1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 415.
#16701 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Cheap playfield for sale:

Parts - For Sale

JJP Pirates of the Carribean (CE) Kruzman Cleared Playfield

Featured!

New “I've had a new Pirates CE playfield with Ron for a bit now and have since gotten rid of my game. It is now up for grabs at least until I get my asking price or perhaps find anothe...”

2 days ago

Minnetrista, MN

Vitty

I might just buy it for wall art!

#16702 2 years ago

Sale pending. I’m jealous of the game this beauty is going into! Ron Kruzman does some amazing work.

#16703 2 years ago

Woah, wish I had tried a bit harder to get a JJP CE playfield when I had the chance. I do have a LE pf, but it won't fetch $4500

#16704 2 years ago

Does anyone around here besides me work on project games? I.E. a roached out bally playboy popped up and its not a machine I want to keep.

I feel like a lot of the MN community is newer sterns and passing those around.

#16705 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I have a delivery in green bay and sturgeon bay today. I would be coming back through Appleton probably around 130pm or so.
I can stop in and check it out. Call or text me
608-393-2299

Dang missed ya - I will be in touch.

#16706 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Would be faster to drop a link to Dropbox or something to let some of us take a look. Pretty sure you can get a quote from someone here on letterhead for the insurance

Tallon - That's exactly what I need. I will get some pics in a OneDrive folder and "be in touch" with the thread soon. Thanks everyone!

#16707 2 years ago

Halloween is out at I/O Bar in Madison, if you want to check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/305887159905574/permalink/1316593895501557/

#16708 2 years ago

Ughh now i need to goto
Madison this weekend.

#16709 2 years ago

Anybody need a game hauled from Rochester Mn area to Kansas City or surrounding area?
or visa versa

Added over 3 years ago:

Offer expired. Trip already made.

#16710 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

Does anyone around here besides me work on project games? I.E. a roached out bally playboy popped up and its not a machine I want to keep.

Maybe the overly vocal community appears as you describe - but I know a few in my area of the state who actually enjoy taking on projects (including myself).

The problem usually is, any decent priced project that appears gets scooped up and relisted by a flipper for a profit the same day, taking the 'decent' part of the equation and replacing it with 'over-priced'.

#16711 2 years ago

Shot in the dark here, but anybody got an electrohome g05 monitor for sale?

#16712 2 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Perhaps check with Paradise Arcade in Minneapolis.

#16713 2 years ago

Weather alert. If you are heading out to the state fair or anywhere. A big chunk of Minnesota is under a tornado watch until 4pm and expect heavy rain after that.

It is supposed to be severe so keep an eye on the weather today.

LTG : )

#16714 2 years ago

Some good games on free play at 2D Con Hyatt MPLS through Sunday.

#16715 2 years ago

Really wanted to go to 2D Con but my kids are too young to be vaccinated and I'm not risking it. Hope it's still around next year.

#16716 2 years ago

Not sure if it’s been posted or not yet, but both AIQ and Mando are in Player 2 Arcade in downtown Appleton.

Enjoyed them both as it was the first time I’ve had a chance to see them on location.

#16717 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Would be faster to drop a link to Dropbox or something to let some of us take a look. Pretty sure you can get a quote from someone here on letterhead for the insurance

Tallon KingPinGames or anyone else who can help: Link below to OneDrive folder of photos showing my machine as it was delivered:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhAUyuGTzHRpmiIOzyLNpL6DoShe?e=Bvt3ah

For context: most of the cabinet panels were detached from each other, the left side was bent inward near the backbox hinge, and the front right corner was completely trashed. I don’t know exactly what happened en route but the carrier accepted responsibility.

The playfield was wedged into the bottom of the cabinet, free of its mounts. The front right corner of the playfield was partially supporting the machine weight, via glass and flipper buttons. The back of the playfield was laying on under-side components. I needed help from a 2nd person to free everything.

The cabinet and backbox have been repaired - now dealing with playfield options. The machine plays, but it’s impossible to level / pitch the surface evenly. Pronounced bend and cracking in the front right corner, and bend along left side, make me worry it will get worse over time.

So - what is cost to repair VS replace and which would you recommend? I know labor is most of the cost and replacement will take much more time. But practically-speaking, can the playfield be flattened and repaired to stay that way? Or is a new playfield my only option?

Thanks for any help!

#16718 2 years ago

Yeah that game has suffered some pretty severe damage. A new cabinet and playfield is the way I would go about fixing it.

#16719 2 years ago
Quoted from cvoissem:

Tallon KingPinGames or anyone else who can help: Link below to OneDrive folder of photos showing my machine as it was delivered:
For context: most of the cabinet panels were detached from each other, the left side was bent inward near the backbox hinge, and the front right corner was completely trashed. I don’t know exactly what happened en route but the carrier accepted responsibility.
The playfield was wedged into the bottom of the cabinet, free of its mounts. The front right corner of the playfield was partially supporting the machine weight, via glass and flipper buttons. The back of the playfield was laying on under-side components. I needed help from a 2nd person to free everything.
The cabinet and backbox have been repaired - now dealing with playfield options. The machine plays, but it’s impossible to level / pitch the surface evenly. Pronounced bend and cracking in the front right corner, and bend along left side, make me worry it will get worse over time.
So - what is cost to repair VS replace and which would you recommend? I know labor is most of the cost and replacement will take much more time. But practically-speaking, can the playfield be flattened and repaired to stay that way? Or is a new playfield my only option?
Thanks for any help!

Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yeah that game has suffered some pretty severe damage. A new cabinet and playfield is the way I would go about fixing it.

I have to agree with Doug, a new cabinet and playfield are in order. You stated that the cabinet had been fixed, but did that account for the hardware too?

as for the "bend" in the playfield, i am not a wood guy so i don't know if that could be repaired. even if it could, you would most likely have to remove all the hardware to accomplish this, and at that point you might as well replace the playfield.

was this purchased as a project machine? if not, it is now. there is a TON of work to be done to just make this playable again. I dare say you can probably find a working game for less than it will cost to repair this one.

Good luck

#16720 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

I'd like to get into repairing older games, but I feel like I'm not skilled enough yet to give it a try. If you need an extra pair of hands some day, I wouldn't mind helping out on a project.

#16721 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Some good games on free play at 2D Con Hyatt MPLS through Sunday.

I should have asked here who was all going. I loved their selection this year, probably double what was around last time.

I should have taken better pictures to remember what was all there, but notable machines for me were a few EMs I hadn't seen before and a P3 (and a Sorcerer's Apprentice module). They must have had at least 25 machines. The tournament got 14 people?

#16722 2 years ago
Quoted from cvoissem:

Thanks for any help!

An Addams Family would be more in the Brian Kelly quote realm. If you cant get one of the restorers to help, PM me

#16723 2 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Still looking? I have a g07 tube with pacman burn...not terrible. And a rebuilt chassis. I'd have to slap em together and re-test tomorrow, but I'd probably be willing to let it go.

-Mike

Dammit...nevermind, just realized youre looking for a go5! My bad

#16724 2 years ago

Fastenal shippers, I know MN/WI is in the eastern zone, but have any of you shipped Fastenal to Fastenal from our area to California?

#16725 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Fastenal shippers, I know MN/WI is in the eastern zone, but have any of you shipped Fastenal to Fastenal from our area to California?

Last I heard they weren't crossing that far west. May want to call them directly.

#16726 2 years ago

Anyone local have a Stern Jurassic Park Premium or LE for sale?

#16727 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone local have a Stern Jurassic Park Premium or LE?

Assuming you are asking if someone has one for sale? Or were you looking for someone to check something on theirs for comparison?

#16729 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

So was

For sale
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"f92074c726b7d7ca1e1f6d63cc468c8c22ad7d11-1630445837-1800"};
//]]>

Pfft, like you would buy a lowly premium!

#16730 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

I think they only ship ‘in region’ no crossing of the boundaries.

#16731 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Last I heard they weren't crossing that far west. May want to call them directly.

I confirmed that three weeks ago that they still are not crossing over into the west region.

#16732 2 years ago

Anyone have a nice Aerosmith pro for sale?

#16733 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

An Addams Family would be more in the Brian Kelly quote realm. If you cant get one of the restorers to help, PM me

Talked to Charlie yesterday and sent him what he needed today.

#16734 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:Talked to Charlie yesterday and sent him what he needed today.

Tallon yep - Bryan_Kelly lent his wisdom and assistance and I think I'm all set. Thanks for your referral. I have lots to learn but feel like I'm in good hands with this group.

#16735 2 years ago

I listed my NBA Fastbreak.

Machine - For Sale
NBA Fastbreak Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “NBA fast break pinball game in amazing condition. This game looks like it almost came out of a box. A minor scratch on the right side of the head as shown in the pics. Rest of the ...”
2021-09-04
Stillwater, MN
4,000 (Firm)
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 298 times

#16736 2 years ago

Happy Labor Day! Listing my ST Pro to surprise my wife with some new eyeballs (LASIK) !

Machine - For Sale
Star Trek (Pro) Archived
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Selling my HUO Star Trek Pro. I've owned this machine three times and didn't expect to sell it but I want to surprise my wife with LASIK eye surgery for her birthday...so I need so...”
2021-09-06
Eau Claire, WI
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 302 times

#16737 2 years ago

Hitting Milwaukee, northern IL, and possibly Des Moines Saturday 9/11 and Sunday 9/12. If there are hauling up and/or down.
PM for more info….

Considering trades on Star Trek le, blinged brass mint IJ, nice virtual pin, T2, Demo Man, surfer, possibly mint Dark Knight…

#16738 2 years ago

Shot in the dark, but might as well try. Need a couple coil stops for my IMDN. PBL has them, but I need nothing else and prefer to not order just these 2 little parts, but I will if I have to. Anyone in the Twin Cities have a couple they'd sell?

#16739 2 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Shot in the dark, but might as well try. Need a couple coil stops for my IMDN. PBL has them, but I need nothing else and prefer to not order just these 2 little parts, but I will if I have to. Anyone in the Twin Cities have a couple they'd sell?

Hello, I should have 2 . I can confirm when back in the studio.

#16740 2 years ago

Have a couple if u still need

#16741 2 years ago

I’ve got a couple as well

#16742 2 years ago

I have some too. I work at the MB dealer in Tonka. Can bring them to work tomorrow if you want to swing by. Shoot me a PM if you’d like.

#16743 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I have some too. I work at the MB dealer in Tonka. Can bring them to work tomorrow if you want to swing by. Shoot me a PM if you’d like.

Quoted from Vitty:

I’ve got a couple as well

Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Have a couple if u still need

Got a couple coming from @Isjack. Thanks all for offering a couple up.

#16744 2 years ago

I recently moved to Stillwater and found Hudson Tap. I filled out the form for their pinball league a few weeks ago and haven't heard back. Anyone know if it's still happening?

#16745 2 years ago

It was a good weekend in Fargo.....TBL now at Drekker Brewing....really ties the room together

#16746 2 years ago
Quoted from look_busy:

I recently moved to Stillwater and found Hudson Tap. I filled out the form for their pinball league a few weeks ago and haven't heard back. Anyone know if it's still happening?

foxtj24 runs the league there.

#16747 2 years ago
Quoted from look_busy:

it started up last Tuesday and will continue every Tuesday at 8:30 p.m. for the next 9 weeks. I'm not playing this season but they are still running it ask for a guy named Wesley.

#16748 2 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

it started up last Tuesday and will continue every Tuesday at 8:30 p.m. for the next 9 weeks. I'm not playing this season but they are still running it ask for a guy named Wesley.

Thank you! I'll get in touch with them.

#16749 2 years ago

District 1 Brewery is hosting the coin drop tournament tomorrow. Come join us for casual tournament play.

https://fb.me/e/ECay4s6w

#16750 2 years ago

Just setup Ultraman out at the Blue Moon Bar in Madison Yesterday. It survived our Craft Beer Pinball League night with only one broken rubber! I need more coffee.

There are 20,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/335?hl=pinball_basement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.