1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 20,656 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 414.
#12601 4 years ago

What's with the free dirty harry that has been posted more than once by the guy in Roseville? Record time on being flagged for deletion.

#12603 4 years ago

Anybody in Wisconsin ever drive east to MD? Would love to get this. Have a Houdini and Stern Indy Jones

#12604 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anybody in Wisconsin ever drive east to MD? Would love to get this. Have a Houdini and Stern Indy Jones

I will be driving to Pitt for Pinburgh. Could assist likely if you are going there also?

#12605 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will be driving to Pitt for Pinburgh. Could assist likely if you are going there also?

Really appreciate the offer. Prob too far out. But thx!

#12606 4 years ago

I have a players Demo Man missing a couple of plastics with an intermediate elavator issue thinking about trading might list to sell

#12607 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I had one of my customers tell me if you put $100 on it you get more games. Which might be worth looking into and a better deal if you go there a lot.

A week old, but this is definitely true. If you're just there for lunch and buy a $5 card, you're paying too much for a game of pinball.

The games take 5.5 "credits" for a single game. Swiping a second time gets you 3 games for 11 "credits"
I've decided $50 is my "If I buy a larger card than this I'll question my sanity" point. A $50 card gets you 350 credits.

A little math later:
350 credits / (11 credits / 3 games) and you're at 95 games for $50. Approaching the 50 cents a game level, which is pretty nice for modern Sterns.

And as John mentioned - the replay levels at SPT are set pretty low. (And I think the match might actually be set at over 10%.) Additionally, they're set to bottom the replay level back out after just a few bad games. I'm a decent but not great player, and multiple times I've gone to play, swiped my card twice for three games, and then proceeded to play 10+ games for those 11 credits. The only downside to things that I can see is that I'll go to play some games and end up playing the same table for an hour straight cause it just keeps popping replays and matches.

#12608 4 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

A week old, but this is definitely true. If you're just there for lunch and buy a $5 card, you're paying too much for a game of pinball.
The games take 5.5 "credits" for a single game. Swiping a second time gets you 3 games for 11 "credits"
I've decided $50 is my "If I buy a larger card than this I'll question my sanity" point. A $50 card gets you 350 credits.
A little math later:
350 credits / (11 credits / 3 games) and you're at 95 games for $50. Approaching the 50 cents a game level, which is pretty nice for modern Sterns.
And as John mentioned - the replay levels at SPT are set pretty low. (And I think the match might actually be set at over 10%.) Additionally, they're set to bottom the replay level back out after just a few bad games. I'm a decent but not great player, and multiple times I've gone to play, swiped my card twice for three games, and then proceeded to play 10+ games for those 11 credits. The only downside to things that I can see is that I'll go to play some games and end up playing the same table for an hour straight cause it just keeps popping replays and matches.

And now that it’s been talked about, it will be changed.

“The first rule of fight club is you don’t talk about fight club.”

#12609 4 years ago

I’ll be heading up to the twin cities in early June.

Could likely assist with transport from Madison if anyone needs a hand.

More importantly, I am shopping. What is coming up for sale in the cities? Y’all know what I like

#12610 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

And now that it’s been talked about, it will be changed.
“The first rule of fight club is you don’t talk about fight club.”

Whoops. Loose lips sink ships. Ships and replay levels.

The Beatles machine at Blainbrook was set to 6 credits for a dollar the entire time it was there. Apparently the operator (Someone other than Donny who owns a majority of the machines there) knew and didn't care.

Trip report for Saint Paul's other new(ish) place to play location pinball.
The Ox Cart in lowertown.

Similar to Saint Paul Tap in ways. Arcade/Bar with 5 pinballs. Uses cards instead of quarters or tokens. Went to have a couple drinks and play pinball before an anniversary dinner (My wife's idea, I swear.) this past weekend. Same situation - in order to get the cost per game down to where you're used to, you need to buy a larger card.

Games were 5 credits apiece.
$5 gets you 20 credits. $10 gets you 40. No bonus credits until $20 gets you 100.

I don't get down there often enough to justify buying a larger card, so we just paid $10 for what comes out to 8 games. Over the standard $1/game but not the end of the world.

The good:
Walked up to the machines and there were 3 credits on Aerosmith already and another on Deadpool. There you go. We're under a buck a game.
Replay levels seemed low - Aerosmith knocked a replay on the first game at around 15M. Not really sure how fast that bottoms back out though.
Five machine lineup - four newer Stern pros : Aerosmith, Deadpool, Munsters and Star Wars, as well as Sopranos.

The bad:
It's loud. The machines may as well have the sound off. The bar isn't that big and everything is essentially in one big room. The machines are basically 10 feet from the bar. Big thumbs up the Saint Paul Tap's layout in comparison.
Not sure who the operator is, but of the three machines we played - two had issues. 2 balls stuck in Aerosmith's elevator. No way to lock balls towards that multiball, and while you can still abort toybox multiballs up to level 6, you still just get four balls. Perfectly playable, but annoying if you know what's going on. Worse, the drop target in front of the boat ramp on Sopranos wouldn't fully go down. No way to lock balls, as the top third or so of the drop was sticking up and acting like a ramp, sending any shot that would normally go up the ramp flying off in whatever direction it felt like.
I HATE AIR HOCKEY. They have some monsterous square air hockey table that allows four people to play at once. I shudder to think of the tink tink tink tink tink tink noise that that thing makes. It was out of order though.

Despite my grumpy old man act, I'd still give it a thumbs up. It's not going to be your new favorite place to play if you live on the East side, but it's still a bar with five pinballs. Basically across the street from CHS field, so great for a little pre-Saints game pinball / drinks if you're in the mood.

#12611 4 years ago

Nice review.
Been wondering 'bout the Ox,
just haven't got down there yet.

#12612 4 years ago

Rob Zombie for sale:

#12613 4 years ago

Wheel of Fortune for sale:

Machine - For Sale
Wheel of Fortune Archived
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “HUO - Wheel of Fortune. Excellent Condition and Low plays. Nicest WOF I have seen. $4200 cash and carry. Will not ship. No Trades. I need space ! REDUCED $4100 Cash will buy it. ...”
2019-05-20
Grafton, WI
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 188 times

#12614 4 years ago

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “For sale, awesome HUO AS Pro. Love this game but needs a new home. LED mods in back glass and extra GI. Titan clear rubbers, color accent flippers, lighted flipper buttons, ar...”
2019-06-24
Lakeville, MN
4,700 (OBO)
Archived after: 28 days
Viewed: 1681 times

Selling my Aerosmith.

#12615 4 years ago

Making regular trips to the MN if anyone there is interested I can deliver.

#12616 4 years ago

Anyone trying to switch up their collection a bit and sell me a Whirlwind, Jurassic Park (either one), Paragon, Farfalla, or one of the other 20 games in my wishlist? I’m really just trying to help you guys out here

#12617 4 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Anyone trying to switch up their collection a bit and sell me a Whirlwind, Jurassic Park (either one), Paragon, Farfalla, or one of the other 20 games in my wishlist? I’m really just trying to help you guys out here

I could always sell my pinball magic, but I'm doubtful anyone wants to pay my price. One of 20 samples so I'd have to get a pretty penny for it as I'd never find another.

#12618 4 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Wish you had something to trade. I have quite a few on your wishlist (you have good taste) but not interested in selling outright.

#12619 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Wish you had something to trade. I have quite a few on your wishlist (you have good taste) but not interested in selling outright.

That’s my problem, I only have EMs right now and most people want to trade for 80’s and later. Hopefully I’ll catch someone who wants to pick up a NIB or something.

#12620 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

I could always sell my pinball magic, but I'm doubtful anyone wants to pay my price. One of 20 samples so I'd have to get a pretty penny for it as I'd never find another.

That’s the thing about those samples - if you get one you really can’t get rid of it if you ever think you might want it back! I’m having that same issue trying to pick up a skill roll, no one wants to get rid of them because they are worried about when they will be able to get another one.

#12621 4 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

That’s the thing about those samples - if you get one you really can’t get rid of it if you ever think you might want it back! I’m having that same issue trying to pick up a skill roll, no one wants to get rid of them because they are worried about when they will be able to get another one.

Agreed, I lucked into this one. There are some samples I wouldn't want, FH with the system 11 sound board for example since you are stuck on early code. Al's Garage Band is another. Luckily for PM it runs the latest and greatest, it just has some interesting hardware differences here and there.

#12622 4 years ago

Will sell my woodrail too :

Machine - For Sale
Straight Shooter Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Straight Shooter. Plays great. Shay Repro Backglass. New playfield plastics. New Backglass and plastics are about Five hundred dollars in upgrades alone... Nice playfield and soli...”
2019-05-22
Grafton, WI
900 (OBO)
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 142 times

#12623 4 years ago

Wanted in Twin Cities Area: Sheet of Standard Playfield Glass

43 x 21 x 3/16"

Please recommend a glass shop here than can cut a sheet of tempered glass for a pinball.

Or, if you happen to have a spare sheet for sale and you're not too far from Minneapolis, I will gladly buy yours. I set mine down carelessly and - poof! - she was no more. Now I have a heap of beads and they're crackling. That's right, I wrote "crackling." They're making noise, releasing energy for some reason. Weird.

I see Brin Glass Co, SummitGlass, and Hopkins Glass in the Yellow Pages. Anyone buy sheets from any of these shops?

#12624 4 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Please recommend a glass shop here than can cut a sheet of tempered glass for a pinball.

They cut it and then temper it.

Call Greg, he can help you.

LTG : )

#12625 4 years ago

Stern Pinball Box: Free For the Taking!

I have a nice, intact, complete Stern pinball box, with pallet, for anyone who would like it.

Pickup in Minneapolis, near Uptown.

Includes all original packing materials.

Use it to ship your pinball out of state.

PM me if you're interested.

Stern.Box (resized).jpgStern.Box (resized).jpg
#12626 4 years ago

You might check with Al up in Fridley.

LTG : )

#12627 4 years ago

Al in Fridley has glass at around $60 each, though.

#12628 4 years ago

I may be listing a very nice HUO Spider-Man in the next couple days. Let me know if you're interested.

#12629 4 years ago

43 x 21 x 3/16"
Or, if you happen to have a spare sheet for sale and you're not too far from Minneapolis, I will gladly buy yours. I set mine down carelessly and - poof! - she was no more. Now I have a heap of beads and they're crackling. That's right, I wrote "crackling." They're making noise, releasing energy for some reason. Weird.
I see Brin Glass Co, SummitGlass, and Hopkins Glass in the Yellow Pages. Anyone buy sheets from any of these shops?

John Ross from Pinball Plus has it for sale too -- or at least he did a couple of years ago when I needed one.

I know what you mean about the crackling -- I had a shower door explode in my hands a few months ago. It was creepy. And it'll take you weeks/months to get every shard of glass out. I kept stepping on them in the bathroom, even after sweeping/vaccuuming many times.

#12630 4 years ago

I have a used decent glass you can have for free just pm me and i can set out for you.

#12631 4 years ago

43 x 21 x 3/16"

I have a used piece as well Jason. Not exactly sure it's condition since it's been tucked away for a few years. It's yours if you want it. PM me if interested.

#12632 4 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

My friend was offered 3k for his Skill Roll... and said no. I get it... the game is too much fun and would be impossible to replace.

I wouldn't say impossible. I seem to see them all over the place. Paul R had 3 of them sitting at his place for repairs. they made a crapton of them, but they are a blast.

#12633 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

=they made a crapton of them

1500 units produced. And most seem to be in our area. Not a crapton but a fair number for a game of that time period. Try to find one for sale these days. Most are firmed up in collections.

I'm guessing that guy waving $3k around eventually found one.

#12634 4 years ago

seems like a lot more than 1500, with the way they are around here.

#12635 4 years ago

Any EM restorers for hire in the Minnesota area? Maybe even willing to drive a decent distance to Wisconsin. Not looking for HEP type restorations, just looking to make a game playable and decently presentable. PM me directly if you have solid info.

#12636 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Any EM restorers for hire in the Minnesota area? Maybe even willing to drive a decent distance to Wisconsin. Not looking for HEP type restorations, just looking to make a game playable and decently presentable. PM me directly if you have solid info.

Didn’t you have the NicoVolta experience? You should be a whiz at em games now unless you’re looking at a total basket case/project?

#12637 4 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Didn’t you have the NicoVolta experience? You should be a whiz at em games now unless you’re looking at a total basket case/project?

Good memory. Learned a lot for sure. But I’m looking for someone to go beyond what I know how to do.

#12638 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Might try Rod (@dirtflipper), if he has the time, definitely a good option

#12639 4 years ago

Straight Shooter woodrail reduced to $900

This is a nice woodrail with a new backglass and playfield plastics etc. Fun player with 4 flippers. Even has accessory Cigarette Holders.

Machine - For Sale
Straight Shooter Archived
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Straight Shooter. Plays great. Shay Repro Backglass. New playfield plastics. New Backglass and plastics are about Five hundred dollars in upgrades alone... Nice playfield and soli...”
2019-05-22
Grafton, WI
900 (OBO)
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 142 times

#12640 4 years ago

Wheel Of Fortune reduced to $4100

Beautiful Condition HUO

Machine - For Sale
Wheel of Fortune Archived
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “HUO - Wheel of Fortune. Excellent Condition and Low plays. Nicest WOF I have seen. $4200 cash and carry. Will not ship. No Trades. I need space ! REDUCED $4100 Cash will buy it. ...”
2019-05-20
Grafton, WI
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 188 times

#12641 4 years ago

Rob Zombie reduced to $4800 obo

HUO, very low plays, topper etc . Beautiful.

#12642 4 years ago

Hey Everyone,

I will be hosting the pinball tournament this Thursday, May 30 at 6 PM at Player 2 Arcade Bar in Appleton (215 E College Ave, Appleton, WI 54911). It will be a 3-strikes format and will have a $5 buy-in, with all fees going back to the winners.

Player 2 has an awesome line up of games, including:

• Deadpool
• Metallica
• The Walking Dead
• Aerosmith
• Dialed In
• Batman 66
• Star Trek
• Transformers
• Guardians of the Galaxy
• Iron Maiden

I hope you can make it to the tournament, it should be a good time.

Thanks,
Eric

#12643 4 years ago

I managed to fit 3 widebody Gottleibs in my shortbed pickup this weekend. Down side is I am short 1 Haunted House Head cabinet if anyone has an extra laying around so I can rebuild the parts cabinet.

IMG_1067 (resized).JPGIMG_1067 (resized).JPG
IMG_1070 (resized).JPGIMG_1070 (resized).JPG

#12644 4 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

I managed to fit 3 widebody Gottleibs in my shortbed pickup this weekend. Down side is I am short 1 Haunted House Head cabinet if anyone has an extra laying around so I can rebuild the parts cabinet.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Nice grab

#12645 4 years ago

It was like pinball tetris getting it all in there I forgot how much I hate moving these widebody Gottliebs.. A labor of love perhaps? The Black Hole I had to lift up over the wheel hump to get it in there like that and the BH head cab rode shotgun. I almost came back with another un named widebody strapped to the tailgate but 3 is enough for now.
I've been evaluating the Haunted Houses today and after the A/B swapping one is definitely a "parts" playfield aka ought to be replaced but I still want to revive it so one will be a long term project. The keeper however.. I know for certain I have at least 2 sets of multiball trough assemblies in my parts bins. But I have to finish EBD first...

#12646 4 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

It was like pinball tetris getting it all in there I forgot how much I hate moving these widebody Gottliebs.. A labor of love perhaps? The Black Hole I had to lift up over the wheel hump to get it in there like that and the BH head cab rode shotgun. I almost came back with another un named widebody strapped to the tailgate but 3 is enough for now.
I've been evaluating the Haunted Houses today and after the A/B swapping one is definitely a "parts" playfield aka ought to be replaced but I still want to revive it so one will be a long term project. The keeper however.. I know for certain I have at least 2 sets of multiball trough assemblies in my parts bins. But I have to finish EBD first...

I love chasing these projects. Keep some, fix and sell some, pass some on as is. Might be my favorite part of the hobby. The well is dry right now do I think I will take a shot at some arcade games next month.

#12647 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

The well is dry right now do I think I will take a shot at some arcade games next month.

You are going the wrong way. I though we all started with arcades and graduated to pinball? I think it funny how I started off collecting arcades 15 years ago because I thought I couldn't afford pinball machines back then...

#12648 4 years ago

Wow...totally jelly of your score! Any thoughts of selling the second HH as is? Need one to keep my BH company too.

#12649 4 years ago
Quoted from 20eyes:

You are going the wrong way. I though we all started with arcades and graduated to pinball? I think it funny how I started off collecting arcades 15 years ago because I thought I couldn't afford pinball machines back then...

Same here. Who would spend $1500 on Centaur when you can get Centipede for $250? if I can pull the right arcades out of hiding they will help fund the pinball a little.

#12650 4 years ago

Does anyone here know or can vouch for the person selling the street fighter 2 on Roseville craigslist? The cab looks rough but the playfield is decent, and so is the price. It’s a decent drive from me, but I’m not ruling it out completely

There are 20,656 posts in this topic. You are on page 253 of 414.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/253 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.