1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DanQverymuch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9108 7 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Hey guys, is there any good locations with multiple pins available for play in ne wisconsin? Either bars or pizzacades or something similar? All i know of is a couple in madison.

Not as such, but if you buddy up to some of the local collectors there are several with large, awesome collections in their basements!

1 month later
#9197 7 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

New Minnesota member here - been dreaming of picking up my first pin for a long time now! I'm a 2 channel audio addict (in case anyone ever wants to trade a pin for high-end audio gear ) and a little worried that the pinball could become an addiction as well - I can tell this forum feeds that! Anyway, I'm in the process of finishing my basement and adding my first pin - glad to be here!

Welcome to your new addiction! You will need to make some adjustments from your audiophile mindset. You will need to realize that more expensive isn't necessarily better, and that different pinballs have actually discernable differences that aren't all in your head!

Oh, and that unlike some audiophiles I know, the world of pinball is rife with kidders!

4 weeks later
#9338 7 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Wow... just wow...
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Ho use only?

7 months later
#10177 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Still looking for a El Dorado. . . . . . . . . . .

You and Sir Walter Raleigh!

I know of one near me, but it's an "adult party store." Probably not what you or Walt had in mind!

2 weeks later
#10265 6 years ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

The seller told him that someone had already paid him for it and the caller persisted to offer $4000. Some people are just clueless and inconsiderate.

If it were me selling, I'd have told him all right, you talked me into it, and proceeded to give an address in the middle of nowhere, followed by blocking his phone number.

5 months later
#10943 6 years ago
Quoted from liftmagnet:

Looking to start building a collection, and would be interested if someone has a RBION that they wouldn't mind parting with.

Machine - Wanted
Wanted: Ripley's Believe It or Not!New!Wanted! “Looking for one local-ish to pickup.”

Did you see the one on Madison's CL?
madison.craigslist.org link

#10952 6 years ago

Happy to be of help!

4 months later
#11464 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Neo in WI is great! Idk where he lives in WI though

Burlington.

http://www.pinballplayfieldrestoration.com/

1 year later
#12917 4 years ago

Looking for a Pro Star Trek, Walking Dead, or GOT. Or a LOTR. I'm in Neenah.

#12935 4 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Looking for a Pro Star Trek, Walking Dead, or GOT. Or a LOTR. I'm in Neenah.

My pinball need has been fulfilled, Chris (Jediturtle) has sold me his sweet ST Pro, thanks Chris! Loving it!

Looks really great with a sheet of Invisiglass in it!

3 months later
#13209 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Games sell best the minute tax returns come out.

ReFUNDS, silly. The return is what you send in!

#13244 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Where are you located?

Even more importantly, where is your dad located?

1 month later
#13469 4 years ago

MikeS has it handled below. *shrug*

2 weeks later
#13530 4 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Hey all!
Just wanted to give a shout out to rustylizard for selling me a very nice Jokerz!
Perfect transaction, and all around nice guy!
Thank you very much!

Russ is good people. We're gonna miss him at the Fox Cities league this year, and his eclectic selection of pins when he hosted.

2 months later
#13813 4 years ago

USPS will normally pick up as well... dunno if that's changed.

1 month later
#14004 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

oshkosh had an arcade?

Yeah, I live just north of Oshburg and this was the first I'm hearing of it!

Quoted from northvibe:

Really? As of Today everything in WI should be allowed to open per the WI judicial system. from my understanding.

Local jurisdictions still have say, and many are continuing lockdowns in varying degrees, despite the wrangling at the top valuing money over life...

2 weeks later
#14170 3 years ago

Excessive force is nothing new, we just got video of it this time.

That being said, rioting is never a proper response. Protesting, yes, but not burning and pillaging.

Though it does let off steam, like the bonfire on that one episode of MASH. Doesn't excuse it however. How can they not see their actions reinforce negative stereotypes? Two wrongs don't make a right and all that?

Still, can the average pinball enthusiast even imagine himself in the plight of the racially oppressed?

#14259 3 years ago

I still think you should also have a set place to put a head shot on your profile, besides as your avatar if you choose to do that.

#14261 3 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

My avatar and head shot are almost the same anyway.

True, true. Mine too!

#14265 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

the similarities are remarkable.

... in a strange way!

3 weeks later
#14402 3 years ago
Quoted from Jethrodog:

Lifelong Sconni here.

Odd, I've never heard this term before. Googling it just returns a restaurant in Schofield. Adding an "e" seems to be the usual spelling, but regardless, it's a new one on me. Not crazy about it either...

1 month later
#14533 3 years ago
Quoted from Hairball:

Popping in here to introduce myself. New to the forum, and as of last weekend new to owning a pin! I already have a feeling that number two won’t be far behind...

Welcome, and as long as you like playing, number two won't be far off, that is correct.

One is just basement bar decoration. Non-pinheads need just one to go with their pool table and dart board they'll rarely use either.

But a player gets bored with one. Depends what game, of course, but one craves variety.

It is possible to hold at two, I can say from experience. I had just two from 1992 to 2008. Then the dam burst! (But 36 is back down to 12 anyway... hard to keep so many working!) (Waiting on #13, R&M!)

You picked the best hobby, have fun!

1 month later
#14762 3 years ago

Eww, don't use masking tape.

Unless you are about to paint something, masking tape is never the answer. It's only good for two things: masking while painting, and pissing people off in the future.

1 month later
#14900 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Looking for an ac/dc if anyone is looking to move one locally

Lake St?

#14902 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Not sure I follow other than a street in Minneapolis lol

Bad joke, internet says there are hookers there...

1 month later
#15266 3 years ago

Who needs a cheap Escalera?

I rigged up a winch to move games up and down my basement stairs, so I don't need to keep my Escalera around any more.

I don't really want to ship it, so I'll put out a feeler here first.

Pro: Cheap! How does 1/4 of new sound?
Con: It's a beater. Bought used from a copier place. It's not going to win any beauty contests. Must have taken some good jolts in its previous life.

Pro: Recent new battery
Con: Missing one of two drive chains. I always figured it's the 700 lb model so one chain is still good for 350, enough for a pin. I've been using it this way for over ten years, does the trick. But you can always order a replacement if you prefer.

Pro: Includes big wheel attachment (I think it was that, I have to dig it out, I always left it off...)
Con: This model should have two straps; this only has one.

Let me know if you have any interest. I'm in Neenah, south of Green Bay.

Added over 3 years ago:

Update: sold, thanks Mike!

1 week later
#15353 3 years ago

Hey guys, letting you know that I have said adios to my Escalera. Thanks for the interest.

Donation made to Pinside!

2 weeks later
#15503 3 years ago

Hope everyone, despite covid, is having a cool yule!

3 months later
#16018 3 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

before I say something stupid.

Like announcing a drain? Too late.

1 week later
#16050 3 years ago

Noble, perhaps, but it causes more consternation than can be offset by the off chance of someone cruising up to M/SP while reading Pinside.

That's what live updates on Google Maps is for.

4 weeks later
#16125 2 years ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

Soft solder (lead/tin for plumbing or electrical) is not structural.

If only! If I had a nickel for every broken solder joint near a solenoid I've repaired...

----------------------------

Incidentally, I'd be interested in a T2, Dr Dude, RBION, Road Show, or Black Rose if anyone has one and isn't asking new Stern Pro prices.

2 months later
#16499 2 years ago

If any of you fellow Wisconsinites are interested, I am thinking it may be time to let my personalized license plate go, I've had it for 30 years.

What does it say?

PINBALL

So as I understand it, there is no way to "give" it to someone in particular. When I renew and change back to "modesty" plates (as opposed to "vanity" ), the plate will go to the next person to request it.

It needs renewing in October. If someone wants to try and coordinate our individual renewal requests to better their odds, hit me up and we can try to time it so yours goes through soon after mine. Not a sure thing, but if you were to renew before me, it wouldn't work for sure!

With everything online now, we could probably narrow it down to a couple days and create really good odds, I would think. Unless the old plate still isn't released until the next month, hadn't thought of that. Someone really interested could call down to Madison and try to find out.

Why not keep it, you ask? Well, I'm twice as old now, and driving an Audi I get enough crap from drivers who of course have no idea that I'm not rich, I bought it with settlement money from my wife's wrongful death suit. Doesn't help that the new Q5s look pretty much the same as my 2012. And of course having a very memorable plate makes me nervous about future retaliations for god knows what out of the blue. If I was driving a beater I wouldn't worry.

My paranoia is your opportunity! And I just think it would be cool to know who winds up with it!

#16504 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

So you're not just abrasive on Pinside?

How is that comment not abrasive? Hypocritical much? Thought we were all friends here.

I have little patience for fools. If you find that abrasive, what does that say about you?

#16506 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

I never said I wasn't abrasive. I'm abrasive as fuck sometimes. Just ask Hilton. How is me asking you if you are abrasive outside of Pinside hypocritical?

Do you still beat your wife? Yes or no.

Isn't answering impertinent questions fun?

#16510 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

And you say future retaliations come out of the blue. No wonder you have change your plates.

Didn't say they "do." Also never said I did anything to cause them, beyond driving a new looking Audi. Scratching my head just how to go about being an "abrasive" driver in the first place. The wife beating classic is well known as a gotcha question, just like the one he asked me to start all this off. After me being nice about letting my plate go!

Folks, Ken thinks me ribbing UFO and ghost believers is abrasive. I think it's hilarious. But he went for the cheap shot here of all places and I wasn't taking it lying down.

Ken, okay, was I supposed to say I drive like a dick or what? I come from a poor family, we never drove anything but old used cars, so I noticed pretty quickly when I got the Q5 that any little whoopsie that we all make driving is considered a deliberate asshole move when you're driving a new luxury car, possibly especially so if it's an Audi from what I hear. And I'm getting old, I don't need to worry, like old people tend to do, about someone remembering my plate after I was in their way or whatever once. And I already conceded that it was probably paranoia!

My fault due to TMI, sorry everyone.

#16519 2 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

Yes you can "transfer" them. You write up a letter telling W DOT that you are giving PINBALL to whomever. They then take that to DOT and apply. I've done the reverse a couple times.
I do this with aircraft tail numbers as well. If anyone is interested, I have the rights to N1265... Like 1265 Lombardi....

Interesting, I couldn't find anything about any such process online. Thanks!

Okay, so who wants it? And how badly?

Remuneration would be a good enough reason to give it up, forget what I said about fear of road rage. And by the way, I'm generally an excellent, courteous driver... When your wife dies in a freeway accident, it tempers your own driving henceforth.

3 weeks later
#16617 2 years ago

Where do I thumbs up a modified thread title?

#16657 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Woah! Are you saying the real estate market will crash in 80+ years? Are pinball machines the currency of the future?

See? It's easy to transpose numbers or letters. The correct spelling is "whoa."

#16659 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Sorry to try having some fun.

So was I. Not sorry though. You made fun of an actual accidental transposition. So clever! I already saw the things you quoted, when I made sure "woah" was an actual error before calling you on it. And it is an error, and it is a transposition, if not an accidental one here, as they are the right letters in the wrong order.

Errors that become common usage due to enough ignoramuses misspelling them are the worst kind of new words. Still, I only bothered criticizing "woah" because you criticized "2105."

Maybe we should start pronouncing Noah "no"?

Better outroll you, too, I guess?

4 weeks later
#16755 2 years ago

Do you list your pinballs on the automotive forums, too?

#16759 2 years ago

Fine, leave, then we won't have to waste time reading future ads for other impertinent things, or suffer your whining when you get a deserved heckle. I mean, really, what do you think the odds are that someone is looking for that particular engine, is in your vicinity, and reads a pinball forum? Posting that here was beyond inane. And my response was in a humorous vein, not at all nasty.

Grow a pair.

#16767 2 years ago

I'm just going to stop commenting on stupid posts here, people take it too personally in this regional thread. My bad. We should all be friends here.

7 months later
#17748 1 year ago

I'm ready to let my Star Trek Pro move along, since I rarely play it any more.

I bought it from Chris @jediturtle, who added a bunch of cool but tasteful mods and dialed it in, after he got Stern to replace the playfield. Nicest ST Pro you are likely to find!

The most notable mod is the NLA Aurich translite package.

I have added side mirror blades, but otherwise it's the same game he sold me.

To save time, I'll refer you to his archived ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/83308

But of course I'll send pics of the current condition if you want to see it before making a trip, e.g. if you're not that close to Neenah. I could possibly also deliver or meet halfway if that works, depending on the distance involved.

It is presentable but I haven't gone nuts cleaning it for sale. Plays great, though, and works 100%!

Asking $6000 obo, not in a huge hurry to sell though, so any lowballs will have to wait.

Will donate to Pinside if it sells as a result of this post.

1 month later
#17859 1 year ago

I'm ready to let my Star Trek Pro move along, since I rarely play it any more.
I bought it from Chris Jediturtle, who added a bunch of cool but tasteful mods and dialed it in, after he got Stern to replace the playfield. Nicest ST Pro you are likely to find!
The most notable mod is the NLA Aurich translite package.
I have added side mirror blades, but otherwise it's the same game he sold me.
To save time, I'll refer you to his archived ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/83308
But of course I'll send pics of the current condition if you want to see it before making a trip, e.g. if you're not that close to Neenah. I could possibly also deliver or meet halfway if that works, depending on the distance involved.
It is presentable but I haven't gone nuts cleaning it for sale. Plays great, though, and works 100%!
Asking $6000 obo, not in a huge hurry to sell though, so any lowballs will have to wait.
Will donate to Pinside if it sells as a result of this post.

Still hoping a local will want my Star Trek Pro, I've only listed it here in this thread so far, last chance!

At this point I am open to any and all offers. Need to fund my Rush which is being built in July!

1 week later
#17885 1 year ago

ST Pro has sold, donation to Pinside made.

Thanks, Aaron (aaron6920 )!

2 months later
#18197 1 year ago

Thinking of selling my FunHouse (with real DiamondPlate pf) and/or Stargate, please PM if interested!

#18221 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Only 3,650 days to my 60th Anniversary party.
Plan now.
LTG : )

Will do. I told myself I'd make it to your 50th but forgot to plan!

Congrats BTW!

3 weeks later
#18308 1 year ago

I have a set of Pinball Skates I never use, and if anyone near Neenah wants them (to save having to ship them) I'd let them go for $120 (they are $170 on jabetc.com). I'd be happy to deliver them, or at least meet you halfway, depending on how far from Neenah you are.

5 months later
3 weeks later
#19085 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

We are about 6 1/2 hours from the closest Waffle House.
Something wrong with that.
LTG : )

I concur. For those who have never been, this recent SNL short, one of the funnier ones of late, will give you a taste of what you can expect at a Waffle House...

1 week later
#19169 12 months ago

As Chris mentioned, I believe the time has come to move along my TWD Premium.

Pros: I added the mostly orange alt translite you can see on eBay (will include original too). Has a ColorDMD in it. Has the awesome alternate code with the great show callouts, known as the Cleland version.

Con: The crossbow usually works, although occasionally it acts up and I never got around to addressing it. It would be easier to fix if it ALWAYS acted up! (By acting up I mean the ball goes in but the game doesn't respond and ball search eventually launches it in a spazzy direction. Just needs fiddling with, I presume.)

I'm fond of quick, quiet deals at more reasonable prices and would rather sell without all the spiffing up and outrageous markup and waiting for an acceptable counteroffer. Doesn’t really need much spiffing up anyway.

I also could be tempted to pry loose my Stargate pin. 14 years owning it is probably enough. I'll never beat those high scores I put up when it was one of only two working pins I had back then!

Please contact me if interested! Sorry, not interested in trades at this time.

2 weeks later
#19279 11 months ago

Still looking to move my TWD Premium and/or Stargate. No trades, open to offers. Hmm, time to try FB Marketplace?

2 weeks later
#19479 10 months ago

Stopped at Stone Arch Brew Pub in Appleton to try out FooF. Had a heck of a ball one, won a game even, but then ball one never ended as the right outlane switch had the spinner target lodged under it!

And of course they don't have the keys so I had to wait around for ten minutes to get my two bucks back. Argh.

Seems like a fun game, though.

They also have a Deadpool, Ripley's, LOTR, and a remake Cactus Canyon of all things. Didn't try them, however.

1 month later
#19672 9 months ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I plan to stop at Stone Arch in Appleton tomorrow for lunch. The arcade info is hard to find. Is the pinball area open when pub is open?

Yes, it is. The pins have their own room at the end of the hall. But you probably figured that out yourself by now!

#19683 9 months ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Haven’t been there yet, what do they have for pins?

Foo Fighters Pro
Deadpool Pro
Ripley'sBION
LOTR
Cactus Canyon Remake

https://pinballmap.com/map/?by_location_id=20042

4 weeks later
#19855 8 months ago

Still willing to let my Stargate go, in case anyone's looking.

1 week later
#19882 8 months ago

Okay, my Stargate is officially for sale.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Stargate Archived
Functional - needs minor work - “It's the nicest looking Stargate I've seen. The guy who sold it to me 14 years ago told me he bought it after a short time being routed, whereupon it sat for years in his cabin up ...”
2023-10-06
Neenah, WI
3,100 (OBO)
Archived after: 39 days
Viewed: 858 times
Contributed to Pinside

1 week later
#19932 7 months ago

I might need to raise some quick cash this coming week.

Checking if anyone would be interested in my Rush Premium for $8500. Upgraded speakers, Red Barchetta mod, Exit Stage Left mod. Pretty low plays. Time machine repair seems to be holding up.

I would be crushed but I figure I want to upgrade to an LE someday anyhow.

Gauging interest since as things stand I will probably want to sell.

#19948 7 months ago

I might need to raise some quick cash this coming week.
Checking if anyone would be interested in my Rush Premium for $8500. Upgraded speakers, Red Barchetta mod, Exit Stage Left mod. Pretty low plays. Time machine repair seems to be holding up.
I would be crushed but I figure I want to upgrade to an LE someday anyhow.
Gauging interest since as things stand I will probably want to sell.

No nibbles? How about 7500 but I keep the mods for my future LE?

1 month later
#20064 6 months ago

Cool! A Lumberjack Johnny's Axe Throwing and Pinball Lounge location is opening in November at 2701 N. Oneida St in Appleton! It will be tied in with the Escape Room already next door.

The article in the Post Crescent says the lounge will also have a craft beer bar and a full kitchen. And 25 pins!

1 week later
#20116 6 months ago

It did, you just typed it before the closing blockquote tag.

Not that I blame you, the way the quote appears in the editor with lots of extra empty lines! I wonder if all quoted ads do that...

#20119 5 months ago

Would I have any takers for my Rush Premium at $7500?

#20137 5 months ago

the quote appears in the editor with lots of extra empty lines! I wonder if all quoted ads do that...

Apparently the answer to my question is yes. Two goofed up responses to quoted ads on this page.

#20143 5 months ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Thanks for letting us know.

Ditto.

2 weeks later
#20195 5 months ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

I might know of one, but at this point I’m just jacked to learn there’s a town named TRONville!

Happy you're jacked, but don't try to find it on a map!

There is a commune named Tronville in France, anyway...

#20213 5 months ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

The new Lumberjack Johnny's is now open in Appleton. 23 pins in the line up and they play great, along with a bar and food.

That's cool, I popped in a couple days ago and they acted like they didn't know when they'd be able to open.

2 months later
#20584 68 days ago

Looked for and didn't find a MGC 2024 thread on Pinside yet, with it being less than two months away.

Maybe someone involved could start one?

Not listed on the Events page either.

#20586 68 days ago

Thanks! I didn’t think to spell it out, I only looked for MGC. Silly me.

I had even seen it before, but with no activity in 12 days it scrolled off my recently read list.

And we still need a page under Events!

1 week later
#20611 59 days ago

Do like medical examiners do and put some Vicks under your nose? BO isn't the only thing to worry about...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DanQverymuch.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=DanQverymuch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.