1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

934 posts in this topic match your search for posts by whysnow. You are on page 3 of 4.
#7527 8 years ago

I should also mention that AMH is part of the month long casual competition going on, "FALL FLIPOUT"

http://www.madisonpinball.com/#!fall-flipout/cmw2

for info.

ALL are welcome and after party (with games on free play) for all players. Medals for the top 8 finishers!

1 week later
#7555 8 years ago

I could have helped but then you went and pulled this

Congrats on the pick up!

#7557 8 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

it's a good thing you have pinballs to play in order to get people to hang out with, because trying to be a Bear's fan must be tough.

it sucks most years. At least this year I can talk about September baseball.

How those Brewers doing?

#7559 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Chicago still has a football team?

yup and as of now they have a better record than pittsburg and are tied for 2nd in the league

#7561 8 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

My wife is a huge Bears fan. I finally decided this was a good year to bring her to Soldiers Field for a game. I picked the Broncos game. Figured I mine as well pick a game where I can watch them get their a$$ kicked

that will be my first ever Bears game also. I have wanted to go for years but never had the opportunity. Family friend that has a bunch of season passes offered up a pair on the 35yd line for face value. My brother is flying out from Denver for it. Should be fun.

#7579 8 years ago

creech also for sale now as I may have a line on an ISO game to buy outright.

#7586 8 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Stopped in Madison on the way home from Milwaukee today. Stopped at Pooley's, but sports bar on a Sunday.... what the Hell. No hurry to get home, so we headed to Schwoegler's instead. Big fat thumbs up to Whysnow. Great lineup, and all the tables in great shape.
Plus it was the first time I've gotten to play an AMH. Had heard it was good, but always thought it looks a bit strange. Damn thing is fun as can be. Call outs were cracking me up like an idiot.

Thanks! Yeah, pooleys is busy on nfl sundays.

I have to say that maintaing pins is a group effort and all the madison pinball guys do it as a team. Scwoeglers is largely kept playing good by sean and garrett.

Thanks for stopping out to support pinball on route!

1 week later
#7621 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

To let the locals know. I've canceled the Pinball Circus coming up.
Thank you all for your past support of the event.
LTG : )

bummer!
hope all is ok.

#7649 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

or has any opinions on it

WAY BETTER! Nice job and improvements!!!!

Worked very smooth for me!

#7663 8 years ago

It really is a cool and different playing game. Very challenging but keeps me wanting to play more!

little secret >> It currently is running the newest code before any other AMH in the world. One of the greatest things about Ben is that he is a real pinhead also. He stopped out yesterday to load up v22 of the code and even do some programming and bug testing on site.

Thanks for dropping quarters so we can keep doing this!

Like KingPin suggests, come on out to one of the casual monthly tournaments and play, say, hello, and meet the crew of regular players. It is a fun way to learn rulesets, challenge yourself to play better, and possibly meet some new pin buddies.

#7670 8 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

now I spent thousands on a machine.

give it a year...

I think I went for 1 game to 12 in the first 12 months, lol.

If you ever have troubles with your TAF then I am happy to let you look at mine (at pooley's) if you need to see how something goes.

#7679 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

You know how i know i'm not as big of a pinball nerd as you lot... because i don't what the hell games the acronym's stand for

great feature of pinside. hover over the acronym and it will tell you. TAF = the addams family.

#7709 8 years ago

seems to me that they do listen and make adjustments EVERY year. I have been going to MGC for 4 (maybe 5) years now and each year they grow, make adjustments, take feedback, and improve!

I am sure they are taking ALL feedback into account as that is what they do.

#7712 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its just so loud

I agree fully and think they will be making adjustments this year to address it.

I am old so everything is loud to me but it did seem REALLY LOUD last year.

#7717 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

How about they move the live band to the after party!

lol

#7730 8 years ago

LTG has the best advice ALWAYS for ALL shows. Put yourself out there. Do EVERYTHING and you will get it all back. Offer to help if you see someone that needs it and you will have more fun.

Be open to a good time and try your darnedest to make it happen and you will have a blast!

2 weeks later
#7820 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The players here are not big fans of the game.

the players often seem to complain about the games that many casual pinball people really love.

Definately seems to be very differnet equation for what makes for a good game for a player vs a regular person just looking to have fun with pinball.

#7833 8 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Lightning flippers on FT yay or nay?

100% YES! It plays perfect with them and regulars make the game boring!

#7836 8 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know that the largest location in WI now has 12 games!

www.madisonpinball.com for up to date games list

Stop on out to Schwoegler's on the westside of Madison and check it out. We are proud of the pretty diverse lineup (EM all the way up to brand new KISS and AMH). Especially excited that we are able to provide a game made right in WI, with America's Most Haunted.

Side note that AMH is holding up very well and it appears to be well liked by both players and casual pinballers!

2 weeks later
#7890 8 years ago

Pinball in Madison gets a little better this week.

We now have our 3rd location opening this Friday. Alt Brew, a brewery specializing in gluten free beer, has graciously partnered with Madison Pinball to help bring more pinball to the masses!

Very pumped for this new location on a personal level as my wife is a Celiac with a severe intolerance to Gluten. She also likes drinking beer and playing pinball.

IronMan and JM go in to the new spot on Friday with 2 more games to follow shortly. If things go well, there is a possiblity that the location can expand in # even more!

Please stop on out this weekend and say hello to the owners of the new spot. Be sure to try a beer (they have regular beer also, but the GF stuff is really good) and tip your bartenders well.

#7893 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have many Celiac friends too! That is exciting! Beer and pin go together too! I actually leave a 6 pack of GF beer in the fridge, along with cider.
I have a handful of breweries here...wish they'd get some pins! May have to sweet talk some.

I have tried LOTS of GF beer due to my wife drinking it. To put it simple, most is pretty meh and some if down right bad.

The new Alt Brew stuff is really great and I put their new nut brown in top 5 favorite beers currently. They are in bottles all over Madison area and expanding distribution rapidly. Pretty sure they will start filling growlers soon also, so stop on your way through town next time.

#7895 8 years ago

sorry for not mentioning that.

Put a point on the pinmap now
https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/alt-brew-madison-wi-united-states

#7954 8 years ago

I am heading over to Pooleys for 'lunch' and to update TWD code now...

I am wondering if I will make it back to work today???

#7962 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Anyone having trouble accessing the Wisconsin pinball website?

works for me but seems a bit slow

#7965 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Weird it won't open in my browser.

you have been kicked of the island I guess...

Quoted from Whysnow:

I am heading over to Pooleys for 'lunch' and to update TWD code now...
I am wondering if I will make it back to work today???

TWD at Pooleys is updated. Fun stuff!

#7972 8 years ago

Happy turkey day my WI MN brothers!

2 weeks later
#8057 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

He has lots more games than he has room for on route.

what a crazy thing. whom would ever do that?

#8060 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you usually can get around half of what you paid back when you pull it off route. or if you find a sucker, 70% of what you paid.

if you know ANYONE selling recent Sterns for 50-70% of the purchase price post being routed for 6-18months and well maintained, PLEASE send me the their direction!

1 week later
#8106 8 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

Looking to buy a BSD if anyone has a lead on one please pm me! Thanks

get in line buddy

#8116 8 years ago

The guy has killed so many machines it is sad. There is unfortunately no talking to him to educate him on what he should be doing if he wants to save games.

he is oblivious and likes it that way.

#8121 8 years ago

He likes to clear right over mylar. Guy is beyond a hack. Sad that he has an inside connection w a few old operators and buys lots of games that way.

#8126 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

The only thing he really does that is irresponsible is "clear coating".

and he unfortunately does it to a majority of the games he 'restores'. Rattlecan clear with parts still on the game in most cases.

Flame polishing to him also ensures you will have a ramp that is distorted or melted in a thing spot. He also thinks flame polishing plastics is a thing??? Last time I went to look at a game he had flame polished all the plastics and got them too hot. Rounded corners and burnt/bubbled spots. Don has some serious bad talent and has killed many games forever. At some point I am sure some of us locals will start stumbling on some of his masterpieces once removed when the original buyers resell.

#8130 8 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

once I get a few medical bills paid for.

anything for sale

#8131 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Surprising to me that with the amount of info that is out there on the Internet and the ease of doing your own research. There is still a market for him to sell these machines that have been "restored".

I think his main buyer is the uniformed non-pinhead. All the things he says sound great to some non-informed home user getting their first pin. They also dont have the attention to detail to know what to look for.

I offered to Don that I could share a few pointers and explained that much of what he does is not preserving the game but doing more damage in the long run. He basically said thanks but he was happy with the way he did it. I tried to be nice and let him know he could get more money ans quicker sales with a similar amount of time if he just did a few things differently, but he had no desire to learn.

#8138 8 years ago

i think you have a problem. i will start referring to you are Mark II (both an Iron Man and a Madison Pinball reference)

oh, I KNOW I have a problem, LOL.

Mark is a solid guy so that is cool. Reality is that guys like Mark make it easy for me to justify, LOL. He has 51 games I think... so my 27 is nothing.

I do have an issue of too few operational games but have been making headway on that lately (most go to route but almost able to start having fun with my personal colelction again).

1 week later
#8187 8 years ago

Alt Brew in Madison will be hosting their first monthly Tournament (1st Thursday of each month, starts at 6:30pm)

5 games to play

IFPA WPPR points
Good beer!
Prizes and fun!

only cost is coin drop.

#8189 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Does this mean no GOT Premium? Following Chris's lead.
Good choice getting a SM.

I got this one...

Quoted from u2sean:

It simply means we'll be picking up a Spidy!

#8191 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Cool. Make sure you get that right ramp protector from cliffy as well as a shooter lane protector (paint wears off).

for spidey?

#8195 8 years ago

Great First Alt Brew Monthly.

THANKS to all that came out

945874_1101248803233126_932478062567953394_n_(resized).jpg945874_1101248803233126_932478062567953394_n_(resized).jpg

#8200 8 years ago

surprised nobody has commented on Gene's huge shadow pecker yet...

I think that is what KingPin was getting ready to measure

#8214 8 years ago

Pooley's monthly in Madison is this Wednesday. Starts at 6:30 Just coin drop to play. Madison Pinball pint glass to a random player this month and free pitcher of beer to the winner.

I won my first one ever last month and will cash in my free pitcher to share with the warm up crew Hope to see you there.

This will be the last month with the currnet line up. Something new to Madison will be showing up by next month...

#8217 8 years ago

that is just toom much flux when soldering the new light sockets

looks like silicone for rubbers? great choice!

#8220 8 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

First world problems: My 40th birthday is coming up, and now my dream machine(Barracorra) is on the market. In fact, there's two of them! But I'm broke from buying myself an early birthday present: a Calico M-100.

ummmm...

Where are there 2 in the market? Been looking for one for 2 years since my wife and I fell in love with the game at LIONMANs

#8224 8 years ago

AWESOME LTG!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8226 8 years ago

I really wish I could go to Tom's!

always busy setting up and tweaking stuff for clock chaos so no Tom's for me again

2 weeks later
#8258 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

This was at Mortimer's. Beautiful condition, D&G went through it and got the bug fixes out of the way and added some stuff to it like extra spotlights and cliffys. Has a shaker motor in it as well. This is not a typical routed game by any means.

Curious why selling this so quickly?

#8260 8 years ago
Quoted from DG_Amuse:

Honestly...because it's a son of a bitch to keep clean. That's all.
I planned to sell one after the launch party.
The Pro with Scott's translite and a few tweaks is a great machine (although very different from the LE).

thanks... hoping we dont regret the 1st premium purchase we have ever made for route.

#8262 8 years ago
Quoted from DG_Amuse:

I wouldn't think so, it got played and the feedback on it was great. So, unless you could buy an AFM with that $...

unfortunately unlikely we could find one for the same price and in a good condition

Glad to hear people liked it!

1 week later
#8284 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I thought there was....... whysnow may of started it..
I need to shop my Waterworld and it would probably come...but #@$@#$ that is a heavy big ass game.

nope, no time to manage the thread.

It revolves each year to somebody new. I say one of you make a go for it.

#8286 8 years ago
Quoted from dkazz1:

Well I am unable to attend this year but may have a few of my friends looking for a game for me (or I'll be there just on Sunday but highly doubtful). March is pretty busy for me unfortunately.

bringing anything to sell/trade?

#8288 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

No time?! Don't you just live on the forum

not as often lately but do keep tabs on the good threads.

#8299 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Last 15 seconds were worth it..wow.

"gravity always wins"

#8301 8 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

I know this has been discussed before, but... Can someone that knows this guy please reason with him. He's using his spray can clear on rare games now!
madison.craigslist.org link

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/koadi

He is a pinsider but rarely comes around. He unfortunately wont listen to anyone it seems. The really sad part is that he puts plenty of time and effort into what he does, just refuses to learn better/ best practices.

#8303 8 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

anyone interested in a MN/WI/ND/SD/IA for sale thread similar to others that exist on here or do we typically treat this thread as such?

this thread is pretty much used for most WI/MN for sale or trade items.

I see no reason to bring in ND/SD... I cant imagine ever going out there for a pin.

IA possibly but they already have their own thread.

#8314 8 years ago

Just wanted to thank whoever put the GOT on route at schwoeglers in Madison. I completely missed any posts regarding this and it was an awesome surprise.

glad you like the GOTpremium at Schwoeglers. Myself, u2Sean, and bigdaddybanjo are responsible for it (along with the other 12 games there). Also have Ironman as a new addition and SMVE will be there as soon as it arrives.

All current game list can be found at www.madisonpinball.com or feel free to follow us on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/MadisonPinball/

We recently updated to add PayRange on a select group of the newer games so you can use your phone to now play games.

#8316 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

I can't wait to go to Madison some day soon.

give me a heads up when you are coming over and we can play some games.

#8320 8 years ago

nail biter!

Were you guys playing one handed?

#8326 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I believe it's at $2600 right now.

same seller or someone buy and reselling?

2 weeks later
#8351 8 years ago

In case anyone missed it, Full Trottle will be going out to Pooleys in Madison this Wednesday!

Stop on out and play and check out one of the rarest new games out there currently (this is #41).

#8354 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Speaking of Pooley's, anyone stopping there for lunch on Friday April 8th, on there way to MGC?

AltBrew ia also on the eastside of town (just shoot down 51 from interstate) and usuaully open around 2pm on Fridays.

#8358 8 years ago

Just picked up 2 more games!

A HUO TSPP and a pretty nice LOTR as a pair. I will probably keep 1 and sell the other, or trade towards something with the other. Will be a couple weeks before I get to them but figured I would toss it out in the regional thread as a heads up/feeler in case anyone is looking. I could possibly get 1 cleaned up in time for MGC?

For TSPP, unfortunately the previous owner dropped a tool (drill?) when working in his basement and broke pf glass; took a small nick in pf. I guess this happened a few years ago and he said F it when he realized how much glass he would need to clean up and has not played the games since.

#8361 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Where are you storing these? I thought you were out of space 3
Machines ago?

I find places, LOL.

Currently looking into adding a second story on the house just for pinball. I wish I had a sweet basement, but we dont want to move.

#8363 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

You have to start to find other places to put them. Parent's house, brother's house, in-laws, basement of a church, things like that. Adding a 2nd floor seems a bit hardcore, but you only live once I guess.

you dont happen to have a back room I can put some

We should just buy a second house with like 3-4 local collectors and put them all there...

#8364 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just picked up 2 more games!
A HUO TSPP and a pretty nice LOTR as a pair. I will probably keep 1 and sell the other, or trade towards something with the other. Will be a couple weeks before I get to them but figured I would toss it out in the regional thread as a heads up/feeler in case anyone is looking. I could possibly get 1 cleaned up in time for MGC?
For TSPP, unfortunately the previous owner dropped a tool (drill?) when working in his basement and broke pf glass; took a small nick in pf. I guess this happened a few years ago and he said F it when he realized how much glass he would need to clean up and has not played the games since.

I am thinking TSPP will be the one to go after sleeping on it.

If anyone local wants take a look then you know where to find me.

#8366 8 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I thought it was kind of hard to trap with them.

I think that is all very intentional. Flipper travel is almost identical to Roadshow and other widebodies from mid 90s. I remember RS tossed me for a real loop when I initially got it since the longer coil stops make it harder to trap.

I think with FullT it works well since it is a flow monster.

#8368 8 years ago

A little birdie tells me there is a Hobbit out on route in the greater Madison area for the next 2 days...

#8372 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

I'd have to make some room first. I'm full up.

wonder how many others are now going to click to see your colelction

#8374 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'll be moving a few games in the next few months, bbh world, checkpoint and waterworld. I need to find time to clean them up to list!

I think pinsider Harvs was looking for a checkpoint???

2 weeks later
#8434 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

There is a great kitchen right up the stairs.Why does he need two within a few paces of each other? Gotta think practically - 4 more games is much more prudent.

I have to agree with Mark on this.

dont you love how we are all for knocking down walls and removing kitchens to fit more games.

Actually, come to think of it... How much do you really use that upstairs kitchen? Maybe gut it and then you could fit 20 more pins. Just use the downstairs kitchen going forward.

#8443 8 years ago

if you are looking to purchase a NIB one let me know. Haven't seen too many 75th Anniversary (Ruby Red) machines on the secondary market yet, but you never know what will happen tomorrow.

If anyone is looking for a NIB game in the region, KinPin Games is the guy to go through. I think he is still offering some specials if you are military or retired military.

#8445 8 years ago

Madison Pinball will be hosting the official Ghost Busters launch party on May 7th @ Alt Brew (1806 Wright St. in Madison).

Qualifying will run from ~11:30am-4pm with playoffs to start immediately after. First play on GB is on the house. 5 other games available for play while you hang out.
Everyone is welcome and invited. Prizes and give-a-ways also from Alt Brew and Madison Pinball.

It will also be craft beer week so a good opportunity to check out the beer selection at Alt Brew and also partake of some of the food carts they will have on site.

Hope to see you there and be sure to stop by Pooleys to check out Full Throttle on your way out after the GB launch party.

#8472 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Anyone in the Twin Cities area or within driving distance have a Congo or know someone who has one?
I'm NOT looking to buy it, so don't worry.
We are cooking up something really cool for the first or second Saturday in May here in the Twin Cities and I would love to talk to anyone who has one about being a part of it via e-mail or phone. This will be something you don't want to miss. Please let me know. Thanks!
congo_bg_pinball_(resized).jpg

I am interested and there is an off handed chance I could make it up. What are you thinking.

#8478 8 years ago

nice lineup!

spidey looking thin between those 2 wide girls!

#8523 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Anyone care to chime in on current value of a Slugfest? Has card dispenser and topper. Some cab fade I believe but not terrible. Trying to help my brother move one and I don't follow the market on those.

I offered mine up a while back and had multiple people saying they would take it for 1200 (similar condition to the one you describe but with new plastics and all LEDs plus NVRAM.

I think 11-1400 is typical as you describe.

I owe photos to someone as I told them I would pull it post baseball season from route and they have first dibs.

#8525 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Is yours the one at Pooley's?

yes, that is the one.

#8527 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

i wish I could. I really wanted to make that party anyway, but I cannot. We have league finals on that day

we also have the WI launch party going on that same day so unfortunately I cant make it up either. Woudl love to have taken my Congo and gotten it signed!

#8529 8 years ago

it is. I thought yours was on the 7th also?

#8534 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yup, and I wanted to attend that party too, and couldn't for the same reason.

clarified above that I had it wrong.

MN launch is Apr 30th
WI launch is May 7th

#8567 8 years ago

I put up a TX-Sector for trade in the marketplace.

Looking for a Frontier or Viking. PM me to discuss.

Will consider some others both those are primary currently.

2 weeks later
#8589 7 years ago

looks like a fun time! Nice job guys!

#8599 7 years ago

The official WI Ghostbusters Launch Party is this next Saturday @Alt Brew in Madison. Check www.madisonpinball.com fof full details.

We wont have Ernie. We wont have Ecto1. We wont have cosplay (well, some might I guess). We wont have Jared (he is welcome but this is not the sort of thing that people fly in for).

We will have beer (it is craft beer week) and we will still have a good time! A bit more low key for a launch but sure to still be a great way to spend a Saturday. Official trophy, a few translites, and a BUNCH of Stern swag showed up yesterday.

The launch party also provides an opportuntiy for in person registration for Mad Rollin' Pinball, the largest annual charity pinball event in the region (sells out every year even through we make it bigger and better each year).

#8609 7 years ago
Quoted from Harvs:

Curious if anyone is going to the Michigan pin show in 2 weeks and has room to bring a pin back? I will pay!
PM me if you can help. Thanks

I am full on the way back. Sorry I cant help.

I do have some room on the way over if anyone needs anything delivered.

#8615 7 years ago

Reminder of the Ghost Busters WI Launch event. Saturday at Alt Brew in Madison (1806 Wright St. Madison, WI)
11:30-4:30(ish) qualifying. Playoffs to follow. Translites, trophy, prizes, and Beer!

Stop on out for some fun pinballing and pick up some IFPA points while you are at it!

#8628 7 years ago

Thanks to all that came out for the WI GhostBuster Launch Party! It was a fun time and I liked this more casual style for a launch. We had 40 players (~15 that were new to pinball competition!) and plenty of time for everyone to get a few plays on GB along with some great brats and beer!

Looking forward to the next event already, which is coincidentally the Pooleys monthly on Wed @6:30.

Stop on out for more pinball action!

1 week later
#8645 7 years ago

If anyone from MN area is driving down to Madison and can transport that BBH Safari then please let me know. I have $100 plus gas money for you.

1 month later
#8706 7 years ago

how much was the vette? great pin!

#8710 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

$2750. Needs a good shop job and some tweaks, but should be really nice when it's done. I've just got to find the time to put some hours into it.

great deal! I really enjoy mine! Game has a ton of stuff jammed into it. Great shooter. In case you did not know, it was originally slated a s awidebody and then had to be condensed to a standard late in the design. You can tell once you look at it, but it still shoots like a beauty!

#8715 7 years ago
Quoted from jpolfer:

2016 WI SCS news
============
Just wanted to communicate to everyone that I am stepping down as director of the 2016 IFPA WI SCS tournament to be held February 2017. Paul Okruhlica of the Twisted Flippers league will be taking point on getting it organized for next February.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Please make sure he contacts tom and i as we have other things in the works since we had not heard from anyone.

#8717 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Tom contacted me to ask if we were doing it next year. Was working on it.

Yes, curent thoughts are that it will be at Neos or someone else that may be interested if Neo can't. The hope is for Neos as he provides a great and diverse collection. Thanks in advance Neo!

We preferred to not announce till things were actually solidified. I am not quite sure of the reasoning for making such a post rather than contacting Tom and I since we are the ones that have been keeping stuff moving forward and growing for the SCS for the past 2 years and are the current WI TDs for SCS.

Tom and I will reach out to Paul after the Holiday week when we get home from vacation to coordinate on MKE region TD.

#8719 7 years ago

Thanks for posting TOM. i agree with all of the above. i also spoke with Paul already and he is happy to assist with TD for this year. wE will leave it to Neo and Paul to work together to coordinate the location and which of them is the official TD. Tom and I will of course assist and please keep us informed. wE all invest alot of time and energy into building the sport in the state and want to keep it growing and moving forward in a team effort. VERY happy to hear we now have 2 guys on board to make it even better thisnyear!!!

#8727 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I doubt mine are set up correctly considering they all have LED's in them......... BOOOOOOM !!!!!!

Would be awesome if you were willing to host SCS chris! And i like your LEDS and your charming good looks

2 weeks later
1 week later
#8802 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Yep. Happened in the first 500 plays. People are freaking out so much about "ghosting" inserts, they are going to lose it when their LCD screens start breaking.

as they should for both.

#8811 7 years ago

nice!

#8818 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yup down draft, but with the windows where they are at he's pretty limited. He'd have to build a custom system but it is doable.

could he pull in from the windows and out on the bottom/ lead it out the garage?

#8834 7 years ago

we need to leave something not turned on when Neo is around. Have to counter balance things...

#8839 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I know, because when i'm there, all you guys are turned on.

giddity giggity goo

#8851 7 years ago

Just reschedule the tourney for Novemeber NEO!

To much movement with the event due to crappy issues w Stern. Better off to just move it way out to a date when you knwo for sure you will have your premium (and hopefully no ghosting inserts)

2 weeks later
#8909 7 years ago
Quoted from barkerlake:

I joined here to update all the MSP locations. So many places on the map have the incorrect machines listed..but when I try to update them, it says I don't have enough cred to do such a thing.
What do I need to do?

dont give up.

Guessing the site has some feature built in to prevent new members from coming in and mucking things up a bit. Basically have to be here a while to be able to access other feature of the site.

I suggest messaging the owner of the site, Robin, and ask him for details or if he can give you map privlages.

I love both the pinside and pinball map pinball trackers. This one is the much better interface in my opinion but only some areas are kept accurate. The data is only as good as the users and I can say it continues to get better.

#8935 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Tons of great pins for under $1500 .Don't worry about top 100 ,it's just a list based on people's opinions .

Agreed! And many of those opinions have little value since the people making the ratings havent played many games, overly rate the ones they own higher, and in general are just junk. So many great games that can be found under 1500.

#8946 7 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Now why does TX something come to mind when I read this? Could have sworn I heard someone talking this up...

It actually is an amazaballs game

I am guessing it is no where near the top 100 either.

2 weeks later
#8969 7 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

minneapolis.craigslist.org link
Someone please go and get this. If I didn't have an ID4 already. It's an under-rated game that doesn't come up for sale often. This guy is letting it go for damn near nothing. Really good deal.

go pick it up for me and I'll give you $200

#8975 7 years ago

Just a reminder that te 6th Annual Mad Rollin' Pinball is going on this Saturday. All day at Alt Brew in Madison (1806 Wright st). While the main event is all full, there is a side tournament, great raffle for some super unique prizes, and also a chance to win your very own pinball machine.

All are welcome to stop on out, play in the side event, buy some raffle tickets, drink a beer ($1 from each kickback klosh is being donated to the charity by the bar), and socialize. There will be a handful of games not used in the tourney that will also be available for play.

Lastly there will be some games availabel for sale as kingpin is bringing down a full trailer.

#8978 7 years ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

It was a great time. Nothing quite like 12 straight hours of pinball. Noble cause too.

glad you had fun Chris.

Finally got the last of the games loaded out this morning and just submitted final results to IFPA (should update in a few days).
I will get all the donations added up in a bit and post up the final tally.

2 weeks later
#8989 7 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

How come nobody wants the Wheel of Fortune listed on Mpls Craigslist? Been there awhile actually.
Guy has been consistently dropping his price. He says this is the final day of the listing.
His price has hit (or rather bottomed out) at $3000 OR Best Cash Offer!
Find this a bit curious is all...
I know what you're thinkin'... "Why don't you buy it?"
... cause I ain't got three grand that's why... BUT if I did that bad boy would be sittin' in my house already!

I dont see it, but in general even if HUO, 3K is too high (hence why it has not sold)

2 weeks later
#9047 7 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

I'm in the process of relocating to the Milwaukee area, and will be moving into my house in a couple weeks. Looking forward to meeting some of the local pinheads.

be sure to swing on over to Madison and check out the decks we have on route.

www.madisonpinball.com
for full and current game lists at the 3 great locations!

If you are ever going to swing over, then shoot me a message and we can meet up and play a few games.

#9062 7 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

If he gets a paypal payment for that, he will net just above $2,500. Ouch.

seems about inline based on condition. Problem is he would have been better off just taking 2500 cash and not dealing with the additional hassles of ebay

1 week later
#9106 7 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Hey guys, is there any good locations with multiple pins available for play in ne wisconsin? Either bars or pizzacades or something similar? All i know of is a couple in madison.

does not seem to be much in your area unfortunately.

You can check the pinside map >> https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play
also www.pinballmap.com

for places.

If you are in madison I suggest
https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/8428-alt-brew-madison-wi-united-states

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/7239-schwoegler-s-bowling-entertainment-madison-wi-united-states

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/6569-pooley-s-madison-wi-united-states

#9110 7 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Nice, thx for the help guys. Maybe if i win the lottery ill open up a pinball joint! Think field of dreams for pinball. Build it and they will come.....

also, not sure if just assuming based on your user name, but the Phish is often heard at my house when playing pinball.

If you dig that then we would likely get along well

3 weeks later
#9135 7 years ago

Mad Rollin 2017 info for those looking to mark it on your calendar now.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-rollin-pinball-2017-sept-22-23#post-3467111

2 weeks later
#9176 7 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

but I do understand it may be against the wishes of the creators.

look ^^^ 1 post from yours... That IS the creator.

Seems liek the right thing to do is respect what he created and put out for free.

1 week later
#9204 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

If anyone is heading out to PA for any reason, I have $400 cash if you pick up a machine for me.

when do you need it picked up?

#9206 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Working on those details now, as of now nothing has been confirmed so dates are open.

I am taking a potential trip to PA in late April and a for sure trip in July. I can bring back a game for you if you can wait till then.

1 week later
#9218 7 years ago

MachineDrawing.pngMachineDrawing.png

#9220 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Hey, that is super cool. Pop-A-Card is a lot of fun. Downside is it looks like there will be one less EM on location.

*pop-a-card is an example of a machine that will be awarded. Exact machine will be of similar calibur and quality, but announced at a later date.

No worries, as we have a few other nice EMs being prepped currently and they will be going out. We really enjoy sharing all era of games.

#9234 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. There are times like the refresh party, my 40th anniversary party, future 50th anniversary party, and what I'm thinking of for a new game arriving. That are more customer appreciation, and totally on me.

it feels great to do those free events, doesnt it LTG!

We did a free play event last month and 12 entirely new people came in! It was great to show them all about pinball!

#9260 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I agree.
Or Madison?

Mad Rollin Pinball is Sept 22-23 (largest charity pinball event in the region and I think our 6th year now). Things continue to grow each year. Last year, Kingpin brought a bunch of stuff and we have space to grow more. If people wanted to coordinate a flea market on the 23rd, then feel free to reach out.

I have my hands full with the main event stuff, but it would be easy to bolt on some sort of swap meet and PLENTY of space, esp outdoor space.

#9264 7 years ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

March 11th Silver Ball

what is this? had not heard anything about it yet.

#9266 7 years ago

thx. It is unclear from the post, what is the format/time/details. I would like to try to make it up to support but need more info to make the decision.

#9300 7 years ago
Quoted from barkerlake:

Man, I decided on a whim to check out East Side pinball at Sun Ray. Really wish I had chosen my usual spots (Mort's, Nomad) cause their pins were not enjoyable. First I went to Family Guy and put in $2 assuming it was 3/$2, not the case. Oh well, I don't mind paying a little more if the pins are kept up. However, this Family Guy had such a severe slant to the right that it made it unplayable for me.
I tried Elvira, and that slanted heavily to the left. Also, one of the flippers would get stuck frequently, which caused me to drain during multiball
I tried Mousin Around, and the flippers were super weak (especially the right one)
Lastly, I tried Hook. Flippers were also pretty weak (got stuck on occasion as well)

curious, did you reach out to the operator and let them know? Seems very opposite of what I have heard about Sun Ray Lanes in the past. On route, games can easily and quickly get out of whack and if nobody tells the OP then they cant fix it.

I know I am sure thankful for the people that let me know when my games need some attention (my #, email, and QR code is on all my games and I think that is how Sun Ray is also?)

#9303 7 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Thanks for the feedback. I had a stroke in December and have been slowly getting back to my normal day to day. I had a huge backlog of issues I have been working on.

had not heard. Glad to hear you are around and getting back to things.

#9305 7 years ago
Quoted from policano:

Thanks for the feedback. I had a stroke in December and have been slowly getting back to my normal day to day. I had a huge backlog of issues I have been working on.

Tony, if you ever want to meet up for an afternoon I am happy to make the trip up. I will bring tools and the other Madison Pinball guys. We are happy to lend a hand to help you clean up games and knock things off the backlog list you have going. Just say the word.

#9328 7 years ago
Quoted from tiesmasc:

Wow... just wow...
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

email sent

#9332 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

no MY EMAIL SENT!

they said solo girl, creeper

#9334 7 years ago

the reply

"Hello!

Thanks for your response. I have a few responses a bit closer to me, but I will let you know!

-Rae"

Unfortunately I did not make the cut. Wonder which MN pinhead took her up on the offer.

#9342 7 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Sure my wife would just LOVE to have that photo shoot in our basement.

my wife gave it the thumbs up, but she is pretty cool. Just wanted to know if we get to watch the photo shoot.

#9357 7 years ago
Quoted from janus:

3 years ago Blainbrook had a Starship Troopers...I miss that game

come down to Madison and play it. On route at Alt Brew. i love it!

#9362 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Was excited to see a Baywatch in one of the pics... but then realized it must have been an old pic, because not listed anywhere that I could see. Bummer, been looking to play one lately.

yeah, that one is back at home.

We do have some new and exciting things coming up in the next few months and we try to rotate games pretty regularly.

I try to keep the website and info up to date, but photos are not always spot on.

#9365 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

And thanks Les... will have to stop by soon.

always a chance. Amazingly that is a game a few of the rgulars have asked to bring back out. I am waiting on my color display to arrive and may install then take it back out at some point.

I have also offered the game to Chad as he is revising the code, so that may mean it goes to him instead.

#9373 7 years ago

not a fan of shakers for the most part. They shake shit loose and I find them distracting rather than enhancing to the pinball experience.

#9386 7 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

My friends and I go to Madison to play the Pins Hilton has on location. The pins in Milwaukee are usually not well maintained. You Madison guys take great care of your pins! Worth the trip, everytime!!

thanks for the kind words!

worth note, i am just the vocal prick, but Sean and Garrett are equal parts Madison Pinball and every bit as responsible for the maintainence and upkeep of the games. I would not be part of this without them and just want to make sure they get to share in the praise. You are more likely to catch them out over at Schwoeglers as they are both westsiders.

1 week later
#9410 7 years ago

Anyone have a HUO Mustang Pro for sale? Please pm me if so. Thanks

#9429 7 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Well, decided on not making the switch to the Fond Du Lac area. However, I would like to get more involved with the Milwaukee / South East Wisconsin pinball crowd. Are there any public/private leagues people would recommend? Any pre or post Midwest Gaming Classic events?
Willing to invite people over as well, but be warned the Argosy is definately not working %100 percent.
Heres to playing more pinball with fellow pinsiders in 2017.

contact Neo about the Twisted Flippers League (a private home collectors league)
Also, Rob Anderson, David Daulga, Mike Ritter, and Paul O are the main peopelt hat put on public monthly meetups in the MKE area.

You can go on ifpa pinball website and check the calendar for upcoming events in your immediate area.

Madison is not too far from you and we of course host 3 monthly public meet-ups. Full details at www.madisonpinball.com and on our FB page.

1 week later
#9455 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Hello to my Wisconsin/Chicago friends!
Are any of you guys driving down to the Texas Pinball Festival?
I want to make an order from Terry at Pinball life, some stuff that is expensive to ship internationally like some lockdown bars etc. I can pop them in my luggage in Texas and take them home with me.
If anyone can bring them down for me you'd have my eternal gratitude and also beers from me at the bar.
Let me know if you can help out!
Cheers
Dave.

I think kingpin is driving. reach out to him. good dude

#9458 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Pinside for the win!

you mean.

cool WI dudes for the win!

1 week later
#9476 7 years ago

from other thread also

Just wanted to say that we bought our Hobbit for route form KingPin and Chris has been spectaculor to work with! Excellent customer service! He is also an actuall pinhead and gives back and supports the community onf a regular basis.
If anyone deserves your game dollars it is Chris! Plain and simple the guy busts his hump to take multiple games to TPF, MGC, and is a BIG supporter of the largest charity event in the region, Mad Rollin Pinball.
Simply put, the guys gives back in a big way and we are lucky to have him in the community. It is not just a business like some of the other distros. It is a passion and a life long family operation.
Even though you buying a game means more competition for us please support Chris when you do it!

#9492 7 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

Anyone try short-plunging the Toys "Lock" shot on the Pro?
Here's video of it being done on the Premium (starts at the 1 hour, 17 minute, 36 second mark):
» YouTube video

works on the pro also

#9496 7 years ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

Thanks everyone for how fun Wauna was again this year. I bowed out early, but it isn't always about that. Had a great time.

great time and fun hanging with you Chris. See you next month at MGC!

#9497 7 years ago

for those that did not stick around, final 4 was

one of the MN guys
Me
Tom
Ryan S

Fun playing with you all.

Luke was on fire all day. I knew when I put up 240+mil on GB in finals and got beat that I was done for.

#9503 7 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Wow.
Congrats to all those who made it to the finals.

Thanks Mark. Congrats to you for making A. In our competitive scene that alone is a heck of a task. I just had a lucky day.

I was largely spurred on by Kirby. He kept giving me shit, so I decided I was gonna give it to him
For the side event it was myself and 3 of the MN guys. They all decided prior to the match that they were going to 3 way split the winnings (i.e. hedge the bets and work together against me). I decided I was left with no choice at that point.

fun times!

#9510 7 years ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

I don't think we could 'work together against you' though. How does that work?

You had all agreed prior to starting finals that the 3 of you were going to combine your winnings and then split them equally 3 ways. Basically making a plan that all any of you needed to do was beat me in order to maximize your payouts. i.e. the 3 of you against me.

#9514 7 years ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

The first part is true. We agreed to split. Yes, beating you would have meant more money for each of us. I split with others at home all the time, and it doesn't mean I'm 'working against' another player. Maybe this just seems oddly worded to me.

I asked to be in on the split and was denied. That was 3 playing together as a team with the sole objective to beat 1.
As you know pinball is as much mental as skill based competition.
No worries. It was all part of the fun of smack talking and worked as a nice motivator for me to take home the win

#9517 7 years ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

but for the harmony of the drive home...

no worries all fun and game Chris

it was fun playing wit you guys and smalk talking along the way! All part of what makes the event a good time.

One of these years a WI person is going to win the main event also

#9529 7 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

I'm more into the late 70's early 80's pins, isn't that all new pin stuff?

www.midwestgamingclassic.com

April 7-9th outside of Milwaukee. If you are into pinball it is a MUST attend event! If you want to play and buy games (from the 1940s to now) then it is THE best place to do so, period!

#9563 7 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I just wanted to check if anyone is has a decent Skateball playfield or is planning a CPR Skateball Playfield swap and has a decent old playfield to sell. I picked up a major project Skateball and the playfield is pretty roached. I also need a backglass. Let me know if you have either. I'll be at the MGC and could pick up too (if somewhat local).

If I score a CPR then I will have a decent original.

I also have a spare wall hanger original that looks slightly better than what you currently have but still pretty rough.

#9572 7 years ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

Way to go Dave, getting past Fred in round one.

Maya continues on also!

#9577 7 years ago

Earthskaer FS or FT

Machine - For Trade
Used - shows wear, needs some work - “I purchased this game over 2 years ago but then found a clearcoated ES and purchased that one instead of cleaning this up. It sat till now in my temp controlled storage. I was goi...”
2017-03-17
Madison, WI
Trade
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 559 times

#9580 7 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

I'll be in Madison all next week for work. Where are the best spots to play?

www.madisonpinball.com

All your pinball needs.
29 games on route, all the newest stuff (Hobbit, Aliens, Aerosmith), all the classics (TAF, AFM, IJ, FT), plus tons of other fun decks.

We also take lots of pride in keeping them running well.

Come on out to Maria's on next Thursday for the first monthly meet up at that new location.

#9582 7 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

pm me if there is a specific night you plan to be out on the East side. I would be happy to meet up for a beer and some pinball if my schedule allows.

cheers

#9589 7 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Whysnow
I might look you up in a couple weeks. Going to be going to The IMAX.

keep me posted

#9590 7 years ago
Quoted from No_Skill:

Looks like my hotel is 7 minutes from Alt and 3 minutes from Pooley's, which is nice.

nice

I am pretty busy but will for sure be hanging at Maria's on Thursday

1 week later
#9604 7 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

So there's one at Alt and at Schwoegler's? That's pretty amazing!

correct! 1 at each location.

Schwoeglers has Aerosmith and DI!
Alt has Aliens and DI!

Double DI! for all the fun!!!!

#9606 7 years ago

reminder for this weekend!

Come play the 2 hottest and newest games out there!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-launch-party-madison-wi-1st-april#post-3682978

1 week later
#9626 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Anyone know the MGC attendance total this year? Tent seemed a bit less busy than the previous years.

Sounded like very similar to previous years. I think people were spread out throughout the day this year which was nice.

I assume over 10k people again.

1 week later
#9637 6 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Just listed Full Throttle for sale in Madison. No need to ship from the UK - get one locally!
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/48250

open to trades? looking for anything in particular?

#9657 6 years ago

We are looking for 4 more game bringer commitments for Mad Rollin Pinball 2017 (Sep 23-24).

LOTS of fun and a party to be had for those involved in making it all happen. Please let me know ASAP if you want in.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mad-rollin-pinball-2017-sept-22-23#post-3467111

#9678 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

What a score! So jealous!

Only thing better would be one on loan from a buddy

#9683 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I have to say it's turning out pretty good. Just a couple issues to sort out with you for backbox lighting, but i think it might have to do with the burnt connectors. Also, the wireforms cleaned up really well, so i opted to have the mount repaired. Turned out pretty good, I'd have to say.

I think you are really gonna like it!

When I get back we will find an afternoon to crank out the oddball stuff and I can show you the rebuild technique for those. YOu will want to learn it for the future as it is one of the most common BW repairs.

1 week later
#9699 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Theater of Magic had a credit dot

often on location, a credit dot is just cause people dont get to every feature/switch. Lots of novice players that just dont hit all the shots/modes.

Quoted from Fezmid:

A couple of the machines had trouble recognizing quarters in one of the slots

the bane of all people with games on route are coin mechs

#9711 6 years ago

Anyone local have a nice EBD playfield for sale?
Anyone on the CPR list for the upcoming run and want to pass it along?

Parts - Wanted
Wanted! - “I know CPR has a FULL/OPEN run and I have asked to be on the waitlist but have not had much luck on the waitlist in the past. If somebody has an early slot and wants to make a qui...”
2017-05-10
Madison, WI
Wanted
Archived after: 40 days
Viewed: 529 times

#9728 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

I posted this as a new topic because I didn't know this thread existed until now.
Anyone have any more info or details about this "fire/smoke"? The place is actually in Waunakee, but it's not listed on Pin Maps.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-causes-fire-in-madison-wi-bar#post-3764221

Quoted from Whysnow:

something locked on, main fuse did its job and blew.
No smoke/minor smoke from what I was told. Just smelt of burning. Game will be fixed later today.
All is good.

1 week later
#9755 6 years ago

GTB Totem that should clean up to be a nice example

madison.craigslist.org link

2 weeks later
#9788 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Very nice GOTpremium. Clean game and well maintained. Recently cleaned and silicone/titan rubber added. No mods or other stuff added. A stock game in good condition for a fair p...”
2017-06-07
Madison, WI
5,900 (OBO)
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 589 times

GoT prem for sale.

2 weeks later
#9816 6 years ago

awesome sight!!!!

#9824 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Anyone have a Jack Bot they want to part with? Must be in nice shape though.

I would possibly trade. If you have any trades, feel free to pm. My pinside wishlist should be up to date.

2 weeks later
#9860 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

...no, not really, but Star Wars is now playable at Tilt Pinball Bar. So make the jump to Hyperspace and fly on down there to check it out. Only $.25 to play!

Are you an owner of tilt? How are you liking it if so?
Would love to hear about your experiences opening a pinball bar.

2 weeks later
#9927 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Thanks for the link to the archive page???

I think he was trying to link this

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Spider-Man VE Archived
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Spiderman Vault Pinball with only 135 total plays that is Home Use Only. Game is perfect in every way with no ghosting of the inserts. Build date was Nov 2016. Includes LED color c...”
2017-08-02
Lakeville, MN
6,600 (OBO)
Archived after: 9 days
Viewed: 190 times
Contributed to Pinside

#9929 6 years ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

Thanks Whysnot. Not sure what happened there and I can no longer edit my post. Not exactly sure how to get the fancy link with the pic like that anyway.

you go to the ad, click the embed in forum post and then copy/past the text that pops up

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

#9968 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's insane. When the hell did that game shoot up? I've always had a hard time moving them even for $1000-1200. I did get $1500 for one once because it was actually unfaded. Which was the first natural unfaded one i've ever seen.

I will take the next one you find for $1500. Calling dibs now

#9983 6 years ago

I am looking for a 4 player arcade of some sort. Not real picky. Open to any of the typical ones. TMNT, XMEN, Blitz, JAM, Gauntlet, ... you get the idea.

Possible pins for trade for the right game. Happy to pay cash also.

please message me if you have something or know of someone with something that could fit the bill.

#9988 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am looking for a 4 player arcade of some sort. Not real picky. Open to any of the typical ones. TMNT, XMEN, Blitz, JAM, Gauntlet, ... you get the idea.
Possible pins for trade for the right game. Happy to pay cash also.
please message me if you have something or know of someone with something that could fit the bill.

can someone remind me of the website that is the pinside equivalent for arcades? I want to actually look for one of these rather than passively sit around and wait for one to show up

#10009 6 years ago

StarWars OFFICIAL Launch Party @Maria's on Aug 19th
Where: Maria's Bar (1444 East Washington Ave, Madison, WI 53703)

​When: Saturday August 19th from 11:00am-~3:30pm qualifying (qualifying time may alter slightly depending on # in attendance). Playoff immediately follows qualifying.

Special beer on tap from Parched Eagle that was brewed JUST for this event!
Body painters on site and doing some cool SW art during the event!
Awesome prizes!
Likely a few other surprises!

StarWars Launch (resized).pngStarWars Launch (resized).png

#10014 6 years ago

pinball blaster (resized).jpgpinball blaster (resized).jpg

#10015 6 years ago

darth (resized).jpgdarth (resized).jpg

#10018 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Body paint and alcohol? That could be trouble.

or it could be AMAZINg!

#10020 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

All I know is that my body is not cut out for any type of paint...or public display for that matter

lol. I believe the art will be on the more attractive models vs the pinball players, but honestly not sure of all the details. Jack is keeping some things under wraps. He did mention something about pinheads voting but then realized it was a foredrawn conclusion that slave leia wins... lol

#10024 6 years ago

congrats! Todd is a great guy! Where did you see the Jbot advertised? I missed that one completely.

#10027 6 years ago

Sounds like I need to get Todd my current ISO list

Todd, if you are reading this... I am always looking! Hit me up when you get in any oddballs, rares, or classics.

#10029 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thanks, it sure will be.

it s an AWESOME game!

By far the best Bot and also a great competitive game (strategy and risk v reward)

#10030 6 years ago

chewie (resized).jpgchewie (resized).jpg

#10031 6 years ago

also, just because I love some chewie humor

Bad Wookie (resized).jpgBad Wookie (resized).jpg

#10059 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I always forget to save extra money for august, so many pins up for sale.

I think it is less about august and more about TnA

1 week later
#10121 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

actually, since i'm a top 1000 IFPA member I can buy MET pro from stern for $4500 right now if I wanted. you are allowed one discount game a year as long as your in the top 1000.

may want to check that price again...

Pretty sure it went up quite a bit?

#10128 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

when I got the list and quotes (about 2 months ago maybe less) MET was on there.

"on" the list and actually available to buy seem to be 2 totally different things

3 weeks later
#10207 6 years ago

I will likely be selling a Special Force in the next few weeks. Now that Mad Rollin is over I will be rearranging some things in my personal collection to make space for new games that have come in/ are coming in.

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/special-force

Just putting the word up now in case anyone is specifically looking for this game.

I will get photos and post a proper advert once I get the time. Game is a solid players condition, but will need a shop out/ refresh. Will be priced at 1k, which seems below current market?

#10245 6 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear, needs some work - “Solid Game overall Nice backglass Nice Cab Average playfield All lights, switches, and coils work in test Boards look clean Displays are crisp Game boots into attract mode fine. So...”
2017-09-30
Madison, WI
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 979 times
Contributed to Pinside

Special Force FS or FT

#10261 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Too big to put anywhere. That sign was about 8 feet by 18 feet. No sense paying to store something I'll never use.
And I don't need it popping up on another business somewhere and people think it's me.

I would get it cut up and hand out individual letters are gifts to people that have supported you over the year. Many would love to have a letter

#10263 6 years ago

ask the local community. I bet someone would cut it up for you.

If I were local I would do it for you and then just bring them to the store and have a party this weekend.

2 weeks later
#10302 6 years ago

Got bored of that one quickly! Surprised as i really dig mine. Do the kids not like it?

#10306 6 years ago

nice!

looking good and glad to see Pinball is #1 on the list

1 week later
#10336 6 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

North Dakotan here, but anyone looking for a ST TNG or Junk Yard? Both have full LED, Color DMD, laseriffic topper, etc...Gotta make room for some of these sweet NIB pins coming out. May list on Pinside soon, but wanted to check in here as well.

depends on price...

1 week later
#10383 6 years ago

Howdy WI and MN folks (and surrounding area lurkers )

I would love to see you all out at the official TNA launch party which is coming up soon.
Please mark your calendars and plan to make the trip over/down/up to Madison.

Lots of celebrity guests will be there and will be a fun time. Working on some special prizes and trophies now. Charlie, Bug, and Scott will be happy to show you how to crush the game (well maybe not Charlie so much, but he gets 1/2 credit since Bug is his boy).

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/official-tna-wi-launch-party-2017

Please come out to show our support for team spooky!

#10385 6 years ago

Game is already at Alt Brew now in case you want some practice

2 weeks later
#10449 6 years ago

Well.... good or not?

I guess you can come decide if you are driving distance to Madison. Game is at Schwoeglers now on the West side of town.

https://www.facebook.com/MadisonPinball/posts/1746397962051537?notif_id=1511834123186995&notif_t=like

Please follow/like the Madison Pinball page if you get a sec.

GOTG (resized).jpgGOTG (resized).jpg

1 week later
#10465 6 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Hey all. Anyone know a good source for a cocktail arcade machine? Or anyone have one they are looking to sell? Got a friend on the hunt for one.

I have a 2 player Ms Pacman cocktail. I would be interested in trading it in for something... Possibly towards a used PacMan Battle Royal if the price is right.

#10471 6 years ago

Quick reminder of the TNA launch on Saturday.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tna-official-wi-launch-party-all-are-invited

Hope to see lots fo your smiling faces

Lots of prizes, fun times, and pinball socializing.

#10481 6 years ago

Reminder : Today is the day! WI TNA Launch party
At Alt Brew in Madison (1808 Wright St) 11-4p qualifying
Prizes, FUN, and meet team Spooky!
Hope to see you there!

#10489 6 years ago

congrats on the pick up!

#10498 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

CanCan Wonderland events aren't happening anymore. They had to pull most of the games. Tilt is a great option. There will be a Guardians of the Galaxy Launch Party in conjunction with the normal event. Have fun for me, I will be celebrating Christmas early with my extended family.

What happened to cancan?

#10547 6 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “LEDs, NVRAM, solid game all around. Titan Silicone rubber/post sleeves throughout and flippers were rebuild a couple hundred plays ago. I gave it the full refurbish treatment where...”
2017-12-16
Madison, WI
2,300 (OBO)
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 466 times

2 weeks later
#10617 6 years ago

Did you add a game to your collection Quy?

#10632 6 years ago

Welcome!
Your story is all too familiar to many, lol.

What are u thinking for your second game?

1 week later
#10712 6 years ago

sounds like a really fun day!

1 week later
#10734 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

hilton says you can get a $1000 for a raven all day long.

more like $800, but we just gave one away at our Dec end of year tournament.

It went to someone that previous did not own a game. It was pretty cool to see the look on his face when he won!

#10740 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Newbie question, what does “routed” mean. Thanks

means the game was on location at some point.

95% of ALL games before ~2006 were on location at some point (despite what many claim to be HUO).
Since pinball owning in private collections has grown, you will find more titles that really are HUO.

Worth note that routed and HUO are largely meaningless. Condition is what matters. I have seen plenty of HUO games in much worse condition that routed ones. I have also seen plenty of games on route that are clean and maintained with pride.

#10744 6 years ago

oddly, that era of Bally lockdown bars is always like that. I wonder what changed in that era.

I have a HUO BW100 and the bar still has minor rust on the hand spots.

#10762 6 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
As is - “For Sale is a Hobbit LE. Game is lightly routed and WELL maintained! Works 100% and just cleaned up. All the pop ups work well and have the stuck ball protectors installed. Playfie...”
2018-01-30
Madison, WI
6,250 (OBO)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 876 times
Contributed to Pinside

FS, THLE

3 weeks later
#10829 6 years ago

guessing that one on clist was fake also...

#10847 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Remind me not to leave my hole in your basement.

"Hey Chris, I have a few games that need leveled" "Yeah, just crawl under there..."

'looks like a hole need sot be filled'

#10850 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Nah...Eric doesn't care about leveling.

Lofl!

#10860 6 years ago

Just a handful of spots left for Tully's big tourney this weekend.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1857123031203921/

Check it out and get signed up. This is the old school OG event for WI and kindof a big deal. It is also a BLAST!!!

1 week later
#10907 6 years ago

JJP POTC now available for a limited time in Madison.
at Schwoeglers

#10930 6 years ago

I say the same thing about you...

#10933 6 years ago

Lol! I will keep my eyes open for you when I am at TPF. Answer your phone if the call comes in so I can give you details.

#10938 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey Localish dudes.
Anyone going to TPF?
I’m looking for a cpr or blown out taxi playfield.
F-14 playfield in great condition
Jokerz play field in nice condition
Also the following system 11’s in nice condition in this order.
Roller games
B2K
Space station
Escape from the lost world (Tully just sell me yours)
Phone is on but I, in Asia so I might respond I might not answer if it’s late into the evening.

I will keep eyes outfor u, but get in line on tullys escape...

2 weeks later
#10963 6 years ago

Hi all,
I'm in Madison, Wi and I'm wondering if anyone here knows of a pinball service person nearby that can help fix up some random issues with a TAF pin (I'd pay of course). I'm thinking of maybe selling it in the near future but I want to get it in tip top shape before I do. I'd try doing it myself, but if I do sell it I don't want to inflict my poor handiwork on any future buyer. I think it's pretty simple stuff -- the thing flipper optic is not picking up the ball, a graveyard pop is not working, and there are a few bulbs burnt out (this I could probably do . . . ).
Anyway, if someone knows somebody I'd appreciate it.

Depending on where you are located in town,i can lend a hand.

Pretty busy with getting ready for MGC but if you are close, May have an hour this weekend. I sent you a PM

#10969 6 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Trade
Functional - needs minor work - “I own 2 Fireball 72' EMs (I know, silly). I am almost done with the restoration of 1 of them and the 2nd one was just used as a reference to make it easier when restoring the one I...”
2018-04-04
Madison, WI
Trade
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 70 times
Contributed to Pinside

Available on your route to/from MGC or at MGC with payment in advance

#10971 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That was fast! Nice!

Yeah, priced right for an easy and quick sale. Went to the first person and 3 others waiting behind that one. Fireball is not a common one, esp with a nice BG and a pf that will clean up pretty easily. This one is going to someone I assume will restore it which is even better!

#10973 6 years ago

For those keep track, KingPin Games is now an authorized distributor for the following pinball companies
Jersey Jack
Spooky
Chicago Gaming
American Pinball
We offer sales, service and polite conversation. We will be representing all the lines at MGC with show specials on JJP, CGC and API (there are no extra TNA or ACNC right now to offer).

awesome and congrats!!!!

#10977 6 years ago
Quoted from gamefreakfrank:

Hello everyone! I’m back from a 3 and a half year hiatus. Lot of exciting things changed in my life and figured I should crawl back into pinball. Look forward to meeting some new people this year and seeing some collections.
With that being said, I’m on the lookout for some new pins. The one with a soft spot in my heart would be The Addams Family. If anyone has any leads on one, let me know. I don’t care if it needs work as long as I can play it and enjoy it for the most part. Others would be Twilight Zone, Funhouse, Roadshow, High Speed 1 or 2, or Family Guy. I’ve been following the marketplace ads for a couple days but I know people won’t always list there.
Again, look forward to meeting some new people this year!
Frank

welcome back! Hope to see you at MidWest Gaming Classic next week.

#10999 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Stealin' the thunder. Vicious.

???

This will be on the Tuesday after MGC when they take home the show game to Tilt.

Pretty sure Jack is streaming tonight and 30 of them at MGC as of Friday for VIG people to see/play

#11005 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

No, it held up well. No stuck balls, no issues so far and we definitely put it through it's paces.

any tips on things to do? mylar needed? any adjustments to think about.
Any shots or ball guides needing adjustment?

Setting one up on Thursday and would be great to know what to plan for?

#11007 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Honestly we didn't do a thing to it besides install a bill validator and level it. No adjustments were needed at all at this point for the game we had.

glad to hear!

any ball drop spots where mylar may be needed in the future?

1 week later
#11069 5 years ago

I am picking up a few new games in the coming months and I will need to make a little room so cutting a few loose.

2 games on the chopping block will be:

Lectronamo > solid overall pf and cab (both above average condition), BG has some minor flaking that has been touched up so OK condition (most of them are pretty bad, I would say this one is average), needs a shop out and gone over. Has Alltek MPU. Missing lockdown bar currently
$950obo as-is

Nitro Ground Shaker > solid overall pf (above average), cab and BG (some minor bubbling at the bottom). PF is actually better than most with only minor edge wear on some inserts. 1 slight weaker player 4 display if I remember correctly, but would need to check . needs a shop out and gone over.
$1250obo as-is

Priced currently for as-is sale. Heads are off/games stored in climate controlled storage; if you take them as a pair then 2k for the deal.

Once I get around to setting up and digging in then I will adjust prices accordingly.

#11076 5 years ago

There are 3 in madison I believe
Pooleys
Geeks Mania
Ale asylum

I think jims is at blue moon bar down on campus.

#11097 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Lol, I like how everyone is selling off their XL displays now that the new versions are out. ($$$)

no need for another when I have color

Parts - For Sale
Used, good condition - “I have a fully working Sega 192x64 DMD. This is the large one that was used in Maverick, Baywatch, Batman Forever and Frankenstein. Crisp and working great. This specific DMD was ...”
2018-10-08
Madison, WI
250 (OBO)
Archived after: 77 days
Viewed: 194 times

I wont go lower than $300 since it is always nice to have a spare.

#11099 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ya man! I want color!

it looks amazing!!!

#11102 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Says the only guy in the world with it running on his game currently.

1 week later
#11158 5 years ago

Nitro Ground Shaker for sale or for trade.

Feel free to make an offer or shoot over a possible trade.

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Nitro Ground Shaker that will clean up nicely. I picked up a second NGS, and that is the only reason I am selling this one. Nice original playfield in better than avg condition. ...”
2018-05-06
Madison, WI
1,200 (OBO)
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 1746 times

#11162 5 years ago

If anyone wants to make the trip to Madison to double dip on tournaments, then get signed up now.

I believe the Burnin Down the House tourney has about 10 slots left (Garrett would need to confirm), so i think it will sell out.
Double dip with the Iron Maiden official Launch party.

Detail at

https://www.facebook.com/events/173185863396584/

and

https://www.facebook.com/events/381773245623984/

2 weeks later
#11200 5 years ago

I came across this thread about pinball in Madison that was only five years ago:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-to-play-madison-wi
What a change in five years! Thanks WhySnow and everyone else (sorry I don't know who you are) that helped make such a dramatic difference in location pinball for Madison.

thanks!

The other guys in Madison Pinball are U2Sean (sean) and BigDaddyBanjo (garrett)

Both great guys! The 3 of us are collectively Madison Pinball.

Even more amazing to me is that just 4 years ago we had one location with only 4 games.

There are now 4 (soon to be 5 locations) with currently 35+ games (soon to be almost 50).

The majority of the games are still from our private collections that we put out. Some are games we have bought over the past 5 years.

In case you have not heard, we are supplying a bunch of pinball for I/O gaming bar, which is a new arcade/pinball/gaming bar that is opening down on Willy st later this summer. We are super excited to be partnering with the owner and are working on a bunch of new games that we will be bringing in there. Gonna be a really fun spot!

Side note: Did Quy ever come over to help with your TAF or did you still need a hand?

#11206 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

haha! You can come play mine whenever it arrives
Also to add, Maria's on East Wash. is our #2 spot for pinball if we don't go to Alt Brew. Great spot! Awesome pins! Plus I check in from time to time to make sure my GC on High Speed is still there

Message me when you guys are heading out. I may swing by for a beer and some games.

2 weeks later
#11255 5 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Looking for a Dialed In LE HUO if anyone is looking to sell!
Also have a super nice Judge Dredd with colorDMD (LCD), stadium lights, and gold powder coat I will probably be looking to sell when I get my DI.

KingPin will often do trades.

Hit him up as he is the BEST JJP distributor in the business

1 week later
#11301 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Thanks guys. If you see me and the merc driving around give us a good wave.
phat_jay glad it’s still treating you right. At this time playing more with cars. Need to get working on ghost in the shell more so no games moving through.

I want that big game if it ever needs to leave

#11307 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Does anyone have any classic SS Ballys or Sterns they are looking to sell? Would consider SS Williams games too

lol

you have the disease badly.

#11323 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I drove up to get a pin on Friday and saw a bunch of classic cars heading there. Now I know why.

What pin?

This is a pinball forum afterall

#11330 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Why all the STTNG for sale all of a sudden? Is it because stern is doing another run? I wish I had the funds! Great game.

I think it because the pin recently went for 3200 range and a few very nice ones sold for a bunch more so lots of people are trying to cash in. Many seem to be available lately and not moving at asking prices.

I like STTNG at 3500 or less. Any more and there are so many better games, esp if you are looking for a widebody.

JMHO.

#11332 5 years ago

go search Pinside archives for a quick and dirty IMO

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive?s=1&radius_latitude=43.116930141923994&radius_longitude=-89.32459831237793&keywords=&ad_machine_key=445&ad_condition=0&machine_type=&ad_machine_manuf=&year_from=&year_to=&radius_distancekm=322&sort_by=ad_end_date&sort_order=DESC#results

In short you will see many listings that were asking too much and ended as "not sold" or "sold elsewhere" which to me falls in not sold/not sold for anywhere near asking category. i.e. lots of asking prices are too high, games sit, dont sell, and get relisted.

OUtside of that you will see a couple super pimped examples that sold for 5k on here. As often happens on Pinside, people latch on to these high sales and think they can get good money to cash out now/ trade up into something new. I recently saw this on BM forever (been keeping my eye on that one so tracking closely. It was always asking for 2-2500 and then 2 HUO/pimped ones sold for over 3k in a short time and others started asking that much for non-HUO ones, and now months later they are still sitting as ones sub 2500 sell)

There have been over 50 STTNG for sale on pinside in the past 12 months and it is a very common game to find in the market here, on Fbook, or the other various sites. Basically it is a game that appears to trade hands often, they made lots of them, and IMO the new version plays much better (even though the art on the old is way better) for essentially the same feel of a game. I have seen quite a few trade hands for 3200-3800 on fbook groups and among collectors recently, so to me it is a safe buy at $3500.

Pinside shows a range of $3980 - $4620 which for a commonly sold game is a decent tracking (rare or rarely sold games and Pinside est can fail). If I was selling a nice one, I would list at $4500obo and be happy to get 4200.

Buying, i am honestly not too interested in the game as I dont expect it would be a long term keeper so i would want to not over pay.

#11344 5 years ago

To me it is a newer and improved version.

Same essential layout and design ideas, much better shooter, no stupid cannon blocking outlane things, better animations, and deeper code.

#11367 5 years ago

Nice!

What is little pro and does it do well?

#11401 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

plus every hole is big as all shit.

Never heard you complain about that before...

1 week later
#11413 5 years ago

based on the evidence this appears very targetted.

I would invest in a better camera and set up a repeat in a week or two. Just leave a dummy backpack in the truck the next time he loads in a game.

This has the writings of someone that was keeping an eye on the behaviors and got wind that pinball/arcade dude carries large amounts of money.

#11418 5 years ago
Quoted from Schamattack:

The new up down bar taking the comedy cafe on Brady street in mke just posted this picture on fb. Looks like a fun line up.

that is awesome!

Chris always has great games!!!!

Any idea whom he found as the local tech to help him maintain them?

1 month later
#11562 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Might have to make a road trip to MN.

You can come to Madison later this week also. Sounds like there will be at least 2 (likely 3) of them to play.

#11564 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Nice. I assumed you weren’t putting yours out till the launch party.

We usually put them out as soon as we get em

(Well maybe a day or 2 of "testing" at home)

#11567 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Which location is it going in?

Schwoeglers where it will be through the launch. Planning to put it to the side so people can here it better

We also have the new location opening soon which will have atleast 10 other new games

On top of all that... other new things are coming soon

934 posts in this topic match your search for posts by whysnow. You are on page 3 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/3?tu=whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.