1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 415.
#2751 10 years ago

I will be going to Muskegon area in MI via MN,Wisc and then Bolingbrook, IL then MI - the journey will then be reversed to come back to MN - If anyone buys or sells a pin pick up/ delivery along the way is available... PM me with details and for cost..

I will be leaving 11/15 at about 5am and return to MN Sunday 11/17 at sometime..

#2752 10 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

Kind of wish I would have cleaned up the WCS94. I probably would still have it if I took the time to tear it down and clean it. It was a fun game and I only have 4 pins right now so plenty of room. It got pushed out of the collection for a JP but now JP is gone too.

I didnt have to clean it much. Couple times over with novus on the PF and a bit more LED saturation. It shines!

#2753 10 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Thanks- glad Alex is getting into pinball!

Yeah, he's really come into it lately. Put up the legit high score on BadCats, multiple times.

#2754 10 years ago

Does anyone have any information on the game/seller of the NBAFB in Buffalo? It looks like it came from C&N sales (Mankato) So, I'd guess it was purchased at the MOMA auction ...

I bought my desw from him. He's a good guy. He gets a lot of pins and arcade games via auction...

#2755 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Getting the "want to trade a game bug" Anyone looking to move something local?

Josh, you get rid of Slugfest?

#2756 10 years ago
Quoted from roger0043:

Josh, you get rid of SlugFest?

Yes he did but my son doesn't play it. Interested?

#2757 10 years ago

So, I saw the sad news that Rusty Quarters is selling all their games this Saturday. What a bummer.

Now I will admit the Pinball addict in me was also like, how do I get ahold of that Mars Attacks with the color DMD!

The post on Craigslist doesn't mention the pins though...

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Anyone know where the pins are going?

Anyone?

#2758 10 years ago
Quoted from Mokashi:

So, I saw the sad news that Rusty Quarters is selling all their games this Saturday. What a bummer.
Now I will admit the Pinball addict in me was also like, how do I get ahold of that Mars Attacks with the color DMD!
Anyone?

Pretty sure the pins belong to jr from pinball plus, so I am guessing they will be put on route elsewhere.

#2759 10 years ago
Quoted from Mokashi:

Anyone?

Pretty sure the pins were operated by JR at Pinball Plus.

No offense to Rusty Quarters, but they were doomed from the start.

#2760 10 years ago
Quoted from janus:

I bought my desw from him. He's a good guy. He gets a lot of pins and arcade games via auction...

Thanks- just waiting for the reply email now.

#2761 10 years ago

I wanted to remind anyone on Facebook to join the Midwest Arcade and Pinball Collectors group. A few leads have been posted and a great group of guys.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/359318007478937/

#2762 10 years ago

Pretty sure the pins were operated by JR at Pinball Plus.

The pins were from Pinball Plus. He pulled them when Rusty Quarters switched over to $5 cover charge to play.

And yes, they were very doomed from the start. Without all the donation drives to pay for everything, they would have been out a long time ago. I still can't believe people donated over $11,000 so they could come in late, close on a whim and buy pachinko machines for themselves.

#2763 10 years ago

I never made it out to the Rusty Quarters Arcade. I think I saw them on the news once when they opened?

#2764 10 years ago

Nothing went right with RQ. I wouldn't donate to a for-profit company, and didn't.

I'm looking to get rid of my Atari Middle Earth pin. 2 board sets(1 pulled from a working one). Complete. Price; free. Comes with a 100% "I won't take it back from you" guarantee. Pin does not work(and that's why its free)

#2765 10 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Nothing went right with RQ. I wouldn't donate to a for-profit company, and didn't.
I'm looking to get rid of my Atari Middle Earth pin. 2 board sets(1 pulled from a working one). Complete. Price; free. Comes with a 100% "I won't take it back from you" guarantee.

LOL - Pm sent

#2766 10 years ago

Is this anyone on here?

#2767 10 years ago

The owners at Rusty Quarters seemed nice enough, but they seemed to have issues with just opening at their posted hours.

I feel bad for the folks that donated. Yikes.

#2768 10 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

The owners at Rusty Quarters seemed nice enough, but they seemed to have issues with just opening at their posted hours.
I feel bad for the folks that donated. Yikes.

Sounds right. You should see some of the owners rants and complete disreguard for advice on KLOV. The guy is banned now from KLOV so that should tell you something.

#2769 10 years ago

I donated $2500 for his start up. I got a very nice Creech for my trouble.

#2770 10 years ago

There's not much you can do for business people with no business sense. Other than the owners, who in their right mind thought a stand alone arcade would work today.

The owners are probably still wondering why things didn't work or blaming everyone but themselves.

#2771 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

There's not much you can do for business people with no business sense. Other than the owners, who in their right mind thought a stand alone arcade would work today.
The owners are probably still wondering why things didn't work or blaming everyone but themselves.

Seems like the only way to start up an arcade is if you make it into a barcade.

#2772 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I think it goes without saying, you need something besides pins and vids to bring people in these days. That something is what you make your money on and hopefully, people play the pins and vids while there.

#2773 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

There are no guarantees. And alcohol is not always the answer.

City Billiards, warehouse district in Minneapolis. Open 12 years, with alcohol, closed a few years back.

LTG : )

#2774 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

And alcohol is not always the answer.

True, but it can sure help.

#2775 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

True, but it can sure help.

Yeah, if you want a rougher crowd, shootings and what not.

Nothing like baby sitting drunks and alcoholics.

#2776 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yeah, if you want a rougher crowd, shootings and what not.
Nothing like baby sitting drunks and alcoholics.

As always, you're so right, Lloyd. Why any business would want a liquor license is beyond me.

#2777 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

As always, you're so right, Lloyd. Why any business would want a liquor license is beyond me.

You got me Bryan. My Mother owned a bar once, and I never could figure it out.

#2778 10 years ago

Yup Loyd your right, but did you guys ever go to the bars in the '70's and '80's. It was all about the music and the women.

#2779 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

but did you guys ever go to the bars in the '70's and '80's. It was all about the music and the women.

They had music ? I was aware of the drinking and women.

Disclaimer : Moved coin op stuff in and out of bars in 1972 and loaded cigarette machines too.

#2780 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You got me Bryan. My Mother owned a bar once, and I never could figure it out.

Your business sense is astounding. Because your mother had trouble with a liquor license, a liquor license is a bad thing. Unfucking believable. You should teach business classes.

#2781 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Your business sense is astounding. Because your mother had trouble with a liquor license, a liquor license is a bad thing. Unfucking believable. You should teach business classes.

I never said she had trouble, or liquor. It was 3.2, and she was quite successful. When she bought the bar she took it from 1/2 a barrel a week to seven barrels a week. She sold it to try and save her marriage, her second husband turned out to be an alcoholic.

My end of it wasn't whether a bar can be profitable or not, some do well some don't, just like anything.

My point was the clientele you deal with on a daily basis is a lot different in a bar, than in any similar business without alcohol. I saw first hand what dealing with people on the other side of the bar day after day, did to my family. I could never figure out why she thought owning a bar was a good idea.

And just because you add alcohol, doesn't guarantee profit follows.

Every time we see one of these threads, almost everyone says you need liquor. Having liquor does not guarantee your business will be successful.

Disclaimer : Enroll now in Lloyd's School of Business. Winter classes starting soon.

#2782 10 years ago

I was not surprised in the least that RQ passed. When you have not one but two fundraisers for a place(which is not a non-profit), yeah, you're having issues. There was talk on reddit when they were a comic book store how they were trash-talking a competing well-known comic store. Comic store was gone, up went the toy store. Then the toy store became the arcade.

I also remember the constant talking-down to reminders on their Facebook posts(don't do this/that), which turned me away a bit.

A while back on FB he said if he had to close, it was because arcades in general were dead. Nope, just poorly-ran ones. There's other arcades across the nation(the barcades) that are doing just fine.

#2783 10 years ago

Anyone interested in a slot machine for your mancave? IGT S2000 Triple Fire No coins, bill validator takes all new money, even the $100's Play upto 9 lines and 20 per line - made in 2007 and stereo sound with attract mode Awesome shape- LED lit reels and all machine lights- like new condition..

Lets trade for??

photo 3-988.JPGphoto 3-988.JPGphoto 2-190.JPGphoto 2-190.JPGphoto 1-91.JPGphoto 1-91.JPGphoto 5.JPGphoto 5.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG

#2784 10 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

When you have not one but two fundraisers

Three. Not counting the original wanting to raise $20K to $30K to open an arcade museum.

There was the one on Facebook and KLOV, then Kickstarter, than Indiegogo.

#2785 10 years ago

When they posted about having a $5 charge to come in and play games, I asked if that included pinballs, and they just deleted my post rather than reply. I thought it was kind of tacky.

#2786 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I guess you told him.

#2787 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

The key to a successful arcade, or really any business in general, is a fully functioning cheese pump. Cheese pumps make everything okay.

#2788 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The key to a successful arcade, or really any business in general, is a fully functioning cheese pump. Cheese pumps make everything okay.

Yeah, but you still have to plug them in and turn them on.

Not everybody can do that.

#2789 10 years ago

There are plenty of assholes that don't drink .

#2790 10 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I guess you told him.

You can't tell Lloyd anything. He's been in coinop for half a century and therefore knows all there is to know and has all the answers. That's why he's so successful.

#2791 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The key to a successful arcade, or really any business in general, is a fully functioning cheese pump. Chumps make everything okay.

Well there is that beer-dispensing pin that's out there. I'm sure it can be made.

So, three fundraisers? Jeesh. That I did not know. Welp,I hope the sold-off arcade cabs go to better places.

#2792 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yeah, but you still have to plug them in and turn them on.
Not everybody can do that.

Even unplugged, it would make more money than a stand alone arcade.

#2793 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

You can't tell Lloyd anything. He's been in coinop for half a century and therefore knows all there is to know and has all the answers. That's why he's so successful.

Are you basing his success on his income, or his ability to survive doing what he enjoys? What defines a successful business?

#2794 10 years ago

Here on the WI side of this thread we like beer and those of us that are Packer fans are going to need a lot of it in the next month.

#2795 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

No one knows everything. It would be conceited to think so. I certainly don't.

I have in the last decade endured three large hits. My marriage ended, which didn't cost more but did end the money drain bailing out wife or relatives problems. Start coming back from that, and the economy hits the skids. Start coming back from that and I get hit with the no smoking.

Most people can't survive one hit, I've had three.

Yet somehow I'm still out living the competition and manufacturers.

And that is and I quote, "fucking believable".

#2796 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Here on the WI side of this thread we like beer and those of us that are Packer fans are going to need a lot of it in the next month.

Well you are in the right state for great beer. I hope your quarterback is okay after last night.

#2797 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No one knows everything. It would be conceited to think so. I certainly don't.
I have in the last decade endured three large hits. My marriage ended, which didn't cost more but did end the money drain bailing out wife or relatives problems. Start coming back from that, and the economy hits the skids. Start coming back from that and I get hit with the no smoking.
Most people can't survive one hit, I've had three.
Yet somehow I'm still out living the competition and manufacturers.
And that is and I quote, "fucking believable".

ME TOO - You rock Lloyd!!! Endured the shit storms and still stay open to provide smiles.. You sure as hell do not do it for the money, so I thank you!!!

#2798 10 years ago

I rarely post, but feel compelled to do so, Bryan, wtf?

#2799 10 years ago
Quoted from janus:

I rarely post, but feel compelled to do so, Bryan, wtf?

You don't even want to know. My mistake to question anything Lloyd says. I'll go away now.

#2800 10 years ago

Take a deep breath...

There are 20,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.