1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 415.
#3251 10 years ago

I went to that Pizza place in Rochester today, was dissapointed at how worn the machines were. Balls kept getting lost and a target was almost completely missing in one game.

I gave more money to the kids playing the pins than I put in for myself. It was worthwhile when I heard the boy yell to his sister that he had gotten three balls going on the harley davidson machine and wanted her to see it.

#3252 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I went to that Pizza place in Rochester today, was dissapointed at how worn the machines were. Balls kept getting lost and a target was almost completely missing in one game.
I gave more money to the kids playing the pins than I put in for myself. It was worthwhile when I heard the boy yell to his sister that he had gotten three balls going on the harley davidson machine and wanted her to see it.

Sounds like fun, to bad about the machines. You can come over and put quarters in my machines...they all work too.

#3253 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Sounds like fun, to bad about the machines. You can come over and put quarters in my machines...they all work too.

I do need to meet up with some of the minneapolis pinsiders sometime. It'd be fun!

#3254 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I do need to meet up with some of the minneapolis pinsiders sometime. It'd be fun!

Mankato aint that far away, your welcome to stop in anytime your in town just send me a PM when you'll be here. I have 7 pins up right now and a DE Star Wars soon.

#3255 10 years ago

Day one of Vacation. I should keep track of how much pinball I play on the road. Not Beer that be to hard to count! Green Bay Lambeau Field first stop!

#3256 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Green Bay Lambeau Field first stop!

Nice! Have a good time buddy!

#3257 10 years ago

Anyone wanna buy a potc zizzle?

#3258 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Day one of Vacation. I should keep track of how much pinball I play on the road. Not Beer that be to hard to count! Green Bay Lambeau Field first stop!

VACATION....what's that. Have fun.

#3259 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Green Bay Lambeau Field first stop!

Make sure to stop across the street (Ridge, West side of the stadium) to Kroll's for a burger and chili! I think the only pins left in the area are at Tundra Lodge.

#3260 10 years ago

Just brought home a Stargate. Time to move it in and set up.

#3261 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Nice pick up, that is one of my favorites.

#3262 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Congrats!

Report back with how you like it after you get some time on it.

#3263 10 years ago

Game looks nice with the exception of wireforms being painted gold. I haven't looked at a ton of Gottliebs but I don't remember seeing many with Mylar. It seems to have done a nice job preserving the playfield in this case.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#3264 10 years ago

Shoot the Pyramid! Congrats Russ.

#3265 10 years ago

I think most SGs have mylar?

#3266 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I think most SGs have mylar?

Yeah most Stargates and System 3s in general have full mylar. Unfortunately, it stops just above the flippers and on many of the System3s, it is the only thing holding their shitty crayola paint onto the playfield.

#3267 10 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

it is the only thing holding their shitty crayola paint onto the playfield.

HEHE! At least it's not Rose Art paint.

#3268 10 years ago

I see mylar on yours. I can see the line in the gate from here. Stargate is one of the top 8's of all time.

#3269 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

That has got to be one of the best looking games out there. Nice.

#3270 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Looks nice! I wonder what's under the gold paint on the wire forms? Perhaps there chrome plated?

#3271 10 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Looks nice! I wonder what's under the gold paint on the wire forms? Perhaps there chrome plated?

I was told it had new ramps. I didn't get into details with him on that. I see on Steve Young's website he sells some gold ones. Maybe they came that way. They don't look like the ball is wearing the paint off so it probably isn't spray paint.

#3272 10 years ago

Game came with some System 11 legs that had issues. I put new black ones on and that looks awesome. I am not big on powder coating pinball parts but if side rails and lockdown bar were black it would look awesome.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#3273 10 years ago

Great pick up Rusty....

#3274 10 years ago

From what I've seen the gold wire forms are standard, probably powder coated.

#3275 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I was told it had new ramps. I didn't get into details with him on that. I see on Steve Young's website he sells some gold ones. Maybe they came that way. They don't look like the ball is wearing the paint off so it probably isn't spray paint.

The ramps & wireframe are gold.
The wireform should be plated shiny gold... not sprayed or powered dull gold.

sg1.jpgsg1.jpg
#3276 10 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

sg1.jpg 149 KB

Mine are not shiny. Kind of a matte metallic gold.

#3277 10 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Kroll's for a burger and chili! I think the only pins left in the area are at Tundra Lodge.

Yep been doing Krolls West for a few years, I think your correct on Tundra Lodge but I didn't check it out. I am still thawing out from sitting in the cold and snow all day but I loved it!

#3278 10 years ago

Hey guys. This Sunday is the last pinball tournament of 2013 in MN and your last chance to get some points to qualify for the upcoming Minnesota State Championship! Come on out and have some fun playing pinball and networking with a bunch of other pinheads this Sunday! Here are all the details. Any other questions, just let me know.

TOURNAMENT DETAILS:

Last Sunday of each month at Mortimer's in Minneapolis at 4:00 pm. $5.00 buy in, double elimination tournament. Random draws for bracket seating and games played. 200% cash payout to finishers 1-4 and random draws to win your $5.00 entry fee back. Also, a free $1.00 off drink token to participants. This is a open event, so feel free to invite or bring your friends and family!

Pinball Machines on site...

Star Trek (Pro)
Attack From Mars (Color DMD)
Addams Family (Color DMD)
Wizard of Oz
Theater of Magic
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Metallica (LE)
Transformers (Pro)
X-Men (Pro)
AC/DC (Premium)
Lord of the Rings
Terminator 2

WPPR points awarded to all participants. If you have played in tournaments before, you can check your IFPA ranking here...

http://www.ifpapinball.com/

#3279 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Hey guys. This Sunday is the last pinball tournament of 2013 in MN and your last chance to get some points to qualify for the upcoming Minnesota State Championship! Come on out and have some fun playing pinball and networking with a bunch of other pinheads this Sunday! Here are all the details. Any other questions, just let me know.
TOURNAMENT DETAILS:
Last Sunday of each month. $5.00 buy in, double elimination tournament. Random draws for bracket seating and games played. 200% cash payout to finishers 1-4 and random draws to win your $5.00 entry fee back. Also, a free $1.00 off drink token to participants. This is a open event, so feel free to invite or bring your friends and family!
Pinball Machines on site...
Star Trek (Pro)
Attack From Mars (Color DMD)
Addams Family (Color DMD)
Wizard of Oz
Theater of Magic
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Metallica (LE)
Transformers (Pro)
X-Men (Pro)
AC/DC (Premium)
Lord of the Rings
Terminator 2
WPPR points awarded to all participants. If you have played in tournaments before, you can check your IFPA ranking here...
http://www.ifpapinball.com/

At Blainebrook ? What time?

#3280 10 years ago

Sounds like mortemers.....?

#3281 10 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Nice pic of Kurt "what the hell" Russel .

#3282 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Nice pic of Kurt "what the hell" Russel .

I thought that was Snake Plissken... and... uhhh... Isn't he dead?!!

#3283 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

At Blainebrook ? What time?

Paul, it's at Mortimer's. Blainbrook is the 1st Sunday and 2nd Saturday of each month.

#3284 10 years ago

Mad Town Crew! I just played Avengers for the first time ever at the Crystal Corner and got my Initials on it (#3) you not playing it or am I just that good.

#3286 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks Les...what time.

It's starts at 4:00.

#3287 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Mad Town Crew! I just played Avengers for the first time ever at the Crystal Corner and got my Initials on it (#3) you not playing it or am I just that good.

where was my invite? I was a bachelor last night as the wife was visiting her fam...

I have still not been down there to play it.

#3288 10 years ago

Soon my game room will be finished +/- a month and I'd love to find a TAF to pop its cherry. If anyone is considering selling shortly perhaps we can work something out. Have a T2 for trade or just straight cash. Send a pm, thanks guys.

#3289 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

where was my invite?

My Bad, was driving down Willy and stopped in to play a game.

#3290 10 years ago

no worries

#3291 10 years ago
Quoted from Notbychance:

Soon my game room will be finished +/- a month and I'd love to find a TAF to pop its cherry. If anyone is considering selling shortly perhaps we can work something out. Have a T2 for trade or just straight cash. Send a pm, thanks guys.

Hope ya find one soon, fun game.

#3292 10 years ago

Great seeing a few people up at East Side Pinball.

#3293 10 years ago

Anyone have any project machines they'd like to sell?

#3294 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Anyone have any project machines they'd like to sell?

PM sent.

#3295 10 years ago

Tony, thanks for meeting us up there We had fun and learned a lot....about how to use fake quarters

#3296 10 years ago

Hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday. I am also looking for potential project machines if anyone is selling.

Frank

#3297 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Tony, thanks for meeting us up there We had fun and learned a lot....about how to use fake quarters

Had a great afternoon of pinball. Can't wait to get the zizzle home and set up for my goddaughter.

For those on the east side of the twin cities. Check out Sun Ray Lanes. Nice selection of really clean and well maintained pins.

Currently in the bar area.

TF
ST
Sharkies shoot out
WCS
ID4
Taxi
Gameshow

Chris

#3298 10 years ago

Chris is the god of ball save awesome meeting you. Mod that zizzle out....ah I must send you the link....

#3299 10 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Chris is the god

Fixed that for you.

#3300 10 years ago

Anybody interested in super last minute open invite pinball in Muskego?

Shoot me a PM if you've got nothing better to do this evening.

/don't let my pinside collection fool you, there's more like 20 games up and running.

There are 20,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.