1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 17,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 347.
#951 8 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Yea I got VERY lucky on the timing for getting in line on ES. Ultimately it's Tim's decision though, and if he decided to sell to you I wouldn't be mad, not even a little, because both of you guys are so nice.

Yeah it's all good. I know it will be a while until he gets to it and there is always plenty of pins to go around. Plus I'll have MeT to keep me busy.

Chris

#952 8 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Yea I got VERY lucky on the timing for getting in line on ES. Ultimately it's Tim's decision though, and if he decided to sell to you I wouldn't be mad, not even a little, because both of you guys are so nice.

Yeah it's all good. I know it will be a while until he gets to it and there is always plenty of pins to go around. Plus I'll have MeT to keep me busy.

Chris

#953 8 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

Chris

#954 8 years ago

Funny, my old WW after many games my high score is 15,000,000. This one after 2 games.

010.JPG

#955 8 years ago

Just posted my TZ for sale if anyone local is interested..

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fsft-twilight-zone-very-nice-in-mn

#956 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

It's def a good system 11. I think Atlantis will give it a run for its money but that's because Neo's was so amazing at MGC.
Chris

That is true. Tho I do like ES. Had one but was too similar feeling to TZ, FH and TAF, so it had to go. Atlantis is more fun and so is Swords of Fury if your talking system 11's. Tho, Atlantis is a frankenstein system 11.

#957 8 years ago

I played a beautiful SOF at MGC this year, and it is now on my want list.

#958 8 years ago

Anyone know of a local company that does powder coating for a reasonable cost?

#959 8 years ago
Quoted from ThePostmaster:

I played a beautiful SOF at MGC this year, and it is now on my want list.

Its how I feel about Atlantis.

chris

#960 8 years ago

Avengers is haunting me. I want one so bad I am having bad thoughts again. Seriously considering trying to trade CV for an LE or maybe STTNG for a pro. I love both games, but have had them both a long time and they don't get the blood pumping like they used to. I think I'd have to have an LE though...I'm spoiled by Wolverine now. And STTNG has a theme that won't let me let it go (right?). Then again if someone would actually trade an Avengers/Hulk LE for STTNG it would probably be a done deal. Did I just say that?

The big 6-for-1 trade I did to get my Wolverine awhile back turned out great, even though I got rid of a lot of games I really loved. So this should be the same, right? Right now my Wolverine has really pushed everything else in the collection aside, so maybe an Avengers by its side would rule the world! Ahh...I shouldn't be thinking this. Talk me down guys, talk me down. I love these games...so I must keep them. Right? RIGHT? AHH!

It wouldn't stop there though...I know it wouldn't. I already am lusting after Metallica too. And I know Star Trek will make me want to do something stupid to get it. It's never ending. Damn I hate this hobby...it's a sickness!

(So anyone got an Avengers they would trade? LOL!)

#961 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Talk me down guys, talk me down. I love these games...so I must keep them. Right? RIGHT? AHH!

LOL! DO IT!!!!!!! Variety is the spice of life.

#962 8 years ago

ER......you better play the hell out failvengers first.

#963 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Avengers is haunting me. I want one so bad I am having bad thoughts again. Seriously considering trying to trade CV for an LE or maybe STTNG for a pro. I love both games, but have had them both a long time and they don't get the blood pumping like they used to. I think I'd have to have an LE though...I'm spoiled by Wolverine now. And STTNG has a theme that won't let me let it go (right?). Then again if someone would actually trade an Avengers/Hulk LE for STTNG it would probably be a done deal. Did I just say that?
The big 6-for-1 trade I did to get my Wolverine awhile back turned out great, even though I got rid of a lot of games I really loved. So this should be the same, right? Right now my Wolverine has really pushed everything else in the collection aside, so maybe an Avengers by its side would rule the world! Ahh...I shouldn't be thinking this. Talk me down guys, talk me down. I love these games...so I must keep them. Right? RIGHT? AHH!
It wouldn't stop there though...I know it wouldn't. I already am lusting after Metallica too. And I know Star Trek will make me want to do something stupid to get it. It's never ending. Damn I hate this hobby...it's a sickness!

If anything dump CV. So many better games for so much less money. That said, personally, there is no way on God's green Earth I could justify spending anywhere near $7,000 for an Avengers LE.

#964 8 years ago

Would be better off with a acdc.

#965 8 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

I got a quote from a guy in plymouth for $125 for legs and rails. Will cost more if you dont want to sandblast yourself. PM me if your interested.

#966 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Talk me down guys, talk me down. I love these games...so I must keep them. Right? RIGHT? AHH!

You should talk to centerflank, he has Wolverine side by side with Avengers and he's had them long enough to have a real opinion on Avengers.
As far as STTNG goes...if I ever get one I'm not sure I'll be able to let it go...but then again..All Good Things...

#967 8 years ago

I agree, talk to Corey (centerflank). He is a good guy and will give you an honest opinion on if AVLE is worth it. If he is done with AVLE then he may even trade you for CV...

I actually like both games

#968 8 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

I have a guy he does great work. Candy clears........etc. $200

He did my Tron

#969 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

If I had an Avengers i'd be driving it over to your house right now for that trade.

#970 8 years ago

I left a detailed post on a local powder coat guy on page 5 of this thread. It's about 3/4 of the way down the page. He is located in Maple Grove and he's reasonably priced. He did the armor on idtatoo's Scared Stiff that I believe was sold to Millz here on Pinside.

Quoted from Deadpool66:

#971 8 years ago
Quoted from AkumaZeto:

Would be better off with a acdc.

No way...I respect it and can see why so many like it, but that game just doesn't do it for me. I've played both a premium and a pro and just couldn't get in to it. I'm sure I would get into it more with more play, but it didn't grab me from the start the way that X-Men and Avengers did.

Quoted from DEWSHO:

You should talk to centerflank, he has Wolverine side by side with Avengers and he's had them long enough to have a real opinion on Avengers.
As far as STTNG goes...if I ever get one I'm not sure I'll be able to let it go...but then again..All Good Things...

Yup...hoping he chimes in. From his past posts he seems to love his Hulk quite a bit.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If I had an Avengers i'd be driving it over to your house right now for that trade.

I figured you would bust my balls for this one Neo!

#972 8 years ago

Right now my Wolverine has really pushed everything else in the collection aside, so maybe an Avengers by its side would rule the world! Ahh...I shouldn't be thinking this. Talk me down guys, talk me down.

Having these 2 side by side is a must do Jedi!

DSC08828.JPG

#973 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Stop that! It is NOT helping to talk me down! LOL!

So are you still loving Hulk?

#974 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

So are you still loving Hulk?

I havent played it too much lately as I got Tron and been working on the TAF Hilton hooked me up with, but I did have a pretty decent game one of the last time, got multiple Hulk multi balls, one vrs. mode. Re-energizes you getting in a good game because usually it beats me down pretty well.

Its for sure a tough layout/shots, Black widow ramp must be hit fairly perfectly or it wont trip the optos registering a BW shot. Sticking the Hawkeye lane and up the ramp is really gratifying. LOKI multi ball always ends quickly for me. Hulk toy is simply awesome

Excellent audio if you arent too upset they didn't use real voices from the movie, ruleset seems mostly complete. My picture doesnt show it but I have the Laseriffic Hulk topper, Zdoors light up tesseract cube(every avenger machine must have this). Adds quite a bit of flavor.

Did that help you to not get one?

#975 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

For a bon fire? That's the only reason i'd put those 2 close together in the same proximity. both I feel are terrible games. Might not be Xfiles or SF2 terrible, but terrible nevertheless.

But i'd move that LOTR out of the way before lighting the match, because I wouldn't want to see that get hurt, or the TZ. It's kind of like you have a shit sandwich going there, but with high end pieces of bread.

#976 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

For a bon fire? That's the only reason i'd put those 2 close together in the same proximity. both I feel are terrible games. Might not be Xfiles or SF2 terrible, but terrible nevertheless.

You should really relax and mellow out once in awhile on pinside, not every game you dont like is a piece of crap or needs to be burned.

#977 8 years ago

Then you don't know me very well. Everything I like rocks and everything I hate sucks donkey balls. It's just the way the system works. Everything in between is just neutral.

I'm mainly just giving you shit tho. I don't really hate avengers, but I don't like it either. It's a low neutral. I was neutral to Xmen until I owned it. Then I hated it the more I played it. But it's still not in the Xfiles, FT, SF2 category yet.

#978 8 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

No way...I respect it and can see why so many like it, but that game just doesn't do it for me. I've played both a premium and a pro and just couldn't get in to it. I'm sure I would get into it more with more play, but it didn't grab me from the start the way that X-Men and Avengers did.

I would wait a few months till avengers drops into the high 4's wont be long before you can pick up a nib blue for 4900 bucks.

#979 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I havent played it too much lately as I got Tron and been working on the TAF Hilton hooked me up with,

HAHA so your the one Hilton interupted his Friday lunch to drive 2 hours for! You lucky bastard!

#980 8 years ago
Quoted from DEWSHO:

HAHA so your the one Hilton interupted his Friday lunch to drive 2 hours for! You lucky bastard!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-taf-special-gold-edition-6k-obo-se-wisc

#981 8 years ago

Just my luck the WW and ES work perfectly and the game I really wanted (SOF) has two issues I have to work out.

#982 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

(SOF) has two issues I have to work out.

I'll take it off your hands, as is. You don't want to mess with it. I don't have enough projects going, I could use one more...

#983 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Just my luck the WW and ES work perfectly and the game I really wanted (SOF) has two issues I have to work out.

nothing a few (or 10) beers can't fix!

#984 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I just never understood this mentality. Some people say they dislike a game so much on their first play that they don't even finish there balls. I don't get how this is possible. All pinball games are fundamentally the person vs. gravity.

They all have some little trick or another (or possibly a randomizer like a magnet) that makes them a little different or a different shot pattern or music . . . but fundamentally they are not all that different to where you can say one is jesus and another should be burned.

Avengers and XMen are both good games. I think the shots on Avengers are a bit tight but it doesn't mean it isn't a good game.

#985 8 years ago

Well, obviously it was a joke and we wouldn't burn any of them. Not when you can always sell it for a good game. Xfiles is the only game that I didn't want to finish after the 1st ball. I did play it again at the MPE to see if maybe it has improved in the past 5 years. It had not. What a raving piece of shit Xfiles is.

#986 8 years ago

I enjoyed playing Xfiles, tough game as I remember(2001). My first painting gig, the boss had one in his man cave, I guess I just enjoy playing all pins, and don't try to rub my hate all over them.

#987 8 years ago

Just be sure to rub your balls before you drop em in the trough... Tron does not like dirty balls.

#988 8 years ago

If somebody wants a new machine and wants to let a TAF, or a STTNG go let me know, looking for one in good shape, hopefully somewhere in the local area. PM me if you have something available.

#989 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

I left a detailed post on a local powder coat guy on page 5 of this thread. It's about 3/4 of the way down the page. He is located in Maple Grove and he's reasonably priced. He did the armor on idtatoo's Scared Stiff that I believe was sold to Millz here on Pinside.

Yeah Doug did the armor on my Congo. I initially wanted use him because someone mentioned he could do brass plating. I tried to get him to do that but he just showed me gold powder coat colors instead, which lead me to believe he does not do brass plating. We finally agreed on a gold color based on soda cans that he had powder coated. While thinking more about it, i decided that really didn't like gold powder coat, so I emailed him because I changed my mind. Thats when he directed me to the prismatic website where i could pick any color. I chose a metallic orange and a candy green, and he was pretty excited. Though it DID take about 6 weeks due to other jobs and trips he took out of the country, he maintained decent communication throughout and he did a pretty good job in the end. I'd use him again, but only if I wasn't in a hurry.

#990 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I enjoyed playing Xfiles, tough game as I remember(2001). My first painting gig, the boss had one in his man cave, I guess I just enjoy playing all pins, and don't try to rub my hate all over them.

I enjoyed Xfiles too when I had it. Tough game with tight shots, but you could really get some flow rocking if you were nailing the shots!

#991 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Did that help you to not get one?

No...no you are not helping at all...LOL! I need to get some more play in on one soon. Maybe I can sneak in to the theater again and drop a couple more bucks in theirs. Otherwise I really gotta get down to your place sometime! Thanks for the insights.

Quoted from AkumaZeto:

I would wait a few months till Avengers drops into the high 4's wont be long before you can pick up a nib blue for 4900 bucks.

I am guessing it might drop a bit yet, especially when Metallica starts shipping and Trek gets closer. I think we'll see one more of the usual "sell off" push that will drive the price down a bit, then they will settle in and go back up some. That seems to be the circle of life in pinball land. I don't think LEs will get as low as the 4's though. I am purely guessing that it will hit mid-5's for a low, then settle in around 6-6.5 when the smoke clears. Same with X-Men. I think both have a better chance of going higher than that rather than dropping even further long term, but I don't think we'll ever see Tron LE / BIBLE levels out of them. I don't think we'll see Avatar:LE levels either though. Somewhere in between.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

For a bon fire?

Can always count on you for pure bluntness and a good laugh! I love how people in other threads take you so seriously and never seem to realize that you are dishing out shit. Funny stuff. I think there are people on here that take things so seriously that they really want to smack you. LOL!

I played a few games on CV and STTNG last night. I don't think I could let STTNG go even though I've had it longer than almost anything in my collection. It's just too good of a game with too good of a theme. The trekkie in me would die a little if it left. CV was a little different. As I was playing I was thinking "no way could I let this go", but after walking away it popped right back into my mind. So I maybe could let that happen. We'll see I guess. I really need to play some more Avengers before deciding anything. Ideally I would love to keep them all, but space and especially money will not let that happen. The only way anything new can come in anytime soon is if something else goes out. Especially since my wishlist all seems crazy expensive right now. It's a disease I tell you!

#992 8 years ago

Some friends have brought motorcycle and car parts to Doug and got them back the next day. Good to here feedback but I'm sure that is not the norm.

Quoted from Phetishboy:

I'd use him again, but only if I wasn't in a hurry.

#993 8 years ago

Centerflank has talked to me in person many times, he knows i'm just messing with him.

#994 8 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

Some friends have brought motorcycle and car parts to Doug and got them back the next day. Good to here feedback but I'm sure that is not the norm.

I'm just presenting the facts. I don't usually sweat the small stuff, so I wasn't too worked up about it, but I know a lot of people in this hobby do sweat the small stuff, so I am just giving those people a heads up that it may take him longer than he thinks it will. I was also quoted around 2 or so weeks and $130 for the work when we started the deal, and ended up waiting 6 weeks and being charged $200 when I went to pick up the stuff. My local powdercoater charges me around $90 for the same amount of work. I liked Doug and his wife a lot though, and thought he did a great job on the parts. It just took him almost 3 times as long as he told me it would, and I was charged $70 more than he quoted me. Also, if you don't mention you want the front AND back or the top AND bottom of a part coated, he will only do the side that he knows will be seen, and leaves the 'hidden' side uncoated. My rails and lock-down bar were powdered on the top and outside only. I had to tell him to do the back of the coin door, or he woulda left that unfinished as well. Again, these are just the facts, I am in no way trashing the guy. I really liked the dude and hope everyone in MN uses him for powder from now on, just make sure to be specific on what you want done.

#995 8 years ago

Anyone fr the Fon du Lac area headed to Wausau tomorrow to look at the Firepower? If you are PM me and I can give you a pretty good description of it.

#996 8 years ago

Well it finally arrived thanks to John at D&G

My first Stern!

photo.JPG

#997 8 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Well it finally arrived thanks to John at D&G

My first Stern!

Congrats man! Have fun. ACDC fu$%in rocks!

#998 8 years ago

D&G brings the goods! Speaking of which, we may have our second sponsor for the Pinball BBQ. Would like to see a raise of hands for people that are going to attend. Please post up in the Pinball BBQ thread if your coming to the event, bringing a game or helping with the tournament. With the nicer weather, I'm hoping to see people excited to get outside and enjoy the backyard.

1st Annual Pinball BBQ:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1st-annual-pinball-bbq-sunday-may-26th-minnesota

#999 8 years ago

OK guys...I'm going to make it official. Cirqus Voltaire is for sale or trade for an Avengers LE. I would probably be looking for a little cash coming my way depending on NIB/HUO/routed and condition, mods, etc. I am leaning heavily towards a blue, but could be talked into a Hulk or possibly even a premium depending on the cash coming my way.

This is the same CV many of you played at MGC the past 3 years. I consider it to be in nice condition...probably the top end of "players grade", but not quite collectors quality. There is some typical insert ghosting and the clear coat has a chip at the boom balloon and some lifting around two of the volt rollovers. All typical CV issues, but better than some I have seen. Other than that the playfield is very nice, bright and shiny. It was torn down fully (top side) and shopped a little over a year ago. I have discussed the playfield issues with Neo, and he thinks it could be fixed up fairly easily if so desired.

There are no broken plastics/ramps. The cabinet decals have some bunching around the legs that is mostly hidden by leg protectors, and a few other small marks. Someone drilled a few tiny holes in one side of the cab at some point...weird but I have actually heard of another with the same thing. They aren't very noticable in the busy cab art, but they are there and I am all about full disclosure. It does look very good yet overall. The stock lockbar holes were filled and touched up at some point, but you can see where they were.

It plays 100% with no credit dot or issues. I have had it at MGC 3 years in a row, including this year, with 0 issues (knock on wood) and it always get many compliments. It has plastic protectors, a real bell, the scrolls, juggler bounce out protector, home ROMs, original manual, etc. It has beautiful orange neon that has never given me any problems. The entire machine has been super reliable for the five years I have owned it.

That's the basics off the top of my head. I will try to take pics tonight and give it a good looking over to make sure I didn't miss anything. I'm sure many of you played it at MGC and can vouch for the condition. Serious buyers are more than welcome to come see and play it in person.

I figured I would post it here first to give the local guys first dibs before opening it up to everyone, CL, Mr. Pinball, etc. I will not ship, but I am willing to split the drive depending on distance.

As I mentioned, I prefer a trade for an Avengers LE (likely plus some cash). Cash sale I would say $7500 OBO. I will consider other interesting trades, but am pretty stuck on Avengers right now.

Contact me here or at [email protected] if you are interested and I will get pics ASAP.

Thanks!
Chris Matte

#1000 8 years ago

I had a blast playing your CV the last couple of years. It was playing really well. Good luck with the sale, I hope you can get TAV out of it.

There are 17,334 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 347.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside