1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 415.
#12151 5 years ago
Quoted from roger0043:

Hey Josh,
Coming to MGC this year?

Rog! Not quite there yet. Maybe next year. I'm in the midst of a move and I will barely be settled by then!

#12152 5 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Hmm, is that a 750mL of cask strength Maker's I see there? That should keep you warm.

Yes it is! 111.6 proof will get you where you need to go.

#12153 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

/sarcasm?
I had the worst "senioritis" when I was in high school. I'm surprised they let me graduate! I hated high school...

First two years were so-so, but the last two were absolutely the best. Great group of people, some pretty cool teachers, a few great parties, crusing HWY 100 during it's last years, cruising Whitnal park on the weekends, seeing The Wall/Tommy at the Drive in, concerts at Alpine Valley...truly some magical times. College was ok, but Senior year was the boss.

#12154 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Playing the silver ball still?

Barely! Been a whirlwind of activites over the past 4 years. Probably put down 5 games TOTAL.

Howdy!

Quoted from Whysnow:

What is new? How is the boy?

All's well been a long few years, got another kid, moved, seriously lacking pinball.

Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey Dude,
I hope life is treating you well. Good to see a friendly face.

Life is alright! Good to see you are still around!

Forgot how awesome this place was! Hope you all are staying warm and out of the elements! This cold Sh*t is nuts.

#12155 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

First two years were so-so, but the last two were absolutely the best. Great group of people, some pretty cool teachers, a few great parties, crusing HWY 100 during it's last years, cruising Whitnal park on the weekends, concerts at Alpine Valley...truly some magical times. College was ok, but Senior year was the boss.

I was in small town and definitely didn't belong. Couldn't wait to get to a place where I could better fit in and didn't feel like a sore thumb everywhere I went! Madison was/is good to me and for me. There have been lots of times where I've reminisced on my college days. I had some good times in high school too, but hormones, making poor decisions, and generally not enjoying the way I was treated and I couldn't be done with that part of my life soon enough! Just glad I made it to where I can waste money on pinball

#12156 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I don't know, Senior year is very special...I would think they would want to enjoy every day of it.

He is ready to move on. Wants to go to a school where there are more people. He went to state for basketball last year and for track as a Sophomore and Junior. He has pretty much done what he wants to do here.

Plus he's an old Senior. Turned 18 in September so if he was born two weeks earlier he would already be in college.

#12157 5 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

It's always nice to plan ahead for days like these.
[quoted image]

omw

#12158 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I was in small town and definitely didn't belong. Couldn't wait to get to a place where I could better fit in and didn't feel like a sore thumb everywhere I went! Madison was/is good to me and for me. There have been lots of times where I've reminisced on my college days. I had some good times in high school too, but hormones, making poor decisions, and generally not enjoying the way I was treated and I couldn't be done with that part of my life soon enough! Just glad I made it to where I can waste money on pinball

I was lucky enough that my high school had students literally from all over Milwaukee County. I can imagine that a regional or local HS would have been much different. We didn't see each other outside of school unless we planned it, and that's what made it fun. Traveling to parts of the county I never would have found myself in.

#12159 5 years ago

I'm open. Trying to get van going in between tech support calls.

LTG : )

#12160 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

DON'T have kids

I dont think you can do an 11 yr abortion. And they are smart enough to figure out how to get home if you drop him somewhere. Too late!!! Lol

#12161 5 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

I dont think you can do an 11 yr abortion. And they are smart enough to figure out how to get home if you drop him somewhere. Too late!!! Lol

Yeah....that's called murder lol

#12162 5 years ago

My senior year was great. 1st semester had 4 classes and two of those were in the school store selling stuff. Took it easy the last semester, only 3 classes and again 2 were in school store Done by 10:30 or 11:00. Just hung around school or took off with friends.

#12163 5 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

Never too late to drop em off at the local fire department.

#12164 5 years ago

Hey Josh jonogo here is a great chance to connect back up with lots of people in a one shot, coming up soon. Our first St. Paul based event in well over a year, so hopefully all you Eastsiders can make it out for some fun.

Munsters Launch Party Info:

https://www.facebook.com/events/374218916704553/

Come out and celebrate the newest pinball machine from Stern Pinball! There will be THREE Munsters pinball machines on site, so there will be plenty of opportunities to get games in! Beatles Gold, Iron Maiden, Deadpool, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Aerosmith, Guardians of the Galaxy, Addams Family and KISS are also on site and available to play FOR FREE for all paid participants!

This is a fun, casual event for pinball fans of all ages and skill sets. All paid participants are eligible for random draw giveaways, pinball prizes, drink specials and all the pinball they can play...plus cash, translites and a Grand Champion trophy for the top finishers in the event. There will also be Stern Beatles, Deadpool and Munsters Pinball flyers and other goodies that all participants can pick from to take home as well!

In addition to pinball, there are also PS4, Switch and Xbox consoles on site to play, as well as current hit arcade games plus classic arcade games of the past, along with life size Jenga, shuffle bowling and more!

Cost is $10 and that fee includes a free Surly beer (or pop), $1.00 Surly beer discount all event long, prize drawing entry, optional tournament entry and access to all the pinball machines on free play for the entire event!

Prizes:
Grand Champion Tournament Trophy
Ca$h
Surly T-Shirts
Surly Pint Glasses
Surly Hats
Stern Pinball Translites
Official Stern Army Dog Tags
Stern Pinball game fliers
Remote Pinball Battery Holders
...and more to be added!

Tournament:
Players can play as much as they want during free play from 12-5pm. We will take your best score during that time frame for qualifying if you want to play in the tournament. After 5:00, the top 16 (or <50% of the field) will playoff in groups of 4 until a Launch Party Champion is crowned.

Details subject to change as needed.

munsterspromo2 (resized).JPGmunsterspromo2 (resized).JPG

#12165 5 years ago

Lol! Dont get me wrong. I love em. But damn they drive me nuts sometimes.

#12166 5 years ago

https://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1828

Dropped some money off this. Hoping to get it moving

#12167 5 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I'm a big fan of the Advent speakers, especially the ones from the 70's, which I'd guess your white grill speakers are. The speakers I have on this set up were from the early 90's, made by Jensen after they bought Advent in 1989. These are the Laureate model, I also have the Heritage and Prodigy speakers from the same era. All of them are definitely above average sound quality, and I bought them a decade ago and probably paid under $150 total for all three pairs. They aren't window rattlers, but handle power well and are pretty balanced for the small room that they are in. If I feel the urge to shake the walls I've got plenty of other speakers that can get the job done, my Boston Acoustics A400's aren't allowed out of the basement according to the lady of the house.

Now I had to go check. My set is advent/3 speakers. Got them to replace the infinity rs/a I rebuilt. But I like the infinity’s sound better. I would really like to get a set of vintage Polk monitor 5s. Slightly smaller and not as harsh tweaters as the infinity’s. Needs to be tube drivin.

866FC722-6A7A-4D26-BCC4-BD4F21756D34 (resized).jpeg866FC722-6A7A-4D26-BCC4-BD4F21756D34 (resized).jpegF736298C-CDBB-4CF8-9945-C33EB0D54766 (resized).jpegF736298C-CDBB-4CF8-9945-C33EB0D54766 (resized).jpeg
#12168 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I would really like to get a set of vintage Polk monitor 5s. Slightly smaller and not as harsh tweaters as the infinity’s. Needs to be tube drivin. [quoted image][quoted image]

Love my m5s.. one of the best tweeters ever made.

#12169 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I don't know, Senior year is very special...I would think they would want to enjoy every day of it.

The last month was VERY special for me because.....

Mustang when new (resized).jpgMustang when new (resized).jpg
#12170 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Hey Josh jonogo here is a great chance to connect back up with lots of people in a one shot, coming up soon. Our first St. Paul based event in well over a year, so hopefully all you Eastsiders can make it out for some fun.
Come out and celebrate the newest pinball machine from Stern Pinball! There will be THREE Munsters pinball machines on site, so there will be plenty of opportunities to get games in! Beatles Gold, Iron Maiden, Deadpool, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Aerosmith, Guardians of the Galaxy, Addams Family and KISS are also on site and available to play FOR FREE for all paid participants!
This is a fun, casual event for pinball fans of all ages and skill sets. All paid participants are eligible for random draw giveaways, pinball prizes, drink specials and all the pinball they can play...plus cash, translites and a Grand Champion trophy for the top finishers in the event. There will also be Stern Beatles, Deadpool and Munsters Pinball flyers and other goodies that all participants can pick from to take home as well!
In addition to pinball, there are also PS4, Switch and Xbox consoles on site to play, as well as current hit arcade games plus classic arcade games of the past, along with life size Jenga, shuffle bowling and more!
Cost is $10 and that fee includes a free Surly beer (or pop), $1.00 Surly beer discount all event long, prize drawing entry, optional tournament entry and access to all the pinball machines on free play for the entire event!
Prizes:
Ca$h
Surly T-Shirts
Surly Pint Glasses
Surly Hats
Stern Pinball Translites
...and more to be added!
Tournament:
Players can play as much as they want during free play from 12-5pm. We will take your best score during that time frame for qualifying if you want to play in the tournament. After 5:00, the top 16 (or &lt;50% of the field) will playoff in groups of 4 until a Launch Party Champion is crowned.
[quoted image]

What kind of food do they have there?

#12171 5 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Now I had to go check. My set is advent/3 speakers. Got them to replace the infinity rs/a I rebuilt. But I like the infinity’s sound better. I would really like to get a set of vintage Polk monitor 5s. Slightly smaller and not as harsh tweaters as the infinity’s. Needs to be tube drivin. [quoted image][quoted image]

Killer set up.

#12172 5 years ago

Fighting cabin fever with two kids here. This weather is unreal!

20190129_172606~3 (resized).jpg20190129_172606~3 (resized).jpg
#12173 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

[quoted image]

Be-U-ti-ful !
Mach I ?

#12174 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Prizes:
Ca$h
Surly T-Shirts
Surly Pint Glasses
Surly Hats
Stern Pinball Translites
...and more to be added!
Tournament:
Players can play as much as they want during free play from 12-5pm. We will take your best score during that time frame for qualifying if you want to play in the tournament. After 5:00, the top 16 (or &lt;50% of the field) will playoff in groups of 4 until a Launch Party Champion is crowned.
[quoted image]

The Munster's launch party at St. Paul Tap looks awesome! I'll be flying back from New Orleans on the 10th, so I probably won't make it in time. Are there plans for regular meet ups/leagues? I'd be interested on getting to know people in the local scene, just hard to find time these days.

#12175 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

What kind of food do they have there?

They have a full menu and specialize in building your own burgers. They even have vegan options. The food I've had is really good.

https://www.twincities.com/2018/11/26/new-st-paul-tap-offers-build-your-own-burgers-and-more-than-50-games/

Here is the food menu...

https://www.stpaultapmn.com/food

Quoted from Seven9er:

The Munster's launch party at St. Paul Tap looks awesome! I'll be flying back from New Orleans on the 10th, so I probably won't make it in time. Are there plans for regular meet ups/leagues? I'd be interested on getting to know people in the local scene, just hard to find time these days.

The 12-5 time is a totally open free play time, so you can come and go as you please. You don't need to be there by noon or anything. The tournament will be going until 7:00 too, so the games will be on free play still, so if you can make it anytime before then, don't hesitate to come on down. And yes, they are doing a league starting in later Feb. that should be a good time. More casual focused for people to meet, talk and play some pinball. They are looking to get more people interested in playing pinball. I'll let you know all the details of that when I know which day it is for sure.

#12176 5 years ago

If anyone is looking for a new Stern machine, the MGC has a deal this year!

The Midwest Gaming Classic, in conjunction with Marco Specialties and Stern Pinball, Inc., is excited to offer special show pricing on new Stern Pinball Machines set up for play during MGC. This partnership allows you as the buyer a chance to own a machine fresh from the Stern factory at a reduced cost, in exchange for the game being set-up and on the game floor for the entirety of the show. In addition, the purchase of a game for demo at the show qualifies you for a free weekend admission to the MGC, as well as free admission to the popular MGC on-site after party Saturday, April 13th. Our goal is always to have as many new Stern pinball machines as possible set up for people to enjoy, and this partnership with Marco and Stern allows for a unique way to create a win-win for all involved. Specific terms and conditions are as follows:

Terms for Show-Game Purchases:

- Games must be ordered and paid for in advance of the Midwest Gaming Classic. Note: Games will NOT be available for purchase at or after the show at the discounted price.

- Don’t delay in ordering if you are interested, as some games are already limited in availability. Availability fluctuates daily.

- Games MUST be shipped directly to the Midwest Gaming Classic.

- All demo games are to be displayed and set to free play within the Marco Specialties booth throughout the duration of the show (until 5:00pm Sunday, April 14th).

- Games must be set up for play on Friday, April 12th. Buyers are welcome to set up their games, but if you can not be available for Friday, MGC and Marco reserve the right to set up the game on your behalf.

- Payment by credit card is available, but a 3% transaction fee will be added.

- At the conclusion of the Midwest Gaming Classic on Sunday April 14th (5:00pm), the buyer will be responsible for the removal of their pinball machine from the game hall and convention center.

- All machines will include the standard 60 Day Factory parts warranty.

- 3rd party game modifications are not allowed before or during the show (i.e. protectors, artwork, electrical, mechanical).

The following titles are currently available:

Munsters Pro
Munsters Premium
Deadpool Pro
Deadpool Premium
Iron Maiden Pro
Iron Maiden Premium
Guardians of the Galaxy Pro
Guardians of the Galaxy Premium
Star Wars Pro
Star Wars Premium
Batman 66' Premium
Ghostbusters Premium
Metallica Pro
Metallica Premium - Monsters
Star Trek Pro – Vault Edition
Star Trek Premium – Vault Edition
AC/DC Pro
AC/DC Premium – Luci Version
AC/DC Premium – Vault Edition

Please contact Aaron at [email protected] if you are interested. SERIOUS inquiries only.

#12177 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

[quoted image]

Awesome!

#12178 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Be-U-ti-ful !
Mach I ?

Thanks. 70 Grabber Orange Grabber Package. $2700 cash.

#12179 5 years ago
Quoted from Seven9er:

I hope to have a party next month weather permitting.

#12180 5 years ago

Anyone in Minneapolis interested in starting a casual once or twice a month get together at Tilt to talk pinball, play pinball, trade advice and techniques, etc.? If so, let me know. I’m happy to arrange. Thanks!

#12181 5 years ago

I finally got to visit Park Grove Bowl -- great to have pins on this side of the river again.

Unfortunately, there were some issues with the machines. I tried email support, but the email bounces back, so that didn't help.

The most important is that Aerosmith has an error about an overcurrent on Node Board 9. I was going to turn the machine off, just in case, but a thread on Pinside said people shouldn't do that so I left it alone -- the screen didn't change and it didn't seem like anything was in danger. It's unplayable though, obviously.

The left flipper button of Walking Dead is a little sticky.

The back post on Metallica never goes up. The left flipper button is also a little sticky - a couple of times it didn't register for a skill shot because it didn't register I pressed it when plunging. The "crank it up" light is also broken - never turns on.

The games are still set to 39 cents as well, which was awesome.

#12182 5 years ago

For those not already going to Titletown, come to Madison for the double launch party.

Mark your calendars and come visit Madison next weekend!

https://www.facebook.com/events/2249890825266413/

#12183 5 years ago

Looking for a IMDN Pro, or a WOZ in the 7K range if there out there.

#12184 5 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Smarty Archived
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Game plays fine but needs one flipper coil plunger. Backglass has some flacking in the red name but otherwise looks good. Cabinet is solid with original paint. I have not gone t...”
2019-02-02
Mequon, WI
Archived after: 8 days
Viewed: 484 times
Contributed to Pinside

#12185 5 years ago

A great event just got better! Since there is only one Beatles pin, I am combining The Munsters and The Beatles Launch Parties for this Sunday, Feb. 10th from 12-5pm. So now there will be twice as many random draw prizes and double the tournament potential. This is a fun, casual event for pinball fans of all ages and skill sets. All paid participants are eligible for random draw giveaways, pinball swag, tournaments, drink specials and all the pinball they can play. I've updated the original event picture and description with full details.

PLUS, because there is only one Beatles pinball machine, I am opening up qualifying on Beatles all week long through the event till 5:00pm that day. So stop into St. Paul Tap anytime this week, play Beatles, take a picture of your score (entire backglass to prove it was at St. Paul Tap) and then post it in the Facebook event discussion to have it counted as qualifying for the event. And don't worry, if you can't make it in this week, qualifying will be available from 12-5pm just as it normally would be as well. Any other questions just ask!

beatles (resized).JPGbeatles (resized).JPGmunbeatles (resized).JPGmunbeatles (resized).JPG
#12186 5 years ago

Finally getting a chance to check out I/O tomorrow night while in town for work. Very excited.

#12187 5 years ago

Anyone have a System 11 machine they are thinking about selling?

#12188 5 years ago

For Sale in Minneapolis:

2018 Metallica PROmium - HUO/200-plays/Color DMD/Total Lightshow

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/73822

MET.main.powered (resized).jpgMET.main.powered (resized).jpg
#12189 5 years ago

Well my fellow Minnesotans,
we seem to be getting
payback for a rather mild January.
Itsa comin' down out there!

#12190 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Well my fellow Minnesotans,
we seem to be getting
payback for a rather mild January.
Itsa comin' down out there!

Yeah that's for sure, I wonder when it will be finally over so I can bring out the snowblower.

#12191 5 years ago

Yep, just got mine tuned-up.

#12192 5 years ago

Ugh

20190207_134508 (resized).jpg20190207_134508 (resized).jpg
#12193 5 years ago

You know you can use the snow blower now for fun, and then just do it again after the snow stops, right?

#12194 5 years ago

LOL, yeah I've snow blowed last night, this AM, then shoveled before leaving for work (3' wide shovel) and it is supposed to snow all day....Would rather snow blow a few times and have it manageable than wait and have 2' with the end of the driveway the ice crap :/

#12195 5 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Ugh
[quoted image]

That looks like fine! We got 8 inches of snow, then -50F windchill, then rain. No snow to play in!

I don't mind the snow. It's the ice/sleet (what we're getting now) and the cold ass temps that I hate.

#12196 5 years ago

Anyone in the Twin Cities that wants to ride with me to TPF, split gas and driving. PM me.

#12197 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Anyone in the Twin Cities that wants to ride with me to TPF, split gas and driving. PM me.

THAT is one tempting offer!

#12198 5 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Ugh
[quoted image]

Yeah, I'm sick of this shit too..

20190207_161552 (resized).jpg20190207_161552 (resized).jpg
#12199 5 years ago

If the dumb dumbs without snow tires would get off the road I could have some fun

#12200 5 years ago

Wife hit a patch of ice on 494 and hit the center barrier, damaging the bumper to the tune of $5k... I guess it's insurance time.

There are 20,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/244?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.