1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 318 of 415.
#15851 3 years ago
Quoted from AudioHaven:

I've got a Turtles Pro minty w/ 400ish plays...not really wanting to sell it, but any chance you have anything you'd consider trading?

Player quality Simpson's pinball party?

That's about it unless you are looking for projects. I do have a super nice nba fastbreak with new cabinet decals... other than that, the lineup is pretty much cemented into the basement right now.

#15852 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Player quality Simpson's pinball party?
That's about it unless you are looking for projects. I do have a super nice nba fastbreak with new cabinet decals... other than that, the lineup is pretty much cemented into the basement right now.

Projects? Tell me more...any early SS Bally's??? Shoot me a PM if you want to save this tread from a bunch of back and forth.

#15853 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Raining hard here. Tornado warnings south east of here. Snow north of here. Only in Minnesota.
LTG : )

Yeah, my sump pump is going nuts from the melted snow and all the rain. I tell my wife I hate when the sump pump goes off, and the only thing I would hate more is the sump pump NOT going off, so....

#15854 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Yeah, my sump pump is going nuts from the melted snow and all the rain. I tell my wife I hate when the sump pump goes off, and the only thing I would hate more is the sump pump NOT going off, so....

that's why I wouldn't consider any house that was not up on a hill. If there was a cat tail within 3 blocks. That house could not be considered. basement space is far to valuable for a pin/arcade collector.

#15855 3 years ago

Yeah, heard my sump pump yesterday am.... same thing, hate to hear but love to know it’s pumping.

Now with 6-8” of new heavy wet snow. The gutters and sump will get a new workout

#15856 3 years ago

inbound for trade. Will be listing some for sale soon.
GB LE
MM Royal
MB LE
Avengers LE
TMNT LE

#15857 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's why I wouldn't consider any house that was not up on a hill. If there was a cat tail within 3 blocks. That house could not be considered. basement space is far to valuable for a pin/arcade collector.

Eh, I have as many protections in place as I can... The sump pump I installed has a second backup pump that is battery backed up. So if the first pump dies, the second kicks in. If the power is out, the second pump also kicks in. So far, so good... The second pump has only gone off 147 times (it keeps track) since I installed it a few years ago. The primary pump is on a dedicated circuit (that will make an audible alarm if tripped), and the backup is on a separate circuit.

I also have the sump pump discharge into a catch basin that takes all the water way to the back of my property. Makes the back a swamp during times like this, but is better than it coming back into the house.

I'd prefer being on a hill or on a sandy lot instead of the clay I have, but it wasn't something I thought of at the time. That said, I have about as many protections in place as I can, so knock on wood...

#15858 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Eh, I have as many protections in place as I can... The sump pump I installed has a second backup pump that is battery backed up. So if the first pump dies, the second kicks in. If the power is out, the second pump also kicks in. So far, so good... The second pump has only gone off 147 times (it keeps track) since I installed it a few years ago. The primary pump is on a dedicated circuit (that will make an audible alarm if tripped), and the backup is on a separate circuit.
I also have the sump pump discharge into a catch basin that takes all the water way to the back of my property. Makes the back a swamp during times like this, but is better than it coming back into the house.
I'd prefer being on a hill or on a sandy lot instead of the clay I have, but it wasn't something I thought of at the time. That said, I have about as many protections in place as I can, so knock on wood...

Sounds like you have it covered. Our builder set us up for one 16 years ago. I never installed a pump in it and heve never seen a drop of water in the pit.

#15859 3 years ago

ISO: Loaner SPIKE 2 CPU Node Board

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have a loaner board he/she would like to rent out for two months while my CPU board is out for repair? I have just one machine and it becomes a boat anchor once the original board comes out and is sent in for repair. I already asked John at PinballPlus but he has no spares. I thought *maybe* there is an operator in the region sitting on a SPIKE 2 title that is presently out of service for whatever reason and could be a temporary donor of the board.
All ideas/leads are welcome.
Thanks.

#15860 3 years ago

Let me know if you have a DP pro or premium that your tired of playing. Thank so much!

#15861 3 years ago

Bump - will discount price $100 ..... down to $5,700

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “HUO - I bought this NIB. Under 400 plays. Stern AC/DC Pro Vault Edition pinball machine. This is not the standard Pro version, this is the later 2017 release of the Vault editio...”
2021-03-06
Grafton, WI
Archived after: 14 days
Viewed: 527 times

#15862 3 years ago

Let me know if anyone has a nice Ghostbusters in the Greater Minneapolis area that they are looking to sell or trade. I have a High Speed in good condition I’d be willing to let go with a bag of cash for a nice GB if interested. Otherwise I’d buy straight out. Thanks y’all!

#15863 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

Let me know if anyone has a nice Ghostbusters in the Greater Minneapolis area that they are looking to sell or trade. I have a High Speed in good condition I’d be willing to let go with a bag of cash for a nice GB if interested. Otherwise I’d buy straight out. Thanks y’all!

brobra has one incoming

#15864 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

brobra has one incoming

He has it listed in the marketplace now. LE looks pretty nice and fair price.

#15865 3 years ago

Thanks guys. Beautiful machine. Guess I’ll be looking for a Pro. Haha

#15866 3 years ago

Still have the TMNT LE listed. May consider trades up down +\-.

Also headed down to Kansas in a few hours from now. Headed back up tomorrow around noon and should be in KC around 3, then pushing on from there up to Des Moines. Have room for a couple of games up and down. If it’s a stop and quick load, I’ll go 50 miles off 35 from north of Oklahoma City to MPLS. Thank you.

#15867 3 years ago

Please remind me of the Pinside handle of Chris, the operator from Des Moines.
He has worked as a support tech for Up-Down Des Moines and Up-Down Minneapolis in the past.
His avatar is Ben Stiller from - I *think* - Zoolander.
I would like to get in touch with him but I've forgotten his Pinside name and thus can't search my PM's for threads to him.
Thanks!

#15868 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Please remind me of the Pinside handle of Chris, the operator from Des Moines.

Chrizg

#15869 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Chrizg

Thanks, LTG!

#15870 3 years ago

WTB pinball machine. Interested in:
Diner
Whitewater
Wizard of Oz
Medieval Madness
Cirqus Voltaire
The Addams Family
Star Trek Premium
Willy Wonka
Guns N Roses
Judge Dredd
Tales from the Crypt
Open to Possible others

Please PM. Thanks!!!

#15871 3 years ago
Quoted from DBCpins:

WTB pinball machine. Interested in:

Contact brobra he's always got games coming and going.

#15872 3 years ago

Price drop to $5650

This is the Vault model, factory LED lighting, Improved Bell, Playfield artwork change etc. This was msrp of $6099 when released. Improved over the earlier standard Pro. I also added a Stern factory shaker to this game.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “HUO - I bought this NIB. Under 400 plays. Stern AC/DC Pro Vault Edition pinball machine. This is not the standard Pro version, this is the later 2017 release of the Vault editio...”
2021-03-06
Grafton, WI

#15873 3 years ago

Also

Also planning on listing a nice Zaccaria Time Machine.

#15874 3 years ago

Going to be listing a nice version of this: Bacardi Cuba Libre, 1 of roughly 250 made. Some people go nuts for them.

#15875 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

A decent Creech is up, out of KC.
Also planning on listing a nice Zaccaria Time Machine. Currently for trade, any potentially a prototype Cap Pinball Magic in excellent condition.

He will not potentially be listing Pinball Magic for sale.

It is not a prototype. I have never advertised it as a prototype. To the best of my knowledge it is one of the first 20 sample machines. There are a number of differences compared to production, but it runs production code. Production machines have even more differences. One of them is that they have a different setup for the dmd which this does not.

Brobra and I traded this weekend. I did offer my Pinball Magic up for trade. He opted to do a different trade. At no point has he owned it. At no point was it offered for sale to him. He did however take pictures of the machine while looking at it. I do not appreciate someone trying to sell something I own without asking.

#15876 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

He will not potentially be listing Pinball Magic for sale.
It is not a prototype. I have never advertised it as a prototype. To the best of my knowledge it is one of the first 20 sample machines. There are a number of differences compared to production, but it runs production code. Production machines have even more differences. One of them is that they have a different setup for the dmd which this does not.
Brobra and I traded this weekend. I did offer my Pinball Magic up for trade. He opted to do a different trade. At no point has he owned it. At no point was it offered for sale to him. He did however take pictures of the machine while looking at it. I do not appreciate someone trying to sell something I own without asking.

I apologize for the misunderstanding. Thank you

#15877 3 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Partially restored (almost original) - “Cuba libre head to head pinball games. Around 251 made and many were exported. This one is complete, sans the cardboard bottles, and nice find. The original game was battery operat...”
2021-08-08
Minneapolis, MN
1,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 1058 times

#15878 3 years ago

Anyone thinking about selling their Guns N' Roses (SE) ? New one isn't quite in my budget yet, but maybe someone around the Twin Cities is looking to sell theirs?

#15879 3 years ago
Quoted from BadgeringBadger:

Anyone thinking about selling their Guns N' Roses (SE) ? New one isn't quite in my budget yet, but maybe someone around the Twin Cities is looking to sell theirs?

The sad thing is every one I've seen for sale cost more than a brand new one

#15880 3 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

The sad thing is every one I've seen for sale cost more than a brand new one

That's sort of what I'm expecting, but it can't hurt to ask, I can wait until there's more new stock available. I guess I'd also consider a The Simpsons Pinball Party or Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Pro) as games I'd love to own, that are a bit newer than what I already own

#15881 3 years ago
Quoted from BadgeringBadger:

That's sort of what I'm expecting, but it can't hurt to ask, I can wait until there's more new stock available. I guess I'd also consider a The Simpsons Pinball Party or Iron Maiden: Legacy of the Beast (Pro) as games I'd love to own, that are a bit newer than what I already own

I do have a new gnr se ready to go. Let me know if you have anything you would like to trade in and we can see if we can get you closer to your comfortable price.

[email protected]

#15882 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I do have a new gnr se ready to go. Let me know if you have anything you would like to trade in and we can see if we can get you closer to your comfortable price.
[email protected]

Grab that SE. they’re hot. I’ve found that if you flinch, you miss a lot of good games.

#15883 3 years ago

The newly built Big Lebowski has just arrived and is up for sale as my circumstances have changed since I first ordered it. Details below.

Machine - For Sale
The Big Lebowski Archived
NIB - New in box (distributor/business) - “Brand new in the box The Big Lebowski for sale. Being a game that was just built it should have all the following upgraded parts: 1. Improved cable harness Cabinet and Bowling All...”
2021-03-16
Lakeville, MN
Archived after: 55 days
Viewed: 2898 times
Contributed for this NIB listing

#15884 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Grab that SE. they’re hot. I’ve found that if you flinch, you miss a lot of good games.

This is a real thing. Literally a few hours after this post I get a call from a non pinside customer and now this one is gone. Keeping games in stock is an actual challenge right now (cue the pity party music for me please).

Here is a list of in stock games

Zeppelin pro
Avengers pro
Avengers premium
Tmnt premium
Jurassic pro
Hot wheels.

Gnr le are still available for pre-order

Most stern titles are a couple months out or sold out already. On order titles available include

Maiden pro / premium
Elvira
Batman 66
Zeppelin premium

Thanks as always guys

#15885 3 years ago

Price drop to $5650

This is the Vault model, factory LED lighting, Improved Bell, Playfield artwork change etc. This was msrp of $6099 when released. Improved over the earlier standard Pro. I also added a Stern factory shaker to this game.

I may end listing soon. Only have had a couple low ball offers from cross country. This is being overlooked. Lack of inquiries is surprising, This is the better Vault model and like new. Check the ad listing for details.... 25 minutes North of Milwaukee just off I43

Machine - For Sale
2021-03-06
Grafton, WI

#15886 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Lack of inquiries is surprising, This is the better Vault model and like new

I think the challenge here is that there were earlier models of the Pro with mostly similar gameplay experience for about $1k less. I didn't even know this model existed without the giant Angus face until I saw yours. I really like this one better than the original Pros. What I have seen as of late as well is that Stern Era games without LCDs are hovering in the low to mid 4's because you are creeping up to the pricepoint of the LCD era games when you hit the $5k mark.

Good luck with your sale, looks like a really cool version of the game!

#15887 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Looking for one of the following, with price listed for what I am willing to pay for a nice example....
Hot Wheels- $5500
Ninja Turtles Pro- $5300
Maybe a few other Stern Pros if the price is right.

Bumping this up.... Leaning towards Turtles over Hot Wheels..... Willing to drive throughout the upper Midwest for the right machine. Nothing to trade now, unless someone is looking for a really nice NBA Fastbreak....

Machine - For Sale
NBA Fastbreak Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Completely tore this machine down in 2019, and it has collected dust in my basement since the restore. The basics- Full teardown, new cabinet decals, new legs/levelers, brand new ...”
2021-03-12
Sullivan, WI
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 603 times

#15888 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Bumping this up.... Leaning towards Turtles over Hot Wheels..... Willing to drive throughout the upper Midwest for the right machine. Nothing to trade now, unless someone is looking for a really nice NBA Fastbreak....
[Ad embed: this ad was deleted]

I seriously love my TMNT. I will +1 that. I personally hate HotWheels. But I also love BKSoR Premium over pro. So. I am automatically wrong. lol

#15889 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I think the challenge here is that there were earlier models of the Pro with mostly similar gameplay experience for about $1k less. I didn't even know this model existed without the giant Angus face until I saw yours. I really like this one better than the original Pros. What I have seen as of late as well is that Stern Era games without LCDs are hovering in the low to mid 4's because you are creeping up to the pricepoint of the LCD era games when you hit the $5k mark.
Good luck with your sale, looks like a really cool version of the game!

Hey Tim - if you can grab nice DMD sterns in low to mid 4's grab em ! Nice - Low Play HUO Stern titles that are not too old are 5K and up all day right now. Sold my Metallica in about 10 minutes, likewise Ghostbusters awhile back sold instantly. I pretty much have my games priced spot on for light HUO condition and they usually sell instantly... But you are right - I think people are assuming this is just the plain ol Pro AC/DC - the Vault edition is MUCH better - Improved bell, all factory LED lighting etc. Estimate I have read somewhere is only about 200 of this nice vault Edition Pro were made. They cost more than the earlier ones. MSRP was $6099. People just may not be aware of the difference of this model.

The game I have up for sale is mint and pricing is in there for the Vault edition... Probably has been overlooked by many because they don't realize the difference. It's a winner. Very low plays and like new.

#15890 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Hey Tim - if you can grab nice DMD sterns in low to mid 4's grab em ! Nice - Low Play HUO Stern titles that are not too old are 5K and up all day right now

For real? What is going on with the market? I literally just passed on a HUO Metallica, HOU Aerosmith, and HUO Star Trek Pro for $4500 each, all within the last month..... That's crazy, I should have snatched them up... LOL

Anyways, here's a bump for your AC/DC. It really is a cool looking version of a super fun game. AC/DC has kicked my ass on more than one occasion.

#15891 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

For real? What is going on with the market? I literally just passed on a HUO Metallica, HOU Aerosmith, and HUO Star Trek Pro for $4500 each, all within the last month..... That's crazy, I should have snatched them up... LOL
Anyways, here's a bump for your AC/DC. It really is a cool looking version of a super fun game. AC/DC has kicked my ass on more than one occasion.

He's correct on the later Stern DMD games....TWD, GB, IM, etc.

#15892 3 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

I seriously love my TMNT. I will +1 that. I personally hate HotWheels. But I also love BKSoR Premium over pro. So. I am automatically wrong. lol

I have both and both are great machines for different reasons (to me, of course) -- TMNT is fast and you're chugging through modes with the added bonus of asymmetrical turtle bonuses to give some cool variety. Hot Wheels though is slower but has so many distinct things you can do (rpm attack for shifting up to higher gears, the race where you're passing cars by hitting shots, building track pieces for MBs, or these Battles (modes)) and while turtles has some of these concepts too (upgrade or hurry up stuff), it's dwarfed by comparison. I like playing HW by focusing on one of those distinct areas in particular (winning the race is super fun, for instance) however, you could also legitimately do all simultaneously or mix and match per your goals.

Ultimately: I don't think you can go wrong with either!

#15893 3 years ago

#15894 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:Bumping this up.... Leaning towards Turtles over Hot Wheels..... Willing to drive throughout the upper Midwest for the right machine.

Why would you buy anything with such a kick ass location by you? The drafty cellar in watertown wisconsin has both hot wheels and TMNT.

Current line up:
Jurassic park premium
Elivira house of horrors premium
TMNT pro
Hot wheels
Iron maiden pro
Stranger things
Avengers premium
Guardian of Galaxy pro
Deadpool pro

#15895 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

This is a real thing. Literally a few hours after this post I get a call from a non pinside customer and now this one is gone. Keeping games in stock is an actual challenge right now (cue the pity party music for me please).
Here is a list of in stock games
Zeppelin pro
Avengers pro
Avengers premium
Tmnt premium
Jurassic pro
Hot wheels.
Gnr le are still available for pre-order
Most stern titles are a couple months out or sold out already. On order titles available include
Maiden pro / premium
Elvira
Batman 66
Zeppelin premium
Thanks as always guys

There was distro mentioned earlier that pulled their Maiden pre orders. The rumors were it's because of a parts shortage. Any truth to that from your perspective?

#15896 3 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Why would you buy anything with such a kick ass location by you? The drafty cellar in watertown wisconsin has both hot wheels and TMNT.
Current line up:
Jurassic park premium
TMNT pro
Hot wheels
Iron maiden pro
Stranger things
Avengers premium
Guardian of Galaxy pro
Deadpool pro

My favorite place for pinball and craft beer

#15897 3 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Current line up:
Jurassic park premium
TMNT pro
Hot wheels
Iron maiden pro
Stranger things
Avengers premium
Guardian of Galaxy pro
Deadpool pro

I get a whole different look when I go there to play pinball in my underwear as opposed to my basement.... On second thought, maybe not.... It IS Watertucky....

#15898 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Hey Tim - if you can grab nice DMD sterns in low to mid 4's grab em ! Nice - Low Play HUO Stern titles that are not too old are 5K and up all day right now. Sold my Metallica in about 10 minutes, likewise Ghostbusters awhile back sold instantly. I pretty much have my games priced spot on for light HUO condition and they usually sell instantly... But you are right - I think people are assuming this is just the plain ol Pro AC/DC - the Vault edition is MUCH better - Improved bell, all factory LED lighting etc. Estimate I have read somewhere is only about 200 of this nice vault Edition Pro were made. They cost more than the earlier ones. MSRP was $6099. People just may not be aware of the difference of this model.
The game I have up for sale is mint and pricing is in there for the Vault edition... Probably has been overlooked by many because they don't realize the difference. It's a winner. Very low plays and like new.

While I fully agree that the vault edition is much better than the original, the issue is with selling used in comparison to MSRP. Most of us would never pay that when buying new.

#15899 3 years ago

I mentioned the msrp to show this game cost more originally than the standard pro did. By quite a bit. It has more improvements and is a much better game. Just showing this is a different better edition and it did cost more than previous editions - it's a Vault. Some are not aware of the differences. Don't read in something that isn't there. Thank You.

Look at my feedback and history - typically when I list something it sells within minutes if not in the first day or two. So I don't think I'm far off the mark. This game : it's like brand new - very low plays, original owner, bought NIB. And it's the Vault. It's priced in the right the ballpark for that edition with under 400 plays....

Has a stern shaker too.

Here you go - I took off another fifty bucks. Now $5600 even

Machine - For Sale
2021-03-06
Grafton, WI

#15900 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Yup, you’re crazy for passing on those

There are 20,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 318 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/318?hl=badgeringbadger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.