1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 20,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 414.
#13951 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Thank you for the kind words my friend.
I hope they all make it. We lost one a few days ago.
LTG : )

Yeah I heard about that. I hope as many as possible make it. I'll be out there too spending money when you open back up, and you will..

#13952 3 years ago

Lloyd all of these business's that are coming back currently are following some written guidelines by MDH , are you looking at any of that stuff? , when you reopen will it look different like machines spaced out differently? I'm hoping summer weather will kill all this wuhan virus off , but i suspect a new normal of doing business might happen for awhile and looking at opportunities to help the bottom line will require some flex in the short term

#13953 3 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

Lloyd all of these business's that are coming back currently are following some written guidelines by MDH , are you looking at any of that stuff?

I've got some ideas beside disinfecting games, quarters, etc. I have 5 pool tables, maybe only use two. #1 and #3 or #5 and #3 . Ask people to keep a couple games between them and others when playing pinball. I think most will cooperate or I'll have to turn some off, move some. And there might be a limit on how many in here at a time. Which except in winter when it's common to have all the pool tables going. Usually when I'm normal busy there is around 10 or 12 people in here.

These are just my ideas. The state might have other ideas.

#13954 3 years ago

I would just like to thank you Lloyd for all you do for us

#13955 3 years ago

Have a Gold Strike for sale. Would entertain trade+cash for an Iron Maiden LE or will sell outright.

#13956 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Minnesota's stay at home is extended from May 4th to May 18th.

This keeps arcades and barcades, etc. closed until then. At least.

How long until business owners just say screw the order and open up anyway?

#13957 3 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

How long until business owners just say screw the order and open up anyway?

Depends on what the penalty is.

And if you are open when you shouldn't be and somebody gets the virus in your business, I would imagine the lawsuits would kill you defending them win or lose.

I have trouble wrapping my head around why I can't have say 10 people in here at a time, with precautions in place. When wallyworld and places can have hundreds or people shopping ?

#13958 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Depends on what the penalty is.
And if you are open when you shouldn't be and somebody gets the virus in your business, I would imagine the lawsuits would kill you defending them win or lose.
I have trouble wrapping my head around why I can't have say 10 people in here at a time, with precautions in place. When wallyworld and places can have hundreds or people shopping ?

officials making policy calls with fears of liability to them, on a contagious virus that could go badly? and a hyper warped media machine that cash's in on fear peddling

a poisonous environment to small business , but wallyworld is very big they have lawyers and marketing

#13959 3 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

officials making policy calls with fears of liability to them, on a contagious virus that could go badly? and a hyper warped media machine that cash's in on fear peddling

a poisonous environment to small business , but wallyworld is very big they have lawyers and marketing

Reminds me of when the no smoking started. I didn't make money on growing tobacco, making cigarettes, selling cigarettes, licenses to sell cigarettes, tax on cigarettes, etc. etc. But I could be fined up to $10K for each person caught in my business smoking.

And you know they'd make an example out of the little guy. Not all the others profiting off of it.

#13960 3 years ago

if you want the truth of the matter .... just follow the money, ask yourself who's getting paid by this behavior and you will be closer to that truth right.

#13961 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Because those places are paying BIG property taxes and the state is getting BIG sales tax. Your just invisible Lloyd.

#13962 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is this an invitation for a conversation, or more a statement that you don't agree with the logic?

#13963 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Is this an invitation for a conversation, or more a statement that you don't agree with the logic?

Hell if I know.

#13964 3 years ago

I went to the Burnsville Costco earlier tonight and saw the sign out front that masks will be required starting 5/4 and “Any member not complying will be denied entry”. I had to ironically chuckle as I walked into their store, carrying a gun that could kill 16 people in 16 seconds, but in a few days, my breathing will deny my entry.

#13965 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Please don't go political in this thread.

#13966 3 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I went to the Burnsville Costco earlier tonight and saw the sign out front that masks will be required starting 5/4 and “Any member not complying will be denied entry”. I had to ironically chuckle as I walked into their store, carrying a gun that could kill 16 people in 16 seconds, but in a few days, my breathing will deny my entry.

I think Menards is implementing the same thing. I'm bias to Home Depot because my cousin works procurement at the national level so I like to keep it in the family. I went there today with pinballplusMN to grab a few things to get his lawn in shape for the summer. I stood on the X's outside by myself waiting to get in line like it was a night club and was in line for returns. I felt a little bad because they had signs up saying to try to not return stuff; but I was there two days ago and the signs were not up so I figured it was ok. It's nice to see they doubled their return policy lead time.

Anyway, we basically grabbed an empty cart and went immediately to the checkout which was backed up halfway through the garden center. Meanwhile I ran around gabbing everything needed, fertilizer, spreader, extra dirt, seed etc while advancing towards the checkout. By the time we got everything still had a few minutes to spare.

It seems like a mixed bag of who wears masks and who doesn't. This goes for employees and customers. It seems about 50/50 for employees and 60/40 with 60% customers wearing masks.

#13967 3 years ago

Anyone by chance have an Iron Miaden LE they wouldn’t mind parting with?

#13968 3 years ago

Looking for excellent condition on these games. Paying top $ for them.
TZ, WH20, IJ. PM me if you are interested selling. I’m loaded up and the trigger finger is a little itchy.

#13969 3 years ago

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Brought my price down to $1000 for the House of the Dead arcade. I need this gone for space and funds. Lemme know if interested.

Added over 4 years ago:

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#13970 3 years ago

For sale or trade soon - players Addams Family with colorDMD, almost perfect TZ with colorDMD, standard MMr with color chip. Got all three on a trade. Looking for new Elvira or Stranger Things, other newer games, Fish Tales or STTNG. Also would trade wonka/pirates JJP playfields for arcade or pins.

Will contribute any pinside fees associated with sales/trades of this post

#13971 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone by chance have an Iron Miaden LE they wouldn’t mind parting with?

i have a premium if you don't find an le.

#13972 3 years ago

If anybody is passing through Sioux Falls, I'm definitely willing to wheel and deal to get my Apollo Moon Shot moved out. Can also add a bit of cash to trade up for something in the late numeric / early alphanumeric timeframe. I've decided that EM's and I just shouldn't co-habitate.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/89549

#13973 3 years ago

In need of a solid state project if anyone is willing to let something go. Thanks

Project found.

#13974 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Going nuts in need of a solid state project if anyone is willing to let something go. Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/630406413802349/permalink/1589710451205269/?sale_post_id=1589710451205269

#13975 3 years ago

I have a Crusin' World sit-down driving arcade for sale in Neenah, WI for $700.

appleton.craigslist.org link

Added over 4 years ago:

Game has sold

#13976 3 years ago

Somewhat off topic but I have a friend who has a couple kids who are interested in a used skill claw machine if anyone knows one available or a local MN/WI operator who has extra available. I see a couple on MPLS CL now not sure if any of those belong to fellow Pinside folks or not. If anyone knows of any leads feel free to send me a message and I can pass the information along.

#13977 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I see a couple on MPLS CL now not sure if any of those belong to fellow Pinside folks or not.

Gary Southward. Not on Pinside.

#13979 3 years ago

I have an extra COOL WHITE (5700k) Addams Family Pinshaker Thing light board. If anyone local is interested $20, otherwise add $8 for shipping.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1206-pinshakers/03613-the-addams-family-thing-led-light-board

#13980 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Somewhat off topic but I have a friend who has a couple kids who are interested in a used skill claw machine if anyone knows one available or a local MN/WI operator who has extra available. I see a couple on MPLS CL now not sure if any of those belong to fellow Pinside folks or not. If anyone knows of any leads feel free to send me a message and I can pass the information along.

Quoted from LTG:

Gary Southward. Not on Pinside.

Many of those CL posts are Gary. He lists himself in White Bear Lake, but the drive to his place from the cities seems more like you are heading to Duluth. It is a hike. Most of his stuff are projects too, so if you want something that works, he probably isn't the best option.

#13981 3 years ago

That's a bummer about NE arcade closing. I wanted to get my dad and brother out there to play Genie. We bought Genie for my dad's birthday back in 1987. He was really into pinball in college dropping tons of coins into King's and Queens at Manning's back around 1969. We had Genie for about one month when the super storm of 87 rolled in and deposited 8 feet of water in our basement destroying Genie. It would be fun to get some time on it again.

#13982 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

That's a bummer about NE arcade closing. I wanted to get my dad and brother out there to play Genie. We bought Genie for my dad's birthday back in 1987. He was really into pinball in college dropping tons of coins into King's and Queens at Manning's back around 1969. We had Genie for about one month when the super storm of 87 rolled in and deposited 8 feet of water in our basement destroying Genie. It would be fun to get some time on it again.

I think he has it listed or has mentioned he was selling it.

#13983 3 years ago

Yup, it is a great deal. I'm not in a place to drop that much on a machine right now but someone will get a nice machine.

#13984 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Many of those CL posts are Gary. He lists himself in White Bear Lake, but the drive to his place from the cities seems more like you are heading to Duluth. It is a hike. Most of his stuff are projects too, so if you want something that works, he probably isn't the best option.

That's good to know. Thanks!

Ironically the friend lives up by North Branch. However I don't think they will be looking for a project so this will probably be a no-go.

I've met Gary several times over the last 15 years never to buy or sell nor have I done business with him so can't form an opinion about him one way or another from a transaction perspective.

#13985 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

That's good to know. Thanks!
Ironically the friend lives up by North Branch. However I don't think they will be looking for a project so this will probably be a no-go.
I've met Gary several times over the last 15 years never to buy or sell nor have I done business with him so can't form an opinion about him one way or another from a transaction perspective.

He's a good guy for sure, it's just most of his stuff is take it as is so some of it isn't for the faint of heart.

#13986 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

He's a good guy for sure, it's just most of his stuff is take it as is so some of it isn't for the faint of heart.

Is he the guy thats been posting the same circus stuff twice a day, over and over, for like years now? Along with a couple random em pins?

#13987 3 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Is he the guy thats been posting the same circus stuff twice a day, over and over, for like years now? Along with a couple random em pins?

That's Gary. His place is crazy. He was on American Pickers once too. He has trailers and stuff everywhere. The majority of the really good stuff is long gone since just about everyone local has been to his place years ago and picked through it. I went about 10 years ago and didn't buy anything, but it was fun for the experience. I remember he had a Burgertime up in the rafters of his barn back then, I wonder where that eventually went to.

#13988 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That's Gary. His place is crazy. He was on American Pickers once too. He has trailers and stuff everywhere. The majority of the really good stuff is long gone since just about everyone local has been to his place years ago and picked through it. I went about 10 years ago and didn't buy anything, but it was fun for the experience. I remember he had a Burgertime up in the rafters of his barn back then, I wonder where that eventually went to.

That reminds me I need to go through video I shot of a couple warehouses and several containers from the summer before last. Logistically it would have been too expensive to travel everything back to my location from what was there.

I just found something now from there I am going to post over in the horror thread....

#13989 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I bought my EATPM from Gary back in 2013. Nice enough guy, but his place? yeah it's not the prettiest etc. Did have a ton of stuff, and likely won't cut you a deal on anything he's selling. Pay his asking price or move on. I probably overpaid a bit for EATPM, but it was the only i could find. Cleaned up nicely so i was happy

#13990 3 years ago

Still have a nice MMr standard for sale

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Took this in on a trade, but already have an LE. MMr with color chip, cliffys, mirror blades, and lasseriffic topper (not pictured). Perfect condition, HUO.”
2020-05-09
Grand Forks, ND
Archived after: 21 days
Viewed: 1291 times

#13991 3 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Still have a nice MMr standard for sale

Such a great price. It makes me want to make room in my collection...

#13992 3 years ago

Looks SS Billiards can open at noon on Monday. Limit of ten people or less. And social distancing. So likely one or two pool tables with only one or two on each. And if pinball players can't adapt to a two game space between players. I'll have to disable games or move them or something. This will be a learning experience to try and keep my customers and me safe.

#13993 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks SS Billiards can open at noon on Monday. Limit of ten people or less. And social distancing. So likely one or two pool tables with only one or two on each. And if pinball players can't adapt to a two game space between players. I'll have to disable games or move them or something. This will be a learning experience to try and keep my customers and me safe.

Glad to hear you can finally open again, Lloyd! Keep safe!

#13994 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Quoted from Fezmid:

Glad to hear you can finally open again, Lloyd! Keep safe!

Not quite.

The rules for reopening are up. Looks like June 1st for me. Sorry for jumping the gun with the earlier news that made it sound like Monday was it.

#13995 3 years ago

Lloyd, have you spent the time working on games? Curious if there are any projects you have tackled in your collection.

#13996 3 years ago

Pixels arcade in oshkosh has given up. I m really getting tired of watching arcades close. Saw too many 83-89. And now again.

#13997 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Cool - maybe you'll have to remove half the balls on the tables too

#13998 3 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

Lloyd, have you spent the time working on games? Curious if there are any projects you have tackled in your collection.

Besides tech support for JJP and CGC.

First was scrub the floor. Then was shopping 22 pins. Fixing things as I went or when parts came in. Then new overhead lights. Painted the ceiling where the old ones were. Right now cleaning out my clothes cabinet, I want to paint the front of it soon. Then clean out two drawers on another cabinet, and the four drawers in my showcase.

So by the middle of next week I'll have run out of stuff to do.

If they ever let me reopen. I'll probably need a sneeze guard for my counter. I've been contemplating that.

#13999 3 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Pixels arcade in oshkosh has given up.

Sorry to hear. My heart goes out to them and their customers.

#14000 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not quite.
The rules for reopening are up. Looks like June 1st for me. Sorry for jumping the gun with the earlier news that made it sound like Monday was it.

maybe you should just start serving burgers and brats, and that way you can be a restaurant and open up.

There are 20,666 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 414.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/280?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.