1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 389 of 415.
#19401 11 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

Just as unsurprising unfortunately are all the shitbirds whose first reaction is to jump in with the typical Blainbrook sucks responses (here, on Facebook posts, etc.).
To be honest, and just speaking for myself here, but I would rather everybody that thinks so poorly of Blainbrook just stop coming. All the negativity toward it lately is really ruining it for me and making me not want to even show up to events anymore.

I’m not really seeing anyone shitting on Blainebrook here.

I asked if things have changed after five years and it sounds like they have not. That’s really the end of the story.

Just because someone shares a valid opinion with some factual information doesn’t mean they are shitting on something.

At the end of the day, it’s great that Blainebrook has the biggest selection of games in Minnesota, has tournaments, and can help introduce more people to pinball. But the overall condition of the collection of pins isn’t appealing to some.

#19402 11 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Still no reason to bad mouth a competitor.
LTG : )

They're not a competitor, they don't work for the operator or location. They're a tournament director.

#19403 11 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

I remember that one well… there have been a few of those rather legendary local facebook outbursts. It would be disingenuous for me to pretend they weren’t entertaining as an ‘innocent bystander’. Well, maybe not entirely innocent… or bystanding… but entertaining!

I only recently heard tell of the Reddit one, but it’s definitely still there to find, 6 years later…

#19404 11 months ago
Quoted from roffels:

They're not a competitor,

I've had leagues and tournaments at my business. So yes the leagues or tournaments he runs is competition.

Quoted from roffels:

they don't work for the operator or location.

They were allowing him to run leagues or tournaments. Sounds like work for them to me, salaried or not. He didn't just wander in there and start running leagues or tournaments without the operator or location knowing about it. The location promoted it on social media.

Quoted from roffels:

They're a tournament director.

Then he should have realized his actions could reflect on the location he was tournament directing in.

If the situation was reversed and he was running leagues or tournaments in my business and I found out he posted lies and BS about another location with pinball machines, I would have kicked him out and never let him back in.
Lloyd

#19405 11 months ago

I guess we can surmise LTG doesn't stand for Let iT Go? Especially if this reddit post happened 6 years ago and you're going to insinuate folks are going to get murdered going to Mortimers? C'mon. I love SS Billiards and glad you're part of the community, but this isn't it.

#19406 11 months ago
Quoted from roffels:

you're going to insinuate folks are going to get murdered going to Mortimers?

I never said that. I posted had I known that 6 years ago when he posted his lies and crap who he was, I would have countered his crap with it on Reddit back then.

I only posted the Star Tribune link here in response to Ribs post that there was no such location in Minnesota.

Let iT Go : )

#19407 11 months ago

https://www.city-data.com/crime/crime-Hopkins-Minnesota.html

Though crime seems to be higher than the surrounding communities, it's true that the murder rate is pretty low, as in 2 from 2010-2020.

Anyway, I'm used to Blainbrook bashing. It's fine. I'll just keep winning there. Kidding aside, as I wrote on Facebook, the majority of the games play just fine. I don't think you're going to find anything wrong with Stranger Things, Cactus Canyon, Tron, Metallica, Power Play, Hot Tip, Iron Man, etc.

It IS funny that some problems don't get fixed after years of it being a know problem like the diverter on High Speed. Our techs try hard, they work hard, but some things just seem to be beyond their abilities. There is some stubbornness there when it comes to allowing others to fix games. So there is a bit of a culture issue there. And at what point do they simply remove the EMs and fix the score reels so they score accurately all the time? Sure, some things bug me. It would be nice to use the Jersey Jack games in competition, and we sometimes use Wonka, but WoZ hasn't been in years.

Here's the thing, if I only focused on the negative, I'd miss out on a whole lot of fun.

It doesn't change the fact that there is a huge variety of games. If a location had 15 games all working perfectly, you'd be amazed. If a location has 50 and half of them work perfectly, it's a catastrophe for some reason.

#19408 11 months ago

Sheeeeeet….There’s more than enough food on the table to go around. I’ve learned if you don’t care for someone, don’t give them any thought. I can’t control what folks say about me or others, but I can control how I respond or lack there of. Although, like all of us, I lose that control sometimes. An operator and a location needs to focus on their customers, the experience they are providing, their level of service and customer acquisition, promotion, and retention. Lloyd, focus on what you do, and forget the naysayers. I know from personal experience, you offer LLoyds product, with history, free jokes, no alcohol, and family experience. It’s a place I know I am always welcome, feel comfortable, and will enjoy. That’s a good offering, and I’m glad we’re friends.

#19409 11 months ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

Anyway, I'm used to Blainbrook bashing. It's fine. I'll just keep winning there.

That's the name of the game. Find a place that has what you enjoy. I'm glad Blainbrook has that for you. Not everybody is that lucky.

Reading other threads on Pinside, there are areas where there are no pins, leagues, or tournaments, or very few, or far away.

#19410 11 months ago
Quoted from brobra:

forget the naysayers.

And avoid anyone asking about crazy and unfounded complaints about your place.

#19411 11 months ago
Quoted from EmLover1970:

Our techs try hard, they work hard, but some things just seem to be beyond their abilities.

All it takes is money to maintain games. I've been to Blainbrook just a few times and each time I marvel at the neglect. Hence, I assume they have almost no budget for labor or parts. I live near Up-Down. They, too, have a budget issue when it comes to game maintenance. I would help them shop their games if that were an option. Of course, at Up-Down, with their absurdly low prices, you get what you pay for. I was thrilled last year when a NOB 'zilla PRO landed there. Each time I went in, I went right up to it, and each time I discovered that it was still pitched at about five-degrees. This went on for weeks. I thought, okay, this game was set up in a very big hurry and isn't quite done yet. That's understandable, but maybe come back when you have more time and finish the setup? The kids who work in there will take the glass off and fish stuck balls out, but they may not dare do anything more than that. I spoke to a staffer about who oversees the machines and he admitted that Up-Down maintains and circulates their arcade machines between the various branches of Up-Down, but the pinballs are managed by a separate amusements company and they (Up-Down) have NO control over what pinballs are routed there or for how long or in what condition.

#19412 11 months ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

All it takes is money to maintain games. I've been to Blainbrook just a few times and each time I marvel at the neglect. Hence, I assume they have almost no budget for labor or parts.

Oh is that all it takes… money? Do you truly ‘marvel at the neglect’? LOL. Sure dude. Right on.

#19413 11 months ago

I get it. I cry sometimes when I drain on a game that isn’t 100% perfect in a tournament. I say WTF when something doesn’t go right. Then again this is pinball, and the games in my collection aren’t 100% all the time. I’m not dropping the glass every time a bulb is out - I have pins to play them. Others have pins for other reasons and that’s ok.

I’m all for anyone who wants to try and do better, or make things better. Volunteer your time to help these places, or start up a business where I can drop coin at your place if you can do better.

I get the occasional complaint but it seems constant and is a bit much. If you don’t like it just don’t go there. No need to drag others or businesses for trying to enjoy machines and get more exposure to pinball out there. I don’t go to Olive Garden and then bitch that their food isn’t real “Italian” and they should be ashamed to call it that, I just don’t go back. (Don’t worry people I also think their breadsticks are awesome)

Hopefully everyone has it out of their system. We good to going back to talking about fun shit instead of whining? Im good if people want to whine, but start another thread so this one doesn’t derail further.

#19414 11 months ago

Hello there

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Gorgeous HUO Star Wars Comic Pro. I am the 2nd owner. It plays perfectly and there is no wear on the playfield, cabinet, or decals. Has roughly 5,000 plays. The last owner had a fe...”
2023-06-22
Eau Claire, WI
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 884 times

#19415 11 months ago

The rotisserie is sold.
Still have the original Trilogy Brewing co.
on the market.
Perfect Father’s Day gift.

Machine - For Sale
Functional - needs minor work - “I am selling the original, one of a kind Trilogy Brewing co pinball. To my knowledge this is the first pinball machine to dispense beer. It is a homebrew retheme of Bally Star Trek...”
2023-06-10
Elkhorn, WI
5,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 9400 times

#19416 11 months ago

Open for trades on a 1994 Popeye saves the earth….

#19417 11 months ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/157668

Fresh James Bond Premium with a couple of nice upgrades for grabs at a large discount!

#19418 11 months ago

Anybody know if Starcade settled on a new location? I'm heartbroken they're moving from Roseville as they are super close to me. My kids and I love going there. Nothing like being able to take your kids to an arcade and then walking over to the movie theater to go catch a movie with your kids in 2023.

#19419 11 months ago
Quoted from Keylime:

Anybody know if Starcade settled on a new location? I'm heartbroken they're moving from Roseville as they are super close to me. My kids and I love going there. Nothing like being able to take your kids to an arcade and then walking over to the movie theater to go catch a movie with your kids in 2023.

I heard tell they were trying to build a super arcade, but no idea on where or when.

#19420 11 months ago

Still trying from what I gathered recently in an old restaurant space that I can't recall the name of

#19421 11 months ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Still trying from what I gathered recently in an old restaurant space that I can't recall the name of

That matches the last thing I heard. Between that and the new LITT space, we're going to see some nice upgrades for some of my favorite arcades around the twin cities.

#19422 11 months ago
Quoted from Keylime:

Yes they have. It's not 100% sure thing, but they are finalizing it now. Should know for sure within a couple of days. Plan is to move out of the old space at the end of June. Probably a week or two transition into July for opening. New spot is in St. Paul and the sky will be the limit with games and special event options they can have there if everything works out.

#19423 11 months ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Yes they have. It's not 100% sure thing, but they are finalizing it now. Should know for sure within a couple of days. Plan is to move out of the old space at the end of June. Probably a week or two transition into July for opening. New spot is in St. Paul and the sky will be the limit with games and special event options they can have there if everything works out.

I’ve heard the same thing and wish them much success…

#19424 11 months ago

Renewed remaining games at lower prices. If anyone is interested in Alice Cooper, Ultraman, Scooby, Rick n Morty, or WonkaSE take a peak in the market place or hit me up!

Did you guys see that Nerdhaven Arcade has 58 pinball machines?!?

#19425 11 months ago

I am traveling to Des Moines to deliver my bond on Monday, if anyone wants me to bring a pin back for them let me know.

#19426 11 months ago

Whirlwind if anyone is looking to trade….

#19427 11 months ago

I’d be interested in a Star Wars pro if anyone wants to part with one

#19429 11 months ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

centerflank
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/157655
I found one for you, in your own backyard!

I did message him last night we are slightly apart on price, id really prefer the non comic version but not a deal breaker i suppose

#19430 11 months ago

I prefer the comic version - you should buy so we can guess what he buys next. I’m going LOTR or IM. I don’t know the guy at all but based on how he talks on the podcast I’m sure it’s in nice condition.

WildRover I wish you were closer we could just swap games back and forth. Someone in WI needs to get in on that sweetheart deal.

#19431 11 months ago

I know Jason pretty much always sells what he got games for. And I wish I lived closer to form a Rube Goldberg machine of pin rotation!

#19432 11 months ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

I know Jason pretty much always sells what he got games for. And I wish I lived closer to form a Rube Goldberg machine of pin rotation!

Maybe we are on to something. Sounds like we got three for the brotherhood of the traveling pins…

#19433 11 months ago

I’m all for it! I’ve temp trades games I’m not ready to sell for a few months since I seem to sell a game after 3-6 months most the time anyway.

#19434 11 months ago

I’m down!..but now I have to buy a new car so a couple pins gotta go!

#19435 11 months ago

Hopefully it’s something that will haul a pin or two…

#19436 11 months ago

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Gorgeous HUO Star Wars Comic Pro. I am the 2nd owner. It plays perfectly and there is no wear on the playfield, cabinet, or decals. Has roughly 5,000 plays. The last owner had a fe...”
2023-06-22
Eau Claire, WI
Archived after: 10 days
Viewed: 884 times

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Great condition Bram Stokers Dracula. Plays like a dream, no gameplay issues whatsoever. The right side of the cabinet had the normal red-fade but was restored with red gloss ename...”
2023-05-02
Eau Claire, WI
4,800 (OBO)
Archived after: 24 days
Viewed: 1108 times

#19437 11 months ago

Always buy a Rav 4 that fits about 0 pins lol

#19438 11 months ago

I watched someone haul a pin in a Subaru - might have been an Impreza. Anything is possible lol.

#19439 11 months ago
Quoted from Barkz:

I watched someone haul a pin in a Subaru - might have been an Impreza. Anything is possible lol.

I sold a goldeneye to a dude middle of winter he hauled out in a Prius with about 2 feet of the game sticking out the back

#19440 11 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I sold a goldeneye to a dude middle of winter he hauled out in a Prius with about 2 feet of the game sticking out the back

I got a Bally Viking into a Prius with the hatch closed. Front seat was pulled up far enough to make it a very uncomfortable drive home.

#19441 11 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Always buy a Rav 4 that fits about 0 pins lol

You can fit a pin in a RAV4, but why would you want to?

#19442 11 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

You can fit a pin in a RAV4, but why would you want to?

they can haul a 100 pound trailer so thats a bonus

#19443 11 months ago
Quoted from centerflank:

they can haul a 100 pound trailer so thats a bonus

Ha!
I’m pretty sure the “RAV”stands for Rarely Adequate Vehicle. And the “4” means it has 4 wheels.
But yeah yeah pretty useless vehicle in almost any category.

#19444 11 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Ha!
I’m pretty sure the “RAV”stands for Rarely Adequate Vehicle. And the “4” means it has 4 wheels.

Sounds like I need to ad one to the fleet after I transition

#19445 11 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Ha!

Don't you talk about Toyota like that. Gods gift to cars.

#19446 11 months ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:Don't you talk about Toyota like that. Gods gift to cars.

We need to get together for some beers and pinball soon. Maybe a little trash talk about shitty cars we've had to work on?

#19447 11 months ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

I got a Bally Viking into a Prius with the hatch closed. Front seat was pulled up far enough to make it a very uncomfortable drive home.

I often wonder if I could jam an EM into my 2017 Prius

#19448 11 months ago

Its going to be a Mazda CX-30 turbs. I can still fit a pin sideways in the CX-5 and honestly they go in better sideways then "normal" ways. The CX-30 turby is fun as all f*ck to drive!

#19449 11 months ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

I often wonder if I could jam an EM into my 2017 Prius

Want my Derby Day wood rail? We could test this baby out tonight for science...

There are 20,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 389 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/389?hl=badgeringbadger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.