1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 415.
#10351 6 years ago

I've been mugged at Cafettos in Minneapolis.

20171103_201418 (resized).jpg20171103_201418 (resized).jpg

#10352 6 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I've been mugged at Cafettos in Minneapolis.

They have great latte's.

LTG : )

#10353 6 years ago

Big shout out to TheBrewhouse for helping me bring my pins into the basement. It was a little tight but we did it!

In unrelated news, I'm never selling my T2 or MET.

20171103_203404 (resized).jpg20171103_203404 (resized).jpg

20171103_203341 (resized).jpg20171103_203341 (resized).jpg

20171103_203318 (resized).jpg20171103_203318 (resized).jpg

#10354 6 years ago

Your welcome, I had a great time chatting pins. You easily have room for two more pins in that movie theater.

#10355 6 years ago

Yay! Glad you got the pins down and thank you TheBrewhouse !! It is so awesome when we can come together as a community and help each other out!

#10356 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Big shout out to TheBrewhouse for helping me bring my pins into the basement. It was a little tight but we did it!
In unrelated news, I'm never selling my T2 or MET.

Glad you got them down without issue Chris. Look good down there. And yes, you have room for more down there as Brew said. Thanks for helping him out. Hope to check out that MET soon. . .

#10357 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Yay! Glad you got the pins down and thank you thebrewhouse !! It is so awesome when we can come together as a community and help each other out!

Jesus Parnell...........You're so Minnesota Nice.

#10358 6 years ago

Anyone know of a CNC company in MN that will take custom jobs? I'll be providing a 4 X 8 sheet of MDO.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10359 6 years ago

WTB: Sega Twister. Prefer non project within 250 miles of Madison area.

Please PM if you have one you want to move.

Thanks.

#10360 6 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Jesus Parnell...........You're so Minnesota Nice.

Hahaha. You betcha! Gotta love the warm fuzzies once hallmark started airing the Xmas movies I get all sentimental :-p

#10361 6 years ago

Hey guys... New here, from Milwaukee Wi. Picked up my first pin. Black Rose. So far so good. I have been collecting and restoring Arcade machines for a few years now and as cool as it is it doesn't hold a candle to playing pinball.

Black Rose (resized).JPGBlack Rose (resized).JPG

side art (resized).JPGside art (resized).JPG

black rose without the glass (resized).JPGblack rose without the glass (resized).JPG

#10362 6 years ago

Welcome! Pinball is pretty awesome! None of my other machines ever get played as much as pinball.

Black rose as a first game, Nice! Always wanted one but I’ve just played the pinball arcade one when is game 2 coming? they multiply faster than you could imagine

#10363 6 years ago
Quoted from Captain-Flint:

Hey guys... New here, from Milwaukee Wi. Picked up my first pin. Black Rose. So far so good. I have been collecting and restoring Arcade machines for a few years now and as cool as it is it doesn't hold a candle to playing pinball.

Welcome, you have a bunch of good guys and gals in your area.

#10364 6 years ago

Nice to see the community come together, that's what this is almost about.

Just a heads up. I'm putting my players SI for sale $1000 and my nice F2K $1300. Message me if interested.

#10365 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Anyone know of a CNC company in MN that will take custom jobs? I'll be providing a 4 X 8 sheet of MDO.

I'm probably to far for you, Rhinelander Wi, but I have CNC in my shop.

#10366 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

Nice to see the community come together, that's what this is almost about.
Just a heads up. I'm putting my players SI for sale $1000 and my nice F2K $1300. Message me if interested.

Pm sent

#10367 6 years ago

Nice! Black Rose was the first machine I bought too, well for about an hour till I bought a second machine (white water) while I still had the moving truck handy...
That playfield looks to be in nice shape, I would protect the cannon with a cliffy before it gets chipped too badly!
Welcome to the club!

#10368 6 years ago

A bit off pinball topic... I have an unopened SNES classic. $100 takes it home. I'm in Juneau, WI.

#10369 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Welcome! Pinball is pretty awesome! None of my other machines ever get played as much as pinball.
Black rose as a first game, Nice! Always wanted one but I’ve just played the pinball arcade one when is game 2 coming? they multiply faster than you could imagine

I have a Super Punchout I just restored. So first things first, I have to sell that in order to buy #2. Problem is the ones I want are always the craziest as far as price goes, my favorite is Creature from the Black Lagoon, or even an Indiana Jones. But first things first, gotta get the cash!

#10370 6 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Nice! Black Rose was the first machine I bought too, well for about an hour till I bought a second machine (white water) while I still had the moving truck handy...
That playfield looks to be in nice shape, I would protect the cannon with a cliffy before it gets chipped too badly!
Welcome to the club!

Good call... I didn't know if I should wait or just go for it. I'll make sure to make that my next purchase.

I hear White Water is an amazing machine. I have only seen videos of it, but it looks great. Hey question on your Black Rose, are most of your GI bulbs sized 44 or 555? I bought Cointakers LED kit and they sent like 16 555 LEDs but I only see 2 bulbs that are sized 555, the rest are all 44. Just curious if my pin is either older or has had work done, because the manual shows 555.

#10371 6 years ago

Good call... I didn't know if I should wait or just go for it. I'll make sure to make that my next purchase.
I hear White Water is an amazing machine. I have only seen videos of it, but it looks great.

1. Welcome! You might want to sign up over at wisconsinpinball.com too, for local flavor. Less traffic, but it's the local crowd and all the local events/leagues get posted over there.

B. If you don't mind driving to Muskego, I've got a whitewater (and a bunch of other stuff) you could kick the tires on to see if you like it or not.

E

#10372 6 years ago

I hear White Water is an amazing machine. I have only seen videos of it, but it looks great. Hey question on your Black Rose, are most of your GI bulbs sized 44 or 555? I bought Cointakers LED kit and they sent like 16 555 LEDs but I only see 2 bulbs that are sized 555, the rest are all 44. Just curious if my pin is either older or has had work done, because the manual shows 555.

Just a thought, I would avoid getting kits, and buy in bulk. It's a bit cheaper, and you will usually have more than enough of each, then you can just plug and play and not worry about matching by number. Also, (personal opinion) please avoid colored GI. Go with warm white or natural white, whatever your preference is. Color matched inserts work well also. And lastly, gotta put in a plug for Comet LEDs. They are great!

#10373 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I'm probably to far for you, Rhinelander Wi, but I have CNC in my shop.

Thats a bit far, a local CNC shop looks promising. I'll reach out if this lead doesn't pan out.

http://thiedewoodworks.com/

#10374 6 years ago

It’s been a while since I put LED’s in mine, but I know there were a mix of 555’s and 44’s I just don’t recall the exact numbers. The manual doesn’t list the amount either. But it appears that the 555 are the more common bulbs:

I would just buy an assortment of bulbs and customize it to your liking. It could be that someone changed out some sockets on yours, like you said.

476C3271-8ECE-4BC1-B5DA-CB9826752D9B (resized).jpeg476C3271-8ECE-4BC1-B5DA-CB9826752D9B (resized).jpeg

#10375 6 years ago

Going to see GnR tomorrow at the Bradley Center, staying at the double tree. Any recommendations for a good restaurant/bar within walking distance for supper? Pins would be a bonus.
I'm taking my 10 year old son to his first rock concert as a reward for an achievement at school. He recently fell in love with GnR, so this should be fun!

#10376 6 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Going to see GnR tomorrow at the Bradley Center, staying at the double tree. Any recommendations for a good restaurant/bar within walking distance for supper? Pins would be a bonus.
I'm taking my 10 year old son to his first rock concert as a reward for an achievement at school. He recently fell in love with GnR, so this should be fun!

One block east of the Bradley center is Old World 3rd St... lots of options for food. Buck Bradleys, Brick 3 Pizza, MKE Brat House, Who's on third... Then if you want to walk across river on Juneau there are even a lot more food places... Assuming you are not looking for a sit down steak dinner, my kids love Brick 3 Pizza before a MKE Bucks game. It has all kinds of different/some unique pizzas by the slice and breadsticks are great and it is usually pretty quick in and out. There are lots of other brew/sports pubs right down there too if you are looking to sit down for some burgers or bar food.. most spots are to the east, however I don't recall many/any with pinball.

Have fun and say hi to Axel and Slash, should be a great concert.

#10377 6 years ago
Quoted from smacks:

One block east of the Bradley center is Old World 3rd St... lots of options for food. Buck Bradleys, Brick 3 Pizza, MKE Brat House, Who's on third... Then if you want to walk across river on Juneau there are even a lot more food places... Assuming you are not looking for a sit down steak dinner, my kids love Brick 3 Pizza before a MKE Bucks game. It has all kinds of different/some unique pizzas by the slice and breadsticks are great and it is usually pretty quick in and out. There are lots of other brew/sports pubs right down there too if you are looking to sit down for some burgers or bar food.. most spots are to the east, however I don't recall many/any with pinball.
Have fun and say hi to Axel and Slash, should be a great concert.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. The boy loves pizza

#10378 6 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Yeah Old World 3rd street... check out Old German Beer hall and Buck Bradley's.

#10379 6 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Just a thought, I would avoid getting kits, and buy in bulk. It's a bit cheaper, and you will usually have more than enough of each, then you can just plug and play and not worry about matching by number. Also, (personal opinion) please avoid colored GI. Go with warm white or natural white, whatever your preference is. Color matched inserts work well also. And lastly, gotta put in a plug for Comet LEDs. They are great!

Thanks.... I ended up buying a bunch of stuff over at Cointakers, next time I will buy in bulk for sure. I agree, colored leds for the GI are too much. I have a small section of red, and the bumpers are blue so I have blue leds in there... everything else is warm white and cool white. I learned that from watching Johns Arcade over on youtube working on Radical.

#10380 6 years ago

I have a Strange Science for sale if anybody is interested:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-strange-science-2

#10381 6 years ago

Old German Beer Hall, hell ya, how could I not go somewhere called that?

#10382 6 years ago

Hey all, I'm making some room for AFMr LE that should hopefully show up here in the next month or so. I posted up my Road Show in the marketplace, which is a super clean example if anyone knows anyone looking for one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/56121

Happy to strip it down back to the raw game to cut the cost if anyone doesn't want the upgrades (and i can use them on other machines anyways).

#10383 6 years ago

Howdy WI and MN folks (and surrounding area lurkers )

I would love to see you all out at the official TNA launch party which is coming up soon.
Please mark your calendars and plan to make the trip over/down/up to Madison.

Lots of celebrity guests will be there and will be a fun time. Working on some special prizes and trophies now. Charlie, Bug, and Scott will be happy to show you how to crush the game (well maybe not Charlie so much, but he gets 1/2 credit since Bug is his boy).

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/official-tna-wi-launch-party-2017

Please come out to show our support for team spooky!

#10384 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Howdy WI and MN folks (and surrounding area lurkers )
I would love to see you all out at the official TNA launch party which is coming up soon.
Please mark your calendars and plan to make the trip over/down/up to Madison.
Lots of celebrity guests will be there and will be a fun time. Working on some special prizes and trophies now. Charlie, Bug, and Scott will be happy to show you how to crush the game (well maybe not Charlie so much, but he gets 1/2 credit since Bug is his boy).
https://pinside.com/pinball/events/official-tna-wi-launch-party-2017
Please come out to show our support for team spooky!

Nice!

#10385 6 years ago

Game is already at Alt Brew now in case you want some practice

#10386 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Game is already at Alt Brew now in case you want some practice

Nicer!

#10387 6 years ago

Local retail sources for Novus cleaners/polishers?

Hi.

Can I buy bottles of Novus 1 and 2 off the shelf anywhere in the Twin Cities, or must I buy them online?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#10388 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Hi.
Can I buy bottles of Novus 1 and 2 off the shelf anywhere in the Twin Cities, or must I buy them online?
Thanks!

You can buy them at most motorcycle dealerships.

#10389 6 years ago

Ace Hardware often has them.

Auto parts stores for a good, hard, carnauba wax.

LTG : )

#10390 6 years ago

Hi.
Thanks!

Rather random, but I picked some up locally at The Container Store in Edina.

#10391 6 years ago

Thank you, Alex, Lloyd, and BF for your replies.

I'll be looking at Ace and auto parts stores. Car/motorcycle dealerships are notorious for charging premiums for any/all parts/accessories, so I will probably avoid them as a source.

Amazon is, of course, the cheapest, but I wanted to give my business to a local retailer if possible.

Peace.

#10392 6 years ago
Quoted from janus:

How was the show?

#10393 6 years ago

Hi.
Thanks!

Good deals on ebay.

#10394 6 years ago
Quoted from smacks:

How was the show?

It was great, I'm really glad I went. Axl can still sing, Slash played great, they were all high energy for over three hours. The stage was really cool. The sound, light show and pyrotechnics were incredible especially with how they tied in with the music.
I didn't know what to expect. At their age I thought they might mail it in, but they really brought it and seemed really into putting on a great show. They performed all their hits, lots of good covers and even played Coma, which my 10 year old loves from the pinball.
It was great and the boy had the time of his life!
Had some pizza at brick3 and beer at the Old German Beer Hall, thank you for that, and even stopped at Poolies on the way home Wednesday. Cool place.

Great trip all around, thank you Wisconsin

#10395 6 years ago

Toying with the idea of trading out my TWD pro which I bought NIB. It's a great game, I'm just getting frustrated with the difficulty level being well above my skill level. Has a few mods...Mezel Barn, Well Walker guts, shaker, speaker lights and acrylics, all GI changed to frosted sunlight 2-smd Comets which look awesome.

I would most likely wait until GOTG hits and see if I love that, but I thought I'd throw this out there now to see if any interesting trade offers come up, particularly SW pro. Also very interested in a BM'66, SM:Vault (possibly a very, very nice standard SM), and Dialed-In, but not sure if I could come up with the cash difference for those. Really this is just a feeler to see if there is any trade interest to help nudge me into letting it go.

#10396 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Toying with the idea of trading out my TWD pro which I bought NIB. It's a great game, I'm just getting frustrated with the difficulty level being well above my skill level. Has a few mods...Mezel Barn, Well Walker guts, shaker, speaker lights and acrylics, all GI changed to frosted sunlight 2-smd Comets which look awesome.
I would most likely wait until GOTG hits and see if I love that, but I thought I'd throw this out there now to see if any interesting trade offers come up, particularly SW pro. Also very interested in a BM'66, SM:Vault (possibly a very, very nice standard SM), and Dialed-In, but not sure if I could come up with the cash difference for those. Really this is just a feeler to see if there is any trade interest to help nudge me into letting it go.

Let me know on the dialed in. We could do a 2 for 1 trade (hint, walking dead plus iron man or jurassic park) plus or minus cash. Also, trade in come off before taxes are applied. If there is enough trade in value then there would be no taxes to be paid on your side.

Let me know

#10397 6 years ago

Posted in the Wisconsin Pinball Forum, but thought it would be worth mentioning here too!

Next Thursday we will be hosting an O'so Tap takeover with possibly the last couple kegs of our collaboration beers from a few years ago. In addition, O'so will be sponsoring a free play block between 5 PM and 8 PM on our machines at the Blue Moon. We will have a challenge running on each machine for the chance at some bombers of O'so beer!

Blue Moon_O'so 10th Ann_CAT (resized).jpgBlue Moon_O'so 10th Ann_CAT (resized).jpg

#10398 6 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Missing SM?

#10399 6 years ago

Yup. Really want a vault, but a mint original would be considered. One way or the other there will be web slinging in my basement again at some point.

#10400 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Let me know on the dialed in. We could do a 2 for 1 trade (hint, walking dead plus iron man or jurassic park) plus or minus cash. Also, trade in come off before taxes are applied. If there is enough trade in value then there would be no taxes to be paid on your side.
Let me know

I didn't know you did trades. Is this like an automotive trade-in where I'll get a way undervalued trade-in due to overhead and all that? o.O

No need to respond here Chris! I will definitely keep that in mind in the future!

There are 20,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 208 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/208?hl=billpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.