1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 17,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 347.
#1151 8 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Is your Avatar Mickey Rourke?

THATS ALL MY SCARY ASS. Striking FEAR INTO TROLLS!

#1152 8 years ago

#1153 8 years ago

#1154 8 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

THATS ALL MY SCARY ASS

Your ass has eyes, nose, AND a mustache? Holy sh!t dude, go get that checked out...

#1155 8 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

THATS ALL MY SCARY ASS. Striking FEAR INTO TROLLS!

And I was just getting over my fear of the Clown avatar.

#1156 8 years ago

Had a bad week. Son subpoenaed to testify against a classmate, daughter broke her leg, and more. Who else but a pinsider to help take my mind off of things for a while. CaptainNeo invited me over but we couldn't make it happen due to court, hospital etc.. A big THANKS to Neo for the invite! epthegeek and I were able to hook up Wednesday evening and it was exactly what the Dr. ordered! Played tspp, Tom, and ccc all for the first time. As he explained each game to me I listened closely. When we came to ccc, I said "this is the one that wasn't complete and somebody stepped up and finished it right". With no bragging in his voice, he said "I did yes". I gushed about how awesome he was as he explained in great detail what he did. What a modest, nice, friendly guy! I had a blast and hope Eric did too. Each time I meet one of you guys I'm amazed and blown away by the kindness and generosity of my (our) pinball community. You'd think I'd get used to it, but the amazement and feeling of good will feels brand new and just as good each time! Thank you!
/wall of text

#1157 8 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Had a bad week. Son subpoenaed to testify against a classmate, daughter broke her leg, and more. Who else but a pinsider to help take my mind off of things for a while. CaptainNeo invited me over but we couldn't make it happen due to court, hospital etc.. A big THANKS to Neo for the invite! epthegeek and I were able to hook up Wednesday evening and it was exactly what the Dr. ordered! Played tspp, Tom, and ccc all for the first time. As he explained each game to me I listened closely. When we came to ccc, I said "this is the one that wasn't complete and somebody stepped up and finished it right". With no bragging in his voice, he said "I did yes". I gushed about how awesome he was as he explained in great detail what he did. What a modest, nice, friendly guy! I had a blast and hope Eric did too. Each time I meet one of you guys I'm amazed and blown away by the kindness and generosity of my (our) pinball community. You'd think I'd get used to it, but the amazement and feeling of good will feels brand new and just as good each time! Thank you!/wall of text

Wow...sorry to hear about the crappy week! When it rains it pours. Hopefully things will turn around and start looking up soon!

#1158 8 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Had a bad week. Son subpoenaed to testify against a classmate, daughter broke her leg, and more. Who else but a pinsider to help take my mind off of things for a while. CaptainNeo invited me over but we couldn't make it happen due to court, hospital etc.. A big THANKS to Neo for the invite! epthegeek and I were able to hook up Wednesday evening and it was exactly what the Dr. ordered! Played tspp, Tom, and ccc all for the first time. As he explained each game to me I listened closely. When we came to ccc, I said "this is the one that wasn't complete and somebody stepped up and finished it right". With no bragging in his voice, he said "I did yes". I gushed about how awesome he was as he explained in great detail what he did. What a modest, nice, friendly guy! I had a blast and hope Eric did too. Each time I meet one of you guys I'm amazed and blown away by the kindness and generosity of my (our) pinball community. You'd think I'd get used to it, but the amazement and feeling of good will feels brand new and just as good each time! Thank you!
/wall of text

Glad you could stop by, and great to meet you. Always fun to have another pinhead to play games with. Hopefully next week will be better than this week was for ya.

#1159 8 years ago

Hopefully you can make it over soon. Things will be better.

#1160 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Sad news. Another CV is leaving WI

All CV's should be shipped to WI. That way, none of us ever have to see that game ever, ever, ever again!!!!

#1161 8 years ago

Forgot to put this GREAT pic in my last post

Eric.JPG

#1162 8 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

hey, that is cheating

#1163 8 years ago

Hello all, I'm on the lookout for restoration help. Are there Madison area folks who do shopping, playfield touchups, cabinet restorations etc? Any help finding local contacts would be appreciated.

Dave

#1164 8 years ago

I do the playfields, sometimes cabinet touchups, but I don't have the room to do a lot of them, so it depends on how much the cabinet needs.

As for CV's. Send them all over here. I won't complain one bit. The more the merrier. Would be 1000X's better than having a bunch of empty playfields (AKA AFM).

#1165 8 years ago

Thanks for the reply. I'll send a pm.

#1166 8 years ago

Neo is the local guy to talk to!

#1167 8 years ago

Ive been away from this thread for a while - I love the Johnson creek idea! It would be awesome to pull something like that together.

Ken - I was out of town and have some work to catch up on this weekend. Maybe you could stop out next week to check out ac/dc?

#1168 8 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Man. That guy looks drunk.

#1169 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Ive been away from this thread for a while - I love the Johnson creek idea! It would be awesome to pull something like that together.
Ken - I was out of town and have some work to catch up on this weekend. Maybe you could stop out next week to check out ac/dc?

Thanks for the offer Dave! Unfortunately three people are taking vacation at work next week and to help cover I have to work 2 nights in addition to 4 days. How about the following week? I currently have off Mon, Tue, Wed (usually).

#1170 8 years ago

I think that should work out fine. It'll give me more time to get some things in shape!

#1171 8 years ago

I have a WTB ad going for a HS2:Getaway for a friend of mine if anyone has something let me know, thanks!

#1172 8 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Hello all, I'm on the lookout for restoration help. Are there Madison area folks who do shopping, playfield touchups, cabinet restorations etc? Any help finding local contacts would be appreciated.
Dave

I hired a local UW Fine Arts grad to help with cabinet touchups.
She did amazing work and wasn't expensive since she was mostly excited to work on such a unique project to add to her portfolio.

Post an add on UW's job site and i bet you get a bunch of fine arts students interested.

#1173 8 years ago

You wisconite's are chatty folks!

In other news, LOVE the weather we are having! What a great day today!

#1174 8 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

You wisconite's are chatty folks!
In other news, LOVE the weather we are having! What a great day today!

Good times for garage pinball.

#1175 8 years ago
#1176 8 years ago

Metallica Launch Party @ Mortimer's! metallica.jpg

#1177 8 years ago

Wisconite:
A person, being from or living in, Wisconsin.

#1178 8 years ago

Wisconsinite

#1179 8 years ago

That is cool, he is a 'soter' so we don't expect much from him

#1180 8 years ago

I'm going to be in the Dells this weekend. Anyone know where to find some pinball there? Thanks!

#1181 8 years ago
Quoted from Samdalous:

I'm going to be in the Dells this weekend. Anyone know where to find some pinball there? Thanks!

Really bad family guy at knuckleheads

#1182 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

makes me envious that we do not have anything in Madtown or Milwookie.

Actually, I'd argue that Milwaukee is one of the better places to find pinball still. There are at least a handful of places with at least three games still, and many many locations with at least one. There are still three or four MMs on route earning cash too.

I haven't been to the mini golf place in Greenfield that usually has four or five yet this year, but it's usually great. Landmark Lanes by the Oriental last time I was there had 7, as I recall it was SWE1, BBH, IJ4, FGy, Freddy, Fun House and Harlem Globetrotters I think it was. All well maintained. Again, haven't been there in a long time, so I don't know the current situation. Darn OVERLY busy life. Hell, until TODAY I hadn't played any pinball since the MGC ended!

Quoted from centerflank:

There is one at a pub in New Berlin another pinsider posted once. I dont know any more info on it.

There are two ACDC Pros that I know of on route - one is at a pub in New Berlin, around 128th and Cleveland I think it is. I saw it there, didn't get a chance to play it. I forget the name of the pub but it's across the street from a gas station. The company that routes there had a beat up Family Guy there before it.

There is another ACDC Pro at Romine's on 27th street, but last time I was there the manager was a complete prick for no reason, so I wouldn't go back.

#1183 8 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

Really bad Family Guy at knuckleheads

I don't think its there anymore. About a year ago I tried playing it and it was in terrible condition. One of the flippers was at like 25% power and the ball in Stewie's machine was stuck. Walked away before I finished my first game and I had put $2 in. I was in the Dells about a month back and stopped by just to see if it had been fixed but I didn't see it where it had been so I assume its gone.

#1184 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

There are two ACDC Pros that I know of on route - one is at a pub in New Berlin, around 128th and Cleveland I think it is. I saw it there, didn't get a chance to play it. I forget the name of the pub but it's across the street from a gas station. The company that routes there had a beat up Family Guy there before it.

I believe its Lee's pub, my dude selling that Rawhide was driving around looking for it....I think Matteneo listed it on the map, Stonefire Pizza wont Effin let you come in and play getaway, they want you to pay the buffet price. Dicks!

Edit-Stonefire Pizza's food absolutely blows chunks

#1185 8 years ago
Quoted from Samdalous:

I don't think its there anymore. About a year ago I tried playing it and it was in terrible condition. One of the flippers was at like 25% power and the ball in Stewie's machine was stuck. Walked away before I finished my first game and I had put $2 in. I was in the Dells about a month back and stopped by just to see if it had been fixed but I didn't see it where it had been so I assume its gone.

FG is gone.

If you go to Moose heads - believe they have a AC/DC and possible a Transformers.

#1186 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Edit-Stonefire Pizza's food absolutely blows chunks

They've got a cool rock climbing wall though.

#1187 8 years ago

On a lighter note, after 4 stiff cocktails I bested my hi score on pacman by14k to a new hi of 73770. Nothing special compared to the pro's but I did get a *fruit* 2 times I had never seen before worth 2k each! Happy day! Im starting to be able to read the pattern the ghosts travel now.

DSC09044.JPG DSC09045.JPG DSC09046.JPG

#1188 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Actually, I'd argue that Milwaukee is one of the better places to find pinball still.

Yeah, but they are all spread out at different places. I want 1 place with 10 good playing games. I am not going to drive 90 minutes to play a few games here and a few there when most of them are somewhat crappy condition anyway...

Would love a barcade somewhere within 45 minute drive that had 10 pins, a few arcades, maybe a bar suffleboard, darts, pizza, and beer. I would spend $$$ there ona regular basis if the games played well. Hell, I would offer up my games to them to rotate in at times just to keep the line up fresh.

Maybe in ~7 years when I plan to retire I will just open something up...

#1189 8 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

They've got a cool rock climbing wall though.

The rock wall was removed a long time ago, FYI

#1190 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

On a lighter note, after 4 stiff cocktails I bested my hi score on pacman by14k to a new hi of 73770. Nothing special compared to the pro's but I did get a *fruit* 2 times I had never seen before worth 2k each! Happy day! Im starting to be able to read the pattern the ghosts travel now.

When I was ~12 I had all the patterns memorized up to the first melon. And that strange fruit of which you speak (stiff cocktails indeed!) is actually the Galaxian Boss (worth 2K). Nice game!

#1191 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

haven't been to the mini golf place in Greenfield that usually has four or five yet this year, but it's usually great. .

The golf place blows this year. Two pins. BDK and something else, and when I was there BDK had a ball stuck inside the slingshot rubber. The place is really dumpy now too. The golf course is really run down. It's like they haven't spent any money, time, or effort on trying to upkeep the place. Really a bummer as I used to go there to play pins somewhat regularly. I updated the pinmap entry for after my last disappointing visit.

I wish we had someplace with a room like enchanted castle has now. A large number of pins that are actually being looked after.

#1192 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The rock wall was removed a long time ago, FYI

It's been a while since I've been there .

#1193 8 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

FG is gone.
If you go to Moose heads - believe they have a AC/DC and possible a Transformers.

Do you mean Moosejaw?

#1194 8 years ago
Quoted from Crazybanana:

Really bad Family Guy at knuckleheads

not there anymore

Quoted from Methos:

X-Men and Avengers

There is a Metallica in the back of my truck right now for the local operator, but it won't be put in until next week at sometime.

#1195 8 years ago

Couple things for the Pinball BBQ.

1) We need people to RSVP so we can get a handle on food. We need RSVP whether you plan to eat or not. If weather is bad, we will limit the size of the event. Please RSVP via PM and I will create a list for attendance.

2) How many people want to watch movies in the backyard theater during the event? If the number of people interested in this is low, we are going to move the event to an earlier start and end time.

1st Annual Pinball BBQ 2013:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1st-annual-pinball-bbq-sunday-may-26th-minnesota

8696376795_3fc7a1d93a_b.jpg

#1196 8 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

who wants to show off their AC/DC? Been wanting to try one out but can't find one on location.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I think one will be popping up in the Madison area.

I was wrong, was not AC/DC I guess they got an Avengers. Still don't know the location. They did come in a take Junkyard out of the Waun-a-bowl and replaced it with a Big Buck Hunter. Still have the Who's Dunnit.

#1197 8 years ago

avengers is at east gate cinema now. Bullseye claims that they will be getting and putting out a METpro sometime in the next month, but I am not holding my breath.

#1198 8 years ago

Anyone been to the Up North, lately? Anything there worth playing?

#1199 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Anyone been to the Up North, lately? Anything there worth playing?

xmen upper flipper was sticky last weekend. the lotr has a flipper rebuild but they are completely lopsided and it still has a few switch issues...

if you are going to go, give me a shout. Wife is busy studying for finals so I should probably stay out of the house tonight.

#1200 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

xmen upper flipper was sticky last weekend. the lotr has a flipper rebuild but they are completely lopsided and it still has a few switch issues...
if you are going to go, give me a shout. Wife is busy studying for finals so I should probably stay out of the house tonight.

At least the Xmen flipper worked. The one up here has been dead for over a month.

There are 17,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 347.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside