1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 415.
#17301 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Regional Pinheads: How Are You Weathering the Pinball Market?
Just wondering what those of you here who haven't got bottomless pockets are doing that is helping you keep your spirits up.
It seems more and more I am complaining to my various friends about being priced out of the hobby. I used to be excited because there were always real possibilities around every corner. Now HUO games are bringing 20-40% more than they did just two years ago and NIB pins are backordered for months/years. I s'pose you're fine if you have a collection and you want to rotate one out. You sell your pin for a fortune and then spend that fortune to get another. Easy. But if you have a habit of taking a bath on the pins you sell (as I have), how can you possibly buy another pin with the proceeds?
To tide me over, I bought a "project" pin - my first. It's a WMS System-7 from '81. Yeah, it's OLD. I had it shipped here. It was misrepresented a bit, but when you describe a sale pin as a "project," you sort of indemnify yourself to the buyer. As in, well, what did you expect?! It's a project! So yeah, I have a lot of work in front of me before I can even plug it in. (Sent the boards off for rehab'ing today; six weeks turnaround.) I recently shopped a TZ and that was a serious grind. I said I wouldn't do it again, so I bought a Spooky pin afterward. That game disappointed in various ways, too, and I find myself yearning for a Stern again. But can I buy a NIB? Yes and no. Yes if I want to spend $7K for a PRO and get on a list and wait six months, but who wants to do that? I root around for new distributors and ask them for inventory lists, hoping to find a fresh source of worthwhile games. Right now I'm finding Beatles, STh, Beatles, Mando, Beatles, LZ, and Turtles. I will keep looking! And I will keep resurrecting this '81 System-7!

I’ve always enjoyed I mean loved pinball. Just started collecting last year. By far the funniest most inexpensive hoppy one can have IMHO. I don’t understand the people who would cheer on prices dropping.

What amount of price drop would you enjoy seeing? 20%?

#17302 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

My sentiment is to buy them, enjoy the heck out of them, and don’t fret losing 10% on occasion. If you play and enjoy them the cost per game is actually super low if you end up losing money.

Or better yet, stop listening to a certain now silent podcaster and just buy games you like. Stop buying just to get the newest or speculating on profit later. The term investment should never be used with pinball in my opinion. Ruins the fun

#17303 2 years ago

Agreed, just pointing out pinside sentiment does make or break game pricing.

Right now if I were looking for a bargain I’d be tracking down zepp premium. Mark my words it’s going up from here(the bottom). It’s a fun one too!

#17304 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Or better yet, stop listening to a certain now silent podcaster and just buy games you like. Stop buying just to get the newest or speculating on profit later. The term investment should never be used with pinball in my opinion. Ruins the fun

You get what you sow - however I feel empathy for those who feel they are getting "priced out" (whatever that really means) of this great hobby. There are plenty, and I mean plenty of great games from the last 50 years that are out there to enjoy. Even after being doing this for 13 years, there are still games that I could get and discover. for the first time.

If you can't be happy with pinball because you can't afford NIB games, you should go find another hobby or talk to a professional.

#17305 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

There is no miss representing a “project pin”.

I believe that was my point; once you toss the term "project" into your listing, you absolve yourself of accountability. It's brilliant.

Quoted from Tallon:

The trick is to understand that a 40 year old machine might just be a good “players” game

Believe me, that's all I was expecting. "Good bones" and nothing more.

Quoted from Tallon:

Since I do my own board work and find the old bally and Williams system 3-7 board set to be pretty easy to work on, I have no problem getting them up and running.

I envy you. I thought about digging into my boards myself, but after reading PinWiki and watching Chris Hibler's YouTube clip on rehabbing a Sys-7 MPU and driver board, I decided to spend $300 to let a professional do it. The other option was spending $550 for new boards from PinballPCB.

Quoted from Tallon:

There is no shortage of projects, just grab them when they come along.

I wish it were that easy. I don't have a deep network to draw on. I look on CL and FB and Pinside and the worthwhile ones are gone before I even respond.

Quoted from Tallon:

In times like this either be happy with your collection and play more then you fix or work on the backlog of stuff you have sitting.

What collection is that? I have just one game at a time.

Thanks for responding to my post.

#17306 2 years ago

Just wondering what those of you here who haven't got bottomless pockets are doing that is helping you keep your spirits up.
It seems more and more I am complaining to my various friends about being priced out of the hobby. I used to be excited because there were always real possibilities around every corner. Now HUO games are bringing 20-40% more than they did just two years ago and NIB pins are backordered for months/years. I s'pose you're fine if you have a collection and you want to rotate one out. You sell your pin for a fortune and then spend that fortune to get another. Easy. But if you have a habit of taking a bath on the pins you sell (as I have), how can you possibly buy another pin with the proceeds?
To tide me over, I bought a "project" pin - my first. It's a WMS System-7 from '81. Yeah, it's OLD. I had it shipped here. It was misrepresented a bit, but when you describe a sale pin as a "project," you sort of indemnify yourself to the buyer. As in, well, what did you expect?! It's a project! So yeah, I have a lot of work in front of me before I can even plug it in. (Sent the boards off for rehab'ing today; six weeks turnaround.) I recently shopped a TZ and that was a serious grind. I said I wouldn't do it again, so I bought a Spooky pin afterward. That game disappointed in various ways, too, and I find myself yearning for a Stern again. But can I buy a NIB? Yes and no. Yes if I want to spend $7K for a PRO and get on a list and wait six months, but who wants to do that? I root around for new distributors and ask them for inventory lists, hoping to find a fresh source of worthwhile games. Right now I'm finding Beatles, STh, Beatles, Mando, Beatles, LZ, and Turtles. I will keep looking! And I will keep resurrecting this '81 System-7!

I certainly agree that if you are looking to have a big collection now is a very expensive hobby to be in at the moment. But to be honest I never have had a hobby where two years into it everything I purchased was worth more than what I paid. Not saying it will last but the demand isn't always a bad thing. Games sell in a day or less on almost every Stern title and for more or equal to what you paid. Keep positive I think if you next game is a new Stern you could probably trade "even up" for a few rounds and have a lot of fun.

#17307 2 years ago

My friend is looking for a Bally Playboy, working or not. Let me know what you have if you are looking to sell

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/127837

#17308 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

The term investment should never be used with pinball in my opinion. Ruins the fun

This. I remember after I had been collecting for a couple years and a buddy was talking about how much his collection was worth. It had never occurred to me to put a price tag on what I had. I had lost some money on almost every game I bought/sold at that point. I figured that was just part of the hobby and was happy to get anything after I was done enjoying it. Things have changed man!

#17309 2 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

This. I remember after I had been collecting for a couple years and a buddy was talking about how much his collection was worth. It had never occurred to me to put a price tag on what I had. I had lost some money on almost every game I bought/sold at that point. I figured that was just part of the hobby and was happy to get anything after I was done enjoying it. Things have changed man!

You turn a fun hobby into something else at that point. I enjoy the tinkering and than playing. I don't look at it as dollar signs. Otherwise I would just flip them like I used to with cars back in the day. I only started collecting pins a couple years ago though.

#17310 2 years ago

Just a heads up, most likely going to list the JP Pro from route up for sale. Need to get to the location and check the audits and get pics. It is a route game but in pretty good shape. Just a little issue with that post under the upper flipper.

#17311 2 years ago

still looking for a jp premium for a buddy if anyone has one

#17312 2 years ago

Listing a ss Cleopatra working players game. Will.need to be shopped. Has connectors repinned, miwumpf board, power supply recapped. Cabinet a little rough.pf has wear. Just pm for details. Will be happy to donate to pinside if it sells here.

#17313 2 years ago

Just seeing if anyone will have a Whirlwind ready to sell in the next month or so. Have room for one more pin, and this is the chosen one. Thanks!

#17315 2 years ago

Had a fyre sale on this title and it's going to a pinsider.

#17316 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Had a fyre sale on this title and it's going to a pinsider.

Whoever bought it could talk to Atari_Daze about making a translite for it to put on a sheet of tempered glass. He did this for me and it turned out great!

#17317 2 years ago

Very nice Safe Cracker Up for sale. Cut myself short on funds so I need to resell this. Rebuilt all the drop target banks, so they all work like new.

Machine - For Sale
Safe Cracker Archived
Fully restored (full original status) - “Very nice safe cracker. Fully working 100%. Very Nice original cabinet with no fade. Color dmd. Has over 50 tokens . a full set plus the prototype token. Clean boards. Manual. Has ...”
2022-01-19
Burlington, WI
10,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 5 days
Viewed: 973 times

#17318 2 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “18 plays. Perfect condition. The cheapest this game comes is $9350 shipped. I'm selling this for $8250 which would be like selling the $2000 pre-order spot for $900....except yo...”
2022-01-20
Sioux Falls, SD
8,250 (OBO)
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 3170 times
Contributed to Pinside

#17319 2 years ago

anybody interested in selling an iron maiden pro or premium???

#17320 2 years ago

I have a few pins coming in over the next few weeks and it's taken me this long in the hobby to say that I'm basically out of room. First world problem I know, but have to figure out which of my pins need to go. Also looking into possibly doing some "buddy storage" with a friend that lives close by to temporarily expand my available space, so maybe i'll end up getting rid of none. In the meantime, I'm leaning towards getting my XMLE (Magneto) ready for sale and evaluating which others might need to go. Not a huge hurry, but if interested, let me know.

And I haven’t even gotten to an Ad level yet, but will gladly donate to Pinside (my favorite pinball site) if anyone buys from this post. Also likely to post in FB and Craigslist once I get pics and everything. If you know me, you know I’ll get right on that!! Ha.

#17321 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Also looking into possibly doing some "buddy storage" with a friend that lives close by to temporarily expand my available space, so maybe i'll end up getting rid of none. .

If you need to me hold on to anything, I got room at my place. Anything for you, buddy.

#17322 2 years ago

I've a Rush LE coming in soon. If anyone is looking for one and wants to trade a Maiden Premium/LE or an Elvira, hit me up.

Might be open to other trades as well.

#17323 2 years ago

Changed to straight local sale if anyone is interested? I'm around all weekend to assist with pickup.

#17324 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Changed to straight local sale if anyone is interested? I'm around all weekend to assist with pickup.

Machine - For Sale

For Sale: Guns N' Roses (LE)

Featured!

HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Listing my under 500 plays Guns N' Roses LE# 542, December 2020 build...one of the first builds. It's a beautiful game it just doesn't resonate with guests or me Mylar on shoo...”

13 days ago

Rockford, MN

9,700 (Firm)

Bmanpin

Nice game. I am arpund all weekend too.

#17325 2 years ago

Just listed a JP premium. Please reach out if you are interested in a sale or trade. Thank you.

#17326 2 years ago

Anyone local looking for a very nice and tuned up Zeppelin premium? Will be asking $7800. ~300 plays, couple small mods nothing big. Excellent condition.

#17327 2 years ago

Still have this AFMr (CE) with Eat at Eddy's / Color DMD upgrades -- lmk if you want to trade for it before I list it on the marketplace. Open to up/down trades; if you're interested send a PM my way.

#17328 2 years ago

With the current market, I'm not too disappointed to only have room for up to three games right now and two openings are spoken for already.

#17329 2 years ago

SOLD!
Other - For Sale
“Works great as I just used it 2 days ago. New battery and comes with charger. It does not look the best but gets the games up and down. Will take trades on pinball machines and ...”
2022-01-24
Mequon, WI
1,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 298 times

#17330 2 years ago

Yeah, I'm going to take some crap for this from my friends, but anyone looking to move a Stern Star Wars pro (original or comic)? Might consider a premium depending on price.

#17331 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah, I'm going to take some crap for this from my friends, but anyone looking to move a Stern Star Wars pro (original or comic)? Might consider a premium depending on price.

Eh, you're good. No criticism on anyone for what games they like. Just don't pay 10k for a pro

#17332 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Eh, you're good. No criticism on anyone for what games they like. Just don't pay 10k for a pro

It's more the fact that I just bought my third Spiderman and this would be my third SW, LOL!
Pinball is a disease.

#17333 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It's more the fact that I just bought my third Spiderman and this would be my third SW, LOL!
Pinball is a disease.

Just tells ya you're selling your games too soon! It's all good though. As long as it keeps things fresh for you.

#17334 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just tells ya you're selling your games too soon! It's all good though. As long as it keeps things fresh for you.

I am in the same boat. Sold my Star Wars comic pro about a year ago now I'm looking for a Premium or LE if anybody in the area wants to let one go. I have a hole to fill since I sold Guns N' Roses.

#17335 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Pinball is a disease.

and so is ADD?

#17336 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Pinball is a disease.

#17337 2 years ago

Anyone got a Godzilla Prem/LE available?

#17338 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone got a Godzilla Prem/LE available?

. I might be willing to trade my LE. What do you have? Shoot me a DM.

Bill

#17339 2 years ago

Looking for a Spider-Man vault edition if anyone has one.

#17341 2 years ago

Superior, WI @ average joes pub
Godzilla pro
Rush pro
Soon Munster pro

Woot woot!

#17342 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Superior, WI @ average joes pub
Godzilla pro
Rush pro
Soon Munster pro
Woot woot!

I posted it in your Duluth thread, but it bears repeating, take that scoop protector off RUSH if you haven't already.

#17343 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I posted it in your Duluth thread, but it bears repeating, take that scoop protector off RUSH if you haven't already.

F me. I was talking about that before I left. I should of remembered to check pinside. I’m home now but I’ll go remove tomorrow. Does it damage the pf? They didn’t clip it to hold itself down. And it’s thinner than a cliffy iirc

#17344 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

F me. I was talking about that before I left. I should of remembered to check pinside. I’m home now but I’ll go remove tomorrow. Does it damage the pf? They didn’t clip it to hold itself down. And it’s thinner than a cliffy iirc

It's just trash all around. Might as well be tin foil. It won't damage the playfield in a day, so no big deal there, just yank it ASAP to avoid a service call on it in a day or two.

#17345 2 years ago

How come your selling Chris? Bored with it or just don't play it enough? Or just time for a change??

#17346 2 years ago

Anyone got an AIQ premium/LE to sell or trade? I’d pay cash or trade a modded out TMNT premium or Wonka LE.

#17347 2 years ago

Anyone interested in an ultrasonic cleaner? It's a 9 liter, Kendal, model #HB-S-49DHT.

I bought a larger one and no longer need this one. It works great. The only issue is the display for the temp has gone bad so you have no idea what the temp is. It heats just fine. I would just hit the up arrow about 25 times and it's about 60C.

$50. Pick up only. Located in Farmington MN.

#17348 2 years ago

Still looking for a Star Wars pro or TWD premium.

#17349 2 years ago

Three new Godzilla code on the average joes game. Wow, nice upgrade

#17350 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Still looking for a Star Wars pro or TWD premium.

Me as well! Star Wars specifically, premium or LE, these were easy to find a year ago even. Now everything is challenging to get!

There are 20,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/347?hl=ruralcollector and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.