1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,712 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 415.
#11551 5 years ago

I will be in town tomorrow night for work. Hopefully going to hit SS while I'm there. I'll say hello if I do.

#11552 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

cheese pump all day

8bc0f1d691aa1471c12280f2926f7ee1 (resized).jpg8bc0f1d691aa1471c12280f2926f7ee1 (resized).jpg
#11553 5 years ago
Quoted from Muskie82:

I will be in town tomorrow night for work. Hopefully going to hit SS while I'm there. I'll say hello if I do.

Thank you for stopping in. A pleasure to chat with you and your family !

LTG : )

#11554 5 years ago

Thanks for having us! We didn't have much time but it was nice to stop quick for a few games. Nice to meet you as well.

#11555 5 years ago

We got to hang with the spaceman tonight!

7550B5C7-109D-4FF8-A4EA-02B58536F488 (resized).jpeg7550B5C7-109D-4FF8-A4EA-02B58536F488 (resized).jpeg
#11556 5 years ago

Have a BOP 2.0 up for sale or trade and also a Houdini.

Machine - For Sale
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Very nice original Bride. Plays 100% like a champ. Play in either 2.0 or the original! Color DMD Chrome style T molding around backbox Strategically and tastefully added ships an...”
2018-10-11
Prospect Heights, IL
Archived after: 157 days
Viewed: 1654 times

#11557 5 years ago

I've got Ninja pinballs if anyone local needs some, my cost $1.75 each.

#11558 5 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

We got to hang with the spaceman tonight!

Good times. I decided against bringing my 79' backglass to get signed. Didn't want to lug it around and risk breaking. I ordered a new copy of his first solo album and had him sign that. It looks great framed and will soon be hanging in my new pinball/music memorabilia room.

#11559 5 years ago

First Deadpool has landed in the Twin Cities. Should be up and ready at Tilt by lunch time tomorrow. Caffetto's and Gameworks at the Mall of America have them coming for sure as well, so with any luck we should have 3 in MN on route already this week so get your quarters ready.

s-l1600 (2)1 (resized).JPGs-l1600 (2)1 (resized).JPG

#11560 5 years ago

MN State Fair goers are in for a treat this year too. Deadpool is already up and running at the Fair in the pinball arcade. This Deadpool is the one for Gameworks at the Mall of America, so after the fair is over, Deadpool will be available for play there.
s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#11561 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

First Deadpool has landed in the Twin Cities. Should be up and ready at Tilt by lunch time tomorrow. Caffetto's and Gameworks at the Mall of America have them coming for sure as well, so with any luck we should have 3 in MN on route already this week so get your quarters ready.

[quoted image]

Might have to make a road trip to MN.

#11562 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Might have to make a road trip to MN.

You can come to Madison later this week also. Sounds like there will be at least 2 (likely 3) of them to play.

#11563 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

You can come to Madison later this week also. Sounds like there will be at least 2 (likely 3) of them to play.

Nice. I assumed you weren’t putting yours out till the launch party.

#11564 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Nice. I assumed you weren’t putting yours out till the launch party.

We usually put them out as soon as we get em

(Well maybe a day or 2 of "testing" at home)

#11565 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

We usually put them out as soon as we get em
(Well maybe a day or 2 of "testing" at home)

Which location is it going in?

#11566 5 years ago

Machine - For Trade
Houdini Archived
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “Listing my Houdini for sale. Pricing at $6200. Game is HUO, bought NIB. Everything plays great. Latest code update installed. Has the side art blades installed at the factory. K...”
2018-08-16
Appleton, WI
Trade
Archived after: 15 days
Viewed: 625 times

Houdini still for sale. Will consider trade for the right game.

#11567 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Which location is it going in?

Schwoeglers where it will be through the launch. Planning to put it to the side so people can here it better

We also have the new location opening soon which will have atleast 10 other new games

On top of all that... other new things are coming soon

#11568 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Schwoeglers where it will be through the launch. Planning to put it to the side so people can here it better
We also have the new location opening soon which will have atleast 10 other new games
On top of all that... other new things are coming soon

Wow. Awesome.

#11569 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Wow. Awesome.

could not do it without the support of the community.

pretty cool that a little over 5 years ago there was basically no pinball in Madison on route.

We will soon have 50 games on route, Geeks has another 35+, Jim has probably 15 now. Madison went form 5 to 100+ in no time

#11570 5 years ago

Whysnow where in Madison? Dropping my daughter off next week at University of Wisconsin to start freshman year. Need to distract myself before ride home, sad day.

#11571 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Whysnow where in Madison? Dropping my daughter off next week at University of Wisconsin to start freshman year. Need to distract myself before ride home, sad day.

congrats on the milestone!

www.madisonpinball.com for full list

Depends on what you want to play and what sort of place you like to hang at.
Pooleys on eastside (near I90) has Maidena and GOTG if you want time on those (4 total)
Marias on east wash has a bunch and a cool eastside hip vibe and a bunch
Altbrew on east side has great beer and TNA and a bunch
Schwoeglers on westside has 13 and the widest variety

#11572 5 years ago

Listed an HUO Family Guy in the Market, Milwaukee area. $4,995

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-family-guy-24

#11573 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

if you're going to be in town, we should meet up!

#11574 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

could not do it without the support of the community.
pretty cool that a little over 5 years ago there was basically no pinball in Madison on route.
We will soon have 50 games on route, Geeks has another 35+, Jim has probably 15 now. Madison went form 5 to 100+ in no time

Now you guys just need to move closer to me. Than I can stop buying games.

#11575 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Now you guys just need to move closer to me. Than I can stop buying games.

I'm in town and I STILL buy games! Just not the brand spanking new ones

#11576 5 years ago

New location? Hopefully not another east side one

Cant wait for DP to drop. Ill be there to give it a work out! I only wish TNA was over at schwoeglers too, just so I could stop driving over to alt brew to play it...lol. I think Ive paid for a good percentage of that machine for you guys. Such a good game. Understandable why its there though, you can actually hear the awesome sound on it.

#11577 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

New location? Hopefully not another east side one
Cant wait for DP to drop. Ill be there to give it a work out! I only wish TNA was over at schwoeglers too, just so I could stop driving over to alt brew to play it...lol. I think Ive paid for a good percentage of that machine for you guys. Such a good game. Understandable why its there though, you can actually hear the awesome sound on it.

Yeah, TNA at Alt is for sure so you can hear it best. We try to really think about what goes where, what fits each specific bar, and what games are best enjoyed in each space. It is one of the fun things about having such a diverse array of locations.

The new location is Madison's first legit bar arcade. It is called I/O Gaming and will be located on Williamson St., so basically downtown/ a few blocks off the capital. The owner is a really cool guy and Madison Pinball is supplying all the pinball machines for the place. We are super excited to have partnered with them to help ensure lots of quality games to be available there. Hoping it opens soon as they are actively working on build out right now. We have a bunch of games in the waiting and will have 10+ pins there at open (once we get into the space it may end up being even more if they fit well)

#11578 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm in town and I STILL buy games! Just not the brand spanking new ones

I probably still would too.

#11579 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I probably still would too.

of course you would

Hell, I still keep buying fricking games...

#11580 5 years ago

Is I/O Gaming actually still coming? I just kind of assumed something happened and it wasn't going to happen its been so long. Still, cool to see another location coming.

#11581 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah, TNA at Alt is for sure so you can hear it best. We try to really think about what goes where, what fits each specific bar, and what games are best enjoyed in each space. It is one of the fun things about having such a diverse array of locations.
The new location is Madison's first legit bar arcade. It is called I/O Gaming and will be located on Williamson St., so basically downtown/ a few blocks off the capital. The owner is a really cool guy and Madison Pinball is supplying all the pinball machines for the place. We are super excited to have partnered with them to help ensure lots of quality games to be available there. Hoping it opens soon as they are actively working on build out right now. We have a bunch of games in the waiting and will have 10+ pins there at open (once we get into the space it may end up being even more if they fit well)

Love that TNA machine! My wife is GF so we both win when we go there (in all fairness she also loves pinball). That's where I got my personal best on TNA (and I'm sure a shortly lived GC). Heading back in two weeks for a wedding, but might need to go in a day early to check out DP

#11582 5 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Is I/O Gaming actually still coming? I just kind of assumed something happened and it wasn't going to happen its been so long. Still, cool to see another location coming.

Yup, still coming.

It was originally going to be on campus/near west, but a new/better location came to light. The space is actually in build out currently.
Hoping sometime within the next month is is open, but you know how construction can go (esp in this economy).

Quoted from tbaum:

Love that TNA machine! My wife is GF so we both win when we go there (in all fairness she also loves pinball). That's where I got my personal best on TNA (and I'm sure a shortly lived GC). Heading back in two weeks for a wedding, but might need to go in a day early to check out DP

my wife is GF also which is why the pins are there hit me up when you are coming around and I can try to swing over for some games if you want

#11583 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Yup, still coming.
It was originally going to be on campus/near west, but a new/better location came to light. The space is actually in build out currently.
Hoping sometime within the next month is is open, but you know how construction can go (esp in this economy).

my wife is GF also which is why the pins are there hit me up when you are coming around and I can try to swing over for some games if you want

Awesome! I'm heading in either Thursday the 30th or Friday the 31st - I'll definitely let you know.

#11584 5 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

Awesome! I'm heading in either Thursday the 30th or Friday the 31st - I'll definitely let you know.

thurs the 30th I can be around. keep me posted or PM me

#11585 5 years ago

Will be heading up to Alexandria Mn in a couple weeks for a family vacation. The pin map search came up empty. Is anybody aware of a pinball machine or two on route up there?

#11586 5 years ago
Quoted from BenB:

Will be heading up to Alexandria Mn in a couple weeks for a family vacation. The pin map search came up empty. Is anybody aware of a pinball machine or two on route up there?

Central MN is really void of pins... unfortunately...

#11587 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

thurs the 30th I can be around. keep me posted or PM me

Will do! Hope it works out.

#11588 5 years ago

I've been a lurker on this thread for a while now and thought it was time I started joining in on the conversation. I've gotten back into pinball within the last year and have been finding more and more locations to play (much to the chagrin of my wife). I'm now looking at buying my first machine and am going between getting either a solid state (thinking a system 11 machine) like taxi/or a 90's DMD machine or jumping in and getting a NIB machine. Part of the reason I'm leaning NIB is I'm not confident dealing with the second hand market. I don't want to get taken for a ride from a seller as I'm not experienced with fixing a machine...yet. I fully prepared to learn but just haven't had any experience with repairs obviously.

#11589 5 years ago
Quoted from Seven9er:

haven't had any experience with repairs obviously.

Time to make some new friends and get some hands on help. This can help you both in getting a game and maintaining it.

#11590 5 years ago

I would say get an EM and try doing some work on that to get some experience. Settle for one that may need some TLC. Rebuild the pop bumpers and flippers. Fiddle around adjusting the leaf contacts. Take the plastics off, replace bulbs, clean/wax the playfield etc..

I am just finding out (the hard way) about these new "node boards" and just how hard it is becoming (or impossible) for an average pin enthusiast to repair.

Sadly, even the EMs are getting hard to find at a REASONABLE price. Sample CL ad:

For sale, 1976 Gottlieb Volley pinball.

It's really beat to shit, has flood damage, and doesn't work.

Asking price $5000, because it's old, so it must be worth a ton of money.

No low-ball offers! I know what I have here!!!

#11591 5 years ago
Quoted from Seven9er:

I've been a lurker on this thread for a while now and thought it was time I started joining in on the conversation. I've gotten back into pinball within the last year and have been finding more and more locations to play (much to the chagrin of my wife). I'm now looking at buying my first machine and am going between getting either a solid state (thinking a system 11 machine) like taxi/or a 90's DMD machine or jumping in and getting a NIB machine. Part of the reason I'm leaning NIB is I'm not confident dealing with the second hand market. I don't want to get taken for a ride from a seller as I'm not experienced with fixing a machine...yet. I fully prepared to learn but just haven't had any experience with repairs obviously.

You gotta work up to your NIB game. Get a $2500 game and see how you like owning one. It'll be better putting some money into repairs than taking a hit on a $5600 NIB.

#11592 5 years ago
Quoted from Seven9er:

Where are you located?

#11593 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Where are you located?

I'm in Hudson. Right across the boarder from the Twin Cities, on the "correct" side of the river!

#11594 5 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You gotta work up to your NIB game. Get a $2500 game and see how you like owning one. It'll be better putting some money into repairs than taking a hit on a $5600 NIB.

Appreciate the feed back. One of my concerns is finding a decent title at the $2,500 price point. As others pointed out prices are out of control so it's pretty difficult to find a decent machine. I guess I need to get into more of a detective mode and start turning over every rock.

Curious to know the barriers of entry on a NIB pin? Simply more complicated, costly? I realize there will be plenty of adjustments to dial in the new machine and things are going to break and need repair, same as with a $2,500 machine.

#11595 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Time to make some new friends and get some hands on help. This can help you both in getting a game and maintaining it.

Yeah, I need to find a good league to join or something. Work schedule makes it hard to drive 30+ mins to join a decent league. I've looked up your location and will plan to make a trip over soon.

Thanks!

#11596 5 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

I would say get an EM and try doing some work on that to get some experience. Settle for one that may need some TLC. Rebuild the pop bumpers and flippers. Fiddle around adjusting the leaf contacts. Take the plastics off, replace bulbs, clean/wax the playfield etc..
I am just finding out (the hard way) about these new "node boards" and just how hard it is becoming (or impossible) for an average pin enthusiast to repair.
Sadly, even the EMs are getting hard to find at a REASONABLE price. Sample CL ad:
For sale, 1976 Gottlieb Volley pinball.
It's really beat to shit, has flood damage, and doesn't work.
Asking price $5000, because it's old, so it must be worth a ton of money.
No low-ball offers! I know what I have here!!!

Most EMs I've found fun to play but owning one just isn't up my alley at this point. One exception is Hi-Deal, a Bally from 1975. My family owned this pin growing up but sadly was damaged during a move. Was too young at the time to convince my parents to keep it around to get repaired.

#11597 5 years ago
Quoted from Seven9er:

Appreciate the feed back. One of my concerns is finding a decent title at the $2,500 price point. As others pointed out prices are out of control so it's pretty difficult to find a decent machine. I guess I need to get into more of a detective mode and start turning over every rock.
Curious to know the barriers of entry on a NIB pin? Simply more complicated, costly? I realize there will be plenty of adjustments to dial in the new machine and things are going to break and need repair, same as with a $2,500 machine.

Use the Pinside average sale figures as guides, remember that condition is very important.

It isn't difficult to do research on potential sellers and go from there. Plenty of sellers have folks chime usually with positive comments (but not all).

Look at the up/down votes, games sold, etc. If you go off of Pinside, you're on your own a bit.

Don't get an EM. Go with an older Stern or a B title B/W game. Plenty of them around.

#11598 5 years ago

Deadpool in the wild at points and pints, our arcade pop up at the high noon saloon! (Madison WI)

First in Wisconsin?

IMG_20180821_190242 (resized).jpgIMG_20180821_190242 (resized).jpg
#11599 5 years ago
Quoted from Seven9er:

If you have the money buy NIB. I bought my Mustang Pro NIB and it has worked perfect from day one, same with my GB Pro.

#11600 5 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Deadpool in the wild at points and pints, our arcade pop up at the high noon saloon! (Madison WI)
First in Wisconsin?
[quoted image]

How is it? Does it compare to IM?

There are 20,712 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/232?hl=aaav8r and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.