1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 415.
#13401 4 years ago

Yep I like em all! Each pin I have seen has its own charm to them. I just love pinball!! It gets me all giddy!!

#13402 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That's exactly what happens, especially around here. Pinside has turned into a swamp of negativity, and certain games become a target.

That must explain why people don't like Hobbit either...

#13403 4 years ago

I really do think it is okay for people to not like things in life, and even state it. It doesn’t mean it is a personal attack on those who do like those things.

#13404 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Not my jam, but if its yours thats cool. Some people like certain games that others truly don’t. Would someone really pretend to not like a game? I am seriously asking, because that seems really bizarre to me.

Yes it’s bizarre but it happens all the time . People are like sheep and are afraid to stray too far from popular opinion . Happens everywhere , not just pinball . Do you think every guy wearing jeans with rhinestones on the back pockets really think they look good?

#13405 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Do you think every guy wearing jeans with rhinestones on the back pockets really think they look good?

LOL... I hope they do. (also definitely NOT my jam)

#13406 4 years ago

Anyone wanting to sell a JJP Hobbit?

#13407 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

What a terrible earner Black Knight Sword of Rage is. Makes Munsters earnings look like Addams Family in comparison and Munsters doesn't draw flies.

Yeah after 2 plays I was done and moved to the new JP. Now THAT'S a fun game.

#13408 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Yeah after 2 plays I was done and moved to the new JP. Now THAT'S a fun game.

Why didn’t you like it Paul? Do you like the older BK’s?

#13409 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

For me it was the layout. I like the theme and I love the music, code is good...but that layout is just terrible. So barren and boring. Orbit, orbit, orbit...and 3 shots 6" inches from the flippers that you have to shoot at constantly. I'm shocked that was all Steve came up with for the big return to the Black Knight series. I had so little interest in it that I turned down a home use only pro with less than a hundred plays for only $4,600 within 30 days of it being released. It wound up being such a tough sell that it actually ended up selling for even less than that weeks later.

And I do appreciate the Black knights from the past. I like to play them and I really had a good time playing Black Knight 2000 at SS Billiards when he had it, even though it gets pretty repetitive. I think the big difference there is those games are 30 plus years old so I expect way more now with modern technology and the price Stern charges for their game.

#13410 4 years ago

has anyone played the elvira 3 , does it have potential ?

#13411 4 years ago

Yes and the jury is still out. I enjoyed it but kind of feels like a golf coarse. Everything seems like it’s all the way up the playfield. Needs more code as of now. Will try it again latet

#13412 4 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

has anyone played the elvira 3 , does it have potential ?

I’ve had a decent amount of time on it and it hasn’t grabbed me. I know everyone has their own opinion, but I kind of find it boring compared to other pins. There’s just nothing special about it. With that being said, I know Lyman is doing the code so with his track I’d say it does have potential. I will admit it’s hard to judge without it being a finished product.

#13413 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Not my jam, but if its yours thats cool. Some people like certain games that others truly don’t. Would someone really pretend to not like a game? I am seriously asking, because that seems really bizarre to me.

No...I don't really mean pretending...I mean more the piling on and group think mentality. It leads to certain games getting unfairly crapped on. Take X-Men for example. That started rough, but turned out to be a pretty killer game. Unfortunately there was so much hate and negativity built up around it that years later I still hear of people that will not even give it a fair chance because they heard it sucks. It's just unfortunate.

I'm all for people having and expressing their opinions, but the constant negativity gets old. It's cool that we have so many options, and we do not all like the same things. It's the people that feel their opinion is more valid than others and try to stomp out other peoples enjoyment of certain games that need to stop.

Quoted from Eric_S:

That must explain why people don't like Hobbit either...

LOL! I actually do not even hate Hobbit as much as I enjoy giving Tyler crap about it. But you do not see me coming here and harping on and on about why it's a terrible game. I don't really like it, but it's cool that others do. Same with GB. Heck...I don't even see the big deal with TAF, but I get that I'm in the minority. I'm not going to go on a "TAF sucks" crusade. If I did that here, I'd get a million angry pinsiders telling me why my opinion is wrong because it doesn't match theirs.

#13414 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It leads to certain games getting unfairly crapped on.

I guess the upside of this is that an unpopular game that someone enjoys can be purchased at a fair price (if that is possible in 2019)

#13415 4 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I guess the upside of this is that an unpopular game that someone enjoys can be purchased at a fair price (if that is possible in 2019)

Maybe I should start the "Jack*Bot pinball sucks" thread so you will sell me that new acquisition of yours at a really fair price!!

Ok... maybe I should back off and let you at least play it for a few months? I'll set a reminder for March to start the thread!!

#13416 4 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

Yes and the jury is still out. I enjoyed it but kind of feels like a golf coarse. Everything seems like it’s all the way up the playfield. Needs more code as of now. Will try it again latet

I never heard it described that way, but it feels spot on. I want to like it and hope to after Lyman polishes it up more, but it does feel like a golf course right now.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Take X-Men for example.

I owned one and LOVE the theme. The sounds killed that game, for me. Layout had some tight shots but some of the criticism was well placed. The code and sound early on were so bad. "here's an extra baaaaaaaaaawwwlll" will never escape my memory. Still like nails on a chalkboard. It's not my cup of tea but the game morphed into a solid player. That being said, I agree. I expressed my opinion and moving on. No need to "hate" on it. Everyone needs to play the games and form their own opinions. I love TAF, you don't. I'm not losing sleep over it. All good.

I'll take an Elvira 3 for $6k to knock the ball around for awhile in my home. Hit me up.

#13417 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

For me it was the layout. I like the theme and I love the music, code is good...but that layout is just terrible. So barren and boring. Orbit, orbit, orbit...and 3 shots 6" inches from the flippers that you have to shoot at constantly. I'm shocked that was all Steve came up with for the big return to the Black Knight series. I had so little interest in it that I turned down a home use only pro with less than a hundred plays for only $4,600 within 30 days of it being released. It wound up being such a tough sell that it actually ended up selling for even less than that weeks later.
And I do appreciate the Black knights from the past. I like to play them and I really had a good time playing Black Knight 2000 at SS Billiards when he had it, even though it gets pretty repetitive. I think the big difference there is those games are 30 plus years old so I expect way more now with modern technology and the price Stern charges for their game.

reading the review for BK3 Caucasian2Step talks about the premium being what this game needs with the second level even though it is a simple feature , it gets 3 more balls and another trajectory for the ball . I don't know of many pro models that i would want to buy i tend to overlook them in listings and instead i'm more enamored with the premium models it often seems more of a complete game , how valid is this thought to you? pro vs premium

#13418 4 years ago

Picked up a Starship Troopers and curious if anyone might be able to tell me why the Brain Bug sometimes comes out after completing the bugs and sometimes it doesn't.

#13419 4 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Picked up a Starship Troopers and curious if anyone might be able to tell me why the Brain Bug sometimes comes out after completing the bugs and sometimes it doesn't.

http://pinball.org/rules/starshiptroopers.html

Hope that helps

#13420 4 years ago

Yeah, says it should pop up whenever you complete all the bug in a planet, just trying to figure out why it doesn't sometimes.

#13421 4 years ago
Quoted from Dragon:

reading the review for BK3 Caucasian2Step talks about the premium being what this game needs with the second level even though it is a simple feature , it gets 3 more balls and another trajectory for the ball . I don't know of many pro models that i would want to buy i tend to overlook them in listings and instead i'm more enamored with the premium models it often seems more of a complete game , how valid is this thought to you? pro vs premium

If you haven't played them - there's an LE at Tilt and a Premium up at Blainbrook.

I guess I do prefer them a bit over the pro, but not enough to really make me like the game that much. Certainly not one I'd ever buy. The upper playfield makes them seem more like a Black Knight game for sure. I do like the lock mechanism in the upper playfield, and there's a sudden death / extend your game feature who's name escapes me right now that is pretty cool when you trigger it. Mostly I find the upper playfield to just slow down the game a bit though, pace wise as well as giving you that feeling of being a little safe as long as the ball is up there. Can't lose your ball slamming it off the light lock stand up if it's on the upper playfield, etc.

#13422 4 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

there's a sudden death / extend your game feature who's name escapes me right now

Last Chance. Kind of a fun feature if it happens to you, not so much when you see it happen to someone you thought you had beat in league or tournament play. Ha.

#13423 4 years ago
Quoted from bernieberg:

Last Chance. Kind of a fun feature if it happens to you, not so much when you see it happen to someone you thought you had beat in league or tournament play. Ha.

Amen. Been on both sides of that one.

If someone else gets it - just hope that they repeatedly try to flip at each ball instead of taking a single shot. Plunge -> take one shot at the lock. If you make it - great. If not just let it drain and plunge again. So much easier to extend the game when you do it that way.

#13424 4 years ago

Yeah, says it should pop up whenever you complete all the bug in a planet, just trying to figure out why it doesn't sometimes.

I would recommend bite the bullet pull the mech. Clean it all up and check every switch. The bug come real clean in a ultrasonic and don’t toothbrush. But I found miss adjustment with switches not registering was causing sporadic behavior.

#13425 4 years ago

St. Paul Tap and Tilt got their Stranger Things pins in today. Both will be playable by about dinner time tonight if anyone wants to check it out.

#13426 4 years ago

I've got a nice NASCAR that I'll be selling soon. Not a documented HUO machine but it is in fantastic shape.

Would actually prefer to trade it towards something else + or - cash.

#13427 4 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I would recommend bite the bullet pull the mech. Clean it all up and check every switch. The bug come real clean in a ultrasonic and don’t toothbrush. But I found miss adjustment with switches not registering was causing sporadic behavior.

This thing is HUO clean, but yeah, might be worth a look.

#13428 4 years ago

This thing is HUO clean, but yeah, might be worth a look.

Does it start the hurry up mode and not come up? Or just not start the mode. Check the settings.

#13429 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Never played the older one. The new one just wouldn't let me play, the ball was always sent to the out lanes or sdm. JP sent the ball to other parts of the pf like it wanted you to play.

#13430 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Does it start the hurry up mode and not come up? Or just not start the mode. Check the settings.

I played it tonight and it popped up Everytime a planet was cleared, but yesterday it didn't pop up except for the first olanet. It doesn't really matter, it doesn't change anything in the game other than the million points, it's just a fun thing to do...

I'm sure it's fine, I'll check it out some more.

#13431 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Never played the older one. The new one just wouldn't let me play, the ball was always sent to the out lanes or sdm. JP sent the ball to other parts of the pf like it wanted you to play.

Serious? Our JP loves that left Outlane drain

#13432 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Our JP loves that left Outlane drain

I feel like mine is an equal opportunity employer - the right gets hit quite a bit as well!

#13433 4 years ago

With all the love for bksor lately what would be a fair price on a pro? My oldest likes the game so id buy one if numbers work, so if anybody wants to get out of one....

#13434 4 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

With all the love for bksor lately what would be a fair price on a pro? My oldest likes the game so id buy one if numbers work, so if anybody wants to get out of one....

John had an offer for $4k as posted above but used pros are ~$4500

There is a ramp mod for the left that is a sword like lotr, where the left vuk is now diverted to this sword ramp and brings it to your left flipper. Looks awesome

#13435 4 years ago

I’m excited to play Stranger Things at Tilt but my initial take is that it looks pretty bare, which is one of the main criticisms of BKSoR. There is only one playfield toy unless you include the ball lock. I’ll be interested to see what people think.

#13436 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

John had an offer for $4k as posted above but used pros are ~$4500
There is a ramp mod for the left that is a sword like lotr, where the left vuk is now diverted to this sword ramp and brings it to your left flipper. Looks awesome

Here is the Bk pro sword ramp mod

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-nov-sword-mod-a-new-ramp-in-the-bksor-pro-?fbclid=IwAR0yZo3fH3nwNz5nHa2svoqerbzPvOjHz6rNu7posdKTlFTWSzuP94zOzFU#post-5271713

#13437 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m excited to play Stranger Things at Tilt but my initial take is that it looks pretty bare, which is one of the main criticisms of BKSoR. There is only one playfield toy unless you include the ball lock. I’ll be interested to see what people think.

I got some games in on it at St. Paul Tap last night. It was nice playing there because it's not pinball crowded so you can play to your hearts content.

It is pretty bare. There is only one toy, the demogorgon ramp. On the Pro, the lock shot is just an up post on the left ramp and the lock is virtual so it only holds it for a few seconds. Bill of materials on the Pro is great cost saver for them compared to games like JP2 or Ghostbusters. With Stranger Things, if you like Attack From Mars, you will like Stranger Things...it's almost the exactly same game, right down the cities...er...I mean demogorgon shot up the middle, shooting each shot 3 times for mode start, how you qualify the wizard mode and the mini-wizard mode (for shooting all the shots 3 times) being called "Total Isolation". Sound familiar? It's fun to shoot. It's only version .64 right now. Code has a lot there, but scoring can be lopsided. It's very bonus and super jackpot heavy like Guardians of the Galaxy. Our best games were in the 500-600 millions and we had a bonus of 184 million and with combos and multipliers SJPs can easly be 24 million each. I like it a lot better than Munsters and even Black Knight at this early point, but not as much as JP2. I don't love it or think it's different or inventive in any way but I am looking forward to playing it again and seeing where it goes in future updates.

#13438 4 years ago

Saw this posted north of milwaukee

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Spanish eyes for $275? seems like a steal.

#13439 4 years ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Saw this posted north of milwaukee
milwaukee.craigslist.org link
Spanish eyes for $275? seems like a steal.

It’s not working it sounds like but still might be a good deal for someone

#13440 4 years ago

Looks alright , I’d buy it but I have got way too many projects going on now and do not want to further bury myself .

#13441 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Looks alright , I’d buy it but I have got way too many projects going on now and do not want to further bury myself .

Yeah, the phrase " it worked when we moved it to the garage" is a little scary, I have room for 2 machines, I already have one, and don't think a project EM is what I'm looking for. If it was a Granada (add a ball version of spanish eyes) I'd consider it. Had a guy bring one to the shop for repair a few years back, and it was a super fun EM.

#13442 4 years ago

Granada is missing that sweet center pop though.

And for what it's worth Spanish Eyes I believe can be set for extra ball rather than replay.

#13443 4 years ago
Quoted from Scrimmbo:

Yeah, the phrase " it worked when we moved it to the garage" is a little scary, I have room for 2 machines, I already have one, and don't think a project EM is what I'm looking for. If it was a Granada (add a ball version of spanish eyes) I'd consider it. Had a guy bring one to the shop for repair a few years back, and it was a super fun EM.

I like to work on EMs the fact it isn’t working doesn’t scare me . But the time I know the time I would put into into making how I like it would drive me nuts . I guess I’m burned out right now .

#13444 4 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

And for what it's worth Spanish Eyes I believe can be set for extra ball rather than replay.

Yes, it can.

#13445 4 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

I haven't played with the settings like that on an EM before. Can you set it to give an extra ball every so many points? Or just one extra ball once you hit the replay?

#13446 4 years ago

It changes the "Special" to an additional ball rather than replay. For Spanish Eyes, this means extra ball for hitting the loop after completing 1 thru 6 targets and also for hitting all of the A to E rollovers up top. To my knowledge there is no extra ball for points.

#13447 4 years ago

I own a Spanish Eyes. It can be set like a true add-a-ball. There are lights for up to 9 balls to play. As stated above, A-E adds a ball and resets. Hitting 1-6 lights the center loop for another ball. There are at least three score thresholds to add a ball. Mine is set at 30,000, 50,000, and 130,000.

#13448 4 years ago

Doh...I guess my score thresholds are off. Maybe I should find them...

#13449 4 years ago

Jones plug female and male pin assembly in the back can be set to just about any 1000-based score.

#13450 4 years ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

I own a Spanish Eyes. It can be set like a true add-a-ball. There are lights for up to 9 balls to play. As stated above, A-E adds a ball and resets. Hitting 1-6 lights the center loop for another ball. There are at least three score thresholds to add a ball. Mine is set at 30,000, 50,000, and 130,000.

No kidding, I guess Granada isn't that special after all. Either way, I think if I came home with another pinball right now my girl might actually kill me.

There are 20,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 269 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/269?hl=pinmasher and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.