1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,728 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 415.
#3351 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You know how people keep writing the previous year after the New Year on their checks and what not ? Well I took it to an extreme.
It was three years ago today with the Spooky Podcast, etc. etc.
So since I was wrong. And this should have been last year. No free WOZ today. Sorry.
LTG : )
Disclaimer : So we celebrate three years instead. Free WOZ Today !

Dang, here I am missing it by a day.

(Yeah, seriously. I *think* I'll be by either tomorrow night or Saturday night )

#3352 10 years ago

Time to shake off those winter blues.

Feb 8th.

This one will be more low key then last time. Cheap Pizza, Chips and Cookies.

PLEASE BRING A 6 PACK of BEER to share

4:00-Whenever.

7:00PM $5.00 single Elimination Bubble Hockey Tourney.

Did this at my tour party and it was a lot of fun. Here is how it works. Sign up at 6:30PM. Give me your $5.00. Then we will build brackets based on how many people sign up. We will draw numbers out of a hat to fill the slots for each round. If its an odd number of players there will be a "bye" card that can be pulled for that round. After each round we will redraw names and slots for the next round. Rinse and repeat until we have a winner. Winner takes the pot.

Please RSVP through a PM. Please include your email address so I can send you info and updates outside the pinball robot. When you email I will give you the address to the house.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-party-feb-8th-se-wi-53147#post-1349745

chris

#3353 10 years ago

Emails for the 2013 WI State Championship have been sent.

If you are in the top 50 for WI and have not received the email, please contact me via Pinsidemail and we can get things straightened out.

#3354 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

That will look nice next to BDK. Unless you have already moved it on.
Happy NYE Tom.
Chris

BDK is still happy in the game room.

#3355 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Feb 8th.
Did this at my tour party and it was a lot of fun. Here is how it works. Sign up at 6:30PM. Give me your $5.00. Then we will build brackets based on how many people sign up. We will draw numbers out of a hat to fill the slots for each round. If its an odd number of players there will be a "bye" card that can be pulled for that round. After each round we will redraw names and slots for the next round. Rinse and repeat until we have a winner. Winner takes the pot.
Please RSVP through a PM. Please include your email address so I can send you info and updates outside the pinball robot. When you email I will give you the address to the house.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-party-feb-8th-se-wi-53147#post-1349745
chris

Damn, maybe I can head over after the WI SCS. I love bubble hockey and GnR.

Quoted from jpolfer:

Emails for the 2013 WI State Championship have been sent.
If you are in the top 50 for WI and have not received the email, please contact me via Pinsidemail and we can get things straightened out.

Email sent. I will be attending.

#3356 10 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Damn, maybe I can head over after the WI SCS. I love bubble hockey and GnR.

Email sent. I will be attending.

Sounds great Tom. Looking forward to seeing you. Good luck in the Tourney.

chris

#3357 10 years ago

Standard Friday open invite applies this week, if anybody localish wants to kill some time. Shoot me a PM if you'd be interested in swinging by. Nothing formal/organized, just pins to play and hanging out to do.
E

#3358 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Come on in. I'll buy you a pop and we'll lie about old times.

Will be at SS around 2:00. I drink Mt Dew. Hope to see some of you gents there.

#3359 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I'll try and make it.

Dan Loosen stopped by last night. Talked about a lot of the goings on with the Midwest Gaming Classic. People going are in for a real treat this year ! It definitely keeps getting better and better.

#3360 10 years ago

Well happy 21st to me! No bars, no pinball, and I'm stuck working. Truly a sad day ha

#3361 10 years ago
Quoted from gamefreakfrank:

Well happy 21st to me! No bars, no pinball, and I'm stuck working. Truly a sad day ha

Happy Bday Frank. I'll play a game for you when I get home. Will probably match.

#3362 10 years ago

Well happy 21st to me!

Happy Birthday ! I hope it gets better.

#3363 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Happy Bday Frank. I'll play a game for you when I get home. Will probably match.

Quoted from LTG:

Happy Birthday ! I hope it gets better.

Thanks guys! And I hope you did Russ or maybe I'm just super special haha.

Gonna go visit Lloyd today hopefully. Will finally get to see a WOZ.

Frank

#3364 10 years ago

Frank

Seeing/playing WOZ is definitely a gift.
And I'd be happy to paypal LTG some cash to buy you 21 plays throughout his arcade.

LTG can you PM me your info to PayPal you some cash.

-Ran

#3365 10 years ago

Well happy 21st to me!

Happy b-day

#3366 10 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I don't do PayPal. And not necessary. Unless we are talking AC/DC Luci size, then I'll drive over and buy you a nice meal at Ella's.

#3367 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Thank you for stopping in. I appreciate the visit. and it was a pleasure meeting you !

I hope you got back home safe and sound.

#3368 10 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

And I'd be happy to paypal LTG some cash to buy you 21 plays throughout his arcade.

I'll let him play WOZ free for his post Birthday celebration.

#3369 10 years ago

Frank

You are in for a good time. Play some BBB for me.

#3370 10 years ago

Frank

You got to more than see it. Happy belated Birthday !

#3371 10 years ago

Sorry about that 49ers games.

Signed - 9ers fan

#3372 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Sorry about that 49ers games.
Signed - 9ers fan

Too soon.

#3373 10 years ago

- 24 Brrrrrr it's cold outside today, good day to play some pinball !

#3374 10 years ago

and I have to go out and work in it.

#3375 10 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Seeing/playing WOZ is definitely a gift.
-Ran

That was a super generous offer even though it wasn't needed, but thank you.

Lloyd - it was nice to finally meet you and thanks for the crap ton of free games on WOZ. Definitely a fun game there.

Russ - I did get one game in for you right before I left. BBB is an interesting game as well even though I only got to enjoy it for like 3 minutes haha.

Frank

#3376 10 years ago

Stay warm everyone. It's pretty scary out there!

#3377 10 years ago

Damn it's cold!

#3378 10 years ago

Sounds like I decided to leave WI for a week at the right time. Stay warm fellas.

#3379 10 years ago

The only way to move a pin up here.

// Error: Image 174005 not found //

image-462.jpgimage-462.jpg
#3380 10 years ago

Yarr it's hella cold. One or two cold days is ok but a month straight= omg wtf. Work truck blew a power steering hose the other day because of the extreme cold. Had barely any braking or steering capability. Fun times!

#3381 10 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

The only way to move a pin up here.

image-462.jpg 22 KB

Looks like a LOTR waiting to happen.

#3382 10 years ago

Last night it was -55 windchill. Daannnggg

image-993.jpgimage-993.jpg
#3383 10 years ago

I knew it was cold today when I made a delivery and left the engine running pointed into the wind, when I came back 5 minutes later I got in and looked at the temp gauge and it was on COLD and the heater was blowing cold air.

#3384 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I knew it was cold today when I made a delivery and left the engine running pointed into the wind, when I came back 5 minutes later I got in and looked at the temp gauge and it was on COLD and the heater was blowing cold air.

damn that is cold. Was it a big delivery truck?

Well I got my LWJP cliffy in and JM shipping crate mod looking snazzy!

#3385 10 years ago

Pics

image-918.jpgimage-918.jpg image-748.jpgimage-748.jpg image-984.jpgimage-984.jpg
#3386 10 years ago

Thought I would post this in this thread any case any locals were interested or know someone who may be. Sopranos for sale in the Twin Cities. Details and pics in the thread link below.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-sopranos-pinball-machine-full-teardown-shop-job-more

#3387 10 years ago

Brrrr.jpgBrrrr.jpg

Brrrrrrrr!

#3388 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

damn that is cold. Was it a big delivery truck?
Well I got my LWJP cliffy in and JM shipping crate mod looking snazzy!

No a Ford 3/4 ton van.

Nice work.

You comin down to play some pin and help drink some beer?

#3389 10 years ago

I should come back down! Still need to cut and build my vpin cab. Need to play more Dracula....damn game has me hooked for the time being...

#3390 10 years ago

We closed early today at 2 pm because it was going to be slow and our bowling leagues cancelled because of the weather. I had a regular at lunch say.. "You closing early because you are wimps" I took his order. After I was done taking his order I said "Dick, don't call me a wimp, I sat outside at Lambeau yesterday." Be safe out there people.

#3391 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'll try and make it.
Dan Loosen stopped by last night. Talked about a lot of the goings on with the Midwest Gaming Classic. People going are in for a real treat this year ! It definitely keeps getting better and better.

It was a blast, thanks.

I have no idea why I kept plugging coin into Police Force, as it was probably the silliest game there to play especially with so much more fun stuff there. Probably had to do with getting to chat with you while I played it. Nice way to ride out a snowstorm in Minnesota before heading back to the hotel.

Home again, missed the crazy cold weather by just a little out on the road, holed up inside now...

#3392 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

We closed early today at 2 pm because it was going to be slow and our bowling leagues cancelled because of the weather. I had a regular at lunch say.. "You closing early because you are wimps" I took his order. After I was done taking his order I said "Dick, don't call me a wimp, I sat outside at Lambeau yesterday." Be safe out there people.

I am on our local school board and when I got notice that we were closing school I had questions.

I don't any more.

#3393 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

we were closing school

Make sure "boy" practices pinball tomorrow and does his homework!

#3394 10 years ago

They say it's going to get up to -2 tomorrow.......a heat wave.

#3395 10 years ago

I was at a Xmas tree burning party.....it was cold as f out. My cheeks hurt for a bit need more layers.

#3396 10 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

It was a blast, thanks.
I have no idea why I kept plugging coin into Police Force, as it was probably the silliest game there to play especially with so much more fun stuff there. Probably had to do with getting to chat with you while I played it. Nice way to ride out a snowstorm in Minnesota before heading back to the hotel.
Home again, missed the crazy cold weather by just a little out on the road, holed up inside now...

Police force is a deceivingly fun machine.

#3397 10 years ago

PING FOR THOSE THAT MISSED THE POST LAST WEEK.

Feb 8th.

chris

#3398 10 years ago

Hello cool WI (and MN, if you want to come this far) pinball people!

Next month I am going to be a co-director for the 1st (ever) IFPA WI State Championship. We are in need of a few volunteers to be scorekeepers at this event for the main and two side tournaments.

The commitment: spend Feb 8th, 11AM until the evening at a large pinball collection within 30mins drive of downtown Milwaukee, recording scores and handling questions.
The benefits: you get to help out a great event that is supporting two different charities, and get a chance to play on many fun pinball machines from the 50s on up!

I've already identified five individuals who are interested in coming - we could use a few more. Feel free to contact me via PinsideMail if you'd like to help out!

Stay warm today,
Jon Polfer

#3399 10 years ago

Anyone have any tips on opportunities to play more pinball in SE Wisconsin? I only have one pin in my collection and I'm looking to try out more games. Should I just wait for the MGC or is there an arcade or another convention in the area that I'm not aware of? (I'm actually not even certain how much opportunity the average guy has play pinball at the MGC)

I've seen the postings for various parties or invites, but I'm not sure I'm keen on visiting strangers houses to play pinball. Tournaments could also be an issue, because my skills are rather pedestrian and I'm not fond of playing "fake" video pinball to learn the various game rules.

Suggestions?

#3400 10 years ago

You should try the pinside map and see if anyone has listed games near you

http://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play

I don't find too many near me, so I wander into random bars and bowling alleys just to check. Also posting here! Then you can meet new people/friends and hang out with them and play Still waiting to hear back from thepostmaster need more pin playing in duluth.

If anyone has leads on any DMD Gottliebs, I'm interested...Super Mario bros and waterworld, but open to more.

There are 20,728 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.