1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 415.
#16101 2 years ago

Working Sea devil , EM submarine game . $1000. I need my space back.

#16103 2 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

Not playing much now that summer is here, and my boats want some cash invested in them.m

Another buddy told me the same thing. He’s looking anytime but boating and fishing season. This is a real market nuance.

#16104 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Another buddy told me the same thing. He’s looking anytime but boating and fishing season. This is a real market nuance.

So, any of you boat guys want out? (Can’t blame a sob for trying)

#16105 2 years ago

Just reduced this a bit to hopefully get it moving. Otherwise Neo is right I will just hang onto it for the future.

Machine - For Sale
Swords of Fury Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “PLEASE NOTE THIS GAME IS IN DULUTH, MN. REDUCED PRICE: This is at a friend's house. So he will help arrange any viewings and pick-up. The playfield does have an overlay. The ...”
2021-05-05
Duluth, MN
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 508 times

#16106 2 years ago

Hey y'all

I'm done lurking and ready to buy my first machine. Looking within maybe 300-ish miles of Madison, $5k or less.

#shadow is my dream machine in terms of gameplay and playfield art/design (and it looks like Aurich might be doing another translite run). I wish I had been ready to buy when brobra had one last month! I'll likely be putting up a wanted ad today.

I can't honestly say for sure how long I'd be willing to wait for a specific machine (really itching to get started!), so I'm open to thoughts. I've been enjoying Johnny Mnemonic recently, and Bram Stoker's Dracula is a long-time favorite in terms of gameplay and presentation. Recently I've been entertaining the thought of #the_walking_dead, even though it's just about the ugliest machine I have ever seen. Just looking for a little challenge and replayability.

Definitely reach out if I can convince you to part with a Shadow.

Ok, thanks!
Call your moms!

#16107 2 years ago
Quoted from feelin_crumby:

Hey y'all
I'm done lurking and ready to buy my first machine.

Exciting! Good luck on your hunt.

#16108 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Just reduced this a bit to hopefully get it moving. Otherwise Neo is right I will just hang onto it for the future.

Machine - For Sale

Swords of Fury

Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean “PLEASE NOTE THIS GAME IS IN DULUTH, MN.

REDUCED PRICE:

This is at a friend's house. So he will help arrange any viewings and pick-up.

The playfield does have an overlay.

The ...”

4 days ago

Duluth, MN

ChrisS

of course i'm right. Lionman is the king of all system 11's. Top 10 game for sure.

Still looking for a big lebowski. willing to pay a little more than NIB so I can have it before july (Queen Anne revenge tournament will be announced soon)

#16109 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

of course i'm right. Lionman is the king of all system 11's. Top 10 game for sure.
Still looking for a big lebowski. willing to pay a little more than NIB so I can have it before july (Queen Anne revenge tournament will be announced soon)

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/111965

Maybe a deal to be made there.

#16110 2 years ago

Hey y'all
I'm done lurking and ready to buy my first machine. Looking within maybe 300-ish miles of Madison, $5k or less.
The Shadow is my dream machine in terms of gameplay and playfield art/design (and it looks like Aurich might be doing another translite run). I wish I had been ready to buy when brobra had one last month! I'll likely be putting up a wanted ad today.
I can't honestly say for sure how long I'd be willing to wait for a specific machine (really itching to get started!), so I'm open to thoughts. I've been enjoying Johnny Mnemonic recently, and Bram Stoker's Dracula is a long-time favorite in terms of gameplay and presentation. Recently I've been entertaining the thought of The Walking Dead (Pro), even though it's just about the ugliest machine I have ever seen. Just looking for a little challenge and replayability.
Definitely reach out if I can convince you to part with a Shadow.
Ok, thanks!
Call your moms!

Hoping to have 3 on that list inbound soon, including the shadow. May be a week or two.

#16111 2 years ago

i've already been talking to him. can't justify a 4.5 k markup just to get it 8 months early. tournament or not.

#16112 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Hoping to have 3 on that list inbound soon, including the shadow. May be a week or two.

Wow! If that's the case, definitely keep me posted. I'd be thrilled to contribute to your on-going adventures.

#16113 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

How's that radical coming along for the pinball basement? Find one yet?

#16114 2 years ago

Wow! If that's the case, definitely keep me posted. I'd be thrilled to contribute to your on-going adventures.

Sounds good. Will do for sure.

Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

How's that radical coming along for the pinball basement? Find one yet?

You give me tough assignments; not yet. Have seen a lot of rarer stuff, though.

I’m shopping out a tomcat right now. Nice cab. Some planking near Outlanes I don’t love. Want to remove Mylar, but frankly I’m scared to. It’s getting new rubbers, and some tasteful LEDs. Play tests awesome. Lightning fast play. Good boards. Good sound. No lock bar holes in the font. I’ve posted pics elsewhere if anyone wants to check it out. Should be up soon.

#16115 2 years ago

Have a couple of pinstadium neo fusion sets, if anyone is looking. Just pulled them today. Magnet strip will still adhere and all parts, splitters, power supplies are there. I removed them very well with light heat. Left almost no residue on the blades.

#16116 2 years ago

Wanted: Minneapolis-area welder who can repair a failed spot weld on a Stern stainless ramp.

If you have ever examined a stainless Stern ramp, you know they're made from laser-cut pieces of 16-gauge plate steel and spot welded together with a minimum of welds - in this case six. These spot welds are apparently not very strong as all six of them have failed on this Catapult ramp from BKSOR. I would rather not buy a replacement from Stern as they are unresponsive to parts orders from distros right now as they focus on making/selling new games. I would include a photo of my ramp here, but I can't post photos to this thread. If the joint is tight, can I flow solder in it? Would that be strong enough? The stock joint is *barely* a spot weld. I have no welder and certainly no oxyacetylene torch, but I do have Mapp gas and plumbers' solder.

#16117 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Wanted: Minneapolis-area welder who can repair a failed spot weld on a Stern stainless ramp.

I don't know if they do work for individuals (as opposed to businesses) or how much they charge, but the work that Micro Weld in Maple Grove does is incredible. My employer has them do all of our precision welding work.
https://microweldinc.com/

#16118 2 years ago

If the joint is tight, can I flow solder in it?

I doubt it.

Would that be strong enough?

No.

You need a tig welder.

LTG : )

#16119 2 years ago

If you have ever examined a stainless Stern ramp, you know they're made from laser-cut pieces of 16-gauge plate steel and spot welded together with a minimum of welds - in this case six. These spot welds are apparently not very strong as all six of them have failed on this Catapult ramp from BKSOR. I would rather not buy a replacement from Stern as they are unresponsive to parts orders from distros right now as they focus on making/selling new games. I would include a photo of my ramp here, but I can't post photos to this thread. If the joint is tight, can I flow solder in it? Would that be strong enough? The stock joint is *barely* a spot weld. I have no welder and certainly no oxyacetylene torch, but I do have Mapp gas and plumbers' solder.

Try an auto body shop near you. Most decent auto body shops have spot welders.

#16120 2 years ago

Soldering could work. The flux is critical to have it adhere. About any sheet metal shop can do it. Cleaning up the spot welds can be tricky.

#16121 2 years ago

Thanks, MR, LTG, TB, and JT, for your suggestions.
May I ask what you mean by a "sheet-metal" shop?
I would love to just clamp the joint together with a C-clamp, heat up the joint with a MAPP-gas torch, and flow some solder. When I said I would solder it, I didn't mean I would use my soldering iron.

**addendum**
It looks like soldering stainless is tricky. I would have to disassemble the part to clean the surfaces carefully to ensure the flux would work properly, and that's not possible as many of the part's remaining joints are intact. Guess I'm back to TIG welding, but by whom? I will contact some body shops about it tomorrow.

#16122 2 years ago

Thanks, MR, LTG, TB, and JT, for your suggestions.
May I ask what you mean by a "sheet-metal" shop?
I would love to just clamp the joint together with a C-clamp, heat up the joint with a MAPP-gas torch, and flow some solder. When I said I would solder it, I didn't mean I would use my soldering iron.
**addendum**
It looks like soldering stainless is tricky. I would have to disassemble the part to clean the surfaces carefully to ensure the flux would work properly, and that's not possible as many of the part's remaining joints are intact. Guess I'm back to TIG welding, but by whom? I will contact some body shops about it tomorrow.

The body shop should be a quick solution, but sheet metal shop would be a fab shop like a place that makes exhaust fan hoods for commercial kitchens.
The best part of spotwelding with the big claw type is there is no filler or sheilding gas just set the amperage and time and done. we had one 20yrs ago in high-school shop class. That could be a place to check too.

I don't think solder will be the permanent solution.

call a place like msmworks.com. I have no info on them but they came up on a search.

#16123 2 years ago

You could check with a local tech school

#16124 2 years ago

You could conceivably silver-solder it back together. However, that takes a very expensive high-content silver solder and an oxy-acetylene torch. Plus, you have to know what you're doing. Plus, it requires getting the parts very hot - thin sheet metal parts will almost certainly undergo local distortion where heated.

Soft solder (lead/tin for plumbing or electrical) is not structural.

#16125 2 years ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

If only! If I had a nickel for every broken solder joint near a solenoid I've repaired...

----------------------------

Incidentally, I'd be interested in a T2, Dr Dude, RBION, Road Show, or Black Rose if anyone has one and isn't asking new Stern Pro prices.

#16126 2 years ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

You could conceivably silver-solder it back together. However, that takes a very expensive high-content silver solder and an oxy-acetylene torch. Plus, you have to know what you're doing. Plus, it requires getting the parts very hot - thin sheet metal parts will almost certainly undergo local distortion where heated.

Thanks for the input. I'm just going to take it to a body shop. Perhaps they will refer me to a fabrication shop if they won't do it themselves. They should have a TIG welder. I don't know how precise their tips might be, but I'm fine with it if they put meaty gobs of weld at each spot. It disappoints me that Stern under-engineered this part. The game is otherwise very durable for such a violent layout.

#16127 2 years ago

Game sold through FB marketplace.

#16128 2 years ago

Thanks for the input. I'm just going to take it to a body shop. Perhaps they will refer me to a fabrication shop if they won't do it themselves. They should have a TIG welder. I don't know how precise their tips might be, but I'm fine with it if they put meaty gobs of weld at each spot. It disappoints me that Stern under-engineered this part. The game is otherwise very durable for such a violent layout.

Just some info. I needed a handful of stern troughs welded. I found a few weld/fab shops around the twin ports up here. I ended up having WorldWide Machining & Welding, Inc. from Superior, WI weld them all. they did great work and it wasn't all that expensive, but be ready to pay $50-100 to have 1 or a small handful of things welded because walk-in one offs can be a waste of their time unless you pay. So if you have any broken welds on troughs etc bring them with.

#16129 2 years ago

Before I list it elsewhere, I'm selling my #JurassicParkPro
$5500.
DM me for details.

Added over 3 years ago:

(game has been traded)

#16130 2 years ago
Quoted from kevindrives:

Before I list it elsewhere, I'm selling my #JurassicParkPro
$5500.
DM me for details.

kevindrives why selling? Mandalorian?

#16131 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

kevindrives why selling? Mandalorian?

I am not in for a Mando.
I've had it since Sept of 2019, and it's just time for a change.

#16132 2 years ago

Tried to sell your pin to a friend, but he wants an AC/DC Vault or INMD Pro. Anyone have one they are looking to move?

Quoted from kevindrives:

I am not in for a Mando.
I've had it since Sept of 2019, and it's just time for a change.

#16133 2 years ago

If there are any players in the area, we're putting a Big Lebowski out on location at the Drafty Cellar in Watertown, WI tomorrow.
Just finished testing and prep work.

#16134 2 years ago
Quoted from Angry_Radish:

If there are any players in the area, we're putting a Big Lebowski out on location at the Drafty Cellar in Watertown, WI tomorrow.

I will be there about 4 pm. NHL and I

#16135 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/golden-cue

I’d be open to trading this gem for something of similar value.

#16136 2 years ago

well if said game doesn't earn as well as hoped, i'd be willing to purchase said game .

#16137 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

well if said game doesn't earn as well as hoped, i'd be willing to purchase said game .

As he unplugs the game on location repeatedly

#16138 2 years ago

I need an EM rifle game guru tech that can help me get a midway haunted house up and running. got a couple of issues I can't figure out.

#16139 2 years ago

Did anyone go look at that f-14 on mpls CL in roseville? Seems to be a decent price for the market. I like the blue displays better than the standard, but that below drain blue flood is weird.

#16140 2 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Did anyone go look at that f-14 on mpls CL in roseville? Seems to be a decent price for the market. I like the blue displays better than the standard, but that below drain blue flood is weird.

I think brobra got that one.

#16141 2 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I think brobra got that one.

I still say the Brobra is called a Manssiere

#16142 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I still say the Brobra is called a Manssiere

It is, it’s a man boob harness

I didn’t get that game. I just moved mine. And compared to what I got, that one is a good deal. Mine was pretty nice though, sans a little plank in the lower right, and the worn kickback insert.

#16143 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

It is, it’s a man boob harness
I didn’t get that game. I just moved mine. And compared to what I got, that one is a good deal. Mine was pretty nice though, sans a little plank in the lower right, and the worn kickback insert.
Prices aren’t going down anytime soon. Market is crazy.

#16144 2 years ago

Anyone have any Medusa parts? I need the light bar assembly from the back of the pf.

#16145 2 years ago

Probably late notice, but headed to Omaha, KC, and back up tomorrow. Possibly bleeding into sunday. Pm if there are up/down hauling needs.
Yours truly
-Brobra

#16146 2 years ago

I'll be out there when I'm off work next week! Great lineup at that place!

#16147 2 years ago

Hey everyone,

We are getting ready to run our 3rd event at District 1 Brewery in Stevens Point, WI on May 26th. No entry fee, coin-drop only. The brewery has been kind enough to donate a 4 pack of their house brew to our first place finisher (Soda for the kids) so come on down and have a beer or 2 and play some pinball. We are planning on having another game for this tournament, come see what it is

https://www.facebook.com/events/4811430 ... f=newsfeed

#16148 2 years ago

Looking for totan and/or IJ. Any condition fine. Let me know if you are moving one on or know someone. Thank you.

#16149 2 years ago

There goes my productive weekend.

#16150 2 years ago

What are some favorite spots for location play in WI, MN, IL? We have some decent options in Madison, but I'm itching to do some exploring post-pandemic. Went to District 82 (De Pere, WI) a few weeks ago, which was pretty fantastic. I'm a little too new to this obsession to know people with crazy pinball pirate basements.

There are 20,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/323?hl=pinball_basement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.