1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 415.
#1101 10 years ago

make a trip to either twin cities or chicagoland. Lots of pincades to check out in those hotspots. makes me envious that we do not have anything in Madtown or Milwookie.

#1102 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What else is coming out of the basement...

Right now slugfest and NBAFB. I still need to clean up the NBAFB. That's it for now. Maybe a DE TM which I'll hurt my soul but I have some titles I really want so you have to make room somehow.

Had a buddy come over and help me move a couple pins in and out of the basement. I was telling him my dilemma and he said I should move my office to one of the guest bedrooms. This would free up space for 10-12 more pins..............oh Pandora's box.

Chris

#1104 10 years ago

sounds like the best plan to me Chris! More ROOM, More RoOm!!

#1105 10 years ago

Chris,
I still have the email from you on Dec. 11, 2011 about your NBAFB. Will you still honor that price? I will pick it up tonight.
Russ

#1106 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

So I have a few days off (starting tomorrow) and was wondering who wants to show off their AC/DC? Been wanting to try one out but can't find one on location.

There is one at a pub in New Berlin another pinsider posted once. I dont know any more info on it.

#1107 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

So I have a few days off (starting tomorrow) and was wondering who wants to show off their AC/DC? Been wanting to try one out but can't find one on location.

I can't offer up AC/DC, but if you ever want to drive an hour to play CCC, TSPP and TOM you could swing by my way.

E

#1108 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I can't offer up AC/DC, but if you ever want to drive an hour to play CCC, TSPP and TOM you could swing by my way.
E

I would drive 2 hours to try CCC, TSPP and TOM!! I've never played any of them. PM incoming!

#1109 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

make a trip to either twin cities or chicagoland. Lots of pincades to check out in those hotspots. makes me envious that we do not have anything in Madtown or Milwookie.

If only there was a place directly between Madison and Milwaukee...Someplace like Johnson Creek...The Gobbler is for sale but they want almost 2 miliion for it and it is in really rough shape. Maybe at the outlet mall?

#1110 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Unfortunately right now I'm super busy and can't offer up time on my machine but when I do I'll fit you up and I'll trade you time on my AC/DC for helping me get my FT into the basement.

My steps are always a challenge.

Chris

#1111 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

sounds like the best plan to me Chris! More ROOM, More RoOm!!

I don't think I'm looking to end up on an addition of hoarders.

Chris

#1112 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Unfortunately right now I'm super busy and can't offer up time on my machine but when I do I'll fit you up and I'll trade you time on my AC/DC for helping me get my FT into the basement.
My steps are always a challenge.
Chris

I'd be more than happy to help you move that FT.

#1113 10 years ago

I have said it before and will say it again. I would LOVE to find a cheap but safe place somewhat locally (love the idea of johnson creek due to central location between the 2 major cities) to rent and turn into a club similar to what Clay has in MI. I would happily take a few of my pins to such a place and if we could get 20-30 of us to each bring a few pins we could create a new pinball place.

I am sure it would be extremely difficult to find the right place and zoning laws would have to allow it, but it would be super cool! We would probably need a retired pinhead to be the central operator, but would be great to be able to open it to the public every so often for a fee in order to help pay the rent...

Maybe someday int he future i will hit the lotto and could just have a huge property and build my own pinspot.

#1114 10 years ago

Plenty of buildings in my town and zoning here is a 12 pack and a streak dinner away!

#1115 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Plenty of buildings in my town and zoning here is a 12 pack and a streak dinner away!

I've always wanted to ask how you end up in Osseo? I thought the only thing there is the truckstop as I head north to Hudson......

Isnt that truckstop the one that has the amazing homemade pies?

Chris

#1116 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Isnt that truckstop the one that has the amazing homemade pies?

no thats the norske nook. I worked there for years. I have been working with the state health department to shut them down. Please if you value your safety do not eat there. I did a long report on then for weau in Eau Claire here. I cant say allot but please avoid at all cost.

I moved here because i got tired of eau claire. It puts me 30 min from eau claire and 45 from lax

#1117 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Maybe someday int he future i will hit the lotto and could just have a huge property and build my own pinspot.

lotto = tax for the mathmatically challenged

#1118 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

no thats the norske nook. I worked there for years. I have been working with the state health department to shut them down. Please if you value your safety do not eat there. I did a long report on then for weau in Eau Claire here. I cant say allot but please avoid at all cost.

This would've been good info to have before I had you shop out my machines, sice I stopped there after drop off. And all along I thought it was my wife's cooking.

#1119 10 years ago

You being serious Roger? Some small breakdowns that i can say. Things come out of the oven and go right into the cooler!!!! BAD. why is it bad becasue things have to be cooled rapdily with a freeze stick before being thrown in cooler. Otherwise bacteria breads int eh center at its optimal temp. Raw sausage sits out all day and kitchen temp 90+ Eggs the same. Things are married with older products that are moldy. Chemicals are sprayed all over teh bakery while pie crusts sit in the open. Commercial hood cleaners came in to clean the hoods and nothing was covered toxic chemicals sparyed all over the bakery with pie racks feet from the hoods. I could go on and on and on. I am serve safe certified in the state of WI IL and MN

#1120 10 years ago

Thanks guys Been cleaning my T2 all day today.

#1121 10 years ago

The reason the Vikings will never win a Superbowl is they are letting all their good players go to Seattle.
Go Hawks!

#1122 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

If only there was a place directly between Madison and Milwaukee...Someplace like Johnson Creek...The Gobbler is for sale but they want almost 2 miliion for it and it is in really rough shape. Maybe at the outlet mall?

I always wondered how much they were asking for the Gobbler. Word is that was a swank of a joint back in the day. Someone told me it was a swinger's hangout - although that is probably more urban legend. Can you imagine making that a pin club?

#1123 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I always wondered how much they were asking for the Gobbler. Word is that was a swank of a joint back in the day. Someone told me it was a swinger's hangout - although that is probably more urban legend. Can you imagine making that a pin club?

It was a really swank joint! The original owner had mafia ties and was so paranoid there were (and still are) microphones everywhere in that place so he could listen in on customers and employees. Besides the water damage and mold, it is a REALLY cool building. My wife and the neighbor lady were looking into turning into a strip joint. It would be PERFECT as one. Initial investment is too high though.

#1124 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

It was a really swank joint! The original owner had mafia ties and was so paranoid there were (and still are) microphones everywhere in that place so he could listen in on customers and employees. Besides the water damage and mold, it is a REALLY cool building. My wife and the neighbor lady were looking into turning into a strip joint. It would be PERFECT as one. Initial investment is too high though.

Even has it's own wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gobbler

#1125 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

welcome!
I love this sentence "I have met some great people here on Pinside as well as Jonogo "

LOL, I was laughing at that too.

Quoted from DEWSHO:

but can't find one on location.

Blainbrook bowl in the Blaine, MN has one.. but it may be a heck of a drive for an AC/DC.

#1126 10 years ago
Quoted from jonogo:

LOL, I was laughing at that too.

Blainbrook bowl in the Blaine, MN has one.. but it may be a heck of a drive for an AC/DC.

Josh, any luck on BH?

#1127 10 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Josh, any luck on BH?

Nope, didnt even call.. I'm strapped for cash for awhile! :/

#1128 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

You being serious Roger? Some small breakdowns that i can say. Things come out of the oven and go right into the cooler!!!! BAD. why is it bad becasue things have to be cooled rapdily with a freeze stick before being thrown in cooler. Otherwise bacteria breads int eh center at its optimal temp. Raw sausage sits out all day and kitchen temp 90+ Eggs the same. Things are married with older products that are moldy. Chemicals are sprayed all over teh bakery while pie crusts sit in the open. Commercial hood cleaners came in to clean the hoods and nothing was covered toxic chemicals sparyed all over the bakery with pie racks feet from the hoods. I could go on and on and on. I am serve safe certified in the state of WI IL and MN

That's nasty stuff man. I was just kidding about getting sick, though I did hit up their bakery after leaving your place. Glad nothing came of that. I'll stay away from here on out though for sure.

#1129 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I may never eat again after this statement. I....I think I'm going to be sick....tacos coming back up.

#1130 10 years ago
Quoted from roger0043:

That's nasty stuff man. I was just kidding about getting sick, though I did hit up their bakery after leaving your place. Glad nothing came of that. I'll stay away from here on out though for sure.

You got very lucky. There is a list of some 50 people in the last year that have reported them to the f&h board. Everyone in town knows not to eat there. I was the kitchen manager there and left as they would not repair the equipment that was faulty or enact my health and safety standards. Nothing was temped there cheese sitting in coolers at 50 degrees yuck mayo at 60 barf. Raw fish kept above raw steak.

PLEASE if any of you guys come to see me and many have do not eat at the Norske nook 3 blocks from my house.

The owners and staff get paid to right positive reviews on sites like yelp. Its a total scam. If you dont believe me go there and peek at the kitchen.

#1131 10 years ago

well if anyone wants to come and play anything I have, just send me a PM. I'm always around. SOF is getting taken apart and restored this Friday. I have a friend that wants some experience taking a playfield apart and back together, so figured my SOF was a good candidate, since it's one I wanted to do for awhile now.

#1132 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

well if anyone wants to come and play anything I have, just send me a PM. I'm always around. SOF is getting taken apart and restored this Friday. I have a friend that wants some experience taking a playfield apart and back together, so figured my SOF was a good candidate, since it's one I wanted to do for awhile now.

I might hit you up just to play Atlantis

#1133 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I do really like Neo's atlantis, I love that it has color changing light schemes as you play. Great job on that Neo!

#1134 10 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

The same one at MGC? I really enjoyed that game. Great artwork, great PF, good flow.

#1135 10 years ago

yup same one. Btw, I didn't add color changing abilities to Atlantis. That's the way it is. But in the normal version, everything is Red. I changed it to LED blue which accents the look and feel of the game better I think. Same with the conversion of blue bumper caps instead of red.

#1136 10 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

I think one will be popping up in the Madison area.

#1137 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

That's great news! Thanks for the heads up Todd! Keep us posted.

#1138 10 years ago

Millz picked up that BH on Friday. Sounds like it is in great shape.

Quoted from RustyLizard:

Josh, any luck on BH?

#1139 10 years ago
Quoted from tmac:

Do tell!!!

#1140 10 years ago

I am sure Quarter Time Dist. got one. Just don't know the location it will be put or if it will make it to location

#1141 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have said it before and will say it again. I would LOVE to find a cheap but safe place somewhat locally (love the idea of johnson creek due to central location between the 2 major cities) to rent and turn into a club similar to what Clay has in MI. I would happily take a few of my pins to such a place and if we could get 20-30 of us to each bring a few pins we could create a new pinball place.
I am sure it would be extremely difficult to find the right place and zoning laws would have to allow it, but it would be super cool! We would probably need a retired pinhead to be the central operator, but would be great to be able to open it to the public every so often for a fee in order to help pay the rent...

I often wondered if it would be possible to pull people together for a co-op style arrangement like this - like many car buffs do for garage space - but I assume it would be difficult to pull off without friction.

#1142 10 years ago

This week can't go by quick enough! Saturday is the big day. Dropping off CV with its new owner (he's from Ohio so I'm meeting him half way in Indiana), then picking up my Avengers LE blue in Chicagoland on the way back. This one already has every mod I could have wanted plus a few more at a great price to boot. Can't wait!

#1143 10 years ago

Awesome news JEDI!

#1144 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

This week can't go by quick enough! Saturday is the big day. Dropping off CV with its new owner (he's from Ohio so I'm meeting him half way in Indiana), then picking up my Avengers LE blue in Chicagoland on the way back. This one already has every mod I could have wanted plus a few more at a great price to boot. Can't wait!

You sound so happy! Even through text. That's awesome, congrats!
So when is the Avengers party?

#1145 10 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

picking up my Avengers LE blue

Congrats, I'm getting #235 on the 19th. I still want an Avatar so I will be putting Ben's modified TF out for trade for one. I do love TF but I love Avatar more.

#1147 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I often wondered if it would be possible to pull people together for a co-op style arrangement like this - like many car buffs do for garage space - but I assume it would be difficult to pull off without friction.

I've been searching for a workshop/storage space in the Waukesha-ish area for a while now. I've seen some spaces, but nothing seems to work "just right" in terms of size/location/price. I've been asking on and off to some people about doing a co-op space. I only have arcades at the moment, but think it'd be awesome to get a combination of both arcades and pins. If done correctly, to avoid any friction, it could be a pretty cool location.

#1148 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Sad news. Another CV is leaving WI

That one has some long history too. I will miss it.

#1149 10 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

That one has some long history too. I will miss it.

Is your avatar Mickey Rourke?

#1150 10 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Is your Avatar Mickey Rourke?

LMAO. That's Ben with a MASK on

There are 20,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.