.. no need for natural gas furnace in winter.

Especially if you have incandescent bulbs! Yikes that will do a number on your electric bill to use for your main heat source.

In the summer I only turn games on in the spare bedrooms when I'm in there playing. Keeping them on for a few hours and temperature rises quickly and I have mixed LED games in there.

#14559 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sorry BOP sold within 5 minutes of posting to John Ross. Space Station still for sale though.

MustangPaul nice meeting you tonight great MODs you’ve done to your game will be in touch soon!

#14560 3 years ago

FYI that space station has a really good playfield and ramps are perfect. Cabinet also amazing for its age. If anyone thinking about this game it’s worth a look.

#14613 3 years ago

Wish we could post pics in this sub forum. My friend did some cleaning out this afternoon in his kitchen and I got inspired to do so too and found some good memories. We sure got "mugged" a lot at expo.

#14623 3 years ago
Quoted from Yokimato:

Looking for a really nice, turnkey STTNG with no cabinet fade or scratches and minimal playfield wear.

There was a really nice one on here a few weeks back I suspect it didn’t last long....but if it’s still available that’d be the one for you. Front door not drilled.

1 week later
#14656 3 years ago

No pins, but might be some good deals in there if you can get over the sales tax and 18% premium. Not sure what quality those HDMI projectors are but might need new bulbs which could set you back a bit.

I think I found CaptainNeo next Fallout fridge; https://www.grafeauction.com/event/big-thrill-factory-minnetonka/lot/524

#14662 3 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/843951486143441/

My coworker in SD just sent me this. Probably worth asking price at most.

If you like games with spinners....

#14698 3 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

That and the lack of shows has thrown the entire market dynamic out of whack. Less opportunities to buy, which makes people more willing to take chances.

Not only that but prices of pins were reasonable. Couple years ago at MGC you could pick up working 70s GTB games in 8/10 cosmetics for around $400-$600 now we have $1200 with issues. Just a general observation. That or we buy sell trade amongst ourselves off the market which I’ve been doing recently.

#14732 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

If there is a group buy going on, hit me up. I'm interested in GNR.

Your user name checks out for that

#14740 3 years ago
Quoted from cpu-slave:

Is that the big '50' for SS Billiards? I believe September seems right...

Web site says November 1970 though there are a couple significant dates upon us in September.

#14759 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Why is there masking tape over the crossbow light?

Keeping in mind I don’t know this game well....where do I look for that? I didn’t see anything.

#14763 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

We can’t put photos here or I would but is the plastic above the right ramp. The light on the left.

Ah ok can’t believe I didn’t see that. Thanks for pointing.

#14775 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Probably a client of John's that has fond memories of it from back in the day. Nostalgia often wins over gameplay, at least in the short term.

Same. I had the same thing with Stellar Wars. First time I played one was at Expo my first year going and the thing was literally brand new. I kept coming back to it each time the exhibit hall was open.

I bought one about 2 years ago and bought a second playfield in better shape, shipped it to Neo to work his magic and now mine is playing the way I remember it. I have more money into it than it's worth but I don't care. I'll never sell it.

#14778 3 years ago

If anyone local is thinking about a Gold EATPM CPR playfield I might be looking to sell locally. You can save on shipping. Just looking to get what I have into it I think I paid $850 as listed online currently on CPR. Need to fund some other projects at the moment. This was one of their earlier runs.

I wasn’t planning to list classified here yet but would be happy to reup your pinside heart too if you buy.

1 week later
#14822 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Looking for a nice Flash Gordon if anybody has any leads. Hardtop is fine.
Willing to do the work if it's trashed and I can get my hands hands on a hardtop.

If you are willing to spend a bit more CPR has playfields in stock.

#14827 3 years ago

I just put a post on the buying/selling subforum but if anyone local in the TC area collects woodrails and would be interested in a Big Six and Ramona please get in touch with me. They aren't mine but I know someone looking to sell. I'm doing this to help a mutual friend out and to help pinball. I don't think he's looking to get $1,000 each for them but if anyone has a fair offer for him I'm sure he'd accept.

3 weeks later
#14942 3 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

The good: Recently picked up a solid T2 with full LEDs from a nice local Pinsider. Plays like it should.
The bad: after about 100 plays, the significant other has decided it isn’t for her

Is that 100 total plays since you got it? If she recently played 100 I’d argue she likes it!

#14973 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

LOL. I have a broken Jacks to Open I may sell for my neighbor.

Keep me in the loop on that one.

#15012 3 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

So wait LTG are you in the clear or not?

Sounds like he can stay open thankfully. For now.

#15037 3 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Some of us enjoy having these local businesses post here. I have no social media accounts so when I look for anything pinball related, this site and this thread are pretty much all I have.

Same here. I'm a member on sites that are dedicated to a particular interest/hobby. I even made a few bucks on a YouTube channel years ago, but, no more. Yes I miss out on some announcements on Facebook etc but there is a ton of other things I feel I'm NOT missing out on.

#15128 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

You are so right about that. It’s an ass kicker for sure, but flows extremely well. It’s the magic at LTG:)s

For the longest time I just assumed the phantom flip on MB wasn’t a huge deal on that game. Turns out LTGs was the only one I’ve played to this date that worked like 90+ percent of the time. Everyone else it’s a coin toss each flip at best.

#15158 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'm sorry Llyod. This is going to be a hard month.
Is this page up to date?

From the site;

The parts and games listed here are being sold by our long term frequent customers and are NOT located at SS Billiards.

#15220 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Dude has a good rep and assured me the game plays correctly. Sent pics of everything including the underneath with the playfield totally removed etc.
If anyone has a hardtop, please send me a PM and I will bring you a six pack if I can flip your game for 15.

Once I get my Space Shuttle going you are welcome to drop by.

3 weeks later
#15390 3 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Along the theme of scams......
For those of you more seasoned at selling machines, is selling on Craigslist always a total $hitshow?
I listed my machine on CL and I got a lot of interest.......from bots and weirdos. At least one legit inquiry.
I’m leaning towards just selling everything on here in the future even if I have to take a hit in price just to avoid the aggravation.

You get what you pay for on CL.

It's not bad. You'll find someone to buy your game at a decent price. You'll find someone looking for a good deal too.

#15438 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Sellers will price their wares at whatever the market will bear. Right now, clearly, it will bear a lot. The dispiriting reality is that buyers, not sellers, are “driving up” prices. The average pinball collector seems to have more, not less, disposable income for purchases right now since he/she is spending less on things like travel/entertainment/dining/leisure/gyms during the pandemic. Add to that the shortage of new machines at distributors after the pandemic halted production at manufacturers for at least a few months during the summer and you have a classic sellers’ market. I don’t subscribe to the theory that there has been a big influx of new collectors, adding to the demand. I still think the average person under thirty scarcely knows that pinball playing or collecting is a hobby at all, and if we are seeing an uptick in interest, it’s still relatively small and not affecting the market.
As a buyer, I don’t like the inflated prices any more than you do. It’s frustrating to see the sale pins appear in the Pinside classifieds, day after day, each priced 20% or more above prices from one year ago. Congo’s for $6K, MET PRO’s with stock displays for $6500, TS:PP’s or LOTR’s for $7K - *everything* is priced in the stratosphere right now. It’s maddening. It does seem likely though that this moment is the peak of the frenzy. If you can just hang on for a couple of months, I bet you’ll see a significant ebb to these prices. Manufacturers are shipping games again. The NIB supply is rising again. Also, the vaccine will begin to turn the tide on restrictions, and that will mean that all those ways people of means ordinarily spend their disposable income will resume, if slowly, and collectors will have less to spend on pinballs. And you’re kidding yourself if you don’t think the pandemic will have lasting, far-reaching effects on the economy. We *are* in a recession. It will catch up to even the deep-pocketed collectors in ways they never anticipated. A year from now there could be a serious sell-off. Truly! If you must have a used game today at last year’s prices, you’ll have to find a seller who is uncommonly generous. I know LTG recently sold his WOF at a pre-pandemic price, so they’re out there.

Good post.

Nobody has to be a victim of "flippers" if they don't want to. Honestly I don't have my nose in the market enough to even know it's taking place or who is doing what. With rare exceptions, I'm strictly in the buying and holding mode. For all I know I've bought something recently from a flipper, but I don't think that is the case as I don't feel I've overpaid for anything. Anyone new to the hobby might pay a little more, but they probably won't be looking for projects either. All in all I'm just looking forward to hosting some get togethers at my place once this whole COVID thing is done.

I wonder if it's fair to say pinball could be looked at through two different lens or markets? The buy NIB and sell, rinse and repeat. Then the other being strictly used market for classic games say 20+ years old. Demand for classics could be much higher than NIBs due to affordability. Someone can say they have a pinball machine in their home for $2,000 or for $7,500.

With all I've seen in pinball I know not to try and make predictions anymore. Honestly I would have thought we'd see a selloff come and go this year but it feels like the demand is higher than ever. That or the demand has outpaced itself so much it swept any selloffs off the radar.

#15507 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Merry Christmas everyone! Anyone get pinball gifts?

Everyone knows by now I’m impossible to shop for hah. I did see a couple threads of people sharing their pinball related gifts.

Merry Christmas everyone!

#15534 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Anyone local have a sheet of glass? Maybe I should just call John?

Last I saw he has a few used left from the giveaway. Couple new ones might be left at $50.

#15550 3 years ago

(Barfly-style slurred speech)
To all my friends...
(Full drink hoisted)
Happy New Year!

Happy new year. Plenty of fireworks going off here. I’m just downstairs playing pinball and rebuilding flippers.

#15563 3 years ago

I’ll try to head over at a time that isn’t late night haha

Very tempting but still trying to avoid unnecessary travels if I can help it in case I pick up some of the rona at work :/

#15564 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Are we secretly the worst?

Nah maybe we just love pinball more?

#15589 3 years ago

If you win wear gloves when you take the playfield glass off.

#15592 3 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

It feels like there's a story here...

Yes and I should have known better. It was on a 70s game too. Now is a time to be thankful we can’t attach images to this thread.

#15597 3 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Hope stitches were not required.

Fortunately not.

1 week later
#15660 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

I’m looking to ship 4 games, I’m taking Egg Head for my personal collection (I’ll have a players version for sale after).
If anyone wants to spread the shipping across 3-4 games, and are interested in these:
Cover Girl
Vaga Bond
Foto Finish
These will be at my cost, and need others to offset the shipping cost for us all.

Let me know what we are looking at in terms of costs. I'd be interested in FF. PM me if you'd like.

3 weeks later
#15765 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

does it really need to be tempered for backglass? $15 to get a normal piece cut. A lot of printed backglasses from the 80's and before were not tempered anyway.

$15 vs $45 is minimal damage in my opinion compared to what plate glass can do to a game or your body when damaged.

1 month later
#15955 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Headed down towards St. Louis today, coming up tomorrow with a pass outside of Chicago. Pm me with hauling needs.

Yes just haul your butt back to MN cause I’m coming over to your house tomorrow with cash.

1 week later
#16022 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Like announcing a drain? Too late.

I personally don’t think drain announcements are a big deal but per pinside they are. HH, you might want to edit that part out if you are worried about getting modded and I’m not talking color LEDs

#16023 3 years ago
Quoted from amalongi:

Greetings.
Time for something different. Listed my Gottlieb Bank Shot in the Marketplace. Located on the far Eastern edge of St. Paul. Willing to drive/meet-up within, say, 2-3 hours if that helps. Would also consider putting towards a trade for (1) Taxi or (2) a Gottlieb 1970's drop-target wedge head.

Machine - For Sale

Bank Shot

New!

Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “Selling a rare-ish Gottlieb BankShot AAB wedgehead. Here are some details:

The Good:
* Plays great. Almost 100% (see below)
* Playfield in very good condition. Vibrant colors/w...”

31 minutes ago

Maplewood, MN

amalongi

It’s not a wedge head but have toyed with letting my Big Brave go. Really nice playfield and NOS plastic set and new drop targets. New flipper kit and new coils cause some operator only had Williams coils on hand.

1 week later
#16030 3 years ago

Anyone travelling through Minneapolis and Saint Paul tonight please be careful. Originally what happened in Brooklyn Center is now spreading throughout the cities.

#16032 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Crap.
I wasn't going to. Thank you for the heads up !
LTG : (

My aunt and uncle just landed at MSP and have an uber now hopefully they take a safe path.

#16049 3 years ago

Okay for real, get this thread back on track.

My intent was to bring awareness for anyone traveling through the cities who may have a pinball deal lined up and may not pay close attention to what’s going on in the cities especially if you don’t live around here. Since it’s been known events like this can shut down major interstates including I94.

1 month later
#16159 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I like SS Billiards in Hopkins, MN

As far as I know that’s the only place in twin cities with technical support for games on site. Well, probably some support for games off site too

Plus the change machine there is reliable most of the time.

#16161 2 years ago

Something to keep in mind too as covid is wrapping up…or seems to start to….the bars are probably going to be packed so playing games might not be the easiest. I’m still laying low and only traveling to public places as needed. I’ve probably driven past St. Paul tap 20 times this month and can’t get motivated to go in.

Last time I played a pinball on location was up/down right when it opened as a friend of mine wanted to go there for his birthday. Wall to wall people and a lady just thought she could have a turn in the middle of my TAF game. She assumed she could flash me a smile and get a turn. I had two balls locked she thought wrong! I would suggest not going on a Saturday night either. Parking can be a bit tricky that part of town too.

1 week later
#16236 2 years ago

How many times has someone heard;

It doesn’t work but it still lights up so it must be something simple?

#16240 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

nd use it in a different TZ so you had the sample stuff.

I actually thought about doing this with the TZ’s at my house except I’m worried that would kill the desirability with the SN tag being a bad representation of being an early game. Although I don’t believe mine is a true “sample”. Reason being is one cabinet is much nicer than the other same goes with the playfield but they are opposite of each other.

#16242 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

That story gives me shivers, LTG.

I think the pinball horror thread has several pics like this including a few from me. I felt bad chasing a family of mice out of a Comet but I had a game to get working.

#16244 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You are right on that.
I just hate to see a sample playfield and mini playfield dumped. Put in a generic TZ cabinet with a trashed playfield, where it doesn't effect value. Or try to pass it off as original.
LTG : )

I’d have to agree on that. Even though you can order the 3rd magnet and DYI, there’s nothing better than a playfield with artwork (missing) that yells, yeah that belongs there.

So what does it mean when you have a PF with the green lock insert but the door PCB is also green? Just early to the party? One of mine has the rest of the fixins too like switch cover, clock, mini PF, odd gumball signage, and for crappy players like me, rubber that keeps the ball out of the left area of the pops.

#16246 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sample didn't have them on mini playfield or the clips to hold them, production games did.
Also "No Flip Here" on mini playfield. Grapefruit colored pop bumper cap.
I don't remember all the stuff, maybe another thing or two I'm missing.
Translites with stars or with stars cut out appear both ways on sample games and production games.

I should have clarified...I have the clear dome switch cover on the left ramp confirmation switch which I thought was only on samples?

I don't like grapefruit but looks like I'm stuck with that cap too.

Translite is "normal" but glad to hear that isn't a must for the stars.

#16250 2 years ago

I passed on a bad deal to me. Biggest problem was logistics. Getting everything back was a 13+ hour drive one way. Everything needed a lot of work. Lot's of pinballs I wanted to bring back with me but when it was all said and done it was more cost effective to just say "thank you for your time". Plus I'd have to rent space to store everything. I have over an hour video documenting everything that was for sale. I'll have to upload it sometime.

#16252 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Umm maybe you wouldn't have to rent space

It would have filled your outbuilding up 4x over. (Plus this was several years ago)

#16273 2 years ago

Wanted:
Tired, near-trash, forgettable playfield for short money.
Must have mostly intact clearcoat as I want it to experiment with cleaning/polishing/finishing/etc. Should have grabbed something when Al closed last year, but I missed out.

I’d like to keep my captain Fantastic for wall art eventually but if you want to borrow it to experiment on for a bit you are welcome to try it out. If a few “oopses” happen here or there I’m cool with that.

#16276 2 years ago

Wanted in the Twin Cities Metro:
Good/used ribbed/chrome leg set for Bally Super-Pin.
Just the standard 28.5" legs with levelers and minimal/no rust would be great.
Thanks.

Now those I have. Actually in pretty good shape. A soft wire brush will have you sparkling in no time. Got the levelers too. If you want new ones I’ll sell them for whatever Pinballlife has them listed at otherwise the used legs with levelers are yours.

#16283 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Looking to put my original AFM collector quality condition machine for sale ad up soon. Thanks John

If you are looking for the perfect original AFM now is your chance plus JohnTTwo is great to deal with.

#16291 2 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Have family who is clearing out some stuff and have a Ship Ahoy for sale. From what I can tell from the one pic I have, body looks alright and the backglass/playfield look really good. Not powering on I believe, 2nd owner of it. I am out of state and haven't seen it in person. If any interest, PM me. I believe it is in St. Paul.

I already have a buccaneer so I’m good. Great machine!

#16293 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Someday I need a good playfield and cabinet off of one. To restore the one I have that was converted to solid state.
Just not right now. Too much else needs doing.

Let me know when you need to look at one.

I just need to order two boards (contact pads) for my KS relay for the spinner and mine will be working.

Seems like everyone around here has Ship Ahoy’s instead.

#16317 2 years ago

“If the ad is still up it’s still available”

Updated 32 minutes ago and posted 7 hours ago.

This is why I don’t even search Craigslist anymore. Let’s set pinball aside for a minute. Anything Star Wars is worth money especially right now.

3 weeks later
#16398 2 years ago

His name has come up a few other times I think he’s a local “flipper” I don’t know if he collects. I’ve never heard of him outside of these claims.

#16419 2 years ago

FYI my buddy Dave just listed his Shaq on CL honestly looks better in person.

1 week later
#16437 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I liked the Professional Mime looking for a pinball machine.
Thankfully it wasn't an amateur mime.

Holy cow tempests are going for 5500?

#16479 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Does someone have some underwear to spare? I’m looking to test how well it streaks. I promise to give it back.
Or do you recommend I go buy some to test on my own?

I thought you were only interested in socks?

#16507 2 years ago

If CL had a forum….

#16522 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I've got some project games I looking to move along.
2 Sinbad EMs
Genesis
Skylab
Let me know if you're in the mood for some projects.

PM me with some more info please. Would like to add these to our lineup for our open houses.

2 weeks later
#16592 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

If I go through with the buy, standard glass will be $35 and widebody glass will be $40

If you do any of the super wide body like Stellar Wars, future spa etc I’d take a few sheets

#16642 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

LOL...wtf is happening?
Ahh good old Pinside being Pinside.

Right? I log in late today to see the MN/WI thread with the flame icon and glad to see we didn’t have any bad breaking news.

Quoted from cavalier88z24:

So we can post crappy you tube videos, but no pictures of pinball machines??? Got it

Technically we are still under the “for sale” sub forum so that’s the sub forum rules. I honestly don’t know why that is but there definitely appears to be a story behind it.

1 month later
#16793 2 years ago

Thinking of trading my TZ for EHOH if anyone out there thinking the opposite of me. Has upgraded speakers otherwise stock. Really nice cabinet no security bar drilling. No battery damage and did I mention serial numbers match on the boards? LED clock board.

Been trouble free since I’ve had it and cared for by pinballplusMN

2nd and 3rd place for me would be Tron or CV. I love TZ only reason I’m willing to give it up is an early one in storage.

#16818 2 years ago

Good to see you around again MustangPaul

1 month later
#17046 2 years ago

I used to have a travel time. You can stop the clock too I think right? It’s like an EM safecracker.

3 weeks later
#17162 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

It says new board in the post.

I wonder if new molex too. Replace the boards and most of the time you’ve only solved half the problems with system 1.

#17165 2 years ago

Good for you!
Congrats!
Too bad you can't share some photos.

ChrisPINk25 you should post on the “what machine did you bring home” thread

3 weeks later
#17232 2 years ago

What a strange day for weather. Mid December and I didn’t have to put on any jacket in the afternoon. Fog in the morning staying all day even when I drove home. Was going to do another site tonight but going to call it now with what’s coming to town thanks LTG

1 week later
1 month later
#17399 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/zc7wx-stephen-kinderman-medical-bill-fund
Figured I would share this. I wasn't aware of this until now. I heard he was ill but not too many details. Steve always does nice work. We would always refer mechanical repairs to him and people were more than satisfied. Reading the description is pretty heart breaking about his service call.
He is a pretty good stand up guy.

I’ve known Steve for many years sold him EMs I couldn’t get working back when I didn’t know what I was doing. Great guy always paid asking price. Met his son too as a helper for moving games. Terrible news. Cancer always seems to find the least deserving people….it’s taken a lot of my family members over the years.

#17403 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A customer gave me a new sign for the window. A big pool table triangle with 15 balls. 29 inches high.
Looks amazing. Setting in the window right now. I'll need a little help to hang it.
What a great day !

Post pics in the window thread

1 week later
#17448 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

You’re killing me with these classic Sterns John!

Do it!

The playfield is in pretty good shape and my friend can laser cut those drop targets. He just made me some for my Big Ben. Actually the ones on “pinball” are all good.

Plus it’s the pinball machine from Home Improvement which is one reason I almost bought it.

#17479 2 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

I cant post a picture for some reason

No pics allowed in the region subforum

3 weeks later
#17533 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Looking for a Metallica premium

Mine isn’t for sale but it is on free play

#17543 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Anyone from the Twin Cities metro area headed towards Sioux Falls any time soon? I have something I need picked up there.

Is it a machine? My coworker lives in SF and makes trips to the cities often including next week. Downside is our vehicles are usually packed up wouldn’t be able to fit a game.

1 week later
#17584 2 years ago

Got my captain fantastic posted for trade in the cities if anyone is interested. Got an offer in WI that seems tempting but a little bit of a drive so will see what the metro holds.

2 weeks later
#17622 2 years ago

Who ate the most chocolate?

That and too much food.

#17649 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Just letting everyone know that I got word that Steve Kinderman from Old School Pinball has passed away. He was a pleasant guy and a good EM tech. He would always follow up with the customer after doing a restore and really had a passion for the hobby.

Sad to hear this. I sold Steve several EMs over the years. Always pleasant and more of a friendship than doing business with him.

1 month later
#17754 1 year ago

Counterforce is a really great game! Love mine. No need for a volume pot I recommend maximum volume.

2 months later
#18017 1 year ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

Sorry Jason, but as soon as I realized it was you, I was on to the next buyer. Your name is well known to Twin City pinball collectors as a weirdo, time waster. The game is sold and has been picked up. Everything is gone. I had fun with the hobby and met a ton of really great guys around town the last several years. I wish you all happy flippin’.

Sorry to see you go hopefully we’ll see you around sometime!

#18040 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

LMAO!
I am weird af, guess I found out some pinball people view being called a weirdo as a negative thing, call me a weirdo and I will smile all day long. It is like a badge of honor to me

The scary part is compared to me you seem relatively normal.

3 weeks later
#18119 1 year ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

I have a friend who volunteers at the Ronald McDonald house in Rochester, and they have a Transformers pinball machine that needs some help.
Missing balls, and other little issues.
Anyone here know who would be a good person to ask if they can look at it?
Thanks for any tips.

I drive by there almost every week. Send me a PM when you get a chance.

3 weeks later
#18190 1 year ago

Well since I can’t post pictures.

I got mugged.

What a blast!

#18194 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

hahahha. hope you had fun! did you get some cheese?

No but I did get a high score! I’ll post video tonight

#18196 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Didn't you stay for the ribs?

Unfortunately my work day isn’t done I was able to get a good hour in there though. I imagine it’s going to be crazy in there tonight it was quite busy already for 2:00ish

#18222 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Only 3,650 days to my 60th Anniversary party.
Plan now.

Damn it’s on a Monday.

I’ll bet you get a great turnout for your 70th since it’s on a weekend.

#18224 1 year ago

Is my Dr who score still standing? pinballplusMN seemed determined to knock it down one. Then I’d be 0 for 2. He’s GC at my house and didn’t even touch the mini PF.

2 months later
#18450 1 year ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The tourney was last week... did they add a new one today?

I’m told by DavidLee the calendar was wrong about last week. Neither of us went today I normally don’t go out at all

1 week later
#18512 1 year ago

I got a little bit of a laugh seeing their referencing the top 100 on pinside. Seeing how the top 100 discussions go over on pinside I'd love to be a fly on the wall there when someone there pulls out the list and has a chat with the staff. I don't know why but I see this happening.

2 weeks later
#18554 1 year ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

Guessing he means BBB

That’s what I thought too. I’d say sure he can have all the Illinois games.

(Since it’s a capcom)

#18579 1 year ago
Quoted from t_robertson:

I spoke with him a year or so ago and he said he only focuses on playfield swaps and bigger jobs.

He’s been completely slammed the last few months too with the “inside weather” and people wanting their games working for holidays.

As LTG said it doesn’t hurt to leave him a message.

1 week later
#18646 1 year ago

On a related note aren’t there some championship tournaments this weekend or next? I don’t usually follow competitions much.

1 month later
#18859 1 year ago
Quoted from roffels:

Thank you, that's really kind of you. I'm going to see if anything local works out, someone else here was kind enough to offer to check in with a person they work with. I don't have a car, otherwise I'd be on my way to Prescott already!

I have to be in Minneapolis tomorrow I could pick up. I see JohnTTwo not as often as I should so it would be a good excuse to see him again soon.

#18896 1 year ago
Quoted from Keylime:

Hello!
I am in the process of purchasing a Stern "Stars" from 1978. The PF and mechanicals look awesome. The cabinet and coin door do not. Does anyone make reproduction cabs and coin doors anymore? It would be so fun to have a "near new" game from 1978. I checked for coin doors on ebay, marco and pinballlife but I couldn't find anything. I understand it's very old but I figured something would be out there. I just don't know where to look!
Thanks in advance!

http://pinballpimpstencils.com/stars/

Grab a set of these. I did 3 last summer from this company and hope to do another 4 this coming summer if you want to drop by and check out the process.

#18910 1 year ago

Anyone want to share his/her opinions on this latest deluge of new releases?
I've been following along, reading threads, watching "featurettes," poring over reveal photos (when available), and even play testing a title or two.
If I had to rank them by my level of interest...
7. Multi-Morphic's Final Resistance
6. Spooky's Scooby-Doo
5. Stern's Bond 60th
4. AP's Galactic Tank Force
3. JJP's The Godfather
2. Stern's Foo Fighters
1. CGC's Pulp Fiction
These rankings will very probably get switched up after I've had the chance to try them all - whenever that will be - but this is where they land today.

I haven’t played close attention to new stuff since I don’t really play on location or buy NIB but off of license we are pretty much in agreement except pulp fiction. I’d move bond up even though I didn’t like the game but didn’t see it with the new software.

#18917 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Problem is a seller wants money to buy a new pin. Buyer that has the money wants the new pin too.
Strange market out there right now. Unless you have a desirable title or blow out pricing.

That’s when I go upstairs and play some Target Pool and 8BD and call it a day. They can release 20 games and I’m still having a good time.

1 week later
#18967 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Ha! Several years ago BangerJay acquired a bunch of glass and we ended up tossing most of it. I bet that garbage truck struggled to empty that dumpster.

pinballplusMN and I had so much of it last year I must have taken 40 sheets or more to the county recycling center. Somewhere I have a video with them lined up 20x2 and hammering them from the top edge.

The interest is generally low but Dan_Halen I might have a couple more if you are still in need.

1 week later
#19012 1 year ago

Wasn't that the year of blizzard?

That’s a good question. I’d have to check one of my games in storage position it still has the MGC sticker on it. I remember coming back to MN on Sunday didn’t go more than 40-45mph all the way back at best. I think you’re right though.

I remember the line to the loading dock starting right away in the morning as people saw what was coming.

At least this year the temps are warm so the roads are clearing up really fast. Safe travels to everyone.

2 weeks later
#19133 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

Got a local MN guy making me a Wedgehead back door. He said he could do a batch if the first one works out well, if anyone is in need.

Which style? There are two, one with the "tabs" the you can see and ones you can't see when the door is installed. The ones you can see has a smaller tab at the bottom. I bet one could be designed to fit both styles.

1 week later
#19211 12 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

But what about those wonderful TV / VHS combos?

I have one of those! …..it doesn’t do a good job of either….either.

Course it’s pretty old.

1 week later
#19265 11 months ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

Anyone know of a place in the twin cities where I can physically go buy Novus 1/2? I’m out and need some asap.

Most automotive places should have them. I think Novus is a local company to us so probably good odds.

1 week later
#19397 11 months ago

I’m glad I suck enough at pinball to not have to consider which tournament to go to

I went to a couple when covid wrapped up and realized how rusty I was and figured I’ll leave it to the experts and keep my head under the playfield

2 months later
#19729 9 months ago
Quoted from brobra:

That’s a screaming deal on a ball bowler….

Until teleportation devices are invented I’m not buying any more bowlers.

2 weeks later
#19831 8 months ago

If whoever gets that laser war is on here I’d like to scan one of the plastic pieces please. Mine is missing one.

#19833 8 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

We have one in the family. I can't get to it right away but I can get you a scan. What piece do you need?

Just the yellow bank standup target one right in the middle. Looks like 2 nut/caps and it comes right off. There’s no rush the game is in storage position probably until next year.

2 weeks later
#19898 8 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Tried like hell with Stern to get a Venom but wasn’t in the cards for this specific time period."

I’m not really one to follow/play the latest stuff but usually in this thread there’s some buzz about new titles being placed in the cities….but it seems like no action at all in the twin cities with Venom which seems odd.

1 week later
#19938 7 months ago

If I ever need to sell a game I’m hiring Jason_Jehosaphat to write the ad.

#19946 7 months ago

Thanks, but what "ad" do you see of mine? I posted a courtship announcement for a fair maiden currently in the service of the Earl of Sussex. I could certainly write you one of those if/when the occasion arose. We castle stewards wear many hats!
Now, let's read about local sightings of the new Venom! Anyone?

No ad of yours, you’re just much better than me with words on paper.

1 week later
#19978 7 months ago

If anyone local wants to ship/ store a backglass or playfield I have some leftover shipping materials. I posted a picture in my thread. Otherwise they will go out with recycling next couple of weeks.

1x of:

Wade playfield carton
Ron Webb backglass carton
CPR backglass carton for early SS BLY glass
Shay backglass carton this will fit those larger EM glasses and is filled with popcorn

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/getting-organized-with-ejs-and-little-johnny/page/13#post-7761344

#19996 7 months ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

Happy Anniversary! Wondering if you recall any of what was in your original pin lineup?

Regardless, there should be some pictures on his web site of the EM/ pong days. Without even looking I remember there being a World Series or grand slam. I’m not sure what year that was though.

#20000 7 months ago

Just need a few games to recreate the SS Billiards original lineup.

Currently restoring one

One in my front closet

Quoted from LTG:

Magic Carpet

Played it

Quoted from LTG:

Pro Football

Shopped one

Own it

Own it’s AAB Dimension

Quoted from LTG:

Jungle King

Have Jungle Queen (completely different game)

Quoted from LTG:

Williams Flash, Stellar wars

Have these

1 month later
#20135 6 months ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Does Anyone have any recommendations for a powder coat company in the twin cities metro that have done pinball parts?

A local video game restorer recommends Adrenaline Customs in WBL.

So last week I took a batch in for my Stars restoration. They should be done in about 2.5 weeks. Custom color on all the external metal and coin door etc a bit under $400

Minimum $100 per order so if you’re doing one color get your fill. I was thinking of doing a set of BLY legs refinished in the gray so it’s cheaper to get a set from Terry/PBL unless you have a stash of them you want to get done then maybe worth it.

They do have a LOT of colors to choose from.

I’ll post pics in my thread when the order is done.

2 weeks later
#20185 5 months ago
Quoted from isJ:

Looking for a Stars if anyone happens to know of one in need of a new home.

I’ll have a used playfield that’s pretty good if you ever wanted to tackle a scratch build. Probably one of the easiest to do.

#20201 5 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

No, they never sent me the Prize Package so unless it shows up sometime in the future, I guess we won't be having one for Venom.

I think the last launch party I was at was when Avatar first came out.

But.

I did look on sterns site per their “find a launch party near you” and it looks like there’s one in Chicago or something like that. Nothing closer. Seems odd.

#20218 5 months ago

I know there’s a lot of locals in here looking for a Stars.

One just popped up on pinside for $2000 looks like new boards and nice playfield. Cabinet seems “good enough”.

Downside is it’s in TN but seller is willing to ship. I don’t know the seller nor have any connection to this sale. Just saw it come through.

1 week later
#20314 4 months ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

Huh, “riff raff”…
I wonder what that could be code for? Hmm…

Not sure. Could be in reference to what was discussed on the previous page about locations are opting for card readers? (theft, vandalism and robbery).

#20317 4 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

Is that why they are doing it - Theft/vandalism/robbery? Here I thought it was convenience to the ops. And so they could “roll out special deals” to people on certain days.
So then which locations have card readers today again and where are they? So they are in these so called “high crime” areas of the Twin Cities then? Very interesting.

I have no idea. I’m not a location or an operator. I don’t play games on location much so I have no idea who has card readers, tokens, or quarters. I’m just looking at was what discussed here recently.

#20323 4 months ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Nope I only know where I see signs of riff raff like graffitti, and theft that happens to my friends and family no expert. No idea about your last comment though.
My apologies if I somehow offended you

Hell I was about to talk about my confrontation at a pinball spot a few months ago minding my own business but after reading this page I think I’ll just keep my mouth shut here now…and probably for awhile.

1 week later
#20364 4 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check if WIX put their copyright mark on any of it.

Good thought.

Since I’m the person who took the pictures for John’s site I have the originals but probably can’t prove it. Other than any “game specific” uniquenesses from the machines owned by John or myself.

What’s funny is you can see the LOTR backbox keys still hanging in one picture. Oops

Hell my initials are on another of it.

They can keep the picture of the old dude and kid with a red jacket. That’s a public domain stock photo.

4 months later
#20725 32 hours ago

Friend of mine (non pinsider/ collector) has a DE:SW, his only game, looking to sell/trade for Scooby Doo CE

I haven’t seen pictures yet but supposedly excellent shape and has mentioned the following:
“has the color DMD installed. The original display is also still in the box and working. Has a few ships added to the playfield like Millennium Falcon, Xwing and Tie fighters. Everything is working. Only one previous owner.”

Happy to give a kickback to pinside for anything from here resulting in a trade or sale. PM me if you’d like more info and can set you up with him. Not playing middle man just helping someone out. Located NW side of the twin cities.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EJS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=EJS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.