1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 358.
#1851 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Heads up for anyone looking for Whitewater.
chicago.craigslist.org link

If anyone wants to buy it and work out something for my CFTBL, LMK.

That is a title I would be interested in owning someday.

#1852 8 years ago

#1853 8 years ago

... doh ... triple post

#1854 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

... doh ... triple post

Triple posts help grow this thread. .

#1855 8 years ago
Quoted from haunted1:

Man of I would have seen that sat/Sunday I would already of been enroute. Oh well, it is a great game, I am sure I will find one again.

Todd, when you are ready... I have a friend who may be looking to sell a nice WW.

#1856 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone wants to buy it and work out something for my CFTBL, LMK.

I've never been a HUGE fan of Creech, something about the PF being completely obscured by the ramps and other stuff bugged me. I've only played 3-5 games on it at Lloyds so this may be part of the reason.

I recently picked up a Flintstones in a trade (another Trudeau, like Creech) and was worried about the same type of blocking and layout..

After 10+ games on Flintstones, I'm loving it. Loving the design, playfield layout, everything. I think it's time for me to take another crack at Creech!

#1857 8 years ago

Frank Thomas Big Hurt and Dr. Dude available for trade..Both work great..

#1858 8 years ago

Someone here in kato has one of these for sale, i'm not intersted but thought maybe someone here is?

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=171

he said it needs work, PM for details.

#1859 8 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

I've never been a HUGE fan of Creech, something about the PF being completely obscured by the ramps and other stuff bugged me. I've only played 3-5 games on it at Lloyds so this may be part of the reason.
I recently picked up a Flintstones in a trade (another Trudeau, like Creech) and was worried about the same type of blocking and layout..
After 10+ games on Flintstones, I'm loving it. Loving the design, playfield layout, everything. I think it's time for me to take another crack at Creech!

That is a complaint I have heard alot, but honestly I do not feel like Creech has any shots blocked.

They are all very open and I can see exactly where I am aiming for the opening. Snack bar may be just slightly obscured but not for my height/perspective...

#1860 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

They are all very open and I can see exactly where I am aiming for the opening. Snack bar may be just slightly obscured but not for my height/perspective...

On flintstones, the slot roll overs for the skill shot are almost entirely blocked by the Dino, but other than that not much is in the way. On Creech, for me it was just a matter of not being able to track the ball path entirely. A lot of the time it seemed like the ball was hidden for me. Again, just my own perception and I only played a couple games on it.

#1861 8 years ago

It is very hidden coming out from the pops but it is also a very predictable pattern so I you always know where it will return to.

#1862 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I think it is time for the annual party!

When, where? Sign me up.

#1864 8 years ago

Has anybody been to Dulono pizza lately? What games do they have there now?

#1865 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Never heard of them... Google seach shows its Korean/Japanese Pizza joint? Odd.

Maybe you mean DeLeo Bros in Woodbury? They have Stern Indy, Avatar, POTC, SWE1, and the regular 80s arcades and great food. http://www.deleobrospizza.com/

#1866 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Pinball locator says LOTR and WPT. Not sure if that is accurate, I've never been there.

http://pinballmap.com/twincities

#1867 8 years ago

Josh you got flinstones?!? Gah I wanna try that!

#1868 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is a complaint I have heard alot, but honestly I do not feel like Creech has any shots blocked.

The first few games on Creech had me disliking the game quite a bit. However, it's really grown on me, it takes time. It isn't "deep", but it's fun.

#1869 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

The first few games on Creech had me disliking the game quite a bit. However, it's really grown on me, it takes time. It isn't "deep", but it's fun.

I'm right with you. I've only played the real thing a handful of times and always walked away disappointed with the gameplay, especially with how much I love the theme, art, and everything else about it. Since then I've been giving it a lot of play on Pinball Arcade (I know it's not quite the same, but still...) and it's really grown on me. I need to spend some quality time with a real one.

#1870 8 years ago

Odd, I've had the same experience with CFTBL. First impressions were not good. I've since been convinced to play it more, and I really like it. Fast and mean...

#1871 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Odd, I've had the same experience with CFTBL. First impressions were not good. I've since been convinced to play it more, and I really like it. Fast and mean...

I love my Creetch. I never really understood the hate for the game, but now that I've been around Pinside for a while, I've realized there's a lot of hate for a lot of games that seems unwarranted and in some ways almost seems scripted. Because of that realization, I don't tend to worry about popular opinion much anymore. If I did, I'd never like or buy anything. Oh and this just in:

Congo rocks.

#1872 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Maybe depends on the game you've played and where. The route ones on Milwaukee are often in dark locations, with poor lighting (broken GI?), and the ramps are cloudy. That, and the ones on route on Milwaukee tend to break a lot. So as someone who doesn't do home games, its tough to see I think, especially the area around the pops.

Oh, and ditto what others said about Creature growing on you. It takes some time to appreciate what the game is about, and how to do well.

#1873 8 years ago

All this talk about Creature reminds me:

This Sunday is Blackbird Bar's monthly pinball tournament in Milwaukee!

Lineup: The Shadow, *Creature from the Black Lagoon*, Medieval Madness.

3007 S Kinnickinnic Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53207

This Sunday (August 4th) at 6PM. Only cost is coin drop (50 cents a game).

You can win free beer from Milwaukee Brewing Company! A casual, non-IFPA tourney!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/326079024126407/

#1874 8 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I love my Creetch. I never really understood the hate for the game, but now that I've been around Pinside for a while, I've realized there's a lot of hate for a lot of games that seems unwarranted and in some ways almost seems scripted. Because of that realization, I don't tend to worry about popular opinion much anymore. If I did, I'd never like or buy anything. Oh and this just in:
Congo rocks.

You got that right, the same goes for me, I like what I like and if nobody wants to play it oh well. Never played Congo...I know it has a BIG monkey on it.

#1875 8 years ago
Quoted from jpolfer:

This Sunday is Blackbird Bar's monthly pinball tournament in Milwaukee!

The Wednesday one was so fun I was hoping I could make this one. Sadly I have to work. Maybe next month.

#1876 8 years ago

The closest routed pin to me is a CFTBL. I love it.

#1877 8 years ago

Twin Cities here I come, Vacation and first stop the Twin Cities for the weekend. Do they play pinball there? Just teasing hopefully I will get to see some of you.

#1878 8 years ago

Weird Al is coming to Mystic tomorrow and so will I! The mrs and I love weird al.

#1879 8 years ago

Any other WI computer nerds following this list going to That Conference in the dells next week?

Would totally be up for meeting a few others and play WOZ at Moosejaw sometime.

#1880 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I'm the opposite - liked it at first, then couldn't wait to get rid of it. I don't miss it either.

#1881 8 years ago

In case some of you are on the fence, better act soon. Only 6 spots remain for the big madison area tourney! www.madrollinpinball.com

Weekend of sept 14th

#1882 8 years ago

I tried to get that Blackout on CL today. Responded within 20 minutes of ad, got nuttin' back.

why.gif

#1883 8 years ago
Quoted from jpolfer:

Any other WI computer nerds following this list going to That Conference in the dells next week?

Would totally be up for meeting a few others and play WOZ at Moosejaw sometime.

i am always up for a game or two. i will be out of town tuesday and wednesday, but i should be around otherwise. let me know if you want to meet up.

christopher

#1884 8 years ago

Lloyd really lucked out with a nice dog to greet us when we visit!

0RlkVqM.jpeg

#1886 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

That dog has met a lot of pinball players.

#1887 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I think it's due to the design team under John T. - I felt the same way on Whitewater and Judge Dredd - both games I was surprised that they were rated so high after my first initial plays - I felt as if they game play was not very interesting and it simply was a boring experience. However - each game has since lured me back and I own both. Looking forward to what John can do now that he is with Stern.

#1888 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Weird Al is coming to Mystic tomorrow and so will I! The mrs and I love weird al.

Just took the kids to see him at the Wisconsin State Fair. Good sized crowd and great weather. His set list was cut a bit short due to the city's restriction, but still a great show.

His backup band is getting old - they look like a few of them have hit sixty.

#1889 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Just took the kids to see him at the Wisconsin State Fair. Good sized crowd and great weather. His set list was cut a bit short due to the city's restriction, but still a great show.

He's 53, no spring chicken either.

#1890 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Thank you for stopping by. Prada especially enjoyed your visit.

I hope you had a great time at the concert and a safe trip home.

LTG : )

#1891 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Wife and I went to Weird Al last night at Mystic. Great show as usual.

#1892 8 years ago

Selling Getaway if anyone is interested. Playfield and cab look good. Light wear on a couple inserts. Cab has some fade. Everything works well except one of the flippers needs correct coil. No credit dot. Just trying to break even here. $1900/obo.

Will take pics and put in Marketplace and CL tonight. Thought I would post here in case someone wants it. Heads up went to Todd and another interested party but they passed.

Funds are limited so we're selling to make room for another game.

#1893 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Selling Getaway if anyone is interested. Playfield and cab look good. Light wear on a couple inserts. Cab has some fade. Everything works well except one of the flippers needs correct coil. No credit dot. Just trying to break even here. $1900/obo.
Will take pics and put in Marketplace and CL tonight. Thought I would post here in case someone wants it. Heads up went to Todd and another interested party but they passed.
Funds are limited so we're selling to make room for another game.

Thought you just bought that.

#1894 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Thought you just bought that.

Any chance you are related to a "Mustang Sally"? If you are, could you please tell her that she needs to slow her mustang down?

#1895 8 years ago

Sorry you didn't like the game, I love it.

#1896 8 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Any chance you are related to a "Mustang Sally"? If you are, could you please tell her that she needs to slow her mustang down?

Ohhhhh...."NO SOUP FOR YOU"!!!

#1897 8 years ago

If I had the room I'd buy it Steve. Put it right next to my High Speed. Would that light up the room or what.

#1898 8 years ago

I'd love me a hs2 but I cannot acquire one at the time I did put a high score on the one at white bear movie theater

#1899 8 years ago

Anybody going to Expo with space for a game? Cards25 is looking for someone to transport my HS2 to Expo.

#1900 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Anybody going to Expo with space for a game? Cards25 is looking for someone to transport my HS2 to Expo.

PM'd him Greg's info. Greg usually goes and picks up and drops off along the way. Reasonable price too, if it isn't a major detour to do it.

LTG : )

There are 17,884 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 358.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!