1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 415.
#12051 5 years ago
Quoted from sped372:

Hi - I'm pretty new to the hobby and located in Wisconsin. Halfway serious about picking up a second EM so long as it's relatively local (young kids make road trips prohibitive). Really enjoying things so far, though! Might get into the later stuff eventually but for now the prices and complexity are a bit too much. Kids have fun with the EM and so do I.

we will likely be selling an EM from our line up in the coming month or two. Possibly Big Indian or Aztec if you are interested. Both play nice and are well maintained.

www.madisonpinball.com for a full list of games and where they currently are to play.

#12052 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Schwoegler's, I/O Bar, Maria's, ALT Brew, and Pooley's are run by the same Operators. Really awesome guys and they keep their machines nice and they have a nice mix of old and new games.
Blue Moon Bar, Ale Asylum, and High Noon are run by a different Operator. His games play a little slower and could use some fine tuning but also a good choice. He usually has all of the new games.
I'd put Geek's Mania in 3rd. They have an all day pass for Free Play with too many kids putting 4P games on. Plus with so many plays on them all of the time, the games don't play as nicely as they could. They're selection is eh imo.

Last time we went to Geek's over 1/2 the machines were down. I'm not over exaggerating. Not good.

We still go there though because the kids like all the arcade games and I like the unlimited play with a wrist band.

They always seem to have some newer titles. Last time I was there they had Houdini and iron maiden.

#12053 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

we will likely be selling an EM from our line up in the coming month or two. Possibly Big Indian or Aztec if you are interested. Both play nice and are well maintained.
www.madisonpinball.com for a full list of games and where they currently are to play.

Private message sent...

#12054 5 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Last time we went to Geek's over 1/2 the machines were down. I'm not over exaggerating. Not good.
We still go there though because the kids like all the arcade games and I like the unlimited play with a wrist band.
They always seem to have some newer titles. Last time I was there they had Houdini and iron maiden.

The last 2 times we went were for birthday parties, with the most recent in the middle of December, so I'm sure the lineup that I played was similar to what you played. There were a couple machines down, I couldn't remember which. The rest of the arcade is fun with light gun games, sit down racers, and other cabs, but I wouldn't recommend them for pinball. Which is sad, because it was Geeks that actually introduced me to real pinball when I first got into the hobby.

#12055 5 years ago
Quoted from sped372:

Hi - I'm pretty new to the hobby and located in Wisconsin. Halfway serious about picking up a second EM so long as it's relatively local (young kids make road trips prohibitive). Really enjoying things so far, though! Might get into the later stuff eventually but for now the prices and complexity are a bit too much. Kids have fun with the EM and so do I.

Welcome to the wonderful world of pinball!
And welcome to Pinside!

#12056 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

The last 2 times we went were for birthday parties, with the most recent in the middle of December, so I'm sure the lineup that I played was similar to what you played. There were a couple machines down, I couldn't remember which.

I can tell you from real world experience that keeping the amount of games that Geeks has up and running with the amount of people that filter through there is an extremely difficult task. I help with some pin upkeep now, and the amount of time spend repairing machines in a week to keep them operating properly when they are played is staggering. Geeks tends to have more of a diverse line up, and they have machines that are much older and harder to get parts for when something random fails. The games that I maintain are all much newer and more common, and yet we still have weeks at a time where something goes down.

Not saying you have to love Geeks (I do but I like everything else they do and know Kyle personally... heck, he called me to ask about one of his games that was having a weird issue earlier today!), but do understand that any location with machines that are in a state of near constant play will have those machines ultimately be in less great shape, no matter what we do to try to stay on top of them.

I also give places like Geeks a lot of credit for introducing so many people to the hobby as they do. It wasn't too long ago that having nearly any machines in a location was rare. Today, places like Geeks and the Garcade in Menomonee Falls have a ton of machines set up and are actively introducing them to the next generation. That's important if we want to see this hobby continue, probably more important than the barcade style locations for it's future.

#12057 5 years ago

...and TOTALLY SHIFTING GEARS!

If you haven't seen it, Midwest Gaming Classic is coming April 12, 13 and 14 to the Wisconsin Center! It's going to be a great time.

If you are a newer collector and want your mind blown, I'd suggest signing up for Tom Taylor's Open House. He has more than 300 machines set up and playable, including every Gottlieb Wedgehead, many 90s era DMD games, tons of EM arcade style games, puck bowlers, and lots of other goodies. It's almost exactly 350 machines, actually. He opens his collection to collect donations for the Milwaukee Rescue Mission once a year on the Friday of our show, and it's capped at right about 100 people. We're well over halfway sold out for those tickets, so you might want to think about it.

If you're a local collector, I'd also suggest you might want to bring a machine out to the MGC this year. I will have more details soon on rewards, and some are already up on the site. We made one heck of a gameroom last year.

Details at https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

Photo from a small part of Tom Taylor's collection below

toms-open-house (resized).jpgtoms-open-house (resized).jpg
#12058 5 years ago

Yeah I can't imagine keeping all that stuff running... appreciate the efforts!

#12059 5 years ago

FYI - for local buyers.

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “For sale is a collector quality manufactured on Dec 21, 2009 (late-run) Spider-Man. Please see pictures - I can certainly take more if needed (just ask and I will post to Pinsid...”
2019-01-11
Saukville, WI
5,950 (OBO)
Archived after: 39 days
Viewed: 3053 times
Contributed to Pinside

#12060 5 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone local looking to sell the following?
Dialed In
JJP POTC
RR WOZ
AFMrLE
I’ve got some cash burning a hole in my pocket and an empty spot in my basement!

A buddy is selling his HUO Dialed In SE in Burnsville. Beautiful game and plays aewsome.

#12061 5 years ago
Quoted from Cudaman:

A buddy is selling his HUO Dialed In SE in Burnsville. Beautiful game and plays aewsome.

Was looking for an LE. Should have been more specific. I just bought a NIB JJP POTCLE anyhow.

Thanks for the heads up though!

#12062 5 years ago

Saw this machine at the Minnesota History Center. It's playable and pretty cool. Anyone know what it is?

IMG_20190112_150128 (resized).jpgIMG_20190112_150128 (resized).jpgIMG_20190112_150145 (resized).jpgIMG_20190112_150145 (resized).jpg
#12063 5 years ago

Rocket, Bally 1933
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1987

When I was there last year one of the feet was broken. Did it get fixed?

#12064 5 years ago
Quoted from setzkor:

Rocket, Bally 1933
https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1987
When I was there last year one of the feet was broken. Did it get fixed?

Thanks!

Seemed like it was in good shape in my non-expert opinion. . I managed to get the 1000 point hole so I was happy.

#12065 5 years ago

I am looking for a WPC cabinet and a Will8ams System 7 cabinet. They need to be restorable with no water damage. Would also consider parts games or reasonably priced projects as long as cabinets were correct and usable. I am willing to drive.

#12066 5 years ago

I picked this up this weekend in a package deal and do not want it. It does power up and play but will need some work to make it work perfect. The right side of the cabinet is not the best and the back glass does have some flaking. Looking for help of what I should sell it for and is there another website to list items like this?

Thanks for any help

Bill Hess

IMG_4310 (resized).JPGIMG_4310 (resized).JPGIMG_4311 (resized).JPGIMG_4311 (resized).JPGIMG_4312 (resized).JPGIMG_4312 (resized).JPGIMG_4313 (resized).JPGIMG_4313 (resized).JPGIMG_4314 (resized).JPGIMG_4314 (resized).JPGIMG_4317 (resized).JPGIMG_4317 (resized).JPG
#12067 5 years ago

Also will have this up for sale soon. Going to shop it tonight. Are guys putting LEDs in these or keeping it original?

IMG_4305 (resized).JPGIMG_4305 (resized).JPG
#12068 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Also will have this up for sale soon. Going to shop it tonight. Are guys putting LEDs in these or keeping it original?
[quoted image]

My gut feeling that there are more original bulbs than LED but there are certainly those who led them.

#12069 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

[quoted image]

Older guy at work wanted me to keep an eye out for this game. He paid 300 for it years and years ago,but sold it. Didnt have the heart to tell him how much he would need to pay for one these days

#12070 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

I picked this up this weekend in a package deal and do not want it. It does power up and play but will need some work to make it work perfect. The right side of the cabinet is not the best and the back glass does have some flaking. Looking for help of what I should sell it for and is there another website to list items like this?
Thanks for any help
Bill Hess
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

There is a thread on pinside for bowlers and shuffle alleys also there is a FB group for the same.

Value seems to be based on what part of the country you are in along with the usual factors (machine type, model, condition etc). The Formica and pins appear to be in good shape (bonus!). However the backglass and pin hood are a minus and operational issues a major minus. If you search you will see people trying to get $1000 plus for similar machines but in this area I don't think they sell for that. A bowler is worth much more than a shuffle alley. Plus they seem to be harder to move quickly.

#12071 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

[quoted image]

I really like the frosted warm whites by cointaker for the GI. What is nice about them is they add a lot more light than the original bulbs do. Which on some of the old machines makes a big difference.

It’s what I live about the PHOF now. They have gone through and updated all the EMs. It looks really nice.
Just my 2 cents.

#12073 5 years ago

Looking for a Whirlwind, or possibly a relatively nice early 80's Bally SS. Or possibly anything intriguing in the 2500-4000 range

#12074 5 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Looking for a Whirlwind, or possibly a relatively nice early 80's Bally SS. Or possibly anything intriguing in the 2500-4000 range

Any interest in a Bally Elektra?

#12075 5 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

Any interest in a Bally Elektra?

Not really. It's just one of those titles that just didn't quite do it for me. Thanks though Eric

#12076 5 years ago

Posted online in the forum.
Lots trade offers, but need cash for Munsters!

06CBEE81-F960-4ACE-B722-8F3CFFACCF16 (resized).png06CBEE81-F960-4ACE-B722-8F3CFFACCF16 (resized).png0BF5B00B-4449-4C82-BACA-2C6537EA5ED1 (resized).png0BF5B00B-4449-4C82-BACA-2C6537EA5ED1 (resized).png3A1FB953-4C10-41E2-BCA8-CBF6916EC630 (resized).png3A1FB953-4C10-41E2-BCA8-CBF6916EC630 (resized).pngC78BA98F-7B13-4AFC-A793-A7527A325DAE (resized).pngC78BA98F-7B13-4AFC-A793-A7527A325DAE (resized).png
#12077 5 years ago
Quoted from Lawnboy:

Thanks for any help
Bill Hess
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I have bought fixed up and sold a few of these. Actually had a chief missing most it’s parts and parted it. The concerns are working good and glass as PM_Jeremy stated. For this game the hood and glass are not the worst. If you did some sprucing up on the electronics and took some tounge oil to the bare wood you can do better. The Mac I sold one for was $750 and the guy really wanted it. Coffin style like yours. Working I would say in the 350-750 range. But hard to move so don’t be surprised at being on the low side.

#12080 5 years ago

I am looking for a Stars or Jackbot if anyone in the area has one for sale.

#12081 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

wait what? Stars? You know that's an Early SS right? Just because it says stern on it, doesn't mean it has a DMD.

#12082 5 years ago

Anyone have a trashed T2 playfield? Would like more wall art.

#12083 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I just had a jackbot shipped from Wi ... great game. Good luck on your search

#12085 5 years ago

I've been playing my Family Guy lately and really enjoying it. Great layout, fun call outs and cool modes. Good luck with the sale. FG was my first NIB purchase and I don't see it leaving anytime soon.

#12086 5 years ago

Looking for a Sys11 game in the sub 3k range. Let me know what you have!

#12087 5 years ago

Are you slowing moving to a Sys 11 collection only?

#12088 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Are you slowing moving to a Sys 11 collection only?

Feels that way. He has a wanted ad for bugs bunny birthday pinball :/

#12089 5 years ago

Ha.

I def would like to have more sys11’s as time goes on. I pushed this one into the garage awhile ago to mAke room for another sys11.

So it was time to clean up the garage.

#12090 5 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I've been playing my Family Guy lately and really enjoying it. Great layout, fun call outs and cool modes. Good luck with the sale. FG was my first NIB purchase and I don't see it leaving anytime soon.

Yeah. I have always liked it. Wish I had space to keep them all.

I know I will miss it when I’m gone.

#12091 5 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Looking for a Sys11 game in the sub 3k range. Let me know what you have!

Get out of here......they are all mine.

#12092 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Feels that way. He has a wanted ad for bugs bunny birthday pinball :/

There is something you don't see every day.

#12093 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

There is something you don't see every day.

I mean even Dave had to buy one to ensure he had a complete sys11 collection.

#12094 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Were the ghost and the door made on a Makerbot?

I don’t know why, but every time I see Rusty post in this thread that he started it just makes me smile.

That’s all I have today.

#12095 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Get out of here......they are all mine.

#12096 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I don’t know why, but every time I see Rusty post in this thread that he started it just makes me smile.
That’s all I have today.

It's been slow in here ever since Tigerlaw turned it into a club thread. I just don't know what to post here any more. Anyone want to sell me a Bad Cats or Pharaoh?

#12097 5 years ago

It looks like my legacy is secure. He was really into the colored lights. And as NEO knows mine are full of colored lights.

90318EA1-3D4A-4BF8-A251-95652C432A7E (resized).jpeg90318EA1-3D4A-4BF8-A251-95652C432A7E (resized).jpeg
#12098 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

It looks like my legacy is secure. He was really into the colored lights. And as NEO knows mine are full of colored lights.
[quoted image]

Ahhhh, already plotting stategy!

#12099 5 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Anyone want to sell me a Bad Cats or Pharaoh?

I'll be listing my Pharaoh in the coming months, once the ice and snow melt away.

BFFD8502-6604-44B3-ADC0-3DE8AE88B5C0 (resized).jpegBFFD8502-6604-44B3-ADC0-3DE8AE88B5C0 (resized).jpeg
#12100 5 years ago

Congrats to Jediturtle Chris Matte from WI and Luke Nahorniak from MN on their State Pinball Championship wins!

There are 20,720 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/242?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.