1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 415.
#14151 3 years ago

I guess I will attempt to post it here then:
We are a mess. We need to clean our house. If people are coming in to protest and grieve with us - welcome! If you are coming in to just raze our city and spread pain - we don’t want you, please leave!

#14152 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

He probably wouldn't have been arrested if he wasn't suspected of passing counterfeit US Currency.

Gee why didn’t I think of that.

Brilliant point. Thanks for saying out loud what most of the racists are just thinking today.

What other relatively petty, non violent crimes do you think the death penalty without trial should be applied to?

#14153 3 years ago

Holiday gas station about 3/4ths of a mile north of me is closing at 7pm tonight.

I don't think they are expecting trouble out here yet. Probably all of the Holiday gas stations in the Twin Cities are closing at 7pm.

#14154 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Gee why didn’t I think of that.
Brilliant point.
What other relatively petty, non violent crimes do you think the death penalty without trial should be applied to?

Thanks. Counterfeiting isn't a petty crime. However, we have no idea if this was an intentional passing of a note or if he was a stooge just spending change he got from someone else.

#14155 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

He probably wouldn't have been arrested if he wasn't suspected of passing counterfeit US Currenc

I'm not really in that camp. I knew a guy who passed a couple of twenties that were bogus (did unknowingly) and they didn't arrest him. They did go to his home ask him about it and had him come downtown to talk with them but never arrested him. I also think they were federal agents that contacted him, either way there is no way this was ever supposed to occur in an instance like it did. Smacks of purposeful intent on the officer(s) part the way this went down.

#14158 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Don't troll me Levi, you've not heard me ever say anything about protest that were peaceful.
So you think looting and destroying property of innocent people is an acceptable way to affect change? As I said earlier I fully support those that want change and want to protest, the event was tragic to say the least but I do not support those who's sole purpose is the advancement of anarchy at others expense.

If people feel the social contract doesn’t apply to them, then they won’t apply to it. Kind of like those OG rowdy’s throwing tea into the Boston harbor.

Kaepernick had the right idea, and he was maligned and black-balled for it.

How exactly are you supporting those that want change and want to protest?

#14159 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Do you know who is maintaining this and do we know if it is actively being updated?

No idea.

LTG : (

#14161 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Well they tried peaceful kneeling, and if I recall you weren’t a huge fan of that either.

Such a huge strawman argument - nobody complained about protesters kneeling. People complained about people protesting while on the job. (sorry, I've seen that meme so many times, it annoys me).

#14162 3 years ago

I think it’s weird that the cop who shot George Floyd worked with George doing security at a downtown club for 17 years?So they knew each other right,they had to of how come we don’t hear about this on the news?(agenda)?

#14163 3 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

I think it’s weird that the cop who shot George Floyd

???

#14164 3 years ago

The cop has rightly been arrested and charged. This has nothing to do with protest anymore.

#14165 3 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

The cop has rightly been arrested and charged. This has nothing to do with protest anymore.

There’s still 3 more cops waiting to be charged.

There’s still hundreds of years of issues here being worked out.

Takes more than one arrest and a burned to the ground Arby’s to just flip the switch.

#14166 3 years ago

“Chauvin was our off-duty police for almost the entirety of the 17 years that we were open,” Santamaria recently told KSTP. She also says that Chauvin and George used to work the same shift and had most recently done so within the last year”

SANTAMARIA haha! The world is a stage!

Run by small white hats!!!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/mKDbf7VOhH8/maxresdefault.jpg

#14167 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s still 3 more cops waiting to be charged.
There’s still hundreds of years of issues here being worked out.
Takes more than one arrest and a burned to the ground Arby’s to just flip the switch.

How many wide screens = Justice?

#14169 3 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

How many wide screens = Justice?

Not only tvs, you need to loot some hospitals and clinics too, not to mention smash postal trucks and burn the post office down. The rioters are morons, next week they'll go back to their shitty life and do nothing to change their situation. Real change starts at home, I know plenty of folks that grew up with nothing and decided to do something about it. Unfortunately the new generation thinks everything should be handed to then.

#14170 3 years ago

Excessive force is nothing new, we just got video of it this time.

That being said, rioting is never a proper response. Protesting, yes, but not burning and pillaging.

Though it does let off steam, like the bonfire on that one episode of MASH. Doesn't excuse it however. How can they not see their actions reinforce negative stereotypes? Two wrongs don't make a right and all that?

Still, can the average pinball enthusiast even imagine himself in the plight of the racially oppressed?

#14172 3 years ago

Oh, and there’s this:

“Minnesota’s governor has warned of outside influence on protests...he has suggested it might be that of white supremacists or cartels.“ (WaPo)

#14173 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Oh, and there’s this:
“Minnesota’s governor has warned of outside influence on protests...he has suggested it might be that of white supremacists or cartels.“ (WaPo)

Politicians gonna politic.

#14174 3 years ago

Not looking good for tonight.

People in the effected areas are encouraging people on Facebook who are living close, to leave their lights on. And sit on their front porches or lawns to deter looters.

Many suburbs are imposing curfews and adding more police patrols.

And Pentagon Invokes The Insurrection Act of 1807 Orders The Army To Be Prepared To Deploy US Military Police To Quell Soros-Funded Riots In Minneapolis.

Anyone close to this, try and stay safe.

#14175 3 years ago

Oh, and there’s this:

It sounds like most of the damage caused is by outside provocateur's. Nearly everyone arrested is from out of State.

This guy doesn't appear to be a protestor and is stirring up trouble.

#14176 3 years ago

Rumor is that guy is an off duty cop.

#14177 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Already proved it wasn't the suspected St. Paul police officer.

LTG : )

#14178 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Quoted from LTG:

Already proved it wasn't the suspected St. Paul police officer.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/verify/fact-checking-photos-claims-minneapolis-protests/507-d170e1dd-e8a4-4c8e-af79-1a8165a73b68 Read the police report about it.

LTG : )

#14179 3 years ago

I hate to say this LTG but the fact that they allowed them to burn a precinct without consequence will only embolden them to pursue even more senseless violent acts.

#14180 3 years ago

Oh, and there’s this:

Quoted from MikeS:

It sounds like most of the damage caused is by outside provocateur's. Nearly everyone arrested is from out of State.

Guys, not here to pick a fight, but there are so much unsubstantiated news and rumors out there about these protests.

MikeS One of our local stations did a fact check which proves your claim isn't true.

https://www.kare11.com/mobile/article/news/investigations/kare-11-investigates-records-show-arrests-mostly-minnesotans-as-george-floyd-protests-riots-continue-minneapolis-st-paul/89-73f3e0e8-0664-41d5-8d3e-4467d04da7cb

#14181 3 years ago

I don’t see a police report to read, I see a video of a white guy smashing windows out of an autozone and tweet from the police department saying it wasn’t their guy. The picture they blurred out looks surprisingly like the guy in the video, that said I hope you are right.

#14182 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

This is completely fucked up.

#14183 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Guys, not here to pick a fight, but there are so much unsubstantiated news and rumors out there about these protests.
Mikes One of our local stations did a fact check to prove your claim isn't true.
https://www.kare11.com/mobile/article/news/investigations/kare-11-investigates-records-show-arrests-mostly-minnesotans-as-george-floyd-protests-riots-continue-minneapolis-st-paul/89-73f3e0e8-0664-41d5-8d3e-4467d04da7cb

Mikes One of our local stations did a fact check which proves your claim isn't true.

read my post again. I never claimed he was an officer. Just said he didn't appear to be a protestor and was a provocateur stirring up trouble.

#14184 3 years ago

More info from todays press conference inferring that these riots are being started by outsiders

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeiklebnikov/2020/05/30/every-person-arrested-in-saint-paul-last-night-was-from-out-of-state-mayor-says/ Every Person Arrested In Saint Paul Last Night Was From Out Of State, Mayor Says - Forbes

#14185 3 years ago

I'm not sure what city this is but it appears to be more outsiders doing damage while the protestors are telling them to stop.

https://twitter.com/Patriot_Anon1/status/1266762924741267462?s=09

#14186 3 years ago

I believe that was Eugene Oregon.

#14187 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

read my post again. I never claimed he was an officer. Just said he didn't appear to be a protestor and was a provocateur stirring up trouble.

Mike,

I reread your post. You stated "It sounds like most of the damage caused is by outside provocateur's. Nearly everyone arrested is from out of State."

How did I misread your post with my reply? The local news directly states that nearly everyone that was arrested in Minneapolis IS from the state of Minnesota. It was fact checked.

#14188 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

More info from todays press conference inferring that these riots are being started by outsiders
https://www.forbes.com/sites/sergeiklebnikov/2020/05/30/every-person-arrested-in-saint-paul-last-night-was-from-out-of-state-mayor-says/ Every Person Arrested In Saint Paul Last Night Was From Out Of State, Mayor Says - Forbes

KARE11 on air now checking Hennepin County (Minneapolis) jail finding a lot of MN residential arrest records (A.J. Lagoe) despite officials saying otherwise.

But honestly I don't care if they are MN or not MN, it needs to stop happening now.

#14189 3 years ago

And he probably wouldn't have died if he hadn’t been murdered.

Agreed.

#14191 3 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Mike,
I reread your post. You stated "It sounds like most of the damage caused is by outside provocateur's. Nearly everyone arrested is from out of State."
How did I misread your post with my reply? The local news directly states that nearly everyone that was arrested in Minneapolis IS from the state of Minnesota. It was fact checked.

My bad. I thought you were referring to the umbrella guy. Will be interesting to see more data when it is released and who was arrested for what acts as well as where they are from.

I think you have to be wary of outside instigators whenever there are protests. Our former Governor even considered hiring them to put a negative spin on what were peaceful protests at the time.

https://www.thenation.com/article/archive/why-did-wisconsin-governor-scott-walker-participate-discussions-about-disrupting-peacefu/

#14192 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I hate to say this LTG but the fact that they allowed them to burn a precinct without consequence will only embolden them to pursue even more senseless violent acts.

I understand.

I do wonder if they simply didn't have the manpower to stop it. Short of using lethal force.

This wasn't just one area they had to worry about.

I don't know if there is anyway to even prepare for how quickly it got out of hand.

#14193 3 years ago

Stores are boarded up two blocks from my house tonight. Those stores are about two miles from Lake/Lyndale where a gas station is still smoldering. Helicopters are circling. Makes me wonder if I need to stay up tonight. How far will the protests and violence spread?

#14194 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

My bad. I thought you were referring to the umbrella guy. Will be interesting to see more data when it is released and who was arrested for what acts as well as where they are from.
I think you have to be wary of outside instigators whenever there are protests. Our former Governor even considered hiring them to put a negative spin on what were peaceful protests at the time.
https://www.thenation.com/article/archive/why-did-wisconsin-governor-scott-walker-participate-discussions-about-disrupting-peacefu/

No problem Mike.

I agree with you - there are definitely outside influences in most large protests. It's too bad that there are people in this world that grasp at any opportunity to ruin the lives of others.

#14195 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I understand.
I do wonder if they simply didn't have the manpower to stop it. Short of using lethal force.
This wasn't just one area they had to worry about.
I don't know if there is anyway to even prepare for how quickly it got out of hand.

I also suspect this to be the case. Lack of manpower coupled with unclear marching orders. I think it was night 2 that was the first National Guard night and they didn't have clear orders of what exactly they were supposed to do until something like 4 am when things were winding down. Night 3 everyone had clear roles, and it was one of the largest National Guard presence ever in the state, and they were still overwhelmed. Nat guard isn't a police force, they were/are there specifically to protect gov buildings, firefighters, EMS, etc... and support police (i.e. use vehicles to block roads and the like). Police back off, they back off.

Tonight roads closed, maxxed out Nat Guard deployment...I suspect they will still be overwhelmed.

Every night, the effort is ratcheted up significantly. Every night it isn't sufficient. Hindsight being 20/20, they should have been far more proactive. But other than a huge presence, I don't really know what the police and security forces can do here without there being mass injuries.

I am open to listening to suggestions on that, (not that I have the power to do much more than sit at home clutching my pearls).

#14196 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

I don’t see a police report to read, I see a video of a white guy smashing windows out of an autozone and tweet from the police department saying it wasn’t their guy. The picture they blurred out looks surprisingly like the guy in the video, that said I hope you are right.

Police denied it was him. The umbrella cops ex Girlfriend confirmed it is in fact him. I don’t know the truth, but it sure seems that guy had a plan to inside, came prepared and with a plan. Wish someone had ripped his mask off.

#14197 3 years ago

[Ad embed: this ad was deleted]

Anyone interested in a desoldering iron?

#14198 3 years ago

Moderator's comment:

Folks, what's happening in Minnesota is terrible, but please keep in mind that this is a regional for-sale thread--not a current events thread. Please keep things on topic.

#14199 3 years ago

My condolences to the family of Mr Floyd and to all the people being affected by the traged and aftermath that is still unfolding. Stay smart and safe everyone.

There are 20,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 284 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/284 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.