1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 415.
#10151 6 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

That's cheap. I wish I was going to Expo.

If you still need it come expo time, put out a post a couple weeks ahead and I'm sure someone going that has room would be glad to pick up some and transport back. My plans are up in the air... I was initially going, then I wasn't, and now I am trying to arrange to go again. If I do, I might have room in my truck on the return trip for a few items.

#10152 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzap:

If you still need it come expo time, put out a post a couple weeks ahead and I'm sure someone going that has room would be glad to pick up some and transport back. My plans are up in the air... I was initially going, then I wasn't, and now I am trying to arrange to go again. If I do, I might have room in my truck on the return trip for a few items.

As someone new to the hobby, are going to these big pinball shows a good time to buy the machines themselves and drive them back? I have no plans to go, just kind of curious.

#10153 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

As someone new to the hobby, are going to these big pinball shows a good time to buy the machines themselves and drive them back?

Yes and no. Often higher prices, though last hours of a show can provide some dickering on prices.

And you may run into games you don't normally see.

Depending on your area, you may do better within your local collectors.

LTG : )

#10154 6 years ago

Are there any pinball shows in MN?

#10155 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes and no. Often higher prices, though last hours of a show can provide some dickering on prices.
And you may run into games you don't normally see.
Depending on your area, you may do better within your local collectors.

Thanks! I still need to get out there to get that soldering lesson.

#10156 6 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

No just pinball events like tournaments, launch parties and such. I know some people are trying to change that. The tournaments and parties are a great place to start though if you are looking to network and/or buy games. You will get your best deals by far by word of mouth with the locals.

#10157 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

pinball shows a good time to buy the machines

Yes. I wouldn't necessarily count on games just waiting for you to buy. Many game deals happen prior to the event and the show is the meeting place for the exchange. I haven't been to the chicago expo in a while, but I know there are some for sale.

Midwest Gaming Classic is the show I go to more. It always has lots of games for sale.

Get in on those "what are you bringing" threads to get a deal going if you're looking for something specific.

#10158 6 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

No. The country is show heavy now. So starting one of any size would be tough. Money to set it up, a bunch of people to run it. Place to do it. And getting games from the area to the show is tough. I had around 20 extra games brought in for my 30th anniversary party. Making 40+ at the event. I think you'd need more for even a small show of two or three days.

#10159 6 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

I should add. The Pinball Circus will return someday. And on September 20th, 2022 I'll have the Golden Goose, my 50th Anniversary party.

#10160 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

on September 20th, 2022 I'll have the Golden Goose, my 50th Anniversary party.

I've been looking for a reason to visit Minneapolis just so I can stop by your place!

If I don't come up with a reason before 2022, this party will be it!

#10161 6 years ago

I case anyone is interested minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#10162 6 years ago

Anyone interested in trading a pinball for a huo Super Chex? I bought it brand new from ICE in 2015. It is the NHL edition, black, does split in half to get thru doors, Bruins vs Wild with the Wild decal on the ice. I had a custom metal stand made to fit the bottom so it stands a couple inches higher and you can roll it around. Also had a set of Wild and North Stars figures custom painted and decaled by a guy in New York but I never installed them. I have around $4500 into this.

Very low plays, that's the reason I am looking to trade. Wife doesn't play, kids are too young, can hardly ever get anyone to play. I can at least play pinball by myself

IMG_9939 (resized).JPGIMG_9939 (resized).JPG

IMG_9940 (resized).JPGIMG_9940 (resized).JPG

#10163 6 years ago

Anyone going to expo that has room to bring a game for me? (Whoa Nellie) I have someone interested in buying it if I can find it a ride to Expo.
Thanks

#10164 6 years ago

Anyone going to the pinball life party that has some used stern cabinet hardware from an armor upgrade they no longer want. I am building a home brew in a new stern lower that was damaged and repaired.

Looking for;
Pro siderails
Hinge plates
De,sega,stern lock down bar
Stern plastic cabinet leg protectors
Playfeild pivots stern style
Top mount playfeild hooks stern style
Any hardware for the above.

This entire venture will be expensive so I'm looking for some deals and to help clean out your used parts stash.
Thanks

#10165 6 years ago

I got stern pro side rails and hinges off a metallica . I will be at the piball life party on friday .

#10166 6 years ago

I have three sets of pro side rails I need to find homes for :-p however I will not be at expo :/

#10167 6 years ago

trilogybeer thanks for the hookup. Less parts I need.
northvibe that's ok you supplied the legs. Before I knew I needed them.
Thanks
I'm going to keep my eyes out for the lockdown bar. I beleive most DE and Sega are the same as latching style stern.

#10168 6 years ago

I might have a black DE lock down bar in my parts pile. I can check tonight.

#10169 6 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

trilogybeer thanks for the hookup. Less parts I need.
northvibe that's ok you supplied the legs. Before I knew I needed them.
Thanks
I'm going to keep my eyes out for the lockdown bar. I beleive most DE and Sega are the same as latching style stern.

Ah, cool

#10170 6 years ago

I'm heading up to Minneapolis in the not too distant future and will have some time for pinball. It's been a couple years and I could use some tips on locations for the current places to play.

My current plans are to stop by SS Billiards. (they were closed last time I was up) Tilt looks interesting and worth a visit.

Where else should I stop?

#10171 6 years ago
Quoted from Lame33:

My current plans are to stop by SS Billiards. (they were closed last time I was up)

I'm open noon to midnight everyday except Sunday which is noon to 10pm.

If you need earlier or later, let me know in advance so I can make it happen.

#10172 6 years ago

For sure SS, and Tilt! Blainebrook bowl in Blaine (not too far out of the city) has a lot of pins too. Hoping to make it down to SS myself for a bit after work tomorrow.

#10173 6 years ago

I always go to SS Billiards first then to Mortimers Bar, then I would finish at Tilt

#10174 6 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I might have a black DE lock down bar in my parts pile. I can check tonight.

Thanks for checking into it. But it ended up being a bally.
Still on the hunt for a DE sega or stern lockdown.

#10175 6 years ago

Thank you for all the advice.

Forgot about Mortimer's. I'll have to put that one on the list.

#10176 6 years ago

Still looking for a El Dorado. . . . . . . . . . .

#10177 6 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Still looking for a El Dorado. . . . . . . . . . .

You and Sir Walter Raleigh!

I know of one near me, but it's an "adult party store." Probably not what you or Walt had in mind!

#10178 6 years ago

Ha. I remember when the place opened. The whole town got up in arms.

#10179 6 years ago

Anyone have a Star Trek Pro they are looking to sell or know of one for sale? Looking for a local (driving distance) sale and price is my key motivating factor to buy, so I'm not really looking for a museum piece modded to high heaven. Let me know. Thanks.

#10180 6 years ago

I've got two BH that I'm looking to sell. Not really looking for trades.

1st one is very nice. Recently shopped and rebuilt with new Swemmer board. Pop bumpers, flippers, and kickers all strong. Plays great. Spinning motor works. All displays work. Led's for GI. Cabinet is nice with exception of some wood out of front of cabinet (see pics). Both bg nice. New tube from lower pf to upper. Good coin door. The power supply has been rebuilt and updated, all the pop boards have been updated, interconnect rebuilt with new wires. The tube is new polycarbonate with led to make it glow. Lower window lights converted to Standard voltage. $2150 with Swemmer board, or $1950 with old non working board that you may be able to repair

2nd one has a nicer cabinet. I did a little swapping of things with first one. Spinning motor works. Two displays in head work. Did not test under pf displays. No pf glass. Coil seem free, not burned or locked on. Does not have mpu or driver board, so may be good candidate for Pascal 4 in 1 board. Does have sound board. Some pf wear and planking. Good coin door. Inner bg is rough. $750.

#10181 6 years ago

Got a few items up for sale/for trade:
Ghostbusters premium. Mint. HUO. Locked in. Playing great. No ghosting. Shaker. Mirror blades.
ACDC pro. First run. Train mod, lollipop rails and Helen decal covering Angus. HUO. Mint.
No Good Gofers. Solid pin with color dmd and decals on ramps.
Buck hunter Safari. Solid. Guns and monitor perfect.
Super Mario Brothers arcade. Monitor and control panel are very nice.
Cougar dart board. Solid and working.
Please PM if interested. Offering good prices on all items.
Located in Sioux Falls, SD.
Thanks!

#10182 6 years ago

45 years ago tonight the Hopkins City council approved the transfer of the SS Billiards license. And the mayor welcomed us to the community.

#10183 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

45 years ago tonight the Hopkins City council approved the transfer of the SS Billiards license. And the mayor welcomed us to the community.

Way cool Lloyd, Congrats. I had had my Mustang for over 2 years. And to think we both still have them.

#10184 6 years ago

A few have asked about prices, so here they are:
Ghostbusters premium: $6300.
ACDC Pro: $4950.
No Good Gofers. $3250 without color dmd. $3650 with color dmd.
Buck Hunter Safari. $1650.
Super Mario Brothers arcade. $750.
Cougar Dart Board. $550.
All prices are OBO and I will try my best to discount for multiple purchases. Swing out to Sioux Falls this weekend and pick up a game or two

#10185 6 years ago

So who got the Shadow out of Sartel MN? Was listed at $1800

#10186 6 years ago

I've got a decent Tee'd Off that I'm looking to sell. $1600.

Game is in good shape. Some cabinet touch ups. It plays good and everything works, but could use new rubber rings. No led's.

Has gopher topper and it works.

I've got pics.

Location is Franklin, WI.

#10187 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

So who got the Shadow out of Sartel MN? Was listed at $1800

Wow... have no idea what you're talking about since I'm the only pinhead in Sartell that I know of (unfortunately). I'm hoping it was some hoax/prank and got taken down. What site did you see this listed on?

But I'm really gonna have a nervous breakdown if one of my neighbors had this in his/her garage/basement and listed it right under my nose.

#10188 6 years ago

I contacted the guy and he said someone was coming out the next day and I was next in line. I decided to pass and told a friend about it(got the sense it was rough, but a bit under the money). He contacted the seller and was told there were two people at $2200 and he was third in line. My friend asked if he paid him another $100 if he might move up in line and the seller said yes he could go to first place. After all that I told him best to walk away. A real piece of work there.

#10189 6 years ago

I was given a similar story, one guy was coming to look at it and one guy had already offered $2200, but I could have it if they passed. I told him I would be shocked if the first guy passed. He told me I was next in line at $2200, I assume this was if the second guy passed but never bothered to confirm that. Seemed like a good deal, the one side of the cabinet you could see looked in good shape.

#10190 6 years ago

Ended up being Steve from Iowa who picked it up. I saw the ad and offered $2200, but never heard anything about other offers. He just said another guy was coming to look at it the next day.

It was on craigsist

#10191 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

It was on craigsist

#10192 6 years ago

Saw the buyer's brag post on FB last night.

#10193 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Saw the buyer's brag post on FB last night.

Even at $1800, no way I would drive 12 hours for a $1000 discount on a pin.

#10194 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Even at $1800, no way I would drive 12 hours for a $1000 discount on a pin.

You must have money to burn then. So you make $83.30 an hour at you regular job?

#10195 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You must have money to burn then. So you make $83.30 an hour at you regular job?

I value my time about that. Taking a sudden day off from work, drive 12 hours, food and gas along the way, the related stress of not trusting the guy you're buying the pin from adds up. What if you drive there and the guy sold it for $2300 because someone was closer.

Shadow has been on my list, i've been hoping the pinballwarehouse gets one in.

#10196 6 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I value my time about that. Taking a sudden day off from work, drive 12 hours, food and gas along the way, the related stress of not trusting the guy you're buying the pin from adds up. What if you drive there and the guy sold it for $2300 because someone was closer.
Shadow has been on my list, i've been hoping the pinballwarehouse gets one in.

Wise choice, the seller would have sold anyone out if he had the chance. The guy took a big risk driving from Iowa and I congratulate him on his purchase. Add a few hundred to get the pin nice(seller said it needed stuff), lost time and trip money and you'd own that thing right for what it's worth. At $1800, it was a deal and at $2200 it doesn't break my heart.

#10197 6 years ago

I have a LOTR totally done up if anyone is interested

#10198 6 years ago

I'm still looking to trade my AFM for an AC/DC premium.

#10199 6 years ago

After 9 long months my customers can get here easier when highway 169 reopens next Wednesday.

http://www.kare11.com/traffic/highway-169-to-reopen-early-after-massive-rebuild/477859618

#10200 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

After 9 long months my customers can get here easier when highway 169 reopens next Wednesday.
http://www.kare11.com/traffic/highway-169-to-reopen-early-after-massive-rebuild/477859618

About time that thing opened....just in time for winter.

There are 20,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/204 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.