1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 17,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 347.
#11451 3 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Looking for a good tech in Madison Wi, area. Game is an Attack from Mars Le. Blowing fuse 103 which is connector J115 and J116. I need some one to trouble shoot the cause of the fuse being blown and do a repair. Could be a grounded wire, bad coil, blown diode. If anyone in Wisconsin could recommend a great tech, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
GAP

I'd suggest contacting Kingpin.

#11452 3 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

Looking for a good tech in Madison Wi, area. Game is an Attack from Mars Le. Blowing fuse 103 which is connector J115 and J116. I need some one to trouble shoot the cause of the fuse being blown and do a repair. Could be a grounded wire, bad coil, blown diode. If anyone in Wisconsin could recommend a great tech, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
GAP

If you have not complied with CGC service bulletin for the solenoid driver you might not need a tech. Especially if your flippers strength is turned up.

#11453 3 years ago

Anyone interested in a Houdini with lasseriffic topper? Prob less than 100 plays. Another one just popped up at a local friends house, so I'm trying to sell/trade mine to get a different machine in the area.

I am coming to MSP this weekend to pick up a machine, so I could drop it off anywhere in the area. Just got a lead on a machine for sale only that I really want, so if anyone is interested and wants to buy quickly, may be a good deal (with delivery included). PM me if interested.

#11454 3 years ago

Looking to buy a The Simpsons Pinball Party in the +/- 4 hours from Madison range. LED preferred but not deal breaker. Ideally nice playfield. Cabinet condition less of a concern. Should be working 100% or really close. Let me know of any leads you may have. Could go as far as MSP for the right deal.

#11455 3 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Anyone interested in a Houdini with lasseriffic topper? Prob less than 100 plays. Another one just popped up at a local friends house, so I'm trying to sell/trade mine to get a different machine in the area.
I am coming to MSP this weekend to pick up a machine, so I could drop it off anywhere in the area. Just got a lead on a machine for sale only that I really want, so if anyone is interested and wants to buy quickly, may be a good deal (with delivery included). PM me if interested.

Hey Mark why don't you stop by my place and pick up your Leg Lights.

#11456 3 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Hey Mark why don't you stop by my place and pick up your Leg Lights.

I was going to mention that. Not sure what the timing of the trip is going to be. I'll PM you once I know more.

#11457 3 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I was going to mention that. Not sure what the timing of the trip is going to be. I'll PM you once I know more.

OK

#11458 3 years ago

Does anyone have much experience clear coating playfields? I hit a wall restoring my Gold Strike because I’m having trouble finding a good clear coat locally. Suggestions?? What have you guys done?

#11459 3 years ago

Neo in WI is great! Idk where he lives in WI though

#11460 3 years ago

fox run lanes in waukesha has a houdini and iron maiden to play

edit: they also have ghostbusters, aerosmith, guardian of the galaxy

#11461 3 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

Awesome! You want to meet up there some night after work for a few games?

#11462 3 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I miss going there after work. I've been on nights for a few years now so going at 7A is not an option.

#11463 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonspoint28:

Does anyone have much experience clear coating playfields? I hit a wall restoring my Gold Strike because I’m having trouble finding a good clear coat locally. Suggestions?? What have you guys done?

Contact Neo

#11464 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Burlington.

http://www.pinballplayfieldrestoration.com/

#11465 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Neo eh? Looks like he’s The One. Terrible, I know, but couldn’t resist.

#11466 3 years ago
86DC2074-A600-47EA-AE97-223FDB41BE59 (resized).jpeg
#11467 3 years ago

I'm relocating to to much bigger room for my office and musing it might be interesting to put in a pinball machine. I'm the tech guy for a grade 6-12 school and we have a steady stream of kids coming in that might get a kick out of pinball.

An inexpensive, player's condition game with an inoffensive theme(Big Guns, scantily clad people or R-rated movies might not go over so well) is my target. Solid state as I never took to fixing EMs. Some wear and planking are not an issue, but it can't be a project as I don't really have much time to reconstruct a game while at work.

If you have anything that you are looking to part with and matches my description, let me know.

#11468 3 years ago

Anyone looking for a HUO Iron Man Vault? I'm looking to sell. I bought it NIB. PM me if interested.

#11469 3 years ago

Archived after 2 days
Sold off Pinside
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) “Looking to sell my Iron Man VE. I’m the original owner. It got unboxed in my basement and has never moved since. It’s a 10/10. It’s dialed in and plays like a dream. Not sure...”
2018-07-30
Otsego, MN
4,900 (OBO)

#11470 3 years ago
Quoted from jasonspoint28:

send me a PM and I can take a look at what's going on and give you a price quote. I have a lot in house right now, but if it's something easier I can squeeze it in.

#11471 3 years ago

Who got the two free arcade cabs in prior lake?

#11472 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Who got the two free arcade cabs in prior lake?

Not me, what games were they?

#11473 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Not me, what games were they?

received_10160785420590338 (resized).jpeg
#11474 3 years ago

Finally got a chance to stop at Tilt in Minneapolis this week. What an awesome place! No frills, nice beer selection, $.50 for most modern games. Very nice overall. Some of the games had weaker flippers, but none of the shots were unmakeable but still an awesome way to kill a few hours! Finally got to play a Cactus Canyon as well but no TNA?

1697 (resized).jpeg20180801_161453 (resized).jpg20180801_161507 (resized).jpg20180801_161512 (resized).jpg

#11475 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Finally got a chance to stop at Tilt in Minneapolis this week. What an awesome place! No frills, nice beer selection, $.50 for most modern games. Very nice overall. Some of the games had weaker flippers, but none of the shots were unmakeable but still an awesome way to kill a great hours! Finally got to play a Cactus Canyon as well but no TNA?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

He had TNA there. Must have pulled it to shop it or something. I don't see that he moved it to another location.

#11476 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

He had TNA there. Must have pulled it to shop it or something. I don't see that he moved it to another location.

It wasn't there a few weeks ago when I went I was looking forward to playing one.

#11477 3 years ago

Hard to keep track of every swap, but I think TNA went out when the Cactus Canyon went back in.

#11478 3 years ago

Dang, nice deal on the 2 free arcade cabs.

#11479 3 years ago

Well that's one way to make the game more difficult... although the underworld shot is super eaay! Not sure what happened to it and why Tilt still ha's it on....

The Hobbit at Tilt was also missing the rubber tip on the plunger. That can't be good for the balls.

20180803_124505 (resized).jpg
#11480 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Well that's one way to make the game more difficult... although the underworld shot is super eaay! Not sure what happened to it and why Tilt still ha's it on....
The Hobbit at Tilt was also missing the rubber tip on the plunger. That can't be good for the balls.
[quoted image]

I was there yesterday. The ramp wouldn't go down all the way to sit flush with the playfield, balls would just drill the ramp edge. Must have had a hell of a Wednesday night in there, the tech that was there was constantly working on something. I saw him in Adams Family, Batman '66, Game of Thrones and Attack From Mars while I was there.

#11481 3 years ago

I was just there last Sunday for the monthly tourney. I will just say this - for the amount of gameplay those machines get, they are pretty immaculate. As you all know from owning machines, components come loose, get out of adjustment, or outright break quite often. They seem to get fixed quite promptly at Tilt.

Finding a problem with one of their games seems to be an exception rather than a rule.

Unrelated - I just got to play 3 JJP machines for the first time. Didn't really like them. Too much going on......EVERYWHERE. It was visual overload. Couldnt figure out what to shoot at much less what I would get for shooting it. I kind of like the Stern system where there is a flashing arrow saying "hey idiot - shoot the ball HERE!"

#11482 3 years ago

Greetings guys. I’m kicking around selling or trading my HUO Stern Star Trek premium. She’s loaded with shaker, color dmd, mirror blades, and other goodies.
If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.
Thanks.

#11483 3 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Greetings guys. I’m kicking around selling or trading my HUO Stern Star Trek premium. She’s loaded with shaker, color dmd, mirror blades, and other goodies.
If anyone is interested, please send me a PM.
Thanks.

Pinsider pcprogrammer in Madison is looking for one.

#11484 3 years ago

Thanks for the follow up. We have visited but I think the distance is an issue.

#11485 3 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

I was just there last Sunday for the monthly tourney. I will just say this - for the amount of gameplay those machines get, they are pretty immaculate. As you all know from owning machines, components come loose, get out of adjustment, or outright break quite often. They seem to get fixed quite promptly at Tilt.
Finding a problem with one of their games seems to be an exception rather than a rule.

Definitely - I don't want people to think Tilt is a dump, I love it there and the machines are usually great. I just found it really weird that the IMDN LE was up and running without a ramp... Maybe it was turned off Thursday night, and then Friday morning the staff didn't realize it wasn't working and turned it on. My daughter played a game and didn't understand what I meant about the ramp not being there. LOL

#11486 3 years ago

Yes that is odd. I think your latter guess - about someone not realizing it was broken - is probable. I only say this because on Sunday, there was an issue with an integral feature of one of the games and they just shut it off.

It's too bad that happened with the IMDN because that ramp is such a critical part.

#11487 3 years ago
Quoted from AAAV8R:

Unrelated - I just got to play 3 JJP machines for the first time. Didn't really like them. Too much going on......EVERYWHERE. It was visual overload. Couldnt figure out what to shoot at much less what I would get for shooting it. I kind of like the Stern system where there is a flashing arrow saying "hey idiot - shoot the ball HERE!"

I hope you don't think I was bashing on the condition of games at Tilt. Quite the opposite. For games that get as much play as theirs do they are in amazing shape. They are always super clean and set up to play perfectly. I'm there at least two times a week, and often times more, and there is never a game that is turned off for more than a few hours before one of their techs starts working their magic to get it back up and running again. It's become my favorite pinball venue. Even though there are others closer to my house, and getting there can sometimes be a challenge with all of the construction in town, I will always think of them first when I want to get out of the house to play for a while.

#11488 3 years ago

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Anyone know the story about this guys stuff? I see a whirlwind, t2, BOP, but assuming there is a catch or an old picture if these are still for sale.

#11489 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Anyone know the story about this guys stuff? I see a whirlwind, t2, BOP, but assuming there is a catch or an old picture if these are still for sale.

Gary at Southward Amusements.

LTG : )

#11490 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

I hope you don't think I was bashing on the condition of games at Tilt.

No. I was just putting in a plug for them.

#11491 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

That's your WW you got from me in that picture. Those old semi trailers are leaky. All that stuff has water damage and there's no power on site to test the machines.

#11492 3 years ago
Quoted from janus:

That's your WW you got from me in that picture. Those old semi trailers are leaky. All that stuff has water damage and there's no power on site to test the machines.

Oofffff that’s rough :/

#11493 3 years ago
Quoted from janus:

I was wondering if that were the case!

#11494 3 years ago

Been meaning to call that guy, looking for a project even if its real rough. Is he reasonable?

#11495 3 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

Been meaning to call that guy, looking for a project even if its real rough. Is he reasonable?

He's a haggler. He knows what the values are and he asks top dollar for untested junk. Rumor has it he and his brother were on an episode of American Pickers. He had a MSF inside his house that was fairly priced, but I'd just as soon not deal with him. Just a vibe I got from him. I'm not a haggler but if you are, go for it.

#11496 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I was wondering if that were the case!

Then, is that the same ww I bought from you?!

#11497 3 years ago
Quoted from gutz:

Then, is that the same ww I bought from you?!

No, that was matts ww

#11498 3 years ago
Quoted from orangegsx:

His place has been gone through by just about every arcade / pinball enthusiast in the Twin Cities area. There is nothing left that isn't complete junk and/or that he doesn't want top dollar for. He was on American Pickers too. They dealt mostly with his old carnival rides during the episode. He's the one on CL always trying to sell a Tilt A Wheel car, jukeboxes and old beat up bumper cars.

That Mary Shelley's Frankenstein he has in the house he wanted over top dollar for when I was there about 10 years ago now. I guess with pins appreciating so much, in another few years it may actually be a good price for it as long as he doesn't up the price before then.

#11499 3 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

His place has been gone through by just about every arcade / pinball enthusiast in the Twin Cities area. There is nothing left that isn't complete junk and/or that he doesn't want top dollar for. He was on American Pickers too. They dealt mostly with his old carnival rides during the episode. He's the one on CL always trying to sell a Tilt A Wheel car or old beat up bumper car.
That Mary Shelley's Frankenstein he has in the house he wanted over top dollar for when I was there about 10 years ago now. I guess with pins appreciating so much, in another few years it may actually be a good price for it as long as he doesn't up the price before then.

I would buy a junk game for the right price. Kind of a gamble driving all that way though.

#11500 3 years ago

Jersey Jack Pinball Pirates of the Caribbean launch party coming to SS Billiards soon !

LTG : )

There are 17,336 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 347.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside