1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BlueIrocGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6409 9 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Madison Pinball is excited to announce that the WWE Pro is now available for play out at Schwoegler's! Launch Party will be on Feb 21st starting at 11am. Hope to see some of you out there!

IMG_0983.JPG 224 KB

Rats! I was just there on Saturday night but missed out on the WWE! Had fun playing the pins (esp. Rollergames and AC/DC). Nice place and the machines are in great shape!

3 weeks later
#6489 9 years ago

Here's a grail pin for most people on msp craigslist right now...
Cactus Canyon and he knows what eBay wants for it!
Not sure if it's in a climate controlled environment, but anyways it's too rich for my blood...

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#6491 9 years ago

I think so as well on his 'asking' price. I'm more interested on what the condition of the pin would be, after going through a few years of the freeze-thaw cycle in an unheated storage locker (if that's where it's at) in Minnesota? Anyone had any problems with a game in long term, deep freeze storage? Inserts raising, rusting metal, etc...

2 months later
#7018 8 years ago

It looks like the Brunswick Zone in Brooklyn Park doesn't have pinball anymore? What's the story with that?

I'm also in the market for a STLE and/or a Fire!. If anyone has any leads, let me know! Thanks...

#7038 8 years ago

That blows that this place is closing. Yes, they had very good pizza and the family really enjoyed playing the nice ToM that was on rotation a while back. Hopefully some other local venue will put pins on location soon...

4 weeks later
#7125 8 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Kiss in the house! Marks game number 10 for us on the east side.

Very cool! I'll have to make a special trip to Sun Ray Lanes this week to check out the new lineup!

On a side note, we saw a NIB Kiss and Star Trek Pro getting dropped off at the Pinball Warehouse today, but both had already been sold... But hey, at least a couple more new pins in town!

#7127 8 years ago

Lol! Well, I guess that pin had a pretty good tour of the Twin Cities today! Like living out the real life of the band, non-stop on the road...!!

#7147 8 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

I'll be in the Duluth/Superior area for a wedding next week. Are there any locations around Fitger's or canal park to play Pinball?

The Chalet Lounge has Dirty Harry and a Rollergames. It's off of Highway 53, up by the airport...

3 weeks later
#7250 8 years ago

Hey guys,

We are just getting set to do our annual trek out to Oshkosh to take in Airventure for the week. Checking to see if any Wisconsinites had any pinball machines that they might want to let loose for a trip back to Minnesota. Looking for STLE, Fire! (I do a volunteer firefighting gig at home), wishlist, winter pin project with my boys, etc... Any other pinheads go to the Airventure show?

Thanks!

#7256 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I think that is the air show my friend suggested to go to while we are near there for the car meet.

^^^ The Iola car show? The EAA Airventure Airshow Fly-In Thingie goes on for a week with over 10,000 airplanes and 500,000 people attending. It's pretty awesome to see, with everything from homebuilt aircraft, commercial, military, helicopters, and one off designs (like Burt Rutan SpaceShipOne stuff). We've gone from anywhere to a day to a whole week and never seem to see everything. Well worth it if a person is into aviation even a little!

2 weeks later
#7334 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Gladiators is on route, I was flushing games from my home out.

Is your CSI getting flushed out as well? I need to make a beer run up to Duluth and would have room to haul back other things!

#7365 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The Space Station (no not the pin) will be flying over tonight 8/3/15 starting at 10:34 tonight and will be visible for 6 minutes, almost right over my house. From the northwest to the southeast. Check it out if ya can and if anybody has a good camera with a good zoom see if ya can get a picture of the bright light.

Nothing to be seen in Missoula, Mt tonight. Too cloudy/smoky around here today... Lots of porsches to look at in the hotel parking lot though... car club tour.

4 weeks later
#7485 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

FYI. I just looked at ye WCS94 on Craig's in Plymouth. Playfield has lots of wear that's touched up. No keys for the machine. He said he bottom dollar was $1800. I didn't even bother making an offer. I wouldn't have paid more than $1200 for it personally and I knew he wouldn't take that anyways.

Thanks for the info, the price looked pretty good till I saw your post. Time to pick up something else...

1 month later
#7633 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

That fire had the displays out last time I was there, people kept turning the game off and they kept turning it on.

I stopped by with a flashlight to check out some of the games today. The ones I was interested in were rough and pretty beat IMO. They play, but the three I put quarters in were doing the double ding at power up. Anyways though, the KISS LE they have was fun to play!

1 month later
#7855 8 years ago

They moved the thumbs up button to the bottom left side of the dialog box... for whatever reason.

2 weeks later
#7896 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have a handful of breweries here...wish they'd get some pins! May have to sweet talk some.

You need to put some of your pins at Fitgers or up in Burrito Union! Castle Danger looks like it has room for a couple in Two Harbors as well...

Just sayin', that maybe Waterworld wants to get near the water?!!

4 months later
#8418 8 years ago

I'm in the market for a Fire!, Road Show, Nascar, or Whirlwind. If anyone local or those going/coming to MGC might have one for sale, please pm me.
I also have a nice Bally Strikes and Spares that's available for sale/trade and could be brought to MGC as well.
Thank you!

4 months later
#8827 7 years ago

The Terminal 2 (Southwest, Sun Country, lesser airlines etc...) arcade was gutted out over a year ago. Terminal 1 is in a major remodel phase right now (federal and tax dollars being spent wisely), and the two arcades have been consolidated down to one by gate F9 with 3 pins and some video games. The current lineup is Mustang Pro, POTC, and a World Poker Tour with a sticky left upper playfield flipper as of last week...

1 week later
#8870 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Anyone local want to go in on some PDI glass? I'd like 2 sheets and with 4 or more it's $30 less per sheet and the shipping might be less too. PM me if your interested. If we get on the preorder list now we might get them by end of September before the real cold sets in.

I'm in for a sheet for my Metallica. It ain't free, but I figure I can try it out on some of my other pins to see if it's worth picking up more...

1 month later
#9026 7 years ago

On a sad note:

The last arcade in the Minneapolis airport closed up this past weekend. All pins and vids are out the door and gone. I think they are planning on expanding the size of the restrooms in this area. Progress? I think not... They may have not been the nicest machines in town but it was one of very few airports left to have an arcade. Bismarck, ND is the only other place I can think of right now that still has one with a couple of pins. Anyways, R.I.P. Pinball at MSP!

1 week later
#9079 7 years ago

Mustang LE for sale Twin Cities area. Excellent shape, no mods, plays great!

Machine - For Trade
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Excellent condition Huo Mustang LE pin for sale. Purchased NIB by owner, no issues, stock condition, great playing pin, just time to change the lineup. 6 ball multiball, all paperw...”
2016-11-18
Ham Lake, MN
Trade
Archived after: 60 days
Viewed: 1577 times

1 month later
#9153 7 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Anyone looking to move a Roadshow?

Sorry dude, you can't have mine yet! But you're still welcome to come over and play it. Good luck with the search and I'll let you know if I see anything...

1 month later
#9336 7 years ago

Better get a box of rubbers for that shooter rod...

1 month later
#9523 7 years ago

^^ There's always em stuff popping up on Craigslist... maybe some folks will have a greater leeway on price?

1 month later
#9622 7 years ago

I think Mortimers is being renamed Tilt, so it would be the same location.

5 months later
#10286 6 years ago

Looking for a used Super Chexx in Minnesota or western Wisconsin.
Yes, I saw the other ad, but looking for something a little closer!

Please pm me with any info you may have.

Thank you!

#10289 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

uffda, hard to find a chexx with that good of a price.....

Yeah, it looks like it.... Trying to help a relative find one, but maybe he should just look for a new Chexx or get a pinball machine instead!

2 weeks later
#10332 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Chris, you have a dolly of any kind? A dolly and a couple of "adequate" gents can handle it without too much problem. How tight of a turn is it at the landing? You say 180 degree turn, but is there enough room to stand the pin back up and turn it on the dolly?

Generally moving them down the stairs isn't too much of an issue provided you have enough room to do a turn at the middle landing. Shouldn't be too hard to get some local guys to help you out. Where are you in the twin cities? That way we can figure out who might be the closest to you to help if able.

#10338 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

No rush at all! Honestly, this weekend would be perfect - have some friends coming over Saturday late afternoon and it'd be nice to have them all setup by then. But if not, then like I said, whenever.

Hmm, I'm around this week till Friday and then it's up north for deer opener. I wonder if Scotty wants to make the trip up to Woodbury?

#10341 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I could possibly get up there Friday. What's your schedule Chris on Friday? If you can, and do come down Jim, bring your Roadshow

But then I'd have to go down to your house and help you move it into the basement!

#10347 6 years ago

I can't move them on Friday at that time as we are leaving around 1pm to go up north. Wednesday or Thursday would have a better chance of working for me this week.

Quoted from Fezmid:I could probably be home sometime after 4pm.

2 months later
#10676 6 years ago

I'll continue with the "we've got pins to move" tone of this thread lately!

I'm planning on moving out a Bally Playboy and a players SST shortly.

The Playboy has an alltek board, new legs, and a very nice backglass. Not bad for a '78 vintage chick!

Let me know if interested, thanks!

#10687 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

How bout a nice Roadshow and a nice EATPM for your WOZ?

Don't tempt me! I don't think the wife is ready to let it go yet, but time will tell...

1 week later
#10728 6 years ago

Does the sub come with it?

1 week later
#10779 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It actually is a pretty comprehensive guide to eating, entertainment and activities. I live here and I thought it was interesting.

Was this put in the paper or sold separately?

#10782 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It was a magazine that was included with the paper today. I'm not sure if you can get it separately.

Thanks! The wife found a pile of the guides at the local Cub grocery store. They were placed just inside the area where you grab the carts. Free to take without having to get the newspaper.

2 weeks later
#10815 6 years ago

Post #10798 has the pictures of the game.

2 weeks later
#10881 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

$800 for the pin, and $35 in supplies later... a fulling working torpedo alley

Did you buy the rest of the pins that were for sale?

1 week later
#10923 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Someone got a super deal if it was legit. Looked legit. I certainly would of made the short drive in a heartbeat for a free CP

Someday I'm going to be home when one of these deals pops up on Craigslist.

"May the odds be ever in your favor!"

1 month later
#11041 6 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Wow! That was some storm!
Just finished the driveway
and we got a solid 12-14"
here in bea-U-ti-ful
South St Paul, Mn
Anybody else wanna report how much you got?
How about Wi?

We were greeted with 16-17” in the driveway with 3 1/2’ drifts in front of the garage doors when we got home from MGC tonight. After an hour or so with the help of a snowblower and 3 teenage boys, we had it cleaned up with another inch of fresh snow down and more falling. It was kind of a nasty trip coming back from Milwaukee today. I can’t recall seeing more cars and semis in the ditches on a single trip before. We even got to watch a couple of accidents happen ‘live’ in front of us, which is always fun for the heart rate! Fortunately, all the folks we saw playing guardrail pinball, looked to be ok, just broken bumpers and delayed arrivals...

#11044 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I'll be in the Twin Cities on the 26th and looking to play IMDN Who has it on route?
Thanks

Quoted from LesManley:

There's 3 on route in the Twin Cities now. Caffetto's, Gameworks (Mall of America) and Tilt.

#11049 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Was that you I saw in the background on the Weather channel after they said for everybody to keep off the roads!

Only if you saw this go by in the background, otherwise it wasn’t us!
This was a stop in Hudson before crossing the border. We cleaned the front of the truck off at the Dells and it had completely iced over again. I had to make a quick visit to Casanova Liqours to pick up some growlers of 1919 root beer for the kids and some local Wisconsin milkshake IPA’s for dad. Also a collection of fresh brews from Three Floyd’s and Toppling Goliath somehow made it into the truck. Then we had to stop at the DQ at the bottom of the hill to get some Blizzards to celebrate spring!

357E1EC2-F069-4F77-8128-949AD058DAD9 (resized).jpeg357E1EC2-F069-4F77-8128-949AD058DAD9 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#11256 5 years ago

Does anyone know of a shop in the twin cities that sells a variety of stand offs? I need some for a pinball and a electronics project that I’m working on.
Thanks!

#11278 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Almost any computer place would carry some for motherboards etc.

Thanks for the tip! I found some stand offs at a place called PC Parts and Supplies in Fargo today. Cheaper picking this little stuff up than trying to have it shipped to me.

1 week later
#11320 5 years ago

We went on Friday to the show. It wasn’t too hot out and the crowds aren’t as bad as Saturday and Sunday.

893F21BD-C3EA-4975-BC36-3DB67F3C0CDA (resized).jpeg893F21BD-C3EA-4975-BC36-3DB67F3C0CDA (resized).jpeg8BADEF0D-CCCC-4359-BA47-1CAB047734B0 (resized).jpeg8BADEF0D-CCCC-4359-BA47-1CAB047734B0 (resized).jpegF7EED124-4B2A-4A57-80C6-76C64E66FEBB (resized).jpegF7EED124-4B2A-4A57-80C6-76C64E66FEBB (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#11448 5 years ago

We’ve made it every year to EAA Airventure for the last 25 years or so. Always a fun time even if it’s hot out. Camp for the week at Camp Scholler, hang with college aviation buddies, drink lots of beer, check out airplanes, have fun with the family...

We always stop at Ratch and Debs in Oshkosh for pizza. Great stuff with a ton of cheese on it. They overdue it with the green and gold decor inside, but I guess it’s a local thing!

2 months later
#11828 5 years ago

Looking for a Williams Fan-Tas-Tic pin. If anyone know has any leads, please let me know!
- Thanks

#11830 5 years ago

I’m more concerned with the El Dorado and Atlantis posted on CL, wow....

7 months later
#12636 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Any EM restorers for hire in the Minnesota area? Maybe even willing to drive a decent distance to Wisconsin. Not looking for HEP type restorations, just looking to make a game playable and decently presentable. PM me directly if you have solid info.

Didn’t you have the NicoVolta experience? You should be a whiz at em games now unless you’re looking at a total basket case/project?

3 months later
#13030 4 years ago

Anyone on here pickup that Fire! In northern Minnesota? Was it in good shape?

#13033 4 years ago

I tried Sunday and Monday and heard nothing and then called again today when I saw it still posted. Left another voicemail and then the owner finally responded later to say they were sold. Price for a fire? I suppose sub 1k to 1.5 depending on condition...

1 month later
#13108 4 years ago

Looking for a JJPotc LE in the upper Midwest area and/or a Fire! pin.

Please let me know if you know of either becoming available.

Thanks!

Added over 5 years ago:

Open to any version of a JJPotc pin!

#13111 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:You shouldn't limit yourself to an LE IMHO. I've played both versions extensively and I ended up buying an SE.

Unfortunately I’ve never played an SE version of the pin, so I suppose at this point I’d be open to any model of the game. I guess I could have picked up your game, but I kind of shied away from it when it became available. My loss is definitely your gain. Give me a shout, if some day in the future you get tired of your JJpotc and decide to move it on! I’m sure it will have been well taken care of.

Quoted from lordloss:

I wonder how many made it to MN. They made 1000, I think 5 to 10 seem low?

I don’t think there would be much more than 10-15 in the state given the numbers made and how many went overseas. That being said, I know of a few folks on here that have them in Minnesota, but haven’t listed them in their pinside collections.

Anyone have a decent Fire pin they want to move out before we are into a full blown snowblower season?

1 month later
#13255 4 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

Does anyone in the Twin Cities area happen to have a pinball cover they're looking to sell? Looking for one for an 80's Bally standard machine. I'm trying to get it before Thanksgiving and my shipping date just got changed to the middle of December. Thanks!

Quoted from isJ:

Will this do the trick?

I wish you luck! I’ve been dealing with this joker up in Ramsey for the last two weeks. He keeps changing dates on when we can get together and then when the day comes, he goes MIA. He’s done this twice, I’m out... If you want a cover before the year is over, I’d avoid this Craigslist deadbeat...

1 week later
#13333 4 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:Going to be in the minni cities tomorrow night. If I only go to one place to play some classic pinball where should it be? By classic I mean not new sterns. Thanks
Quoted from beergut666:

Blainbrook Bowl

Blue Sun Soda Shop is close to Blainbrook as well. They have a selection of new and old pins. Also plenty of candy and soda (or pop!) for the kids and adults....

2 weeks later
#13380 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

We lose a location in Duluth ?
https://bid.auctionmasters.com/cgi-bin/mmdetails.cgi?amasters281/
Some nice pins.
LTG : )

Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

yeah, TacoArcada in Duluth closed.

I think they had more pins the last time I was there. Looks like they kept some out of the auction.

3 months later
#13909 4 years ago

Need to change the lineup a bit. Looking for a Sttng or DW. Can throw in a BSD or Ebdle towards the trade/deal if someone is looking for that or straight up purchase. Thank you

#13911 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Wife won’t let me even consider getting rid of dw. I’ve never played BSD, on the list.

Funny, it’s one of my wife’s favorites as well. It’s her go-to pin if she spots one in an arcade. Would like to get you guys over sometime after this covid crap passes by to flip some pins. Also owe Bohdi a visit as well!

3 weeks later
#13986 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

He's a good guy for sure, it's just most of his stuff is take it as is so some of it isn't for the faint of heart.

Is he the guy thats been posting the same circus stuff twice a day, over and over, for like years now? Along with a couple random em pins?

1 year later
#17483 2 years ago

What’s the status with the spring MGC show with regards to pinball? I know it’s happening, but haven’t seen the usual anticipation and hype that normally proceeds the event. Is Marco, Kingpin, or any other major pinball vendors planning on attending?

7 months later
#18293 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I haven't heard this, no. Borygard can repair them however. His rates are reasonable and his turnaround isn't terrible. He's in WY.

I’ve had Chris Hibler down in Missouri, repair a few boards for me in the past, including a whitestar. He does a nice job and I think the turnaround was pretty quick, less than 2 weeks?.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BlueIrocGuy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=BlueIrocGuy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.