1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 415.
#12551 4 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Damn that's a GREAT price. Those are the ones I bought for several of my games, they don't have any screw holes on the curved part so you don't have screw holes on your game.

Yup! I usually get them at mgc from terry so there isn’t shipping. But I like having those on my games. They also fit sega’s I hear.

#12552 4 years ago

I bought those from Pinball Life within the last year and was not happy. The powdercoat was a real rough texture and did not match any stern lockdown bar i have ever seen. Plus the flipper button holes were huge and did not line up. Makes no sense why they are so big since the goal is to fit snug and prevent wear around the buttons. I returned them and got these from marco. Hope this helps, I saw some other posts warning of the Pinball Life ones after I had already purchased them.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-9596-XX

#12553 4 years ago
Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

I bought those from Pinball Life within the last year and was not happy. The powdercoat was a real rough texture and did not match any stern lockdown bar i have ever seen. Plus the flipper button holes were huge and did not line up. Makes no sense why they are so big since the goal is to fit snug and prevent wear around the buttons. I returned them and got these from marco. Hope this helps, I saw some other posts warning of the Pinball Life ones after I had already purchased them.

I don't mind the coating, it isn't perfect but it works. Also the hole is large as, like cars, every game will have buttons just a tad different location. "same" but they'll be off a little.

#12554 4 years ago

Thanks for the heads up. That’s good information to have and maybe why they are listed so cheaply.

#12555 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

They also fit sega’s I hear.

Yes they do, I've got them on my Batman Forever.

Hmmmm no problems with mine. I had mine chromed and powdercoated so the texture of theirs didn't make any dif.

#12556 4 years ago

Casa Deli Near SS Billiards is having a celebration. Stop by and enjoy the fun. Music, food, roast corn, bounce house for the kids.

LTG : )

59405090_1122586987946343_7691533029742739456_n (resized).jpg59405090_1122586987946343_7691533029742739456_n (resized).jpg59891658_10216461264916540_4974598999613898752_o (resized).jpg59891658_10216461264916540_4974598999613898752_o (resized).jpg
#12557 4 years ago

We had an epic finals in our Black Knight Launch Party last night! Little back story, Black Knight has been on route for about a month now at the location. Grand Champion score on it was 330 million with EBs. We had unlimited qualifying for 5 hours during the event, factory settings but no EBs. Top score for qualifying was 320 million. Final four comes down to Ben Granger, Luke Nahorniak, Chris Frame and myself. For 4 players, it took us 1 hour and 10 minutes to play just one game in the finals on Black Knight. A few monster scores, incredible balls, great comebacks from multiple players and the Black Castle Wizard Mode all happened during that round. If you are interested, you should check out the recorded Twitch stream from last night, it is a great watch. It shows a lot of the game, some great strategy and really focused playing. Finals round starts at about the 5 hour and 30 minute mark in the stream. The first big ball is at the 5 hour and 34 minute mark and then it gets crazy from there.

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/420863367

#12558 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

We had an epic finals in our Black Knight Launch Party last night!

that was an amazing finish there JTJ!

#12559 4 years ago

Today May 9th is my 6th anniversary of doing tech support for Jersey Jack Pinball. I'm grateful for all the friends I've made. Jersey Jack Pinball co-workers, distributors, and customers. To celebrate this occasion at my business SS Billiards, I will give any one stopping in today six games on their favorite Jersey Jack Pinball machine here. I have the full line up. WOZ, Hobbit, Dialed In, and Pirates. So come on in and help me celebrate ! It's been a great six years ! Thank you.

#12560 4 years ago

I'm very new to pinball (just started playing this year) but the addiction is definitely kicking in lol. Does anyone in the Wi/Mn area have pins for sale in the 2K area?

Thanks

#12561 4 years ago
Quoted from Derrik:

I'm very new to pinball (just started playing this year) but the addiction is definitely kicking in lol. Does anyone in the Wi/Mn area have pins for sale in the 2K area?
Thanks

Welcome! Make sure you clear enough space for the next one, they multiply like rabbits.

Do you know what era or style of pin you would be looking for (example - early EM, late EM, system 11, etc.)

#12562 4 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Welcome! Make sure you clear enough space for the next one, they multiply like rabbits.
Do you know what era or style of pin you would be looking for (example - early EM, late EM, system 11, etc.)

Thanks for the welcome and the warning.

I'm open to any pin honestly. I was just curious about what's for sale in this area. I am first time buyer so I'm not too particular. I just want something I can practice on. I understand EMs are probably what I'm going to have to go for with my budget, but I could probably bump my funds up to 3k if need be.

#12563 4 years ago
Quoted from Derrik:

Thanks for the welcome and the warning.
I'm open to any pin honestly. I was just curious about what's for sale in this area. I am first time buyer so I'm not too particular. I just want something I can practice on. I understand EMs are probably what I'm going to have to go for with my budget, but I could probably bump my funds up to 3k if need be.

You could easily get a very fun early solid state (late 70s - mid 80s) with a 2k budget. Hold out for something good. What's your location?

#12564 4 years ago
Quoted from Derrik:

Does anyone in the Wi/Mn area have pins for sale in the 2K area?

Pinball Warehouse has a nice Grand Lizard for 2000 bucks. Gets you into a system 11 pin and you have some warranty with them. 1 month I think. Could be a good way to ease into the hobby, without having a bunch of issues to overcome early.

#12565 4 years ago

Heck if you like EMs you could buy my whole pinball collection for under $2000.

WilliamsAABs (resized).JPGWilliamsAABs (resized).JPG
#12566 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Heck if you like EMs you could buy my whole pinball collection for under $2000.
[quoted image]

Does that include the Skill Roll listed under your collection?

#12567 4 years ago

Nope, just the 3 pinballs.

#12568 4 years ago

Yeah you could buy a lot of machines (in the sense of options, not necessarily quantity) with $2k - How many do you have space for? It all depends what you want. If you’re looking for quantity, non - Gottlieb EMs are your friend. Otherwise possibly a fully working system 11 if you want something that feels “newer” that someone has gone through. Word of advice - Don’t buy a project out of the gate. Also ratings can be skewed from time to time - I have found most pinball machines are pretty awesome if you give them a chance.

#12569 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Does that include the Skill Roll listed under your collection?

Don’t even get me started on that skill roll...I think we should auction it off right here

#12570 4 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Yeah you could buy a lot of machines (in the sense of options, not necessarily quantity) with $2k - How many do you have space for? It all depends what you want. If you’re looking for quantity, non - Gottlieb EMs are your friend. Otherwise possibly a fully working system 11 if you want something that feels “newer” that someone has gone through. Word of advice - Don’t buy a project out of the gate. Also ratings can be skewed from time to time - I have found most pinball machines are pretty awesome if you give them a chance.

#12571 4 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

Don’t even get me started on that skill roll...I think we should auction it off right here

I’ll start the bids at 1000

#12572 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I’ll start the bids at 1000

I’ll go $1,250 - but would like to see pictures lol

#12573 4 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

I’ll go $1,250 - but would like to see pictures lol

I figure that's about what they should go for but have been offered quite a bit more. One of those oh shit maybe I should moments. I told the interested party if he could get the nickle to the bottom on the next try I would sell it to him. He didn't and the feeling of relief made the decision to keep it easier. Then later he texted an offer of a couple hundred more. After saying no so many times it gets easier. Never say never but not right now.

#12574 4 years ago

My friend was offered 3k for his Skill Roll... and said no. I get it... the game is too much fun and would be impossible to replace.

#12575 4 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

My friend was offered 3k for his Skill Roll... and said no. I get it... the game is too much fun and would be impossible to replace.

That's the tough part. I've picked up a few of these in project form over the years fairly cheap. Now they seem to have pretty much dried up. $3k would make me think hard about it. But then you realize you're not going to be able to replace it if you decide you miss it.

#12576 4 years ago

I read a couple bad stories about bouncers at St Paul Tap. Anyone know anything about this place and what their rules are? Apparently after 8pm there's a dress code? And some inconsistencies about 18+ age rules?

#12577 4 years ago

I posted a separate thread, but thought it would be worth checking here. Would anyone be interested in splitting a mixed set of Game of Thrones Stark/Lannister siderails? I would like a mixed set that matches the pro artwork (Stark left, Lannister right). Since they are only sold in matched pairs, that would leave the opposites available. I figure anyone with a premium wouldn't care at all since the sides aren't house specific, and there are probably some people with a pro that wouldn't be bothered by the non-matched sides. The ones I am looking at are a pretty good discount off of the original price, so it would be a great deal with someone who wants both styles. Let me know and hopefully we can work out a good deal!

#12578 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I read a couple bad stories about bouncers at St Paul Tap. Anyone know anything about this place and what their rules are? Apparently after 8pm there's a dress code? And some inconsistencies about 18+ age rules?

I saw the same posting on Facebook that you're referring to. I can't help with regards to the dress code since I was there for lunch and dressed in business casual attire. I have only been there once and the games were in great shape (but they should have been since they just opened a week or two before). My own experience was that the food was good, but the pins were super expensive. Had to buy a rechargeable card for $5 since I was just there for lunch. Figured I'd get at least 5 games out of it... boy was I WRONG. The pins were setup on points, not dollars and the first 3 games left me with not enough points to play a fourth game. So since I wasn't coming back (don't live anywhere near there), I did the math which meant I basically spent $1.67 per game. Of course, the actual points were closer to $1.33 per game or something like that, but with leftover points that were of no use to me, hopefully you get my point. In either case, I'm not sure if the pricing is still the same, but won't be going back at that price!! I will add that this was a couple months ago and I might be off on my math a bit, but hopefully not... I do remember it being much more expensive than I had hoped. I do fully support local operators and realize it's not cheap... but theres a point at which I'd just rather stay home and play my collection.

#12579 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

Had to buy a rechargeable card for $5 since I was just there for lunch. Figured I'd get at least 5 games out of it... boy was I WRONG.

I had one of my customers tell me if you put $100 on it you get more games. Which might be worth looking into and a better deal if you go there a lot.

Disclaimer : You spend a $100 during a visit to my place I'll get you a pizza from Pizza Lucé.

#12580 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I saw the same posting on Facebook that you're referring to. I can't help with regards to the dress code since I was there for lunch and dressed in business casual attire. I have only been there once and the games were in great shape (but they should have been since they just opened a week or two before). My own experience was that the food was good, but the pins were super expensive. Had to buy a rechargeable card for $5 since I was just there for lunch. Figured I'd get at least 5 games out of it... boy was I WRONG. The pins were setup on points, not dollars and the first 3 games left me with not enough points to play a fourth game. So since I wasn't coming back (don't live anywhere near there), I did the math which meant I basically spent $1.67 per game. Of course, the actual points were closer to $1.33 per game or something like that, but with leftover points that were of no use to me, hopefully you get my point. In either case, I'm not sure if the pricing is still the same, but won't be going back at that price!! I will add that this was a couple months ago and I might be off on my math a bit, but hopefully not... I do remember it being much more expensive than I had hoped. I do fully support local operators and realize it's not cheap... but theres a point at which I'd just rather stay home and play my collection.

Good to know as we're up in the Twin Cities area a few times a year. Based on your experience and those on Facebook, I doubt we'll be going there anytime soon.

#12581 4 years ago

I went to St. Paul tap a week ago, and it didn't seem like my credits went far, or they went sideways.

There were two BK:SOFs there. First one wouldn't accept my card, so I used the other one.All the pins seemed to like adding an additional credit(I'm assuming from my card) when I only meant 1 less. So 2 credits intended ends up being 3 credits.

Never had that problem at The Ox Cart, who also have a card system.

#12582 4 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I went to St. Paul tap a week ago, and it didn't seem like my credits went far, or they went sideways.
There were two BK:SOFs there. First one wouldn't accept my card, so I used the other one.All the pins seemed to like adding an additional credit(I'm assuming from my card) when I only meant 1 less. So 2 credits intended ends up being 3 credits.
Never had that problem at The Ox Cart, who also have a card system.

When you swipe 2x you get 3 credits. Same at the Hudson Tap. Food is great and the machines are really nice at the Hudson Tap as well. Cards purchased can be used at both places.

#12583 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I had one of my customers tell me if you put $100 on it you get more games. Which might be worth looking into and a better deal if you go there a lot.
Disclaimer : You spend a $100 during a visit to my place I'll get you a pizza from Pizza Lucé.

$100 on a card? That would be a REALLY long lunch break!!

Now the prospect of spending $100 at your place seems much more appealing. I mean, the waitress definitely isn’t as cute though... just sayin!!

#12584 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I go there more frequently then any other pinball location in the Twin Cities as it is the closest to me. I usually go late at night and I've never been hassled about getting in. They apparently do have a dress code late at night because the previous business had a problem with a bad element during those times. I don't think the dress code is enforced universally though because the complaint on Facebook was the first I had ever heard of it and I am not a snappy dresser by any means. For pricing, the games are only more expensive if you only put $5 on a card. Once you put $10 or more on a card, it works out to the typical $1.00 per game for the newer Sterns which is what they have. Plus, the replays are super low and many times casual people will scan their cards too much or walk away from matches so you usually find free games on machines when you get there. I'm as cheap as they come and it never bugged me to play there because of the cost. The operator there cares and fixes and maintains his machines, so it's worth it to me to play all the new games that will work like they should.

The second Black Knight pin that wouldn't accept credits correctly was only brought in that Saturday for the launch party the next day. It was pulled Sunday and brought to Hudson Tap. Normal games are 2 swipes for 3 credits like Tom stated above.

For me it's a near perfect venue. It's close, I have the pinball area all to myself at night...literally could play without pants and no one would be there to notice or care, the food is excellent and they have a build your own burger program that is sweet, they have TVs everywhere with a huge screen to watch whatever you want on (including live streamed pinball!) plus they have classic arcade games (like Paperboy, Super Punchout, qBert, etc) that are all running original boards and monitors...not LCDs and emulators. If I cared about console gaming and modern arcade games they even have those too.

IMHO, you'd be doing yourself a disservice not to stop there if you were in town based off a very isolated incident.

59706300_10216382672832377_4036346243998285824_n (resized).jpg59706300_10216382672832377_4036346243998285824_n (resized).jpg
#12585 4 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

When you swipe 2x you get 3 credits. Same at the Hudson Tap. Food is great and the machines are really nice at the Hudson Tap as well. Cards purchased can be used at both places.

Ah, okay. I thought I was over-tapping or something. That BK that wasn't accepting credits threw me off. I went with the girlfriend, so I put in 2x and got thrown off a bit.

The Deadpool machine was funny that night: infinite multiball. There was up to 3 balls in the trough.

#12586 4 years ago

Anyone jumping on the Indiana Jones that popped on Craigslist? If I had the coin right now...

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#12587 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

(including live streamed pinball!)

Is that only during events like a launch party ? Or all the time ?

#12588 4 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Anyone jumping on the Indiana Jones that popped on Craigslist? If I had the coin right now...
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

I inquired and was told sale pending. I’m always a bit too late.

#12589 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

I inquired and was told sale pending. I’m always a bit too late.

Yeah at 5 grand would of thought someone would have jumped it on

#12590 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Is that only during events like a launch party ? Or all the time ?

It's hooked up to a PS4 right now, so you can stream anything twitch or YouTube related up there that anyone wants. You check out the controller at the bar so we just put it on the MN_Pinball twitch stream that day, but it could be anything.

#12591 4 years ago

Just wanted to say thanks again for all the warm welcomes from Pinside folks. Right now I have a good amount of different offers from nice people selling their pins. I have a lot of research and consideration to do. Still very open minded on what I am looking to purchase.

#12592 4 years ago
Quoted from Derrik:

Still very open minded

Do you like donkeys ?

#12593 4 years ago

Anyone got a Sopranos out there they are wanting to part with?

#12594 4 years ago

Also to I'm looking for any roached or cheap used playfields for a project I'm working on. Does anyone have any or know where I buy some?

#12595 4 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Also to I'm looking for any roached or cheap used playfields for a project I'm working on. Does anyone have any or know where I buy some?

I have that Space Station in the garage and I'm close.

#12596 4 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I have a Solar Ride playfield, an abra cadabra playfield, one other EM roached playfield & a wico big top playfield. All cheap, all just sitting in my basement. I'm driving thru for memorial day & stopping by Rockford MN adds 10 minutes to my drive. PM me if interested.

#12597 4 years ago

I'm going to Green Bay tomorrow to pick something up. Any retro arcades I should hit up or the like?

#12598 4 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I'm going to Green Bay tomorrow to pick something up. Any retro arcades I should hit up or the like?

https://titletownpinball.com/event/may-matchplay-and-multi-match-play-tournament/

#12599 4 years ago

That's quite a selection of pins there. Wish it was just open for just casual play that day, as the gf and I don't have all day for a tourny.

#12600 4 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

That's quite a selection of pins there. Wish it was just open for just casual play that day, as the gf and I don't have all day for a tourny.

Titletown Pinball is only open for tournaments and a few private events. The games play great and stuff you don't see every day. It is worth paying for the tournament even if you have to bail out a little early.

There are 20,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/252?hl=matthew2000tx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.