1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 20,671 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 414.
#16251 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I passed on a bad deal to me. Biggest problem was logistics. Getting everything back was a 13+ hour drive one way. Everything needed a lot of work. Lot's of pinballs I wanted to bring back with me but when it was all said and done it was more cost effective to just say "thank you for your time". Plus I'd have to rent space to store everything. I have over an hour video documenting everything that was for sale. I'll have to upload it sometime.

Umm maybe you wouldn't have to rent space

#16252 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Umm maybe you wouldn't have to rent space

It would have filled your outbuilding up 4x over. (Plus this was several years ago)

#16253 2 years ago

Reminder...headed from mpls to Milwaukee and Chicago tomorrow. Pm with hauling needs. Games going to down can be picked up today or tonight.
Sat
Msp to Milwaukee 6a-noon
Milwaukee to Chicago 1230- 2pm
4pm headed back up.
Currently 3 games going down, and 1 game up, plus whatever else I find.

#16254 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Reminder...headed from mpls to Milwaukee and Chicago tomorrow. Pm with hauling needs. Games going to down can be picked up today or tonight.
Sat
Msp to Milwaukee 6a-noon
Milwaukee to Chicago 1230- 2pm
4pm headed back up.
Currently 3 games going down, and 1 game up, plus whatever else I find.

If anyone wants to sell a stranger things premium/LE or a Star Wars premium/LE along that route, hit me up. I’ll have Chad haul it back. I can just wire or PayPal you the money.

#16255 2 years ago

likewise, if anyone has an MMR (or maybe original MM) along that route I'm a motivated buyer and
have funds set aside for purchase of one.

#16257 2 years ago

Ooof, sorry to hear about your foot! Pinball‐moving injury?

#16258 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Ooof, sorry to hear about your foot! Pinball‐moving injury?

Technically moving a rush 2049 driving game. Moving down a flight of stairs, I was on the bottom. Game let loose and it was either get run down or jump off the stairs. Was up about 6 feet when I jumped. Hit the concrete floor, shattered the heel itself. That was valentine's weekend. Surgery was march 8th. Physical therapy started yesterday. Probably 6-8 weeks and I should be good to go.

#16259 2 years ago

Wanted:

* Widebody playfield glass, scratch-free
* Williams lockbar receiver assembly (need not be widebody specific; same part for either)
* Set of four chrome/ribbed legs, with levelers, for Williams cabinet

Hoping to find these in good used condition in the Twin Cities Metro.

Please PM if you have any of the above or know of any for sale. I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

#16260 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

<snip>Hit the concrete floor, shattered the heel itself. That was valentine's weekend. Surgery was march 8th. Physical therapy started yesterday. Probably 6-8 weeks and I should be good to go.

Holy smokes! I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you a solid/speedy recovery.

#16261 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Holy smokes! I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you a solid/speedy recovery.

speedy is realive. it's been a little over 15 weeks already and I have about 8-10 weeks of therapy ahead of me. thankfully I can do a lot of my work from the keyboard and the local pinball community has really stepped up if I needed a game delivered and set up to a new customer.

one of the more painful things for me is not being able to be a firefighter right now. in 2020 I was the Top Responder making 220 of the 315 calls. this year I have made 17 calls so far. still hoping to hit 100 between the time I get off of medical leave and the end of the year!

#16262 2 years ago

in 2020 I was the Top Responder making 220 of the 315 calls. this year I have made 17 calls so far. still hoping to hit 100 between the time I get off of medical leave and the end of the year!

Thanks for volunteering your time on this. Finding people who actually contribute to their community is a rare thing these days. Your community is lucky to have you.

#16263 2 years ago

Wanted:
* Widebody playfield glass, scratch-free
* Williams lockbar receiver assembly
* Set of four chrome/ribbed legs, with levelers, for Williams cabinet
Hoping to find these in good used condition in the Twin Cities Metro.
Please PM if you have any of the above or know of any for sale. I would appreciate it.
Thanks!

Are you talking WPC stuff? What game?

#16264 2 years ago

Anyone looking for a truck? I am thinking about selling my 2018 F150 XLT Sport four door (red/black variety). I'm the only owner, and work from home so it only has 17,500 miles. KBB has it's value from $43 - $47k.

Would also consider cash + pinball or UTV/side by side trades

#16265 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Are you talking WPC stuff? What game?

Yes. WPC. TZ.

Thanks for noticing my post.

#16266 2 years ago

speedy is realive. it's been a little over 15 weeks already and I have about 8-10 weeks of therapy ahead of me. thankfully I can do a lot of my work from the keyboard and the local pinball community has really stepped up if I needed a game delivered and set up to a new customer.
one of the more painful things for me is not being able to be a firefighter right now. in 2020 I was the Top Responder making 220 of the 315 calls. this year I have made 17 calls so far. still hoping to hit 100 between the time I get off of medical leave and the end of the year!

Oh wow, I had no idea you were a firefighter too! That's awesome, hopefully you'll be back on your feet (literally) very soon and able to resume everything as normal!

#16267 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Oh wow, I had no idea you were a firefighter too! That's awesome, hopefully you'll be back on your feet (literally) very soon and able to resume everything as normal!

yeah, found that it brings us closer to the community that our kids will be a part of, and it's nice to be able to give back sometimes.

#16268 2 years ago

Planning a trip to Oh/penn border this up week/weekend. Most likely leaving Friday.
Returning Sat/Sun.
Minneapolis
Milwaukee
Chicago
Cleveland
And back.

Pm with hauling needs up/down

#16269 2 years ago

still looking for a big lebowski. I have some in the works, but I do not want to ship this. Want to be able to pick it up in person.

#16270 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Planning a trip to Oh/penn border this up week/weekend. Most likely leaving Friday.
Returning Sat/Sun.
Minneapolis
Milwaukee
Chicago
Cleveland
And back.

Pm with hauling needs up/down

A customer has a Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash here for sale. Nice shape. PM me for contact info.

LTG : )

#16271 2 years ago

Wanted:
Tired, near-trash, forgettable playfield for short money.
Must have mostly intact clearcoat as I want it to experiment with cleaning/polishing/finishing/etc. Should have grabbed something when Al closed last year, but I missed out.

#16272 2 years ago

I have a POS flash playfield you can have if you want.

#16273 2 years ago

Wanted:
Tired, near-trash, forgettable playfield for short money.
Must have mostly intact clearcoat as I want it to experiment with cleaning/polishing/finishing/etc. Should have grabbed something when Al closed last year, but I missed out.

I’d like to keep my captain Fantastic for wall art eventually but if you want to borrow it to experiment on for a bit you are welcome to try it out. If a few “oopses” happen here or there I’m cool with that.

#16274 2 years ago

Must have mostly intact clearcoat as I want it to experiment with cleaning/polishing/finishing/etc.

Please post results/findings here when you are done.

I did a lot of work on my KISS pro which has a LOT of plays. I looked through quite a few threads on this site on playfield cleaning/polishing/restoration and the bottom line was there was a lot of bullshit out there.

You learn a lot by contacting the manufacturer of the cleaning and polishing products. Who knew?!

#16275 2 years ago

Wanted in the Twin Cities Metro:
Good/used ribbed/chrome leg set for Bally Super-Pin.
Just the standard 28.5" legs with levelers and minimal/no rust would be great.
Thanks.

#16276 2 years ago

Thanks.

Now those I have. Actually in pretty good shape. A soft wire brush will have you sparkling in no time. Got the levelers too. If you want new ones I’ll sell them for whatever Pinballlife has them listed at otherwise the used legs with levelers are yours.

#16277 2 years ago

Thanks.

I have new legs but no one is going that way for 10 days.

#16278 2 years ago

Hitting Chicago/Milwaukee tomorrow.
Can haul a few down and up. Run down morning run up evening.

#16279 2 years ago

Looking for a Galaga PCB or two, doesn't have to work. Also might be able to steal a chip from a junk Pole Position PCB if anyone has one.

#16280 2 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Thanks for volunteering your time on this. Finding people who actually contribute to their community is a rare thing these days. Your community is lucky to have you.

Yep, big props on this, Chris. I tried on my brother's gear at his station and needed a cold bath and a nap after just standing in it for 5 minutes.

Speaking of, I'm trying to help him find a Fire! if anyone has any leads.

#16281 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Yep, big props on this, Chris. I tried on my brother's gear at his station and needed a cold bath and a nap after just standing in it for 5 minutes.
Speaking of, I'm trying to help him find a Fire! if anyone has any leads.

yeah, the gear is warm for sure.

i am working on a Fire! for my own department.

#16282 2 years ago

Looking to put my original AFM collector quality condition machine for sale ad up soon. Thanks John

#16283 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Looking to put my original AFM collector quality condition machine for sale ad up soon. Thanks John

If you are looking for the perfect original AFM now is your chance plus JohnTTwo is great to deal with.

#16284 2 years ago

yeah, the gear is warm for sure.
i am working on a Fire! for my own department.

I would think you see enough of that. I'd think something like whitewater would be more refreshing

#16285 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I would think you see enough of that. I'd think something like whitewater would be more refreshing

it's for nostalgia purposes. the currently have my Getaway and Metallica Premium (along with a multicade, buck hunter reloaded and a 2020 golden tee).

#16286 2 years ago

ISO: Old Playfield with Good/Solid Clear Coat for Refinishing Experimentation

I asked on this thread last week and two nice Pinsiders offered playfields that were old enough to have a different sort of clear coat. I don't mean to be picky, but I need a newer PF with heavier clear coat - something from, say, '90 onward. Eric, the very nice collector from Woodbury, offered me an Elton John PF, but when I looked it over it appeared to have a hint of clear if any. I'm going to experiment with things like wet sanding and compounding (by hand), as well as polishing and waxing. Doing any of those aggressive things on that Elton John playfield would probably have made short work of the fragile paint. Ditto the Flash playfield thay was offered by another local Pinsider.

So, does anyone have a post-'90 PF with a good layer of clear for sale? Right now I have just the swath of PF underneath the apron of this TZ to experiment on.

Thanks.

#16287 2 years ago

ISO: Old Playfield with Good/Solid Clear Coat for Refinishing Experimentation
I asked on this thread last week and two nice Pinsiders offered playfields that were old enough to have a different sort of clear coat. I don't mean to be picky, but I need a newer PF with heavier clear coat - something from, say, '90 onward. Eric, the very nice collector from Woodbury, offered me an Elton John PF, but when I looked it over it appeared to have a hint of clear if any. I'm going to experiment with things like wet sanding and compounding (by hand), as well as polishing and waxing. Doing any of those aggressive things on that Elton John playfield would probably have made short work of the fragile paint. Ditto the Flash playfield thay was offered by another local Pinsider.
So, does anyone have a post-'90 PF with a good layer of clear for sale? Right now I have just the swath of PF underneath the apron of this TZ to experiment on.
Thanks.

The 90s playfields with clear coat would be the diamond plate ones. Most of those are going to be in good shape and be in games already or sought after to put in games. You’d likely have to pay a decent amount to get one. Maybe you could find one from a newer stern that had issues and has been replaced. You can compound, polish and wax older playfields that do not have clear coat. If just using for experimental purposes I’d suggest grabbing one of the playfields you’ve been offered. You can then see how far you can go without damaging the paint.

#16288 2 years ago

I have an AFM playfield for $350. It could fit for what you want Jason, but this playfield would be a great candidate for restoration, so therefore the price.

#16289 2 years ago

Have family who is clearing out some stuff and have a Ship Ahoy for sale. From what I can tell from the one pic I have, body looks alright and the backglass/playfield look really good. Not powering on I believe, 2nd owner of it. I am out of state and haven't seen it in person. If any interest, PM me. I believe it is in St. Paul.

#16290 2 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Have family who is clearing out some stuff and have a Ship Ahoy for sale. From what I can tell from the one pic I have, body looks alright and the backglass/playfield look really good. Not powering on I believe, 2nd owner of it. I am out of state and haven't seen it in person. If any interest, PM me. I believe it is in St. Paul.

Been wanting an add-a-ball with novelty mode for a while, but no room right now.

#16291 2 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

I already have a buccaneer so I’m good. Great machine!

#16292 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I already have a buccaneer so I’m good. Great machine!

Someday I need a good playfield and cabinet off of one. To restore the one I have that was converted to solid state.

Just not right now. Too much else needs doing.

#16293 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Someday I need a good playfield and cabinet off of one. To restore the one I have that was converted to solid state.
Just not right now. Too much else needs doing.

Let me know when you need to look at one.

I just need to order two boards (contact pads) for my KS relay for the spinner and mine will be working.

Seems like everyone around here has Ship Ahoy’s instead.

#16294 2 years ago

Looking for a TAXI. Have a EBD and Jack's Open that i'd be willing to trade. + cash of course with the Jack's

#16295 2 years ago

Hi all,
Family member near Minocqua just picked up a Gottlieb Dimension. It is in pretty nice shape, but years of rubber ring dust have accumulated. I would like to do a quick fix up on it for them. I am looking to see if anyone knows a spot localish that I could pick up some rings and bulbs. I would have brought parts with me but didn't even know they bought it until I got here.

Thanks

#16296 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Hi all,
Family member near Minocqua just picked up a Gottlieb Dimension. It is in pretty nice shape, but years of rubber ring dust have accumulated. I would like to do a quick fix up on it for them. I am looking to see if anyone knows a spot localish that I could pick up some rings and bulbs. I would have brought parts with me but didn't even know they bought it until I got here.
Thanks

https://www.pinballplace.com/

Call first

#16297 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Hi all,
Thanks

If you make it up to Superior, WI, I can hook you up with some, but being in the middle of Wi, maybe someone like kingpin or a local member would be better?

#16298 2 years ago

About 4.5 hours so that one is probably just a bit farther than I will be able to do this trip. Thank you though.

Quoted from northvibe:

If you make it up to Superior, WI, I can hook you up with some, but being in the middle of Wi, maybe someone like kingpin or a local member would be better?

Thanks a bunch for your offer. I would love to take the bike up that way but I don't think it is going to fit in on this trip. I may just end up ordering the parts and make sure they know how to get in there and maintain the basics.

#16299 2 years ago

Looking to buy a STTNG if anyone has any leads please let me know! Thank you

#16300 2 years ago

Headed down to Chicago and possibly St. Louis midweek. Potentially Indianapolis.
Pm with hauling needs.
Also have an excellent condition original monster bash, single owner until me, available for trade or for purchase. Ad is up.
It’s an OBO before you start killing me it’s getting shopped and tightened up before it sails.

There are 20,671 posts in this topic. You are on page 326 of 414.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/326?hl=badgeringbadger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.