1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,714 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 415.
#13501 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

HEP restored creech

HEP restore on route?? That’s madness. Makes my heart hurt.

#13502 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

HEP restore on route?? That’s madness.

Some operators do they best they can for their customers.

Support them.

LTG : )

#13503 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

HEP restore on route?? That’s madness. Makes my heart hurt.

Nah. Pinball is meant to be played and shared!

We look at it like this...
How many pinheads have even seen, let alone played, a HEP restored classic? Well now you can; for just some pocket change.
Hopefully you have fun and enjoy it. If you like it, then drop a few bucks into it and the other games; buy a beer from the bar and tell them thanks for supporting location pinball. Of course, tip your bartenders also.

We have been hobby 'operating' for almost 6 years now. Before we started doing this, pinball was basically dead in the entire region. People have supported our hobby pinball dreams and by doing so they deserve good games to be played.

It is one of the small things we can do to give back to the hobby and one of the benefits as we are not like the other guys. Every quarter that goes into a game, goes right back to the hobby and more games. The win:win of supporting a hobby operator crew.

#13504 4 years ago

here is a link for those that want to check it out

https://www.facebook.com/MadisonPinball/

#13505 4 years ago

If anyone is around the Grand Forks, ND area - I have a suite at the Alerus Center. If you want to check out any upcoming concerts (KISS, Alice Cooper, Brantley Gilbert, etc...) let me know

#13506 4 years ago

Anyone in the twin cities area have a drop n tell indicator or something similar they could sell me? I’d rather not buy hundreds lol. Just need one for an incoming NIB JJP PoTC CE from Germany. Want to make sure I cover all bases and have them apply one prior to shipment to go with the tip n tell. Thanks in advance!

#13507 4 years ago

Looking to mix up the collection soon. I have a nice HUO tastefully modded IMDN Pro available, and possibly a fairly nice EBD. Likely be willing to outright sell or open to trades. Not looking for anything specific other than what's on my wishlist and maybe another TAXI? Just looking for something "different"

#13508 4 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I played yours in Madison last sunday at I/O bar. Honestly you have the outlanes opened up so much every ball drained. Each side had the outlane post moved to the top. It's a stern game so it's already a drain monster. You have it set to 3 games for $2 bucks. I put 4 dollars in for 6 games and I was done with them before I finished my first beer! I nudge the shit out of it into the game of thrones parked next to it. Lol Thanks for putting it on route but I won't be back to play it.

Wanted to let you know that I moved the outlane posts down to the middle setting for you. Hope you come back over and check it out.

Also, while I can't share actual numbers on L, R, C, I can let you know that the Center accounts for ~50% of balls lost, L ~25% and R ~25%.
Will be interesting to see how that shifts now that I moved the posts in.

Also, avg game time was just shy of 3min. Moving posts in should help move that up to over 3min is my guess.

I should probably tighten the plumb bob a little to deter people from tossing it around, but for now I left it alone

LMK if you swing back over and want to play a few games. I will pay for the first few rounds.

#13509 4 years ago

HEP on route and offering refunds? Operator of the year!

#13510 4 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

HEP on route and offering refunds? Operator of the year!

thanks, but we are just pinheads that like and support pinball.

I appreciate any and all feedback and hope our customers are patient with us as we make adjustments, bring in new games, and try to give people a good value for their hard earned funds that they choose to spend supporting local location pinball.

We desire to continue and bring people new games, rare games, and the best quality experience they can get. All with the over reaching goal of providing a positive pinball experience.

#13511 4 years ago

Will be listing an above avg and solid playing Gorgar ($1100) and Pop-A-Card ($600) in the near future.

Would do a package deal if you want to work out something on both.

#13512 4 years ago

If anyone is thinking of selling; Lotr, x-men or a twd pro please let me know.

#13513 4 years ago

FYI:

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “For Sale: Stern “The Walking Dead” Premium Pinball Home use only c. 500 lifetime plays No PF wear apart from light/normal dimpling No shooter lane wear No Well Walker hip...”
2020-01-18
Minneapolis, MN
5,925 (OBO)
Archived after: 216 days
Viewed: 1151 times

#13514 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

FYI:

Machine - For Sale

TWD Premium in MN - PRICE DROP

HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) “For Sale:

Stern “The Walking Dead” Premium Pinball

Home use only

c. 500 lifetime plays

No PF wear apart from light/normal dimpling

No shooter lane wear

No Well Walker hip...”

6 days ago

Minneapolis, MN

5,825 (OBO)

Jason_Jehosaphat

This is so tempting! How isnt this sold yet??

#13515 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

This is so tempting! How isnt this sold yet??

Honest opinion. Because the pro is the better game and you can find them for 1500 less.

#13516 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Honest opinion. Because the pro is the better game and you can find them for 1500 less.

I disagree. The premium is more challenging and has a better art package. However, it is a much more difficult game than the pro. If you like longer ball times, get the pro.

#13517 4 years ago

I realize this isn't the TWD owners' thread, so this will be OT, but the very features that distinguish the Premium from the PRO make it more challenging. For example...

1. The BG bash toy is dangerous. She is tucked in a cubby and soft hits can dribble out and go SDTM. Firm, direct hits can rebound SDTM. There are no such risks with shots to the PRO's left ramp during BG mode.
2. The Well Walker magnet is dangerous. It flings the ball SDTM occasionally, but flinging it in any direction adds challenges to general ball control, especially if the nearby slings get involved.
3. The Crossbow shot is more dangerous than a traditional flipper shot. It takes your hand off the flipper when you fire, making you more vulnerable to a late-flip fumble drain if you brick the shot.
4. Rejects from the left ramp are more numerous and more dangerous as it's steeper/taller than that of the PRO.

The "Bombs" do give players an advantage, so perhaps that feature does make the Premium "easier." In terms of what kinds of skills are required to stay up on the game, however, the Premium PF is just plain more challenging and more fraught with risk. And therein lies the answer to Fat Panda's question as to why this game hasn't sold. People know it's a butt-kicker. They know it drives people to toss their games into a river, etc. It takes a skilled player to "handle" this game. I'm getting better, but I'm still far from handling it. Maybe someone else here is truly up to it. If you are, come and take a look! Take advantage of a dead-of-winter bargain!

#13518 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I realize this isn't the TWD owners' thread, so this will be OT, but the very features that distinguish the Premium from the PRO make it more challenging. For example...
1. The BG bash toy is dangerous. She is tucked in a cubby and soft hits can dribble out and go SDTM. Firm, direct hits can rebound SDTM. There are no such risks with shots to the PRO's left ramp during BG mode.
2. The Well Walker magnet is dangerous. It flings the ball SDTM occasionally, but flinging it in any direction adds challenges to general ball control.
3. The Crossbow shot is more dangerous than a traditional flipper shot. It takes your hand off the flipper when you fire, making you more vulnerable to a late-flip fumble drain if you brick the shot.
4. Rejects from the left ramp are more numerous and more dangerous as it's steeper/taller than that of the PRO.
The "Bombs" do give players an advantage, so perhaps that feature does make the Premium "easier." In terms of what kinds of skills are required to stay up on the game, however, the Premium PF is just plain more challenging and more fraught with risk. And therein lies the answer to Fat Panda's question as to why this game hasn't sold. People know it's a butt-kicker. They know it drives people to toss their games into a river, etc. It takes a skilled player to "handle" this game. I'm getting better, but I'm still far from handling it. Maybe someone else here is truly up to it. If you are, come and take a look! Take advantage of a dead-of-winter bargain!

I think the biggest reason it hasn't sold is simply that most people that want a TWD already own one or have owned it in the past.-i have an LE. I think it's a good deal for what it's priced at especially since it has some of the must-have mods like the shaker and bicycle girl lighting. I've played the Pro hundreds of times and do prefer the Prem/LE but the Pro is a far less brutal game. If the Pro had spinners, walker bombs and the lighting (color changing GI and inserts) of the Premium I could see stepping down but those three things make a big difference to me in the gameplay and ambiance. The well walker magnet,bicycle girl bash toy, drop target, fish tank , and crossbow are nice additions but I could live without them. At least on the newer Sterns they are putting spinners, lockdown buttons and color changing inserts on the Pro which ensures that the gameplay is nearly the same which wasn't the case in the past.

#13519 4 years ago

I had the pro and upgraded to the premium. I was amazed at how different the game was. It is a butt kicker, but I don't like games that take an afternoon to get through, so it was right up my alley. You can't go wrong with the pro either, but if you really like the game and can get a premium or LE at a decent price, then it's a win/win.

#13520 4 years ago

I'd love a twd premium! Too bad pinball fund is drained.

#13521 4 years ago

I agree with what you all are saying on that game. I’ve seen the post up for a while now and I’m totally surprised it hasn’t sold. I’ve sold or exchanged 4 machines since the TWD has been posted. 3 below and one way over that price point.
My gut tells me the craigslist mpls buyers must think something is wrong with it because it hasn’t sold, not sure.
Anyway best of luck, and if I come across someone into that game, I’ll do my best to direct them towards your add.
Who knows, I might buy it since I’ve just been treating games like a revolving door lately. I play the heck out of em, try and beat them, get to know them and then decide if she gets to live in the house or not.

#13522 4 years ago

I wish I liked The Walking Dead premium, I've had money set aside for a new pin for over a year now. I just don't like the way it plays vs the pro.

#13523 4 years ago

Ya that’s a great price if in good shape for a twd prem. I’d buy but I’m waiting for a scared stiff. Twd is a great game now

#13524 4 years ago

I wouldn't mind upgrading my pro to a premium. I've had my pro for a few years now. I dont necessarily want to get rid of it because its not *as* exciting anymore, but it would be nice to have a change of pace. I know I would regret selling altogether.

#13525 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ya that’s a great price if in good shape for a twd prem. I’d buy but I’m waiting for a scared stiff. Twd is a great game now

I will say Jason_Jehosaphat seems very particular about his games and without seeing it in person I'm sure this pin is an excellent example.
Great price, somebody buy it!

#13526 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I had the pro and upgraded to the premium. I was amazed at how different the game was. It is a butt kicker, but I don't like games that take an afternoon to get through, so it was right up my alley. You can't go wrong with the pro either, but if you really like the game and can get a premium or LE at a decent price, then it's a win/win.

All valid opinions. TWD on the whole is one of Sterns best modern efforts.

For me personally, the premium is ruined by bicycle girl ramp and crossbow. I would take all the other features, but those 2 things really mess up the feel of the game for me.

I am not sure why it takes you so long on the Pro to play. The whole game to HORDE often happens in 1 good ball for me. 5 good modes, a good mutli or bG mode and you are ready to rock.

If you are killing walkers then it should take way less on the premium since you get bombs.

Again, all very valid points. Both are great games, I think the vast majority prefer the pro gameplay. Premium owners of course like that. They are VERY different games.

#13527 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Will be listing an above avg and solid playing Gorgar ($1100) and Pop-A-Card ($600) in the near future.
Would do a package deal if you want to work out something on both.

Gotten quite a few pms. Photos and adverts will blast out this week.

Combo deal of $1500, which I think is a solid deal. Saves me the time of doing 2 separate deals. Allows you to resell one and make the other even cheaper.

Forgot to mention the Gorgar also has a fresh set of flipper rebuilds in the parts bin and I will give you. Nice added value.

#13528 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Gotten quite a few pms. Photos and adverts will blast out this week.
Combo deal of $1500, which I think is a solid deal. Saves me the time of doing 2 separate deals. Allows you to resell one and make the other even cheaper.
Forgot to mention the Gorgar also has a fresh set of flipper rebuilds in the parts bin and I will give you. Nice added value.

Awesome deal for someone! Did I see in another thread somewhere that you have more than one Radical pin?!

#13529 4 years ago

Hey all!

Just wanted to give a shout out to RustyLizard for selling me a very nice Jokerz!

Perfect transaction, and all around nice guy!

Thank you very much!

#13530 4 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Hey all!
Just wanted to give a shout out to rustylizard for selling me a very nice Jokerz!
Thank you very much!

Russ is good people. We're gonna miss him at the Fox Cities league this year, and his eclectic selection of pins when he hosted.

#13531 4 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

Hey all!
Just wanted to give a shout out to rustylizard for selling me a very nice Jokerz!
Thank you very much!

Russ is an awesome guy.

#13532 4 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Russ is an awesome guy.

He sure is!

Russ, why no more league?

#13533 4 years ago

Russ is awesome. Bought two arcades and a pin from him.

#13534 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He sure is!
Russ, why no more league?

It's a lot of driving and I have other irons in the fire. Gave 'er heck on leagues and tournaments last year, backing off for now. Will probably hit Titletown in the spring when driving is better. Thanks for all the kind words guys.

#13535 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

It's a lot of driving and I have other irons in the fire. Gave 'er heck on leagues and tournaments last year, backing off for now. Will probably hit Titletown in the spring when driving is better. Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Cool. I am glad it is good reasons.

Personally I hoped you retired and were taking a long trip to celebrate. You deserve it!

#13536 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Cool. I am glad it is good reasons.
Personally I hoped you retired and were taking a long trip to celebrate. You deserve it!

Dude, I hate my job but I have 2 years and 17 days left.

#13537 4 years ago

Oh and dont think that count is a second off

#13538 4 years ago

for those asking for more info and photos of the Pop A Card and the Gorgar, Sean (one of the other guys that is part of Madison Pinball) listed them and started to post them out on the typical spots.

links

https://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2157

https://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2156

Either of us can field questions/offers

#13539 4 years ago

Anyone can reach out to me if they have interest or questions on either/both Gorgar or Pop A Card. Will also be moving along Sorcerer and TMNT in the near future.

#13540 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wanted to let you know that I moved the outlane posts down to the middle setting for you. Hope you come back over and check it out.
Also, while I can't share actual numbers on L, R, C, I can let you know that the Center accounts for ~50% of balls lost, L ~25% and R ~25%.
Will be interesting to see how that shifts now that I moved the posts in.
Also, avg game time was just shy of 3min. Moving posts in should help move that up to over 3min is my guess.
I should probably tighten the plumb bob a little to deter people from tossing it around, but for now I left it alone
LMK if you swing back over and want to play a few games. I will pay for the first few rounds.

Did you do that to all the rest of your stern games or just stranger things? and i'm good i can afford my own credits.

#13541 4 years ago

Did you do that to all the rest of your stern games or just stranger things? and i'm good i can afford my own credits.

When we put out a new game, we leave everything at factory intended specs to start. I figure the designer/coder/factory intends it that way for good reason.
I of course make tweaks and adjustments to get the game playing as good as it can. Things like adjusting a feed, orbit return, angle, etc... Lots of thought goes into how a game plays.

After the first few weeks, then I often use the data to help make further decisions.
I look at things like:
1. Is the game outlane heavy?
2. Ball time and game time?
3. how many 1, 2, 3, and 4 player games are occurring?
4. % of free games won/ how

using the audits it makes it pretty clear on how to adjust a game to be easier or more difficult and things can be changed physically or in settings to tweak.

#13542 4 years ago

so all your stern games came from the factory with all the outlane post on the top tier? ok

#13543 4 years ago

so all your stern games came from the factory with all the outlane post on the top tier? ok

In one of the Bryan Eddy interviews it mentions that the game shipped from Stern with the Outlanes open (top tier) even though Bryan Eddy prefers to have them set in the middle.

#13544 4 years ago

My maiden has right side at the top. The left is in the middle new in box. I thought it was weird but I have left it for now. although I consistently drain on the out lanes. I may move them in in the future.

#13545 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

When we put out a new game, we leave everything at factory intended specs to start. I figure the designer/coder/factory intends it that way for good reason.
I of course make tweaks and adjustments to get the game playing as good as it can. Things like adjusting a feed, orbit return, angle, etc... Lots of thought goes into how a game plays.
After the first few weeks, then I often use the data to help make further decisions.
I look at things like:
1. Is the game outlane heavy?
2. Ball time and game time?
3. how many 1, 2, 3, and 4 player games are occurring?
4. % of free games won/ how
using the audits it makes it pretty clear on how to adjust a game to be easier or more difficult and things can be changed physically or in settings to tweak.

How do you decide to set a table's pitch? The Ghostbusters at Pooley's looked to have a higher pitch than factory recommended.

#13546 4 years ago

No offense, but if you don't like how a game plays, its simple enough to not play that game. Hilton and crew go out of their way to make sure games are playing well. If you're playing and you feel it is unfair, then don't plug more quarters into it. Pass the info along and try again next time. Simple as that.

Yes, some Stern games out of the box are too easy, and you can usually tell after a few games. They're OPs, they can't have games going on for 10 - 20 - 30 mins at a time.

It goes without saying that I play plenty of Madison pinball games, and I never feel cheated. If anything, I feel like I need to get better.

#13547 4 years ago

My IronMaiden Pro did as well as my BM66 and TWD premium. Haven't played Stranger Things, but from watching many videos it seems like ball times are on the longish side of the coin. Dude seems like a very attentive operator and simply wants you to have fun. Not sure if you realize, but you come off as kind of arrogant and petty.

#13548 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

How do you decide to set a table's pitch? The Ghostbusters at Pooley's looked to have a higher pitch than factory recommended.

Just depends on the game and player base. I think GB is at 7.2. The feeds on that game combined with flipper gap and angle make it tough to set up well. (Right ramp has never been how I want it) GB was designed specifically for dead pass ability from the left and right kick outs. Pitch was set to make sure the feeds are reliable and leverage that design feature.

Slightly steeper pitch also helps make sure orbits come clean. Too shallow and balls w speed can go sdtm from orbit. I wanted to avoid that.
6.5 also seemed to cause LOTS of sling action on that game and too many side drains.

#13549 4 years ago

Worth mention that game pitch it something that more often then I care for, will be changed by someone else that is playing. Even locking bolts won’t deter them, lol

#13550 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

No offense, but if you don't like how a game plays, its simple enough to not play that game. Hilton and crew go out of their way to make sure games are playing well. If you're playing and you feel it is unfair, then don't plug more quarters into it. Pass the info along and try again next time. Simple as that.
Yes, some Stern games out of the box are too easy, and you can usually tell after a few games. They're OPs, they can't have games going on for 10 - 20 - 30 mins at a time.
It goes without saying that I play plenty of Madison pinball games, and I never feel cheated. If anything, I feel like I need to get better.

you are right, it is simple as that. do you think i don't know who hilton is? lol. and what Madison pinball does? I have played enough location pinball to know better. If you think every stern game at I/O bar should have there outlane at the top then you are missing something. but hey not my games. if hilton thinks his number add up then thats all that matters. aint my route. but I wont participate. It's all good, Milwaukee location pinball is thriving more then it ever has.

There are 20,714 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/271?hl=ruralcollector and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.