1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 17,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 358.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from cowman57:

If I can come to MGC what pin would you folks like me to bring?

Grand Lizard
Comet

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from cowman57:

If I can come to MGC what pin would you folks like me to bring?

Grand Lizard
Comet

#153 9 years ago

New to the forum. You Wisconsin guys ever hear of a "Wisconsin" pinball, made in 1948? It's completely EM, has a shooter that you manually roll the ball on the glass to shoot. Anyone?

#154 9 years ago
Quoted from ramegoom:

New to the forum. You Wisconsin guys ever hear of a "Wisconsin" pinball, made in 1948? It's completely EM, has a shooter that you manually roll the ball on the glass to shoot. Anyone?

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=wisconsin&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#2800

LTG : )

#155 9 years ago

I have a similar game to that Wisconsin. The manually roll thing is a modification because plungers in certain places, including Wisconsin I believe, used to be illegal.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

MORTIMERS: May be hitting Mortimers tonight with Millz. Anybody game for meeting up if we go?

I'll be headed up there a little later than originally thought, probably around 8:30pm. Hope to see some of you there!

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from cowman57:

Were you able to get the reboot issue figured out?

Almost - should have it ready to go by March.

For games - if my vote counts, would love to play your Grand Lizard again - don't see that one too much.

#158 9 years ago

I vote for Grand Lizard, since I've never played it in person.

#159 9 years ago

What is MGC? Sounds interesting, is there a website?

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from theBRAIN:

http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

#161 9 years ago
Quoted from theBRAIN:

davewth posted the show link - http://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

Goatdan posts here on Pinside, he's the man behind MGC. ( Dan Losen, not to be confused with Dan Tighten )

You should go. Been running for years. Approximately 2/3rds gamers and 1/3rd pinball. The pinball part keeps getting better and better every year. And no kidding, the gamers add a level of excitement to the show that is unbelievable. Costumes and everything.

MGC is definitely a show you don't want to miss and hear about it later.

#162 9 years ago

I'm not so sure the 2/3 gamers 1/3 pinball thing is right anymore. We had over 200 machines last year and it seemed to me the arcade was way more packed than the console rooms. I have no idea actual numbers, but the show can't be described as a video game show with a small pinball section anymore. I do agree that the mix adds another level of fun, and I always enjoy slipping away to check out the console stuff too.

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Any MN/WI/IL guys have a line on a Pitch and Bat SlugFest? Or any EM Pitch and Bat? Preferred running man in the back box versions. Also looking for a Horse Racing EM with motion in the backbox, but sounds like Frank may have a Hayburner for me @ MGC.

Hey Jonogo,

I still have a Slugfest and maybe around the MGC time I will be looking to let it go. I'm running out of space. I Dec when I was up I was on the fence about buying the Strikes and Spares that was at Blainebrook Bowl. I love that bowler.

Hit me up next month as MGC gets closer and we can talk.

chris

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm not so sure the 2/3 gamers 1/3 pinball thing is right anymore. We had over 200 machines last year and it seemed to me the arcade was way more packed than the console rooms. I have no idea actual numbers, but the show can't be described as a video Game Show with a small pinball section anymore. I do agree that the mix adds another level of fun, and I always enjoy slipping away to check out the console stuff too.

I do the same....although we need more pinheads to come dressed up as their favorite charcter. The gamers had us beat on that last year.

#165 9 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I'm not so sure the 2/3 gamers 1/3 pinball thing is right anymore.

That is why I used the word Approximately and added the pinball part keeps getting better and better every year.

A show you don't want to miss.

#166 9 years ago

Boyyahhh. MGC will be epic. I'll be popping my MGC cherry this year and it will be a good time.

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Boyyahhh. MGC will be epic. I'll be popping my MGC cherry this year and it will be a good time.

You'll have a great time. Hard to keep you down on the farm after hitting the big city !

#168 9 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You'll have a great time. Hard to keep you down on the farm after hitting the big city !

Bringing my son too, and a friend is bringing his boys and wife, so My son with have others to run around with all week. Boring old dad only entertains him for so long

#169 9 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Bringing my son too, and a friend is bringing his boys and wife

That would be me. The Milwaukee Zoo is a must if you bring the kids. It's only like 15 minutes away.

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from pinheadpuckguy:

The Milwaukee Zoo is a must if you bring the kids. It's only like 15 minutes away.

Even closer than that, actually - it's literally the next stop on the freeway after the Sheraton if you're coming from the West. And yeah, it's pretty darn good

#171 9 years ago

I grew up in Wisconsin, why anyone still lives there is beyond me ;p Pacific NW has all the pinballs anyway.

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

I grew up in Wisconsin, why anyone still lives there is beyond me ;p Pacific NW has all the pinballs anyway.

Yeah, but you do not have MGC...

Your loss sucker.

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from PDXGeek:

Sellout.

#174 9 years ago

Figured it was worth posting in here also... I have too little time and too many pinball projects which have stacked up. If anyone is interested in making a little side cash and helping me out on a weekend day, then please let me know. I would love to spend a long Saturday and get a few things pinball related done.

Even blasting away at one game would be great. I have lots of parts staged and waiting but honestly I just take my time learning and picking away at stuff. If someone has some experience they want to share while lending a hand with a PF swap or topside teardown then let me know. It would be nice to learn a bunch real quick and also get more games fine tuned in and clean.

#175 9 years ago

haha you guys are funny. At least I go back about once a year and visit all my family that still lives there. If I were to move back to Wi, I would probably go to Madison, that place is awesome, but still super flat.

#176 9 years ago

^I'd be more than happy to help you out, but don't know when the next time is that I will be in Madison for work (but if you want I can hit you up whenever I know I'll be there).

On a different note, I'm really on the fence about buying a NIB ACDC Premium, anyone see the need to talk me down? Played the snot out of it at BlaineBrook and i dig it, and the wife likes it more than one of my pins (so that one is likely on the chopping block to help with the purchase). What say you?!?

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

On a different note, I'm really on the fence about buying a NIB ACDC Premium, anyone see the need to talk me down? Played the snot out of it at BlaineBrook and i dig it, and the wife likes it more than one of my pins (so that one is likely on the chopping block to help with the purchase). What say you?!?

Depends on what the chopping block pin is.

#178 9 years ago

'maybe' TSPP, wife doesn't care for it, I dig it (but could give or take compared to ACDC)

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

^I'd be more than happy to help you out, but don't know when the next time is that I will be in Madison for work (but if you want I can hit you up whenever I know I'll be there).

Just let me know when you know you will be coming around. I will surely still have more projects than time whenever that is

It honestly would be great to have a hand and like I said I am happy to pay for the experienced help/quickened learning curve.

Also, if you like AC/DC then buy it. However, I personally think XMLE is a better bang for the buck if you can snag one for the ~5k mark that they seem to have dropped to. If the code ever gets tweaked in I think XM will be a keeper in the long run as the shot layout is pretty nice.

#180 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would love to spend a long Saturday and get a few things pinball related done.

I love this stuff! Heart says I'm in, MGC and 2 year old say "maybe in the summer though."

And if it makes you feel any better, I think that I'm currently sitting at... let's see here... about 15-20 projects, mostly staged and ready to go. I'm hoping to haul a couple out during the summer and actually get them fixed up! As you are well aware, I need a basement that actually fits a few more of these...

Then again, the perfect Pinbot on the other side of my basement that just needs adjustment (and has for over two years now!) tells me that I don't even have time to get simple stuff done... And, whenever I have had time lately, I've spent it playing Iron Man

#181 9 years ago

Some of the most fun I have had in the past year was hanging out and working on your RFM pf swap Dan!

My RFM pf swap is probably at teh bottom of the pile now that I am digging in on the FT pf swap.

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

ACDC is a fun game , I'm thinking about trying to find one this year , I've started to save some money for it . But like jarjarisgod said it does depend on what the chopping block pin is .

#183 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Some of the most fun I have had in the past year was hanging out and working on your RFM pf swap Dan!

Me too!

But, in another example of I have no freakin' time, not just have I failed to send you those couple things that are here, I also have not put the last three or four parts on that playfield to complete the project. And, since I'm an idiot and left it out, I manage to crack part of the left ramp. YARG.

I'm actually *super* excited about "The Mystery Project That Shall Not Be Named Night" I'm starting to gear up for. There is a good chance I'm going to call that my birthday party this year

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from Nibbles:

'maybe' TSPP, wife doesn't care for it, I dig it (but could give or take compared to ACDC)

Does your wife like your other pins at least?

Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to play ACDC yet... So I can't really render an opinion on it. TSPP, on the other hand, is a pin that has grown on me over the past year. I went from not caring for it at all to kind of enjoying it.

#185 9 years ago

If getting a pin you and your bride really want means selling one that you like less, it sounds like an easy decision. Sell TSPP and get an ACDC Premium. Whenever we go to a friends place, he has ten pins, we all spend more time playing ACDC than all of the other pins combined.

Quoted from Nibbles:

I'm really on the fence about buying a NIB ACDC Premium, anyone see the need to talk me down? Played the snot out of it at BlaineBrook and i dig it, and the wife likes it more than one of my pins (so that one is likely on the chopping block to help with the purchase). What say you?!?

#186 9 years ago

Hey Guys!
I'm taking a brief break from juggling pinball projects at the moment & figured I'd chime in too!

I've currently got 3 games in various states of mess, and lovin'it! Between preparing for the Waun-a-Tourney and the MGC, I'm having no problem keeping very busy & out of trouble. Having some Pinball happenings to look forward to this spring helps get thru this lame (so far) winter.

Great to have a local thread going to get familiar with everyone, and see most of you soon!

#187 9 years ago

Whysnow - I would enjoy coming out to dedicate a long Saturday to anything you got cooking.

Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone is interested in helping me out on a weekend day, then please let me know.

#188 9 years ago

Glad I'm not the only one with more projects lined up than I have time for..... I have 6 machines that do not work, and another 10 that need either a pf swap or a major shop job.

#189 9 years ago

If anyone is seriously interested in making plans to come over some Saturday and work on pins just shoot me a PM. Even if you are already my friend, don't feel bad about taking my cash. If cash makes you uncomfortable then just let me know something you need for one of your games and I will buy it for you in exchange for your help. I know time is valuable and have no problems paying someone to lend a hand. It is also way more fun to work on pins with someone else and unfortunately my wife starts back up school next week so my current pin helper is mainly MIA for the next 3 months.

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

we all spend more time playing ACDC than all of the other pins combined.

That's all we play at my place too. Tron will change that..........then Avengers.

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone is seriously interested in making plans to come over some Saturday and work on pins just shoot me a PM. Even if you are already my friend, don't feel bad about taking my cash. If cash makes you uncomfortable then just let me know something you need for one of your games and I will buy it for you in exchange for your help. I know time is valuable and have no problems paying someone to lend a hand. It is also way more fun to work on pins with someone else and unfortunately my wife starts back up school next week so my current pin helper is mainly MIA for the next 3 months.

If we weren't 150 miles apart I would suggest we get together and tackle one of your PF swaps and then after that one of mine. Problem here is I work 5 out of 6 Saturdays and my wife works nights so she is often sleeping at odd times.

#192 9 years ago

damn wifes

#193 9 years ago

I am happy that this thread has caught fire. Most all the characters I had hoped for have already made an appearance. I will have to watch and when my karma is getting close to 10000 I will have to post on this thread to put it over the top.

#194 9 years ago

Characters, what characters!

Just a heads up. Last year was my first big pinball party in May. Plan to do another one in May this year, WOZ or no WOZ. Don't have a firm date yet but will sometime in April.

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Glad I'm not the only one with more projects lined up than I have time for..... I have 6 machines that do not work, and another 10 that need either a pf swap or a major shop job.

as soon as you are tired of working on your ST:TNG let me know and i will help you out (by moving it to my place that is)

#196 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Characters, what characters!
Just a heads up. Last year was my first big pinball party in May. Plan to do another one in May this year, WOZ or no WOZ. Don't have a firm date yet but will sometime in April.

I had a blast and would be thrilled to make the guest list again. Ever since that night I have wanted to do the same here but obviously the collection wouldn't match up with yours. I need to quit buying projects and get a solid dozen machines ready for prime time so I can pull this off.

#197 9 years ago

Probably worth mentioning that if we can get enough guys to commit to bring games, MadRollinPinball 2013 will happen again in September. I have some ideas for huge improvements over last year that will both make things run smoother and should appeal to all types and qaulity of players.

Ideally I would love to do a pinbrawl style of event but that will mean getting 20 games committed to come from area collectors. I will also need to talk with Dan about logisitcs of making a smaller docock to ensure power for that many games.

I know that is a tall order, but a big perk will be a private Friday evening gathering for all that bring games to share with pizza and beer supplied by me.

If we can not get that many games then I still have some fun ideas for alternative events that should be fun and creative in some way.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I had a blast and would be thrilled to make the guest list again. Ever since that night I have wanted to do the same here but obviously the collection wouldn't match up with yours. I need to quit buying projects and get a solid dozen machines ready for prime time so I can pull this off.

Don't worry Russ. You will be on the list.

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Probably worth mentioning that if we can get enough guys to commit to bring games, MadRollinPinball 2013 will happen again in September. I have some ideas for huge improvements over last year that will both make things run smoother and should appeal to all types and qaulity of players.

Ideally I would love to do a pinbrawl style of event but that will mean getting 20 games committed to come from area collectors. I will also need to talk with Dan about logisitcs of making a smaller docock to ensure power for that many games.

I know that is a tall order, but a big perk will be a private Friday evening gathering for all that bring games to share with pizza and beer supplied by me.

If we can not get that many games then I still have some fun ideas for alternative events that should be fun and creative in some way.

even if i can't make it up there, if someone wants to come up and get a couple games from me i would be happy to donate. if i can make it i will bring them myself. for anyone interested, i do have a walkout lower level that can be driven down to with a pickup truck.

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Don't worry Russ. You will be on the list.

Do I have to do your dirty work again to get an invite?

There are 17,860 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!