By RustyLizard

4 years ago

Stats

• 10,420 posts
  • 329 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Schabs81
  • Topic is favorited by 170 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,123 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

!ugh2 (resized).JPG
Blue Moon_O'so 10th Ann_CAT (resized).jpg
476C3271-8ECE-4BC1-B5DA-CB9826752D9B (resized).jpeg
black rose without the glass (resized).JPG
side art (resized).JPG
Black Rose (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
20171103_203318 (resized).jpg
20171103_203341 (resized).jpg
20171103_203404 (resized).jpg
20171103_201418 (resized).jpg
20170115_180219 (resized).jpg
20170115_180508 (resized).jpg
20171031_090509 (resized).jpg
20171031_090351 (resized).jpg
20171031_090342 (resized).jpg

There are 10420 posts in topic. You are on page 206 of 209.
#10251 49 days ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

Yes that's the one. I got lucky on it. It had been sitting in a music school for a while and the guy received it as a gift. He was just as happy with the amount he received as I was. I paid before moving to prevent the leaches from screwing the deal. I heard the phone call. The seller told him that someone had already paid him for it and the caller persisted to offer $4000. Some people are just clueless and inconsiderate.

You should have said that people like that never end up paying the full amount. They'll come to pay and try and back down on the price again.

#10252 49 days ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You should have said that people like that never end up paying the full amount. They'll come to pay and try and back down on the price again.

This is true and that was my reply. If bet most have us have experienced similar situations when buying off of CL in the past. I just think it would be nice to have some code of ethics, but unfortunately I doubt progress will ever be made.

#10253 49 days ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Says the guy who offered more on a pin that someone was else had already arranged to look at.

#10254 49 days ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Says the guy who offered more on a pin that someone was else had already arranged to look at.

I offered $2200 on that shadow BEFORE that thread popped up on here about it. He also didn't tell me about someone coming to look at it until AFTER I made the offer.

Or are you talking about something else?

#10255 49 days ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

This is true and that was my reply. If bet most have us have experienced similar situations when buying off of CL in the past. I just think it would be nice to have some code of ethics, but unfortunately I doubt progress will ever be made.

This also goes to show that all the "I buy pin" ads on craigslist doesn't do much.

#10256 49 days ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I offered $2200 on that shadow BEFORE that thread popped up on here about it. He also didn't tell me about someone coming to look at it until AFTER I made the offer.
Or are you talking about something else?

Fair enough, my apologizes, I should have went back and reread before posting.

#10257 49 days ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Fair enough, my apologizes, I should have went back and reread before posting.

Its all good. I had a deal or two of mine almost backdoored these past few years and I dont want to be that guy.

#10258 48 days ago

The sign is dead. Long live the new sign.

LTG : )

signdead (resized).JPG

sign2017 (resized).JPG

flyingsign (resized).JPG

#10260 48 days ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

keeping the old sign for a keepsake?

No. Too big to put anywhere. That sign was about 8 feet by 18 feet. No sense paying to store something I'll never use.

And I don't need it popping up on another business somewhere and people think it's me.

#10261 48 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Too big to put anywhere. That sign was about 8 feet by 18 feet. No sense paying to store something I'll never use.
And I don't need it popping up on another business somewhere and people think it's me.

I would get it cut up and hand out individual letters are gifts to people that have supported you over the year. Many would love to have a letter

#10262 48 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would get it cut up and hand out individual letters are gifts to people that have supported you over the year. Many would love to have a letter

I thought of things like that. But you get back to square one. Too huge to deal with. Even just the plexi is heavy. Then where to cut it. What with. Where to store the pieces.

#10263 48 days ago

ask the local community. I bet someone would cut it up for you.

If I were local I would do it for you and then just bring them to the store and have a party this weekend.

#10264 48 days ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

ask the local community. I bet someone would cut it up for you.

If I were local I would do it for you and then just bring them to the store and have a party this weekend.

Too late.

#10265 48 days ago
Quoted from Scot0308:

The seller told him that someone had already paid him for it and the caller persisted to offer $4000. Some people are just clueless and inconsiderate.

If it were me selling, I'd have told him all right, you talked me into it, and proceeded to give an address in the middle of nowhere, followed by blocking his phone number.

#10266 47 days ago

Archived after 28 days
Sold (amount undisclosed)
Other - For Sale
“Super Chexx Hockey. This is the collectible USA vs Russia version. Dome has small scratches and playfield has tape behind both goalies but does not affect gameplay. All players g...”
2017-09-26
Mequon, WI

If anybody is looking will add cash for a trade for a pin

#10267 47 days ago

Wanted: Williams, Bally, or Stern Pin for $3500 or less

(With all due respect, I am NOT seeking Sega, Data East, or Gottlieb pins.)

Four hours or less driving distance from Minneapolis.

"Players' condition" is fine, but I can't really take on "project" pins.

Must be solid-state and no older than, say, '88. Taxi, for instance, is perhaps the oldest pin I would consider.

(I realize this is not the "Market" portion of pinside, but it is a Minnesota-specific club, so I'm taking a risk and posting here.)

Thanks in advance.

#10268 47 days ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

(I realize this is not the "Market" portion of pinside, but it is a Minnesota-specific club, so I'm taking a risk and posting here.)
Thanks in advance.

You're good dude, that's exactly what this thread is for

#10269 46 days ago

I'm thinking about getting rid of my Vector. I haven't played it in months. Think I logged much more time repairing & doing minor restoration of it than getting some sort of high score on it. Then I'll have room for another pin. But my Secret Service is staying. heh

#10270 46 days ago

Anyone know if Mortimer's in Minneapolis still has the MET LE on-site? I want to try one out before I decide if I'm going to buy one myself. I'll try to get out there tomorrow if they do. Thanks!

#10271 46 days ago
Quoted from s1500:

I'm thinking about getting rid of my Vector. I haven't played it in months. Think I logged much more time repairing & doing minor restoration of it than getting some sort of high score on it. Then I'll have room for another pin. But my Secret Service is staying. heh

How much for the Vector and where are you located? Tried to PM but you seem to have them disabled.

#10272 46 days ago

Last Chance - Free Points Grab tournament will be on December 30, 2017 in Neenah, WI. Please see details here:

http://wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1438

#10273 45 days ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

How much for the Vector and where are you located? Tried to PM but you seem to have them disabled.

I'm in the twin cities. Give me a minute, and I'll re-enable private messages. I'm thinking around 800 with all the parts put into it.

#10274 45 days ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Anyone know if Mortimer's in Minneapolis still has the MET LE on-site? I want to try one out before I decide if I'm going to buy one myself. I'll try to get out there tomorrow if they do. Thanks!

According to the pinball map - yeah.
https://pinballmap.com/minnesota/?by_location_id=3352

#10275 45 days ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

This post has me wondering a couple of things.

First, does Mortimer's have pin prices to match those of Tilt? I mean, I know the two bars are under the purview of the same person, but I assumed that Morty's would still have $1 plays, as it's not a pinball-specific bar.

Second, Tilt hasn't got a single "band" pin. No Aerosmith. No Metallica. No KISS. Such pins are apparently good sellers for Stern. So why none in Tilt? My suspicion is that the answer has to do with the fact that band pins crank out their own music during gameplay. Perhaps Tilt doesn't want the competition from its own machines when it comes to tunes, etc. Of course, at full-tilt in Tilt, the din is enough to drown out any individual pin's sounds, whatever they might be. The loudest pin I've ever played beside was Metallica - not from games sounds but from the song that plays over them. Iron Man gets fairly loud, too, with all that ammunition being unspooled during certain multi-balls. The Walking Dead is also noisy, as the designers loaded *many* shock sounds into it, like those of horror movies, to "scare" the player, etc. I'm not saying I like silent pinball - indeed I think TWD is hella tight! I'm just wondering why Tilt decided to pass on band pins. Plenty of people hail Metallica as the best Stern pin, yet Tilt has hustled to get Stern's Batman, Spider-Man, and Star Wars, but no Metallica.

#10276 45 days ago

This post has me wondering a couple of things.
First, does Mortimer's have pin prices to match those of Tilt? I mean, I know the two bars are under the purview of the same person, but I assumed that Morty's would still have $1 plays, as it's not a pinball-specific bar.
Second, Tilt hasn't got a single "band" pin. No Aerosmith. No Metallica. No KISS. Such pins are apparently good sellers for Stern. So why none in Tilt? My suspicion is that the answer has to do with the fact that band pins crank out their own music during gameplay. Perhaps Tilt doesn't want the competition from its own machines when it comes to tunes, etc. Of course, at full-tilt in Tilt, the din is enough to drown out any individual pin's sounds, whatever they might be. The loudest pin I've ever played beside was Metallica - not from games sounds but from the song that plays over them. Iron Man gets fairly loud, too, with all that ammunition being unspooled during certain multi-balls. The Walking Dead is also noisy, as the designers loaded *many* shock sounds into it, like those of horror movies, to "scare" the player, etc. I'm not saying I like silent pinball - indeed I think TWD is hella tight! I'm just wondering why Tilt decided to pass on band pins. Plenty of people hail Metallica as the best Stern pin, yet Tilt has hustled to get Stern's Batman, Spider-Man, and Star Wars, but no Metallica.

Mortimer's pins cost more money per play. Tilt has to do cheap pins to compete with Up Down.

Tilt used to have Aerosmith. KISS was a horrible earner and was long since pulled from Mortimer's and Sun Ray Lanes and sold. D&G always buys the newest games and since he has a few options on where to route them, he will move them if they aren't doing as well as they should. If Aerosmith is already pulled from Tilt, I can only imagine it wasn't earning and he is going to try it somewhere else instead. There's just so many pinball companies with so many options nowadays that it doesn't make sense to keep a new game on route if it isn't earning well and something else new could do better.

D&G had a Metallica LE before literally anyone else in the country had one, so they were on board right away for that game just like they buy at least one of every new Stern game. I remember shooting cell video of the LE features in John's garage because Stern didn't want us to use the LE in the launch party because they said it was sent out by mistake. Metallica has always done well for them I believe, but they have to spread the love since they have a few locations, so Metallica was always one of the games that didn't really move. It went from Mortimer's to Gringo's and I think that was it.

#10277 45 days ago
Quoted from s1500:

I'm in the twin cities. Give me a minute, and I'll re-enable private messages. I'm thinking around 800 with all the parts put into it.

Send me a few pics if you don't mind, not sure when the next time I will be able to make it to the cities.

#10278 45 days ago

Rule about pinball audio: Stern's Star Strek's "wwrerreeee!" end of ball sound can be heard for miles. It pierces through ANYTHING, even at the busiest days of Pinball Expo.

#10279 45 days ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Mortimer's pins cost more money per play. Tilt has to do cheap pins to compete with Up Down.
Tilt used to have Aerosmith. KISS was a horrible earner and was long since pulled from Mortimer's and Sun Ray Lanes and sold. D&G always buys the newest games and since he has a few options on where to route them, he will move them if they aren't doing well. If Aerosmith is already pulled from Tilt, I can only imagine it wasn't earning and he is going to try it somewhere else instead. There's just so many pinball companies with so many options nowadays that it doesn't make sense to keep a game on route if it isn't earning well and something else could do better.

And here I thought UP/DOWN had quarter pins to match Tilt!

D&G? Is that the vending company that supplies these bars? Are you telling me the bars' owner really just lets D&G install whatever pins "earn" and pull whichever don't? And you're right: Tilt *did* have an Aerosmith in the early going. I never saw it running though.

#10280 45 days ago

And here I thought UP/DOWN had quarter pins to match Tilt!

D&G? Is that the vending company that supplies these bars? Are you telling me the bars' owner really just lets D&G install whatever pins "earn" and pull whichever don't? And you're right: Tilt *did* have an Aerosmith in the early going. I never saw it running though.

Up Down opened first, with quarter play.

D&G ( John Galvin ) and another couple bought Mortimers and opened Tilt.

So one of the bar's owners installs or removes the whatever.

#10281 45 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Up Down opened first, with quarter play.
D&G ( John Galvin ) and another couple bought Mortimers and opened Tilt.
So one of the bar's owners installs or removes the whatever.

Wow! 'twas UP/DOWN that set the tone with quarter pins! I would never have guessed!

UP/DOWN is less my jam, but I'm grateful it's there. I do stop there - just less often than I stop at Tilt.

I still assume John Galvin is a serious pinhead. Anyone who would have a lineup like he has on the west wall of Tilt has got to be someone who strives to be a dreammaker, not simply an earner. If I ever met the dude, I would be incredibly effusive.

#10282 45 days ago

not simply an earner.

Don't forget the alcohol sales they need.

I believe he is a pinhead. But a businessman first.

#10283 45 days ago

I played Aerosmith at Tilt back in May and enjoyed it. My wife did too. I was surprised when I looked at their webpage and saw it's no longer there, as it was constantly played when I was there.

Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

According to the pinball map - yeah.
https://pinballmap.com/minnesota/?by_location_id=3352

I saw that, it's just been a few months and wanted confirmation. I'll probably go check it out tonight though since it's a good bet that it's still there.

#10284 45 days ago

Throwing this out there but does anyone have a TMNT playfield and or ramp they are willing to part with? My shooter lane needs some serious work so I was looking for a decent playfield to restore. The ramp....well it's worth a shot. Thanks!

#10285 44 days ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I went down to Mortimer's with my wife tonight and they do indeed still have the Metallica LE! That's the good news. The bad news is that it appears they have the hammer disabled... I made the shots, but the magnet never caught the ball and the hammer never struck down. Instead, the display just told me I locked the ball as the action continued. Then when I got multiball, it just started launching balls. Kinda disappointing. In addition, the cross never rose from the cemetery so not sure if that was just broken or somehow disabled as well.

The only thing going proved was that the hammer doesn't block Sparky at all for me, and the color changing LEDs were cool. Still not any closer to determining if I want to pay extra for the Premium or not though. Darn!

I really liked using PayRange tho!

#10286 43 days ago

Looking for a used Super Chexx in Minnesota or western Wisconsin.
Yes, I saw the other ad, but looking for something a little closer!

Please pm me with any info you may have.

Thank you!

#10287 42 days ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Looking for a used Super Chexx in Minnesota or western Wisconsin.
Yes, I saw the other ad, but looking for something a little closer!
Please pm me with any info you may have.
Thank you!

uffda, hard to find a chexx with that good of a price.....

#10288 42 days ago

Hard to find one that doesn’t need $200 in gear boxes.

#10289 40 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

uffda, hard to find a chexx with that good of a price.....

Yeah, it looks like it.... Trying to help a relative find one, but maybe he should just look for a new Chexx or get a pinball machine instead!

#10290 40 days ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Yeah, it looks like it.... Trying to help a relative find one, but maybe he should just look for a new Chexx or get a pinball machine instead!

Well if money isn’t a huge factor, the new gen super Chexx comes out in like a month!

#10291 38 days ago

siouxfalls.craigslist.org link

$1300 OBO. Very clean Buck Safari at a good price.
Need the space

#10292 36 days ago

You know your friends and family take your pinball addictition seriously, when they make you a pinball baby quilt for your baby. Hahahhaha.

1A4C4079-3CC7-4D0E-8E6D-A9BC83B11FA8 (resized).jpeg

#10293 35 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

You know your friends and family take your pinball addictition seriously, when they make you a pinball baby quilt for your baby. Hahahhaha.

Where did you get that fabric?! My Mother-in-law makes quilts and blankets and I would love for her to make us something like this!

#10294 35 days ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Where did you get that fabric?! My Mother-in-law makes quilts and blankets and I would love for her to make us something like this!

My mom said "the internet". I'll get you the details I'm so pumped, told her after the baby is done with it, it is being hung up in the game room

She said she got it from spoonflower, which it looks like they have a few patterns

https://www.spoonflower.com/tags/pinball

#10295 35 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

My mom said "the internet". I'll get you the details I'm so pumped, told her after the baby is done with it, it is being hung up in the game room
She said she got it from spoonflower, which it looks like they have a few patterns

Just sent the link to my wife. Awesome!

#10296 35 days ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I’m curious how the pattern and color hold up. I have seen the site and they offer it on multiple different fabric choices. Thinking this would make a good dog bed cover for the game room.

#10297 34 days ago

TNA is now at Tilt. Time to go back there again and play it with art!

#10298 30 days ago

Have an NBA Fastbreak for sale in the marketplace. Decided to move on quicker than normal, decided I want to get a Star Trek Premium instead. We only have room for 2 pins in the room we have them in, can't do 3 or I'd keep it. My price is a bit higher than normal, but it reflects what I paid and the fact that it's the most flawless HUO I've ever owned. This one is beyond mint condition! No need to scramble around trying to find ramps that don't exist. No broken plastics anywhere and the hoop is flawless.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/55449

#10299 30 days ago

Alright, cleaning the basement and I have some stuff to move

Free
Dmd with issues like lines out.
3 sets of stock stern side rails used
Bags of random leds from pbl, comet etc these are from old orders or pulled from games.

Cgc pallet
Stern pf pallet and box with foam

Looking for a single original Chexx USA standard length stick player

#10300 30 days ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Have an NBA Fastbreak for sale in the marketplace. Decided to move on quicker than normal, decided I want to get a Star Trek Premium instead. We only have room for 2 pins in the room we have them in, can't do 3 or I'd keep it. My price is a bit higher than normal, but it reflects what I paid and the fact that it's the most flawless HUO I've ever owned. This one is beyond mint condition! No need to scramble around trying to find ramps that don't exist. No broken plastics anywhere and the hoop is flawless.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/55449

That's the nicest NBA Fastbreak I've seen.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfield, CT
£ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 125.00
Playfield - Plastics
Great American Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 46.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 989.00
$ 24.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Bent Mods
7,555 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weston, CT
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 99.99
Displays
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
There are 10420 posts in topic. You are on page 206 of 209.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside