1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 20,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 310 of 414.
#15451 3 years ago

Just started the Led Zeppelin stream. Game looks amazing. Flows like crazy, great rules and deep code for scoring, easy and hard shots. If someone likes Led Zeppelin and pinball this game won’t disappoint. The rgb side rail lights really make the playfield pop when they go nuts

#15452 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Can you let us know when it comes in? Thanks.

Just buy your own and then you don't have to worry....

#15453 3 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Just buy your own and then you don't have to worry....

That is why I want to play it first. Haven't been a fan of any of Ritchie's designs the last few years. Hoping he is back to form.

#15454 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

That is why I want to play it first. Haven't been a fan of any of Ritchie's designs the last few years. Hoping he is back to form.

From what little I saw of the stream, I think this is very much in line w Star Trek and some AC/DC mixed in with likely better ruleset so if you like those then this should fit.

I thought you were a big led zep fan? This looks like a safe buy at pro level for anyone that digs the theme

#15455 3 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Sure am tired of a couple of the local flippers driving prices to ridiculous heights in Minneapolis.

I’ll admit to buying and selling games and for sure reselling them. I can tell you, I put a considerable amount of time (driving, breaking down, driving, setting up, shopping the hell out of them, buying and replacing parts, fixing boards and components, cleaning them up, and making them nice.) so the games I bought, and the games I sell are very different. I also take risk that’s something is on the fritz, or missing something critical in the inspection, letting my money hang out there for a while, and dealing with some very rude folks in the process (mainly Craigslist). So I understand the frustration, but I can tell you, I don’t jerk people around. I come at them directly, and do what I say I’m going to do, I show up, and I get the spoils from my hard work.
If I end up with a solid example of a hard to find game, you bet your ass I’m pricing it accordingly. Like I said in the past, I think pinside price ranges are flat out wrong/low for some of the 80s/90s classics, especially when condition and production numbers are considered. Newer sterns should trade tighter, because there is so much supply and all the new kids want the latest and greatest and can’t have both. I’m about as far from a douche bag as you can get; I value my reputation, and I’m honest about what I know about a game; it’s history, how long I’ve owned it, etc...and I make it clear with sellers, if they ask, that I plan on cleaning up the game, and enjoying it, and eventually selling it. That’s what I do, and in the process, I get better at troubleshooting, shopping, and repairing games. Plus I get to enjoy all the A titles, and develop relationships with a lot of cool folks that share my passion. I’m not upset about the post. It’s totally valid, and yeah, I want to throw up in my mouth when I see terrible flips, but hey, the cream rises to the top, and the bad operators? Well, they end up lower than whale sh!t.

#15456 3 years ago

Here’s another gem. Was buying a game,
Pressed both flippers, and game consistently reset. The seller was installing Tesla power and had a long ass extension cord connected. I say “is the power ok?”. He assures me it is. So we negotiate $200 off the price. (Could be power driver board low voltage, etc.)....
Fast forward, I get home, game works perfectly. No resets.
I send that guy $200 back. Boom.

#15457 3 years ago

Pawn shop STTNG is up on CL.
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#15458 3 years ago
Quoted from e-rock:

Pawn shop STTNG is up on CL.
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Listed at 2k over book. Not shopped at all.
It’s 5200 on a good day, and a flip for 5600-6000 when complete. Needs at least 8 hours of work and a 100-200 minimum.

#15459 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Here’s another gem. Was buying a game,
Pressed both flippers, and game consistently reset. The seller was installing Tesla power and had a long ass extension cord connected. I say “is the power ok?”. He assures me it is. So we negotiate $200 off the price. (Could be power driver board low voltage, etc.)....
Fast forward, I get home, game works perfectly. No resets.
I send that guy $200 back. Boom.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think you need to defend yourself. You certainly have the right to do whatever you want and everyone is also entitled to their own opinions. With that being said, I wouldn’t want this thread to turn into the Brobra show. It’s all about balance.

#15460 3 years ago

Sounds good. Understood. Going dark.

#15461 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Sounds good. Understood. Going dark.

People can buy and sell games for whatever they want. Just my opinion but it was easy to see your buying up pins and listing them for more. Which is fine but the part that bugs me is when you come to the pinball community and ask us for pins to sell you. Why would I sell you anything so you can flip it to someone else for more money? I like my pins to go to people who really want them and usually pass my good deals right onto the person I sell them too.

#15462 3 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

People can buy and sell games for whatever they want. Just my opinion but it was easy to see your buying up pins and listing them for more. Which is fine but the part that bugs me is when you come to the pinball community and ask us for pins to sell you. Why would I sell you anything so you can flip it to someone else for more money? I like my pins to go to people who really want them and usually pass my good deals right onto the person I sell them too.

This will be my last post here for sometime, which I’m sure will be applauded. I see no point in explaining the value I bring in the right situations. To some what I offer is distasteful. To others, it’s a value, and gets them what they want without a lot of hassle or leg work. No hard feelings. But as Krupps stated eloquently; Give it a rest. Point well taken, and I won’t let the door hit my ass on the way out my best to all of you. Lovers and haters. Be well and turn the page.

#15463 3 years ago

I enjoy your posts brobra

#15464 3 years ago

"Boy.......that escalated quickly"

- Ron Burgundy

#15465 3 years ago

I’ve already been ejected from his new thread. I may have opened a little strong.

#15467 3 years ago

Anyone local have a Metallica master of puppets LE they wouldn’t mind moving? Cash or possible trade.

#15468 3 years ago
Quoted from BFGoodflip:

The drama continues... wu-tang!

Olympic torch flaming, we burn so sweet
The thrill of victory, the agony, defeat...

#15469 3 years ago

Yeah, I can’t help myself. I didn’t eject anyone, skink.
BFG, you act my like friend, so start acting like one.
And Thompson, I respect your opinion; You at least have a backbone to call it how you see it.
When I’m on the road or on the hunt, I reach out as a call to arms. I don’t hem and haw and jerk people around, say I’m coming and don’t, I don’t wait a week to close.
So for some, that want a decent price and don’t want the aggravation or someone their not comfortable with coming over, I’m a nice option.
And I’m crystal clear with my intent. I at least have integrity and honesty.
So that’s my rant. The horse is bloodied; and my ego is fine, but I’m still a little sore. Ward was a little hard on the Beaver.

#15470 3 years ago

Honest question Brobra- Do you enjoy pinball, or just making money from it? I think a lot of the pushback you seem to be getting comes from people who are in it as a hobby.

You keep mentioning book prices (what magic book is this?), game values, etc., and almost all of your posts are based on pricing or values.

Everyone is in this for their own reasons, and if your reason is to make money, that is cool- but you will find yourself without a base here to buy games and parts from pretty quick- especially when people see your asking prices on your sales.

Good luck on your travels!

#15471 3 years ago

Probably just got mod’ed for political content then (who knew bagging on POTUS to try and pick a fight on a pinball forum would have such a result?)

That said - toughen up dude. Don’t take things so personal. Its pinside.

#15472 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Probably just got mod’ed for political content then (who knew bagging on POTUS to try and pick a fight on a pinball forum would have such a result?)
That said - toughen up dude. Don’t take things so personal. Its pinside.

Thanks bro, my panties for bunched up, huh!?

#15473 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Honest question Brobra- Do you enjoy pinball, or just making money from it? I think a lot of the pushback you seem to be getting comes from people who are in it as a hobby.
You keep mentioning book prices (what magic book is this?), game values, etc., and almost all of your posts are based on pricing or values.
Everyone is in this for their own reasons, and if your reason is to make money, that is cool- but you will find yourself without a base here to buy games and parts from pretty quick- especially when people see your asking prices on your sales.
Good luck on your travels!

That’s a great question. I love pinball. I enjoy finding games, meeting collectors/hobbyists/enthusiasts. I like breaking games down, I like working with my hands. I like playing pins a lot.

I left a high paying career after 20 years and I’m sitting out a two year non-compete. I’m about 18 mos into it. So the extra income, is very attractive to me for survival. I wish I were in a position, to pass of better deals and trade games more equitably, and that’s a goal achieve.
I would like to continue to stay in pinball in some capacity. Ideally, designing games as my game design, game development, and intellectual property (patents) are well established and fit nicely with pinball. I suppose I’ve behaved a little obnoxiously, and little too overtly. That’s been made crystal clear, and lesson learned.
When I refer to book value, I’m referring to pinside price ranges. I’m not sure if newer sales prices are weighted more heavily into the averages that create the pinside range, but I suspect not, and therefore the older DMD games that I love and value, appear to have lower states ranges on pinside, than what the current market is. It’s an open secret that my settle prices are not the same as my ask. So I go artificially high on some stuff, just so I have to room to settle where I think I should. At the same time, if I have a nice example of something nice, or something I bought and invested money and a lot of time into, I think my time and that work has value. When I sell a pin to someone and they have an issue, I’m first to get that resolved. I’ve taken stuff back and I’ve made numerous repair trips to help folks out whether it was their fault, my fault, or an act of god. I bring a lot of great games up to this market. It’s a form of arbitrage; find something trading lower or not selling in a given market, and bring it to the market where it’s desirable and sells.
But at the end of the day, I’d love to offer up better deals. I’m looking for win-wins. A good operator wants to deal a couple of games, I’m a good known non-hassle buyer, and I can pass that off to someone else without feeling like I’m gouging them.
I’ve come to conclusion that my endeavors in that respect is controversial in this forum setting. That’s been made very clear to me.
I do want to get into making mods and designing pins. So hopefully, the flipping stuff is a means to a better end for me. I’m not trying to run around and screw people.
So I’m going to try and take a step back here, and just let the hobbyist trade stuff and pass off good deals to other hobbyists, and I can go about my business elsewhere. With that said, sometimes someone needs some cash and can’t wait for weeks to sell stuff, if you are offering up a good deal to help yourself in that regard, I’ll try to be a fast and fair as I can be. Thanks for keeping things in cheque. I’ve moved banter to my own thing, so I don’t clog up this thread. That seems more appropriate to me.

#15474 3 years ago

Meltdown officially over.

#15475 3 years ago

Selling my JP Premium. I think it's priced very fair considering all the mods. Not trying to gouge anyone with the current ridiculous pinball prices.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “This machine plays fast and flawless. It's dialed in and everything shoots well and works as it should. It's got a lot of really nice mods. It has very low plays. Pinstadiums in...”
2020-12-21
Sioux Falls, SD
8,000 (Firm)
Archived after: 15 days
Viewed: 880 times
Contributed to Pinside

#15476 3 years ago

First world problem: I looked for a Julie pachinko machine, and the first result was here: It was for sale in November of 2019, perfect price(Even had a hit counter) and all the fixings. In Illinois. I totally would have bought that machine.

Still got my Japanese girlie pinup machine from a pinsider for $100. Great addition to the man cave.

#15477 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Olympic torch flaming, we burn so sweet
The thrill of victory, the agony, defeat...

Behold the bold soldier, control the globe slowly
Proceeds to blow swingin' swords like Shinobi

Quoted from brobra:

Yeah, I can’t help myself. I didn’t eject anyone, skink.
BFG, you act my like friend, so start acting like one.

Dude...?

#15478 3 years ago

My apologies. I melted down and reacted poorly. Thanks for trying to lighten things up. At the time I felt like I was being stomped, while on the ground. That’s happened to after I took a couple of swing at two bros. Not my best moment, but I clocked them good. They also stomped me good. I’m human.

#15479 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

My apologies. I melted down and reacted poorly. Thanks for trying to lighten things up. At the time I felt like I was being stomped, while on the ground. That’s happened to after I took a couple of swing at two bros. Not my best moment, but I clocked them good. They also stomped me good. I’m human.

As someone who has hustled sales to support my other hobbies, motorcycles, I say more power to you. You have to put in the work to make $$$ and you aren’t doing it unfairly. I can never fault someone for being willing to put in the work to make $$$.

If you can find a deal, make some $$$ with your value and then sell to a willing person good for you!

Others may disagree with your approach but it’s not like you are ‘making’ people buy your games. It’s simple economics, supply and demand. Prices go up for things in short supply. You can pay the price or don’t but don’t complain about economics it’s a fact of life.

All of this is to say you have a formula that’s working for you and is offering value for sellers and buyers. Some may disagree but play your own game.

As a recent seller of a TZ I was happy with the higher prices being paid I wouldn’t have bought my TZ for what I sold it for but that’s because I didn’t want it ‘that’ badly.

#15480 3 years ago

I think we should all move on from the Brobra thoughts. Everyone has had a chance to voice their opinion and maybe it’s time to move back to the more positive aspects of pinball. I’ve never met Brobra, but have exchanged emails with him. While his posting may sometimes be a little too business/hustle focused, I certainly don’t have any reason to believe he is not well intentioned and a good guy. Let’s all coexist (peacefully) and move on.

#15481 3 years ago

I agree/ Let's move on...

Anyone have a Hoops for sale or trade?
I am getting ready to build one from scratch... but figured I would ask before I do so.

#15482 3 years ago

what happened? Someone color bomb a game with crappy colored LED's?

#15483 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Selling my JP Premium. I think it's priced very fair considering all the mods. Not trying to gouge anyone with the current ridiculous pinball prices.

Sale Pending!

Jurassic Park (Premium) - Modded

New!

HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “This machine plays fast and flawless. It's dialed in and everything shoots well and works as it should. It's got a lot of really nice mods. It has very low plays. Pinstadiums in...”

5 hours ago

Otsego, MN

8,000 (Firm)

NightTrain

Wow...that powdercoat is beautiful! Awesome color choice.

#15484 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It really is! sweet powder!

#15485 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Agreed that really makes that pin look awesome!

#15486 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

My apologies. I melted down and reacted poorly

I don't understand ANYONE questioning your dealings. This is life in America (as of today), capitalistic, and I pray it stays that way. If anyone else can buy a used machine and make it better, so be it. If not, you have to pay the master for his work... Keep at it. If you stay on non-compete for a few more years, maybe all the machines that need work will be made better. No apologies are required-maybe other than for your Vikings.

#15487 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Meltdown officially over.

Just a pointer if you really want to fit in. Posting three times in a row before anyone says a word is bad form. Say something, wait a while and see if a couple people respond and then add to the conversation.

#15488 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Just a pointer if you really want to fit in. Posting three times in a row before anyone says a word is bad form. Say something, wait a while and see if a couple people respond and then add to the conversation.

He (Brobra) has his own thread now with a total of 79 posts. As I write this, 59 of the 79 posts are posts Brobra made, so 3 in a row is pretty reasonable for him.

#15489 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

what happened? Someone color bomb a game with crappy colored LED's?

I believe most of my collection resembles that remark in your eyes.

#15490 3 years ago

Just a heads up guys. Wrestlemania is now down at District 1 in Stevens Point. We are working on getting more going on in the area. Stay tuned

#15491 3 years ago

I never have problem finding games... I also buy the junk that nobody else wants. Win win.

#15492 3 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I believe most of my collection resembles that remark in your eyes.

especially SS. that game needs to be under a spotlight to play.

#15493 3 years ago

Christmas Eve 2020. Though still closed for the virus. For the first time in too many years the Christmas and Hanukah lights shine through the gloom. Wishing everyone safe and happy holidays no matter how you celebrate. Enjoy the lights out there and grab a cookie and be of good cheer !
LTG : )

#15494 3 years ago

Merry Christmas to all my pinball friends.

#15495 3 years ago

Merry Christmas to my friends (and those I have yet to meet) local and far away.

#15496 3 years ago

Merry Christmas! Although I haven’t met all of you, you all certainly made my 2020 much brighter. Thanks for being part of Pinside and part of the local pinball community.

#15497 3 years ago

Merry Christmas to all the other regional Pinside addicts.

#15498 3 years ago

Merry Christmas Everyone!

#15499 3 years ago

Merry Christmas Wi/MN crew. Stay warm.

#15500 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Merry Christmas Wi/MN crew. Stay warm.

Watch for deer....tell your dad I said hi

There are 20,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 310 of 414.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/310?hl=brettv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.