1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 20,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 388 of 414.
#19351 10 months ago

#19353 10 months ago

#19354 10 months ago

I did, I love Blainbrook, but Donny is an asshole and I don't think he'd care that I said that...

#19355 10 months ago
Quoted from Chumples:

I cannot tell a lie . Right at the tail end of the pandemic is when I started listening to TPN podcasts, and doing research on building my own virtual pinball table. 80s Bally, and location play are terms mentioned all the time on TPN podcasts, and more specifically, The Pinball Party Podcast, shoutout Neon Dale. It took a while in the beginng to learn the pinball acronyms, especially if they didn't say the full name on a podcast lol (GNR, GTF, TNA and some terms like Right Orbit and such). I have enough pinball knowledge from research and listening to pinball podcasts to be dangerous, so hopefully this virtual pin project won't take me 10 years . I would eventually like to build my own real physical pin, but in order to do that I will need to get hundreds of hours of playtime in on different pins to be able to get a good concept of what I like most in a pin. Listening to podcasts should hopefully give me more insight into what other people enjoy about pins so I can combine those aspects and make a fun pin to play. I go all in on things, and it was very easy to binge pinball content from my home/car during the pandemic.
As far as why I am a Pinside+ member. This is because I would like to support pinside and hopefully buy a pin one day. I figured I would hit the ground running and start making friends now.

I'm late to the discussion but if you have time take a drive up to District 82 in DePier. 110 games all in great shape on freeplay $25 +tax admission. Friday nights and Sat afternoon. You can play games from every era. Staff and customers are awesome.

#19356 10 months ago
Quoted from Chumples:

Dakine747
Thank you for reminding me. I have heard many great things about District 82, minus the hours. I will definately have to make a stop out there.

Well hell, if you guys are gonna keep telling him to road trip, District 1 Brewery in Stevens Point has 13 games on location by a few of us here in the thread. Lumberjack Jonnys and Player 2 Arcade in Green Bay both have good lineups and are also run by some of the local guys.

#19357 10 months ago

I have a thoroughly/legitimately shopped WMS JL that needs a new home. No issues. LOTS of work/expense/time invested to polish up this challenging game. Asking twenty-eight.
https://flickr.com/photos/193956113@N05/albums/72177720308371713

#19358 10 months ago
Quoted from janus:

I did, I love Blainbrook, but Donny is an asshole and I don't think he'd care that I said that...

And the games just are not in the condition they sold them on in the news story either. Can’t speak to the assholishness you speak of

#19359 10 months ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Well hell, if you guys are gonna keep telling him to road trip, District 1 Brewery in Stevens Point has 13 games on location by a few of us here in the thread. Lumberjack Jonnys and Player 2 Arcade in Green Bay both have good lineups and are also run by some of the local guys.

I second District 1. I stop in at least one night over trivia weekend when I'm in the area, always have a good time.

#19360 10 months ago

Anyone have a lost world Jurassic Park taking up space?

#19361 10 months ago

Have a players Meteor with the 2021 code on a switch.

Considering a trade for another Stern Electronics / Bally game if anyone has something taking up space or that they are bored with.

#19362 10 months ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

And the games just are not in the condition they sold them on in the news story either. Can’t speak to the assholishness you speak of

I remember going there about five or six years ago. The playfields were dirty, some pins were not working correctly, scratches all over the glass, etc.

I was so turned off that I left earlier than planned and haven’t been back since.

Has it gotten any better for those who have been there in the last year?

#19363 10 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I remember going there about five or six years ago. The playfields were dirty, some pins were not working correctly, scratches all over the glass, etc.
I was so turned off that I left earlier than planned and haven’t been back since.

There’s a lot of machines at blainebrook. I’m just happy we have a lot of location pinball in Minnesota! Probably not one location you can’t find at least one complaint about.

#19364 10 months ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Probably not one location you can’t find at least one complaint about.

Best go in and check out the location for yourself.

Too often the complaints are unfounded. Or the person is flat out wrong, or has an axe to grind. Or something like loud music, but you are okay with that.

LTG : )

#19365 10 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I agree with LTG and you should definitely check it out and make your own decision, don’t take my word for it. I might have higher standards than others, who knows. That said, I’ll still go there for a tournament from time to time.

#19366 10 months ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

Probably not one location you can’t find at least one complaint about.

Well, Tilt has some of the best well kept machines on location. No complaints there.

SS Billiards has legendary tech support on site. No complaints there either.

I understand what you’re saying, but if a business isn’t taking care of the machines, I wouldn’t want to pop even a quarter in them.

#19367 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Best go in and check out the location for yourself.
Too often the complaints are unfounded. Or the person is flat out wrong, or has an axe to grind. Or something like loud music, but you are okay with that.

LTG, you’re being too nice and proper with that answer. However, I’m sure you have heard crazy and unfounded complaints about your place.

#19368 10 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I’m sure you have heard crazy and unfounded complaints about your place.

There have been some Google reviews that I think of. Years ago a person complained about my TZ, that I installed an after market mod on it, two posts on the right side ? Only thing I could think of was the two posts in the pop bumper area because my TZ is an early sample game and came with them.

Another was a review on Google complaining about my DI, picture was out on the cell phone and for a dollar a play it should be working. I was sitting 8 feet from him, he couldn't say anything ? I would have gladly refunded his money or given him games on another machine. Can't tell me but can be keyboard brave.
From my vantage point I didn't see it, was working earlier. Installed a new screen that night.

One person on Reddit posted he only lived 10 minutes away but hadn't been in there in over three years. Complained the maintenance was slipping, and get a change machine so he wouldn't have to listen to the same stories over and over. Interesting. Hadn't been in, in over three years, yet knew the condition of my machines. And guess what, don't talk to me, I don't talk to you or tell you stories. It took me a few days to find out who it was, too late for a retort. At that time he was running tournaments at a competing location. Nice, working at a competitor. I wish I'd known sooner. I would have pointed out that at least people leaving my location don't have to worry about being shot. I did unfriend him and blocked him on Facebook. A few days later I posted on Facebook to come in and hear the stories that one guy on Reddit doesn't want to hear.

Another good one was when a local op went bat sh*t drunk crazy one night of Facebook. He had three different threads going on the Minnesota pinball page. Craziest assortment of lies and BS I'd ever seen. He was pretty good at twisting something and blowing it out of proportion. And threats, that was a nice touch. Unfortunately he has some followers. Nice when people can hate you for things you didn't do, or they don't know the whole story.

Oh well, life goes on. Never a dull moment.

#19369 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Another good one was when a local op went bat sh*t drunk crazy one night of Facebook. He had three different threads going on the Minnesota pinball page. Craziest assortment of lies and BS I'd ever seen. He was pretty good at twisting something and blowing it out of proportion. And threats, that was a nice touch.

That one was interesting. I'm not even sure I caught him coming at you, but he definitely was harassing a buddy of mine.

#19370 10 months ago
Quoted from roffels:

I'm not even sure I caught him coming at you,

He was. I saved them. Remind me sometime when you come in and I'll let you read them if you like.

#19371 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

He was. I saved them. Remind me sometime when you come in and I'll let you read them if you like.

Oh I believe you, there was just so much craziness to go around to keep track of it all.

#19372 10 months ago

If anyone is looking for a basically new FF Premium here you go!:

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Basically new condition. I bought it new in box, just time to make room! Less than 100 plays, everything is in perfect condition no issues to speak of. Includes all the stuff that ...”
2023-05-25
Eau Claire, WI
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 973 times
Contributed to Pinside

#19373 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Another good one was when a local op went bat sh*t drunk crazy one night of Facebook. He had three different threads going on the Minnesota pinball page. Craziest assortment of lies and BS I'd ever seen. He was pretty good at twisting something and blowing it out of proportion. And threats, that was a nice touch. Unfortunately he has some followers. Nice when people can hate you for things you didn't do, or they don't know the whole story.
Oh well, life goes on. Never a dull moment.

I remember that one well… there have been a few of those rather legendary local facebook outbursts. It would be disingenuous for me to pretend they weren’t entertaining as an ‘innocent bystander’. Well, maybe not entirely innocent… or bystanding… but entertaining!

#19374 10 months ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I’ve been there a few times in the last year. For the most part it hasn’t changed games are pretty beat up. Glass is not clean, some games are in better shape than others of course. When I was playing Metallica, I broke a flipper rubber. Often times when I walk in, I have to turn on games myself.

Overall it’s ok but not pristine like LITT/Tilt.

#19375 10 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I’ve been there a few times in the last year. For the most part it hasn’t changed games are pretty beat up. Glass is not clean, some games are in better shape than others of course. When I was playing Metallica, I broke a flipper rubber. Often times when I walk in, I have to turn on games myself.

Thanks for the update @bmanpin. You have saved me a trip.

I know location pinball is hard, but as a consumer I expect a minimum level of servicing. Glass I can see through, an occasional wipe down of a playfield, and a majority of your games in working order.

#19376 10 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Often times when I walk in, I have to turn on games myself.

FWIW... its always been like this every time i've gone. I don't think they have somebody that comes in and turns everything on in the morning.

The rest of the assessments are accurate. Great lineup of games on paper. Excellent variety for a tournament. But the condition of the games is disappointing.

#19377 10 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I will just say this: games that are 40+ years old (and played hard) will always be in a constant state of needing repair and require constant maintenance. If you really want to compare apples to apples, you can’t just say “oh, this place has pristine machines… and this place doesn’t”. Do both places primarily have new games? Do both places have full-time techs? Do both places focus on pinball or is it just a side thing?

Everyone can choose where to go (or not go) based on their preferences… but armchair-quarterbacking locations and their decisions without an understanding of why they do what they do gets pretty tiresome, especially when a bunch of people are just there having fun. If a location isn’t fun for you… maybe play somewhere else.

#19378 10 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

I will just say this: games that are 40+ years old (and played hard) will always be in a constant state of needing repair and require constant maintenance. If you really want to compare apples to apples, you can’t just say “oh, this place has pristine machines… and this place doesn’t”. Do both places primarily have new games? Do both places have full-time techs? Do both places focus on pinball or is it just a side thing?
Everyone can choose where to go (or not go) based on their preferences… but armchair-quarterbacking locations and their decisions without an understanding of why they do what they do gets pretty tiresome, especially when a bunch of people are just there having fun. If a location isn’t fun for you… maybe play somewhere else.

Well said Skink! Also, having regular tournaments adds a lot of plays on machines! I for one have never been to Tilt without 1 or 2 machines not fully working. I think a lot of us could run down a list for several locations in the twin cities.

#19379 10 months ago

WildRover What happened (hopefully nothing bad)?!I see you listed your Foo Fighters.

I just finished your last podcast with Cale and Rachel. They are going to be so sad they lost the bet.

#19380 10 months ago

Oh nothing, still love the game...I just don't keep games long.

#19381 10 months ago

Jason is just a typical splooger who splooges all over his games on his podcast then sells them 2 weeks later. I, for one, CANNOT and WILL NOT accept anyone enjoying a hobby in a different way than I do!

#19382 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

I would have pointed out that at least people leaving my location don't have to worry about being shot.

Oh come on, there are no locations like this in MN.

#19383 10 months ago

Yeah no hate on turning a game around after playing it for a bit. If anything respect for the effort in doing it and still maintaining a positive attitude in the hobby. Also great for the community as they can maybe save a buck or two.

#19385 10 months ago

Incidentally the person that wasn't happy with me on Reddit was running the tournaments at this location, which I referenced in my post.

#19386 10 months ago
Quoted from WildRover:If anyone is looking for a basically new FF Premium here you go!:

Machine - For Sale

Foo Fighters (Premium)

New ad!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Basically new condition. I bought it new in box, just time to make room! Less than 100 plays, everything is in perfect condition no issues to speak of. Includes all the stuff that ...”

6 hours ago

Eau Claire, WI
(111 mi)

WildRover

GLTWS

I'd be interested but I want to trade for one

#19387 10 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Incidentally the person that wasn't happy with me on Reddit was running the tournaments at this location, which I referenced in my post.

It's been a minute since I've been part of that scene, but generally the tournament directors at Morts were doing it out of love and not making money off it.

#19388 10 months ago

Halloween CE for sale - Madison.

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “For sale Halloween CE. Has been on route but well maintained and playing well. Only selling as it is time to swap out with another new game. Typical small blems of being a rou...”
2023-05-19
Madison, WI
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 269 times

#19389 10 months ago
Quoted from roffels:

It's been a minute since I've been part of that scene, but generally the tournament directors at Morts were doing it out of love and not making money off it.

Still no reason to bad mouth a competitor.

#19390 10 months ago

I don't think it makes sense to use a 2am bar-close shooting that stemmed from an earlier altercation to generalize a location's safety for the sake of an insult to some mild criticism. Do you have any personal experience with the location or are you the same as the dude talking out of his ass about your place?

#19391 10 months ago
Quoted from Ribs:

some mild criticism.

I don't think attacking my business, my livelihood, with things that aren't true, is mild.

Quoted from Ribs:

or are you the same as the dude talking out of his ass about your place?

Here yes, on Reddit, no. After you posted this : Oh come on, there are no locations like this in MN.

#19392 10 months ago

We're about 3 months away from another 2DCon, and I'd like to see if anyone here's willing to bring some machines!

The convention runs from August 25th-27th at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Minneapolis. Load-in starts on the afternoon of the 24th, and for each machine you can keep on site from the 25-27th, we'll give you a VIP ticket, up to four machines. If you want to bring more and/or you have a business you want to represent, DM me and we can figure out if we can throw in some extra perks / advertising / whatever.

A VIP ticket gets you access to the two planned VIP parties, one at Lakes and Legends Thursday night, and one during the weekend at the hotel. More VIP perks are listed at https://www.2dcon.net/register

We're planning on hosting a free strikes tournament, which will be IFPA sanctioned this year.

I'm one of the pinball department leads this year, feel free to DM me any questions, and the form to bring your own machine is at https://www.2dcon.net/what-to-do/arcade/

#19393 10 months ago

Great value on low play loaded mando package

#19394 10 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

10-4, Roger that. I totally understand. I think people were just referencing what was said in the media piece as to maybe not being totally correct.

#19395 10 months ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

10-4, Roger that. I totally understand. I think people were just referencing what was said in the media piece as to maybe not being totally correct.

They rarely are with stories meant to show people who probably know nothing about pinball (the reporter who showed up sure didn’t) things like “how weird, people play pinball tournaments in Blaine in 2023… look at all the games and various people enjoying themselves”.

Just as unsurprising unfortunately are all the shitbirds whose first reaction is to jump in with the typical Blainbrook sucks responses (here, on Facebook posts, etc.).

To be honest, and just speaking for myself here, but I would rather everybody that thinks so poorly of Blainbrook just stop coming. All the negativity toward it lately is really ruining it for me and making me not want to even show up to events anymore.

#19396 10 months ago
Quoted from skink91:

All the negativity toward it lately is really ruining it for me and making me not want to even show up to events anymore.

If you enjoy going there I hope you can ignore the negativity and keep going and have fun !

#19397 10 months ago

I’m glad I suck enough at pinball to not have to consider which tournament to go to

I went to a couple when covid wrapped up and realized how rusty I was and figured I’ll leave it to the experts and keep my head under the playfield

#19398 10 months ago
Quoted from EJS:

I’m glad I suck enough at pinball to not have to consider which tournament to go to

I for one am forever grateful you made it to my 50th Anniversary party.

Only 3,412 days until my 60th Anniversary party. I hope you can make that one too.

#19399 10 months ago

We all eat sh*t sandwiches sometimes….

You should the grin on my face…

Now, back at the OK corral….

#19400 10 months ago

I eat shit all the time...its gross

There are 20,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 388 of 414.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/388 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.