1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 415.
#13751 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I've had this same thought. Clearly, this hobby can only "work" for me with a LOT of support from other people - from LTG, for example. I do have one game now and it seems likely I will have it for the foreseeable future. Will I be able to keep it running? Will I be able to rely on parts sources like PPL or Marco? Replacement parts are largely made in China, and China seems to be slowly heading toward a resumption of its manufacturing economy - assuming they still have customers to export to! Still, I can't import them myself, so I expect to rely on PPL and Marco, as well as on local techs. Will my machine eventually become a non-functioning piece of furniture?

We have managed to keep 80+ year old flipperless machines working perfectly. Your nearly new Stern will be fine for a very, very long time. No need to worry.

#13752 4 years ago

Hello All . Thanks for the comments. and messages.I plan to reevaluate after the crisis is stabilized. For Now things are on hold as far as in home service. Too young to completely retire yet! The last 10 days have been pretty overwhelming for me and my family. Lack of sleep and anxiety will do that. I dont think I can ever possibly leave pinball competely. Thanks! JR

#13753 4 years ago

Listing a nice LOTR later today.

I'll also be listing a Grand Prix as well.

#13754 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Hello All . Thanks for the comments. and messages.I plan to reevaluate after the crisis is stabilized. For Now things are on hold as far as in home service. Too young to completely retire yet! The last 10 days have been pretty overwhelming for me and my family. Lack of sleep and anxiety will do that. I dont think I can ever possibly leave pinball competely. Thanks! JR

I get the anxiety and overwhelming feelings. I’ve had to quarantine myself from the news cycle lol. Just to maintain some level of sanity. Heed the warnings as much as possible. Play some pinball today!

#13755 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I get the anxiety and overwhelming feelings. I’ve had to quarantine myself from the news cycle lol. Just to maintain some level of sanity. Heed the warnings as much as possible. Play some pinball today!

Exactly. I don't even pay attention to the news - it's all doom and gloom about things I literally can't control. So I just sit in my house (haven't left since last Friday), working from home (I'm lucky that my company told us to do that a couple of weeks ago - I still went in last week, although most didn't), and enjoying the occasional game of pinball (got a new Blood Bath record on TWD last night! ).

#13756 4 years ago

I've been getting my butt kicked by TWD lately...Such a fun and intense game!

#13757 4 years ago
Quoted from TomN:

I've been getting my butt kicked by TWD lately...Such a fun and intense game!

Do you have a Prem/LE? I upgraded from the Pro to a Prem - and if you want your ass kicked hard, play a TWD Prem.

#13758 4 years ago

I've only ever had a premium....so I can't compare to the pro. All I can tell you is it's killing me on a daily basis. It's just so difficult to get any traction. I'll start a couple of things and be a shot away, then drain.

#13759 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

We have managed to keep 80+ year old flipperless machines working perfectly. Your nearly new Stern will be fine for a very, very long time. No need to worry.

in all fairness. Flipperless games and tech is very easy to work on and built to last. New sterns can already have problems with crappy connections on cables.

#13760 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

in all fairness. Flipperless games and tech is very easy to work on and built to last. New sterns can already have problems with crappy connections on cables.

Those coil stops though 99% failure rate :-p

#13761 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Alright...substitute 25+ year old B/W games. Because things like IDC connections are a super great, robust feature. LOL

#13762 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Alright...substitute 25+ year old B/W games. Because things like IDC connections are a super great, robust feature. LOL

IDC are more reliable than RJ45's.

#13763 4 years ago

Ads are posted

Machine - For Sale
Grand Prix Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Listing my Grand Prix for sale, in great condition. A little bit of wear on the PF as seen in the pics, notably around the saucers. Everything works great, backglass is perfect, ca...”
2020-03-20
Madison, WI
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 16 times

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Nice LOTR for sale. Canadian reimport. Notable mods are: ColorDMD Flipper Fidelity Speakers Gold Mirror Blades Gold/Brass Powder coated rails, lockdown bar, legs, and hinges LED O...”
2020-03-20
Madison, WI
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 677 times
Contributed to Pinside

#13764 4 years ago

Greetings guys.
I have a very nice GNR for sale or trade.
I’m also planning on heading to the twin cities next week and could bring it with me.
Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/93526

#13765 4 years ago

Updated ad

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Grand Prix Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Listing my Grand Prix for sale, in great condition. A little bit of wear on the PF as seen in the pics, notably around the saucers. Everything works great, backglass is perfect, ca...”
2020-03-20
Madison, WI
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 252 times
Contributed to Pinside

#13766 4 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Wish I could have made it out to Big Al's today but was busy helping a friend and family with their business/practice that has been impacted by the recent business shutdowns.

Anyway, I'm doing some early spring cleaning and wanted to offer up a cabinet and legs for a pre war pinball machine. Sorry, no playfield unfortunately. I am not going to list a classified ad or anything as I am not looking for cash or interested in shipping parts. The below is free to a good home:

I'm not an expert on this era but parts of value on the cabinet include an elevator and coin mech. The ball plunger assembly is missing. Vintage similar to a Five Star Final. If you look that game up on IPDB that's essentially what we're looking at. I'm told not all games of this era had legs, this one does. There is also a full ball return the size of the playfield and playfield glass is there too! I suppose you could make your own playfield and do a custom project or use this to restore another game of this vintage. I just don't want to see this history end up in a landfill or fire pit. The cabinet is slightly coming apart but a mallet could fix that. There is just a little overspray from someones painting project on one side but could be cleaned off.

If interested please let me know. Keep in mind this is small enough it could be easily transported in the back seat of any car. I'd like to move this along sooner than later but can hold for another month or so if that's convenient for anyone.

#13767 4 years ago

I thought I just saw somone in need of the ball lift in the em parts wanted thread. Just FYI

#13768 4 years ago

Still hoping to find a trading partner. Low-plays, no wear. Comes from a virus-free home in Minneapolis. Even comes with portentous playfield graphics: "Got bit, fever hit, life went to shit, might as well quit." Trade if you dare!

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “For Sale: Stern “The Walking Dead” Premium Pinball Home use only c. 600 lifetime plays No PF wear apart from light/normal dimpling No shooter lane wear No Well Walker hip...”
2020-02-20
Minneapolis, MN
5,725 (OBO)
Archived after: 43 days
Viewed: 1163 times

#13769 4 years ago

Free stern magic on craigslist! Gooo!

#13770 4 years ago

It's crazy how many games are popping up on CL this week. Looks like people are starting to cash out. I'm in the same boat. My job is safe for now, as I can work for home, but things could get rough in the coming months. I'm going to photo my Guns N Roses, Demo Man and maybe Austin Powers sometime this week. Anyone else getting ready to sell games?

#13771 4 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

It's crazy how many games are popping up on CL this week. Looks like people are starting to cash out. I'm in the same boat. My job is safe for now, as I can work for home, but things could get rough in the coming months. I'm going to photo my Guns N Roses, Demo Man and maybe Austin Powers sometime this week. Anyone else getting ready to sell games?

Nope

#13772 4 years ago

I think I'm ok for a while job wise. I'm in the transportation industry. I was planning to pickup another game or 2 with my fun money but will likely just sit tight to see what happens.

#13773 4 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I think I'm ok for a while job wise. I'm in the transportation industry. I was planning to pickup another game or 2 with my fun money but will likely just sit tight to see what happens.

I put a few up with the intention of only selling 2. I wanted to pick up a Hot Wheels and was hoping for Led Zepplin from Stern but that's obviously on hold.

#13774 4 years ago

My job is essential for a somewhat large medical center so no need to sell any. Now if the trade bug hits...

#13775 4 years ago

I'm going to have 5000 played rackedup by the time this stuff clears out. I'd bet I played 30 games on IMDN today and I've been doing house work too.

#13776 4 years ago

Still hoping to find a trading partner. Low-plays, no wear. Comes from a virus-free home in Minneapolis. Even comes with portentous playfield graphics: "Got bit, fever hit, life went to shit, might as well quit." Trade if you dare!

Machine - For Sale

TWD Premium in MN - HUO, Low Plays

HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “For Sale:

Stern “The Walking Dead” Premium Pinball

Home use only

c. 600 lifetime plays

No PF wear apart from light/normal dimpling

No shooter lane wear

No Well Walker hip...”

31 days ago

Minneapolis, MN

5,725 (OBO)

Jason_Jehosaphat

It's a very fair price. If I could take eight hours to be away from work to go pick it up I probably would have purchased it by now. You'll sell it eventually at that price.

#13777 4 years ago

Not something we want to do but with rent needing to be paid we are selling our:

Attack From Mars
Medieval Madness
Monster Bash

All originals, all routed condition. Not perfect examples but they earned well for us. $16k or best offer for all three. Will be posting adds soon but wanted to post here first. Pleased PM me if you are interested.

Bill
Fargo Pinball

#13778 4 years ago
Quoted from FargoPinball:

Not something we want to do but with rent needing to be paid we are selling our:
Attack From Mars
Medieval Madness
Monster Bash
All originals, all routed condition. Not perfect examples but they earned well for us. $16k or best offer for all three. Will be posting adds soon but wanted to post here first. Pleased PM me if you are interested.
Bill
Fargo Pinball

Pm sent Bill. Sorry to hear you need to do this.

#13779 4 years ago

Looking to switch things up for the new found down time. Willing to travel if trading.

#13780 4 years ago

The carpet in your gameroom, MLmotorsport, looks like fun. Is your avatar photo your carpet, too? UV-reactive colors and UV lighting!

#13781 4 years ago

It's crazy how many games are popping up on CL this week. Looks like people are starting to cash out.

But are they? Are these games, priced at last month's prices, actually moving? I don't see them selling, no. For every twenty I see posted, I see just one/two "Sale Pending" stamps appear on the listing. No one has got the memo, it seems. Today's market is the Coronamarket. It's flooded, and demand is contracted. Add the two together and how you can you possibly sustain yesterday's prices? Good that the sellers around here are paying no heed to basic economics.

#13782 4 years ago

The carpet in your gameroom, MLmotorsport, looks like fun. Is your avatar photo your carpet, too? UV-reactive colors and UV lighting!

Yes, not really imaginative avatar but something different than the initials. I gambled on it not having seen it in person but ended up very happy with it. It does change a lot with black lights and even undercabinet lighting, some colors disappear and others get very bright depending on the led colors.
Astro Carpet Mills in GA - very reasonable prices and shipping if anyone interested.

#13783 4 years ago

But are they? Are these games, priced at last month's prices, actually moving? I don't see them selling, no. For every twenty I see posted, I see just one/two "Sale Pending" stamps appear on the listing. No one has got the memo, it seems. Today's market is the Coronamarket. It's flooded, and demand is contracted. Add the two together and how you can you possibly sustain yesterday's prices? Good that the sellers around here are paying no heed to basic economics.

I've sold a MMr, OKtoberfest and WOZ in the last 2 weeks. All three were up for less than 2 days before someone committed. Just gotta price it realistically and someone has to want it.

#13784 4 years ago

I listed a game.tonight at normal price and had a buyer in 19 minutes. Forgot to pull one ad down and now have another full price buyer waiting if first one backs out.

#13785 4 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Thanks LesManley and badgeringbadger! I'm going to reach out to them and see if it's still available and hopefully see if we can work something out. Since it's just a playfield, would fit easily in any vehicle. I'll be in touch

Just got back from vacation and it's crazy how things changed. Unfortunately with both MGC cancelling and the pinball warehouse closing, I don't think this is going to work out as planned - Were you able to figure something out?

#13786 4 years ago

Sold two pins in the last couple weeks within two days to a week. It might get tougher for awhile though. We will see as i have more pins for sale.

#13787 4 years ago

Sold one locally last weekend and it was up for a week or so. Thought it was a fair price but pinside said I was high. Got full asking price and new owner is happy. Guess it’s the 1000-3000 games that are appealing right now.

#13788 4 years ago

This weekend I sold a mint sterns POTC less than 24 hours after posting it and got $250 less than my asking price. This was via Craigslist. Sold it for very close to median sale price of POTC.

If you have a title people are looking for and fair prices people seem to still be buying.

We are at the front of this though and I suspect the longer the marker stays tanked the more impact this could have on prices and time to sell units.

#13789 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I've sold a MMr, OKtoberfest and WOZ in the last 2 weeks. All three were up for less than 2 days before someone committed. Just gotta price it realistically and someone has to want it.

Glad you sold all these... I wanted to buy all 3! Think my wife would not have been ok with that

#13790 4 years ago

I might make an offer on Jason's twd if I can move a few items in the next week or two.

#13791 4 years ago

In accordance with the Minnesota governor's plan. SS Billiards in Hopkins, Minnesota, is now closed until May 1st at 5pm.

LTG

#13792 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In accordance with the Minnesota governor's plan. SS Billiards in Hopkins, Minnesota, is now closed until May 1st at 5pm.
LTG

That's terrible news.
I'm so sorry!

#13793 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I listed a game.tonight at normal price and had a buyer in 19 minutes. Forgot to pull one ad down and now have another full price buyer waiting if first one backs out.

Congrats on the quick sale. You've got the magic touch I guess.

#13794 4 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

If you have a title people are looking for and fair prices people seem to still be buying.

Ah! That explains it! I'm offering my game at a bargain price, not a fair price. Must raise my price!

#13795 4 years ago

Congrats on the quick sale. You've got the magic touch I guess.

Usually just text a few friends. With the strange times we are living through I didn't feel right about that so I listed it on FB and CL.

#13796 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Just gotta price it realistically and someone has to want it.

Well, you guys were right. My Guns N' Roses sold in about 5 hours through Craig's List. $5600 for an excellent condition example (no topper). I'm happy, as I recouped what I was into it for and the new owner is beyond psyched, after looking out for one for several years.

#13797 4 years ago

Well, you guys were right. My Guns N' Roses sold in about 5 hours through Craig's List. $5600 for an excellent condition example (no topper). I'm happy, as I recouped what I was into it for and the new owner is beyond psyched, after looking out for one for several years.

It high on my list, one day I'll own one, I'm not surprised you sold it so quickly

#13798 4 years ago

Ah! That explains it! I'm offering my game at a bargain price, not a fair price. Must raise my price!

Hang in there, your price is just fine.

#13799 4 years ago

Anyone local have a PDI or invisiglass sheet for a standard body machine? Looking for one to put on my ACNC.

#13800 4 years ago

More people are asking for gift certificates to use when I reopen. I have figured a way to make them and email a gift certificate back. PM me for details.

I'm not trying to do a fund raiser. Please intend to use them.

LTG : )

There are 20,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/276?hl=badgeringbadger and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.