1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 20,656 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 414.
#13551 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Worth mention that game pitch it something that more often then I care for, will be changed by someone else that is playing. Even locking bolts won’t deter them, lol

correct that's why i keep a wrench in my car

#13552 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

correct that's why i keep a wrench in my car

have you really been adjusting our games on route?

#13553 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

have you really been adjusting our games on route?

no, there is guy here locally trying to beat seldon's scores. so what he does is lowers the legs on the rear and raising them in the front. floaty as hell. did it to a Jurassic park here on friday. so i have to re-level it. he doesn't put it back

#13554 4 years ago

you are right, it is simple as that. do you think i don't know who hilton is? lol. and what Madison pinball does? I have played enough location pinball to know better. If you think every stern game at I/O bar should have there outlane at the top then you are missing something. but hey not my games. if hilton thinks his number add up then thats all that matters. aint my route. but I wont participate. It's all good, Milwaukee location pinball is thriving more then it ever has.

I don't think it matters whether you know who Hilton is or not. All you needed to say is that you think the outlanes are a bit unfair. He responded in kindly by saying that he adjusted the outlanes to the middle (for that particular game). You brought up a "concern", and they responded. I'm not sure what else there is. Have fun at the MKE locations, sincerely.

#13555 4 years ago

If you think every stern game at I/O bar should have there outlane at the top then you are missing something

I can promise you that I have only ever moved the outlanes up on one game ever, and that was LOTR (game times were up over 10 min avg) and also adjusted slings to be more sensitive.

Everything else is stock how it comes from the factory. We rarely if ever will change outlane positions. Many other things are easier to tweak to make a game play better.

I have on one game moved a single outlane up one notch, but left the other in stock position. The game was super biased to Left drains (like 70% center, 25% L, and 5% R) but still mostly center drains and game times were up over 6 min average. Most players seem to really like an appropriate challenge for the entertainment and we try to hit on good playing games for the value. I can understand and accept that not everyone is going to be happy.

There are some that only desire for the longest game time and value of minute played.

#13556 4 years ago

no, there is guy here locally trying to beat seldon's scores. so what he does is lowers the legs on the rear and raising them in the front. floaty as hell. did it to a Jurassic park here on friday. so i have to re-level it. he doesn't put it back

Was that at Foxx View Lanes? I was there a couple of weeks ago and that JP was brutally slow playing. I walked away after one game because I was on it for like 30 minutes.

#13557 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Was that at Foxx View Lanes? I was there a couple of weeks ago and that JP was brutally slow playing. I walked away after one game because I was on it for like 30 minutes.

yes. this guy tries to beat NHL high score. Seldon got 6 billion on Jurassic park and is trying to beat it. so he screws with the legs. lowers them in the back and jacks up in the front. The bubble level is off the chart. but what pisses me off is i walk up to the game not suspecting it. Put a dollar in it and hit play. then im like WTF. you cant turn it off or lose the game?. so you try to level it with it playing. lol. loss the credit anyway. If i see this guy im going to say something. This guy owes me money.

#13558 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

How do you decide to set a table's pitch? The Ghostbusters at Pooley's looked to have a higher pitch than factory recommended.

I should have also mentioned that I take feedback from the regulars. Had a few specifically ask for GB to be steeper as it plays better that way

#13559 4 years ago

yes. this guy tries to beat NHL high score. Seldon got 6 billion on Jurassic park and is trying to beat it. so he screws with the legs. lowers them in the back and jacks up in the front. The bubble level is off the chart. but what pisses me off is i walk up to the game not suspecting it. Put a dollar in it and hit play. then im like WTF. you cant turn it off or lose the game?. so you try to level it with it playing. lol. loss the credit anyway. If i see this guy im going to say something. This guy owes me money.

Time to bring back the roll tilt mech

#13560 4 years ago

Anybody know a pinball repair person north Milwaukee area? IJ POA mini pf issue beyond my ability. Thanks

#13561 4 years ago

In Madison between James and Hilton/Sean their games are in great shape. Thank guys for taking the attention to keep them up. I recently was in Eau Claire for a week and those games are horrendous. All dirty and partially working etc. These games have had the same issues for over a year. Aerosmith with bad toy box optos and a rolling stones with ball trough issues. Over a friggin year. I feel cheated.

#13562 4 years ago

Headed up to Mankato soon to meet a friend. Are there any pins in town?

#13563 4 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

In Madison between James and Hilton/Sean their games are in great shape. Thank guys for taking the attention to keep them up. I recently was in Eau Claire for a week and those games are horrendous. All dirty and partially working etc. These games have had the same issues for over a year. Aerosmith with bad toy box optos and a rolling stones with ball trough issues. Over a friggin year. I feel cheated.

Thanks for the kind words and I agree. Between MadisonPinball and CraftBeer, Madison has it pretty good.

#13564 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Just depends on the game and player base. I think GB is at 7.2. The feeds on that game combined with flipper gap and angle make it tough to set up well. (Right ramp has never been how I want it) GB was designed specifically for dead pass ability from the left and right kick outs. Pitch was set to make sure the feeds are reliable and leverage that design feature.
Slightly steeper pitch also helps make sure orbits come clean. Too shallow and balls w speed can go sdtm from orbit. I wanted to avoid that.
6.5 also seemed to cause LOTS of sling action on that game and too many side drains.

Wouldn't all of that been considered when the game was designed? It just played very fast with a lot of north/south velocity, and mine (I believe), is pitched per Stern's recommendation.

Having said that, for all I know Stern could have different recommendations for home and location use, which would make sense I guess.

#13565 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Wouldn't all of that been considered when the game was designed? It just played very fast with a lot of north/south velocity, and mine (I believe), is pitched per Stern's recommendation.
Having said that, for all I know Stern could have different recommendations for home and location use, which would make sense I guess.

Every game is different. No difference for home or route.

Set it up however you want.

In general terms, center your bubble for std play and that will be somewhere between 6.2 and 7.2 in my experience.

6.5 is industry standard for modern titles.

John T said at one point that GB was intended for 7.2. I tend to agree. He uses a larger gap and flipper angle/throw is different. Higher pitches help with control, trapping, and decreasing lateral movement.

Every game I play is going to be different, even if you set everything the “same”.

I always set pitch between 6.5 and 7.2.

This is not a big range, but small tweaks can really help w feeds.

Edit to update. GB is currently at 7.2 and I think it plays really good at that. I was out installing beatles yesterday and decided to check GB level and played a few games for any adjustment. Playing nice and smooth.

#13566 4 years ago

Sheesh there seems to be a lot of bickering in this thread over something as simple as where posts came from the factory. I can vouch 100% that the posts on ST at I/O came from the factory that way. We literally leave everything stock on the games initially put out except for increasing the ball save time and then adjust from there as we receive feedback.

Truth be told, I don't play much anymore because I focus most of my free time on keeping them up and running. That's enjoyable for me, and I appreciate feedback we receive. Finding the feedback/issues is always challenging, especially when the only way I learn about it is in a random thread on some forum that I may or may not be monitoring. As always, if there's a problem with any of our route games don't hesitate to just send us a text / call / email and we'll be sure to get them addressed ASAP. Contact info is on all the games. Heck, if we're nearby it could even be resolved in a few minutes.

#13567 4 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

Heck, if we're nearby it could even be resolved in a few minutes.

I always love when someone texts me and then I am in the area and able to come fix a game right away

It feels good to be able to make that adjustment on the fly.

#13568 4 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Anybody know a pinball repair person north Milwaukee area? IJ POA mini pf issue beyond my ability. Thanks

what wrong with your IJ? I work on the northside of milwaukee. 41 and goodhope in the automall. I also own IJ. PM i can take look at it after 5.

#13569 4 years ago

Very nice Spider-Man Vault FS/FT. Hoping for a Deadpool prem (or pro), Maiden prem (or pro), Beatles gold, possibly others. +/- cash as appropriate.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “HUO Spider-Man Vault. Second owner, ~370 plays. No known issues. Looks and plays great. Please note: Color DMD pictured is not included. Shaker Back Alley train (red) w/ Light ki...”
2020-01-29
Plymouth, WI
Archived after: 34 days
Viewed: 780 times

#13570 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Have you been to the "the drafty cellar" in watertown? It's close by you and has a killer line up of games. All games a buck a play and set up nice. Current game list.

Deadpool pro
Guardian of galaxy pro
A/C D/C pro
Iron median pro
Stranger things pro
Kiss pro
Jurassic park premium
October fest
Wizard of oz. Standard

Honestly probably the nicest oz that I have ever seen on route. Usually every wizard of oz I've seen in route isn't set up right or something is broken.

#13571 4 years ago

Have you been to the "the drafty cellar" in watertown? It's close by you and has a killer line up of games. All games a buck a play and set up nice. Current game list.
Deadpool pro
Guardian of galaxy pro
A/C D/C pro
Iron median pro
Stranger things pro
Kiss pro
Jurassic park premium
October fest
Wizard of oz. Standard
Honestly probably the nicest oz that I have ever seen on route. Usually every wizard of oz I've seen in route isn't set up right or something is broken.

Never heard of it... I don’t drink all that often, so it never crosses my mind... sounds like I need to make a trip up there.

#13572 4 years ago

Deadpool pro
Guardian of galaxy pro
A/C D/C pro
Iron median pro
Stranger things pro
Kiss pro
Jurassic park premium
October fest
Wizard of oz. Standard

Holy carp, i graduated from whs and never knew watertown had a place! Next time i visit mom ill have to go. Thanks!

#13574 4 years ago

We'll be stopping by at the end of February! Cant wait to check your place out and hang out!

#13575 4 years ago

Nice article and interview

#13576 4 years ago

Very nice article.
Way to keep it goin' LTG!

#13577 4 years ago

FYI: I hadn't been in for a while so I'm not sure when they swapped machines but the Victoria Burrow now has TSPP instead of GOT and the Munsters instead of Deadpool. Beatles remains.

#13578 4 years ago

Stern SAM shaker motor, new in box, pick up only. $70

#13579 4 years ago

I have new pinball glass if anyone interested. 50.00 each or 3 for 135.00. Delivery possible in metro area on 3 or more purchased. Thanks! Jr

#13580 4 years ago

Somewhat off topic but wondering if anyone in here would have any interest in some reel to reel machines. I need to sell them, because they are just taking up space, but I don't want to deal with shipping because they are so heavy! Eventually I will have to try the heathens on craigslist I guess. One is a TEAC 3340 and the other is a newer Fostek 32 channel I believe, both in great shape, if there's any interest I could provide further information.

Added over 4 years ago:

Edit: Thanks to whoever passed this along, I talked to the guy and we agreed on a fair price, he's coming up to get them today!

#13581 4 years ago

Pinsider meet up tomorrow (2/13). At Foxx view lanes in Waukesha. MUST! support local location pinball. twhtalm and I will be up there between 5:30 and 6 depending on traffic. stop on up. current game list

dead pool pro
jurassic park pro
star trek pro
musters pro
star wars pro
attack from mars remake se

#13582 4 years ago

Always a good time at Drekker Brewing in Fargo!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/koQ2YaDLG4WQoQ9K7

#13583 4 years ago

I have a Iron Maiden pro that I was thinking of letting go for trades towards other older 80's Williams pins. Is this a dumb thing to think about? I have acquired a Firepower 2 and a Black Knight and have only played the Maiden a hand full of times but keep going back to the older 80's machines. So in short I am on the fence... Thanks for listening to my half drunken thoughts!

#13584 4 years ago

Finally managed to get to the Hudson Tap and play JP. Found the game to be a ton of fun.... until I got one of the balls stuck behind the rubber on the sling! I asked the wait staff if they knew who to call to help, but they just said, "someone comes by quite a bit to look at them, I'll tell him."

Also, should I have turned the machine off? I ended up just leaving it on, but as I left I wondered if I should've powered it off....

Here's a link to a thread where I posted a picture: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-stuck-behind-rubber-on-slings-on-jp#post-5471597

#13585 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinmasher:

I have a Iron Maiden pro that I was thinking of letting go for trades towards other older 80's Williams pins. Is this a dumb thing to think about? I have acquired a Firepower 2 and a Black Knight and have only played the Maiden a hand full of times but keep going back to the older 80's machines. So in short I am on the fence... Thanks for listening to my half drunken thoughts!

Kind of curious about this too. It seems like a lot of people that keep collecting pins eventually start accumulating a bunch of older pins. Do three or four older games like Black knight equal more fun than a newer machine if space isn't an issue?

#13586 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Finally managed to get to the Hudson Tap and play JP. Found the game to be a ton of fun.... until I got one of the balls stuck behind the rubber on the sling! I asked the wait staff if they knew who to call to help, but they just said, "someone comes by quite a bit to look at them, I'll tell him."
Also, should I have turned the machine off? I ended up just leaving it on, but as I left I wondered if I should've powered it off....
Here's a link to a thread where I posted a picture: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ball-stuck-behind-rubber-on-slings-on-jp#post-5471597

@foxtj24

#13587 4 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Crap, I will be out there soon to fix it.

#13588 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Kind of curious about this too. It seems like a lot of people that keep collecting pins eventually start accumulating a bunch of older pins. Do three or four older games like Black knight equal more fun than a newer machine if space isn't an issue?

If one of those three or four is a space shuttle then the answer is yes, add a Gorgar, Black Knight and a Firepower, and the answer is hell yes.

#13589 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Do three or four older games like Black knight equal more fun than a newer machine if space isn't an issue?

My vote is a yes on this. A person should get 10+ games to make sure though.

#13590 4 years ago

Cleveland Pub in New Berlin Wisconsin has a Stranger Things LE on location. Buck a pull, 3 games for $2.

Current line up.

Dialed in LE
Alice cooper
Stranger Things LE

FyI : I will never play the pro again. Game is tits
Replay at 52 million

#13591 4 years ago

A few of us are getting together at District 1 in stevens point at noon to watch the Rick and morty stream and play a few games. If your in the area swing on by. Eventually there will be a rick and morty here too!
Current lineup.
Iron Maiden
Johnny mnemonic
Tron
Bk2k
Scared stiff
Big game (greyhounds)

#13592 4 years ago

Just picked up a Really clean nice Rollergames. All (white LED's), mint translite, unfaded nice cabinet, nice playfield. Looking to sell or trade.

#13593 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

If one of those three or four is a space shuttle then the answer is yes, add a Gorgar, Black Knight and a Firepower, and the answer is hell yes.

Agreed. I think variety is way better. There’s tons of supply with a lot of the newer games and even risk with re-runs. Collect the 80s 90s pins. I think they hold their value better, and really nice ones become mystical and magical unicorns.

#13594 4 years ago

Just listed my Johnny Mnemonic for sale. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Machine - For Sale
Johnny Mnemonic Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “I'm selling my Johnny Mnemonic. This is a nice example, with everything fully functional, playfield with mylar in good shape (no noticeable wear spots), and a pretty unfaded left s...”
2020-02-22
Madison, WI
Archived after: 757 days
Viewed: 497 times
Contributed to Pinside

#13595 4 years ago

I have a Bally Bongo 2 player EM for sale. Just brought it home. I grabbed it as part of a 3 game deal where I wanted the other 2 games. EMs are not my bag outside of a few I really dig.
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/bongo

Pf has a art wear at center insert area.
Cab is solid but what you expect for this old.
Backglass is VERY nice for this era.
Needs a new line plug. No pf glass on it currently but I likely have a spare laying around.

Worked/Flipped fine when I grabbed it, but needs a shop out and clean up for sure.

This one seems relatively rare with 1050 made?
$350 seems fair asking as-is. EM, but looks fun for this era.

LMK if interested and I can PM you pics.

#13596 4 years ago

Throwing out a longshot here, but any Minnesota guys know a “Jim” in Mankato that could possibly be sitting on a Haunted House head since the 90’s? I’m going to have it’s bottom half coming here in a few weeks and would like to reunite them.

#13597 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Throwing out a longshot here, but any Minnesota guys know a “Jim” in Mankato that could possibly be sitting on a Haunted House head since the 90’s? I’m going to have it’s bottom half coming here in a few weeks and would like to reunite them.

That would make a great story and a reunion. Would a Freddy nightmare head work? I have one I would sell, but if Jim has all the boards in that head, I can see why that’s ideal.

#13598 4 years ago

ad up now so linking for those that have asked

Machine - For Sale
Bongo Archived
As is - “Bally Bongo; 2 player 1964 Seems pretty rare as this is the only one I have ever seen for sale and researching does not provide much more info on past sales. This is a Perfect ch...”
2020-02-25
Madison, WI
350 (OBO)
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 458 times
Contributed to Pinside

#13599 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

Sometimes it's The Longshots that pay off. I know Jim and I seem to remember seeing that haunted house head in is shop last spring when I was there. will PM you his number.good luck.

#13600 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Sometimes it's The Longshots that pay off. I know Jim and I seem to remember seeing that haunted house head in is shop last spring when I was there. will PM you his number.good luck.

Got the PM and will try it later today, this is turning out to be all sorts of crazy.

-Hans

There are 20,656 posts in this topic. You are on page 272 of 414.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/272 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.