1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 415.
#17051 2 years ago

I will be in Appleton this weekend and a few more coming up, any recommendations for spots to hit for pinball and a few beers?

#17052 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I will be in Appleton this weekend and a few more coming up, any recommendations for spots to hit for pinball and a few beers?

You can do both at Player2 Barcade. I think they have 9-10 pins, including AIQ and Mando, beers on tap, and usually fun movies on the TVs when music isn’t deafening.

#17053 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I used to have a travel time. You can stop the clock too I think right? It’s like an EM safecracker.

You bet! Stop the clock and add time.

#17054 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Go up to District 82 for Friday and Saturday pinball. Player 2 in Green Bay and Titletown Taproom are good options too. If you want to drive about an hour west to Stevens Point, check out District 1 brewing.

#17055 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Player 2 on College Ave in Appleton is good too. I like Bazil’s Pub for good beer and pub food, plus there’s a couple machines in the basement at No Idea.

#17056 2 years ago

Anyone know of pinball on location in or close to Cold Spring,MN? Pinballmaps shows some in St. Cloud but I’d like to avoid the bigger city if possible.

#17057 2 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Anyone know of pinball on location in or close to Cold Spring,MN? Pinballmaps shows some in St. Cloud but I’d like to avoid the bigger city if possible.

St. Cloud is big? :-p

#17058 2 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Anyone know of pinball on location in or close to Cold Spring,MN?

I'm one hour and 15 minutes away from you. ssbilliards.com

LTG : )

#17059 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm one hour and 15 minutes away from you. ssbilliards.com

I recommend this. Worth the drive. The pinball discussions you have will be every bit as good as the pinball.

#17060 2 years ago

Just at ss a couple days ago. The history lloyd has in the industry is pretty amazing.

#17061 2 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Well, Midtown Bar is about as close to a small town feel as you’ll get in the megatroplis of St Cloud. LOL. Of course if you hit it at the wrong time, it might be busy and I think they have dancing late on Friday and/or Saturday night so definitely avoid those times as the DJ sets up near the pins.

Do you know when you’ll be in the area?

#17062 2 years ago

If anyone has a CFTBL they are looking to rehome or know of one that could be for sale let me know. Looking for a working, or at least a mostly working one.

#17063 2 years ago

Up for grabs or trade for stern LEs

#17064 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

If anyone is going to expo and wouldn't mind looking for an Elvira topper for me that would be awesome!!

I was there and didn't see any for sale. Stern is making another large run of them to cover existing orders plus the new model numbers that were just announced. No pricing information has been announced though, so I would prepare for an increase and to pay more for it.

#17065 2 years ago

Thanks for the update!! I was able to get in on the next run. No word on pricing yet though as you say.

#17066 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Well, Midtown Bar is about as close to a small town feel as you’ll get in the megatroplis of St Cloud. LOL. Of course if you hit it at the wrong time, it might be busy and I think they have dancing late on Friday and/or Saturday night so definitely avoid those times as the DJ sets up near the pins.
Do you know when you’ll be in the area?

Thanks! We go in and out of the area every so often visiting family. Lots of times it’s last minute and I was just curious of any places around there so I can keep occupied while out this way.

#17067 2 years ago
Quoted from bobwiley:

If anyone has a CFTBL they are looking to rehome or know of one that could be for sale let me know. Looking for a working, or at least a mostly working one.

Hi

I have a absolutely beautiful CFTBL, but it is definitely on the HIGH END side. It has NO playfield wear, new plastics, new window for the hologram area, new whirlpool bowl cover, teal pop bumpers and other items. The cabinet is very nice, with some minor fade.

Has the very SOUGHT after "Mike D" mod and the original "Jeff Thompson" lighted speaker panel mod. These were actually discontinued in (2014) I believe. BOTH of these, are in very HIGH DEMAND. It also comes with the "Swinks" lighted snack bar mod, with a Ice Blue LED, as well as the White LED (Version 2) and the "LCD Movie Poster" mod. These are BOTH not installed.

I would have to think very hard about selling this gem, but I have had some health issues and do need to pay off some medical bills. If YOU are interested at all or ANYONE else, PLEASE message me and I can send you detailed pictures and more information. If I do end up selling this, I will definitely contribute to Pinside. THANKS!

Dan

#17068 2 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Thanks! We go in and out of the area every so often visiting family. Lots of times it’s last minute and I was just curious of any places around there so I can keep occupied while out this way.

Thursday nights we have a pretty relaxed tournament if you're in the area... generally between 8-12 attendees... fun guaranteed!!

Or depending if I'm around, send me a PM and I'll let you know what I got going on and you can stop over and play a few games with me.

#17069 2 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Big Guns Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Big Guns pinball in good shape overall. Shopped out , new rubber, balls, less throughout. Number matching boards, good crisp displays. Was told this was routed lightly, then sat f...”
2021-10-31
Rockford, IL
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 881 times

#17070 2 years ago

Anybody in/near NE WI happen to have a Whitewater that they'd be interested in selling???

#17071 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Thursday nights we have a pretty relaxed tournament if you're in the area... generally between 8-12 attendees... fun guaranteed!!
Or depending if I'm around, send me a PM and I'll let you know what I got going on and you can stop over and play a few games with me.

Good to know, I'll ping ya if we are in the area!

#17072 2 years ago

Local Sandblasting Services?

Can anyone here refer me to a business in the Metro Area that can sandblast a set of powdercoated cabinet legs?

I'm trying to figure out if this is at all cost effective. I figure I will spend $70 for a new set of bare-steel legs from Pinball Life. Will I spend less or more than that to get this set I presently have blasted?

Thanks!

#17073 2 years ago

For all the east metro / western WI folks out there, Godzilla LE just landed at St. Paul Tap. If you haven't played it yet, the Pro is great, but the Premium / LE features are over the top.

#17074 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I figure I will spend $70 for a new set of bare-steel legs from Pinball Life. Will I spend less or more than that to get this set I presently have blasted?

Curious what your plans are ? bare-steel lugs will come rusted, powder coated legs sand blasted will rust quick.

When bare legs are plated or powder coated they are thoroughly cleaned first.

#17075 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Curious what your plans are ? bare-steel lugs will come rusted, powder coated legs sand blasted will rust quick.
When bare legs are plated or powder coated they are thoroughly cleaned first.

Hi. Plan is to blast the legs and powdercoat them locally. If the bare-steel legs arrive with surface rust from Pinball Life, that will slow me down a little bit as the powdercoater may not like that. He *may* soda blast them before coating - which would naturally add to his bill.

#17076 2 years ago

Hi. Plan is to blast the legs and powdercoat them locally. If the bare-steel legs arrive with surface rust from Pinball Life, that will slow me down a little bit as the powdercoater may not like that. He *may* soda blast them before coating - which would naturally add to his bill.

Your mileage may vary, but every powder coater I have worked with (3 so far) has always sandblasted items I brought to them first. When I asked one of them if I could prep the surface myself, they said they would not guarantee adhesion of their powder coating if they didn’t blast it themselves. Like I said, your mileage may vary, but I’d be sure to have this conversation with them if I were you. Edit: or perhaps you already have and that’s why you’re looking for a sandblaster.

#17077 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Your mileage may vary, but every powder coater I have worked with (3 so far) has always sandblasted items I brought to them first. When I asked one of them if I could prep the surface myself, they said they would not guarantee adhesion of their powder coating if they didn’t blast it themselves. Like I said, your mileage may vary, but I’d be sure to have this conversation with them if I were you. Edit: or perhaps you already have and that’s why you’re looking for a sandblaster.

Thanks for your advice. Can you recommend a powder coater here in the Metro who can also sandblast? I do know Doug Arntson in Corcoran and he is a good dude, but he may not be tooled up to blast powdercoat from steel.

#17078 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

For all the east metro / western WI folks out there, Godzilla LE just landed at St. Paul Tap. If you haven't played it yet, the Pro is great, but the Premium / LE features are over the top.

Do you know if the Stern Connected feature will be turned on for it?
I was there tonight and it wasn't on.
other than that, fantastic game.

#17079 2 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

Do you know if the Stern Connected feature will be turned on for it?
I was there tonight and it wasn't on.
other than that, fantastic game.

It will be turned on. Since it's the first game with that included, I bet they didn't think to set it up. I'll do that tomorrow if it hasn't already been done by then. Thanks for letting me know!

#17080 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It will be turned on. Since it's the first game with that included, I bet they didn't think to set it up. I'll do that tomorrow if it hasn't already been done by then. Thanks for letting me know!

Thanks John. Curious how the app/site will display stats played on multiple LEs in different locations.

#17081 2 years ago

I’ve got a brand new Aerosmith lower cabinet for sale. I realize that I will not be getting to the project that I had planned this cabinet for. No coin door. No side rails. Speaker, ball shooter, and generic wiring are in cabinet from when I got it. There are a couple screw ‘poke thru’ from inside screws. One is from tilt mech. Other is towards the back right. Can’t really see them but running fingers over cabinet you can feel them. I’ve got pics.
I’m in the southern burbs of Milwaukee.
Delivery to MGC is possible. Central WI is also possible.
Asking $500.

#17082 2 years ago

Wanted: Set of Stern Cabinet Legs, Black

Hoping to skip the powder coating project after all if I can just find a decent used set of Stern legs in black. Levelers, too, would be nice but are not essential.

It's the extra 2" over the B/W legs that are what I need.

Thanks.

#17083 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat: Can you recommend a powder coater here in the Metro who can also sandblast?

https://www.powdercoatingrims.org/

They've done a great job for me in the past on arcade game parts (admittedly been a couple years now since I last brought them work). One time when I stopped in, he had a whole pile of pinball legs that he had powdercoated in bright colors for somebody.

#17084 2 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's turned on in hudson, THey know how to do it.

#17085 2 years ago

Hoping to skip the powder coating project after all if I can just find a decent used set of Stern legs in black. Levelers, too, would be nice but are not essential.
Thanks.

new stern legs are cheap. Only $60 for a set of 4
https://www.pinballlife.com/sternsega-black-legs-set-of-4.html

#17086 2 years ago

Wanted: Williams Slugfest (1991 version) in the Twin Cities or W WI area. Prefer to have the card dispenser in the machine and cabinet in presentable condition for home use.

#17087 2 years ago

I have three games for sale and very close to MGC. Take all three and I will give you $1000 off.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Nip-It Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Works as should and is a clean game. Playfield has some wear and there are some scratches on the cabinet.”
2021-11-04
Mequon, WI
900 (OBO)
Archived after: 39 days
Viewed: 413 times
Contributed to Pinside

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Jungle Lord Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “New rubbers and LED lights. Playfield has wear. Backglass has flaking but still looks ok. plays great. Has remote battery holder. Has a cracked plastic up top.”
2021-11-03
Mequon, WI
1,750 (OBO)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 416 times
Contributed to Pinside

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Eight Ball Archived
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Has some wear on the playfield but not bad. One small scratch on the backglass otherwise no flacking. Plays as should. Displays are all good. Will take trades”
2021-11-03
Mequon, WI
1,350 (OBO)
Archived after: 8 days
Viewed: 338 times
Contributed to Pinside

#17088 2 years ago

Willing to do 6300 for an MGC deal

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “HUO Stern X-Men LE Magneto for sale. The game is in perfect condition. No blemishes anywhere. I am the 2nd owner. -ColorDMD -Comet LEDs all around -Titan silicone rings all...”
2021-10-27
Madison, WI
6,300 (OBO)
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 719 times
Contributed to Pinside

#17089 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

I’ve got a brand new Aerosmith lower cabinet for sale. I realize that I will not be getting to the project that I had planned this cabinet for. No coin door. No side rails. Speaker, ball shooter, and generic wiring are in cabinet from when I got it. There are a couple screw ‘poke thru’ from inside screws. One is from tilt mech. Other is towards the back right. Can’t really see them but running fingers over cabinet you can feel them. I’ve got pics.
I’m in the southern burbs of Milwaukee.
Delivery to MGC is possible. Central WI is also possible.
Asking $500.

Price drop to $350 for mgc delivery.

#17090 2 years ago

LesManley I live near Lowertown and saw some table updates at Ox Cart. What's the status over there? I wasn't even sure if they were still open. There's nothing else pinball wise in the area.

#17091 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Willing to do 6300 for an MGC deal

Machine - For Sale

X-Men LE Magneto HUO

HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “HUO Stern X-Men LE Magneto for sale. The game is in perfect condition. No blemishes anywhere. I am the 2nd owner.

-ColorDMD

-Comet LEDs all around

-Titan silicone rings all...”

9 days ago

Madison, WI

6,500 (Firm)

FatPanda

Son of a B. Who is going to MGC and wants to bring this back with them?

#17092 2 years ago

I have a friend looking for Stranger things premium if you are bringing one to MGC. might consider batman 66 as well. Find me at the show.

#17093 2 years ago

Thanks.

I have some gold ones that are brand new, never used. Pinball plating may have an exchange program, send the old and exchange for powder coated legs.

#17094 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Son of a B. Who is going to MGC and wants to bring this back with them?

brobra ??

NightTrain I could also potentially meet you a couple hours your way as well.

#17095 2 years ago

For Trade: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) Pro

I’ve got the itch to focus on my 2 channel audio system so I’m looking to trade my minty Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT) down + cash. I put together a list of some ideas, but might be open to other titles. I love drop targets, especially in-line drops...and have a soft spot for early solid state Bally.

Early SS Bally: Paragon, Centaur, Harlem Globetrotters, Skateball, Flash Gordon, Embryon

Might also be open to high-end 2 channel audio gear (speakers, turntable, integrated amp, etc.)

#17096 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

brobra ??
NightTrain I could also potentially meet you a couple hours your way as well.

NightTrain I’d take up FatPanda ’s offer to meet. My frequent road trips will be few and far between for a while. I’ll most likely be relegated to weekend warrior(

Classy offer, I might add…

#17097 2 years ago

I’m Looking to buy Deadpool or Iron Maiden LE. May consider premiums as well.

#17098 2 years ago

FatPanda and NightTrain I'm heading to Minneapolis on Friday if it helps. FatPanda I'll text at ya.

#17099 2 years ago

Sorry guys. Been busy and haven’t check this thread!

I appreciate the offers offers to make a deal happen. I think I’m going to have to hold off though. I’ve got three games incoming and after punching a calculator…well the math just doesn’t seem to want to work with me!

#17100 2 years ago

I just listed my HUO Monster Bash original for sale. If interested, let me know.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Up for sale is my HUO Monster Bash original by Williams. This game is in excellent condition and is the nicest game I have ever owned. If someone is looking for a high end origin...”
2022-04-17
Savage, MN
12,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 40 days
Viewed: 1027 times
Contributed to Pinside

There are 20,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/342?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.