1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 379 of 415.
#18901 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

Look, we're clearly steering toward a "I'll pay you to come take this away" situation, so I'll just pop down and grab it. It'll look nice next to an original run

If he gives it to you for free I want mine back for free. Seems fair all the way around. Will donate to pinside.

#18902 1 year ago

Anyone interested in an AIQ premium? It’s HUO with some good mods. Stern topper and shooter. Shaker. Mirror blades. Some other extras.

My dad is coming to Sioux Falls this weekend and can haul it back to the twin cities at no addition charge.

Shoot me a PM if you’re interested.

EDIT - SOLD

#18903 1 year ago
Quoted from Barkz:

If he gives it to you for free I want mine back for free. Seems fair all the way around. Will donate to pinside.

Free plus the parts and time spent keeping that bitch alive

#18904 1 year ago

Anyone interested in an UM BSE? Thinking about listing it. Has a couple hundred plays and is in like new condition. This is the version with no topper and the black sparkle powder coated armor. Let me know.

#18905 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan_Halen:

Look, we're clearly steering toward a "I'll pay you to come take this away" situation, so I'll just pop down and grab it. It'll look nice next to an original run

Feel free, just "accidentally" leave 7800 united states dollar bills behind plz.

#18906 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Feel free, just "accidentally" leave 7800 united states dollar bills behind plz.

Do you like Minnesota Fun Bux? Cause I got plenty of those

#18907 1 year ago

No joke, the TNA 2.0 I have is one of those scenarios where when the person buys it, they're gonna be like "Holy shit this thing is in perfect condition. Even better than described." Yep

#18908 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Droppin TNA again, is basically free at this point. $7800

GLWTS that is a killer deal for someone looking for TNA.

#18909 1 year ago

Anyone want to share his/her opinions on this latest deluge of new releases?

I've been following along, reading threads, watching "featurettes," poring over reveal photos (when available), and even play testing a title or two.

If I had to rank them by my level of interest...

7. Multi-Morphic's Final Resistance
6. Spooky's Scooby-Doo
5. Stern's Bond 60th
4. AP's Galactic Tank Force
3. JJP's The Godfather
2. Stern's Foo Fighters
1. CGC's Pulp Fiction

These rankings will very probably get switched up after I've had the chance to try them all - whenever that will be - but this is where they land today.

#18910 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I've been following along, reading threads, watching "featurettes," poring over reveal photos (when available), and even play testing a title or two.
6. Spooky's Scooby-Doo
5. Stern's Bond 60th
3. JJP's The Godfather
2. Stern's Foo Fighters
1. CGC's Pulp Fiction
These rankings will very probably get switched up after I've had the chance to try them all - whenever that will be - but this is where they land today.

I haven’t played close attention to new stuff since I don’t really play on location or buy NIB but off of license we are pretty much in agreement except pulp fiction. I’d move bond up even though I didn’t like the game but didn’t see it with the new software.

#18911 1 year ago

6. Spooky's Scooby-Doo
5. Stern's Bond 60th
3. JJP's The Godfather
2. Stern's Foo Fighters
1. CGC's Pulp Fiction

Here's my ranking by level of interest
7. Bond 60th. $20k game, And a theme I have low interest in combined with Stern mailing it in on everything besides layout. Easy pass
6. P3 Final Resistance. Game actually looks cool but I have 0 interest in the P3 platform.
5. Godfather. Game is fun and shoots great but price is too high to justify and JJP is bad at supporting code. Glad I have two to play on route.
4. GTF. Beautiful game but the layout looks pretty basic. If they have a standard at $7500 or less and the code/rules look good I may be interested.
3. Scooby Doo. Great theme and I enjoy the game but code is still really early. I'll wait a year and re-evaluate once code is complete and prices settle.
2. Pulp Fiction looks really cool and I have interest in a standard (i dont care for toppers)but I think I'm better off waiting since it will likely be a 7-12 months before they are readily available. I also want to play one before deciding because I'm generally not a fan of CGC's flippers. If this pin were available sooner it would be my #1.
1. Foo Fighters. Probably the game I'll pickup in 2023, but i still need to play it. I like the theme and the layout and rules look right up my alley.

#18912 1 year ago

6. Spooky's Scooby-Doo
5. Stern's Bond 60th
3. JJP's The Godfather
2. Stern's Foo Fighters
1. CGC's Pulp Fiction

For me I am the most excited about Pulp Fiction, awesome license and layout is great with a vintage layout and more depth to the code. (I mean who doesn't love Fish Tales from Mark should be a mandatory buy). Foo would be 2nd for me as well. Very Elwin-ish but I personally have a problem with the art almost appears like skittles exploded. Should shoot well and be a good stern but kind of more of the same. I was rooting for GTF but Nordman's design fell flat for me. Wide open left ramp that is really important to the game. Only 4 main shots and not much flow or combos with all the stand ups. Scooby is just filled with QC issues and layout is slow from the looks of it. JJP the Godfather looks pretty neat but just too much cheddar for me. There is my two cents, Pulp for the win.

#18913 1 year ago
Quoted from EJS:

...I’d move bond up even though I didn’t like the game but didn’t see it with the new software.

I confess I like Bond 60th a lot as a layout, but I ranked it low because of its absurd price. Pulp Fiction is kind of an affordable Bond 60th to me. The featurette on Pulp Fiction impressed me. The guys at CGC are determined to make a quality machine, and that means a lot to me. I thlnk Sterns shoot great, but I don't like their failure-prone node boards on the SPIKE2 titles and I think their quality control in general is *very* spotty.

Quoted from MikeS:

I also want to play one before deciding because I'm generally not a fan of CGC's flippers.

I hear that! That's an aspect of CGC games that bugs me, too.

Quoted from aaron6920:

Scooby is just filled with QC issues and layout is slow from the looks of it.

Agreed. As much as I want to support plucky little Spooky, they need to spend more time quality testing their games. My own Spooky experience soured me on the company, sadly, and don't foresee myself trying another one of their games.

#18914 1 year ago

Less than zero interest in Bond 60, Scooby, and anything P3, and not much interest in the rest, but could see owning a Foo Fighters some day. I've had money ready to go for a new game for over a year and no one has made something that ticks all the boxes for me. Was hoping the used market would come back to reality so I could pick something up from my want list, but that doesn't seem to be happening either.

#18915 1 year ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Was hoping the used market would come back to reality so I could pick something up from my want list,

This is a hope of *all* of us, for sure. All I see is overpriced HUO pins - still. Are they sitting? A bit, yes. The market is far from saturated, but it's getting denser. Sellers are in for an awakening as they toss their pins onto the Classifieds - to "make room" for new pins - at premium prices expecting a quick sale. Witness: the friendly Jason (Wildrover) and his spectacular-bargain TNA, marked down weekly. It's getting tough out there!

#18916 1 year ago

Sellers are in for an awakening as they toss their pins onto the Classifieds at premium prices expecting a quick sale.

Problem is a seller wants money to buy a new pin. Buyer that has the money wants the new pin too.

Strange market out there right now. Unless you have a desirable title or blow out pricing.

LTG : )

#18917 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Problem is a seller wants money to buy a new pin. Buyer that has the money wants the new pin too.
Strange market out there right now. Unless you have a desirable title or blow out pricing.

That’s when I go upstairs and play some Target Pool and 8BD and call it a day. They can release 20 games and I’m still having a good time.

#18918 1 year ago

6. Spooky's Scooby-Doo
5. Stern's Bond 60th
3. JJP's The Godfather
2. Stern's Foo Fighters
1. CGC's Pulp Fiction

come to MGC 2023. If the stars align we should have 5 (maybe 6) of the games listed there under the KingPin banner!

#18919 1 year ago

cgc flippers are still a thing? I guess I need to get to Llyod's to play them side by side but I feel like they're fine.

FR should be sweet. Stream is coming up, so should be fun to see. I would expect it to be at up coming shows as well.
I saw scooby doo on ie pinball and ufff super boring... hopefully code progresses.
Everything looks fun and different, which is nice to see.

#18920 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

come to MGC 2023. If the stars align we should have 5 (maybe 6) of the games listed there under the KingPin banner!

Chris, will you have a PF in your booth?

#18921 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I’ve crawled back into the Wpc and sys11 cave, or high-end desirable titles. Be nimble folks.
But yeah, with so much on the come line, it can be difficult for the shooter to pass

#18922 1 year ago
Quoted from Minnpin65:

Chris, will you have a PF in your booth?

Still too early to confirm, but hoping so.

#18923 1 year ago

I am looking for a Gottlieb TeamOne for my Wizard project, only need one more. Ive posted here in the past (this is the land of AAB) but I figured I'd try once again. Have buddies in MN and WI that can pick up for me.

Ken

#18924 1 year ago

I'm way more excited for Pulp fiction than any of the other new releases, it looks like it nailed the old school vibe but with a fun and deep enough ruleset, unique layout and all the right licenses.
Has me looking around my collection with squinty eyes.
Scooby-Doo looks cool too.
Not really interested in anything JJP not named Dialed in but I'll try it.
Don't have enough play time on the P3 to be excited for a new module.
As a list its probably:
1. Pulp fiction
2. Scooby Doo, could be best Spooky next to TNA
3. Bond 60, never to buy but looks fun to flip
4. GTF, mostly just curious
5. Foo Fighters, Not my theme but Stern has converted me before.
6. Godfather, I'll hold judgement but expecting a fancy mush/snooze fest.
7. P3 game, I want more time on all of their games.

#18925 1 year ago

Going to pick up a Jungle Lord and Diamond Lady tonight. Never saw DL before, but it looks interesting. I’m not sure I want to keep both of them, but had to take the two. I’ve played Jungle Lord a bit out at D82, and still can’t decide if I’m a fan.

#18926 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Still too early to confirm, but hoping so.

Fingers crossed! We’ll be there!

#18927 1 year ago

-Foo Fighters - Very promising...I'll have a Premium in just a few weeks!
-Godfather - So early but it looks beatuiful and I've heard it shoots really well.
-Scooby - Played it twice, got a little bored but it was beautiful as well and it felt pretty great to shoot
-Pulp Fiction - Cale and Electric Bat are buying one on the first run...but that's in October...looks like a home run.
-Final Resistance/P3 - someone around here needs to get one so we can all play P3 games!

Maybe I should get a P3...

#18928 1 year ago

I'll be at MGC on Saturday...who else is going?

#18929 1 year ago

I have a Xenon CPR playfield for $800. Beautiful specimen silkscreened before the days when they started rating them. Delivery to MGC if sale is a sure thing.

#18930 1 year ago

Looking to trade or sell at MGC

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “For Sale or Trade Great condition BSD. (more pics via PM) Left side still red, front and right fully faded. Backbox and inserts are full LED. GI is mixed LED and Incandescent. N...”
2023-03-15
Oak Creek, WI
Archived after: 24 days
Viewed: 520 times

#18931 1 year ago

I've been tracking the latest, and I'm experiencing a bit of whiplash from all the announcements! For context, my only pin is my vault Star Trek Pro, and maybe I can squeeze in one more... maybe. For me, purchasing interest is dampened by price (of course) but also by how reliably I enjoy ST!

Here's where I'm at:

Bond (Pro/Prem) - dream theme for me, Connery and all. I have a blast playing this on location and the code will only improve.

Pulp fiction - the only movie I've ever seen twice (in the theatre) in the same day upon release. Actually, it isn't the theme that sways me; something about this looks like it would be a ton of fun!

Galactic Tank Force - this could be the EHoH I might actually be able to afford: campy '50s / '60s film vibe, interesting toys, very much want to see how it plays.

Godfather - my best friend got to play this on location in Atlanta already and raved about how much he liked it. I typically want to love JJP but struggle to have a good time flipping them.

P3 - I've never seen one on location, but would love to try.

Foo Fighters - gotta hand it to Jack Danger: this layout looks great and I cannot wait to play.

Scooby - my favorite Spooky pins are TNA and ACNC. I was delighted to see this on location, dropped in my quarters, but no joy. I still think it looks amazing, and the theme is very well done. I have to give this another chance. I keep coming back to RaM, but that pin is such a butt-kicker so I have mixed feels about it.

Bond 60th - played on location and was shocked at how hard I bounced off of it. I thought I'd love it. I had so many great location plays on Beatles (and thought this would scratch a similar itch), but this was just blah.

Honorable mention: Haggis Fathom remake. It's by no means a new release, but I really wish I could play it--or even just see it in person.

Cheers!

#18932 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Droppin TNA again, is basically free at this point. $7800

Podcast Raffle?

#18933 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

I'll be at MGC on Saturday...who else is going?

Coming for all three days. Check out this thread if you are coming:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mgc-2023-what-are-you-bringing-selling-trading-iso

#18934 1 year ago

Good call thank you. Could bring TNA 2.0 to sell or trade it now...

#18935 1 year ago

Anyone local have a guardians of the galaxy pro they'd sell?

#18936 1 year ago
Quoted from izzymonkey:

For me, purchasing interest is dampened by price (of course) but also by how reliably I enjoy ST!

Congrats to you for having an affordable pin that you reliably enjoy. Have you reached the wizard modes? I have very little experience with ST.

Quoted from izzymonkey:

Here's where I'm at:

Bond (Pro/Prem) - dream theme for me

Ooh, nice! Another Bond fan! I watched Bond movies on ABC's Sunday Night at the Movies when I was a boy. They were exciting, obviously, but the violence was a tad scary to me. I did love the gadgets though. I just watched Thunderball again last month and thought it was great.

Quoted from izzymonkey:

Pulp fiction - the only movie I've ever seen twice (in the theatre) in the same day upon release.

Seeing a movie twice in the same day? I don't recall ever doing that. Good for you...I guess. I love Pulp Fiction, too. The dialogue is a hoot! Sam Jackson's Jules is the best! "What?! What ain't no country I ever heard of. They speak English in What?"

Quoted from tenhaken:

Coming for all three days. Check out this thread if you are coming:

I've never made the trip to MGC. To be honest, the temptation has never been that high. (No disrespect!) I'm just not a show goer. It's a long haul, expensive, and when there I have to wait in line to try games. Sure, it would be nice to see/meet Pinsiders I've gotten to know here, but that's a lot of work/expense for that. Lastly, I don't really party - like, at all. Fuddy-duddy! Perhaps that's me.

#18937 1 year ago
Quoted from brobra:

But yeah, with so much on the come line, it can be difficult for the shooter to pass

What does this mean? I mean, I guess I kind of know what it means, but the syntax is...well, unfamiliar. Is it hip speak and I'm just missing it? The BroBra is a man of many talents, hauler extraordinaire topping the list. (What run has he *not* made delivering a pinball machine?!) Now I'm adding "wordsmith" to the list, or perhaps just "hepcat."

#18938 1 year ago

I have a Hoop Fever arcade basketball game and fast track arcade air hockey table for sale. Both full sized commercial units, not home model shit. PM me.

#18939 1 year ago
Quoted from gutz:

I have a Hoop Fever arcade basketball game and fast track arcade air hockey table for sale. Both full sized commercial units, not home model shit. PM me.

“Not home model shit”…snorted at that part. shoot me a photo of what these look like.

#18940 1 year ago

Congrats to you for having an affordable pin that you reliably enjoy. Have you reached the wizard modes? I have very little experience with ST.

Indeed--the Kobayashi Maru wizard mode is attainable for me, and I like trying to risk getting deeper (level 2, level 3) in a couple normal modes on the way. That and collecting Medals helps elevate scores, too.

#18941 1 year ago

Anyone want to trade a solid state or system 11 plus cash for a RUSH pro?

#18942 1 year ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Anyone want to trade a solid state or system 11 plus cash for a RUSH pro?

I have a system 11 Rollergames if that interests you. Near perfect condition.

#18943 1 year ago

Anyone got a TWD for sale? Prefer premium but would consider a pro.

Added 13 months ago:

Only a Premium

#18944 1 year ago
Quoted from mr9865:

I have a system 11 Rollergames if that interests you. Near perfect condition.

Would all depend on what you need to get for it.

#18945 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

Anyone got a TWD for sale? Prefer premium but would consider a pro.

My Walking Dead pro is 6K. In a brewery in Stevens Point if you want to check it out.

#18947 1 year ago
Quoted from WildRover:

-Foo Fighters - Very promising...I'll have a Premium in just a few weeks!
-Godfather - So early but it looks beatuiful and I've heard it shoots really well.
-Scooby - Played it twice, got a little bored but it was beautiful as well and it felt pretty great to shoot
-Pulp Fiction - Cale and Electric Bat are buying one on the first run...but that's in October...looks like a home run.
-Final Resistance/P3 - someone around here needs to get one so we can all play P3 games!
Maybe I should get a P3...

wonder if neo is getting FR?

#18949 1 year ago

I'd like to trade my Theatre of Magic for a newer Stern machine if anyone is interested. I swapped out lights with LEDs and replaced the opto sensors. Replaced the trunk. Added pinblades (and have an extra set to give too). There's some cosmetic wear but it plays great. Cosmetic wear = bend in chrome trim on left side from previous owner, trunk is new but showing wear, crinkle in the pinblade. I'm in no hurry but would trade if the right machine pops up. I'd be interested in a Deadpool Premium, Guardians of Galaxy Premium or Stranger Things Premium but open to other ideas I may not be thinking of. May consider a Pro depending on the machine. Just looking for something new to play. Can send pics to whoever is interested.

#18950 1 year ago
Quoted from t_robertson:

I'd like to trade my Theatre of Magic for a newer Stern machine if anyone is interested.

For those interested, know that Travis is a great guy and a great seller.

There are 20,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 379 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/379 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.