1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 20,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 414.
#13701 4 years ago

Thanks LesManley and @badgeringbadger! I'm going to reach out to them and see if it's still available and hopefully see if we can work something out. Since it's just a playfield, would fit easily in any vehicle. I'll be in touch

#13702 4 years ago

pinside meet up tonight at Cleveland pub in new Berlin around 5:30. bunch of people are going to show up i think.

current game list:

stranger things LE
Jurassic park premium
brand new attack from mars SE

#13703 4 years ago

Disinfectant wipes are available at my arcade ( SS Billiards - Hopkins, MN ) for players convenience.

LTG : )

#13704 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Disinfectant wipes are available at my arcade ( SS Billiards - Hopkins, MN ) for players convenience.

and toilet paper?

you should have a crane machine with toilet paper

#13705 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Fish Tales Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Players condition...good color, original topper, no credit dots, plays well....the bad; minor scrapes/bumps on cab, topper plastic taped on, larger power supply put in at some poin...”
2020-03-13
Madison, WI
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 1141 times

Selling my fish tales

#13706 4 years ago

Has anyone looked at this F-14 or know this operator? Is it worth me making a 4 hour trip to look at it?

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

One weird thing with this ad, it is stated that there are two, one with the lights, and one without. But in the pictures, the one without the lights is just the same image, with the lights cropped out?

It looks like the operator is http://www.minnpastime.com/

#13707 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

pinside meet up tonight at Cleveland pub in new Berlin around 5:30. bunch of people are going to show up i think.
current game list:
stranger things LE
Jurassic park premium
brand new attack from mars SE

The stranger things LE at Cleveland pub has the UV kit installed in it. It's bad ass. I wont play a stranger things without it. totally changes the game

#13708 4 years ago

Greetings guys.
Anyone want a sweet arcade to have in their game room next to all their pins?
I’ve got this for sale or trade.
Thanks.

siouxfalls.craigslist.org link

#13709 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

The stranger things LE at Cleveland pub has the UV kit installed in it. It's bad ass. I wont play a stranger things without it. totally changes the game

I played Stranger things pro at Drafty cellar didnt care for it, but I will have to hit Cleveland to check out the LE with UV

#13710 4 years ago

LOTR sold...TZ still available.

Machine - For Sale
Twilight Zone Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Beautiful Twilight Zone widebody pinball machine that has been in my collection for the past 17 years. Playfield is a Sun Process and has a fantastic polished clearcoat that is thi...”
2020-03-08
Lakeville, MN
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 536 times

#13711 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Greetings guys.
Anyone want a sweet arcade to have in their game room next to all their pins?
I’ve got this for sale or trade.
Thanks.
siouxfalls.craigslist.org link

Knock a zero off and you have a deal

#13712 4 years ago

If you haven't yet heard, the MGC has been cancelled.

#13713 4 years ago

will have a nice Frontier up for trade (or sale) in the coming week or 2.

Working 100%, super nice original pf and bglass, all boards recapped and clean, nvram, etc...

Would trade towards games that may be good for route or ????

Just throwing the idea out for now in case anyone has possible trades. I can add cash as needed for the right trade.

#13714 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

will have a nice Frontier up for trade (or sale) in the coming week or 2.
Working 100%, super nice original pf and bglass, all boards recapped and clean, nvram, etc...
Would trade towards games that may be good for route or ????
Just throwing the idea out for now in case anyone has possible trades. I can add cash as needed for the right trade.

Can't wait to see the asking price on this one.
3,4,5k?!?
Stay tuned Frontier fans!

...or will it be traded and we will never know?

#13715 4 years ago

MGC Update - Yes, we're canceled. It is what it is. See https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/2020-show-update/ for all updates. We fully anticipate being able to return in 2021.

A bunch of awesome pinball people were concerned about Tom's Open House and the yearly donation we make to the Milwaukee Rescue Mission. This is a concern. If you'd like to help us cover, here is what we are doing:

We have re-opened ordering for Tom Taylor's Open House at https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/attend/ As I hope would go without saying, DO NOT order anticipating going this year. You will not. In a bit, with a timeline we are working on, you will receive the following options:

Choice 1 - Ticket good for the same event in the future
Choice 2 - Please donate my money to the Milwaukee Rescue Mission
Choice 3 - Refund

As should also go without saying, if you plan to pick refund, please DO NOT order. If you plan to do either of the other options, that would be great.

We are hoping to reach our normal donation level for the year. If there is a shortfall next year, we hope to be able to cover it out of any show proceeds.

In the case that Tom's does not move forward for any reason next year, we would refund money and plan to cover the donation from any show proceeds.

Please share with anyone who might be interested in doing this. Would be great to get this to the appropriate level.

--- Unrelated, but related ---

A number of people have asked us about ordering tickets still to help the show. Again, so long as you DO NOT purchase anticipating the show this year or plan to get a refund, this would be great. Tickets are available on the site for both VIG and standard tickets. If you purchase VIG tickets, you will receive this year's swag bag in the mail. If you don't intend to hold that, please wait for merch sales to open sometime in the next week.

Again, to do this or buy Tom's tickets, see:

https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/attend/

Thanks!

#13716 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
Family Guy Archived
Fully restored (full original status) - “I have a very nice Family Guy in great shape I am putting up for sale. Color DMD, Matt McKee topper (metal topper), back box led with RGB top layer and flashers for each character...”
2020-03-14
Appleton, WI
5,000 (Firm)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 265 times
Contributed to Pinside

#13718 4 years ago

Listing up my House of the Dead arcade again. Need the space for a pinball otherwise the game is in great shape and plays awesome.

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#13719 4 years ago

I have an excellent low play HUO DILE for sale. Please respond to add if interested.

Machine - For Sale
Dialed In LE Archived
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “DILE. HUO. Playfield and cabinet in excellent condition. I am second owner. The game has been very well maintained and has a low number of games played. I really enjoy the game...”
2020-03-18
White Bear Lake, MN
7,300 (Firm)
Archived after: 0 days
Viewed: 386 times

#13720 4 years ago

The city of Minneapolis, MN is closing restaurants and bars ( barcades ) tomorrow at noon. Limiting them to take out and delivery.

http://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-mayor-frey-declares-local-emergency-over-coronavirus/568836192/?fbclid=IwAR0nKMDXcYzW60pTESdPDzrxkUVJKY_5CzdAXeg_E0Sq5wmKEMTj2Jbo7-I

#13721 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The city of Minneapolis, MN is closing restaurants and bars ( barcades ) tomorrow at noon. Limiting them to take out and delivery.
http://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-mayor-frey-declares-local-emergency-over-coronavirus/568836192/?fbclid=IwAR0nKMDXcYzW60pTESdPDzrxkUVJKY_5CzdAXeg_E0Sq5wmKEMTj2Jbo7-I

Heard this was going to be a statewide thing as well? Are you staying open Lloyd?

#13722 4 years ago

SS Billiards will be closed tomorrow at 5pm until March 27th at 5pm for the health crisis.

LTG

#13723 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

SS Billiards will be closed tomorrow at 5pm until March 27th at 5pm for the health crisis.
LTG

Do you do gift certificates? I've never made the journey, but hope to someday.

#13724 4 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Do you do gift certificates?

I print them up if requested during the Christmas season.

Quoted from gutz:

but hope to someday.

I hope you get the chance. Thank you !

#13725 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I print them up if requested during the Christmas season.

I hope you get the chance. Thank you !

How about Corona season?

#13726 4 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

How about Corona season?

Sorry. Won't be able to have people in here until after.

#13727 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Sorry. Won't be able to have people in here until after.

Lloyd, I don't think you're picking up what I'm putting down

Can you sell gift certificates now (remotely), during corona season while you are closed? I thought it would help out in the short term.

#13728 4 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Can you sell gift certificates now (remotely)

Not really. I don't have PayPal or anything. No nice official printed up gift certificates.

And people helped me in the past with the refresh. Though I didn't run that. I don't want to look like I'm asking again.

The out pouring of kind words and support has been more than enough.

A sincere thank you my friends !

#13729 4 years ago

It's official now. Closed at 5pm sharp. I hope these measures help and they don't have to extend the March 27th 5pm reopening. Stay safe everyone !

#13730 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

It's official now. Closed at 5pm sharp. I hope these measures help and they don't have to extend the March 27th 5pm reopening. Stay safe everyone !

It's probably going to be much longer than that.

#13731 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

It's probably going to be much longer than that.

Then I'm a dead man.

Oh well. Was hoping to make it to my 50th anniversary.

LTG : (

#13732 4 years ago

How is everyone holding up?
I continue to think a lot about pinball, although I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that when there are far more pressing things to fill my head with right now.
I still have a game to sell or trade, but the prospects of either are dwindling. I'm grateful to have a game at all at this point.
I'm resigning myself to the fact that I'm going to have COVID-19 eventually, and I don't "do" sick well. I get ruined by the common cold and all but destroyed by the flu. Frankly, I'd like to have it now, to just get it over with.
I s'pose being sick/miserable is small potatoes compared to the suffering that will be ushered in by the ensuing recession. A lot of people are going to be out of work.
Oof. Sorry to be grim.

#13733 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I continue to think a lot about pinball, although I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that when there are far more pressing things to fill my head with right now.
I still have a game to sell or trade, but the prospects of either are dwindling. I'm grateful to have a game at all at this point.
I'm resigning myself to the fact that I'm going to have COVID-19 eventually, and I don't "do" sick well. I get ruined by the common cold and all but destroyed by the flu. Frankly, I'd like to have it now, to just get it over with.
I s'pose being sick/miserable is small potatoes compared to the suffering that will be ushered in by the ensuing recession. A lot of people are going to be out of work.
Oof. Sorry to be grim.

Don't take any Aspirin or NSAIDs (Ibuprofen). Eat lots of greens and vegetables. Drink a shit load of water. Stay away from people. All the best.

#13734 4 years ago

Oof. Sorry to be grim.

If it makes you feel any better, it supposed to snow Thursday

#13735 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Just hoping we can lift your spirits !

Hang in there good buddy !

#13736 4 years ago

We are deeply saddened to report that Fargo Pinball is closing effective 9pm this evening.

This is out of an abundance of caution and care for both our members and the community as a whole.

In this difficult time, your support is greatly appreciated. With that in mind we are happy to announce the launch of our TeeSpring online store. We have had a lot of requests for additional apparel, and we had been working on this for a while, but have decided to launch sooner than planned.

You can score some sweet Fargo Pinball apparel (in a variety of colors!!).

https://teespring.com/stores/fargopinball

To be frank, with the current situation we are not sure when we will be able to reopen. At this point we are advising people to put things on hold and stay at home as much as possible.

Again, we cannot thank everyone enough for the generous support and understanding during this difficult time.

Bill, Jim, & Emily
Fargo Pinball
http://www.fargopinball.com/
Like Us On Facebook
Fargo Pinball

#13737 4 years ago
Quoted from FargoPinball:

We are deeply saddened to report that Fargo Pinball is closing effective 9pm this evening.

Best wishes my friend !

#13738 4 years ago

@LTG

Do you have any merchandise available for purchase? A Solid State Billiards shirt would look great and I would also be interested in one of your mugs.

#13739 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Best wishes my friend !

You to LTG! You may want to check out TeeSpring. We had not planned to launch ours for a few months but with rent due and no games being played we launched early.

If we can help you get yours going let me know.

Bill
Fargo Pinball

#13740 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

Do you have any merchandise available for purchase? A Solid State Billiards shirt would look great and I would also be interested in one of your mugs.

I'm sorry I don't. I always plan to get hats, mugs, shirts, made up with my logo. But something else always comes up.

Knowing people care means a lot in these days. Thank you !

#13741 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm sorry I don't. I always plan to get hats, mugs, shirts, made up with my logo. But something else always comes up.
Knowing people care means a lot in these days. Thank you !

Please look into TeeSpring as I know a ton of us would be interested in buying your swag!

If you are unfamiliar with them, you upload your logo or whatever logo you want to use, position it how you want it on various items (be sure you do it correctly before launching as it is a pain to fix after the fact) and they print them and send them out to buyers on demand. No stockpiling items.

Check out ours for an example:
https://teespring.com/stores/fargopinball

From one location to another, shoot me an email and we can help.

[email protected]

Bill
Fargo Pinball
http://www.fargopinball.com/
Like Us On Facebook
Fargo Pinball

#13742 4 years ago
Quoted from FargoPinball:

Please look into TeeSpring as I know a ton of us would be interested in buying your swag!

How much do you get versus the site?

You should do this, Lloyd! I'd buy a t-shirt at the very least!

#13743 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

You should do this, Lloyd!

No.

#13744 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Well OK then.....

#13745 4 years ago

From Facebook - John Ross of Pinball Plus. https://pinballplus.com/

"**35 years I thank you so much to everyone!! **

After 35 years I'm done with home service calls for the unforeseeable future. Its completely unknown when I will resume. I will keep people updated here. I may resume taking projects for repair in my studio and can let everyone know on that as well"

Another legend in these parts. Hardly a game in the area that he hasn't fixed.

Best wishes John !

#13746 4 years ago

Is John RETIRING?!?

NOW who am I gonna call?
He's THE guy!
I've never even thought about
calling anyone else.
This is tragic.

#13747 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Is John RETIRING?!?
NOW who am I gonna call?
He's THE guy!
I've never even thought about
calling anyone else.
This is tragic.

John is not retiring. He's simply not making house calls at this time. He said he has no idea when he'll be doing them again.

#13748 4 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

John is not retiring. He's simply not making house calls at this time. He said he has no idea when he'll be doing them again.

I've joked (sort of) with John, that the day he retires, is the day I sell my entire collection. I don't know how to fix 90% of the issues that occasionally pop up and without a trusted go-to like John, I'd have to exit the hobby.

#13749 4 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I've joked (sort of) with John, that the day he retires, is the day I sell my entire collection. I don't know how to fix 90% of the issues that occasionally pop up and without a trusted go-to like John, I'd have to exit the hobby.

I second that! I’ve only worked with John once due to a small collection but I take a lot of comfort knowing he is available.

#13750 4 years ago
Quoted from Minneapolispin:

I've had this same thought. Clearly, this hobby can only "work" for me with a LOT of support from other people - from LTG, for example. I do have one game now and it seems likely I will have it for the foreseeable future. Will I be able to keep it running? Will I be able to rely on parts sources like PPL or Marco? Replacement parts are largely made in China, and China seems to be slowly heading toward a resumption of its manufacturing economy - assuming they still have customers to export to! Still, I can't import them myself, so I expect to rely on PPL and Marco, as well as on local techs. Will my machine eventually become a non-functioning piece of furniture?

There are 20,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 414.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/275?hl=evh347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.