1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 415.
#1551 10 years ago

Wrong time of year for me to have that much cash but I would really like to move a Tron from MN to WI.

#1552 10 years ago

Silly site... see below.

#1553 10 years ago

Late notice, but if you're free on Friday and want to drop by I'm going to be (or at least hoping to be) working on a couple projects. Thinking start time of about 7pm, I have my 3 year old right now (wife is out of town) so he goes to bed around 8:30pm, but we'll do pizza before that. After that, hoping to tackle a couple projects...

Starship Troopers, Space Shuttle and Pinbot is the plan, Space Shuttle has little hope of getting anywhere, the other two might be playable before the night is over! And maybe my Fleet Jr. too, I'd love to get help figuring THAT out. One coil, and it baffles me. Yeesh. Starship Troopers I got to boot after 30 minutes, that thing makes me feel stupid... anyway...

I'll have about 12 other machines (mostly pins, some vids) available for play too. PM me for address if you'd like!

#1554 10 years ago

Hey guys- I posted this earlier, but thought I'd post my tech question here as well:

I picked up a WWF last weekend. A row of lamps were all out. I replaced TIP102 (with TIP 122) and the diode. I also replaced the 2N4401 transistor.

Now, the entire row is locked on. All replaced parts test OK with my mulitmeter, so now I am stumped.

I am fairly certain that I isolated the problem to the board as I tested the connector6 pin3 with alligator clips and get the same results. That means it's got to be on the board. But, I've already replaced the 3 'main' components I would expect to have failed ... right?

After replacing the items, I checked continutity from component to component to make sure I did a good job soldering them in, they all test out.

What is the next stop in 'working my way up the board'?

Thanks!

#1555 10 years ago

Maybe I misread by why not use the TIP102... thought it was a better equivalent for the 122.

#1556 10 years ago
Quoted from PaulyB18:

Maybe I misread by why not use the TIP102... thought it was a better equivalent for the 122.

You are probably right. I might have flip-flopped it. I know that there is one of those that is the BEST replacement for multiple transistors, so I ordered a bunch and labeled them with multiple labels. So, whichever it is, I used the good one.

#1557 10 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

I used the good one.

Cool, did you check all the diodes on the lamps as well (not just the board). I believe if one of those is shorted it will cause the row to be on.

#1558 10 years ago
Quoted from PaulyB18:

Cool, did you check all the diodes on the lamps as well (not just the board). I believe if one of those is shorted it will cause the row to be on.

Yes, checked the diodes. All OK. Also, when I pull the connectors and test each pin individually, the pin for that row (3) tests bad. So, I've essentially isolated the problem to the board.

#1559 10 years ago

Yes, checked the diodes. All OK. Also, when I pull the connectors and test each pin individually, the pin for that row (3) tests bad. So, I've essentially isolated the problem to the board.

Ugh, that sucks tony, you just got that game.. Correction.. I just got that game with you. GLWR

#1560 10 years ago

Tony - PM Sent.

#1561 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Ugh, that sucks tony, you just got that game.. Correction.. I just got that game with you. GLWR

I noticed it when we were picking it up. It didn't bother me as I've fixed this problem several times. It SHOULD be an easy fix, usually just a bad transistor or diode. Something really weird this time.

Thanks for the PM paulyb- consider yourself an honorary member of WI/MN, your choice.

#1562 10 years ago

I was thinking about buying an amazing spiderman pinball here in kato. The front of the machine is roughed up from a bar over the coin box, I don't know much more than that. Looks pretty dusty and I was going to make an offer as is. The place is a retail place, so I don't know what kind of offer to make? I'll be getting pictures, but does anyone have a vague idea what this pinball might be worth working?

#1563 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I was thinking about buying an amazing spiderman pinball here in kato. The front of the machine is roughed up from a bar over the coin box, I don't know much more than that. Looks pretty dusty and I was going to make an offer as is. The place is a retail place, so I don't know what kind of offer to make? I'll be getting pictures, but does anyone have a vague idea what this pinball might be worth working?

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-experience-with-the-mankatotwin-cities-craigslist-spammer-jason-at-luckys

#1564 10 years ago

Haha, no its not jason. This was at C and N. They had 4 dusty dusty pinball machines in the back and it looks like they would make good projects for the right price.

I don't think lucky is in the right business, he doesn't do well at pinball repairs.

#1565 10 years ago
Quoted from PaulyB18:

Tony - PM Sent.

Thanks to paulyb, I discovered that I replaced a 2N5060 SCR with a 2N4401 transistor ... doh! At least they LOOK the same! Anyway, just wanted to give a public thank you ... will update once the SCRs arrive in the mail ...

#1566 10 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Haha, no its not jason. This was at C and N. They had 4 dusty dusty pinball machines in the back and it looks like they would make good projects for the right price.
I don't think lucky is in the right business, he doesn't do well at pinball repairs.

Aha! Good thinking! Does the Spiderman work? Maybe $400? I really don't know. Good luck!

#1567 10 years ago

Aha! Good thinking! Does the spiderman work? Maybe $400? I really don't know. Good luck!

I was thinking around the same thing, I need to head over there and take pics and ask more about the condition.

#1568 10 years ago

Thanks Let us know how it turns out after.

#1569 10 years ago

Tony, what happened with the school funds? Or do you have a bank roll from the LOTR sale, kinda like a professional poker player...

#1570 10 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Tony, what happened with the school funds? Or do you have a bank roll from the LOTR sale, kinda like a professional poker player...

LOTR turned into 3 games.

It was supposed to turn into 2 games, but I really wanted a WWF and it was part of a package deal.

But, hopefully I'll enjoy it for a while and send it on its way.

#1571 10 years ago

It's a habit that's hard to break!

#1572 10 years ago

Wow, 2 of the 4 games on my short list come up for sale within a week of each other... when it rains it pours.

Anyone want to Maverick I just picked up on Sunday? I picked it up in a package deal to get my WWF. It needs to be cleaned. Missing a plastic or two, but I saw some spares in the coin box. DMD is VERY bright and looks nice. No credit dot. Game plays fine, but will be better after getting tuned up. I've played 5-10 games on it with no complaints.

I was planning to do the work myself in the next month or so, but then a NBAFB popped up. Potentially going to pick it up Sunday.

Make me an offer so I can go pick up my NBAFB on Sunday!

#1573 10 years ago

$17. How's that.

#1574 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

$17. How's that.

I'll go up to a crisp $20.

#1575 10 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

$17. How's that.

Quoted from jonogo:

My best auctioneer impression:
TwentyDollarsIHearTwenty,CanIGetAThirty

#1576 10 years ago

Shit. Too rich for my blood. Looks like it's yours, Josh.

Quoted from jonogo:

#1577 10 years ago

I'm at $30!

#1578 10 years ago
Quoted from boomer:

I'm at $3000!

$3000?! IT YOURS!

#1579 10 years ago

Anyone know(or have) if Al from Pinball Warehouse has a list of his current machines in stock and prices? Hard for me to make it over to that side of the cities and like to see what he currently has in stock.

#1580 10 years ago

Is Kate Upton delivering it?

#1581 10 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Anyone know(or have) if Al from Pinball Warehouse has a list of his current machines in stock and prices? Hard for me to make it over to that side of the cities and like to see what he currently has in stock.

Not typically. You can try calling if you've got a few specific games in mind. But yeah, not an ideal website.

#1582 10 years ago
Quoted from boomer:

If Kate Upton came with the game, I'd keep it!

#1583 10 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

If you have a specific game in mind, I can ask his Webguy. I believe Al should have a new website soon and a more current inventory.

#1584 10 years ago

I will go $40 and some deli meats. Send it along with Josh please.

#1585 10 years ago

I'll do $100 if Josh delivers...

#1586 10 years ago

Wow, 2 of the 4 games on my short list come up for sale within a week of each other... when it rains it pours.
Anyone want to Maverick I just picked up on Sunday? I picked it up in a package deal to get my WWF. It needs to be cleaned. Missing a plastic or two, but I saw some spares in the coin box. DMD is VERY bright and looks nice. No credit dot. Game plays fine, but will be better after getting tuned up. I've played 5-10 games on it with no complaints.
I was planning to do the work myself in the next month or so, but then a NBAFB popped up. Potentially going to pick it up Sunday.

Dibs on the NBAFB if you get it at a decent price. Please hold onto it for 6-8 weeks while I recover from current deal.

#1587 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I'll do $100 if Josh delivers...

The game or the deli meat?

#1588 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Please hold onto it for 6-8 weeks

That's a good one... Maverick lasted.... 2 days?

#1589 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

That's a good one... Maverick lasted.... 2 days?

4 days and counting ...

#1590 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Dibs on the NBAFB if you get it at a decent price. Please hold onto it for 6-8 weeks while I recover from current deal.

Only thing preventing me from getting it at this point is a vehicle to pick it up ...

#1591 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

If you have a specific game in mind, I can ask his Webguy. I believe Al should have a new website soon and a more current inventory.

Excellent, have a few titles in mind I am curious to get prices or pictures if available. PM incoming!

#1592 10 years ago

Only thing preventing me from getting it at this point is a vehicle to pick it up ...

Jonogo Vehicle Rental Services.. Current rate : 1 Pin per trip. (will accept Maverick)

#1593 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Aaron lurks on here. Told him it's kinda creepy.

#1594 10 years ago

Anyone horse racing fans here? Specifically harness racing? I am Running Aces Handicapping Analyst there (Mr. Trifecta). Next time I am out there, if anyone wants to meet up, let me know.

#1595 10 years ago
Quoted from boomer:

Hopefully I get lucky seven working tomorrow! I found a large capacitor was shot and the part was supposed to come in today, but was missent.

http://imgur.com/6OAk3UY

The lights and relays are on different circuits, but here it is lit up.

#1596 10 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

Anyone horse racing fans here? Specifically harness racing? I am Running Aces Handicapping Analyst there (Mr. Trifecta). Next time I am out there, if anyone wants to meet up, let me know.

Do you know Rick of Rick's Picks?

#1597 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

Do you know Rick of Rick's Picks?

I sure do! Rick is a good guy. He has gotten better at harness racing over the years.

#1598 10 years ago
Quoted from boomer:

I hope so!

#1599 10 years ago

I'll do $40, some deli meats and a case of Shasta. I'd throw in some pepsi but that's for me and my sister.

Quoted from RustyLizard:

I will go $40 and some deli meats. Send it along with Josh please.

#1600 10 years ago

I'm gonna do a crisp never circulated 50.00 on that Maverick GL with the sale Tony!

There are 20,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.