1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,728 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 415.
#16901 2 years ago

Anyone here have the dimensions of a 1991 Bally(speakers on the upper part of the head) available to share with me? I'm looking to see if it'll fit in a Nissan Rogue or eq. Midsize SUV.

Specifically asking for measurements with legs off, head folded, laying flat on the bottom W X D X L.

#16902 2 years ago

Godzilla pinball sightings in the Twin Cities?

There seem to be several PRO's across WI already.

#16903 2 years ago

I'm looking to see if there's anyone near me (I'm a bit South of Eau Claire, WI) who would be able to touch up my Deadpool playfield. I recently bought this game, and I didn't know about the damage (neither did the seller, and he's been great about everything). I'd rather not do this myself, but if anyone has some experience with how to make this look good and not get worse, please shoot me a message. Thanks!

Here are some pictures of the damage: https://imgur.com/a/sr3bfyi

#16904 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

Looking for a Bally 6803 board. The one I have is pretty bad and I can’t find any new reproduction. Working would be great but non working is ok if it’s not too bad.

I may have one. DM me if you still need one, and I can double-check in the meantime. Cheers!

#16905 2 years ago

I have a friend looking for Stranger things premium. Let me know what you have.

#16906 2 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Anyone here have the dimensions of a 1991 Bally(speakers on the upper part of the head) available to share with me? I'm looking to see if it'll fit in a Nissan Rogue or eq. Midsize SUV.

Have you checked this page: https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines#Cabinet_Sizes

There is a section on the Rogue, but the picture they show with the game on it side doesn't match my definition of "fit"

#16907 2 years ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:

I'm looking to see if there's anyone near me (I'm a bit South of Eau Claire, WI) who would be able to touch up my Deadpool playfield. I recently bought this game, and I didn't know about the damage (neither did the seller, and he's been great about everything). I'd rather not do this myself, but if anyone has some experience with how to make this look good and not get worse, please shoot me a message. Thanks!

It looks like all your inserts are lifting. You could try to touch up and cover with mylar. But stern should not be letting this happen to begin with.

#16908 2 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

It looks like all your inserts are lifting. You could try to touch up and cover with mylar. But stern should not be letting this happen to begin with.

This machine was built in March 2021, too, and it has less than 900 plays on it. I'm pretty frustrated about it, but I'd rather find someone to help me repair it as much as possible than get a whole new playfield.

#16909 2 years ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:This machine was built in March 2021, too, and it has less than 900 plays on it. I'm pretty frustrated about it, but I'd rather find someone to help me repair it as much as possible than get a whole new playfield.

I'd be pushing for a populated replacement pf if that's the case. Even if you touch it up, it'll probably keep chipping.

#16910 2 years ago

Yeah if it is that new you should get a populated replacement for sure. That just shouldnt happen to those inserts.

#16911 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Yeah if it is that new you should get a populated replacement for sure. That just shouldnt happen to those inserts.

Considering that I'm the second owner, will Stern actually do anything for me if I contact them?

#16912 2 years ago

Man, that stinks! It stinks because this is the kind of defect that Stern now expects buyers to just "live with." If you contact them about it, I will wager they will simply suggest you get yourself a bottle of nail polish and apply a few strokes over the chips to stop them from growing, but there will be no offers to send you a replacement bare PF and certainly no offers to send you a populated one. Normal wear/tear, they will contend. I think this insert-rim chipping is very disconcerting as it could be a new site for frequent chipping on Stern PF's. Stern - like JJP - seems to be unable to get the PF art to adhere to the surface of the PF properly/consistently. The PF art that is screen printed is becoming more uncommon in favor of large inkjet printing. The PF makers contracted by Stern seem to think there is little difference, but clearly they are mistaken. All these GDZ buyers could be in for a shock!
Spooky and AP use Bader PF's. It would be hard to argue that Bader is not to be the standard for the industry right now. I recently looked Halloween over and that clearcoat was the most impressive I've ever seen. Stern doesn't use Mirco, but whomever they do use is barely any better. It would surprise me the Stern PF's aren't made in China. So much of Stern games - from parts to PF's - is now made in China.

#16913 2 years ago

You’d be surprised what Stern will do. Shoot me a PM on here and I’ll give you some options.

#16914 2 years ago

This machine was built in March 2021, too, and it has less than 900 plays on it. I'm pretty frustrated about it, but I'd rather find someone to help me repair it as much as possible than get a whole new playfield.

In your area. Captain Neo on this thread does playfield restores. From the looks of it, the Megladon insert raised at some point and the ball catches that area badly. The insert will need to be lowered, and paint matched touch ups done. Afterwards it gets trickier. The easy/ less elegant/ hack approach is to put a piece of Mylar over it.

#16915 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

In your area. Captain Neo on this thread does playfield restores. From the looks of it, the Megladon insert raised at some point and the ball catches that area badly. The insert will need to be lowered, and paint matched touch ups done. Afterwards it gets trickier. The easy/ less elegant/ hack approach is to put a piece of Mylar over it.

If you look close it's every insert in that pic.

#16916 2 years ago

yes, this is caused from insert shifting. This is not an easy touchup either, due to all the inserts in that area lifted. High art areas and the technique stern uses to print playfields. You can mylar patch to stop from getting worse. But overall, you will have to take the field out, strip it 100% and have it restored, if you cannot find a NOS to swap.

#16917 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Man, that stinks! It stinks because this is the kind of defect that Stern now expects buyers to just "live with." If you contact them about it, I will wager they will simply suggest you get yourself a bottle of nail polish and apply a few strokes over the chips to stop them from growing, but there will be no offers to send you a replacement bare PF and certainly no offers to send you a populated one. Normal wear/tear, they will contend. I think this insert-rim chipping is very disconcerting as it could be a new site for frequent chipping on Stern PF's. Stern - like JJP - seems to be unable to get the PF art to adhere to the surface of the PF properly/consistently. The PF art that is screen printed is becoming more uncommon in favor of large inkjet printing. The PF makers contracted by Stern seem to think there is little difference, but clearly they are mistaken. All these GDZ buyers could be in for a shock!
Spooky and AP use Bader PF's. It would be hard to argue that Bader is not to be the standard for the industry right now. I recently looked Halloween over and that clearcoat was the most impressive I've ever seen. Stern doesn't use Mirco, but whomever they do use is barely any better. It would surprise me the Stern PF's aren't made in China. So much of Stern games - from parts to PF's - is now made in China.

My mando guide rail scratched a tiny spot and their sending me a playfield. I would email support.

#16919 2 years ago

Thanks to Vitty and Stern, I am being a shipped a populated playfield. I am so happy right now. Thanks to everyone who weighed in on the situation!

#16920 2 years ago

Hooray, happy it worked out for you! I had a feeling it would

#16921 2 years ago

Thanks to Vitty and Stern, I am being a shipped a populated playfield. I am so happy right now. Thanks to everyone who weighed in on the situation!

So Stern isn’t the “big evil” after all… color me not surprised.

#16922 2 years ago

Auction Masters has the MOMA going. Ends Oct. 20.

https://www.auctionmasters.com/

LTG : )

#16923 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

So Stern isn’t the “big evil” after all… color me not surprised.

Just wait to see how long the PF takes to show up.
If it is fully populated, they ship a box, you ship your old one, and then they ship you a populated one back. Took mine well over 3 months.....

#16924 2 years ago

You can work with them where they will ship first. You ship yours back in the same box it came in.

#16925 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

You can work with them where they will ship first. You ship yours back in the same box it came in.

They must do that for people they like

On another note my neighbor had to buy a lot of cd jukeboxes for a part for his. And now has a bunch of extra stuff he doesn’t want/need. Lot of NSM wall hanging juke lboxes, anyone interested?
I can pm a pic

#16926 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:They must do that for people they like
On another note my neighbor had to buy a lot of cd jukeboxes for a part for his. And now has a bunch of extra stuff he doesn’t want/need. Lot of NSM wall hanging juke lboxes, anyone interested?
I can pm a pic

That's nice to know that Stern seems to be changing in areas of customer support. Will be ordering games again. So many good titles they make.

#16927 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

They must do that for people they like
I can pm a pic

Any fire country parts?

#16928 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Any fire country parts?

i sent you a pm with a pic. I'm not familiar with jukebox parts, so not sure.

#16929 2 years ago

since hunting season is approaching. Anyone interested in trading a pin for a vintage Beretta 12GA? Very minty with original paperwork.

#16930 2 years ago

Deadpool Pro listed, just not playing it much anymore.

Machine - For Sale
Deadpool (Pro) Archived
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “I bought new from Classic Game Rooms, October of 2020. I will add more pics and total plays when I get home. Guessing 1200 plays Mirror Blades Disco ball mod Stern shooter rod ...”
2021-10-14
Sullivan, WI
6,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 251 times

#16931 2 years ago

I've got a Godzilla LE incoming. I'm thinking about trading it for an Elvira House of Horrors.

If you're interested in that trade, hit me up.

#16932 2 years ago

Anyone local have an Iron Maiden Premium or LE available? I'm looking to buy.

#16933 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I've got a Godzilla LE incoming. I'm thinking about trading it for an Elvira House of Horrors.
If you're interested in that trade, hit me up.

Damn, why do we always have the same games incoming?

#16934 2 years ago

I’ve posted a Mando Pro for trade. Seeing if other things I’ve been interested in are out there.

Thanks

SOLD!
Machine - For Trade
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Mint condition HUO Stern Mandalorian Pro with quiet fan, Loganpinball metal wire forms (plastic ramps included), upgraded speakers, and left ramp Cliffys (ordered). Interested in ...”
2021-11-26
Sioux Falls, SD
Trade
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 869 times
Contributed to Pinside

#16935 2 years ago

I was thinking of downsizing my arcade collection if anybody needs some.

#16936 2 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Please elaborate...

#16937 2 years ago

Looking to trade my Demo man if anyone local has interest…

#16938 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Looking to trade my Demo man if anyone local has interest…

I know someone who would trade a Johnny Pneumonic for it.

#16939 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I know someone who would trade a Johnny Pneumonic for it.

Johnny is a good game. I’d like to play that one again

#16940 2 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Johnny is a good game. I’d like to play that one again

Want to own one?

#16941 2 years ago

Wanted in Minneapolis:

Pallet for shipping a pinball

If you can spare one, or if you can suggest a spot where cast-off pallets are available, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

#16942 2 years ago

Wanted in the Twin Cities:
If you can spare one, or you can suggest a spot where cast-off pallets are available, I would be grateful.
Thanks.

Try looking behind a Home Depot or Lowes for a pallet.

#16943 2 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

you have a spy hunter? i'd be interested I have a friend looking for a MAME that has arkanoid with spinner and pacman.

#16944 2 years ago

Wanted in Minneapolis:
If you can spare one, or you can suggest a spot where cast-off pallets are available, I would be grateful.
Thanks.

I have one. PM me and we can figure out a time for you to pick it up.

#16945 2 years ago

Wanted in Minneapolis:
Thanks.

just drive around industrial areas, you'll see some on the curb.

#16946 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

Damn, why do we always have the same games incoming?

Because we are both suckers that buy any new game coming out!

#16947 2 years ago

Anybody else on here play in the Super Series at District 82 this weekend?

Damn. You ‘sconsin folks know how to do it up right.

#16948 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Anybody else on here play in the Super Series at District 82 this weekend?
Damn. You ‘sconsin folks know how to do it up right.

Yup

#16949 2 years ago

So is this Russ? I believe we played together yesterday on IMDN/Memory Lane with Emanuela and Cassidy.

Ha. Cool.

#16950 2 years ago

Clean Dialed in if anyone is interested. Can help with delivery if needed.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Dialed In LE Archived
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Excellent condition Dailed In LE. ~1000 total plays. HOU 2nd owner Full cliffy protection Mezel Mods back glass lighting New titans rubbers all around New RAM button battery...”
2021-12-19
Wayzata, MN
Archived after: 35 days
Viewed: 1487 times
Contributed to Pinside

There are 20,728 posts in this topic. You are on page 339 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/339?hl=rockwell and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.