1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 415.
#15051 3 years ago

Cleveland pub out in New Berlin Wisconsin has avengers premium out on location

#15052 3 years ago

If anyone knows/hears of a nice Flash Gordon, please keep me in mind. Probably cash but could potentially trade something. Or something on my wishlist (LOOKING AT YOU KRUPPS)

#15053 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I think I would go for flow then strategy. Speed doesn't matter since Im far from a good player.
I have played Fish tales, and no good gofers enjoyed those simply because they were different, even if I failed big time still enjoyed.
Nascar, and Indy 500 were ok but didn't catch me.
Owned and played Star Trek Prem/Pro, over played that, Elvis is ok but just seems off to me.
Thanks for the help.

I don't think a lot of the older games have the flow as much as they have the strategy. There are quite a few great classic games where you rip a spinner, but not a lot of them that bring the ball back to the flippers. It sounds like you may be on the lookout for some of the Bally/Williams era games. There is a DemoMan not too far from us at a fair price that would be a great flowing game that you would definitely get to jam on for awhile and see everything it has to offer.

Once this Covid shit dies down a bit, you are more than welcome to make the mile drive to my place to check out some other titles. Don't know if you have any time on Guardians or Star Wars Pro, but both of those move really quickly, and Star Wars has strategy miles deep. I have had a ton of games over the years, and can say each era has something to offer. If you have room in your place for a few games, you could definitely get 3-4 choice games from each era that would be about the same price as a couple of Stern Pros.

#15054 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I don't think a lot of the older games have the flow as much as they have the strategy. There are quite a few great classic games where you rip a spinner, but not a lot of them that bring the ball back to the flippers. It sounds like you may be on the lookout for some of the Bally/Williams era games. There is a DemoMan not too far from us at a fair price that would be a great flowing game that you would definitely get to jam on for awhile and see everything it has to offer.
Once this Covid shit dies down a bit, you are more than welcome to make the mile drive to my place to check out some other titles. Don't know if you have any time on Guardians or Star Wars Pro, but both of those move really quickly, and Star Wars has strategy miles deep. I have had a ton of games over the years, and can say each era has something to offer. If you have room in your place for a few games, you could definitely get 3-4 choice games from each era that would be about the same price as a couple of Stern Pros.

Ill send a PM this is why I enjoy these style forums, all of you are great. Thanks again.

#15055 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Feeling sad tonight over the loss of Pinsider Who-Dey.
Yeah, kind of OT, but I'm guessing many in this thread knew him from his busy posting routine.
Very nice guy! Really devoted to this forum. Always up here and always quick to reply to a PM.
Died *much* too young. I will miss him a lot! Go, Bengals!

Oh man that's sad news, he and I did business together. He was soooo nice. He will be missed.

#15056 3 years ago

A few games available in WI.
-A ‘like new’ Tornado Elite Fooseball. Pro/tournament model. Light kit. $2100 new, $1100.
-A 1950’s animated Horoscope vendor. (Pinside ad) Small footprint, beautiful original w/ stock of unopened boxes of original horoscope packets. Rare as hen’s teeth. Possibly the only working/complete model in existence. Topper. Works 100%. Great conversation piece.
-1958 Gtb Wagon Train wood rail. Original in great condition. Mechanically restored by a well known collector. (Pinside ad)

PM with questions.
Thanks for looking.
Dave

#15057 3 years ago

Guess pics don’t load here..so Pm for pictures.
Thanks
Dave

#15058 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:I have the itch to add a game or two. I have owned or played most of the spike 2. Thinking I should dip into the 70s to 90s, Id appreciate some advice from anyone that is willing to guide me. Helped a friend buy a late 60s EM but thats not my thing. Are there any good articles or forum posts breaking down where to start? IE avoid these or these are known for issues but always the same failure....
PM me if you have something thats up and running and near me.

The most important advice is that if you find a cheap Star Gazer or Quicksilver for sale you should pass on them and just let me know so I can quietly buy them and save you the trouble.

#15059 3 years ago

Congrats on the pickup. I'm open to any worthwhile/fun title - excluding EMs - priced fairly. I do frequently post Wanted ads for the games that interest me most, but that doesn't mean I have zero interest in the rest of the large catalog of fun games. Just less. Your pinhunting benefits from a larger network, I'm assuming. Things come your way now and then, a fringe benefit of being in the hobby for so long. Nothing comes my way. I have to dig and dig.

Nope. This pick up is from a cold call to an operator and an 11 hour round trip. I’m not sure what you expecting but if your looking for a “deal”, then your gonna have to dig. If you can’t seem to find deals, try trading you HUO to an operator for some old stuff next time. Get a game or two for what you have and maybe make a couple of those contacts. You gotta think outside the box if you really want to build a collection. Otherwise you can expect to take the loss on a sale and keep buying new 8n box and chalk the loss up to what you would have paid to play on location.

#15061 3 years ago
Quoted from Keylime:

Have yall seen this!?

Zach Menne talked about that in this weeks Pinball Podcast. I just don’t get the home pin. I think the price is too high for the market they are targeting.

#15062 3 years ago

There was a thread about it a week or so ago, I can’t find it even though I commented in it. Love the comic art. I think a home style game is awesome, but the price is higher than I would pay. Curious how well they sell for non pinball people. I’m surprised they haven’t don’t a home tmnt and aiq, because that would of sold.....

#15063 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

But what if someone puts color LEDs in their GI? If only someone could tell them why they are wrong and what to do with their pin.

what can I say. I want people to be able to actually SEE and play pins instead of looking at them from the otherside of the room. It's like having a car sitting for years that never gets driven. Whats the point?

#15064 3 years ago

Looking for a torched out Simpsons pinball party. I’m fine building it from the ground up.

#15065 3 years ago

Anyone selling 1980s era games? Looking in WI

#15066 3 years ago
Quoted from mr9865:

Anyone selling 1980s era games? Looking in WI

I exchanged an earthshaker this morning.
I’d let it go for under 3. It’s fully LED’d but I think it needs a 3rd flipper EOS. I’d pass it along for what I have into it. pM me if interested.

#15067 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Looking for a torched out Simpsons pinball party. I’m fine building it from the ground up.

What are your plans for this?

#15068 3 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

What are your plans for this?

Fix it and flip it? Seems he makes out good on simpsons lately.

#15069 3 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

I realize all prices are up but I passed on a nice TSPP for $5k less than 18 months back. The going rate now seems to be $6k+

#15070 3 years ago
Quoted from SevenEightyRacer:

That’s true. I actually like working on, building, and repairing games a lot. It helps me out in multiple ways.

#15071 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

I realize all prices are up but I passed on a nice TSPP for $5k less than 18 months back. The going rate now seems to be $6k+

I’ve seen ‘em go anywhere from 3000 to 7500. It’s is a great theme and a great playing game, but condition widely varies, like anything else.

#15072 3 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Nope. This pick up is from a cold call to an operator and an 11 hour round trip. I’m not sure what you expecting but if your looking for a “deal”, then your gonna have to dig. If you can’t seem to find deals, try trading you HUO to an operator for some old stuff next time. Get a game or two for what you have and maybe make a couple of those contacts. You gotta think outside the box if you really want to build a collection. Otherwise you can expect to take the loss on a sale and keep buying new 8n box and chalk the loss up to what you would have paid to play on location.

I stand corrected: your latest pickup did *not* just "come your way." Got it. An eleven-hour round trip is a hard-earned pinball deal! I doubt I could muster that. Interesting that you cold-called an operator. I've never thought to do that. As you say though: must think outside the box!

#15073 3 years ago

I stand corrected: your latest pickup did *not* just "come your way." Got it. An eleven-hour round trip is a hard-earned pinball deal! I doubt I could muster that. Interesting that you cold-called an operator. I've never thought to do that. As you say though: must think outside the box!

You're over thinking games too much. Pick one game you want and hold out for it. When it pops up, go check it out, spend 15 minutes max checking it over and grab it.

#15074 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You're over thinking games too much. Pick one game you want and hold out for it. When it pops up, go check it out, spend 15 minutes max checking it over and grab it.

This is what I do. Bring it home, play it a couple hundred times, and see if it’s a “keeper” or not.

#15075 3 years ago

This is good advice but I’d say don’t pick just one game. Pick six games your interested in and just buy one when any one of the six become available. Don’t sweat a couple of hundred bucks here and there. All of your agonizing isn’t worth trying to save a couple of hundred dollars. Plus, while your agonizing your not playing. If you don’t like what you picked up and it’s a newer Stern, I can almost guarantee someone around here will take it from you so long as it’s priced at market.

#15076 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

That is part of the key to success. Have cash ready and act fast. Gotta be a jumpin' jehosaphat.

#15077 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

This is good advice but I’d say don’t pick just one game. Pick six games your interested in and just buy one when any one of the six become available. Don’t sweat a couple of hundred bucks here and there. All of your agonizing isn’t worth trying to save a couple of hundred dollars. Plus, while your agonizing your not playing. If you don’t like what you picked up and it’s a newer Stern, I can almost guarantee someone around here will take it from you so long as it’s priced at market.

Agreed, although I understand him being a little gunshy after the TWD Pre craziness.

#15078 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Agreed, although I understand him being a little gunshy after the TWD Pre craziness.

I think the fix for that is to buy a Stern that was released in the last couple of years other than maybe Munsters or BKSoR.

#15079 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

That is part of the key to success. Have cash ready and act fast. Gotta be a jumpin' jehosaphat.

Solid advice. Show up prepared to buy, and ideally set the price range beforehand or be prepared to pay the ask, or minus a little.

#15080 3 years ago

So do any of you guys/gals organize or participate in virtual pinball tournaments?
Personally, I think it would be cool during these times to play with or against other members on this thread. Heck we could run a week or 2 weeks long scavenger hunt style tourney, where you have to play x number of said games and post your score. I don’t know, does that sound “cheesy”?!

#15081 3 years ago

Tip, offer 6550 on this and don’t jerk around, you’ll have a nice desirable game shipped to your door for straight up book value.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/105556

#15082 3 years ago

If whoever picked up that Slick Chick in the UP wants to do a quick flip, I’d be interested. Been on my want list.

#15083 3 years ago

In case you missed this post on the forum -- Secret Santa signup! Founded in Minnesota by our very own @LesManley, so let's represent MN and the midwest!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinside-2020-secret-santa-program-sign-up-through-nov-14th

I've done it since the start and it's a blast. And you don't even have to limit it to pinball stuff -- last year, my Santa sent me Fight Club soap, a board game, and a replica Multipass from The Fifth Element. I like getting surprises since my family prefers buying off of a list for some reason... and it's also fun searching your target's online history to see what they might like as a gift. The "reveal" thread is awesome to follow as well.

#15084 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

In case you missed this post on the forum -- Secret Santa signup! Founded in Minnesota by our very own LesManley, so let's represent MN and the midwest!

John does an amazing job with this.

I love seeing what everyone gets. And often surprised by what the senders find to gift their recipient with.

LTG : )

#15085 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Tip, offer 6550 on this and don’t jerk around, you’ll have a nice desirable game shipped to your door for straight up book value.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/105556

I’ve never bought from anyone other than local sellers. I’m curious about the shipping. Does the seller usually arrange all of the shipping, or is the buyer expected to arrange everything? How long does it take to ship something like this? A couple of days? A couple of weeks?

For anyone who sells and ships from the local area, just curious who you use and what is involved. When poking around on this site, it still looks like NAVL has a service where they show up, pad and wrap the game for you. Does anyone know if this is still a thing?

Thanks in advance for any info!

#15086 3 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Does the seller usually arrange all of the shipping, or is the buyer expected to arrange everything?

Each deal can be different. Sometimes seller arranges it, sometimes buyer does and seller opens door and lets shipper in.

Quoted from AAAV8R:

How long does it take to ship something like this? A couple of days? A couple of weeks?

Depending on where to where. Could be days. Could be weeks.

LTG : )

#15087 3 years ago

Alright someone sell/trade me a stern pro. You guys don’t need all of them. Have a WCS I can trade if that entices you. Hit my PMs.

#15088 3 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

I’ve never bought from anyone other than local sellers. I’m curious about the shipping. Does the seller usually arrange all of the shipping, or is the buyer expected to arrange everything? How long does it take to ship something like this? A couple of days? A couple of weeks?
For anyone who sells and ships from the local area, just curious who you use and what is involved. When poking around on this site, it still looks like NAVL has a service where they show up, pad and wrap the game for you. Does anyone know if this is still a thing?

I've had at least a couple hundred games come and go from here over the years. 99% of them through NAVL/STI. Most of them were games I was restoring so the owner made the arrangements coming and going.

Any other time, the buyer is normally the one making the arrangements.

Shipping normally runs 7 to 14 days, depending on where it's going. Shipping always seems to be around $450, give or take $50.

I can't say anything for their wrapping service. I've always wrapped and prepped the games for shipping myself.

#15089 3 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

I've purchased a couple of games I've had shipped, and both were handled by the seller. Both were from the east coast and took about 10 days to get here, give or take. I know people frown upon shipping games in general, and cash on glass is best though. Cost was about $400 each time if I recall. Both times they brought the game inside my house too, which was nice -- it's not expected (nor are they "supposed to"), but I had them bring it in a room right next to the front door so they didn't seem to mind.

#15090 3 years ago

Check fastenal too! Never used them but heard good things. Saves a lot of money but seller would have to package on a crate and bring the game to a location. You would then pick it up at the nearest fastenal location.

#15091 3 years ago
Quoted from madtown:

Check fastenal too! Never used them but heard good things. Saves a lot of money but seller would have to package on a crate and bring the game to a location. You would then pick it up at the nearest fastenal location.

Fastenal has ceased shipping in a lot of areas. When they are running, it's usually only $200 but it has to be palleted and wrapped, which not a lot of sellers will do.

For NAVL, you can pick it up at their depot and save a few bucks. I had two I picked up a few weeks back and it saved me $. Only costed $350 to get a game shipped from CA.

#15092 3 years ago

I’m kind of in the mood for some gtb wedge heads, pm me with any from the 60s.

On another note, I played about two games on an Avengers Pro recently. The shots were so tight but fast when hit. I love bells, whistles, and great toys, being the bally/WMS/midway snob I am; but from a shooter and entertainment perspective the game was tight. A great value.

#15093 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

On another note, I played about two games on an Avengers Pro recently. The shots were so tight but fast when hit. I love bells, whistles, and great toys, being the bally/WMS/midway snob I am; but from a shooter and entertainment perspective the game was tight. A great value.

I just got my AIQ Pro and I would say so far it is Elwins best shooting game as it is amazing but the rules are less intuitive than JP and it seems like it's missing some callouts to tell you what to do.

#15094 3 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I just got my AIQ Pro and I would say so far it is Elwins best shooting game as it is amazing but the rules are less intuitive than JP and it seems like it's missing some callouts to tell you what to do.

I didn’t get a chance to explore it thoroughly; but now that you mention that, that’s exactly what it was. I could track what to do by scanning for flashing inserts, but it was sort of overwhelming because you need to be an ace to hit. It’s like every shot is the IMDN left bumper field precision-shoot the gap; which interestingly enough, is similar to the right side boulder garden (sans ramp) orbit hit on a white water. I need to explore that game more; I can’t believe how lightning it fast it could be at 7 degrees

#15095 3 years ago

Looking for a winter project pin. Something SS or newer near or close to deaths door, or a basketcase in general. Let me know what you have. Thanks

#15096 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Thanks ChrisPINk25 for the solid hook up.

#15097 3 years ago

Anyone looking for an Avengers Infinity Quest LE? I may be looking to move mine or trade it for an AC/DC.

#15098 3 years ago

I’m looking for a NBA Jam. PM me if you want to part with one.

#15099 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone looking for an Avengers Infiniti Quest LE? I may be looking to move mine or trade it for an AC/DC.

Just not grooving with it?

#15100 3 years ago

You know when you hear about locations and barcades closing up due to the pandemic, its refreshing to post about a NEW location that just opened up. Im taking about Nerd Haven Arcade in Madison Wisconsin.

It's a new location that just opened up a few weeks ago im told. One of my pinball buddy went out Friday night and was so impressed, that he made me come back with him Saturday night. I had great experience there Saturday night. It's extremely rare for me to drive a hour to just play pinball. But it was worth it. Current game list:

MM royal edition
Attack from Mars special edition
Rick and Morty bloodsucker
TnA
Jurassic park premium
Munsters premium
Simpsons pinball party
Creature from the black lagoon
Threatre of magic
Addams family
Jungle lord
Spiderman (gottlieb)
Freedom (EM)
Pac man
Xenon
Lost world (bally)
Elektra
Space station
Cyclone
Twilight zone
Roadshow
Indiana Jones (williams)
Judge dread
Demo man
Potc (stern)
Game show
Flintstones
Champion pub
Hobbit (black arrow edition)
Wizard of oz
Willy Wonka LE

So here's the deal when you walk in. All pinball is on tokens and pay to play. The video games are on free play. You can walk in pay a 15 dollars for a day pass per person. Play as many video games as you want and they give 5 dollars in tokens for pinball for that 15 dollars. Or just play pinball pay as you go. Most of the bally williams and modern games are 75 cents or 3 tokens. A few are a buck a play. Early solid state and EM are 25 cents.

The video games were very nice titles. Not some one off rare games that nobody knows how to play. Just about 100 of the TRUE classic arcade games to play. Your sit down driver games, 1943, smash TV, mortal kombat, metal slug, ect. All video games work, none broken, all the marquees light up, screens crisp and clear. Buttons and joy sticks that fuction.

All the games play nice and when there was a issue with something the guys behind the counter were on top of it. Sure a couple games could of used a shop job or update the lighting. But for the most part all the games play pretty nice. Also its nice and pretty much right off the interstate. Less then 10 mintues into Madison. I never want to go that far in. Easy in and out and your on the freeway heading home.. Mask required at all times. I encourage people to check it out and support location pinball. I will be back again for sure.

There are 20,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/302?hl=aaav8r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.