1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 415.
#16801 2 years ago

Looks like One Barrel reopened last week.

https://www.onebarrelbrewing.com/

#16802 2 years ago

Thanks guys, Madison is awesome!

Blue Moon is cool with one hell of a lineup. Had the whole upstairs to myself. Damn that bezcar is sweet.

Danes, wow, that's exactly what I was hoping to find.

Can't wait to finish work tomorrow, an old fashioned is calling my name and some Mexican food, later a slice of pizza

#16803 2 years ago

Karben4 and Rockhound are two breweries that I very much enjoyed last time I was in Madison. Alt brew offers some great gluten free beers and had a decent line up of pins as well. Last time I was there was pre pandemic so I don’t know if they still have the pins there or not ( but I assume they do).

#16804 2 years ago

Karben4 looks cool, I'll check it out. Unfortunately internet says Rockhound is permanently closed. I've been to Pooleys before, very cool place.

This town is awesome

#16805 2 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Karben4 looks cool, I'll check it out. Unfortunately internet says Rockhound is permanently closed. I've been to Pooleys before, very cool place.
This town is awesome

Darn! Yeah it’s been a while since I have been up there. That is unfortunate, Rockhound had some pretty good beers.

#16806 2 years ago

Glad you had a good time at the Moon!

As far as breweries go, make a point to go to Working Draft. They have the best liquid in town.

#16807 2 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Also looking for the best brew pubs, one with a uniqueness, not cookie cutter trendy places.
Best wing place
Best burger
Best pizza
Best lunch place would also be much appreciated

Best wing place
Chicken Licks in Sun Prairie - It's a dive bar, and probably a bit further than you might want to go, but the damned best wings in the area. Their original and dry rub....gotta have the blue cheese dressing, which they charge extra for. Cash Only

Best burger
Vintage Brew Pub for excellent beers and great burgers. 2 locations
The Weary Traveler is good too.

Best pizza
Thin crust - Buck's Pizza 2 locations
NY Style - Ian's Pizza 3 locations
Neapolitan - Novanta 1 location, I think
"Fancy" - Salvatore's Tomato Pies - 3 locations

Best lunch place would also be much appreciated
Lunch at any of these places is delish

If you want any Asian style food, check out Global Market on the east side. It's a mall style food court, but they have exclusively authentic Asian food. Best Korean BBQ is 5 Star Korean BBQ. Don't get any of the Chinese carry out places...they all kind of suck.

There are also some amazing Indian places as well. Swad comes to mind.

#16808 2 years ago

I hope you grabbed a burger when you were at Blue Moon. One of the best in town!

#16809 2 years ago

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Selling my HUO (2nd owner) Ghostbuster Pro - stock with no mods. Play count is incorrect due to a recent update to 1.17 but best educated guess its under 400. Its in like-new con...”
2021-09-23
Eau Claire, WI
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 357 times

#16811 2 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Very rare inder Metal Man. 100% working and playing. Correct LED gis. New rubber. Mint playfield. Nice cabinet. Solid boards. Crisp perfect displays. Nice backglass. Needs a ste...”
2021-09-22
Burlington, WI
4,400 (OBO)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 1828 times
For sale. fully working 100%. Super rare game. Will trade for a Cosmic Gunfight or Playmatic nautilus.

#16812 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I hope you grabbed a burger when you were at Blue Moon. One of the best in town!

I did, it was excellent.

Some brewpubs just make shit beer, most people don't know any better and think it's good. Most make good beer and then there are a very few that make outstanding beer. Karben4 is one of those few. Excellent quality beer, even bought a growler.

Quoted from Zambonilli:

Graze if you want to drop some cash. The old fashion if you want an Old fashion and cheese curds (get the tiger sauce).

I didn't exactly understand your text, so I went to Graze and ordered an old fashioned and cheese curds. They were both very good. I asked for tiger sauce and the bartender said they didn't have that. I showed her your post and she figured it out. I didn't know about the old fashioned. So I went there, that place is cool as hell. Ordered an old fashioned and cheese curds with tiger sauce and didn't even have to finish talking, she already knew what I wanted. Graze was good, but damn the old fashioned is where it's at!

As far as everyone's other suggestions, I have them written down and will go next time. Every suggestion so far has been spot on.

Thank you all!!!

#16813 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

There comes a time in every high end collectors life when they start selling pins to fund collectors cars.

I sold 4 of my 16 to fund a new 500+hp motor for my 70 Mustang. LOL

#16814 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Can you share a photo?

That's right I have a 70 Mustang and a Mustang Pro. LOL

#16815 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Gah… I miss that dude.

bought my first game from him about 8 years ago.

#16816 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

bought my first game from him about 8 years ago.

Ditto.

#16817 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

That's right I have a 70 Mustang and a Mustang Pro. LOL

Not a car guy, but I enjoy living vicariously through others and seeing the DeLorean. No disrespect, I have no love (or hate) for the Mustang.

#16818 2 years ago

Good to see you around again MustangPaul

#16819 2 years ago

Anyone else going to be picking up a Halloween from the TC area?

#16820 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Good to see you around again MustangPaul

Oh I'm still here but not as much, my Leg Lights and Mustang are keeping me real busy. You should come over and check out the car sometime and play my new slot car layout.

#16821 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh I'm still here but not as much, my Leg Lights and Mustang are keeping me real busy. You should come over and check out the car sometime and play my new slot car layout.

Pics of the slot car set up ? That would be fun to see.

#16822 2 years ago

Soon I'll be driving to IL near St. Louis, going all the way through Iowa. Is there anything we should hit up for fun on the way there/back? Twin Galaxies doesn't seem to be worth visiting.

#16823 2 years ago

CP Pinball, on the IL side of STL, is very much worth a visit, but they may only be open on Saturdays.
https://cppinball.com/

#16824 2 years ago

Well posted my NF up for trade, anyone looking to do a NF plus cash trade? Lol

#16825 2 years ago

I have a friend looking for a dedicated arkanoid arcade. LMK.

#16826 2 years ago
Quoted from Grangeomatic:

CP Pinball, on the IL side of STL, is very much worth a visit, but they may only be open on Saturdays.
https://cppinball.com/

Yes, open to the public on Saturdays only. Very close to it is the Pump House Bar and Grill in Wood River, they have a pretty good selection of pinballs, maybe 16-20 games (owner is a pinsider The_Pump_House ). Also have the St. Louis Escape just south of downtown with a pin room, and the City Museum has an EM collection (https://www.citymuseum.org/). There are some other places in an around St. Louis as well, these are the ones I am familiar with.

#16827 2 years ago

I have also been to the Silver Ballroom. They had about 20-25 machines, cheap PBR tall boys and a good punk rock jukebox.

#16828 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I have a friend looking for a dedicated arkanoid arcade. LMK.

Always thought that was a kit game.

#16829 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

I agree. Would love to see the set-up!

#16830 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

And you would be right

#16831 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

That is correct. They are best in a Pacman/Ms Pac cabinet.

#16832 2 years ago

so it was a kit only? :/ no wonder you don't see many around.

#16833 2 years ago

Interesting forum! It seems to cover many topics. My profile location may (or may not) say Gulf Breeze Florida but we live in Elk Mound Wisconsin. Every time I change it, the thing reverts back, maybe because that address was verified by pinside years ago and our current one isn’t? Doesn’t matter.
Anyway, this seems to be the place where I should ask the tough questions, connect with those regular pinball posters on Craigslist and read or share our miscellaneous ramblings.

Does anyone know who bough the Kings of Steel last week and the South Park yesterday? Whoever you are, you move fast! Granted, both are meh games according to popular opinion, but I like them!
South Park was only up for a few hours, but Brobra had his Black Knight on Craigslist for almost a month… the world is messed up!

Here’s the tough one. I am looking for a Black Rose, any condition. (Why do I like the less popular games?) if anyone can find one for a decent price it would be much appreciated.

Lastly, just a rambling. I have recently gotten back into owning pinball machines after a four year absence. We sold off when my stepmom died so we could do a one truck move back to Wisconsin to take care of my father. After he passed in 2020, pinball and old British cars came back into my life and helped keep me going. There’s nothing like a government enforced lockdown and a funeral to make you happy to be alive.
I’m still practicing my Minnesota sarcasm, I may have grown up in St. Paul but I’m a bit rusty. All those years of learning southern hospitality and courtesy are the exact opposite of Minnesota nice.

I’ll finish with one of my grandma’s jokes, a huge purple fan:
I saw a kid throwing a football at a brick wall the other day, it kept bouncing off and he would run over 20 feet leap on it and curl into a ball. Then he’d get up, then throw it and do the same thing over and over again. I found out later that he was the new Vikings Quarterback!

#16834 2 years ago
Quoted from thetylander:

Interesting forum! It seems to cover many topics. My profile location may (or may not) say Gulf Breeze Florida but we live in Elk Mound Wisconsin. Every time I change it, the thing reverts back, maybe because that address was verified by pinside years ago and our current one isn’t? Doesn’t matter.
Anyway, this seems to be the place where I should ask the tough questions, connect with those regular pinball posters on Craigslist and read or share our miscellaneous ramblings.
Does anyone know who bough the Kings of Steel last week and the South Park yesterday? Whoever you are, you move fast! Granted, both are meh games according to popular opinion, but I like them!
South Park was only up for a few hours, but Brobra had his Black Knight on Craigslist for almost a month… the world is messed up!
Here’s the tough one. I am looking for a Black Rose, any condition. (Why do I like the less popular games?) if anyone can find one for a decent price it would be much appreciated.
Lastly, just a rambling. I have recently gotten back into owning pinball machines after a four year absence. We sold off when my stepmom died so we could do a one truck move back to Wisconsin to take care of my father. After he passed in 2020, pinball and old British cars came back into my life and helped keep me going. There’s nothing like a government enforced lockdown and a funeral to make you happy to be alive.
I’m still practicing my Minnesota sarcasm, I may have grown up in St. Paul but I’m a bit rusty. All those years of learning southern hospitality and courtesy are the exact opposite of Minnesota nice.
I saw a kid throwing a football at a brick wall the other day, it kept bouncing off and he would run over 20 feet leap on it and curl into a ball. Then he’d get up, then throw it and do the same thing over and over again. I found out later that he was the new Vikings Quarterback!

Welcome back

#16835 2 years ago
Quoted from thetylander:

A chexx hockey went with the south park yesterday and the guy who bought it paid way more for both.

#16836 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

so it was a kit only? :/ no wonder you don't see many around.

I had like 6 of those on location in early to mid nineties. You could buy them from ops for maybe 200 dollars. They would pay for themselves in a month. They did well in laundromats and pizza places. Great game.

#16837 2 years ago
Quoted from thetylander:

It's all about price.

#16838 2 years ago

https://www.facebook.com/events/282044357078381/permalink/282044367078380/

District 1 Brewery in Stevens Point will be hosting our last tournament til mid November. Come down and enjoy a drink and play some pinball

#16840 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how many districts are we going to have? 9?

Lol. We didn’t name the brewery, we just supply the games

#16841 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

https://www.facebook.com/events/282044357078381/permalink/282044367078380/
District 1 Brewery in Stevens Point will be hosting our last tournament til mid November. Come down and enjoy a drink and play some pinball

For those of us not on Facebook, what is the date and time of the tournament?

#16842 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

You can click the link and see it. No need to sign in.

Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM CDT

LTG : )

#16843 2 years ago

Gonna sell/trade my GB prem for a MBr. Looking for a MBr LE in case anyone is looking to move one or knows of one.

#16844 2 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Call it 6 ish. Like pretty much every event, we try to start on time but it never happens

#16845 2 years ago

Looking to move a couple machines. Will make a package deal or trade together for Led Zeppelin premium plus cash.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “For sale, beautiful 2nd owner HUO Wolverine. Looks and plays great. One tiny scratch on left side rail powdercoat as shown in pics. No other known flaws or issues. Shows 1200 p...”
2021-10-01
Plymouth, WI
6,200 (OBO)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 543 times

Machine - For Sale
DE Jurassic Park Archived
Partially restored (almost original) - “Good looking and playing DE JP for sale. Not collectors quality, but not a beater either. Been in my collection for almost 10 years and multiple trips to MGC with very few issues...”
2021-10-01
Plymouth, WI
3,800 (OBO)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 320 times

Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Very cool old machine where you roll the balls (larger than pinballs) across the glass, they fall onto the playfield, and bounce into saucers to make poker hands which light on the...”
2021-10-01
Plymouth, WI
1,000 (OBO)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 973 times

#16846 2 years ago

Anyone local have an alpha numeric or lesser DMD to trade for an Earthshaker? Decent playfield, new ramps and plastics, rough cabinet.

#16847 2 years ago

Jurassic park data east for $3,800 holy shit!

#16848 2 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Jurassic park data east for $3,800 holy shit!

Yeah I know...too cheap apparently!

All sold, thanks!

#16849 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Here are a couple shot, 4ft x 18ft, to scale it's equal to 3 miles, if you don't follow the car and it falls off it's hard to find. It's foldable and up against the wall it's only 8 inches thick. Wish I could post pictures.

#16850 2 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Here are a couple shot, 4ft x 18ft, to scale it's equal to 3 miles, if you don't follow the car and it falls off it's hard to find. It's foldable and up against the wall it's only 8 inches thick. Wish I could post pictures.

What scale cars are you running?

There are 20,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 337 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/337?hl=brewninja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.