1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 20,670 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 414.
#16201 2 years ago

Thank you!

#16202 2 years ago

Anyone looking to part with a Stranger Things Premium or LE?

#16203 2 years ago

I have a supersonic on cl now if any locals interested. Project game. Send me a pm. Also free pinball glass if anyone needs. Thanks!

#16204 2 years ago

Reminder Summer League starts this Tuesday night the 25th at the Husdon Tap. Please check in around 8 if you can the first night. We try to start around 8:30. There is construction going on in front of the bar, You may have to park at the strip mall 2 blocks up if the lot across the street is full.

#16205 2 years ago

Still looking for a big lebowski. Seeing if I can get one before July.

#16206 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Still looking for a big lebowski. Seeing if I can get one before July.

Machine - For Sale
OIB - Old in box (older than 3 years, never unboxed) - “NIB “The Big Lebowski” ready to pick up. I can as ship if needed.. In Hand and ready to go!”
2021-05-05
Old Saybrook, CT
15,999 (OBO)
Archived after: 36 days
Viewed: 1318 times

#16207 2 years ago

how old can they be and still be able to update the newest production software?

#16208 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Every production TBL can be upgraded to the latest code 0.55.
And they are still releasing code updates as we speak, which is cool.

#16209 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Better question...Does a pinball machine fit in a DeLorean?

#16210 2 years ago

Not sure if anyone is looking at these, but maybe avoid this dude's listings:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/115354
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/115353

I sent a DM asking if it was possible to see pictures of the playfield and inside the backbox and he tells me "You can get a better look by coming to Wabasha and see."

Cool, thanks :thumbsup:

Of course, if anyone was interested here and sent a DM I assume you got a similar message. So, carry on.

Cheers!

#16211 2 years ago

Reminder for that we are holding our coin drop tournament at District 1 Brewery in Stevens Point tomorrow. Signup at 5:30 and should be starting around 6

#16212 2 years ago

Looking for a Baywatch if anyone knows of one locally - would entertain a trade or have cash.

#16213 2 years ago
Quoted from rockwell:

Not sure if anyone is looking at these, but maybe avoid this dude's listings:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/115354
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/115353
I sent a DM asking if it was possible to see pictures of the playfield and inside the backbox and he tells me "You can get a better look by coming to Wabasha and see."
Cool, thanks :thumbsup:
Of course, if anyone was interested here and sent a DM I assume you got a similar message. So, carry on.
Cheers!

I think his prices look good enough that he doesn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops for typical pinside tire-kickers. What is your criteria for a buy, no-buy decision based on the extra work you request? And then you say to "avoid" him because you couldn't sneak a little inside info.

I'm on the sellers side this time. If you're serious, go buy it. If you waste a day, so what? Maybe he doesn't have an extra half hour in his day to entertain you.

#16214 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I think his prices look good enough that he doesn't have to jump through a bunch of hoops for typical pinside tire-kickers. What is your criteria for a buy, no-buy decision based on the extra work you request? And then you say to "avoid" him because you couldn't sneak a little inside info.
I'm on the sellers side this time. If you're serious, go buy it. If you waste a day, so what? Maybe he doesn't have an extra half hour in his day to entertain you.

I pretty much agree with you. At those prices he will sell them. Pics aren't that hard but tire kickers get old too. Offer him $20 to take 10 pics with the understanding that you get the $20 back if you buy it.

#16215 2 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm in the market for a #JurassicParkPro and located in Madison, WI if anyone has any good leads for me. I'd like to consider HUO first. Thanks!

#16216 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Looking for a Baywatch if anyone knows of one locally - would entertain a trade or have cash.

Hopefully, should be getting a really nice one.

#16217 2 years ago

I’ll be heading to Milwaukee and Chicago Saturday.
Can haul games up or down.
Potential games onboard:
Golden Cue
Munsters pro 1400
Plays
twilight Zone color DMD
Bram Stoker’s Dracula (a real nice one)
Junk yard with topper
Pm me with any hauling or transport needs.
I’ll need to know by Thursday evening at the latest....

#16218 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Asking for a picture of the playfield and a pic of the backbox counts as a bunch of hoops? For me, it was more just a way to confirm he wasn't a crazy person trying to scam. I woulda closed the deal with that confirmation, but alas.

#16219 2 years ago
Quoted from rockwell:

Asking for a picture of the playfield and a pic of the backbox counts as a bunch of hoops? For me, it was more just a way to confirm he wasn't a crazy person trying to scam. I woulda closed the deal with that confirmation, but alas.

I've been on both sides of the deal. I agree a picture or two might push someone over the edge, but if you really want definitive photos, it's really more work than it seems. I've dirt-dogged fastidious buyers in the past and was rewarded with smooth and easy transactions where they didn't negotiate price. Usually when someone comes in with photo demands, they end up trying to chisel you. Not saying that's you, but I won't even discuss price unless the buyer is standing there with payment in pocket... but I always put a price out front.

If you ever dealt with craigslist nutcases, you probably understand the seller's gruff behavior. I only take issue with the idea that the seller is to be avoided because he didn't jump on a buyer's demand. The pinball machine market is sort of a sellers' market right now. Most buyers aren't used to that at all.

#16220 2 years ago
Quoted from rockwell:

Asking someone to drive from Madison, WI to Wabasha, MN just to find out the games are trash is a bit of fing insanity, when taking pics takes 10 minutes. F*** that guy.

#16221 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Asking someone to drive from Madison, WI to Wabasha, MN just to find out the games are trash is a bit of fing insanity, when taking pics takes 10 minutes. F*** that guy.

"Excellent working condition" doesn't sound like trash to me, but what do I know? I'm going to buy 2 games tomorrow sight-unseen 230 miles away. That's how I roll.

If people want to blow smoke, a few more pictures aren't going to make the difference.

#16222 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:"Excellent working condition" doesn't sound like trash to me, but what do I know? I'm going to buy 2 games tomorrow sight-unseen 230 miles away. That's how I roll.
If people want to blow smoke, a few more pictures aren't going to make the difference.

When you sell a game, you should provide as many pics as you can in the listing. It saves everyone trouble. With a phone call you may be able to ferret out the situation more. Some folks that have games don’t have the time, the resources, or the knowledge of what’s the norm or expected. The seller is a new Pinsider, so that’s probably the case. The cautionary side is they might not know how to judge condition. The upside is, they may not know how nice what they have is. I’m sure he’s overwhelmed or has a deal.

#16223 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I only take issue with the idea that the seller is to be avoided because he didn't jump on a buyer's demand. The pinball machine market is sort of a sellers' market right now. Most buyers aren't used to that at all.

I can understand that. My intention wasn't to try and ice the dude, just more raising a red flag since he was a brand new member and it seemed like a response someone scammy would give. Could be my ignorance, and hell..even my loss. Mighta missed out on a decent price for a machine I'd like to own.

That being said, posting one crap image and stiff-arming a request for even one more basic angle is a shitty way to do a deal. Maybe if you were a member with several past sales or a track record I wouldn't care. But maybe that's just how -I- roll.

#16224 2 years ago

I pass on those people all day long. They are the types that perfect working condition means half the shit doesn’t work and they don’t even know it.

#16225 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I pass on those people all day long. They are the types that perfect working condition means half the shit doesn’t work and they don’t even know it.

I try all of them, but this guy didn’t get back to me and I said I’d buy both, no hesitation, so who knows. Someone should respond, “I’ll buy, can I wire you the $ now, or pay you now however you would like?” and see if that induces a response.

#16226 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I agree. I recently drove 25 miles one way to see a game advertised in “excellent” condition. Had to go because the seller seemed “confused” when I asked for pics of things like the shooter lane and outlanes, and wanted me to send example pics.

So I load everything up. Cash in hand, tools, dolly and blankets and other moving essentials loaded in SUV…..ready to buy. And why wouldn’t I buy? It was the machine I wanted and it was in “excellent” condition.

Got to the house and the first then I looked at was the chewed-up and worn out shooter lane. Went downhill from there. Cracked and yellowed plastic ramps, missing screws, poor touch-up jobs on the cabinet and back box, dirty and worn playfield.

Yeah………”excellent”.

I didn’t even turn it on. I was polite and said “I’ll pass” and thanked them for their time but I was pretty pissed.

Now, this was “only” 50 miles round trip. I can imagine how incensed someone could get driving 4 times that much only to get the same disappointing result.

Bottom line - don’t be a dick. Just send the pictures and save people the hassle. People’s time is worth something.

#16227 2 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:I agree. I recently drove 25 miles one way to see a game advertised in “excellent” condition. Had to go because the seller seemed “confused” when I asked for pics of things like the shooter lane and outlanes, and wanted me to send example pics.
So I load everything up. Cash in hand, tools, dolly and blankets and other moving essentials loaded in SUV…..ready to buy. And why wouldn’t I buy? It was the machine I wanted and it was in “excellent” condition.
Got to the house and the first then I looked at was the chewed-up and worn out shooter lane. Went downhill from there. Cracked and yellowed plastic ramps, missing screws, poor touch-up jobs on the cabinet and back box, dirty and worn playfield.
Yeah………”excellent”.
I didn’t even turn it on. I was polite and said “I’ll pass” and thanked them for their time but I was pretty pissed.
Now, this was “only” 50 miles round trip. I can imagine how incensed someone could get driving 4 times that much only to get the same disappointing result.
Bottom line - don’t be a dick. Just send the pictures and save people the hassle. People’s time is worth something.

Been there and couldn't agree more. What's it take for a picture? A touch or five or ten and done.
It's a PICTURE not a PAINTING!

#16228 2 years ago

AAAV8R ,

I'm curious what the title was and asking price for the junker that left you incensed. Were you pissed that you wasted time or more so that you didn't get the smoking deal you expected? Not judging, just curious. I think those listings Rockwell wanted more detail on were probably worth the gamble. I'm running 450 mile round trip tomorrow for pictures no better. Wish me luck! And not everybody has the ability to take the kind of photos expected by pinsiders.

#16229 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

And not everybody has the ability to take the kind of photos expected by pinsiders.

How many people can afford driving hundreds of miles for nothing? I really don’t get why you are still even arguing this, dude. You live in Wabasha by chance?

#16230 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

How many people can afford driving hundreds of miles for nothing? I really don’t get why you are still even arguing this, dude. You live in Wabasha by chance?

I don't remember asking you.. and I don't appreciate you treating me like your wife treats you. And it's not for nothing. It's for a chance at a wanted deal. You should just stick to the established retailers if you can't hunt with the big dogs.

#16231 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I don't remember asking you.. and I don't appreciate you treating me like your wife treats you. And it's not for nothing. It's for a chance at a wanted deal. You should just stick to the established retailers if you can't hunt with the big dogs.

Good one there, sackie! You’re stupendous!

#16232 2 years ago

So, back at the ok-corral....

#16233 2 years ago

#16234 2 years ago

Different people generally have very different ideas as to what defines condition. The words "mint" and "excellent condition" are used very often, and rarely are those machines actually mint or excellent. Posting clear pictures of key areas goes a long way to leveling expectations.

There is a Nascar that has been on Facebook for quite awhile, which I would have bought by now if it were anywhere near what the description says. Thankfully the seller also posted a few pics, which tell a very different story than the description does. I would be pissed if I would have made a few hour trip based on the description only. Not saying that seller is purposely trying to be deceitful (maybe, maybe not)...they may not actually know what to look for or may just not care about the issues that were clearly visible. But regardless, it certainly isn't "mint" by any normal definition.

Bottom line...I don't care if it's a decent deal, in this day and age where digital photography is ridiculously quick and easy, if you can't even be bothered to take a couple decent pictures of something you want to sell for thousands of dollars, it's just not worth dealing with. It's not like we are talking about a $500 MM here where it's worth going "no questions asked".

#16235 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Different people generally have very different ideas as to what defines condition. The words "mint" and "excellent condition" are used very often, and rarely are those machines actually mint or excellent. Posting clear pictures of key areas goes a long way to leveling expectations.
There is a Nascar that has been on Facebook for quite awhile, which I would have bought by now if it were anywhere near what the description says. Thankfully the seller also posted a few pics, which tell a very different story than the description does. I would be pissed if I would have made a few hour trip based on the description only. Not saying that seller is purposely trying to be deceitful (maybe, maybe not)...they may not actually know what to look for or may just not care about the issues that were clearly visible. But regardless, it certainly isn't "mint" by any normal definition.
Bottom line...I don't care if it's a decent deal, in this day and age where digital photography is ridiculously quick and easy, if you can't even be bothered to take a couple decent pictures of something you want to sell for thousands of dollars, it's just not worth dealing with. It's not like we are talking about a $500 MM here where it's worth going "no questions asked".

In all my hobbies 99 percent of the time if the seller uses the word "mint" I am out.

#16236 2 years ago

How many times has someone heard;

It doesn’t work but it still lights up so it must be something simple?

#16237 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

AAAV8R ,
I'm curious what the title was and asking price for the junker that left you incensed. Were you pissed that you wasted time or more so that you didn't get the smoking deal you expected? Not judging, just curious. I think those listings Rockwell wanted more detail on were probably worth the gamble. I'm running 450 mile round trip tomorrow for pictures no better. Wish me luck! And not everybody has the ability to take the kind of photos expected by pinsiders.

Congrats on your hike hope it works out. Most of us here have been burned by shit like this and we value our f'in time as time is money. Sounds like none of these folks have been unreasonable with their requests or expectations from sellers. No idea why you feel the need to flex that you don't need quality ads or descriptions to jump in a car and waste a day but that shit sucks for the rest of us.

Been burned on buying a pinball on an Estate Auction where the company had listed the machine in "Excellent" condition with terrible grainy photos. After a bid war for a week and the hassle of driving out there to get my machine the machine was a 5/10 at best and the family never opened the machine once as they didn't have a key or knew that you could even open it! Broken rubbers all around the playfield lol here I am paying top dollar for a beat machine so not all the time it's getting a smoking deal.

Serious sellers need to be able to provide serious questions, details and photos. People don't want their time wasted and especially people in this hobby.

#16238 2 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

the family never opened the machine once as they didn't have a key or knew that you could even open it!

A friend of mine out east went to inspect a sample TZ that was bought new, hadn't been used in 15 years. He plugged it in, turned it on. A few lights came on. He took the glass off, people didn't know you could do that, had inherited it from their father. Started to lift the playfield and mice started hopping out all over. He dropped the playfield and left when the wife started accusing him of doing that ?

The owner called him a few weeks later to let him know the critters were gone. He passed.

You know that all the wiring is chewed, mounds of mice waste and who knows what other bugs and stuff in it. The only thing salvageable might be the playfield if you stripped it and sealed it to prevent odor, and use it in a different TZ so you had the sample stuff.

Probably still for sale, they thought they'd found a gold mine. Had a Roadshow too. His father had bought that brand new too. My friend never lookat it, probably same condition as the TZ.

LTG : )

#16239 2 years ago

That story gives me shivers, LTG.

#16240 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

nd use it in a different TZ so you had the sample stuff.

I actually thought about doing this with the TZ’s at my house except I’m worried that would kill the desirability with the SN tag being a bad representation of being an early game. Although I don’t believe mine is a true “sample”. Reason being is one cabinet is much nicer than the other same goes with the playfield but they are opposite of each other.

#16241 2 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Congrats on your hike hope it works out. Most of us here have been burned by shit like this and we value our f'in time as time is money. Sounds like none of these folks have been unreasonable with their requests or expectations from sellers. No idea why you feel the need to flex that you don't need quality ads or descriptions to jump in a car and waste a day but that shit sucks for the rest of us.
Been burned on buying a pinball on an Estate Auction where the company had listed the machine in "Excellent" condition with terrible grainy photos. After a bid war for a week and the hassle of driving out there to get my machine the machine was a 5/10 at best and the family never opened the machine once as they didn't have a key or knew that you could even open it! Broken rubbers all around the playfield lol here I am paying top dollar for a beat machine so not all the time it's getting a smoking deal.
Serious sellers need to be able to provide serious questions, details and photos. People don't want their time wasted and especially people in this hobby.

I agree with all that but you can't make someone do things the way you would or want them to. Part of the sale is the service given by the seller and if that service is poor then a smart buyer knows when to take a chance or walk away.

You say time is money, but it's a hobby. The chase is part of the fun. You need to decide if a roadtrip is worth your time or not. Just like the price police can't determine what price you sell your property for, a potential buyer has no control over how a seller presents his item.

#16242 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

That story gives me shivers, LTG.

I think the pinball horror thread has several pics like this including a few from me. I felt bad chasing a family of mice out of a Comet but I had a game to get working.

#16243 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I actually thought about doing this with the TZ’s at my house except I’m worried that would kill the desirability with the SN tag being a bad representation of being an early game.

You are right on that.

I just hate to see a sample playfield and mini playfield dumped. Put in a generic TZ cabinet with a trashed playfield, where it doesn't effect value. Or try to pass it off as original.

#16244 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You are right on that.
I just hate to see a sample playfield and mini playfield dumped. Put in a generic TZ cabinet with a trashed playfield, where it doesn't effect value. Or try to pass it off as original.

I’d have to agree on that. Even though you can order the 3rd magnet and DYI, there’s nothing better than a playfield with artwork (missing) that yells, yeah that belongs there.

So what does it mean when you have a PF with the green lock insert but the door PCB is also green? Just early to the party? One of mine has the rest of the fixins too like switch cover, clock, mini PF, odd gumball signage, and for crappy players like me, rubber that keeps the ball out of the left area of the pops.

#16245 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

switch cover,

Sample didn't have them on mini playfield or the clips to hold them, production games did.

Also "No Flip Here" on mini playfield. Grapefruit colored pop bumper cap.

I don't remember all the stuff, maybe another thing or two I'm missing.

Translites with stars or with stars cut out appear both ways on sample games and production games.

#16246 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sample didn't have them on mini playfield or the clips to hold them, production games did.
Also "No Flip Here" on mini playfield. Grapefruit colored pop bumper cap.
I don't remember all the stuff, maybe another thing or two I'm missing.
Translites with stars or with stars cut out appear both ways on sample games and production games.

I should have clarified...I have the clear dome switch cover on the left ramp confirmation switch which I thought was only on samples?

I don't like grapefruit but looks like I'm stuck with that cap too.

Translite is "normal" but glad to hear that isn't a must for the stars.

#16247 2 years ago

I just wasted an entire day renting a Uhaul trailer to drive to Minneapolis, so I wish I would have read the last couple of pages of posts before doing so. I was, and still am, really interested in having an old school shooting gallery game to add to my collection. I saw this facebook post https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/467959874387573/ about 10 weeks ago and offered $500 for it. No beans. Messaged again this week offering the same amount, and they agreed. I made sure to clarify that the only issue was that the aim was off, and they said that it was working perfectly earlier this year.

I arrived at their garage after a 2 hour drive, and this thing is pretty cool and exactly what I was looking for. They power it up and lights come on, some of the targets move, but the game isn't registering any hits. The score reel isn't working, and to restart the game you've got to touch a bare wire after opening a door on the side.

I can tell that I'm already in over my head, as I've never worked on an older EM pinball machine, so I try to figure out what I'm looking at and ask if I can see the back of it. They were surprised to see that the back of the game could be opened (it was against the wall in a garage), so we open it to find about 1.5 feet of insulation in there, with multiple dead mice. I could already picture my wife being pissed at me if I were to bring it home, and pay $500 for it, so I offered $300 since it wasn't quite what was described in the listing. Needless to say, I made the 2 hour ride back with an empty trailer. $500 may actually be a good price, but I wasn't looking for that much of a project.

Moral of the story is that I should have asked for more pictures, and maybe a video of it running before making the trip. But it seemed deliberate on the seller's part to gloss over all of the issues that were present.

Anyway, I'm in the market for a shooting gallery type game with gun recoil, preferably one without an 8 track in it if anyone is looking to sell.

#16248 2 years ago

Sorry this happened to you; a major disappointment. Gross any way you slice it.

#16249 2 years ago
Quoted from blazingsaddlz:

Needless to say, I made the 2 hour ride back with an empty trailer.

As I always say, no deal is better than a bad deal. While it stinks to come home empty handed after spending time traveling, you'll never be sorry that you passed on a bad deal.

Dave

#16250 2 years ago

I passed on a bad deal to me. Biggest problem was logistics. Getting everything back was a 13+ hour drive one way. Everything needed a lot of work. Lot's of pinballs I wanted to bring back with me but when it was all said and done it was more cost effective to just say "thank you for your time". Plus I'd have to rent space to store everything. I have over an hour video documenting everything that was for sale. I'll have to upload it sometime.

There are 20,670 posts in this topic. You are on page 325 of 414.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/325?hl=aaav8r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.