1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AudioHaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9193 7 years ago

New Minnesota member here - been dreaming of picking up my first pin for a long time now! I'm a 2 channel audio addict (in case anyone ever wants to trade a pin for high-end audio gear ) and a little worried that the pinball could become an addiction as well - I can tell this forum feeds that! Anyway, I'm in the process of finishing my basement and adding my first pin - glad to be here!

#9198 7 years ago

Wow - thanks for the warm welcome, fellas! I love that there have been multiple comments about not being able to have just one pin - I might be in trouble. Looks like I should swing up to SS (LTG) sometime.

Ha - love the audiophile jab, too!

Regarding the space - it will be your typical L shaped basement. Part of it (16x20ish) will be for home theater / music and the other part (16x32ish) will be a bar area and game room. My plan was to add a 18ft shuffleboard table, pool/ping-pong, and a pin. I can't really afford all of that, though...so we'll see...maybe I'll need to sell more audio gear

In theory, fitting 2 pins won't be a problem - and I could dedicate a 16' wall to pins (5?) if the bug bites hard enough...though I can't imagine how I'd be able to afford. World Cup Soccer '94 is probably my top targeted game right now. Back to the Future and Star Wars (DE) are themes that I dig (though I understand not the ultimate players games). Who knows where this will take me!

2 months later
#9479 7 years ago

Wow! Congrats on the new pin!!!

1 week later
#9552 7 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I just wanted to drop in, say hi, and introduce myself as someone new to pinball! I've never done anything other than play pinball before, but since I just finished my home theater, I wanted to add a pinball machine (or two....). I just purchased a T2 a couple of weeks ago, it should be here next week, and I'm really looking forward to it! I've been to Sunray several times and love playing there; never made it to a tourney (don't think I'd be any good... yet?), but since I'm new to the hobby and know networking is important, I'm hoping to make it out there at some point! Unfortunately right now I'm a little gimpy since I had ankle surgery a couple of weeks ago (the narcotics helped reduce my financial concerns ), but once it heals up and I can walk again, I'll see if I can join everyone.
I'm sure I'll have questions going forward, and it looks like there's a great group of knowledgeable people here, so hopefully I won't come across as too much of a newbie.
Anyway, just wanted to say hi... so hi!

Welcome! We have a nearly identical story. I'm finishing my basement with a theater / 2 channel audio setup and added my first pin as well - and it was a T2! Crazy!

#9553 7 years ago

LTG ROCKS!

I just thought I'd drop a comment here after a great night at SS Billiards! I picked up my first pin a couple weeks ago and have been trying to get my brother-in-law into pinball as well. We decided to make a "quick" run up to SS Billiards to play a few games since it was the closest place to us - the quick trip turned into 3.5 hours. We had an absolute BLAST and LTG was a great host. No doubt we'll be back again

My favorite games of the night:
1. Attack from Mars
2. Hobbit
3. Medieval Madness
4. Twilight Zone
5. The Addams Family (tie)

It was also a treat to be able to play Big Bang Bar and Paxton Pinball!

My bro-in-laws favorites:
1. Walking Dead
2. Hobbit
3. Medieval Madness
4. The Addams Family
5. Twilight Zone

Thanks, LTG - keep doing what you do!

1 month later
#9701 6 years ago

I’d like to explore a different era of the hobby a little more so I’m on the hunt for some early solid state Bally’s – I may or may not have become a little obsessed

Here’s what I’m most interested in:
1. Embryon
2. Paragon
3. Skateball
4. Globetrotters
5. Fireball II
6. Elektra

Centaur and Fathom would be #2 & #3 on my list, but I’m not sure I’m ready for them yet. I might be open to other titles, but this is my short list at the moment.

Here’s what I could potentially offer in trade:
· Bride of PinBot 2.0
· Flintstones
· No Good Gofers
· 2 channel audio gear
· Cash

I’m open to just about any kind of trade +/- cash or straight up cash deal as well. Shoot me a PM or pass my contact info along to anyone you think might be interested.

IMG_3645 (resized).JPGIMG_3645 (resized).JPG
Side note: Fireball II is my brother in laws, but could be traded - Fish Tales isn't currently on the block. Other wants are: Metallica, Ghostbusters, Taxi. Happy to contribute to PinSide, too!

1 week later
#9757 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's retail prices. pros are still 4700-4800.

Quoted from lordloss:

Are those prices shipped?

I don't get this - I've "called around" and nobody will offer those prices...

#9759 6 years ago

The standard "street price" seems to be $5100 for a Pro (except Aerosmith $5200). But I've heard on several occasions now that $4700-$4800 is the number.

#9762 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

these were the numbers when metallica was first release, but since then Stern has had multiple price increases (and that includes older games). As a dealer i can tell you, that to sell a game at that price would end up with me closing that line of games. Maybe the "bigger guys" get a better price than i do, but at $4700-$4800 i wouldn't stay in business very long.
everyone who has dealt with me know that i am honest to a fault. you can get cheaper prices from the big guys, but when it comes to after the sale you are pretty much on your own. try calling some of the big guys on the weekend or after 5pm and see what help you get. most likely you will get a voicemail. look around you, look at the guys who are helping the pinball community with their time, donations, expertise, show presence, etc. those are the people you should be supporting. getting a great price is important, but when you run the other guys out of business by buying cheap who is going to have a booth at the shows? who is going to be sponsoring the launch parties? who is going to be there for you when you have a problem at noon on saturday and are having people over at 5pm? not the guys who are only in this for money. they are too busy not doing all of that.
this little venting session is not aim at one one person on this site, just in general. i bust my ass going to shows, printing material for events, sponsoring launch parties, all to have someone buy from another deal because they are $100 cheaper. there are a handful of guys out there doing this, but we are all overshadowed by the "cheap prices" from the other guys that benefit from what we do. some might say that i do what i do in order to make a profit. there is some truth in that. i wouldn't be in business to not make money (that is a charity, not a business), but at the same time, there is a lot less that i could be doing.
as a JJP, Spooky and Stern dealer, i can tell you that the "standard street price" is the minimum that i would be able to sell for. if you can get a nib metallica for less than that (and don't have a need for anyones support, knowledge, patients, etc) then grab it.
also remember the other things that come with price. for example, every JJP, Spooky or Stern game purchased from me automatically doubles your factory warranty. that is included in the price that i sell for, not an extra that you have to pay for. I also offer free shipping for the US Armed Forces personnel (past and present). that being said, i can not afford to match the big guys price AND give you free shipping, it's just not able to happen.
have a great day.
Christopher

Great stuff and I admire what you do! Having purchased what I would consider a pretty hefty order, though not a NIB game, from one of the "big guys" recently, it was an awful experience that left a bad taste in my mouth. So I applaud and appreciate the service you provide - I've heard nothing but great things about you...and I see you active here on the forum as well. Love it!

I wasn't trying to complain about pricing at all - it has just sort of bugged me when I see people out there saying $5100 is "retail" and if you pay more than that you're silly. Having never bought a NIB machine, I don't have a the experience or a relationship so it makes me feel like a bit of an outsider and has me second guessing how much one should truly be paying for a NIB game. Don't get me wrong, if there are guys out there that have been buying games for years at lower prices, I suppose they've sort of earned a bit of a price break.

Anyway - bringing it back to Minnesota / Wisconsin pinball goodness, I've stopped in to SS Billiards a couple of times after work for a few quick plays...always enjoy playing and hearing some of the latest news from Lloyd! Looking forward to him getting Dialed In! My brother-in-law and I went to Tilt list week and had a blast again!

Happy flippin' everyone!

2 months later
#9936 6 years ago
Quoted from twenty6point2:

These new machines are cool and all, but a bit pricey. Anyone within a couple hours of SE MN have an early SS machine they are considering parting with. Fixer upper is all right if the playfield isn't too bad.
I can't really say I have a collection if I only have one machine...
NOTE: Still working on convincing the wife I need a collection, so I also figured I'd say hello and help this thread get to page 200!

Welcome to the madness. I honestly have no idea how I amassed a "collection" after looking for just one pin, but it happened - be careful! I recently decided to try to get down to 2-3 pins...I'm not sure what kind of price you're looking to hit, but I've got a 1981 Bally Fireball II - amazing art package, real mirrored backglass, speech, multi ball, etc. 1000 Topper not included

IMG_3603.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_3603.JPG (resized).jpeg
It looks good in any lineup
IMG_4098.JPG (resized).jpegIMG_4098.JPG (resized).jpeg

#9955 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Stop in to SS Billiards in Hopkins and play them. See what you think.
LTG : )

+1 I've been in and played many times - honestly, I'd have a hard time choosing between the 2...a couple months ago I would have said AFM, but MM keeps growing on me more and more. Good luck with your decision and get out to see Lloyd @ SS! Side note: that big screen on AFM is BEAUTIFUL! Oh, and be careful...Dialed In! might end up eating some of your money

4 months later
#10581 6 years ago

I bought my first new Stern and am looking to open up some space in my game room for something different.

Centaur II + Paragon for 3900

I’d consider trades +/- cash for a nice foosball table, 6-6.5 ft Valley pool table, multicade, or possibly even Slugfest or Ghostbusters Pro

Make me an offer I can’t refuse?

EF96FD08-7B8D-48F7-BEB4-8D64E3C0FAA6 (resized).jpegEF96FD08-7B8D-48F7-BEB4-8D64E3C0FAA6 (resized).jpeg

44E6A0F7-4D75-4E22-AD67-6B7079D0BC0F (resized).jpeg44E6A0F7-4D75-4E22-AD67-6B7079D0BC0F (resized).jpeg

#10585 6 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

Centaur II + Paragon for 3900

One Day Fire Sale 3400 for Centaur II & Paragon

I have an opportunity to buy something else for my game room but only if I can get these 2 sold and out tomorrow

C (resized).jpgC (resized).jpg

#10604 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Great deal for someone. Did they sell?

Still available. Looks like I’ll be splitting them up since my day passed and the urgency is gone

2 weeks later
#10717 6 years ago

I've found a new home for Centaur II, any interest in a Paragon (1400) or Ted Nugent (1650) to a local MN pin head? Trade interests would be Slugfest, Skateball, Super Chexx, Ghostbusters, but I'm trying to make room for diversifying the game room a bit.

IMG_4544 (resized).jpgIMG_4544 (resized).jpg

IMG_4545 (resized).jpgIMG_4545 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#10855 6 years ago

Long shot, I know - but thought I'd throw it out here since the MN/WI community seems to always have their finger on the game room pulse! I'm looking for a Bonzini foosball table for my game room. Let me know if you know anyone that would consider parting with one

Bonzini B90 (resized).jpgBonzini B90 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#10895 6 years ago

Considering trading my Guardians of the Galaxy Pro for something different - if anyone is interested, shoot me a PM.

1 week later
#10928 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

A huge thanks to brenna98 and his fiancé for selling BTTF to me! Pinsiders are the best!

Agreed - Dave is the man!!! Sweet pin, man!

1 week later
#10957 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thinking about letting Wolverine go. Would trade for GOTG pro or maybe SM...

Machine - For Sale
X-Men (LE) WolverineNew!HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “Home use only, second owner Wolverine. Great condition all around and plays perfectly. Wolverine captive ball mod with original figure modified to fit. Shaker motor. Cliffy pro...”
1 day ago Plymouth, WI 5,300 (OBO)
Jediturtle

I'm looking to find a new home for my GotG - was hoping for a Ghostbusters, but I'm going to see if there is a place to play X-Men locally to see how I like it.

11 months later
#12358 5 years ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

If pre sold, and not sold elsewhere, I can bring BOP 2.0 conversion kit to MGC or available for pickup in Milwaukee area. Could ship if need to. 2500.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Dang - I miss my BoP 2.0 Such an under appreciated game. I was hoping this concept would take off of other potential games.

#12360 5 years ago

Sad face

1 month later
#12509 5 years ago

Anybody have or know if anyone that might have a 1975 Gottlieb Soccer backglass?

1 year later
#15813 3 years ago

WANTED: Looking for an early SS Bally "players" condition or something potentially worthy of a CPR playfield swap...or maybe even hardtop. Just love this era, especially drop targets...inline drops are addicting. I can offer a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles up as trade bait if it helps...otherwise high-end audio gear...or cash Shoot me a PM

Favorites:
Paragon
Skateball
Flash Gordon
Centaur
Globetrotters

#15816 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Don't rule out TNA if it's in the budget! Also a very fun game

I absolutely love TNA, but my brother-in-law has it...so we try not to double up on games...and he has a much higher budget than I do He also has EBD which is the only reason that isn't on my list as well. Great suggestion!

1 week later
#15850 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Looking for one of the following, with price listed for what I am willing to pay for a nice example....
Hot Wheels- $5500
Ninja Turtles Pro- $5300
Maybe a few other Stern Pros if the price is right.

I've got a Turtles Pro minty w/ 400ish plays...not really wanting to sell it, but any chance you have anything you'd consider trading?

#15852 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Player quality Simpson's pinball party?
That's about it unless you are looking for projects. I do have a super nice nba fastbreak with new cabinet decals... other than that, the lineup is pretty much cemented into the basement right now.

Projects? Tell me more...any early SS Bally's??? Shoot me a PM if you want to save this tread from a bunch of back and forth.

2 weeks later
#15944 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

If anyone is thinking of selling a gently used TMNT pro, let me know. I have a buddy looking for one. Thanks!

Any chance he has anything he'd consider trading...or trading plus cash? I have a minty TMNT Pro that I'd trade...I have a soft spot for early solid state Bally...but will keep an open mind.

#15980 3 years ago

Me again...I'm looking to trade my minty Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT). Ok trading down + cash. I put together a list of some ideas, but might be open to others. I love drop targets, especially in-line drops...and have a soft spot for early solid state Bally.

Newer: Ghostbusters, Star Wars Comic Art, TNA
DMD: World Cup Soccer
Mid 80's: PinBot
Early SS: Paragon, Centaur, Harlem Globetrotters, Skateball, Flash Gordon, Bobby Orr

Shoot me a message!

Pics here:
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

7 months later
#17095 2 years ago

For Trade: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) Pro

I’ve got the itch to focus on my 2 channel audio system so I’m looking to trade my minty Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) down + cash. I put together a list of some ideas, but might be open to other titles. I love drop targets, especially in-line drops...and have a soft spot for early solid state Bally.

Early SS Bally: Paragon, Centaur, Harlem Globetrotters, Skateball, Flash Gordon, Embryon

Might also be open to high-end 2 channel audio gear (speakers, turntable, integrated amp, etc.)

#17104 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone got a TMNT premium/LE they are looking to part with?

I just have this poor man's TMNT Premium/LE (AKA: TMNT Pro)

Quoted from AudioHaven:

For Trade: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) Pro
I’ve got the itch to focus on my 2 channel audio system so I’m looking to trade my minty Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) down + cash. I put together a list of some ideas, but might be open to other titles. I love drop targets, especially in-line drops...and have a soft spot for early solid state Bally.
Early SS Bally: Paragon, Centaur, Harlem Globetrotters, Skateball, Flash Gordon, Embryon
Might also be open to high-end 2 channel audio gear (speakers, turntable, integrated amp, etc.)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AudioHaven.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=AudioHaven and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.