1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,730 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 415.
#4451 9 years ago

Never fails, women always like the most expensive stuff.

#4452 9 years ago

I just got word from my company...I am being transferred to the Twin Cities effective starting in August. I am extremely excited, I've lived in the cities before and have family and friends who live there. The pinball scene is much bigger there than here in Indianapolis where I live currently. Cannot wait to join the community and culture in the Cities on a permanent basis.

Cheers.

#4453 9 years ago
Quoted from DudeMcAwesome:

I am being transferred to the Twin Cities

That's Awesome !

LTG : )™

#4454 9 years ago

.I am being transferred to the Twin Cities effective starting in August.

don't sell him any games until he moves here. it could be a clever way to siphon pins out of the area...

i'm just kiddin'.

#4455 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

don't sell him any games until he moves here. it could be a clever way to siphon pins out of the area...
i'm just kiddin'.

My plan to funnel games into the pinball desert of central indiana...thwarted before it ever began!

#4456 9 years ago

Just a reminder for this Sunday the 18th @ 4:00pm (1 week earlier than normal due to Memorial Day weekend), there will be FREE PIZZA and FREE PITCHERS OF BEER for the Mortimer's (on Lyndale in Minneapolis) monthly pinball event. The back room is open, so all 11 games are in play. If you want to stay informed on other pinball stuff, you can join the Facebook group as well...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mortimerspinball/

Full details of the event are below...

DETAILS:

Last Sunday of each month. $5.00 buy in, double elimination tournament. Random draws for bracket seating and games played. 200% cash payout to finishers 1-4 and random draws to win your $5.00 entry fee back. This is a fun, laid back, open event so feel free to invite or bring your friends and family!

Pinball Machines on site...

Mustang (Pro)
Twilight Zone
Star Trek (Pro)
Attack From Mars (Color DMD)
Addams Family (Color DMD)
Theater of Magic
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Metallica (LE)
Transformers (Pro)
X-Men (Pro)
AC/DC (Premium)

WPPR points awarded to all participants. If you have played in tournaments before, you can check your IFPA ranking here...

http://www.ifpapinball.com/

#4457 9 years ago

I just got word from my company...I am being transferred to the Twin Cities effective starting in August. I am extremely excited, I've lived in the cities before and have family and friends who live there. The pinball scene is much bigger there than here in Indianapolis where I live currently. Cannot wait to join the community and culture in the Cities on a permanent basis.
Cheers.

Bring the pinball machines with you, you can always buy a new bed or whatever you have to throw out to make room

#4458 9 years ago

Cheers.

That's great news, you'll be in time for the Pinball Circus at Lloyds. Any idea where you'll be living?

#4459 9 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Bring the pinball machines with you, you can always buy a new bed or whatever you have to throw out to make room

Don't worry, they are coming with me, with hopefully somewhere that has room to expand.

Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's great news, you'll be in time for the Pinball Circus at Lloyds. Any idea where you'll be living?

Fantastic! I am not sure where I'll be living yet. I have friends in the Lyn-Lake area and have always liked visiting there, but I may look for something with an easier commute to where I'll be working in Eagan just off 494.

#4460 9 years ago

but I may look for something with an easier commute to where I'll be working in Eagan just off 494.

A lot of nice houses out in that area but also a lot of landings and take offs from the airport fly right over Eagan. Landings are no problem but the take offs can be really bad especially in the winter when the air is crisp.

#4461 9 years ago

Cheers.

Where are you working in Eagan? I used to work there. Woodbury is close and nice or Cottage Grove. Inver Grove Heights and of course Eagan would be good too.

#4462 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Where are you working in Eagan?

Around the area of Lone Oak Road and Highway 55.

#4463 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

You looking at the map on Pinside? The "Pinball Map

I also use pinballmap.com to find pins to play out in the wild. You can search by location name, title etc...

#4464 9 years ago

A shameless plug here....but if the company you work for needs a courier service I work for a service called Metro Van.

#4465 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

A shameless plug here....but if the company you work for needs a courier service I work for a service called Metro Van.

I'm not sure, I work in an energy transmission control center but we do have some planning departments who might use services like couriers. If it ever comes up, I'll remember the name.

#4466 9 years ago

Thomson Reuters?

#4467 9 years ago

Sounds good, you know where to find me also. When you get settled you'll have to come over and play some pin, I have a good assortment plus arcades.

#4468 9 years ago

If anyone semi local (3-5 hours from mpls) has or knows of a decent cirqus Voltaire for sale please let me know. Doesn't need to be perfect, it's just one of those games that I really enjoy.

End nuisance I want I want post.

#4469 9 years ago

That's a pretty wide area, I would think there would be at least one. Road trip?

#4470 9 years ago

That's my hope. Sometimes the road trips are half the fun.

#4471 9 years ago

Happy Friday MN/WI Pinheads!

Had a small lineup change at East Side Pinball today. World Cup Soccer found a new home and ESP landed a beautiful Fish Tales!

#4472 9 years ago

Anyone have any leads on a beater LOTR? I don't want a spendy HUO if possible.

#4473 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Anyone have any leads on a beater LOTR? I don't want a spendy HUO if possible.

You're in Mankato, right?

Is that LOTR still on location at the Oleander saloon? Might be worth giving that local company a call ... (I forget the same ... C&H or C&S or something?)

#4474 9 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

You're in Mankato, right?
Is that LOTR still on location at the Oleander saloon? Might be worth giving that local company a call ... (I forget the same ... C&H or C&S or something?)

Yep!

I go and bother Rick once in awhile about pinball machines. The LOTR at oleanders is one of the few pins they still keep on route and make money on I guess. The place had a sewage line break and the whole place had to be torn apart and rebuilt. The LOTR made it out ok and I asked about buying it, but they wanted to put it back when the palce was done.

I might ask MN-FLIPPER who he traded his LOTR to.

#4475 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Yep!
I go and bother Rick once in awhile about pinball machines. The LOTR at oleanders is one of the few pins they still keep on route and make money on I guess. The place had a sewage line break and the whole place had to be torn apart and rebuilt. The LOTR made it out ok and I asked about buying it, but they wanted to put it back when the palce was done.
I might ask MN-FLIPPER who he traded his LOTR to.

Well, Jims lotr was about as opposite a beaters you could get.

#4476 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Well, Jims lotr was about as opposite a beaters you could get.

I phrased that wrong. If I couldn't get a beater, I might indulge in a $$$$ one.

#4477 9 years ago

So am I the only one around the state who likes WOZ? I was whooping Jim in a game of woz the other day and I really enjoy the game. Jim did not.

#4478 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

So am I the only one around the state who likes WOZ? I was whooping Jim in a game of woz the other day and I really enjoy the game. Jim did not.

You're not, but the WOZ fans at Mortimers get incredibly defensive about it when I say I don't care for it. I never said it is wrong for other people to like it, not sure why they get all upset!

#4479 9 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

You're not, but the WOZ fans at Mortimers get incredibly defensive about it when I say I don't care for it. I never said it is wrong for other people to like it, not sure why they get all upset!

There were WOZ fans at Mortimer's? There were running jokes about drawing WOZ in the tournament. When D&G sold it, everyone that plays in the monthly tournament practically threw a party. I love all pinball, and it's much better than it was in earlier code states, but I am not a big WOZ fan.

#4480 9 years ago

Woz is alright!

#4481 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

There were WOZ fans at Mortimer's? There were running jokes about drawing WOZ in the tournament. When D&G sold it, everyone that plays in the monthly tournament practically threw a party. I love all pinball, and it's much better than it was in earlier code states, but I am not a big WOZ fan.

I've only met two(passionate) fans. I probably put $7 in it while it was there. Which is only a few more dollars than Mustang.

Maybe I'll catch you at the tournament today, I'm Brian, the last guy to show up at the last one.

#4482 9 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I've only met two(passionate) fans. I probably put $7 in it while it was there. Which is only a few more dollars than Mustang.
Maybe I'll catch you at the tournament today, I'm Brian, the last guy to show up at the last one.

I'll be there.

#4483 9 years ago

Anyone have a spare ULN2803A switch matrix chip I can buy? 20.00 if I can get one today. I have 12 on order.

#4484 9 years ago

This is the one machine I'd buy NIB.

IMG_20140516_165156[1].jpgIMG_20140516_165156[1].jpg
#4485 9 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Anyone have a spare ULN2803A switch matrix chip I can buy? 20.00 if I can get one today. I have 12 on order.

I have them Tony - you can have free.

#4486 9 years ago
Quoted from policano:

I have the socket too, if you need it.

#4487 9 years ago

Thanks Lloyd! I'll. be out this evening! I have something in my car for a friend of yours with 4 legs!

#4488 9 years ago

I had a good time at Mort's, these tourneys bring in a good crowd.

#4489 9 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I had a good time at Mort's, these tourneys bring in a good crowd.

Glad you had fun. It's great getting everyone together and just having a good time. Lots of quality pinball machines, free pizza and free beer don't hurt either. It was a great turnout even with the nice weather and the week early date because of Memorial Day. Hope you can make it back next month!

#4490 9 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Anyone have a spare ULN2803A switch matrix chip I can buy?

You still need these Tony ?

#4491 9 years ago

Coming to MN on Thursday. Going to make time for some pinball.

#4492 9 years ago

None of you guys party in the D?

#4493 9 years ago

Across the harbor...

#4494 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Coming to MN on Thursday. Going to make time for some pinball.

Just for the day? Stop by my place in the evening.

#4495 9 years ago

Anyone local have something they'd like to trade for a players condition WCS94? Got to keep it local because I don't have a vehicle for transporting. Hit me up, hoping for a DMD title that's not made by Gottlieb or Sega.

#4496 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

None of you guys party in the D?

I know a girl that does!

I had a friend that was saying he'd rather driver to fargo and back twice in one day rather than drive to duluth once. Must be some kind of hellish MN up there.

#4497 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I know a girl that does!
I had a friend that was saying he'd rather driver to fargo and back twice in one day rather than drive to duluth once. Must be some kind of hellish MN up there.

That's because 35E out of the cities used to be in REAL BAD condition. For the most part now it's in nice condition and the speed limit is 70.

#4498 9 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Anyone local have something they'd like to trade for a players condition WCS94? Got to keep it local because I don't have a vehicle for transporting. Hit me up, hoping for a DMD title that's not made by Gottlieb or Sega.

I wish. I would love to get a WCS94 again.

#4499 9 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

You are missing out on lots of great pins if you are limited to DMD and only B/W titles.

#4500 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You are missing out on lots of great pins if you are limited to DMD and only B/W titles.

shut your pie hole. more for us!

There are 20,730 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/90 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.